Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2022, 03:10 PM   #4201
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Thought this was a really interesting story about a 19-year old who turned his father in after finding out he was a terrorist.

January 6 Insurrection: One Year Later, Families Are Still Divided | Teen Vogue

That has to be a crushing weight to bare, even knowing it was the right thing to do. Not to mention balancing the fact that he feels the way he was raised is the reason he did the right thing, turning in the one that taught him those values.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:20 PM   #4202
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Thought this was a really interesting story about a 19-year old who turned his father in after finding out he was a terrorist.

January 6 Insurrection: One Year Later, Families Are Still Divided | Teen Vogue

Quote:
A few days after the Capitol attack, Guy boasted of his actions in a Zoom with the Three Percenters, an anti-government militia group. “I said… I don’t care if [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi’s head is hitting every step while I drag her by her ankles — she’s coming out,” Guy stated in the Zoom, according to recordings obtained by government agents and reported by NBC.

Seems like a sweet guy, and here I was told it was a loving peaceful protest.

On another note, do you often read Teen Vogue?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:25 PM   #4203
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Nothing more than a tourist checking out the capitol.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 06:13 PM   #4204
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

On another note, do you often read Teen Vogue?

He also threatened to kill his own son. The party of family values.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 08:19 PM   #4205
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The thing is, I bet she's vaccinated.

Old 01-05-2022, 08:24 PM   #4206
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The thing is, I bet she's vaccinated.

She was spotted at MSG for a UFC event that required proof of vaccination. She's 100% vaccinated.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:21 PM   #4207
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Most of the grifters are vaccinated. Just the really, really dumb ones aren't. We saw a few regional radio hosts die over the Summer who didn't get the memo.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:20 AM   #4208
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kamala Harris started her speech off today saying some days in out countries history will live in infamy naming 12/7, 9/11, and 1/6 and oh boy, FOX News is gonna go crazy about that.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:26 AM   #4209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Holy Shit.

Biden going scorched earth and I am here for all of it.
Old 01-06-2022, 08:36 AM   #4210
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Most of the grifters are vaccinated. Just the really, really dumb ones aren't. We saw a few regional radio hosts die over the Summer who didn't get the memo.

There was a definite "don't get high on your own supply" vibe to some of those local media folks.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:09 AM   #4212
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Holy Shit.

How can he not? That fucker should be in prison. Instead it has languished and prevented any sort of closure. They profit off of it and mar any means to resolve and move forward. The Repubs are pigs in shit reveling in it.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 09:16 AM   #4213
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I turned to FOX News right after and to give them credit they didn't destroy Biden. They were far from agreeing with him, and I am sure the nighttime lineup will eviscerate him, but the panel directly after were pleasantly balanced.
Old 01-06-2022, 10:45 AM   #4214
Thomkal
Head Coach

Still can't believe we didn't vote him out here when we had the chance
Old 01-06-2022, 11:13 AM   #4215
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, I can.

edit: I mean, first, it's South Carolina. It's going to be a miracle that a Republican doesn't win. Even if there is backlash, or "independent" voters, even if they are NOT crazy, they are going to still evaluate and say "but what alternative do I have? To vote for a Democrat?" and vote Libertarian or write-in their church leader or something. Small percentage anyway. Really the only alternative is to primary him, and then you get an ACTUAL ball of crazy rather than just a sycophant.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-06-2022 at 11:16 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #4216
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

The pillow guy filed a lawsuit to prevent his phone records and other stuff from getting turned over to the committee. I kid you not, it boils down to him saying this is a violation of his religious beliefs because Trump is some kind of messiah and part of his religion.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:18 AM   #4217
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Holy Shit.

Empty words by a coward. But I'm sure his DOJ will continue to brag about some misdemeanor charge from some low level person who walked into the Capitol.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:37 AM   #4218
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Empty words by a coward. But I'm sure his DOJ will continue to brag about some misdemeanor charge from some low level person who walked into the Capitol.

What would you have preferred he said?

I see people on here say the dems need to stop with the unity talk, well, he went out and destroyed Trump and completely blamed him and his supporters. and you call them empty words.

I think it was great. People need to be constantly reminded what happened and who caused it. There is a solid 35% of our country that actively whitewash it. The more we can remind swing voters the better.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #4219
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, I'm split on Biden's "unity" vision. On one hand, I get it, the country needs to heal. OTOH, you can't shy away from prosecuting crimes because they are inherently political and you're afraid of the tables turning in few years. That's putting all of your faith in the system to withstand another coup attempt by not doing anything about actual crimes, yet having no faith that the system will see through a truly political vendetta that would ultimately absolve Biden and others of criminal wrongdoing for political decisions the GQP doesn't agree with.

This is the one thing I was afraid of with Biden. I think Garland is on orders to stand down and Biden's going to allow the 1/6 Committee to air everything and hope that it influences public opinion (which is naive and stupid).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-06-2022 at 11:40 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:39 AM   #4220
Ksyrup

Quote:

I see people on here say the dems need to stop with the unity talk, well, he went out and destroyed Trump and completely blamed him and his supporters. and you call them empty words.

Because there has been, and likely will not be, real action. It's fence-straddling.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-06-2022 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:47 AM   #4221
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Because there has been, and likely will not be, real action. It's fence-straddling.

I agree with the frustration at lack of real consequences for high level people, but I don't think that means Biden shouldn't come out and condemn Trump in the strongest possible way.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:04 PM   #4222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just tuned in to FOX News and their lead in for the 1:00 hour was about the new Manhattan DA and his bail reform program putting more criminals on the streets.

This is why Biden needed to say what he said, which was carried on FOX News.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:10 PM   #4223
Ksyrup

Quote:
I agree with the frustration at lack of real consequences for high level people, but I don't think that means Biden shouldn't come out and condemn Trump in the strongest possible way.

He should, but it's still "empty words" if there are no real consequences. Between this and watching as the GQP installs local and state operatives to hijack the election process in key states without doing anything but a bunch of twitter posturing, it's been an incredibly frustrating year for someone who has been a lifelong conservative and watched the party go hard right/bonkers, and yet the "opposition" is letting them do their thing, nearly unimpeded.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:14 PM   #4224
PilotMan
Head Coach

If Biden had come out from the beginning and rammed the bully pulpit down the throats of those opposed to the commission and those who still downplay it his approval rating would be a lot higher.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:19 PM   #4225
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just turned back to FOX, more scare tactics, this time saying ICE hasn't released their annual report about how many illegal immigrants crossed the border, now a pivot back to the Manhattan DA releasing criminals.

I'm not advocating wall to wall coverage, but they clearly are avoiding it other than the few minutes immediately following the speech.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:28 PM   #4226
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think it was great. People need to be constantly reminded what happened and who caused it. There is a solid 35% of our country that actively whitewash it. The more we can remind swing voters the better.

I don't care what he says, I care what he does. Which has been nothing but give some empty speeches.

The FBI half-assed their investigations or just gave up entirely. The DoJ has completely ignored the people at the top of the terrorist attack.

You can condem criminals all you want, but if there are no actual consequences for it, it means nothing.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:41 PM   #4227
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I take it back, Democrats are taking this seriously. This will show them!

Old 01-06-2022, 01:00 PM   #4228
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Dick Cheney sighting...

Dick Cheney visits Capitol for Jan. 6, criticizes GOP leadership | TheHill
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 01-06-2022, 01:03 PM   #4229
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just turned back to FOX, more scare tactics, this time saying ICE hasn't released their annual report about how many illegal immigrants crossed the border, now a pivot back to the Manhattan DA releasing criminals.

I'm not advocating wall to wall coverage, but they clearly are avoiding it other than the few minutes immediately following the speech.

This is the one thing Trump knew how to do...subvert the news. If the news circuits were winding down or not putting the message forth appropriately, he'd light up or do something to change the message or distract.

Biden would have to have like 20 news conferences doing things and twitter trigger points to keep Fox, OAN and the other shitbox Conservative networks reporting out to exhaustion until they don't know what the lead story is because there are so many going on in real times.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:05 PM   #4230
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dick Cheney and Karl Rove coming out against insurrection and the 1/6 terrorists who committed it. I'm happy to have them on the right side of history, logic, democracy, America, common sense, etc. on this one.

But why do we so often have to wait for Republicans to be out of power before they can publicly say 1+1=2?

It gives me all the more respect for Liz Cheney.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-06-2022 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #4231
PilotMan
Head Coach

Cheney and Rove are the drivers who pointed the car off the road, but then got pissed when it actually went off.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 01:52 PM   #4232
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Cheney and Rove are the drivers who pointed the car off the road, but then got pissed when it actually went off.

In 10 years, Democrats will be shaking the hands and applauding people like Hawley, Cruz, and others on the House floor. Jill Biden will be passing candy to Trump at a funeral and everyone will gush over it.
Old 01-06-2022, 01:53 PM   #4233
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

This. My wife: "When the cartoon super villain vice President is condemning what you did, maybe you went a little too far". And so many think they haven't gone far enough yet.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 02:44 PM   #4234
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
This. My wife: "When the cartoon super villain vice President is condemning what you did, maybe you went a little too far". And so many think they haven't gone far enough yet.

SI

Dick Cheney is a RINO to most Trump supporters. Which, yeah, kinda crazy.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:36 PM   #4235
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Pretty big development that wasn't released last year. Not sure if the perpetrator knew or not.

Harris was inside DNC on Jan. 6 when pipe bomb was discovered outside - POLITICO
Old 01-07-2022, 08:20 AM   #4236
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

This is just amazing. Ted Cruz is literally begging Tucker Carlson for forgiveness for the crime of saying attacks on police on 1/6 were terrorism.

Old 01-07-2022, 08:31 AM   #4237
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I understand rich, old men in smoky back rooms being powerful. I even get the Rush Limbaughs of the world, to a point. But how a whiny db and third rate sniveling sycophant like Tucker Carlson resonates with the red meat crowd and thus gets to be kingmaker is something I will never understand

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 08:41 AM   #4238
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think Tucker is very much tuned into what his audience wants to hear and he gives them that.
Old 01-07-2022, 08:53 AM   #4239
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

There are a decent number of GOP Pols who like and agree with Trump/Carlson.

But I think that there are lot that don't and think that the GOP would be better off if it could appeal to a broader range of voters.

It seems like they are caught in a short-term/long-term thinking problem. In the short term, guys like Cruz have to win their next election, so they can't anger the small-minded gods in charge of the GOP.

But if they engaged in an organized effort to purge the party of the Trump/Carlson/MAGA wing, that would be for the long term benefit of the party. It might be bumpy for a little while, but after a couple of years, they'd have a much stronger party for it.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:29 AM   #4240
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight
But why do we so often have to wait for Republicans to be out of power before they can publicly say 1+1=2?

Because their supporters think the answer is 3, and most politicians do what their supporters want because they want to keep their jobs. Not complicated.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #4241
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I mean, Carlson's a fully paid-up member of the "coastal elite" that GOP rank-and-file like to complain about: born in SF to liberal parents, boarding school & private college in Rhode Island, 100% career in beltway-focused broadcasting. The dude even wore bow ties on a regular basis for years.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 11:09 AM   #4242
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
I mean, Carlson's a fully paid-up member of the "coastal elite" that GOP rank-and-file like to complain about: born in SF to liberal parents, boarding school & private college in Rhode Island, 100% career in beltway-focused broadcasting. The dude even wore bow ties on a regular basis for years.

even the most superficial degree of consistency is out the window... another of the less obvious blessings of the Trump era is that the ability to effectively just ad hominem your way out of any criticism is unbelievably powerful

oh, you say Tucker's a hypocrite? well, you're a liberal. case closed.

oh, the New York Times fact checker said so? oh, give me strength...

where does that cycle end? your followers are behaving fully like cult members, you had best not run afoul of them or you will replace Mike Pence, Liz Cheney, or General Milley as the one they're calling out for public execution
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #4243
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
There are a decent number of GOP Pols who like and agree with Trump/Carlson.

But I think that there are lot that don't and think that the GOP would be better off if it could appeal to a broader range of voters.

It seems like they are caught in a short-term/long-term thinking problem. In the short term, guys like Cruz have to win their next election, so they can't anger the small-minded gods in charge of the GOP.

But if they engaged in an organized effort to purge the party of the Trump/Carlson/MAGA wing, that would be for the long term benefit of the party. It might be bumpy for a little while, but after a couple of years, they'd have a much stronger party for it.

Most of the people in power know Trump lost and know the vaccine works. But there is a fear associated with going against them. One Congressman has been posting death threats he receives on a regular basis. We had a terrorist attack at the Capitol that was treated as a non-event by law enforcement. Someone planted pipe bombs outside a building the VP-elect was in and the FBI shrugged their shoulders about it.

Terrorism works when there is no pushback against it. Sure a lot of people go along with the lies because it benefits them politically, but I also think there is a real fear that if they don't, they or their family will be the victim of violence and law enforcement will look the other way.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:32 PM   #4244
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
even the most superficial degree of consistency is out the window... another of the less obvious blessings of the Trump era is that the ability to effectively just ad hominem your way out of any criticism is unbelievably powerful

oh, you say Tucker's a hypocrite? well, you're a liberal. case closed.

oh, the New York Times fact checker said so? oh, give me strength...

where does that cycle end? your followers are behaving fully like cult members, you had best not run afoul of them or you will replace Mike Pence, Liz Cheney, or General Milley as the one they're calling out for public execution

I think this has been going on for a long time. Didn't like the Vietnam War? You must be a commie. Don't like the Iraq War? Supporting terrorists. Heck, the liberal media excuse has been used for like 60 years now.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:35 PM   #4245
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Sure sounds like SCOTUS is going to strike down the vaccine mandates.

Not that that is a big surprise.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:40 PM   #4246
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Sure sounds like SCOTUS is going to strike down the vaccine mandates.

Not that that is a big surprise.

Gorsuch claiming the flu kills hundreds of thousands every year was not a good sign. I think we know where they get their news from these days.

Also, love Roberts questioning why OSHA would deal with vaccines when it's in the actual law. It's pretty clear these guys either don't understand the current law or don't care.

I get they have to make political decisions, but at least put in a tiny amount of effort to look credible.
Old 01-07-2022, 12:48 PM   #4247
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Gorsuch claiming the flu kills hundreds of thousands every year was not a good sign. I think we know where they get their news from these days.

Also, love Roberts questioning why OSHA would deal with vaccines when it's in the actual law. It's pretty clear these guys either don't understand the current law or don't care.

I get they have to make political decisions, but at least put in a tiny amount of effort to look credible.
As if this court care about credibility. That took that horse out back and shot it in the head a long time ago.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 01:08 PM   #4248
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I loved Alito's suggestion that throwing out an injunction and letting it go through the court system seemed like the right approach.

You know, the exact thing he wouldn't do for the TX abortion law.
Old 01-07-2022, 04:34 PM   #4249
BYU 14
Coordinator

Honestly, there is really no way to reach people this far gone.

Just look at the comments in this video tribute to a Q influencer who died from Covid. They are convinced she was murdered, SMH.

RIP My Friend CirstenW - YouTube
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:39 PM   #4250
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

It's a cult.