Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #4301
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
We've just endured eight utterly disgraceful & embarassing years of batshit insanity. It was ALREADY a "disgusting place to live" ... at least now there's SOME occasional semblance of sanity.

Fucking deal with it buttercups.

Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled.png (370.0 KB, 200 views)
Old 05-25-2017, 01:03 PM   #4302
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I thought that one of the only benefits of Hildawg losing would be that at least we wouldn't have to hear about 4-8 more years of clinton conspiracy theories. I guess i was wrong.

No, it was so we wouldn't have to endure years and years of congressional investigations.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #4303
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Interestingly: Buttercups usually flower in the spring, but flowers may be found throughout the summer, especially where the plants are growing as opportunistic colonizers, as in the case of garden weeds.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #4304
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Trump's travel ban goes down in flames.

Again. (this time full 4th circuit court of appeals 10-3)
Old 05-25-2017, 02:27 PM   #4305
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Dear Donald,

The amount of money spent by NATO allies on defense has no bearing on how much the United States spends on defense. These aren't club dues.

Thank you.

It's a shame that the middle of that speech totally ruined what was a good beginning and end of that speech. Given what just happened in England, it was the wrong time to be chiding the other members of NATO about how much money they pay for its defense. Do it privately if you must and remember that these countries while democracies, and all run differently than the US and have different viewpoints on national security.

And all NATO members agreed that by 2024 they would reach that "magical" 2% contribution. That's seven years away. And no they are not going to pay the US that money anyway.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #4306
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

Oh, we are.

I mean, not in the way you mean by just bending over and letting y'all pretend that what you want is either good or normal or consistent with American values.

But by fighting. And voting. And educating. And refusing to let this aberration seem normal.

I admit to being caught by surprise that y'all meant it when you said you'd rather burn the country down than let liberals have a voice in it. But it turns out y'all were dead serious.

And so I am dealing with it. Because this is a great country. And I love it. And I won't stand by while y'all try to burn it down.

I'm going to fucking deal with it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #4307
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Yup. I hope it sticks in Jon's craw that they had everything, but once and for all time couldn't get it done, because guess what? You may be part of the majority, but you are a minority of the majority.

Or, as the bard would put it..

And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #4308
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
It's a shame that the middle of that speech totally ruined what was a good beginning and end of that speech. Given what just happened in England, it was the wrong time to be chiding the other members of NATO about how much money they pay for its defense. Do it privately if you must and remember that these countries while democracies, and all run differently than the US and have different viewpoints on national security.

And all NATO members agreed that by 2024 they would reach that "magical" 2% contribution. That's seven years away. And no they are not going to pay the US that money anyway.

He could also have said the U.S. is committed to Article 5 defense of all NATO members, but instead he left that out.

If only he'd praise our NATO allies the way he praises Duterte or Sisi.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #4309
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Oh, we are.

I mean, not in the way you mean by just bending over and letting y'all pretend that what you want is either good or normal or consistent with American values.

But by fighting. And voting. And educating. And refusing to let this aberration seem normal.

I admit to being caught by surprise that y'all meant it when you said you'd rather burn the country down than let liberals have a voice in it. But it turns out y'all were dead serious.

And so I am dealing with it. Because this is a great country. And I love it. And I won't stand by while y'all try to burn it down.

I'm going to fucking deal with it.

*standing ovation*
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #4310
Radii
Head Coach

Trump blurts out classified info again, worrying Pentagon officials | MSNBC

Trump tells foreign leader where we have two of our nuclear subs.

Not to mention the unprompted congratulations given to Duerte for his handling of the drug war in the Philippines. I suppose at this point I woudln't be surprised if Trump doesn't actually know what's happening there, or if he honestly thinks shooting drug suspects is a an effective way of handling things and wishes we'd do that here. Both are appaling and unforgivable though.

Add to this another court striking down the Travel Ban as referenced in an earlier post, and this amazing little clip of Trump shoving a fellow world leader out of the way to get into the front of the group:

Imgur

All of this is nothing compared to the news coming out every single day last week, but its just overwhelming how there is something new literally every single day that just feels unconscionable from this president and his administration.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:55 PM   #4311
bronconick
College Starter

They're (Hannity & company) all going to end up at the new Right wing "news" channel run by Sinclair.

Last edited by bronconick : 05-25-2017 at 04:06 PM.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #4312
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

All of this is nothing compared to the news coming out every single day last week, but its just overwhelming how there is something new literally every single day that just feels unconscionable from this president and his administration.

Look, this is nothing new. The roles were reversed under Obama when things were done every single day that were unconscionable to the people who elected the current administration. The only difference is that today's outrages are things like physically assaulting people, shoving world leaders, handing classified intelligence to rival nations, and lauding dictators, while the sins of the last administration were things like making kids eat vegetables, keeping air free of pollutants, and penalizing businesses for not keeping records of on-the-job injuries and deaths.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:00 PM   #4313
tarcone
Coordinator

Biggest waste of a possible great policy is when the Obamas caved to the big corporations on their school lunch program. It started out right. Like you said, getting kids to eat veggies. But when Big Food stepped in, it suddenly shifted to an exercise program.
Pizza is considered a vegetable under the revamped policy. Because it has tomato sauce.

Lets not think that the previous admin was so holy and upstanding. It bowed to the big corps like every other president in the last 50 (more?) years.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:48 PM   #4314
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Biggest waste of a possible great policy is when the Obamas caved to the big corporations on their school lunch program. It started out right. Like you said, getting kids to eat veggies. But when Big Food stepped in, it suddenly shifted to an exercise program.
Pizza is considered a vegetable under the revamped policy. Because it has tomato sauce.

Lets not think that the previous admin was so holy and upstanding. It bowed to the big corps like every other president in the last 50 (more?) years.

Comparing apples to knuckledusters.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:01 PM   #4315
molson
General Manager

I miss when our government was controlled by U.S. corporations instead of Russia.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #4316
tarcone
Coordinator

No, Im tired of the rose colored glasses everyone of you look through at the previous admin.

He wasnt as great as you think. And as history unfolds, it will be shown.

You are upset that you lost. And this guy is a fool. But he spoke what people wanted to hear. Outside of the big cities, that is. So now everything he does is sh*t compared to Obama.

But Obama was not that good a president. But he was yours. And you are owning his presidency as the greatest thing since the last Dem president.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:07 PM   #4317
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

But you chose to make school lunches and pizza classifications your central example?

Last edited by jeff061 : 05-25-2017 at 06:08 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:15 PM   #4318
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yes, it's all partisan politics, even internationally I guess.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #4319
tarcone
Coordinator

Yeah. Because it was something that would have changed our society for the better. And would have changed the future of our country. But the admin bowed down and rolled over.

So, yes, I did use this as an example.

This is the first time in the history of the world that the younger generation will have a shorter life expectancy then the previous generation. Obesity has become the #1 preventable cause of disease. Taking over for tobacco. Type 2 diabetes cases are skyrocketing and it is preventable.

Processed food and sugars should be one of the biggest concerns for our future. And Michele Obama was going for it. She was going after food. Then Big Food stepped in.

So, yeah, I am going after them for that. And yeah, it does have implications internationally.

Old 05-25-2017, 06:38 PM   #4320
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Can we finally grow up and get rid of the partisan politics? That is for neanderthals.

Obama was far from great but this bozo is so criminally incompetent that it would make merely awful look like the second coming of Washington.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:39 PM   #4321
sabotai
General Manager

FWIW, The USDA wanted to increase the amount of tomato paste needed to count as a serving, making it so a slice of pizza wouldn't have enough to count. Republicans fought to keep the standard for tomato paste.

Republican lawmakers classified pizza as a vegetable for school lunches, Democrats say | PolitiFact

Quote:
You may have heard the uproar by now: "Pizza is not a vegetable!"

Democrats used the rallying cry in a mass e-mail Nov. 17, 2011, alerting partisans that, "House Republicans are ramming through legislation this week to classify pizza as a 'vegetable' for the purpose of school lunches."

We wondered: Pizza as a vegetable? We had heard rumblings on social networks about magical pizza seeds and pizza gardens — all in response to Congress' action — and we had to know. Was it true?

Quote:
Fewer vegetables for kids may not be exactly a win for America. But did House Republicans try "to classify pizza as a 'vegetable' for the purpose of school lunches"? They did fight for the classification for the sauce on the pizza and blocked a move by the Obama administration to boost the amount of tomato paste needed to count as a serving of vegetables. But they didn't try to classify "pizza" as a vegetable. And even the amount of tomato paste required, just two tablespoons, packs nearly the nutritional punch of a half-cup of other foods we consider healthy. That's a pretty important detail to omit. We call the Democrats' claim Half True.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:43 PM   #4322
lungs
Pro Rookie

Have school lunches gotten any better since I was in school? They were pretty much inedible in my day too (1990's). The lunch ladies, bless their souls, couldn't work miracles with some of that crap they had to work with.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 06:48 PM   #4323
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Processed food and sugars should be one of the biggest concerns for our future. And Michele Obama was going for it. She was going after food. Then Big Food stepped in.

I'm totally fine with this. This is a policy issue. I'm totally ok with differeneces on policy, or sticking points on policy. I'm fine with the fact that the issues I care about that cause me to vote D most of the time are different than the issues you care about that lead you to vote however you vote when its different than me. This is all cool stuff.

I'm not fine with the ideas that Obama was a secret muslim kenyan who never should have been allowed to run. With the blatant lies that the far right chose to latch onto as scare tactics to increase the partisan divide. I'm not ok with vague statements about how Obama was intentionally destroying our nation without anything to point at as fact for that when shown items that might indicate that things are actually okay.

I'm also not fine with the response to stories about:

-- countless members of the trump team lying about meetings with russia
-- lies about income from russian state sources or turkish sources
-- firings that have ACTUALLY HAPPENED because of lies told about connections with russia
-- stories about attempts to impede active investigations
-- firing people who are investigating you
-- the President of the United States telling foreign adversaries national security secrets

being SETH RICH SETH RICH SETH RICH.

I'm a little confused at the buildup of all those things leading to a reply of "obama wasn't perfect either" and pointing to a school lunch program that should have been better, but, at least its an actual policy point. I'll take it.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:50 PM   #4324
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tried our school lunch certified pizza. It's absolutely trash.

(The regular one is too, but still)
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #4325
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Have school lunches gotten any better since I was in school? They were pretty much inedible in my day too (1990's). The lunch ladies, bless their souls, couldn't work miracles with some of that crap they had to work with.

My kids' school got a "burrito bar" this year. Son loves it. Basically $2 Chipotle.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #4326
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm totally fine with this. This is a policy issue. I'm totally ok with differeneces on policy, or sticking points on policy. I'm fine with the fact that the issues I care about that cause me to vote D most of the time are different than the issues you care about that lead you to vote however you vote when its different than me. This is all cool stuff.

I'm not fine with the ideas that Obama was a secret muslim kenyan who never should have been allowed to run. With the blatant lies that the far right chose to latch onto as scare tactics to increase the partisan divide. I'm not ok with vague statements about how Obama was intentionally destroying our nation without anything to point at as fact for that when shown items that might indicate that things are actually okay.

I'm also not fine with the response to stories about:

-- countless members of the trump team lying about meetings with russia
-- lies about income from russian state sources or turkish sources
-- firings that have ACTUALLY HAPPENED because of lies told about connections with russia
-- stories about attempts to impede active investigations
-- firing people who are investigating you
-- the President of the United States telling foreign adversaries national security secrets

being SETH RICH SETH RICH SETH RICH.

I'm a little confused at the buildup of all those things leading to a reply of "obama wasn't perfect either" and pointing to a school lunch program that should have been better, but, at least its an actual policy point. I'll take it.

SO you oppose Obama Truthers who claim he was a Kenyan, Muslim, and other assorted lies.

And also oppose any negative response to Trump truthers.

Got it.

So You are a big meanieweenie head. And I am going to fight if you call em a big meanieweenie head.

Glad kindergarten is back
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:03 PM   #4327
digamma
Torchbearer

Huh?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:39 PM   #4328
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Did I miss anyone commenting on the Manchester investigation details leaking from U.S. intelligence to the press?

I am pretty outraged at that myself, and I am torn between whether I am more pissed at the intelligence committee being so petty as to hurt a terrorist bombing investigation for likely political reasons, or Trump for his stupid war on his own intelligence services that likely resulted in this even being possible.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 09:05 PM   #4329
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
So You are a big meanieweenie head. And I am going to fight if you call em a big meanieweenie head.

Glad kindergarten is back

Alex Jones stole my blankie at naptime once. Ive hated all Republicans ever since. Stupid meanies.

(i seriously have no idea how to reasonably respond to this.)
Old 05-25-2017, 09:52 PM   #4330
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Looks good for Gianforte to win.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:56 PM   #4331
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

He fought against what you're saying. Republican Congress is the one that blocked it.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:04 PM   #4332
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Alex Jones stole my blankie at naptime once. Ive hated all Republicans ever since. Stupid meanies.

'Tis okay. It's been dismissed.

Quote:
But when you cant make an argument that doesnt includes insult then I dismiss you as either incapable of comprehending logic and reason, or incapable of separating emotion and intellect.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:26 AM   #4333
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Huh?

I think he's saying believing Obama was a Muslim born in Kenya is the same as believing that Michael Flynn was working for Russia and Turkey without proper disclosure, Jeff Sessions was in contact with Russians during Trumps campaign, or that Trump hoped firing Comey would help bring about an end to the FBI's investigation of members of his campaign. Because both sides.

Last edited by mckerney : 05-26-2017 at 12:29 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:06 AM   #4334
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
I think he's saying believing Obama was a Muslim born in Kenya is the same as believing that Michael Flynn was working for Russia and Turkey without proper disclosure, Jeff Sessions was in contact with Russians during Trumps campaign, or that Trump hoped firing Comey would help bring about an end to the FBI's investigation of members of his campaign. Because both sides.

But Benghazi! Emails! Vince Foster!

Clearly this mole hill of Russia that the left is choosing to die on is nothing but hypocritical mass histrionics. They're just trying to get even, but they've chosen a real stinker of a made up story. This wouldn't have happened if Clinton had won. All those people suspected would be dead already.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:36 AM   #4335
Butter
Coordinator

What irks me most of all is that now we can't have any news reported independently without people saying that it is made up.

The war on facts has gone so far as to having whole segments of the population being unable to agree on literally basic facts. It is so frustrating to watch.
Old 05-26-2017, 07:13 AM   #4336
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
What irks me most of all is that now we can't have any news reported independently without people saying that it is made up.

The war on facts has gone so far as to having whole segments of the population being unable to agree on literally basic facts. It is so frustrating to watch.

THIS

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:18 AM   #4337
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

"You have to take out their families."
Old 05-26-2017, 07:25 AM   #4338
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

Did you steal that from Neil DeGrasse Tyson? I'm pretty sure that's what his movie was all about on Earth Day.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:31 AM   #4339
QuikSand
lolzcat

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #4340
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post

"You have to take out their families."

Yeah, this'll deter them.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #4341
Kodos
Resident Alien

Trump has a new campaign theme song!
Attached Images
File Type: png Shove.png (427.2 KB, 91 views)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:39 AM   #4342
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

Gianforte was obviously wrong, but by itself, his violence isn't that concerning. My bigger problem is the army of prominent defenders that have come out with some variation of, "he deserved it." The rot runs deep.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:41 AM   #4343
Thomkal
Head Coach

Apparently, Trump just doesn't like a lot of what Germany has to offer:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ort/102162310/
Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #4344
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This from the Economist on the lack of competition in the U.S. is good.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefi...uch-good-thing
Old 05-26-2017, 10:09 AM   #4345
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Sorry, thumbed that out on my phone and apparently a complete paragraph got deleted.

My point was, and I dont like Trump..made that abundantly clear here. I have said that in my entire lifetime I think Trump was the 3rd worst Presidential Candidate I'd ever seen. I put such liberals as Michael Dukakis, Bill Clinton, and even Al Gore ahead of him in terms of quality Presidential candidate.

But the vitriol and incessant pounding of looking for ways to remove the elected President for office, is childish. I said it was stupid when certain folks continued to bang the drum that Obama was a Kenyan and Muslim secret operative etc. That's just childish games.

I lost so I am going to shit talk the winner.

Anyone who has ever been successful in sales has learned long ago that when you lose a pitch you gracefully acknowledge the competitor and no that you will get your second shot. To rail and denigrate the victor only reveals your character and hurts future efforts. But that's just my opinion.

There is a reason I hate political threads. In the history of FOFC we have successfully converted exactly zero people on exactly zero issues.

I am a proud conservative, but dont blindly follow a partisan flag. I didnt nash my teeth and scream the horror of the AHCA, despite it totally changing my life and not for the better. I accepted that it was apparently what the people of this country thought they wanted. Frankly the entire process just depresses me.

Since it is obvious my view isn't shared by many here and isnt valued amongst those who oppose it, I will simply save my keyboard the life cycle strokes and bow out.

Carry on.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:33 AM   #4346
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
But the vitriol and incessant pounding of looking for ways to remove the elected President for office, is childish. I said it was stupid when certain folks continued to bang the drum that Obama was a Kenyan and Muslim secret operative etc. That's just childish games.

Do you honestly believe that the population of people who called Obama a Muslim secret operative, and the population of people who have issues with Trump's potential ties to Putin, his staff's lying about connections, his apparent lack of caring about those things, his firing of Comey to remove the pressure, etc...are the same?

If the answer in your opinion is yes, that's fine.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #4347
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Do you honestly believe that the population of people who called Obama a Muslim secret operative, and the population of people who have issues with Trump's potential ties to Putin, his staff's lying about connections, his apparent lack of caring about those things, his firing of Comey to remove the pressure, etc...are the same?

If the answer in your opinion is yes, that's fine.

Do I believe they are the same people? No.
Do I believe they are the numbers? No.
Do I believe they are each equally delusional? Yes.

Frankly there are (many) more Left/Liberal/Democrats in this country than right. So the 10% crazies of the left represent a greater total number than the 10% crazies of the right. Plus the media (in general - Fox being an obvious outlier) has more a left leaning bias so the coverage and proliferation of the message is more wide spread.

Now I want to be sure my point is made. I am not saying in any way that I feel authoritatively that Trump nor any of his "people" have had zero contact/relationship with Putin and that this is all a strawman. I am saying its affect on the election is being massively overblown and is NOT the reason he in the POTUS.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #4348
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

The fact that a republican led house, a republican led senate, and a Trump appointed Deputy Attorney General all have looked at whatever intelligence is available from the FBI and have decided to open investigations makes this different. This isn't liberal conspiracy fake news. Say what you want about any media reports, there are actual investigations into a republican campaign despite republicans controlling the entire government.

If a person reads the republican healthcare bill and the response is IMPEACH TRUMP, I agree with you. Bush Jr never did anything impeachable, he just did some stuff I didn't like. I really strongly dislike many of Trump's policies that he wants to enact. None of them make him impeachable.

But an actual investigation into actual illegal acts to determine if anything happened that is literally treasonous... that's a whole different ballgame.

I'm well aware that if Trump gets removed from office that, from a policy perspective, things will actually be worse for me and my beliefs. Mike Pence, Paul Ryan, Orin Hatch... whoever ends up president, may actually successfully unite the republican party and enact legislation I find reprehensible. Impeaching Trump wouldn't feel like a partisan or democratic victory. If the active investigations into the Trump campaign find any impeachable offenses, then removing the man from office would be justice for the entire nation.

Quote:
There is a reason I hate political threads. In the history of FOFC we have successfully converted exactly zero people on exactly zero issues.

I can't disagree with that, and I have taken long breaks from the political threads at times here over the years.

Last edited by Radii : 05-26-2017 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:16 AM   #4349
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Frankly there are (many) more Left/Liberal/Democrats in this country than right.

From Gallup in January of 2017:

Quote:
36% of Americans now conservative, 25% liberal

For as long as I can remember self-identified conservatives have outnumbered liberals by a significant margin.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:18 AM   #4350
Kodos
Resident Alien

It may or may not be why he was elected, but in either case, aren't you troubled by numerous members of his upper-level staff lying about meeting with Russians (our number one enemy) and possibly colluding with them during the election? I can't imagine the outrage on the right if either Obama or Hillary had these exact same accusations against them.