Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #4051
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I think I want to switch banks.
But there are so many things tied to my current bank, it's going to be very difficult. I'm so fed up with my current bank.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #4052
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Am I the only person who finds it amusing that people, given the general geekiness level here, are giving DT shit for going out with a Hobbit?

Did she have hair on her feet?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #4053
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

this is one of the reasons why I enjoy reading Slash's status updates on FB. He seems like a pretty cool dude...

FM
Attached Images
File Type: gif slash.gif (3.4 KB, 233 views)
Old 05-12-2011, 12:25 PM   #4054
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Had White Castle late last night. Wow does my stomach feel fucked right now. If you could synthesize the fart I just made, we wouldn't need waterboarding

Since beginning the pile of antibiotics the doctor put me on yesterday the flatulence emitting from my bottom has been rather impressive. My pee is kinda a burn-orange too.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #4055
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Roto-tilled a garden into my back yard today. Ton of work, but hopefully it will be worth it. My dad's tiller is from like 1983. Still works like a champ. No way one you'd buy today would last 20 some years.

My parents still have my dad's parents refrigerator from the 40's.
It's been painted like 4 times, I remember it being orange, white (apparently was white originally) and now gray.

Still running, and the added bonus of my dad having added a tap on the side, and it being wide enough to hold a full keg.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #4056
JediKooter
Coordinator

Hey, one of those fridges saved Indiana Jones' life.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #4057
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Can someone make me understand how I have purchased a plane ticket, yet when I go online to select my seat it says all seats for assignment have been taken. Yeah, umm, what about the one I paid for?

Also, F you continental for charging $69 more for an exit row seat.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:59 PM   #4058
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Can someone make me understand how I have purchased a plane ticket, yet when I go online to select my seat it says all seats for assignment have been taken. Yeah, umm, what about the one I paid for?

Also, F you continental for charging $69 more for an exit row seat.

Prepare for the possibility of getting bumped (and hold out/bargain for $800ish in vouchers if you are).

I had a non-stop reserved seat once with United, and because of a schedule change, they switched it without telling me to a new itinerary with 1 stop, and no reserved seat. Fortunately I noticed before day of travel and called - they got really pissed at me that I wanted to be switched to a flight that still had actual guaranteed seats available (since that's what I had paid for), and at some point they told me "not to call back". Those were some grumpy Indians.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #4059
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Prepare for the possibility of getting bumped (and hold out/bargain for $800ish in vouchers if you are).

Not gonna happen. Flying home to be with my Dad who is having heart surgery. Bought the ticket over a month ago, so no way the flight was full.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:07 PM   #4060
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

If I was you I'd call the airline and explain that to them as you request a seat assignment, so if they are going to bump people they bump someone else...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-12-2011 at 02:07 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #4061
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I always book online, and I always choose my seats at the time of purchase. Then, a couple of days before or as I check in online 24 hours in advance, I check the seat assignments again to see if anything better has opened up and either stick with my original seats or change them. At no point do I buy a ticket on a flight where I haven't picked a seat before I pay. I've had the "stand by" seats offered to me in the past (without telling me, of course) and only figured it out when I went to pick seats and none were available.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:16 PM   #4062
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I was never given the option when I bought online.

I have flown literally hundreds of times and don't recall ever happening.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:23 PM   #4063
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I was never given the option when I bought online.

I have flown literally hundreds of times and don't recall ever happening.

United and Delta definitely let you pick your seats (if there's any still available - I'm not sure exactly how many seats airlines assign per flight but they still overbook). Southwest of course has their cattle call, and if you buy through Orbitz/Travelocity/Priceline, etc, I think you have to (sometimes) go seperately through the airline websites with your confirmation # to pick out assigned seats. And I don't know this for sure, but I've always suspected that buying through Orbitz/Travelocity/ect dumps you more easily into an airline's category of "unassigned seats". Though I'm sure in this instance, no matter what the deal is, a phone call about the circumstances will guarantee a seat - I'm sure this is a fairly common issue.

Last edited by molson : 05-12-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #4064
Ksyrup

I fly Delta almost 100% of the time, so I guess that's why. When no seats come up, that's how I know I'd be buying an overbooked flight, and I go find another one.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #4065
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Hey, one of those fridges saved Indiana Jones' life.

I've seen all 3 Indy films many times, and don't recall such an event.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #4066
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I fly Delta almost 100% of the time, so I guess that's why. When no seats come up, that's how I know I'd be buying an overbooked flight, and I go find another one.

I flew Delta pretty much exclusively in law school, and when I was flying home for spring break or Christmas I used to pick those "no seat" flights specifically for the voucher possibilities. One time I volunteered to be bumped several times over a couple of days and ended up with $1,200 - sure, I had to spend a couple of days in Cincinnati, but it was worth it. I dumped Delta when they neutered the skymiles program a few years back, and it's true that on other airlines, not having an assigned seat isn't necessarily as much of a red flag, but I still have that habit that you do.

Last edited by molson : 05-12-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:37 PM   #4067
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

booked directly through the Continental website, I wonder if it is because I used a credit.

Tried calling them and was told it would be a 30 minute wait, fuckers.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:18 PM   #4068
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I've seen all 3 Indy films many times, and don't recall such an event.

No there's...hey, wait a minute, I see what you did there.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 05-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #4069
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
If I was you I'd call the airline and explain that to them as you request a seat assignment, so if they are going to bump people they bump someone else...

What DT said. Given the importance of the flight, better to spend some time fixing a potential problem now than to have it turn into a major crisis later. Might be fine, but it's got big red flag all over it to me.

edit to add: Some Googling turns up a number of stories (circa 2009) about how badly screwed up Continental's online seat reservation system is, some resolved simply while others turned into total nightmares. If you're inside the 24 hour window for your flight but still can't get a seat assignment, I'd definitely sit through the hold time.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-12-2011 at 03:41 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #4070
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I ma not yet but will be soon. I am going to call on my commute home when I have nothing better to do anyway.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #4071
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Just explain to them that your forum title is "Favored Bitch #1" and that therefore you expect to be treated like a favorite.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:05 PM   #4072
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #4073
JediKooter
Coordinator

I've worked on cars before but I've never had to deal with this...

I was driving home last night and I started to smell, what seemed like hot coolant. I wasn't far from home and was getting ready to take the next exit when I looked at my oil pressure gauge and it went from normal, all the way to nothing and then jumped back up to normal. I had to stop at a light and my oil pressure gauge dropped back to nothing again and then back to normal. It did that the rest of the way home.

When I parked, I looked for any smoke (didn't see any) and couldn't smell anything either. It was dark, so popping the hood and taking a look would not have been much help. I've never experienced this before and really have no clue as to what could cause the oil pressure gauge to do that. I did look some stuff up on line and it sounds like it could possibly be my oil pump.

Has anyone ever had to install an oil pump and if so, how big of a pain in the ass was it?

Old 05-14-2011, 03:11 AM   #4074
Suicane75
Coordinator

I hope this other chick in the Rhonda Shear bra infomercial is not Sissy Biggers cause Sissy Biggers was hot. Whoever it is is in dire need of a sandwich though and if these are her friends then they need to tell her that cause she's frightening.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #4075
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Has anyone ever had to install an oil pump and if so, how big of a pain in the ass was it?

Depends on the car.. I think if you can get the oil pan off without lifting the engine out it will be easier.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #4076
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I can't get the "Blue Waffle" image out of my head...s;ljfskdfja;jf;askjasjsfjaslk
Old 05-14-2011, 09:37 PM   #4077
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Great headline...

BBC News - Blue tits make nest in a Cambridgeshire ashtray
Old 05-15-2011, 01:12 AM   #4078
TLK
Pro Starter

Was Alanis Morrissette ever considered hot?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 01:59 AM   #4079
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Was Alanis Morrissette ever considered hot?

Probably on some planet somewhere but as for the straight male population of Earth, generally speaking I believe that's gonna be a "no".
Old 05-15-2011, 02:52 AM   #4080
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I'm frustrated... Talked to my 18 year old daughter tonight. Is she going to graduate high school in two weeks? "It, um, doesn't look good." Ok, what's plan B? "Uh, haven't thought of a plan B yet."

Then to top it off I was asking about when she goes to art school this fall... Is her mother going to just keep her car at home? No. "I'll need the car at school. Well, not on campus, but to go buy groceries and stuff because I am a special needs student." WHAT??? SPECIAL NEEDS??? She claims to be allergic to chocolate, lactose & high-fructose corn syrup! Is she? I guess so, because if she had any she'd take a couple weeks off from school due to illness. Thank god she would be well enough to go to birthday parties & modeling classes though.

The thing that kills me is she's so damn thin skinned that if I even raise any question about anything she goes crying to her mother that I'm mean to her, then I catch hell. I have to keep my mouth shut or I'll get the full blame for her not graduating on time.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #4081
molson
General Manager

I've never had a Dr. Pepper before, but I think today's the day. I bought one at the supermarket and its sitting in my fridge. I don't know what it was - maybe the commercials, maybe a bunch of people around me lately saying how much they like it.....but I'm taking the plunge.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #4082
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

2 words: Duck bacon.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #4083
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I'm frustrated... Talked to my 18 year old daughter tonight. Is she going to graduate high school in two weeks? "It, um, doesn't look good." Ok, what's plan B? "Uh, haven't thought of a plan B yet."

Then to top it off I was asking about when she goes to art school this fall... Is her mother going to just keep her car at home? No. "I'll need the car at school. Well, not on campus, but to go buy groceries and stuff because I am a special needs student." WHAT??? SPECIAL NEEDS??? She claims to be allergic to chocolate, lactose & high-fructose corn syrup! Is she? I guess so, because if she had any she'd take a couple weeks off from school due to illness. Thank god she would be well enough to go to birthday parties & modeling classes though.

The thing that kills me is she's so damn thin skinned that if I even raise any question about anything she goes crying to her mother that I'm mean to her, then I catch hell. I have to keep my mouth shut or I'll get the full blame for her not graduating on time.

Would her not graduating mean she doesn't go to art school in the fall?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #4084
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post

I feel for you because I'll be damned if I can figure out 18 year olds. She's not even my daughter, but the girl I've mentioned before had an absolute break down on me the other day because Navy boy turned out to be a player. We are talking sobs on the shoulder break down. He basically had a navy buddy write his dear john letter and used many explectives and said he picked someone else. Now, of course, he's saying he knew nothing about the letter. She's trying to rationalize this but saying she'll stay away but I'm not totally convinced. Yesterday I did her prom pics along with some other seniors u know, today in getting ignored by asking about how her night went. Frustrating. Can't wait full by real daughter is this age. I'd like to think id have it figured out by then, but teenagers are way too unpredictable.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:04 PM   #4085
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Would her not graduating mean she doesn't go to art school in the fall?

Probably not. It likely just means summer school & getting the degree before going in the fall. It's not like they have any academic standards there... I think 2.0 is all it requires (the school she was big on last year at this time is a bit higher academically, so she went with the one she wouldn't have to raise her GPA for.)

I'm actually ok with her failing. I hope it teaches her a lesson. Wish her mother didn't go about begging teachers to pass her & paying for her to take make-up classes for credits when she blew classes (nothing like constantly bailing your kid out to teach them responsibility,) but it is what it is.

It keeps irking me that everything is somebody else's fault. Why are you failing a class? "The teacher didn't like me." There's always an excuse.

She & her mother are expecting me to pay half of her college tuition & expenses. I see a rude awakening coming on their part, as I'm looking at quitting both of my jobs, moving & getting set up to go back to school myself.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #4086
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I'd like to think id have it figured out by then, but teenagers are way too unpredictable.

I dunno, I think what you've described here is fairly safe to predict. Abnormality is normal kind of thing.

There's probably a good song parody in turning Teenage Frankenstein into Teenage Dramaqueen but I'm too tired to take a crack at it myself.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 05-15-2011 at 06:42 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #4087
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Dong on Game of Thrones tonight for Pumpy...
Old 05-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #4088
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I feel for you because I'll be damned if I can figure out 18 year olds. She's not even my daughter, but the girl I've mentioned before had an absolute break down on me the other day because Navy boy turned out to be a player. We are talking sobs on the shoulder break down. He basically had a navy buddy write his dear john letter and used many explectives and said he picked someone else. Now, of course, he's saying he knew nothing about the letter. She's trying to rationalize this but saying she'll stay away but I'm not totally convinced. Yesterday I did her prom pics along with some other seniors u know, today in getting ignored by asking about how her night went. Frustrating. Can't wait full by real daughter is this age. I'd like to think id have it figured out by then, but teenagers are way too unpredictable.

Tell her 'ol Jedikoot ain't no playa, employed and I don't live with my parents.

Old 05-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #4089
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Over the weekend, I was browsing the Amazon website and was looking into the Motorola Xoom tablet. I got an email last night from Amazon saying folks who are interested in tablets have been buying the Xoom. But they can't show the price. You have to click on it to see it. Now it is normally $599. So what is the great discount price? How about $598. One freakin' dollar
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #4090
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Little frustrated....since the separation I have been without a car, not a big deal since I really only go to the airport.

Was going to buy a cheap car. I found a Rodeo, put the money on it, went to pass inspection and it failed because of a bent frame....it is no good.

I bought it from a dealer so I am not concerned, I am able to get my money back, but I was hoping for the Rodeo. He has a Maxima I am going to look at tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #4091
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Think I'd prefer the Maxima anyways, I hear those are nice cars. Though I'm not much into trucks/SUVs.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:04 AM   #4092
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Rodeos in general are a POS car. Lots of problems from various folks Ive known to have the unfortunate luck of owning one.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #4093
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Rodeos in general are a POS car. Lots of problems from various folks Ive known to have the unfortunate luck of owning one.

I had one back in 99...thing was great. Ran quite well....the only reason it's not around anymore was the fact of us being t-boned by a drunk driver.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:40 AM   #4094
Telle
College Starter

My little boy (four and a half years old) has his first fracture. Whacked his hand hard on a chair yesterday while playing musical chairs at school. This is his second accident at school in as many weeks. Last time he tripped over another kid on the playground and landed on a stair with his face.. got a fat lip and bruised gums from that incident.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #4095
MrBug708
Head Coach

I love the HGTV channel. This home hunting shows are great!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 AM   #4096
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I love the HGTV channel. This home hunting shows are great!

I totally don't get the popularity of these (which do surprisingly good numbers with men btw).

There is no more hellish/stressful/nightmarish experience in my life than buying property (some equal, none worse). Watching those for more than few minutes of amusement at the occasionally clueless would-be buyer conjures those nightmares, I truly don't get how anyone stands them for much more than the UIC value.

FTR, this isn't so much directed at you as it is my wife, who watches the hell out of these things.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #4097
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

A woman just walked by while playing with her cell phone. Just as she got to my cubicle, the phone flew out of her hand and landed right under my chair. She rushed in, sheepishly apologized, and proceeded the crawl under my chair without even waiting for me to get up or move out of the way. Ah, yes, the old "throw the cell phone under Pumpy's chair" trick again. Story of my life.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #4098
Autumn
Head Coach

She must have been hoping it was Commando Wednesday in Pumpyville.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #4099
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I totally don't get the popularity of these (which do surprisingly good numbers with men btw).

There is no more hellish/stressful/nightmarish experience in my life than buying property (some equal, none worse). Watching those for more than few minutes of amusement at the occasionally clueless would-be buyer conjures those nightmares, I truly don't get how anyone stands them for much more than the UIC value.

FTR, this isn't so much directed at you as it is my wife, who watches the hell out of these things.

I don't watch this channel at all (mainly because I am mechanically challenged and don't have a shred of interest in any of it), but given the problems we're having with our house, I've had 3-4 people suggest that we'd be the perfect candidate for Holmes on Homes. So I checked, and unfortunately, they aren't casting for his show right now. But I could use a deal on what looks to be a mid-5 figure re-construction job.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 AM   #4100
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy
A woman just walked by while playing with her cell phone. Just as she got to my cubicle, the phone flew out of her hand and landed right under my chair. She rushed in, sheepishly apologized, and proceeded the crawl under my chair without even waiting for me to get up or move out of the way. Ah, yes, the old "throw the cell phone under Pumpy's chair" trick again. Story of my life.

Were you wearing your kilt today?

Last edited by JediKooter : 05-18-2011 at 11:43 AM.