Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-01-2017, 11:39 AM   #4301
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I love little time wasting puzzle/strategic games - Minos Strategos - fun little board/card game, kind of like chess in a way.. for $6 and some change it's an addicting little game.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #4302
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I enjoyed Tales of Zestiria well enough for about 10 hours before losing interest.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #4303
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've got a coupon for 50% of Motorsport Manager if anyone wants it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:11 PM   #4304
tarcone
Coordinator

Ill take it

Thanks

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #4305
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I do as well if anyone else wants one.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:58 PM   #4306
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Most people probably have it as well but I have a 50% off Motorsport Manager coupon if someone wants it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:05 PM   #4307
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone interested in an X-Com 2 key? If so ping me.

Edit: Key given.

Last edited by EagleFan : 02-01-2017 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:42 AM   #4308
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Most people probably have it as well but I have a 50% off Motorsport Manager coupon if someone wants it.

I have one as well if EagleFan's gets taken.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:19 AM   #4309
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

X-Com 2? Me please!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #4310
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If one is still available, I'll take it.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #4311
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
X-Com 2? Me please!

No, sorry. 50% off Motorsport Manager.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 09:19 AM   #4312
scoman
n00b

I have a 50% off Motorsport Manager coupon as well if anyone wants it.
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #4313
mrkilla22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoman View Post
I have a 50% off Motorsport Manager coupon as well if anyone wants it.

I will take it if it's still available. Thanks!
mrkilla22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 11:27 AM   #4314
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Endless Space 2, currently in EA, received update 2 a couple days ago. This is really shaping up to be an excellent 4x game. Wouldn't expect anything less from Amplitude.. but I already like it much better than ES1.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:12 PM   #4315
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If one is still available, I'll take it.

Did you get one?
Old 02-02-2017, 06:22 PM   #4316
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I actually got one through Steam today, so yes!
Old 02-03-2017, 01:13 AM   #4317
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Are you talking about coupons or free games?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:55 AM   #4319
Sporkimata
High School JV

I got the 50 percent motorsport manager coupon too if anyone is interested.
Sporkimata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #4320
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I have the following coupins:

75% off Zolg
33% off VCB: Why City
75% off Mindless Running
66% off Strange Night
33% off Hive
90% off Ultratron
66% off Office Battle

In other news I've gotten myself addicted to the game of Steam Trading Card collection. I don't really sell them for pennies anymore, I just try and collect complete sets just to collect them.

If anyone wants to trade let me know. Or if you'd like to gift any you don't care about also let me know.

But if you have no idea what I'm talking about with Trading Cards I'd be happy to explain how selling cards and trading them works so you can get your own sets and $$.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #4321
tarcone
Coordinator

I would like to know about the trading cards

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #4322
mckerney
Coordinator

Total Warhammer is $12 in the March Humble Monthly.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:10 PM   #4323
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I would like to know about the trading cards

I am sircrimsonfox on Steam if you want to friendly. My avatar is a cartoon version of gandalf's face. Friend me.

But here's the quick and dirty version.

At the top there is a menu on the rightmost with YOUR STEAM NAME. Click that. It pulls down a menu. The bottom selection is INVENTORY. Click that.

You will default be looking at ALL STEAM ITEMS from a pull down menu (as opposed to specific games' items, most of which are not tradable/sellable)

In the boxes you will find every card you've received as well as games you've been gifted and coupons you've gotten. If you click on any card you will see its market value in the lower right corner.

It says "Starting at:"
which is currently the lowest amount it is selling for right now (by other people).

You can turn them into gems. If you get a TON of gems you can buy "booster packs" of cards for any game. BUt that's like 500 for crppy games, 1000+ for good games. Some cards you only get like 5 for though.

To sell click the Sell button. A window pops up, showing the sales chart of THAT CARD over time for the past month. I usually (if selling) hover over the high recent points. Then in the buyer pays field enter that amount. NOtice steam always takes at least a penny fee and the game itself gets a penny at least. So usually you will receive 2 cents (at least) less than the sales price in your steam wallet. You click the button and then you put it up for sale after it stays ON HOLD.

ON HOLD is i guess recent. They are worried at Steam that people's accounts are getting hacked just to steal their worth-a-penny cards so they keep the cards on hold if you try to sell or trade. This hold typically is 2 weeks. A way around this is to download steam onto your smart phone, tell it to use it as an authenticator and connect your account to this app. Then all sales and trade attempts can be CONFIRMED using this app with one button press and then putting something up for sales is instant.

Now let me back up to the inventory page again. Look at one card. Instead of hitting Sell, hit the VIEW IN COMMUNITY MARKET link. It's a link but it just looks like bright white text.
There you will see a more comprehensive look at how many of that card is up for sale and at each price in addition to people that have put in buy requests on the right. Those are people wanting to pay cheap and if someone lists one of those cards for that much it auto sells it to them.

You can put your cards up for sale on this page too.

Go back to inventory page again and click on a card again. The top button on the right is "VIEW BADGE PROGRESS". This is where trading comes into play. The idea is that you want to collect ALL of the cards from one game. Then you can "CRAFT A BADGE". YOu have what is called a STEAM LEVEL. WHich is kind of like a D&D level of a D&D character . In essence it means nothing. But you can potentially get more cards for a higher steam level.

So when you click View Badge Progress. you will see exactly which cards in the set you have. At the top is says how many "DROPS" you have remaining. A drop is basically "receiving a free card into your inventory". You get these card drops simply by playing the game. You will receive about half of the total cards of the set as drops. So if there are 5 total in the set, you will get 3 drops. Someties you get duplicates though. That's why you trade and sell and buy. To collect them all.

So on the badge page you can see how many of your friends have earned this already and scrolling down you will see how many of your friends have the cards you do not have. If you click the arrow button under your friend, a trade window pops up. You basically can click on cards you have for cards they have, confirm and submit, then confirm on your phone app. And voila, you've made a trade offer. They can then counter offer or decline outright. Oftentimes people trade 1 for 1 of the same set but if you trade different sets sometimes people want more especially if you don't know them. Mainly because different sets have different price ranges.

A lot of games cards are worth 5 cents about or 7-8. Then next teir is like 12-15. Then more sought after are in the 20s. I'm not really sure what affects it. Maybe games that come from humble bundle are glutting the market and no one wants them for 5 cent cards. Maybe anime bewbs are worth a lot. THe sakura cards do seem to be worth a lot. Also undertale. Cards in the low teens I'd say are the average. Lately anything I sell I use that money for buying cheaper cards in other sets and then complete those sets while trading for other higher priced ones.

One more lesson. Back on that main menu. If your click your name and then right before INVENTORY is BADGES. Click that. You will see your badge progress for ALL of your games. including how many drops you have left for each. So that tells you what games you need to play.

Now superguru mckerney introduced me to a program called idlemaster which sits there opening and closing all of your games for you just so you can get drops. I don't think Steam cares but I don't know. IT does work tho. However I've liked that getting these drops is forcing me to play all these indie games I've bought but have never played

Positive reinforcement

Also from the INVENTORY btw you have the TRADE offers button. Clicking that shows you all the trades you have made and receeived and the status of each and history. You can make new trade offers from here too. This actually seems the best way to do that.

Also from the top menu choose COMMUNITY and select MARKET.

This takes you to a page that shows you all your current sales listings and buy orders you've submitted and where you can remove them from the market if you choose to. LIke maybe the price has gone up and you want to relist for more. Maybe you've set it too high and no one's biting so you want to lower it. You can also search for ALL THE ITEMS a particular game is selling including cards you may want to buy or other things like backgrounds and emoticons. Oh yeah when you craft a badge, it gives you a random background and emoticon (to use for chat windows) free. You can trade/sell those too after a week of owning them.

ND of lesson.

Happy addiction!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #4324
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Total Warhammer is $12 in the March Humble Monthly.

February's bundle is pretty solid too. I probably wouldn't get to play half of the games, but Steamworld Heist and Project Highrise and Okhlos and Abzu, seems like a solid haul plus next month's Warhammer (which I'll never play).
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:22 AM   #4325
Icy
Pro Starter

Thanks for the info crimson.

So for those like me who dont care at all about the cards, is there a way to sell all them without having to go one by one?

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #4326
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

So for those like me who dont care at all about the cards, is there a way to sell all them without having to go one by one?

Not that I know of. Looks like one by one is the only current way unless I have missed something.

If selling you may get more during one of their sales events; but for newer games their price seems best closer to release.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:53 AM   #4327
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:

I think Enhanced Steam has inventory features to list inventory items on the market for you, though you'll still have to confirm them.

Last edited by mckerney : 02-04-2017 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #4328
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

unofrtunately no. In fact you even have to confirm them all one at a time. And people are pretty ticked at that.

Granted you can always give them all to ME! hehehe
That you can do all at once

But unfortunately...you are stuck listing them each one at a time. If you want quick sales, obviously list them at the lowest price...or a penny lower even. That will ensure they go immediately. And you will receive 2 cents less than you sell it for cause they take out fees. (more if you sell at higher prices) But usually that doesn't come in till about 20 or 30 cents.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:13 PM   #4329
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
unofrtunately no. In fact you even have to confirm them all one at a time. And people are pretty ticked at that.

You should no longer have to confirm each one individually, the mobile app was updated a few months ago so you can select multiple listings to confirm together.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:04 PM   #4330
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

mckerney is like Japan. He is always years ahead of everybody else
Old 02-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #4331
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
mckerney is like Japan. He is always years ahead of everybody else

This is PC gaming, Japan is still years behind everyone else.

why won't they just announce NieR: Automata is coming out on Steam the same day it releases on PS4...
Old 02-04-2017, 02:26 PM   #4332
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
This is PC gaming, Japan is still years behind everyone else.

why won't they just announce NieR: Automata is coming out on Steam the same day it releases on PS4...

lol...okay now you're like the developer of Fez that got Japan fanboys mad at him for saying that exact thing in the Indie game movie
Old 02-04-2017, 02:41 PM   #4333
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
lol...okay now you're like the developer of Fez that got Japan fanboys mad at him for saying that exact thing in the Indie game movie

I'm saying they need to do a better job of releasing games on PC because they make better games than the west does, a bit different than saying Japanese games such.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:34 PM   #4334
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm saying they need to do a better job of releasing games on PC because they make better games than the west does, a bit different than saying Japanese games such.

I do agree with everything Phil said at least in what he specified was the big problem with Japanese/RPG games lately. They coddle and handhold the player too much. There's no learning involved. There's no fun of discovery. Comparing the original Zelda with the latest ones like they did was a perfect example.

And granted we don't have access to all the games Japan makes...well we SHOULD because we buy so much of it anyway...but it does appear that the stuff that WE get from them is so watered down and cutesy lately that it isn't fun. Having most of their stuff be Zelda/Mario doesn't help. They need to make new IPs that's for sure. They certainly make enough creative anime that blows our minds. They should poor that creative sensibility into their games as well
Old 02-04-2017, 04:56 PM   #4335
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
I do agree with everything Phil said at least in what he specified was the big problem with Japanese/RPG games lately. They coddle and handhold the player too much. There's no learning involved. There's no fun of discovery. Comparing the original Zelda with the latest ones like they did was a perfect example.

And granted we don't have access to all the games Japan makes...well we SHOULD because we buy so much of it anyway...but it does appear that the stuff that WE get from them is so watered down and cutesy lately that it isn't fun. Having most of their stuff be Zelda/Mario doesn't help. They need to make new IPs that's for sure. They certainly make enough creative anime that blows our minds. They should poor that creative sensibility into their games as well

They do put the same creative sensibility into games, it's just that if you think most of the Japanese game industry is Zelda and Mario then you're not paying attention to it. You may as well say that the Western game industry needs some new IPs because most of their stuff is Call of Duty and Battlefield and it didn't help that it's all watered down grim shooters.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:03 AM   #4336
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I wound up using mine, but if someone has an extra Motorsport Manager 50%, I have a friend who would greatly appreciate it.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:45 AM   #4337
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I wound up using mine, but if someone has an extra Motorsport Manager 50%, I have a friend who would greatly appreciate it.

When u traded cards with him I noticed pumpy had one. Dunno if he's still here or if he's gonna use it. You could ping him on steam
Old 02-06-2017, 10:57 AM   #4338
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Trade offer sent.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #4339
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Civilization VI is weird for me - I love it every single time I play it. But I put it down within a half hour to an hour every time, and I cannot be bothered to stick with a game I have previously played when I pick it back up again. Odd for the game franchise that I've put more hours into than anything other than an MMO.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #4340
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Much appreciated. And my buddy sends his regards as well.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:25 PM   #4341
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Civilization VI is weird for me - I love it every single time I play it. But I put it down within a half hour to an hour every time, and I cannot be bothered to stick with a game I have previously played when I pick it back up again. Odd for the game franchise that I've put more hours into than anything other than an MMO.

I'm right there with you. I tend to play it a little longer each time, a few to several hours, but every time I think about going back to one of my previous games, I have no real interest. I can't quite figure out why. Hopefully, between patches and expansions/DLC this will get fixed.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #4342
whomario
Pro Starter

If someone explains veeeeery slowly how to gift those thing i have a 50% off Motorsport Manager as well. Game is probably right up my alley and wanted to get it for a while (and missing it in the winter sale), but going abroad for 5 months without my good laptop, the one i am taking could maybe play it but definitely not smoothly.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #4343
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I'm right there with you. I tend to play it a little longer each time, a few to several hours, but every time I think about going back to one of my previous games, I have no real interest. I can't quite figure out why. Hopefully, between patches and expansions/DLC this will get fixed.

Yeah, I have no idea why I do this.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:54 PM   #4344
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
If someone explains veeeeery slowly how to gift those thing i have a 50% off Motorsport Manager as well. Game is probably right up my alley and wanted to get it for a while (and missing it in the winter sale), but going abroad for 5 months without my good laptop, the one i am taking could maybe play it but definitely not smoothly.

Open Steam. Sign in. At the top, hover over your profile name (far right menu choice). A menu appears. (if it doesn't, click it) hover down in that menu to the bottom selection-> INVENTORY

In the upper right corner you will see a blue button called TRADE OFFERS. Click that.

Then another button in the upper right: NEW TRADE OFFER. Click that.

A window pops up showing you all of your friends. Click the friend you want to give the coupon to.

A trade window will open up between you and your friend. Hover over the coupon you want to trade. It should be on that page as coupons are usually listed first. Double click that coupon. It will pop over to the right in the upper right where it says YOUR ITEMS. Below that is a bar that reads CLICK HERE TO TRADE CONTENTS. Click that blue bar. A warning message pops up which reads:

Warning: You have not selected any items for to offer in exchange for yours. If accepts this trade, you will lose the items you've offered but will not receive any items.
Please confirm that you are giving your items away, and expect nothing in return.

There are two buttons. A green one that reads YES THIS IS A GIFT and a blue one that reads CANCEL. Click the green one that reads YES THIS IS A GIFT.

There is now a lit up green button in the lower right: MAKE OFFER. Click that button.

It will then pop up a window saying ADDITIONAL CONFIRMATION NEEDED.

CLICK OKAY.

At this point you have to confirm your trade with an authenticator. If you don't the trade will take 2 weeks where your coupon wioll sit on hold. To authenticate you need to download the steam app into your smart phone, then in the upper left there is a menu button. Pull that down and hit confirmations. Then CONFIRM your trade. THere might be an extra step about using Steam Guard to authenticate your phone as well with some email steps too.

I HAVE heard you can also authenticate/confirm trades via email but I don't know exactly what that entails. After you make the trade offer it might send you an email with instructions on doing so. And maybe those steps will bypass the ONHOLD system. Not sure. I think it will still take at least 24 hours regardless since you would be new to the authentication system.

Granted you could always just use the coupon yourself and just play the game in a few months when you get a chance to.
Old 02-07-2017, 12:43 PM   #4345
Ramzavail
College Starter

Motorsport Manager is awesome.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #4346
Ramzavail
College Starter

Anybody have any experience with Greyhound Manager 2? The reboot just became available on Steam at <$10. Seemed interesting.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #4347
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
Anybody have any experience with Greyhound Manager 2? The reboot just became available on Steam at <$10. Seemed interesting.

No, but it looks pretty good.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #4348
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I love it when I realize what I have in my steam library. I am fully aware that I have bought so many indie games from steam during sales and humble bundles that I don't know what I have. I just looked down and saw that I had FEZ! One of the games featured in Indie Game: The Movie

SCORE!
Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #4349
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post

Ping Honolulu Blue, he had a good dynasty back in the day with the original version.

I assume they are related since I haven't been inundated with news of Greyhound manager games recently or really ever.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:05 PM   #4350
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Ping Honolulu Blue, he had a good dynasty back in the day with the original version.

I assume they are related since I haven't been inundated with news of Greyhound manager games recently or really ever.

Nice purposeful omission of the underscore there, PM.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote