Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2003, 11:55 AM   #401
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up

Well after careful negotiations of which I had no idea what the poor fellow was saying, I can cross Chile off the list.

18 countries down, 38 to go!

I will be the first hattricker to play every country in the game. I am not sure what that means though.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:15 PM   #402
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

Hey, is there anyway to change your team name?
Old 03-13-2003, 03:20 PM   #403
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci

If I remember correctly, you can change the name of your team during the off-season. However, I believe you will lose a small percentage of your supporters if you do so (10%??) and there is a small cost associated with it as well ($6,000??).

I've never done it, so I am not certain about the numbers.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 03-13-2003 at 03:20 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:21 PM   #404
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by The Afoci

If I remember right, you can but only during the offseason. And there a fee for that... I also remember reading that you could lose some supporters as some of you hardcore fans might be unsettled by a team name change. Check in the rules, it's in there somwhere...

Later, FrogMan.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:22 PM   #405
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

shoot! DK you beat me by a minute... oh well...

Same "if I remember right/correctly" too. Eerie...

FrogMan.
Old 03-13-2003, 03:33 PM   #406
DataKing
Pro Rookie

We want a nice disclaimer to point to in case we're wrong, that's all.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 03-13-2003, 03:40 PM   #407
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

thanks guys...10 percent of supports wont be much...
Old 03-13-2003, 03:46 PM   #408
samifan24
Pro Starter

Ok well I have to ask. What's the deal with international friendlies? It appears as though if I travel out of the US, I receive a portion of the funds from the match even though I'm the visiting team? Am I reading that correctly? If that's true, then that's the "positive" of intl. friendlies, while the negative is that they're only worth 1/5 of a regular match as far as experience goes. Is that correct?
Old 03-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #409
DataKing
Pro Rookie

You receive 1/2 of the gate receipts in a friendly match, whether it is domestic or international. International friendlies do tend to draw larger crowds, though.

The real down-side is that the visiting team has to pay $6,000 in travel expenses.

Domestic friendlies are worth 1/10th the experience of a league match. International friendlies, on the other hand, are worth 1/5th, which means they give your players twice as much experience as domestic friendlies.

I hope this helps clear things up.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-13-2003, 03:55 PM   #410
McSweeny
College Starter

regular friendlies also give the visiting team money from spectators. You only get 1/10 of the experience in regular friendlies compared to the 1/5 for international ones. International friendlies cost money for flight and booking costs(7,000?)
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #411
McSweeny
College Starter

doh took too long
Old 03-13-2003, 04:11 PM   #412
dacman
College Benchwarmer

I just read that team name changed thing yesterday -- its not in the hattrick rules, it was on one of those hattrick helper sites. I seem to recall you lose 3% of your supporters, but I can't remember the cost.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:26 PM   #413
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I will be the first hattricker to play every country in the game. I am not sure what that means though.
You spent a lot of money playing internationally? So, how much do you pull in for friendlies internationally? I know you get more but does it help defer some of the cost? If so, I wouldn't mind paying $2K a week for a little extra training

As for the name change thing, here's some somewhat definitive info:

from hattricks:
"change name of club: -3%"

from the rules, page 3:
"Between seasons, you will get the option of changing your Clubs name. This will set you back $20000, and will trigger the Fanclub to shrink by a few percent, as your most conservative supporters abondon the Club in disgust... "

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 04:31 PM   #414
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I scheduled a home-and-home with some guy out of Denmark. Both of our teams suck, and cloudy weather didn't help...but I only got $1,000 in revenue, so I guess I should expect to lose at least $5,000 next week

By the way...what has more of an effect on your crowd showing up? His team is better than mine, yet he's #8 in his DV, and I'm #5 in my DV. I know the countries have different levels of talent in their divisions, but do the fans follow the standings, or the recent play of the team?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 04:41 PM   #415
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
You spent a lot of money playing internationally? So, how much do you pull in for friendlies internationally? I know you get more but does it help defer some of the cost? If so, I wouldn't mind paying $2K a week for a little extra training

HornedFrog isn't saying is will be the first team to play in every country, just to play one team from every country. If I understood his strategy the right way, he challenges a lot of outsiders to international friendlies played at his place

And you know what, some people will just fall for it...

I've got a friendly set up for next week, but after that, I'd be wiling to schedule some home-and-home with some of my fellow FOFCer. Remember, I'm from Canada Even though crossnig the border is about a 2 hour drive, I'd still be charged 12,000$ on my away game (that's in blue and red and green money )

Later, FrogMan.
Old 03-13-2003, 04:45 PM   #416
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
By the way...what has more of an effect on your crowd showing up? His team is better than mine, yet he's #8 in his DV, and I'm #5 in my DV. I know the countries have different levels of talent in their divisions, but do the fans follow the standings, or the recent play of the team?

I would believe that fans follow yuor hot streaks, probably reflected by their mood. When you use the arenasizer tool at Hattricks, they give you three figures based on your number of supporters and if you are winning a lot, not at all, and on average.

FrogMan.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:16 PM   #417
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Except for two weeks ago when I played West Henrietta, I have pretty much for three weeks only play international teams at home. A lot of teams jsut don't care.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 05:22 PM   #418
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Well actually for about 2 1/2 seasons I never played at home, I traveled exclusively. I joke all the time about how I actually get a home game once in a while.

Last week I played a German team at home but I forgot I had already played a German team in Germany last season so I just didnt play him again.

I am just trying to get some money back.

This fellow from Chile rejected my first challenge then sent me a new one wanting cup rules still at my place. Hey whatever floats your boat.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:59 PM   #419
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've got a friendly set up for next week, but after that, I'd be wiling to schedule some home-and-home with some of my fellow FOFCer. Remember, I'm from Canada Even though crossnig the border is about a 2 hour drive, I'd still be charged 12,000$ on my away game (that's in blue and red and green money )

What I really meant was, if I can snag an extra $3-4K a week in attendance, I wouldn't mind going internationally and only paying a net of about $2K ($6-$4) to get some spare training and some international flavor.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 06:07 PM   #420
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by HornedFrog Purple
This fellow from Chile rejected my first challenge then sent me a new one wanting cup rules still at my place. Hey whatever floats your boat.

Well, HornedFrog, that one got me laughing quite hard

Takes a bit of everything to make this crazy world we live in, huh?

FrogMan.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:11 PM   #421
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sterlingice
What I really meant was, if I can snag an extra $3-4K a week in attendance, I wouldn't mind going internationally and only paying a net of about $2K ($6-$4) to get some spare training and some international flavor.

I understood what you meant. My reasoning was that by scheduling series home-and-home, then you get the same result, i.e. playing international games with more experience, but you pay the fee only once every two weeks. That way you can almost be breakeven overall (one week you lose some, the next you make some). Seeing how most of us are trying to save money, this could be a good idea...

FrogMan.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:46 PM   #422
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Or you can do what I do, send out 25 challenges to international teams to play at your place. I almost gurantee you will get a friendly. I've never traveled out of the US, but play international friendlies anytime I don't play FOFC guys.
Old 03-14-2003, 01:15 PM   #423
McSweeny
College Starter

if anyone is looking for an inad keeper i've got one going right now and he's only up to 1000 bucks

Laurín Cairós Barreto (8584736)
25 years, poor form, healthy

A controversial person who is calm and honest.
Has wretched experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Nationality: USA
Assessed value: 76 000 US$
Wage: 1 080 US$/week
Owner: S. Boston Hooligans
Warnings: 0

Stamina: weak Goaltending: inadequate
Playmaking: disastrous Passing: wretched
Winger: wretched Defending: disastrous
Scoring: wretched Set Pieces: poor
Old 03-19-2003, 08:03 PM   #424
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Ok I have another Hattrick question- I am hoping some of you vets. can help me out with this....
One of my Central Defenders got 2 yellow cards in my friendly tonight and was ejected....he got kicked out in like the 88th minute, and when I looked at my teams stars he was not listed, and when I look for 'latest match' it shows his latest match as my friendly last week....so does this match count at all for him experience wise? and most importantly- Since he is not showing up as having played in the match will he get training this week(I am training Defense)?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #425
The_herd
College Starter

Any estimates on this guys market value?

Kevin Hinton
214 000 US$, 24 years, inadequate form
Has weak experience and wretched leadership abilities

Stamina: solid Keeper: wretched
Playmaking: solid Passing: poor
Winger: disastrous Defending: inadequate
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: solid
Old 03-19-2003, 10:08 PM   #426
bbor
Pro Starter

Start him at 150 000...he should get over 200 000 in the end..IMHO.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2003, 10:37 PM   #427
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Does anyone want to play The Louisiana Cyclones in a friendly next week?
Old 03-19-2003, 10:43 PM   #428
NevStar
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by Doug5984
Ok I have another Hattrick question- I am hoping some of you vets. can help me out with this....
One of my Central Defenders got 2 yellow cards in my friendly tonight and was ejected....he got kicked out in like the 88th minute, and when I looked at my teams stars he was not listed, and when I look for 'latest match' it shows his latest match as my friendly last week....so does this match count at all for him experience wise? and most importantly- Since he is not showing up as having played in the match will he get training this week(I am training Defense)?

Yes, he'll get experience & training.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:41 AM   #429
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Does anyone want to play The Louisiana Cyclones in a friendly next week?

Sure

Battle of New Orleans, part II
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:14 PM   #430
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Masked
Sure

Battle of New Orleans, part II

Ok- we have the friendly set up, since it is an off-season friendly I have a mix of starters and backups (mostly my really young guys) to get them some more experience...

Another thing- Tonight my first player 'popped' in training, I had a D-Winger go to passable in Defending....He is one of my favorite players on my team and I was happy to see him get to passable, now both of my D-wingers are at passable...I just thought I would share that with everyone.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:25 PM   #431
Vince
Pro Starter

Hey guys, my Isla Vista Vandals are also in need of a friendly...I'll warn you we suck, and it'd probably be better to go to someone else's arena, as I only draw about 400 people for friendlies.

But I'd love to play one of y'all
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:39 PM   #432
Masked
College Starter

Quote:
Ok- we have the friendly set up, since it is an off-season friendly I have a mix of starters and backups (mostly my really young guys) to get them some more experience...

I'll be playing a mix of young and old as well. My players are in desparate need of experience, and I have very little youth worth developing.

Now fishing for some advice. I am considering upgrading my arena. I currently have the initial one which seats 7K. Once the new season gets a bit closer, is it wise to go 100-150K in debt to expand?
Masked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #433
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally posted by Masked

Now fishing for some advice. I am considering upgrading my arena. I currently have the initial one which seats 7K. Once the new season gets a bit closer, is it wise to go 100-150K in debt to expand?

When I asked about upgrading my stadium this is the answer I got:
Quote:
Originally posted by DataKing

7. I think you can hold off on upgrading your stadium for a little while. Once you get into the 600-700 supporter range, then consider improving it. A couple of notes regarding stadiums.

a. There is a $30,000 base cost for stadium expansion, even if you only add one seat, so it is more efficient to do stadium expansions in large "chunks" (at least 5,000 seats at a time, IMO).
b. Do not go beyond 20x the number of supporters you have.
c. The "magic ratio" for stadium seat types is as follows: 62.5% terrace, 25% basic, 10% under roof, 2.5% VIP. This is the most efficient as far as generating revenue.

Old 03-21-2003, 11:30 AM   #434
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I'm expecting royalties.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 03-21-2003, 11:40 AM   #435
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I am so excited right now, i got my first bump. I know have a great utility guy for me, inad at playmaking, passing, defending and winger.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:28 PM   #436
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I'm getting really lucky. I keep buying these inad playmakers for cheap, only to have them bump up to passable in a week. Now I jsut need a guy to bump up to solid.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:08 PM   #437
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up

Cross Brazil off the list.
Old 03-24-2003, 08:51 AM   #438
PilotMan
Head Coach

I was just looking at the new V.40. And it seems to me that as long as I continue to improve that I should be able to go undefeated this year. The new team that was relegated is new and got smoked 6-1 in their relegation match. There are two other new teams, and the old ones in the division I beat all last year.

Heres to a successful promotion campaign. (clink)

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:07 AM   #439
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by PilotMan
I was just looking at the new V.40. And it seems to me that as long as I continue to improve that I should be able to go undefeated this year. The new team that was relegated is new and got smoked 6-1 in their relegation match. There are two other new teams, and the old ones in the division I beat all last year.

Heres to a successful promotion campaign. (clink)

And a cheer back from Canada. I inherited an 8th place team in div IV only 4 weeks before the end of the season and I just got relegated to div V.211 in Canada and that division is an "all-bot" division. Will suck not to have anybody to talk to, but I'm absolutely pushing to get back in div IV in 16 weeks

FrogMan