Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2023, 11:35 AM   #4151
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
This season or Ted Lasso is near perfection, specifically the last 2 episodes. Arguably the 2 best so far.

I haven't seen todays but this season has been fantastic. I am equal parts happy and sad they are ending it so it doesn't get stale.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:09 PM   #4152
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It's starting to look like the password sharing restrictions are going to go into effect in July or August. Apparently it's been successful in other countries but I'm pretty sure if they attempt to charge me extra for my college student, I'm cancelling. And then I'll keep track of 4 or 5 things I want to watch, subscribe for a month around the holidays, watch it all, and cancel again. Fuck 'em.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:18 PM   #4153
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Somehow my paramount plus got messed up and I can't cancel. But I've only been on free trials and never entered a card. So I'm getting it for free seemingly in perpetuity. Really only used it for Champions League, but if School Spirits was a fun little show. An enjoyable whodunnit.

Also, Schmigadoon on Apple TV is fun if you enjoy musicals. Fun sendup of the musicals I grew up on. I do have to watch it alone tho, my wife thinks my love of musicals is weird.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 05:24 PM   #4154
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished watching the last season of "Better Call Saul".

I loved the first half. The second half and post-Laslo was still good but not as good as first half, and definitely more depressing.

All in all, a good ending to a great series. Just wish there was a happy ending.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 03:52 PM   #4155
Edward64
Head Coach

I've watched a couple episodes of Netflix's "The Diplomat". Love Keri Russell.

Interesting plot. There are some really smart dialog & interesting twists. Definitely up there with some of Netflix's best. Well worth watching IMO.
Old 04-28-2023, 07:28 PM   #4156
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Interesting plot. There are some really smart dialog & interesting twists. Definitely up there with some of Netflix's best. Well worth watching IMO.

I second that recommendation. I've also been a fan of Russell, especially her performance in "The Americans" miniseries. It's also good to see Michael McKean (Chuck McGill from "Better Call Saul") cast as the U.S. President. Then we've got Rufus Sewell (of "The Man in the High Castle" fame) cast as Keri's husband.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 08:20 PM   #4157
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished watching it today. IMO the episodes got weaker but still pretty good.

Netflix hasn't approved a s2 yet so it'll be a while.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:25 PM   #4158
RainMaker
General Manager

Didn't know they had Rufus Sewell in it. He's the best.

I'll have to give it a shot. Seems like Netflix has a lot of these kinds of shows lately (The Night Agent was decent). Saw The Diplomat getting some negative reviews so was holding off.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 08:55 PM   #4159
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I found Aggretsuko Season 5 to be further charming and still love the world building. Dunno why they juist don't make it a typical 22 minute show and give it more than a 10 episode season. That way they could have more stories about the supporting cast too to further worldbuild. (and don't troll with "oh it's too expensive...")
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:43 AM   #4160
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Yeah, the "Night Agent" was ok. It would have been better if they had ended it at episode 8. The big reveal of the grand plot was a bit ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 07:33 PM   #4161
RainMaker
General Manager

Ghosted was not good but Ana de Armas good God.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:24 AM   #4162
Ksyrup

Looks like a Writers Guild strike may happen by tonight. Interesting issues that revolve around a bigger cut of streaming content (since they are often shorter seasons and more time between seasons) and safeguards about AI scriptwriting.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-01-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:45 AM   #4163
Kodos
Resident Alien

Finally watching Chernobyl on HBO Max. Depressing, and I can't imagine what some of those people went through. Talk about a shoot-me-now scenario.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:54 AM   #4164
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Finally watching Chernobyl on HBO Max. Depressing, and I can't imagine what some of those people went through. Talk about a shoot-me-now scenario.

Great show
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 11:57 AM   #4165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Yellowjackets is really picking up some steam. Workin Moms season 7 also just dropped. Can't wait to watch, it ended on a great cliff hanger.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:11 AM   #4166
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Finished watching it today. IMO the episodes got weaker but still pretty good.

Netflix hasn't approved a s2 yet so it'll be a while.

It's been renewed.

Quote:
The Diplomat has scored a rapid-fire renewal.

Following in the footsteps of both The Recruit and The Night Agent – which occupy eerily similar genre territory as fast-paced political thrillers – Keri Russell’s Kate Wyler will be back for a second run of episodes, with the announcement being made a mere 11 days after the initial batch dropped.
Old 05-03-2023, 02:50 PM   #4167
RainMaker
General Manager

Is this generic movie talk too? Because I love these movies.

Old 05-03-2023, 04:47 PM   #4168
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Is this generic movie talk too? Because I love these movies.

You know I have never actually seen any of these. I felt like the first movie seemed too much like "Man On Fire", which I absolutely loved. I just didn't care that much about seeing a remake so to speak. I can see now that it isn't exactly the same, but it still is a remake. Anyone remember the original tv show?
Old 05-03-2023, 05:04 PM   #4169
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't remember the original show and haven't seen the new show either. You should definitely watch the movies. It's a more grounded John Wick with Denzel as the lead. Loved the first one and liked the second one.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:39 PM   #4170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Ted Lasso is such an unbelievably good show.
Old 05-03-2023, 11:32 PM   #4171
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Wow, I'm a genius. Stephen King agrees with me on "The Diplomat" !!

Stephen King Says The #1 Thriller On Netflix Is "Just terrific"
Quote:
When Uncle King tweeted that the #1 show on Netflix has “Dialogue so sharp it could cut your skin,” we listened. It seems the internet agrees with King because The Diplomat is the highest charting show on the streamer for the second week in a row. See what the horror hero has to say about the series below.

Last edited by Edward64 : 05-03-2023 at 11:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:41 PM   #4172
Edward64
Head Coach

Looking forward to Silo. The books are pretty good.

Quote:
This latest series, adapted from a series of novels, more than maintains that level of quality. The last 10,000 people on earth live in a self-sufficient, mile-deep, multi-story facility buried underground. The surface of the planet is so toxic that anyone venturing outside dies almost immediately. The remnants of humanity living in the "silo" can no longer remember who built it, or why, but Juliette (Rebecca Ferguson, who also produces), an engineer who reluctantly becomes the sheriff of the silo, is determined to solve the many mysteries of the place.

Silo premieres 5 May on Apple TV+ internationally
Old 05-09-2023, 06:28 PM   #4173
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Looking forward to Silo. The books are pretty good.

I watched the first couple of episodes last night, looks good. Just got to hope it doesnt lose it's way like Lost, or get canceled like 1899.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:59 PM   #4174
Edward64
Head Coach

Been watching Fauda on Netflix. I've watched all the prior seasons and they're up to 4 now.

Israeli Mossad-like group. Team can speak and act like Palestinians etc. have shootouts, rescues, gun battles, spycraft etc.

Obviously slanted towards the Israeli POV, clear cut bad guys etc. but they also show Palestinian life like checkpoints, less than clear situations, things Palestinians have to deal with, Israelis doing things they probably shouldn't etc.

Not great acting but interesting stories, good action, gives some different perspectives. I'd give this series a solid B and maybe B+.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:51 PM   #4175
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Ted Lasso is such an unbelievably good show.

do you notice that the main networks don't produce good shows anymore?
Old 05-10-2023, 04:36 AM   #4176
GrantDawg

Main networks still mainly create shows with a very old formulated style that mostly people to older people, who are the largest group of people that still watch network television. They still have few real hits that break the mold, like Abbot Elmentary. But most shows are hour long procedurals, that or either a cop show, hospital show, or a firehouse show. They just don't have the ability to really do anything risky.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2023, 06:51 AM   #4177
Ksyrup

Network TV has collectively turned into Jay Leno's tonight show. Of course, I can count on 2 fingers how many scripted shows of any kind I've watched in about 20 years, but network TV has been bad/boring for a long time.
Old 05-10-2023, 07:24 AM   #4178
Edward64
Head Coach

Paramount owns CBS. So if you consider Paramount a main network, think they are doing a pretty good job with the Star Trek franchise.

CBS by itself is eh. Multiple NCIS, FBI, CSI like shows. Equalizer was intriguing for first couple episodes but didn't hold my interest. Blue Bloods have been on for a while, I've not watched any but thinking about giving it a shot.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #4179
Ksyrup

I can't recall the last time I watch anything on network TV aside from local/national news, Jeopardy/Wheel and live sporting events. Has to go back to one of the first few seasons of American Idol (I think I gave up after Steven Tyler's 1st year as judge).

If you count CW, I guess we watch Whose Line Is It Anyway.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:33 PM   #4180
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

The only shows I've watched on network TV in the last ten or so years have been a handful of comedies - Parks & Rec, Brooklyn 99, Black-ish, Fresh Off The Boat, The Good Place, Abbot Elementary and the very, very occasional episode of SNL.

I think that's about it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 04:43 PM   #4181
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 05-10-2023, 08:49 PM   #4182
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tonights Ted LAsso was the best yet. Chills multiple times. This show is so unbelievably well done
Old 05-10-2023, 08:52 PM   #4183
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

‘Beetlejuice 2’ To Open Fall 2024 In Theaters – Deadline

Prep Michael Keaton's oscar
Old 05-10-2023, 09:25 PM   #4184
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Been watching Fauda on Netflix. I've watched all the prior seasons and they're up to 4 now.

Israeli Mossad-like group. Team can speak and act like Palestinians etc. have shootouts, rescues, gun battles, spycraft etc.

Obviously slanted towards the Israeli POV, clear cut bad guys etc. but they also show Palestinian life like checkpoints, less than clear situations, things Palestinians have to deal with, Israelis doing things they probably shouldn't etc.

Not great acting but interesting stories, good action, gives some different perspectives. I'd give this series a solid B and maybe B+.

ooh, the show was good stuff, I don't think we've watched S4 though, might be some summer viewing while the kid is home.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:36 PM   #4185
RainMaker
General Manager

Is Fauda in another language? I've been intrigued seeing videos popping up for it from time to time but not sure I want to dig through 4 seasons of a shot with subtitles.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:02 PM   #4186
Edward64
Head Coach

Dubbed in English.

Not bad, unlike some of the horrendous Asian shows.
Old 05-14-2023, 04:28 AM   #4187
whomario
Pro Starter

"Air" (Prime) is a very fun romp of a movie. A bit cringy at times (heavy use of 'hindsight-expectations' of us knowing what Jordan went on to do) but overall quite fun. Jason Bateman steals every scene and the soundtrack/use of music is great
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 06:06 AM   #4188
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Am watching Get Back on Disney Plus (the beatles thing) Holy fuck I wish I'd watched it sooner. The contents of it are the let it be sessions. I had no idea some of that shit, esp why they were there doing it. Fantstic stuff. Yeah you can really see they were finished before this. Paul always wanted to force them to do shit that wasn't just making an album.
You can tell John's mind is anywhere but there. Dude has zero attention span. Everything is a wise crack.
I don't blame George for getting fed up with paul because George was just trying to make contributions to songs and paul would stop him every time with lots of abstract lecture bullshit which always translated into "I want you to play it specifically how I want you to play it but I'm not going to tell you what that is...but rest assured I do not want you coming up with your own guitar parts". And seriously f- yoko. Hate clingy annoying people like that, even moreso the people they cling to.
It's amazing now as I look back at the movie "Let it be" that was also from these sessions...it tweaked and screwed with the order of some things and meshed some things together that weren't. It's also interesting that no actul footage from Let It Be was in this series. Probably because of rights. However some of the same stuff was used from other camera angles. Neat trick!

Love this thing...and I thought I was done watching and hearing beatles stuff.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:45 AM   #4189
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Telly I The biggest thing to happen to TV since color.

Saw this in my news feed and it seems interesting. Reminds me of NetZero or Juno internet from back in the day, or when they offered free computers if you would just have ads around the screen.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having it as an extra screen in the office since I'm in there most of the day. Need to upgrade my old 42" 1080p anyway and free seems good. If it wants to listen in on my day to day life, it would just hear me farting and telling the dog to stop humping my leg.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 10:07 AM   #4190
Kodos
Resident Alien

Sounds awful. A privacy nightmare.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 11:57 AM   #4191
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm really liking the first 3 episodes of Silo. I don't really know anything about the books so I'm excited to see where this goes.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 12:19 PM   #4192
Edward64
Head Coach

Great to hear. I'll be re-subscribing to Apple soon, primarily for Silo.

I loved the first book. I'm interested in seeing how they made the silo, environment look (e.g. also a Fallout fan).
Old 05-16-2023, 12:22 PM   #4193
molson
General Manager

Has anybody binged a classic TV show from before their time, or maybe that was big with adults when they were kids? Like the Honeymooners or L.A. Law or something?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 12:29 PM   #4194
Ksyrup

LA Law? You can just go walk yourself downstairs to hell, young man.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:44 PM   #4195
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Has anybody binged a classic TV show from before their time, or maybe that was big with adults when they were kids? Like the Honeymooners or L.A. Law or something?

I have binged the entirety of classic Hawaii 5-0 and the Rockford Files a couple times over, if that counts.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 12:49 PM   #4196
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
My wife has done several, but none of them have really interested me.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:50 PM   #4197
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I have binged the entirety of classic Hawaii 5-0 and the Rockford Files a couple times over, if that counts.
How does Rockford Files hold up? It was a favorite when I was a kid, though I probably only really understood half of it.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:53 PM   #4198
Ksyrup

I've been more or less binge-watching Columbo for about 30 years.
Old 05-16-2023, 01:19 PM   #4199
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
How does Rockford Files hold up? It was a favorite when I was a kid, though I probably only really understood half of it.

I think it still holds up great!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2023, 01:49 PM   #4200
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I've been more or less binge-watching Columbo for about 30 years.

Did you check out Poker Face? Pretty good homage to Columbo.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote