Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2024, 06:38 PM   #4101
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
One of my cousins just posted this on Facebook, and I have to admit, it's kind of funny.

It's a variation of a right wing post from a while back where the original specified that her songs were about choosing the wrong man, which got the response pointing out that it's why she'll be choosing a woman.
Atocep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 06:47 PM   #4102
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Posted without a hint of irony.

Also, Reagan and Bush didn't stop sending anything. They delayed
a couple of shipments and a loan by a month or two. Biden also, similarly, paused a shipment of bombs. There was also no political blowback at the time because in the early 80s and early 90s no one in the US cared about the middle east or gave it much thought. Senate didn't care, the House didn't care, and the general public certainly didn't care then.

This is just more of your politics and diplomacy is as easy as 1, 2, 3 stuff.

The situation with Iran was one of the primary reasons Reagan got elected. It was the biggest story in the country for over a year and half. We literally fought a war in the early 90's in the Middle East. What in the world are you talking about?

And both Reagan and Bush got results. Israel immediately stopped bombing Beirut after Reagan stopped shipments. Bush leveraged loans to get them to stop the settlements. He also demanded they not retaliate against Iraq for launching missiles at them and they didn't. We have immense leverage over them.

All this stuff is well-documented and you can find them in lots of books. The first Gulf War was a pretty big deal. I'm sorry you don't remember that era or never learned about it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 07:39 PM   #4103
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I have repeatedly said we should not be involved in Yemen and should not be selling weapons to Saudi Arabia.

Until your posts supporting Yemen reach at least half the number of pro-Palestinian posts you have here I'm going to just assume you support the genocide of afro-arabs.

Quote:
And the "best intelligence service" in the world didn't foresee an attack on October 7th by the most surveilled people in the world locked in a concentration camp they control.

Hamas wasn't really being tracked all that closely at the time. Israel had built up their defenses and were overconfident in their ability to deter and counter anything from Hamas. Definitely an intelligence failure, but not because of bad intel. It was because they really weren't watching or expecting anything on that scale.

Quote:
The same intelligence service that told us that Saddam had WMDs.

I was actually working US intel at the time and there were a number of failures there. The middle east wasn't my area of expertise but I did get to see first hand where our intelligence was failing because it wasn't isolated to just that decision. We didn't go into Iraq because of Israeli intel. We had our own intel biases that were saying Iraq had WMDs that led to the decision to invade. Israel along with other intel just fed our confirmation bias.

Quote:
In 10 years you'll pretend you never supported them.

I've said many times on here that I don't support Israel. You just make that assumption because I don't have the same view on it as you. If we withheld weapons I'd support that. I understand it's a difficult political position for this administration though.

Again, progressives are unable to understand who the real enemies to their causes are. They'd prefer to attack the people closest aligned and lump them in with the people that want to see Gaza leveled. Then they complain they can't get a stronger foothold in politics and blame everyone but themselves and their own tactics.

Quote:
The situation with Iran was one of the primary reasons Reagan got elected. It was the biggest story in the country for over a year and half. We literally fought a war in the early 90's in the Middle East. What in the world are you talking about?

And both Reagan and Bush got results. Israel immediately stopped bombing Beirut after Reagan stopped shipments. Bush leveraged loans to get them to stop the settlements. He also demanded they not retaliate against Iraq for launching missiles at them and they didn't. We have immense leverage over them.

All this stuff is well-documented and you can find them in lots of books. The first Gulf War was a pretty big deal. I'm sorry you don't remember that era or never learned about it.

I was in middle school during the first golf war, but I know the general public isn't as knowledgeable about the Middle East as they are after multiple never ending wars in the region. Senate, the House, and the general public didn't care about withholding weapons at that time. Both had bipartisan support. It wasn't an issue that split parties and the public. Whether you like it or not, Israel/Gaza is pretty split on a national scale and there'd be little support congressionally for halting weapon shipments.

Exactly how split the country is right now depends on how the question is framed. If you just ask if you're for halting weapon shipments while Israel continues to kill Palestinian citizens then a slight majority are for stopping the shipments. If you ask if the US should continue to ship Israel weapons until all hostages are returned then you get something like 60% in favor of continuing to supply weapons.

The frustrating thing on this is your inconsistency on who you support. You keep saying you can't support someone that has supported the genocide in Gaza while pushing both Whitmer, JB, and others on here as options outside of Biden. JB has been a pretty hardline supporter of Israel and Whitmer continues to dodge most questions about it since she got so much backlash for her statements supporting Israel. If you stick with your stance that you can't vote for someone that supports the genocide and use the line in the sand as anything less than stopping weapon shipments then there really aren't very many people out there left to vote for.
Old 09-12-2024, 08:01 PM   #4104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Taking her to the 9/11 memorial was a disgrace. The fact that a party nominee for President is traveling with and taking advice from someone spouting off blatant racist bullshit about his opponent is insane, but that's where we are with Trump.

I can't wait to hear from my wife's stepfather on how divisive Obama was and how democrats are the extremists some more.

She is 100% going to be press secretary if he wins.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 08:11 PM   #4105
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've said many times on here that I don't support Israel. You just make that assumption because I don't have the same view on it as you. If we withheld weapons I'd support that. I understand it's a difficult political position for this administration though.

This.
Old 09-12-2024, 08:29 PM   #4106
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Stop sending weapons and aid to Israel as long as they continue to commit genocide and other atrocities. They will stop. Reagan and Bush did it.

Sorry, but I find it cowardly to force people to fight a war for you. Ukraine has forced conscription.

I 100% support immediately stopping sending weapons or any financial support to israel.

Where we differ, is im going to vote and advocate for the person who may actually try to do that, as opposed to taking actions making it more likely the one who will strongly push for even more support of israels terrible acts. This includes not voting or voting 3rd party.

Last edited by Danny : 09-12-2024 at 08:31 PM.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 08:51 PM   #4107
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Over/under on how many days it takes for her to use a slur in a press briefing?
Old 09-12-2024, 09:09 PM   #4108
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hamas wasn't really being tracked all that closely at the time. Israel had built up their defenses and were overconfident in their ability to deter and counter anything from Hamas. Definitely an intelligence failure, but not because of bad intel. It was because they really weren't watching or expecting anything on that scale.

This is not true at all. The Gaza Strip is one of the most surveilled strip of land on the planet. Every phone call is recorded, internet traffic is monitored, there are CCTV cameras on every corner, drones in the sky, and spies (willing and unwilling) all over.

But even if you want to pretend that's the case, they keep "accidentally" dropping bombs on humanitarian workers, teachers, journalists, and doctors. If we are to believe those are accidents, it sounds like their intelligence is dogshit.

Quote:
Again, progressives are unable to understand who the real enemies to their causes are. They'd prefer to attack the people closest aligned and lump them in with the people that want to see Gaza leveled. Then they complain they can't get a stronger foothold in politics and blame everyone but themselves and their own tactics.

Liberals are more closely aligned with conservatives than they are with progressives. This is largely due to both parties being owned by corporations. The idea that progressives will magically convince the average Democrat to go against their corporate donors is fantasy. Just look at how far the party has shifted to the right in just the past 4 years.

And in fairness to them, Democrats don't try to court progressive voters. They have no interest in those policies and don't care if people like me would vote for them. That seems to upset liberal voters which I don't understand.

Quote:
The frustrating thing on this is your inconsistency on who you support. You keep saying you can't support someone that has supported the genocide in Gaza while pushing both Whitmer, JB, and others on here as options outside of Biden. JB has been a pretty hardline supporter of Israel and Whitmer continues to dodge most questions about it since she got so much backlash for her statements supporting Israel. If you stick with your stance that you can't vote for someone that supports the genocide and use the line in the sand as anything less than stopping weapon shipments then there really aren't very many people out there left to vote for.

Local politicians have no power over what we are carrying out in Gaza. I don't care what my alderman's stance is on Israel because it doesn't matter. I wouldn't vote for JB or Whitmer in a federal election if they continued to support the genocide.

You're correct that there aren't many people left to vote for on a federal level. That's why I brought up the selective enforcement of foreign election interference. We're at a point where multiple countries in the Middle East have turned us into vassal states through bribes alone. I don't care if that's Israel pumping tens of millions into a Congressional primary or the Saudis bribing the Trump family with billions in cheap loans. It's really bad to allow foreign countries to buy your politicians or be free to spread propoganda.
Old 09-12-2024, 09:22 PM   #4109
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Where we differ, is im going to vote and advocate for the person who may actually try to do that, as opposed to taking actions making it more likely the one who will strongly push for even more support of israels terrible acts. This includes not voting or voting 3rd party.

There is no evidence she will do anything to stop the war crimes. She has nearly identical views to Biden on Israel and has stated such. And those views are identical to Trump's. They will give Israel whatever they want, no questions asked.

With that said, Trump is a bit of a wildcard regarding Israel. There have been stories that Netanyahu is waiting on him to get elected to end this and give him a huge win as soon as he's elected. Kind of like Iran did for Reagan.

And I do think there will be much more pressure on politicians to end the genocide with Trump in power. Liberals can go back to caring about that stuff again, and the media will be tougher on foreign policy decisions. And Trump gets incredibly bored with shit that doesn't have him at the center, so I could see him getting annoyed and demanding it end. At some point, it gets so unpopular that it just has to end.
Old 09-12-2024, 11:53 PM   #4110
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I want to say it's 50/50 they're having an affair right now so she might be aiming higher.
Old 09-13-2024, 04:57 AM   #4111
Edward64
Head Coach

Some evidence. It'd be better if the Dispatch took some time to dig a little further on who/what happened in the picture. Take it FWIW

Goose photograph shows man in Columbus, not Springfield Haitian immigrant
Quote:
The Columbus man behind a photo of a person carrying a dead goose that was spread among right-wing social media accounts this week said he now regrets taking the photo.

The man, who wished to remain anonymous, took the picture in Columbus on July 28 and decided to share it because it was not "something you see every day," he said.

He never expected it to be used as proof by right-wing figures falsely claiming that Haitian immigrants in Springfield, Ohio, are eating pets and wildlife.

"I wish I never took it, for sure. And I hate that the picture that I took is being weaponized to use against immigrants, or really, any other group. They always have to have somebody to use as a weapon. Some group to be the bad guy," he said.

The article has a link of the pic. See below

Blocked

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-13-2024 at 05:01 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 05:00 AM   #4112
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Now the Haitians are taking geese? Who is against that? Those Canadian fuckers are the real illegal immigrant problem, shitting and honking all over the place.

Blocked
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 06:32 AM   #4113
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

That's not evidence. Columbus and Springfield are a long way apart.
Old 09-13-2024, 06:35 AM   #4114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The latest MAGA "bombshell" is there are reports circulating an ABC employee is going to be a whistleblower and claim Kamala was given the questions ahead of time. Of course these "reports" are all just speculation that is rebounding through the echo chamber and has been picked up by looney Loomer so now it is of course fact.

I can not fathom what her press conferences would look like.
Old 09-13-2024, 06:40 AM   #4115
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
The latest MAGA "bombshell" is there are reports circulating an ABC employee is going to be a whistleblower and claim Kamala was given the questions ahead of time. Of course these "reports" are all just speculation that is rebounding through the echo chamber and has been picked up by looney Loomer so now it is of course fact.

I can not fathom what her press conferences would look like.

I'd love for them to explain which question was supposed to be a curveball, non-obvious question for a Presidential debate.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 06:47 AM   #4116
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
People keep acting like her support for genocide is normal and popular. It's not. Most of this country wants it to end and the overwhelming majority of Democrats and Independents want it to end.

Harris is the extremist in her own party on this issue. Not surprising from a party celebrating endorsements from Dick Cheney.

I'll say it again.. Good luck.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 07:28 AM   #4117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have a neighbor who I am facebook friends with who seemed normal enough and has just exposed herself as a maniac. She posted she couldn't believe the Haitians eating cats claim so she had to do her own research. so she took to Twitter and found proof from accounts who will tell us the real truth. Highlighted by the thoroughly debunked story about the lady from Canton. She goes on to claim Trump always tells the truth, he just does it in a way that makes him sound crazy and the media then makes him look bad. She claims you can't trust the media nor the mayor, governor, town manager, etc...and the real truth is buried on Twitter exposed by people brave enough to fight the machine. A few people have tried to reason with her to no avail, the possibility she is being lied to just doesn't exist.

This is how this shit works, and it is scary there are tens of millions of people who fall for it.
Old 09-13-2024, 07:30 AM   #4118
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
I'd love for them to explain which question was supposed to be a curveball, non-obvious question for a Presidential debate.

Saw this in my family group chat. I didn't watch this debate, but having watched debates in the past, I know any moron could reasonably predict most of the questions. So yeah, I agree, I'd love to hear which question Trump got that he was shocked by, and wished he had known about in advance. Also, didn't Trump make the same accusations about Hillary? This stupidity has a good fit, in that people who are likely to fall for crap like this and people who think knowing the questions in a presidential debate is actually an advantage are very similar populations.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 07:35 AM   #4119
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Rain, I don't think I've said this to many folks, but you are hard core in a left-wing echo chamber when it comes to this issue (and I understand how personal this issue is, but I strenuously disagree with your viewpoint.)
Old 09-13-2024, 07:54 AM   #4120
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Saw this in my family group chat. I didn't watch this debate, but having watched debates in the past, I know any moron could reasonably predict most of the questions. So yeah, I agree, I'd love to hear which question Trump got that he was shocked by, and wished he had known about in advance. Also, didn't Trump make the same accusations about Hillary? This stupidity has a good fit, in that people who are likely to fall for crap like this and people who think knowing the questions in a presidential debate is actually an advantage are very similar populations.

Hilary was given town hall questions by CNN's Donna Brazille in the 2016 DNC Primary
Old 09-13-2024, 08:18 AM   #4121
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Hilary was given town hall questions by CNN's Donna Brazille in the 2016 DNC Primary

I actually didn't know that, I just thought Trump claimed Hillary had questions to their debate. I guess according to this article we're both right.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ebate-scandal/
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:27 AM   #4122
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Yes, but this is not that and anybody that has watched any debate should have known these were going to be the questions. There was nothing asked out of left field, not to mention Kamala didn't really answer many of the questions. Why would it matter if she had knowledge of the questions she never really answered? What she did so well was pivot to things she knew would make Trump sound crazy, and then let Trump sound crazy. He ended up with the most time in the debate, and had the last word on most rounds, and that is why he lost.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-13-2024 at 08:28 AM.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:41 AM   #4123
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

RainMaker is not in a 'left wing echo chamber'. He's constantly arguing with people here. That's the literal opposite of an echo chamber.

He's also right that it makes no sense to assume Harris is more likely to cut off aid to Israel.

I think he's off on his assessment of the conflict in general to some degree, and often grossly exaggerates potentially legitimate points, but a lot of the ganging up on him is no more justified than when it used to happen to conservatives around here.

The echo chamber, to the degree it exists, consists of more 'establishment liberal' or whatever segment of this forum.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:49 AM   #4124
GrantDawg

Quote:
I'm talking about interviews and appearance in non fundraiser/rally events. Kind of like the strategy Obama had in 2008 and 2012 that worked well. I don't know why they're so scared to have Harris do a bunch of interviews, she's a really good talker.

This is one thing I agree with you about. The longer it takes for her to sit down and do some traditional interviews and more national style appearances, the more it seems strange. I think she would kill on Kimmel or Fallon. I think an interview her and Norah O'Donnell would be great. She needs to show up on SNL as they open up their 50th season. She needs to do both personality press as well as some harder interviews.

I feel like they are trying to pitch no hit ball. They are keeping the limits on anything that go negative, like a misstatement or any policy point that is too specific. It is clear both campaign have a common strategy. Trump is going full nut to try to rally his base for turn out, and Kamala is letting Trump go full nut to rally her base for turn out. She has mostly just wanting to look moderate to play to the independents and never-Trumpers and let Trump come out with as many crazy ideas as he can to scare more left leaning people into voting.
The Harris strategy of trying to moderate isn't out of nowhere. The cross tabs in polling shows that her biggest weakness is the idea she is "too liberal." That New York times poll right before the debate that had everyone freaking out had people saying she was extremely liberal at 70+%. The question is first how can she sell to the moderate swing voters and not lose the more of the far left. Then second, how long does she delay really putting herself out there.
Old 09-13-2024, 08:57 AM   #4125
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

She's still in a position where she needs to take calculated risks. She's not so far ahead that she's just looking to run out the clock. So yeah, she should be going out there and doing some fairly softball-type interviews. She doesn't need to volunteer to go on Fox News. That's what Mayor Pete is for.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 09:29 AM   #4126
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
There is no evidence she will do anything to stop the war crimes. She has nearly identical views to Biden on Israel and has stated such. And those views are identical to Trump's. They will give Israel whatever they want, no questions asked.

With that said, Trump is a bit of a wildcard regarding Israel. There have been stories that Netanyahu is waiting on him to get elected to end this and give him a huge win as soon as he's elected. Kind of like Iran did for Reagan.

And I do think there will be much more pressure on politicians to end the genocide with Trump in power. Liberals can go back to caring about that stuff again, and the media will be tougher on foreign policy decisions. And Trump gets incredibly bored with shit that doesn't have him at the center, so I could see him getting annoyed and demanding it end. At some point, it gets so unpopular that it just has to end.

You want Trump to win and you want Democrats to be punished. Just say it.

You're willing to inflict on others all the bad that would come with a second Trump Administration just so a) there might be a tiny chance that the Gaza situation gets better and b) so Democrats will suffer for their sins.

This is why people are taking issue with your posts, RM.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 09:50 AM   #4127
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
He's also right that it makes no sense to assume Harris is more likely to cut off aid to Israel.

Maybe, but we know Trump will allow Bibi to turn Gaza to glass.
Old 09-13-2024, 10:44 AM   #4128
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's a poll showing that 60% of americans want to continue funding Israel until the hostages are released. That has to really be the starting point of a cease-fire.

Majority of Americans favor US military aid to Israel until hostages are returned, new polling says | CNN Politics
Old 09-13-2024, 10:47 AM   #4129
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Some evidence. It'd be better if the Dispatch took some time to dig a little further on who/what happened in the picture. Take it FWIW

Goose photograph shows man in Columbus, not Springfield Haitian immigrant

The article has a link of the pic. See below

Blocked

This isn't evidence of anything and posting such as disingenuous. Other than an American citizen that isn't from Springfield and has severe mental health issues, no one is eating cats and dogs.

Posting this as proof of anything is no different than using RFK as an example that white people are out there eating peoples pets.
Old 09-13-2024, 11:02 AM   #4130
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Trump worked with Israel on a peace plan that would have effecitvely been an annexationof Gaza. He's also said Israel is being too cautious and taking too long. If theyre going to do this it needs to be quicker and they need to see it through to the end. Trump also has zero political pressure from his party for anything other than full support for Israel, while multiple dems have said they would support halting or putting conditions on further weapon shipments if the administration feels it's needed. Bibi also isnt pushing for Trump to win the election so that they can stop receiving weapons.

Quote:
but a lot of the ganging up on him is no more justified than when it used to happen to conservatives around here.

Misstating people's stance on something to frame them as pro genocide and telling them they see people as something less than human is going to get reactions.

He has such a strong desire to be right that he's creating enemies out of people that largely agree with him just so he can tell them they were wrong at some point in the future.

Last edited by Atocep : 09-13-2024 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-13-2024, 12:30 PM   #4131
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
That's not evidence. Columbus and Springfield are a long way apart.
Quote:
This isn't evidence of anything and posting such as disingenuous. Other than an American citizen that isn't from Springfield and has severe mental health issues, no one is eating cats and dogs.

This is a fair counter based on what I wrote and linked. I was reading some articles and my comment about "evidence" is for the below statement (I did not link in orig post), which I took to include all of OH.

https://www.newsweek.com/migrants-sp...sponse-1952534
Quote:
Ohio's Republican Governor Mike DeWine said people should believe officials who have said there are no reports of Haitian migrants eating cats, ducks, and geese.
Quote:
Posting this as proof of anything is no different than using RFK as an example that white people are out there eating peoples pets.
I said no such thing. There is a wide gap between me stating it was evidence vs me posting it "as proof".

With that said. I would not be surprised at all if it was an immigrant, likely legal, that harvested that goose or picked it up as roadkill (ala RFK Jr. and a college buddy of min). Not a big deal. Now if it was a dog, I would definitely feel differently.

Last edited by Edward64 : 09-13-2024 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-13-2024, 12:45 PM   #4132
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
You want Trump to win and you want Democrats to be punished. Just say it.

You're willing to inflict on others all the bad that would come with a second Trump Administration just so a) there might be a tiny chance that the Gaza situation gets better and b) so Democrats will suffer for their sins.

This is why people are taking issue with your posts, RM.

I think this quote really gets to the crux of the issue more than any other. RM's advocacy for ending the war is admirable, but there is definitely a strong whiff of schadenfreude that emanates from his posts.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 12:48 PM   #4133
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Trump worked with Israel on a peace plan that would have effecitvely been an annexationof Gaza. He's also said Israel is being too cautious and taking too long. If theyre going to do this it needs to be quicker and they need to see it through to the end. Trump also has zero political pressure from his party for anything other than full support for Israel, while multiple dems have said they would support halting or putting conditions on further weapon shipments if the administration feels it's needed. Bibi also isnt pushing for Trump to win the election so that they can stop receiving weapons.

Eric Trump, who is too dumb to have a filter, also talked at length about how seafront property in Gaza could be quite lucrative. It's not hard to believe that Bibi or a surrogate planted the idea in one of the Trumps' heads that if they let him do what he wanted, they could get in on that real estate action in the future.
Old 09-13-2024, 12:49 PM   #4134
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
This is one thing I agree with you about. The longer it takes for her to sit down and do some traditional interviews and more national style appearances, the more it seems strange. I think she would kill on Kimmel or Fallon. I think an interview her and Norah O'Donnell would be great. She needs to show up on SNL as they open up their 50th season. She needs to do both personality press as well as some harder interviews.

I feel like they are trying to pitch no hit ball. They are keeping the limits on anything that go negative, like a misstatement or any policy point that is too specific. It is clear both campaign have a common strategy. Trump is going full nut to try to rally his base for turn out, and Kamala is letting Trump go full nut to rally her base for turn out. She has mostly just wanting to look moderate to play to the independents and never-Trumpers and let Trump come out with as many crazy ideas as he can to scare more left leaning people into voting.
The Harris strategy of trying to moderate isn't out of nowhere. The cross tabs in polling shows that her biggest weakness is the idea she is "too liberal." That New York times poll right before the debate that had everyone freaking out had people saying she was extremely liberal at 70+%. The question is first how can she sell to the moderate swing voters and not lose the more of the far left. Then second, how long does she delay really putting herself out there.

I think it's that she has the Biden campaign team running her campaign and they believed in hiding the candidate. That was probably the right strategy with Biden, but it shouldn't be with Harris. Especially when you're trying to make this campaign "normal vs weird". She should really do a bunch of stuff that shows she is normal.

What confuses me about the approach is Obama ran a masterful campaign in 2008 (and even in 2012 to an extent) doing this. He was doing Bill Simmons podcast, calling in to local radio stations, went on SNL, etc. He talked sports, TV shows, and raising daughters. It made him very relatable regardless of your political views. He came across like your friendly neighbor.

That's what the Harris campaign should be doing. Walz should be talking about coaching high school football on Rich Eisen's show. Harris should be doing shows/podcasts talking about raising stepkids, her favorite movies, and what her go to snacks are. It's softball shit but reaches a lot of people and shows they are normal. It's something Trump and Vance can't do because they're inherently weird and socially off-putting.

They're still getting torched with young voters that they need and have to step outside the traditional bubble that only boomers see. Trump is doing Logan Paul and other shows to target that demo.
Old 09-13-2024, 12:55 PM   #4135
Atocep
Coordinator

Her campaign manager is Biden's but she's pulled in Obama's former campaign manager and deputy campaign manager plus others from the outside. From what I've read she leans heavily on her own people. The person that did her debate prep for Trump was the same that she used for the VP debate I'm 2020, for instance.

From what I've read from some political strategists, there's data that shows big national interviews don't really accomplish much or help a candidate. Interviews with local stations help with engagement, which the campaign did say they will be scheduling more of post debate.

I don't think keeping her off national TV and talk shows is being done to hide her, the belief is that it doesn't really help and has more potential to hurt.
Old 09-13-2024, 01:31 PM   #4136
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
I want to say it's 50/50 they're having an affair right now so she might be aiming higher.

Old 09-13-2024, 01:31 PM   #4137
GrantDawg

Quote:
Her campaign manager is Biden's but she's pulled in Obama's former campaign manager and deputy campaign manager plus others from the outside. From what I've read she leans heavily on her own people. The person that did her debate prep for Trump was the same that she used for the VP debate I'm 2020, for instance.

From what I've read from some political strategists, there's data that shows big national interviews don't really accomplish much or help a candidate. Interviews with local stations help with engagement, which the campaign did say they will be scheduling more of post debate.

I don't think keeping her off national TV and talk shows is being done to hide her, the belief is that it doesn't really help and has more potential to hurt.
That's what I just heard some pundits saying, and I disagree. That's what I was saying about the idea of trying to pitch no-hit ball. She should absolutely do the local stations, and from what I heard she also has plans to do a bunch of non-traditional media (Watch for Kamala on "Hot Ones" coming soon!), but as much they can poo-poo it, the traditional media still gets watched and shared more and to broader audience than just podcasts and web-shows. I get targeting audiences, but she has to appeal nationally as well. What I heard someone say was "yeah, the CNN interview was scene by 6.6 million, but the next interview won't be the same level of event." Hogwash. Her next interview will be the first major interview on her own since announcing. She needs to at least do one, if not two. And why the heck would she be afraid of Fallon?
Old 09-13-2024, 01:34 PM   #4138
GrantDawg

Quote:
I think it's that she has the Biden campaign team running her campaign and they believed in hiding the candidate. That was probably the right strategy with Biden, but it shouldn't be with Harris. Especially when you're trying to make this campaign "normal vs weird". She should really do a bunch of stuff that shows she is normal.

What confuses me about the approach is Obama ran a masterful campaign in 2008 (and even in 2012 to an extent) doing this. He was doing Bill Simmons podcast, calling in to local radio stations, went on SNL, etc. He talked sports, TV shows, and raising daughters. It made him very relatable regardless of your political views. He came across like your friendly neighbor.

That's what the Harris campaign should be doing. Walz should be talking about coaching high school football on Rich Eisen's show. Harris should be doing shows/podcasts talking about raising stepkids, her favorite movies, and what her go to snacks are. It's softball shit but reaches a lot of people and shows they are normal. It's something Trump and Vance can't do because they're inherently weird and socially off-putting.

They're still getting torched with young voters that they need and have to step outside the traditional bubble that only boomers see. Trump is doing Logan Paul and other shows to target that demo.

That is exactly what they are planning, and I agree with that. But again, you need to do some old school traditional media as well. Young people may not watch CNN, but I guarantee they watch the shared cuts on Tik Tok and Istagram all the time. Target young people, but they still need to hit beyond select groups.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 09-13-2024 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2024, 02:30 PM   #4139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Supposedly at a Tim Walz rally today the crowd was chanting "we're not eating cats"

lol.
Old 09-13-2024, 02:41 PM   #4140
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

They should go back to the "They're weird". It unhinged them so much that they kept trying to prove how un-weird they were, (and yes, they were very weird in doing so)
Old 09-13-2024, 02:56 PM   #4141
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That is exactly what they are planning, and I agree with that. But again, you need to do some old school traditional media as well. Young people may not watch CNN, but I guarantee they watch the shared cuts on Tik Tok and Istagram all the time. Target young people, but they still need to hit beyond select groups.

Yeah, you do a mix of everything. Credit where credit is due, their TikTok is incredibly well done and gets massive engagement.
Old 09-13-2024, 03:22 PM   #4142
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Dan Quayle misspelled a word. Never lived it down.
Howard Dean yelled weird. Never lived it down.

It’s crazy how quickly we cycle through things that would have been career-ending a generation ago.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 04:39 PM   #4143
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Dan Quayle misspelled a word. Never lived it down.
Howard Dean yelled weird. Never lived it down.

It’s crazy how quickly we cycle through things that would have been career-ending a generation ago.

Trump's flying around with a 31 year old, hugging her, holding her, flirting with her in public, being open that she was the first person he asked to see after he got shot, and it's not getting coverage.

If that were Harris and a guy that wasn't her husband, her campaign would be over.
Old 09-13-2024, 04:48 PM   #4144
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

She's staying at Mar-a-Lago according to her.
Old 09-13-2024, 05:56 PM   #4145
GrantDawg

Harris did an interview with a Channel 6 Philly anchor tonight.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2024, 06:05 PM   #4146
GrantDawg

Trump promised today that if he wins, he is deporting all the Hatians in Springfield to Venezula.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2024, 06:57 PM   #4147
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I have a neighbor who I am facebook friends with who seemed normal enough and has just exposed herself as a maniac. She posted she couldn't believe the Haitians eating cats claim so she had to do her own research. so she took to Twitter and found proof from accounts who will tell us the real truth. Highlighted by the thoroughly debunked story about the lady from Canton. She goes on to claim Trump always tells the truth, he just does it in a way that makes him sound crazy and the media then makes him look bad. She claims you can't trust the media nor the mayor, governor, town manager, etc...and the real truth is buried on Twitter exposed by people brave enough to fight the machine. A few people have tried to reason with her to no avail, the possibility she is being lied to just doesn't exist.

This is how this shit works, and it is scary there are tens of millions of people who fall for it.

I really don't like being facebook friends with neighbors for this very reason. I'd rather have plausible deniability on why I like you.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 07:16 PM   #4148
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I think this quote really gets to the crux of the issue more than any other. RM's advocacy for ending the war is admirable, but there is definitely a strong whiff of schadenfreude that emanates from his posts.

Agreed. He's a victim of his own passions, and like trumps followers they love to be miserable. Go back and read the 2020 election thread. He was the most miserable sob around, and never knows when to take a W or accept a L.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2024, 05:54 AM   #4149
Edward64
Head Coach

MTG + Lindsey Graham + Kellyanne vs Loomer.

Article doesn't actually say Kellyanne is working against Loomer, but you gotta figure she is. Will be entertaining to see how this plays out. Hope Kamala comes out with some ads on Loomer and the dysfunction.

https://www.ibtimes.com/lindsey-grah...loomer-3743183
Quote:
Loomer, 31, a self-described "proud Islamaphobe" who has called the attacks on Sept. 11, 2001, an "inside job," set off a firestorm of controversy earlier this week when she attacked the vice president's Indian ancestry in a posting on X.

"If @KamalaHarris wins, the White House will smell like curry & White House speeches will be facilitated via a call center and the American people will only be able to convey their feedback through a customer satisfaction survey at the end of the call that nobody will understand," Loomer wrote.

Graham, an ally to the former president, called for Trump, 78, to separate himself from Loomer's toxic rhetoric.

"We have policy disagreements but ... I mean, she actually called for Kellyanne Conway's daughter to hang herself," the South Carolina Republican told HuffPost. "I don't know how this all happened, but, no, I don't think it's helpful. I don't think it's helpful at all."

"I think what [Loomer] said about Kamala Harris and the White House is abhorrent, but it's deeper than that," he continued.

"I mean, you know, some of the things she's said about Republicans and others is disturbing. I mean, to call for someone's daughter to hang themselves. Yeah, no, I think that the president would serve himself well to make sure this doesn't become a bigger story," Graham said.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, a Republican from Georgia who has been embroiled in a bitter feud with Loomer since last year, said the provocateur's posting about Harris doesn't work for the MAGA crowd and called for her to remove it from social media.

"This is appalling and extremely racist. It does not represent who we are as Republicans or MAGA. This does not represent President Trump. This type of behavior should not be tolerated ever," she said.

Loomer responded by calling Greene a "raging anti semite."

Graham said he sides with Greene.
Old 09-14-2024, 06:38 AM   #4150
Thomkal
Head Coach

graham didn't have a problem with the calls for Mike pence to be hung on jan 6, but now he does?