Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #3951
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Looking to buy a pair of headphones for sub-$100. I've got the list down to the Grado SR80i or the Sennheiser HD555's. Anybody have any experience with either? More specifically, the SR80's?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #3952
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I bought the SR80i's but I didn't like how they felt on my head. I felt like they were "tight" almost, like the band didn't work for me.

I gave up on them and didn't buy another set of cans until I was "forced" to at the airport in Alaska prior to our 7 a.m. flight...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #3953
StLee
High School Varsity

My wife and I have been working out hard to try to induce labor. After two-and-a-half hours of walking last night, I am tired and sore. Come out, baby!!! (BTW, she's due May 11.)

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #3954
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
I am tired and sore.

You should tell your wife that. You will get a lot of sympathy.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #3955
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Uh... There's other more fun ways of inducing labor. Probably the last you will get for 6 weeks too.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #3956
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Uh... There's other more fun ways of inducing labor. Probably the last you will get for 6 months too.

Fixed
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #3957
StLee
High School Varsity

Doing that, too! Nothing works. I should have stated earlier: "we are tired and sore"

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #3958
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I am a Tough Mudder
Old 05-08-2011, 11:57 AM   #3959
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

When working overnight on Sunday morning I tune in to a channel at a certain time that has a church program. I watch with the sound off because one of the featured singers is simply yummy.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #3960
MJ4H
Coordinator

lol
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 02:19 PM   #3961
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Doing that, too! Nothing works. I should have stated earlier: "we are tired and sore"

Thai curry. Before that, make sure your bags are packed and if she wants an epidural you get her to the hospital right away when contractions start up. Good luck.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #3962
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Just to confirm, you are sore from the walking, right?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #3963
Suicane75
Coordinator

Do you think babies whose dads had sex with their moms while pregnant are more prone to believe in dragons or the Loch Ness monster? I do.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #3964
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I need to learn how to take audio from a YouTube clip and save it as an mp3. Joe Abercrombie did an interview with George R.R. Martin but I have no patience for YouTube, nor do I really feel like watching it (only listening).

On a related topic, I think I must be one of the only people in the world that really doesn't like YouTube or streaming videos in general.

/tk
Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #3965
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
On a related topic, I think I must be one of the only people in the world that really doesn't like YouTube or streaming videos in general./tk

I'm pretty sure it's a minority but rest assured you are not entirely alone.

Kind of oddly though, music clips don't annoy me the way other stuff tends to. I wonder if that's some weird child-of-the-birth-of-MTV-era thing for me?
Old 05-08-2011, 09:23 PM   #3966
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
I need to learn how to take audio from a YouTube clip and save it as an mp3. Joe Abercrombie did an interview with George R.R. Martin but I have no patience for YouTube, nor do I really feel like watching it (only listening).

Here you go: http://www.video2mp3.net/
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 10:55 PM   #3967
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a minority but rest assured you are not entirely alone.

Kind of oddly though, music clips don't annoy me the way other stuff tends to. I wonder if that's some weird child-of-the-birth-of-MTV-era thing for me?

Actually, that's how I use YouTube, as a video jukebox. And the video part is basically incidental. I'll hear something on the radio that I like and want to hear again, then I'll search for it on YouTube. I don't care if it's a video, audio set to still pictures, or audio with a video of a spinning turntable. Just let me put a song on in the background while I focus on some other tab/window and I'm happy.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:31 AM   #3968
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Actually, that's how I use YouTube, as a video jukebox. And the video part is basically incidental. I'll hear something on the radio that I like and want to hear again, then I'll search for it on YouTube. I don't care if it's a video, audio set to still pictures, or audio with a video of a spinning turntable. Just let me put a song on in the background while I focus on some other tab/window and I'm happy.

I do this too, I have a slowly growing playlist that I'll put on shuffle when I don't want to listen to podcasts while I'm working.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:31 AM   #3969
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:

I use Zamzar - Free online file conversion

converts youtube to any format & emails you the link to download the converted file
Old 05-09-2011, 04:33 PM   #3970
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the tips.

/tk
Old 05-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #3971
molson
General Manager

When you see a stray dog, and when its feasible, pick him up and find his owner. It's easy, it saves a dog's life, and it turns an owner's horrible day into a great one. Yes, this is preachy, sorry about that. But it's just human nature not to get involved - when getting involved is often the right thing to do (and it's often really easy).
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:58 PM   #3972
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
When you see a stray dog, and when its feasible, pick him up and find his owner. It's easy, it saves a dog's life, and it turns an owner's horrible day into a great one. Yes, this is preachy, sorry about that. But it's just human nature not to get involved - when getting involved is often the right thing to do (and it's often really easy).

Love doing that.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 PM   #3973
JediKooter
Coordinator

I tried that a couple of weeks ago and couldn't catch him to see what his collar said. I knew it was a neighbors dog and he made it home as I saw him the next day attached to a leash with his owner.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #3974
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'd caution that this depends upon the location & other factors.

Case in point, there's a mini-controversy brewing around the town where I grew up. It's a place where, in the rural parts of the county at least, there's nothing resembling a leash law or anything like that. Pretty much free range, since the lots tend to be several acres & surrounded by land owned by relatives, etc.

Long story short, a recent transplant to the area spotted a "stray" dog & decided to pick it up & since animal control there is largely non-existent, handed it over to an adoption service that relocated the dog from Georgia to somewhere in New England (where there's apparently a shortage of adoptable dogs) in about 48 hours. So far the case has involved two law enforcement agencies, at least one lawyer, and the interloper is probably lucky not to have either been shot or suffered a mysterious house fire in the middle of the night (based on me knowing some of the people who got upset over this, not the ppl directly involved).

And even in areas where there is animal control, I'd advise extreme caution before involving them in any search for a rightful owner. Many areas are down to 48 hours before putting an unclaimed animal to sleep, that's not even long enough to get home from a weekend trip & discover that your dogsitter let Fido escape.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:32 PM   #3975
molson
General Manager

Quote:
I'd caution that this depends upon the location & other factors.

Case in point, there's a mini-controversy brewing around the town where I grew up. It's a place where, in the rural parts of the county at least, there's nothing resembling a leash law or anything like that. Pretty much free range, since the lots tend to be several acres & surrounded by land owned by relatives, etc.

Long story short, a recent transplant to the area spotted a "stray" dog & decided to pick it up & since animal control there is largely non-existent, handed it over to an adoption service that relocated the dog from Georgia to somewhere in New England (where there's apparently a shortage of adoptable dogs) in about 48 hours. So far the case has involved two law enforcement agencies, at least one lawyer, and the interloper is probably lucky not to have either been shot or suffered a mysterious house fire in the middle of the night (based on me knowing some of the people who got upset over this, not the ppl directly involved).

And even in areas where there is animal control, I'd advise extreme caution before involving them in any search for a rightful owner. Many areas are down to 48 hours before putting an unclaimed animal to sleep, that's not even long enough to get home from a weekend trip & discover that your dogsitter let Fido escape.

Ya, good point. Even where I grew up in not-so rural Central MA, a "stray" dog wouldn't necessarily be a lost dog. But here in Boise, at least around downtown, stray and lost are 1 and the same 99% of the time (and the other 1% involves an owner breaking a law that is consistently enforced).

Last edited by molson : 05-09-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:34 PM   #3976
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

You don't have to call animal control - you can always check the tag and call the owner yourself. That's the easiest thing to do - 9 times out of 10.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #3977
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You don't have to call animal control - you can always check the tag and call the owner yourself. That's the easiest thing to do - 9 times out of 10.

Works great ... if they're tagged. Unfortunately, even with laws/statues on the books, a lot of them aren't even if they're supposed to be.

Like I say, I'm not against the idea, just adding a cautionary note about how to apply it.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #3978
PineTar
High School JV

Firefox 4 sucks.
PineTar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #3979
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

A few months ago, our dog Max got loose. It was overnight, but someone found him and returned him within a few hours. He had his license but no tag with our address.. so they somehow found somebody at that hour that could look us up based off the license number. Only unfortunate thing.. Max gets car sick, and he yacked all over their back seat moments before arriving home.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #3980
Suicane75
Coordinator

Hey Spin Doctors, you had the greatest song on earth for like 2 months. You aint got shit to be ashamed of. Keep your heads high.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:54 AM   #3981
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Works great ... if they're tagged. Unfortunately, even with laws/statues on the books, a lot of them aren't even if they're supposed to be.

Like I say, I'm not against the idea, just adding a cautionary note about how to apply it.

That, and a lot of animal tags anymore are subcutaneous. Not sure how the law handles that - if a dog is 'chipped,' does the law still require an externally visible tag? - but it could make things difficult if the owner thinks the answer is 'no' and acts accordingly.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #3982
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It may just be that I never noticed much before, but the mixture of salt and chocolate seems to be a relativly new thing, and I enjoy it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:35 PM   #3983
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I didn't see this anywhere else, so forgive me if it has been posted:

Navy SEALs Imposters Are 'Coming Out of the Woodwork,' Says Ex-SEAL - ABC News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #3984
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I didn't see this anywhere else, so forgive me if it has been posted:

Navy SEALs Imposters Are 'Coming Out of the Woodwork,' Says Ex-SEAL - ABC News

The link wouldn't open for me, but there was a time if I could get into a hot chicks pants by pretending to be a navy SEAL I would have done it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #3985
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
How the hell did this guy:

manage to convince Kate Beckinsale to not only sleep with him, but have a child with him, and now he is rumored to be engaged to Rachel McAdams???
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 05-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #3986
JediKooter
Coordinator

Come on. Can't you tell by his smile, that he's charming? Oh and he's probably rich too.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #3987
MJ4H
Coordinator

He can probably score from the penalty spot.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #3988
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So...some fucked up stuff I heard from coworkers tonight..

2 of my coworkers easily push 300 each..one of them is at least 350...he was talking to the other and said if we roomed together we would both weight 500 pounds (Said while he was eating a larger pep pizza on an ambien high)

Follow that one up with his asking me how much money I would pay him if he pee'd on another one of my coworkers who was laying in bed almost asleep...then he turned to the other coworker and said...I am going to give you my mac book pro just so I can pee on you...

Anyways...ambien is a bitch of a drug and this guy get's truly messed up on it.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #3989
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I thought that stuff just knocked you out so you could sleep?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #3990
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

If you fight through the initial sleepiness, some experience hallucinations & other effects.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:48 PM   #3991
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

Ahh, but sleep eating, sleep driving, sleep texting and sleep sex are all possible side effects.

I take it once in a while and when I do...I try and head right for bed and put all electronics far away from me...I have been known to sleep post on FB under the influence, Galaxy has been the recipient of them more than once.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #3992
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So...some fucked up stuff I heard from coworkers tonight..

I hate my job, but at least I don't have to worry about someone pissing on me. (Literally speaking of course.. )
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #3993
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Love doing that.

Yet you won't take the littlest republican out again. Tisk tisk...
Old 05-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #3994
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Yet you won't take the littlest republican out again. Tisk tisk...

I'm sure DT would help if she was running loose and scared on a busy road.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #3995
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm sure DT would help if she was running loose and scared on a busy road.

On an unrelated note, I think it was Big Ass Night at Yankee Stadium tonight. (I tried to get an incognito ipod pic of one that was simply, i don't know if it was amazing or horrifying... pic came out too blurry to make out + black tights in the dark...)
Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 PM   #3996
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post

On an unrelated note, I think it was Big Ass Night at Yankee Stadium tonight. (I tried to get an incognito ipod pic of one that was simply, i don't know if it was amazing or horrifying... pic came out too blurry to make out + black tights in the dark...)

Yeah, you would have then posted it, been chastised for it, and then had it deleted without your request....so it's a good thing your iPod was there to make sure the pic didn't come out properly.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #3997
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I take it once in a while and when I do...I try and head right for bed and put all electronics far away from me...I have been known to sleep post on FB under the influence, Galaxy has been the recipient of them more than once.

ping: Ambien guy
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #3998
mckerney
Coordinator

A friend of mine takes Ambien and always has to make sure to sleep before the Ambien Walrus shows up.

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #3999
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:48 AM   #4000
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

LOL at the Walrus, making it a Lolrus I suppose