Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-06-2016, 10:36 PM   #4051
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
What? You're too good to have Steam installed on your phone???

Heh. I do have it, but I'm a stickler about allowing push notifications, so...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #4052
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Just bought Order of Battle: Pacific. I've only gone through some of the tutorial so far, but it was a "Panzer Corp" feel to it. It has two DLC out too. The main game, from the looks of it, covers the naval battles, 1st DLC is about Japan's land war in China and the 2nd DLC is about the US Marines and their fight to take the islands. Looks really promising so far.

Order of Battle is now "free to play" which has the "boot camp" scenarios to let you get comfortable with the game (tutorial). Then you can play the first scenario of each DLC and purchase each DLC as you choose.

Thoroughly enjoying it thus far. I'm trying to decide on the first DLC to buy and I'm leaning on the US Marines since that was my branch of service.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:01 AM   #4053
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
What? You're too good to have Steam installed on your phone???

I object to having to install Steam on my phone, my phone is for Amazon music, a podcast thing, and nothing else. Not being able to sell things on the community market because I wont install the Steam mobile authenticator on my phone really grinds my gears.

I wish I knew how to quit you, Steam.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #4054
cuervo72
Head Coach

Just bought the Cinemaware Anthology for $1.49. Woo.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #4055
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Grim Flayer
Eldritch Evolution
Liliana, the Last Hope
Mind’s Dilation
Collective Effort

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 07-29-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 11:25 PM   #4056
Groundhog
Coordinator

Gears of War dev on Steam & Windows:

Quote:
"Slowly, over the next five years, they will force-patch Windows 10 to make Steam progressively worse and more broken. They'll never completely break it, but will continue to break it until, in five years, people are so fed up that Steam is buggy that the Windows Store seem like an ideal alternative. That's exactly what they did to their previous competitors in other areas. Now they're doing it to Steam. It's only just starting to become visible. Microsoft might not be competent enough to succeed with their plan but they are certainly trying," Sweeney said. He adds the outcome of this would be forcing every app and game to be sold through the Windows Store alone. "If they can succeed in doing that then it's a small leap to forcing all apps and games to be distributed through the Windows store. Once we reach that point, the PC has become a closed platform. It won't be that one day they flip a switch that will break your Steam library -- what they're trying to do is a series of sneaky manoeuvres. They make it more and more inconvenient to use the old apps, and, simultaneously, they try to become the only source for the new ones," he claims.

I'd think he was being paranoid if not having seen the same thing taking place in all the other digital markets too over the past however many years. Serious potential here for Microsoft to hurt Windows' market share rather than boost their profits, IMO.
Old 08-08-2016, 09:13 AM   #4057
Thomkal
Head Coach

Bethesda has a 50% off sale on most titles, not sure for how much longer today. This includes Doom and Fallout 4.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #4058
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Call to Arms is 80% off - not bad for an EA title and I'm a sucker for war games.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:53 PM   #4059
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

This is the Police is kind of a fun game if you like management style games. You basically control a police force.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:13 PM   #4060
tarcone
Coordinator

Bought Stronghold. Playing the tutorial and I have no idea what Im dong. Built the only things they would let me. And I am losing my popularity.

Not sure how to play.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:53 PM   #4061
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

the peasants LOATHE you, milord
Old 08-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #4062
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone get the EA release of Book of Demons? Watched a few LP's and it looks pretty fun.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #4063
Critch
lolzcat

Not a bad Humble Bundle. Tharsis, Rust, Savage Lands, Space Engineers and Shelter 2 for $6

https://www.humblebundle.com/survive-this-bundle
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #4064
PilotMan
Head Coach

Pro Strategy Football 2016 on Steam

Pro Strategy Football is going LIVE on Steam!

Go Kerry!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:31 PM   #4065
Mota
College Benchwarmer

From that intro video, it looks like the game was designed for iPhone screens. Is that the case?
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #4066
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think when he first started re-writing the game that his first platform was iOS. But it's grown much more complicated than it's original iteration.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:42 PM   #4067
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Master of Orion is out of EA, so far it's getting slightly better reviews than stellaris.

I'll probably get this once I replace my video card since I'm a sucker for space 4x games.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:47 PM   #4068
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Master of Orion is out of EA, so far it's getting slightly better reviews than stellaris.

I'll probably get this once I replace my video card since I'm a sucker for space 4x games.

I purchased it via EA... been awhile since I played it.. going to dig into it next week.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 08-25-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:21 PM   #4069
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Steam has a Paradox sale going on - great chance to pick up some really good games if you don't have them!
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #4070
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Being a Myst and Riven fan, I picked up Obduction and it brings back those old memories of the previous games. Fantastic thus far and in 6 hours I don't feel like I've accomplished much.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:19 PM   #4071
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Anyone play Project Highrise? Fun sim type game where you build a highrise and manage it.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:29 AM   #4072
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Anyone play Project Highrise? Fun sim type game where you build a highrise and manage it.
It's definitely on my list but I'm so hooked on Grim Dawn now.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:45 AM   #4073
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Endless Space 2 goes into EA 10/6, I'm so excited!!

Old 10-01-2016, 01:18 PM   #4074
mckerney
Coordinator

Endless Space 2 EA the day before Civ 6 releases, what a month for strategy!

EDIT: Nevermind, I must have gotten Civ 6 confused with Mafia 3, Civ releases later in the month on the 21st.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-01-2016 at 01:27 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #4075
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Amplitude is one of my favorite developers.. so I expect nothing but greatness from ES 2 and I'm really happy I'm on vacation the next two weeks!
Old 10-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #4076
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Endless Legend DLC "Tempest" released.. very cool new seafaring faction!
Old 10-17-2016, 12:00 AM   #4077
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Kerbal Space Program is 40% off, $23.99, for another 36 hours.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:13 AM   #4078
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

A quick search found no mention of the game on this forum so I thought I would tell you guys about the game Moirai. It is free and takes 10 minutes to play, at the most. Don't research the game or read any reviews, it might ruin your experience. It has a really unique little twist to it. Go download it on steam and play it.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 12:51 PM   #4079
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I know I'm going to blow money on Civ, but I got a notice that Starters Order's 6 is on sale on steam. I know we have a few horseracing people here, anyone have that one?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM   #4080
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I know I'm going to blow money on Civ, but I got a notice that Starters Order's 6 is on sale on steam. I know we have a few horseracing people here, anyone have that one?

I enjoy it. 6 requires a little better graphics than the previous versions. My first version was 5 and I can play it very well on my non gaming laptop, but need my gaming machine for 6. There are a few let's play videos out there as well if you want to check it out. Worth the purchase though if you want to scratch that horse racing itch.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #4081
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
A quick search found no mention of the game on this forum so I thought I would tell you guys about the game Moirai. It is free and takes 10 minutes to play, at the most. Don't research the game or read any reviews, it might ruin your experience. It has a really unique little twist to it. Go download it on steam and play it.

Also, I checked this out. Interesting.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 08:09 AM   #4082
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I picked it up because of the sale. To me, it's essentially the same game as SO4 (I didn't get 5) with nicer graphics. (Go to the SO forums and get the Start It US mod.) The UI is still clunky to me, and the game flavour is still UK due to its roots (head lad, stone, distances not in furlongs, etc.). There are some notable improvements like sex-specific horse names, more silks, transport costs, and some other things. I haven't gotten to the breeding part, but if it's like previous versions, it's not that sophisticated. From what I understand from path12 and possibly QuikSand, The Racing Breed did a better job of that. The game has multiple resolutions, but doesn't seem to scale text size as well as I would like. Using my monitor's native 1920x1080 rez the text is too small for my eyes, imo. I wind up using 1280x720 to keep the 16:9 ratio and it's ok but not ideal. I might try changing the DPI, but that probably will make things worse and not worth the effort.

There are some bugs, so save early, save often. I wouldn't pay full price, but I'm sure that I will get my $22 worth.

Last edited by weegeebored : 10-22-2016 at 08:21 AM. Reason: added info
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:11 PM   #4083
chinaski
College Prospect

Looks like GTA V is finally on sale, at 40% off.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:46 PM   #4085
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Who's getting Obsidian's next old school RPG, "Tyranny" on Nov 10th?
Old 10-31-2016, 07:25 PM   #4086
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

I enjoyed Pillars but never finished it. Might give this a shot.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #4087
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not on November 10th because I'm hooked on so many great games right now (Civ 6, NBA 2k17, among others) but I loved Pillars of Eternity and I'm sure I will pick it up at some point in the future.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #4088
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Yup
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #4089
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Not on November 10th because I'm hooked on so many great games right now (Civ 6, NBA 2k17, among others) but I loved Pillars of Eternity and I'm sure I will pick it up at some point in the future.

I have such a backlog too.. but I watched the twitch stream and it's really pegged my hype needle.

Tyranny's take on evil isn't just nuanced, it's disturbing | PCGamesN (may contain spoilers)

Quote:
When our moral compass points to absolutes, we're forced to make decisions that can negatively impact not just our own lives but the lives of the people around us. But at what point does that pressure begin to bend the compass needle? Even though I can't wait to play more, Tyranny's take on evil troubles me because it mirrors reality alarmingly well. When you sit down to play a fantasy RPG, the last thing you expect is to be reminded of the issues plaguing the real world. In that sense, Tyranny might just end up being the most politically relevant game of this year. Not because it has an agenda to push but because it has a disturbing understanding of the concessions we're willing to make when standing up for what's right demands sacrifices. Like a beloved relative spouting racial slurs while we quietly avert our eyes and say nothing, doing the right thing in Tyranny is complicated.
Old 11-01-2016, 12:24 AM   #4090
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post

I'm in the same boat, have barely touched FM and haven't even installed Deus Ex yet, but this one looks really intriguing. Think it's going to have to be a day one purchase, thanks again FOFC
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 05:36 AM   #4091
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Having Tyranny and Dishonored 2 come out a day apart - ugh. Plus Civ 6 still blazing away - going to be some tough choices.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:33 AM   #4092
DirkGildun
n00b

Does anyone here use an Arris SBG6782-AC modem/router? If so and you can get to Steam with a Firewall Protection Level of "High", what Port Forwarding and/or Port Trigger settings do you use?

No matter what values I put in (based on everything I have found on the Internet), I cannot connect with Steam. However, I can connect if I change the Protection Level to "Low", which I don't want to do for any significant period of time (only to update Steam or my Steam games).

I'm tired of playing all my Steam games offline. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
DirkGildun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:46 AM   #4093
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

You've tried these?

Required Ports for Steam - Network/Connection Issues - Knowledge Base - Steam Support

Can do it via:

How to open a port on the Motorola SBG6782-AC
Old 11-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #4094
DirkGildun
n00b

Yes, I've been to both of those sites and tried what they offered, but I still couldn't connect with Steam.

And the actual documentation for the router doesn't even mention their Port Forwarding screen, let alone how to use it!
Old 11-08-2016, 03:28 PM   #4095
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quill19 with a first look at Tyranny. It will be spoilery, so don't watch if you don't want to know stuff:

Let's Try: Tyranny - Part 1 of 2 [Spoiler Warning: Sometimes, Evil Wins] - YouTube
Old 11-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #4096
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkGildun View Post
Yes, I've been to both of those sites and tried what they offered, but I still couldn't connect with Steam.

And the actual documentation for the router doesn't even mention their Port Forwarding screen, let alone how to use it!

Have you tried the Medium setting?

People might disagree but I don't think there is a big issue with leaving it on Low if this is just for home use. If your OS is updated and you're running something like MalwareBytes, you're going to be fine. I'm reading through the firewall settings right now and it just seems like massive overkill for a home.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #4097
DirkGildun
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Have you tried the Medium setting?

People might disagree but I don't think there is a big issue with leaving it on Low if this is just for home use. If your OS is updated and you're running something like MalwareBytes, you're going to be fine. I'm reading through the firewall settings right now and it just seems like massive overkill for a home.

I just tried Medium, and it doesn't work either -- just Low and Off (obviously).

I'm thinking there must be something obvious that I'm missing. I know I had to make some changes to my old Motorola modem/router (replaced by this Arris one 2 years ago) to get it to work with Steam, but, unfortunately, I didn't write down what I did at the time.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 AM   #4098
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Quill19 with a first look at Tyranny. It will be spoilery, so don't watch if you don't want to know stuff:

Let's Try: Tyranny - Part 1 of 2 [Spoiler Warning: Sometimes, Evil Wins] - YouTube

I'm hoping it's released at midnight! Not going to watch as the first part of the game sets up how the game plays.
Old 11-16-2016, 06:01 PM   #4099
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

On Tyranny, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I've lost twice(using an admittedly somewhat difficult setup, at least for early game/combat, on Hard/Expert Mode/Trial of Iron). I think the writing is pretty strong for the most part that I've seen, and that's important for me.

FWIW though, Paradox forums are filled right now with Pillars of Eternity people(admittedly I didn't play that, though I've heard it's good) getting their fanboi exercised with all manner of 'was this even playtested' and 'it's too short' and 'stuff that's worse than PoE', etc.

I think they are missing an interesting game, but maybe I'll feel differently once I've completed a playthrough.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-16-2016 at 06:01 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:46 PM   #4100
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I think it's way more accessible that PoE, at least for me.