Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2021, 04:37 PM   #4101
BYU 14
Coordinator

Perdue is 0 for every big time office he has run for, why do anything tom endanger that streak?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 07:39 PM   #4102
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Perdue won an election as Senator in 2014. He was actually pretty popular in the state, especially among farmers. He did better than Loeffler in the last election, but couldn't overcome the anti-Republican wave. He is not a light weight. His sudden heavy-Trumpian shift will probably give him the GOP nomination, and the horrible voting law changes may give him the governorship.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:39 AM   #4103
PilotMan
Head Coach

Geezus Georgia is totally fucked up.

Georgia Republicans purge Black Democrats from county election boards | Reuters

Quote:
The unusual rash of restructurings follows the state's passage of Senate Bill 202, which restricted ballot access statewide and allowed the Republican-controlled State Election Board to assume control of county boards it deems underperforming. The board immediately launched a performance review of the Democratic-leaning Fulton County board, which oversees part of Atlanta.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:40 AM   #4104
cuervo72
Head Coach

Where underperforming = too many Democratic votes.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:33 AM   #4105
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

From a PPT of Mark Meadows. He advised Trump to just declare any electronic vote invalid.

Old 12-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #4106
larrymcg421
Head Coach

And this comes from what Meadows let the committee see. Imagine what he is still hiding.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:21 AM   #4107
PilotMan
Head Coach

And why are none of these guys in jail yet?

Like Steam?

Old 12-09-2021, 11:24 AM   #4108
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Considering he's stopped cooperating, it feels like we're at the part of the crime show where the criminal is arrested but knows they can't hold him. But he went along with it so he could pump the cops for what they really knew about him to better hide his tracks.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:03 PM   #4109
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

If I'm reading between the lines, this seems like a positive development in terms of the progress of investigations into Trump.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 12:55 PM   #4110
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think, with he Cuomo vacuum, the governor's race is looking like it will be a battle and she, probably wisely, decided against participating.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:00 PM   #4111
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I think, with he Cuomo vacuum, the governor's race is looking like it will be a battle and she, probably wisely, decided against participating.

She's in good shape in the AG race, but she isn't going to win the Gov race next year. It's a rare smart decision from a politician who sees they aren't going to win. Suozzi should make the same choice, but he's still deluded enough to think he'll win.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:36 PM   #4112
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421
And this comes from what Meadows let the committee see. Imagine what he is still hiding.

I'm honestly not sure how it could be much worse than what we know.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 12-09-2021 at 02:36 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:41 PM   #4113
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump loses his appeal to prevent records to being sent to Jan 6 Committee again. Now has 14 days to appeal to the Supreme Court
Old 12-09-2021, 04:37 PM   #4114
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
She's in good shape in the AG race, but she isn't going to win the Gov race next year. It's a rare smart decision from a politician who sees they aren't going to win. Suozzi should make the same choice, but he's still deluded enough to think he'll win.

I was actually surprised to see that she is 63 years old. I've never seen her beyond short clips of press conferences and pictures in articles, but I would have guessed late 40's/early 50's. I guess 67 or 71 isn't too old to run for governor, but missing out on the opportunity at this age makes it that much more of tough decision for her.

Hochul is also 63 and looks young for her age.

Maybe I'm just getting old and 63 doesn't seem as old as it used to be.
Old 12-09-2021, 04:40 PM   #4115
Swaggs
Coordinator

With all of the legal wrangling, I can't see the committee getting things in gear fast enough to produce anything before the GOP likely takes over in 2023 and dismantles it (and Kinzinger and Cheney both may very well be out of office by then - Kinzinger is retiring already, I believe).

I think the NY investigations are more likely to yield actually consequences in the next 6-12 months.
Old 12-09-2021, 08:28 PM   #4116
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Trump loses his appeal to prevent records to being sent to Jan 6 Committee again. Now has 14 days to appeal to the Supreme Court

Then when he loses that, he'll claim his dog ate them or some such and there will be no consequences.

SI

Old 12-09-2021, 08:44 PM   #4117
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Then when he loses that, he'll claim his dog ate them or some such and there will be no consequences.

Pretty much. Don't forget some sternly worded press releases from Democrats and maybe a leaked story about how someone in the DoJ is looking into it (but won't' do shit).

The whole thing is a waste of time.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:31 PM   #4118
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

These aren't papers in Trump's control, the case is about papers held by the National Archives. If the court system says turn them over, the Archive will turn them over.

Honestly, I think that's what will happen. SCOTUS got what they needed from Trump and would love to move on.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:44 AM   #4119
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Old 12-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #4120
Thomkal
Head Coach

So here's what I don't get about Pence. There are reports out there that he was locked out of his office at the Capitol on Jan 6, and that the MAGA crowd had already turned against him with their Hang Pence chants on that day, and that he couldn't even trust the Secret Service was not under orders from Trump to abduct/kill him, so when/if the Supreme Court denies/refuses to hear the case from Trump, he's got some cover from any new action from Trump, why not secretly testify to the Jan 6 Commission/DOJ (so Trump/MAGA doesn't try to kill/silence him) about all this and put the final nail in Trump's coffin? I mean I saw his former Chief of Staff was already going to testify and provide documents to the Committee with no delays/lawsuits/objections.

I mean reports are he spoke to Dan Quayle about what Trump wanted him to do, so he already had a "Come to jesus" moment and what's left of his conscience and morals, so he was already half way there on turning on him, why not go all the way now? Maybe work out a pardon from Biden if he comes forward and testifies truthfully? He can play to evangelicals for forgiveness, write about a book about it, and go on a speaking tour. I mean its not like he's going to have any future with a Trump-led Administration (god forbid) anyway.

Speaking of the Jan 6 Committee, last I heard Ali Alexander was still on the loose, let alone ready to testify before the Committee, but he says he has two boxes full of documents that totally exonerate him, Trump, and any Republican congressmen he was said to have worked with. I'm sure all that evidence was be as fully believable as the My Pillow guy's evidence. Loved how after he testified, he was immediately served as he was trying to get in the car (probably by the Capitol Police's lawsuit against Trump)
Old 12-10-2021, 11:16 AM   #4121
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't seen the idea that Pence couldn't trust the secret service. Where did you get that from?
Old 12-10-2021, 11:48 AM   #4122
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So here's what I don't get about Pence. There are reports out there that he was locked out of his office at the Capitol on Jan 6, and that the MAGA crowd had already turned against him with their Hang Pence chants on that day, and that he couldn't even trust the Secret Service was not under orders from Trump to abduct/kill him, so when/if the Supreme Court denies/refuses to hear the case from Trump, he's got some cover from any new action from Trump, why not secretly testify to the Jan 6 Commission/DOJ (so Trump/MAGA doesn't try to kill/silence him) about all this and put the final nail in Trump's coffin? I mean I saw his former Chief of Staff was already going to testify and provide documents to the Committee with no delays/lawsuits/objections.

I mean reports are he spoke to Dan Quayle about what Trump wanted him to do, so he already had a "Come to jesus" moment and what's left of his conscience and morals, so he was already half way there on turning on him, why not go all the way now? Maybe work out a pardon from Biden if he comes forward and testifies truthfully? He can play to evangelicals for forgiveness, write about a book about it, and go on a speaking tour. I mean its not like he's going to have any future with a Trump-led Administration (god forbid) anyway.

Speaking of the Jan 6 Committee, last I heard Ali Alexander was still on the loose, let alone ready to testify before the Committee, but he says he has two boxes full of documents that totally exonerate him, Trump, and any Republican congressmen he was said to have worked with. I'm sure all that evidence was be as fully believable as the My Pillow guy's evidence. Loved how after he testified, he was immediately served as he was trying to get in the car (probably by the Capitol Police's lawsuit against Trump)

Pence still wants a political future and knows in order to do that he needs the trump base.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #4123
Atocep
Coordinator

Pence's path to the white house doesn't involve working with Dems to undermine Trump. It would involve him running directly against Trump and showing his supporters what a coward he really along with what he actually thinks of evamgelicals.

IMO Pence is the biggest threat to Trump in 2024 from the GOP he just has to use what he knows about Trump against him. I'm not sure he'll do that though.

Last edited by Atocep : 12-10-2021 at 12:14 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:40 PM   #4124
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Supposedly, Pence's chief of staff is cooperating with the investigation. Pence is trying to have it both ways. He wants to be rid of Trump, but he wants to be seen as publically loyal. He's such a little weasel.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #4125
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

He would stand no chance. Most evangelicals are phonies who don't really care about any of the stuff they claim. Trump is loved by the base. And he has negative charisma.

Pence has shown no signs he would throw Trump under the bus. All he did was say he had no power to overturn an election (which he doesn't).

There was a tiny window right after the terrorist attack where it felt like there could be support for someone who opposed Trump. But once emotions settled down, the party latched on to the fascist stuff and his chances turned to dust.
Old 12-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #4126
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Any news on if daddy Duggar is still going into politics after his son's conviction?
Old 12-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #4127
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Weird story. Another crime unpunished. Add it to the list.

Kanye West publicist pressed Georgia election worker to confess to bogus fraud charges | Reuters
Old 12-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #4128
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Kanye West is such a fucking Clown, my wife has a word for people like him, which I will not repeat, but his whole "presidential run" was nothing more than an attempt to suck minority votes away from Biden.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 09:11 AM   #4129
Ksyrup

Not exactly sure where this goes, but just read that Chris Wallace is leaving Fox News. About 5 years too late. Do they now have to officially change their name to just Fox?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-12-2021 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:39 AM   #4130
GrantDawg

He says he leaving to do something different than politics. I wonder what?

Old 12-12-2021, 09:44 AM   #4131
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Where is Shep Smith these days?

SI

Old 12-12-2021, 10:07 AM   #4132
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I haven't seen the idea that Pence couldn't trust the secret service. Where did you get that from?

Sorry missed this post originally so not sure you got your answer:

Mike Pence refused to get in car amid 6 January riots fearing Secret Service ‘conspiracy’, reports claim
Old 12-12-2021, 10:09 AM   #4133
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Where is Shep Smith these days?

SI

I think he's lead anchor for CNBC now
Old 12-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #4134
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
He says he leaving to do something different than politics. I wonder what?

The answer is he is going to be an anchor for CNN+. I don't know how that is leaving politics, but ok.
Old 12-12-2021, 11:09 AM   #4135
Ksyrup

Maybe he meant he's leaving fake politics. Or he's replacing Jeanne Moos and concentrating on lighthearted/stupid human interest stories.
Old 12-12-2021, 02:23 PM   #4136
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Maybe he meant he's leaving fake politics. Or he's replacing Jeanne Moos and concentrating on lighthearted/stupid human interest stories.
"Chris Wallace hosts Stupid Human Tricks the Series."
Old 12-12-2021, 02:41 PM   #4137
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Wallace is known for his tough, but fair, questioning of both Democratic and Republican politicians. His reputation for grilling members of both parties made him well-respected in journalistic circles, but often irked the Fox News audience which showed immense loyalty to former President Donald Trump. That was especially true when Wallace called out Trump directly, including when he said that the former president "engaged in the most direct, sustained assault on the free press in our history."

Chris Wallace announces he is leaving Fox News, joining CNN+
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 09:35 PM   #4138
kingfc22
Head Coach

I know everyone here is completely shocked to find out that Trump knew what was happening on January 6th and just let it happen.

Hopefully Meadows ends up behind bars along with other members of his merry band of idiots.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:51 PM   #4139
Ksyrup

Texts show even Don Jr and the GOP news team at Fox were pressing Meadows to get Trump to do something. Which is odd considering it was just a typical Capitol tour.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 12-13-2021 at 09:51 PM.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:54 PM   #4140
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The one thing I give Trump is that he understands the base so much better than anyone else. While they were all panicking, he understood that he could get away with all of it so long as he never admitted it was even slightly wrong.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:12 AM   #4141
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't think he knows that at all. You're giving him far too much credit. He's a narcissist. What he does know and understand is what serves him, and he's rich. He's been getting away with whatever he wants for his entire life. He's had people all around him telling him that he's got unlimited executive authority and that he's not only chosen by God, but great at his job. In his mind, everything that transpired was for him, to help him. I don't agree with any of this as a political gamble tied into the will of the people. That's far too nuanced for trump. Instead the entire event served his ego, and he lived by the idea that he's untouchable, like any narcissist who has a cult following does. It served him, why bother stopping it. That's how you read this. There's no logical rational to a narcissist. Applications giving them credit in that way are not accurate.

Like Steam?

Old 12-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #4142
Ksyrup

More projection!

Old 12-14-2021, 12:44 PM   #4143
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It's easy, and fun, to dunk on these people but it is also a distraction while the real criminals aren't punished.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 12:47 PM   #4144
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
More projection!

And none will get the 5 years the woman in Texas received.
Old 12-14-2021, 01:11 PM   #4145
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

28 months for a terrorist who was planning to murder Pelosi and others. Was caught with the weapons at a hotel a short distance away from the Capitol. Thankfully a relative called the FBI and prevented an even bigger tragedy.

QAnon Believer Who Threatened To Shoot Nancy Pelosi For Trump Sentenced To Prison | HuffPost Latest News
Old 12-14-2021, 01:28 PM   #4146
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
28 months for a terrorist who was planning to murder Pelosi and others. Was caught with the weapons at a hotel a short distance away from the Capitol. Thankfully a relative called the FBI and prevented an even bigger tragedy.

QAnon Believer Who Threatened To Shoot Nancy Pelosi For Trump Sentenced To Prison | HuffPost Latest News

SI

Old 12-14-2021, 03:38 PM   #4147
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Does the FBI have any rewards for turning in terrorists on 1/6? Seems most of the arrests are through tips they receive from some groups online. Feels only fair they get a reward for work the FBI isn't inclined to do on their own.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #4148
Ksyrup

More intervention from the party of limited government.

Old 12-15-2021, 02:25 PM   #4149
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If it passes I'd tell any teachers in FL to change professions or leave the state. That's open to so much abuse.
Old 12-15-2021, 02:29 PM   #4150
miked
College Starter

That seems to be the new bug for republicans. Rather than make unconstitutional laws enforceable by the state/government, it's make unconstitutional laws enforceable by the public so nobody can really be held accountable.

Can't wait to see when we start passing laws that your state government can't get more dollars from the feds than they put in.