Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #401
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Can we in the Big Ten vote to have a championship game? Is that allowed?

I'm not the commish, but I wouldn't have a problem with it. The only thing I would insist on is the majority of the coaches vote for it, and you guys HAVING TO HAVE 12 TEAMS!

But I'd have no problem with you guys hunting another team
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:46 PM   #402
Joe
Pro Starter

I would also vote for a Big10 championship game
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 04:55 PM   #403
st.cronin
General Manager

Wisconsin votes NO for a championship game.

They are the mark of a gay conference.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 06:30 PM   #404
Balldog
Pro Rookie

If we had one, I'd prefer to pick up a 12th team...say Pittsburgh or Notre Dame...
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #405
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

I'd like to claim Kansas.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #406
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
I'd like to claim Kansas.

dola - this BBCF game you speak of is a college basketball sim, right?

Old 12-03-2005, 08:09 PM   #407
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
two more B12 teams claimed, leaving only the Baylor Bears available.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 09:27 PM   #408
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
If we had one, I'd prefer to pick up a 12th team...say Pittsburgh or Notre Dame...

Notre Dame has no interest in joining the Big 10
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:14 PM   #409
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Oregon will join the Big 10.

Or replace Baylor in the Big 12, whatever.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 11:33 PM   #410
Joe
Pro Starter

can the big 10 just eliminate penn state so that there are actually 10 teams, split it up into 2 divisions of 5, and have a championship game that way?
Old 12-03-2005, 11:56 PM   #411
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
can the big 10 just eliminate penn state so that there are actually 10 teams, split it up into 2 divisions of 5, and have a championship game that way?

Is suicane still around? B/C I have a feeling he would have something to say about that. If it was me I'd just kick out Minnesota
Old 12-03-2005, 11:59 PM   #412
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Is suicane still around? B/C I have a feeling he would have something to say about that. If it was me I'd just kick out Minnesota

Suicane is still banned, so he is silent on the issue
Old 12-04-2005, 12:03 AM   #413
bertogarce
Mascot

I'd like to claim the Wyoming Cowboys. If I missed it and they're taken, then please give me SMU (Smuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu).
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 12:10 AM   #414
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

fricking yankees trying to stir up shit
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:41 AM   #415
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

hooray for the midshipmen!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #416
sooner333
College Starter

just letting everyone know I'm still down for this league as the Sooners...I haven't really participated much in league discussion. Now the game's out though, I guess I need to figure it all out.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:48 AM   #417
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
just letting everyone know I'm still down for this league as the Sooners...I haven't really participated much in league discussion. Now the game's out though, I guess I need to figure it all out.

My Ducks are going to kick some Sooner ass...unlike IRL
Old 12-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #418
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Guys, I would recommend everyone play the game and get familiar with it before getting too deep in an online league. There are some things you will find out with some hours in single player that will up you do better in gameplanning, recruiting and player development.

Also, I am willing to add reports/options to make this a somewhat less painful process overall. Here's a tutorial as well for getting your feat wet:

------------

1. Create the league and select multiplayer. Choose a user team and set the league password (it defaults one for you). You will get a user password and the league password in a password.txt file created in the multiplayer/[save]/ path.

2. Once the league has been created, click the "Online" button and login as the commissioner using your league password. As an aside, you can login as any human team with the league password when you load a save game (so, as commish, you don't have to memorize a bunch of passwords if you ever need to load the game as a different team).

3. Once you have logged in, you will notice that the "League settings" menu option has now been enabled. At this point, you can click that option and load the main Online league settings screen.

4. This is the main hub for any commish. You can change the user selected teams, league password, delete all the emails in the league, as well as modify the overall league makeup. You will see all the conferences listed here and when you select one the entire list of teams will appear. To make a team human-run, click the toggle to the left of the team's name. You can also enter coach names, emails and a password that team can use to log into the save game and take their actions.

5. At the far right, you will see 5 toggles - Auto camp, season and offseason, as well as toggles for offensive and defensive playbooks. If you set any of the first three, the AI will run the team for that stage. So, if you toggle "Auto camp", the AI will handle budgets, scheduling, formations and redshirting for the human team. If you enable one of the playbook toggles, the game will not use strategies to call plays for that team but instead go off the user playbook provided.

6. Once you have enabled the human teams and set their CPU AI options, you are ready to begin your season.

7. As the commissioner, you have numerous options available to you that other owners (and not even normal single players) have. First, you can modify the playbook, startegies, gameplan, budget, scouting service, formations, depth chart and roster for any team in your league at any time (including CPU teams). Simply change the selected team on the bottom area and the screen you are on will automatically change to be the new team. You will also have the ability to perform all actions a normal team owner would on these screens.

8. In order to access the scheduling, coach hire/fire, transfer, recruiting or training areas you will need to switch the user team. This can be done at the league setting screen - but hopefully you won't need to do that much as all this info is saved in the team's export file.

9. To export a team file as a user, simply load the save game from the commissioner, login by selecting your team and entering its password. Then, make your changes and actions before clicking the "Export coach file" menu option. This will output a file with your teamId in the multiplayer/savename/ folder. This is the file you will need to send to the commish for him to import and get your changes. A great deal of information is stored in these files. Everything from depth charts, training, team info, budgets, recruiting actions, transfer actions, hire/fire staff actions, gameplans, playbooks, strategies, watch lists and even deleted emails (so the main DB stays current).

10. As a commish, you can import all the league files by gathering each team file (*.coa) and putting it in your /multiplayer/savename/ folder. Then, click the "import coach files" button and it will update the game with all the changes made by other coaches. you can then save the game and sim the upcoming week.

11. As stated above, users can do just about everything from their version of the game and stored it in the output *.coa file. One of the nice features for BBCF is human-human and human-CPU scheduling in multiplayer leagues. In order to schedule a non-conference games between two human teams, you need to do the following:
- After ensuring that the teams are not in the same conference nor already scheduled to play, have the first team pick a week to play the game. Then, he can select the human team from the list to the far right and decide on whether the game will be home or away.
- Next, the second team needs to select the same week and choose the first team as an opponent.
- When both coaches send in their .coa file for that week and it gets imported and advanced, the game will recognize that two human teams have elected to schedule each other and create the game on that week.

12. You can also schedule CPU opponents just like in single player games by selected the team, location and week. If two human teams happen to select the same CPU team, the CPU will decided which of the two (if any) to play by looking at factors most important to it.

13. The only major action that cannot be done in the .coa files is switching positions. There would be a massive ballooning of the files needed and numerous spots for errors if I allowed that to be exported. There were other risks as well, so I elected to put the onus on the commish to make player position changes. Because the commish can change the current roster by simply changing the bottom selected team, switching positions for different players and different teams should not be that big a deal.

Some final notes:
- only the commish can advance a week or sim games. So, you need to login as the commish before doing either.
- there is no multiple season or multiple week simming in multiplayer games. I didn't see the use in allowing this and didn't want someone to accidentally click on one and screw up their league.
- during the season, the user cannot export his file unless his depth chart is correct and he has a valid gameplan selected.
- Emails will be created for each user team like they were playing in a single season. If a user deletes some emails and then exports his .coa file, those emails will also be removed from the master database. The commish also has the ability to remove all emails if he wishes.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 11:51 AM   #419
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I don't think that any consideration should be given to starting this league before the holidays.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:00 PM   #420
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I don't think that any consideration should be given to starting this league before the holidays.

Yep. Sounds about right.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:05 PM   #421
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, cartman said it wouldn't start until at least after the New Year.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #422
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
I'd say we serious consider adding Notre Dame to the Big-11 and give them a conference title game

Notre Dame said they didn't want in the Big 11...of course.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:07 PM   #423
MrBug708
Head Coach

I'd say we serious consider adding Notre Dame to the Big-11 and give them a conference title game
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #424
cody8200
High School Varsity

Indiana doesnt want a conference game for the Big 10.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #425
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200
Indiana doesnt want a conference game for the Big 10.

Go Hoosiers!!!!
Old 12-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #426
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Arizona nominates abolishing Arizona State from the Pac 10 because we feel they're a bush league brand of football and their fans probably have Hepititus.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #427
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
Arizona nominates abolishing Arizona State from the Pac 10 because we feel they're a bush league brand of football and their fans probably have Hepititus.

As a fellow member of the Pac 10, I second the motion.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #428
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708

Notre Dame would like to restate that we have no interest in joining a conference
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #429
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar

yeah, what he said...
Old 12-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #430
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I'm going to have to give up Texas Tech. I'm too locked into FM2006 to play so have at it.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:05 PM   #431
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
13. The only major action that cannot be done in the .coa files is switching positions. There would be a massive ballooning of the files needed and numerous spots for errors if I allowed that to be exported. There were other risks as well, so I elected to put the onus on the commish to make player position changes. Because the commish can change the current roster by simply changing the bottom selected team, switching positions for different players and different teams should not be that big a deal.

So we can't change positions unless we send an email to the commish and he does it? Will we atleast get the single player notification of how that player is likely to transfer to the new position? This seems like this could be alot of work on cartman. I see a no position change rule ruling into effect, and that would suck.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #432
SackAttack
Head Coach

Been talking to Ben, and I think I'm going to take the plunge.

If Baylor's still open, I'll take 'em.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #433
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
Been talking to Ben, and I think I'm going to take the plunge.

If Baylor's still open, I'll take 'em.

you got 'em, first page updated.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:27 PM   #434
kingfc22
Head Coach

Cartman - Are you going to run a small test league first to iron out everything before we jump into this huge league?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #435
Dunleavy
High School JV

count me in, O hi O
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #436
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Cartman - Are you going to run a small test league first to iron out everything before we jump into this huge league?

oh hell yes

Old 12-09-2005, 02:43 PM   #437
bw1488
n00b

Well, dang. Guess i should get in on the ground floor for this. I would like to take the Utah Utes if they're not already taken and I missed it.
bw1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:07 PM   #438
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Sign me up for anything. I'd like UVA (since I went there) but they appear to be taken.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #439
tarcone
Coordinator

Purdue(still wanting Iowa) says no to a league champ game and YES to getting rid of Penn State
Weak sister Notre Dame needs another independent to play against and penn st would be a great team for them
BIG TEN
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:35 PM   #440
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Do Big 10 teams have any other requests?
Old 12-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #441
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle

USF votes to abolish Arizona from participating in any sport since their fans think 3-8 is an imporvement on 3-8.....must be that Tucson math.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:51 PM   #442
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I vote that I should get a vote, even though I don't have a team.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:10 PM   #443
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

even if we don't start now, can we get the initial file to get familiar with our teams?
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:17 PM   #444
Vince
Pro Starter

I'm sure now that the game is released, it'll take a little while to get the 'who has the game,' who is still interested, etc stuff ironed out.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 04:43 PM   #445
Anthony
Banned

i'm in, and hopefully the guy who claimed Miami isn't or else i will have to eliminate or castrate him.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:10 PM   #446
WVUFAN
College Starter

Openings?

I PM'ed Cartman about this, but I thought I'd post it here as well:

Since someone already took West Virginia and Marshall, I'll take Cincinatti. Gotta stay loyal to the Big East. :-)
WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:20 PM   #447
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Well, I guess I am out. The final demo would not run on my computer, and I do not want to spend the money on a product I cannot try, or even know if the full version would work.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #448
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
I PM'ed Cartman about this, but I thought I'd post it here as well:

Since someone already took West Virginia and Marshall, I'll take Cincinatti. Gotta stay loyal to the Big East. :-)

Better get that city spelling down.
Old 12-09-2005, 05:32 PM   #449
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I'd like to get in on this...

I see that Rice is claimed... Rice would be the only team I really have any attachment to (other than GaTech, of course)... if bhlloy had no preference I'd love to have them, but if not, I'll sign up for Mississippi State!
Old 12-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #450
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
I'd like to get in on this...

I see that Rice is claimed... Rice would be the only team I really have any attachment to (other than GaTech, of course)... if bhlloy had no preference I'd love to have them, but if not, I'll sign up for Mississippi State!

You know what... just sign me up for MissSt.

I assume there will be a "2nd Phase" of sign-ups where we could move teams before actually starting, as I'm sure not everyone that initially signed up will be in the league??