Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2011, 03:17 PM   #4251
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Come on DT, the stalls thread exists...this is clearly not an "undeserving of its own thread".

LMAO...I suppose so. But I knew this thread was on the main page and GAK...I feel like I'm going to be sick now.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:44 PM   #4252
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I like that there is an in studio analyst who is a former competitor for the National Spelling Bee.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #4253
Ironhead
College Prospect

Our neighbor was having a fence installed today and they busted our inground sprinkler system. Bastards!
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 07:53 PM   #4254
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Read at your own risk:

Print - The Survivor - Esquire
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #4255
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Read at your own risk:

I followed this from the start and it's maybe one of the most depressing things I've ever encountered. I don't know how any human being is capable of moving on. I don't know how any human beings could be capable of such evil.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #4256
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I followed this from the start and it's maybe one of the most depressing things I've ever encountered. I don't know how any human being is capable of moving on. I don't know how any human beings could be capable of such evil.

I saw this guy on the talk show circuit somewhere in the past year, Oprah maybe. I skimmed enough of the article to know it was the same guy, my take is about what it was that day (when I didn't make it through the entire show): I can't comprehend how he still functions at any level, it's simply beyond my ability to understand.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #4257
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Read at your own risk:

I haven't read the article yet but I'm followed the story, and this guy's plight and how he's handling it is very moving. I do hope that he has friends/family around him that can make him laugh/have some beers/watch the game, etc. 24/7 condolensences, while thoughtful and probably helpful in the beginning must be themselves a lot to bear after a while, as far as them keeping you away from trying to have a life. Somebody gave me this advice once that what people who have lost something, or are terminally ill, etc - lifting their spirits and bringing back into normalcy is just as important/helpful than saying how sorry you are for what they're going through.

Last edited by molson : 06-02-2011 at 08:30 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #4258
MJ4H
Coordinator

why the hell doesn't sally go somewhere besides the sea shore to sell her sea shells? i mean that's probably the worst place to sell them.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #4259
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I love Doug English...

On the twitter campaign to name the Lions' D-Line:

“It’s a great honor to be named,” English said. “But if it’s up to me, I’d like to see these guys in Detroit get a name the old-fashioned way, and that’s by just pounding some people into the dirt and just waiting to hear what they have to say about it, and something will stick.”

“The bottom line is these guys, if they’re going to play as well as I anticipate they’re going to -- and, obviously, they’re getting some really good coaching as well -- so if that all equates to a great defensive line then the name’s going to come naturally,” English said. “Some guy’s going to make a comment after a game, or an opposing player’s going to say, ‘Gosh, it was like a blank,’ and suddenly, they’re going to have a name.

“I think for some has-been like me to show up and say, ‘Oh, let’s call them this or that,’ I don’t think it would do them justice. I know it’s going to happen. They’re going to play great, and an opposing player or an opposing coach, somebody is going to just say something one day that’s just going to stick, and then it will emerge.”
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #4260
SplitPersonality1
College Benchwarmer

diabetes = stupid
SplitPersonality1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:05 PM   #4261
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Pretty cool to spend the evening playing with a baby for the first time in about a decade or so ... especially a baby that you have no diaper responsibilities for
Old 06-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #4262
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Pretty cool to spend the evening playing with a baby for the first time in about a decade or so ... especially a baby that you have no diaper responsibilities for

Wanna come over?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #4263
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wanna come over?

Quote:

Nope
Old 06-05-2011, 01:06 AM   #4264
molson
General Manager

Talked to my grandmother on her 91st birthday today - she says that the last 3 years, since she moved to Savannah, Georgia, are the best of her life (after living in suburban CT her whole life). She can't say enough about the people, the culture, the respect for old people (she's involved with a church down there that looks out for her). So thanks Savannah, I kind of wish I could retire down there right now, it sounds nice.

Last edited by molson : 06-05-2011 at 01:06 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #4265
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Talked to my grandmother on her 91st birthday today - she says that the last 3 years, since she moved to Savannah, Georgia, are the best of her life (after living in suburban CT her whole life). She can't say enough about the people, the culture, the respect for old people (she's involved with a church down there that looks out for her). So thanks Savannah, I kind of wish I could retire down there right now, it sounds nice.

My impression of Savannah over numerous visits is that as long as you avoid a few questionable areas after dark it's an above average place. A little more traditionally Southern in some of the ways she talks about that some other similar sized cities I think, a little slower pace than what I find now. More genteel if you will.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #4266
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Talked to my grandmother on her 91st birthday today - she says that the last 3 years are the best of her life

I expect my wife to say the same thing 3 years after I die.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #4267
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Taking a percocet on an empty stomach was a bad idea.
Taking a second one after eating brunch was also a bad idea...when there was no more food forthcoming until just now with dinner.

Ugh I feel icky.
/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:04 AM   #4268
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So, conference call last night.

We are going to do a reduction in force starting July 1st. We don't know who or how many yet. We are reducing the markets we are going to by 20% due to economic issues. Because of that, those who are not riffed will have July and August off, unless you choose to work at the office, inside sales. (Office is in Utah, I am in Buffalo)

Oh, and they expect us all to do our best for the rest of June...

Fuck.....
Old 06-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #4269
Logan
Head Coach

A friend got me to drunkenly sign up to audition for Who Wants To Be a Millionaire and we have them tonight. Apparently it starts with an hour long test, and if you pass it (10% do), you then have an interview with producers to see if you'd be good on TV. If you get through that, you get put in a pool where you could be called to be on the show at any point in the next two years.

If anyone in the NYC area is interested, I filled out the application late Thursday night and had my appointment confirmed by noon Friday. So I don't exactly think they're turning people away in droves.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #4270
stevew
Hall Of Famer

200 bucks for the power company to cut the power off at the pole so i can change a gutter downspout and switch out a main breaker. I understand that the utilities need to make as much money as humanly possible, but that is a crazy sum of cash for about 20 minutes worth of their work. Total monopoly they got going on.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #4271
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
200 bucks for the power company to cut the power off at the pole so i can change a gutter downspout and switch out a main breaker. I understand that the utilities need to make as much money as humanly possible, but that is a crazy sum of cash for about 20 minutes worth of their work. Total monopoly they got going on.

You should go out there and do it yourself then...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #4272
Logan
Head Coach

If anyone was following Congressman Anthony Weiner's Twitter scandal...he just admitted to everything in a press conference.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #4273
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

The chick who does the Delta safety video is hot.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #4274
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So, conference call last night.

We are going to do a reduction in force starting July 1st. We don't know who or how many yet. We are reducing the markets we are going to by 20% due to economic issues. Because of that, those who are not riffed will have July and August off, unless you choose to work at the office, inside sales. (Office is in Utah, I am in Buffalo)

Oh, and they expect us all to do our best for the rest of June...

Fuck.....

Fuck man. You've had a lot of bad luck job-wise over the past couple years - hope this works out okay for you!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #4275
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
If anyone was following Congressman Anthony Weiner's Twitter scandal...he just admitted to everything in a press conference.

And the chick they had on Nightline who "sexted" with him is pretty hot. Good job Congressman Weiner!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 12:33 AM   #4276
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Fuck man. You've had a lot of bad luck job-wise over the past couple years - hope this works out okay for you!

Besides the cross country move and having business partners essentially shit on my chest, I have been with the same company for 4 years. It's caused grief with everything in my life, including my failed marriage....so I am hoping for the RIF.....I get unemployment and my 401K from them....I won't bitch..
Old 06-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #4277
bhlloy
Coordinator

It always strikes me as wierd that the guy who starred as the QB in playmakers is now doing crappy commercials for bug spray. Guess he has the NFL and ESPN's lack of backbone for that particular career downturn
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:35 AM   #4278
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the eSurance commercials are consistently the worst commercials on TV. just all around, flat out, bad.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #4279
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
the eSurance commercials are consistently the worst commercials on TV. just all around, flat out, bad.
i dont understand how everything you say makes no sense
Old 06-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #4280
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Besides the cross country move and having business partners essentially shit on my chest, I have been with the same company for 4 years. It's caused grief with everything in my life, including my failed marriage....so I am hoping for the RIF.....I get unemployment and my 401K from them....I won't bitch..

Well that'd be the definition of working out well then.

Is there a way you could ask for it??
Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #4281
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
It always strikes me as wierd that the guy who starred as the QB in playmakers is now doing crappy commercials for bug spray. Guess he has the NFL and ESPN's lack of backbone for that particular career downturn

Driving home last night, I heard what sounded like some sort of male enhancement commercial on satellite radio being voiced by Peter Scolari.

But he doesn't care what we say anymore, this is his life.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:29 AM   #4282
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

The chick with the ponytails bothers me to almost an irrational level. I don't get that look at all - is she supposed to look 12? Very unsettling. I don't expect my insurance company to be represented by pre-pubescent girls.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:12 AM   #4283
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Driving home last night, I heard what sounded like some sort of male enhancement commercial on satellite radio being voiced by Peter Scolari.

But he doesn't care what we say anymore, this is his life.
You ever think Tom Hanks gets calls from Peter Scolari that sound like "Can you get me a role? Any role? I'll play Hooker #3 if you need me to. I don't care. Help me!"?
Old 06-07-2011, 10:37 AM   #4284
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Haaaaaaaaaarvard
Old 06-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #4285
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Random thought: Last Friday, three co-workers asked me to make over-the-top orgasm noises in the cafeteria. I initially declined, but they talked me into it. I don't regret it at all.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:08 AM   #4286
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm naming my first kid Pumpy Tudors.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:09 AM   #4287
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Haaaaaaaaaarvard

Hmm? Is that where you're coming to law school?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:21 AM   #4288
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Hmm? Is that where you're coming to law school?

Nah although the school I am attending has a great reputation. If I end up in the top 10% I will definitely see if I can transfer into Haaaaaaaarvard or Yale.

Edit: I just realized what you wrote. It would be nice to live in the Northeast but I will settle for the Mid-Atlantic/South for now. You know what school is awesome but was just to cold for me? Minnesota.

Last edited by Noop : 06-07-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Noop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #4289
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I hate my doctors office. A few weeks ago I realized I had an infected ingrown big toe. I went to their office that does special visits on Saturdays for emergency type stuff. Doctor prescribed my anti biotics and told me to soak it. Infection went away but is now back. Call my doctor to get another prescription and she wont call it in until she sees me. Problem is I can't get in to see her until next week, my schedule makes it impossible. Now what gets really annoying is they have another office in the practice with evening hours I could go to. Problem is that office won't see me because my they aren't my primary care doctor, even though they are in the same practice.

So I am going to have to either go to urgent care or hobble around with a toe that continues to have an infection grow, because my own practice won't let me go to another office within their practice.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:59 PM   #4290
JediKooter
Coordinator

Get in there with some toe nail clippers, needle nose pliers and some rubbing alcohol and fix that bad boy yourself.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 06-07-2011, 02:09 PM   #4291
spleen1015
Coordinator

I am looking forward to 4pm. Get to go home, download Terraria and fire it up.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #4292
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Get in there with some toe nail clippers, needle nose pliers and some rubbing alcohol and fix that bad boy yourself.

How do you think it got infected in the first place?
Old 06-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #4293
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I could deal with it except I am in a wedding this weekend and really don't want to be hobbling down the aisle
Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #4294
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
dola- I could deal with it except I am in a wedding this weekend and really don't want to be hobbling down the aisle
just have them reschedule the wedding boom problem solved duh
Old 06-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #4295
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
You know what school is awesome but was just to cold for me? Minnesota.

I found this comment humorous after I overheard a co-worker saying the current temperature is 101 here in Minneapolis (and oddly a heat index of 99).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #4296
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
How do you think it got infected in the first place?

Doh!! Vicodin and some beer should help.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #4297
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I hate my doctors office. A few weeks ago I realized I had an infected ingrown big toe. I went to their office that does special visits on Saturdays for emergency type stuff. Doctor prescribed my anti biotics and told me to soak it. Infection went away but is now back. Call my doctor to get another prescription and she wont call it in until she sees me. Problem is I can't get in to see her until next week, my schedule makes it impossible. Now what gets really annoying is they have another office in the practice with evening hours I could go to. Problem is that office won't see me because my they aren't my primary care doctor, even though they are in the same practice.

So I am going to have to either go to urgent care or hobble around with a toe that continues to have an infection grow, because my own practice won't let me go to another office within their practice.
In grown toenails suck. I have had my nail removed twice due to them...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #4298
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Random thought: Last Friday, three co-workers asked me to make over-the-top orgasm noises in the cafeteria. I initially declined, but they talked me into it. I don't regret it at all.
Adding to this, one of the three co-workers just came over and had an extended non-work conversation with me. During that time, I've discovered that she's just as strange as I am. I find that pretty much amazing, and I'll be sending her a Facebook friend request as soon as I get home. This should end well.

Edit to add: I may also schedule a meeting using Outlook.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 06-07-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #4299
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Adding to this, one of the three co-workers just came over and had an extended non-work conversation with me. During that time, I've discovered that she's just as strange as I am.

Examples, please.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:00 PM   #4300
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Examples, please.
She claims that she has the ability to turn off traffic lights without touching them. I was pretty much all in once she told me that.

So to speak.