Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2021, 09:18 AM   #3951
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Good to know sexism hasn't gone out of style.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 09:18 AM   #3952
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sorry Lathum, I just can't be that pessimistic about Garland/Congress do nothing/say they can't do more etc. Barr would have done everything in his power to block Congress from finding the truth like he did with the Mueller Report. Give Garland a chance to see where he goes with this story before you just write him off. If he/Congress don't follow every step that they are supposed to be doing right now towards Jan 6, every one of them could use that to escape further prosecution altogether which neither one of us wants. I know its very annoying how slow this all seems to work, and how so many are getting off with a slap on the wrist it seems, but I think we need to wait until its clear Garland won't act more strongly on Jan 6 events.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:39 AM   #3953
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

We should know a lot by the end of the week. It shouldn't take Garland long to decide how to handle the contempt referral. If he delays or rejects it, that will show that there won't be any real punishment for the insurrectionists.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #3954
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
And nothing will happen because Biden selected a spineless, dickless, AG.

Exactly.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 11:30 AM   #3955
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
At the start of the month a poll was released showing 41% of Biden voters want it to happen, and 52% of Trump voters. I would have agreed with you a few years ago, but things have changed. If those numbers go north of 60% or whatever, it's not outside the realm of possibility. The pandemic has really accelerated a trend that was already happening; the whole 'more unites us than divides us' sentiment ain't what it used to be.

It depends on what we believe unites us.

Right now I believe what unites R's are D's and what D's are R's. Yes, there are degrees to this but you get my point. I think as we begin to go down the road to secession, we begin to really take a harder look at who our neighbors would be and bigger divides will be begin to form on both sides. I remember the unity of some local churches and some local strip clubs when it came to fighting against the shutdown rules early in the pandemic. Both groups believed that the other should have the freedom to serve their customers and were against the rules that prevented that. I don't have to tell you what happened after the shutdown went away. That coalition stopped once the restrictions ended.

I think the idea of secession sounds great right up until one wing of the left/right realizes they will move from a being a major player to a minority player when it come to influence of their side.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:03 PM   #3956
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Sorry Lathum, I just can't be that pessimistic about Garland/Congress do nothing/say they can't do more etc. Barr would have done everything in his power to block Congress from finding the truth like he did with the Mueller Report. Give Garland a chance to see where he goes with this story before you just write him off. If he/Congress don't follow every step that they are supposed to be doing right now towards Jan 6, every one of them could use that to escape further prosecution altogether which neither one of us wants. I know its very annoying how slow this all seems to work, and how so many are getting off with a slap on the wrist it seems, but I think we need to wait until its clear Garland won't act more strongly on Jan 6 events.

He's had like 9 months that have resulted in a few slaps on the wrist and no one of consequence being charged.
Old 10-25-2021, 12:35 PM   #3957
Flasch186
Coordinator

I think that it's all bluster until someone actually tries to REALLY take up arms en masse. They do that and the national guard and military and authorities will be on them so fast it'll make their head spin. Then they'll cower and claim it was to "save the Children".

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 12:51 PM   #3958
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I think that it's all bluster until someone actually tries to REALLY take up arms en masse. They do that and the national guard and military and authorities will be on them so fast it'll make their head spin. Then they'll cower and claim it was to "save the Children".

I don't think the military or national guard gets sent in unless it's a complete emergency (or unless you have darker skin). And for DC, that decision is made by the Feds (who if it is controlled by an authoritarian is not calling them in).

Police have shown which side they are on for a while now. Even while their colleagues get assaulted and murdered.

I still think any massive civil unrest is unlikely. There's a difference in being a tough guy on Facebook and actually entering a situation where you are laying your life on the line. Even the folks who stormed the Capitol backed off the minute shit started to get real (a bullet through the terrorists skull).

One of the benefits of being kleptocracy or oligarchy is that anytime you start messing with the profits of the elite, they come down hard. The wealthy people are willing to support terrible people to avoid paying taxes and maximize government handouts to themselves, but they are changing their tune the minute some civil unrest hurts their bottom line. And turning the suburbs into a war zone does that.
Old 10-25-2021, 01:48 PM   #3959
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

On the topic of what unites us, it's hard to not see some hard philosophical differences about the underpinnings of our system when you read/see things like this:

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:25 PM   #3960
cuervo72
Head Coach

Isn't he Jewish?
Old 10-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #3961
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree with the first part of your post. I would like to understand what you mean by this part, but am unable. Are you willing to expound?

That the Federal Government should flex its power and bring the states in line. Not unlike LBJ using force to push Civil Rights and the end of segregation in the states.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 04:50 PM   #3962
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Isn't he Jewish?

He did say we need to shut down all schools and have all education done in churches and synagogues (guessing mosques are a no-no).

Sounds like he just wants a theocracy.
Old 10-25-2021, 06:49 PM   #3963
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Good to know sexism hasn't gone out of style.

Make Hillary AG, she has a bigger set of balls. Is that better?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 06:50 PM   #3964
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He's had like 9 months that have resulted in a few slaps on the wrist and no one of consequence being charged.

Exactly. We are literally 1 year from midterms and virtually nothing has happened. Hell, the right has probably gained ground.

Enough of this "trust the system" BS, we need results.
Old 10-25-2021, 07:09 PM   #3965
PilotMan
Head Coach

Not a single, solitary thing has happened. Nada. Mitch is halfway to his goal.

And as for Mandel, yes, he is unequivocally calling for a Christian Nationalist Theocracy.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 10-25-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 10-25-2021, 10:47 PM   #3966
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Make Hillary AG, she has a bigger set of balls. Is that better?

Self-evidently no.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-25-2021 at 10:47 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #3967
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Self-evidently no.

Sorry, I forgot you exist on a higher plain of morality.
Old 10-26-2021, 09:13 AM   #3968
Ksyrup

Of all the things that disqualify Ron DeSantis from holding public office, this haircut when he was a high school teacher might be #1.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-26-2021, 02:21 PM   #3969
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

DeSantis was a high school teacher?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:32 AM   #3970
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is normal. Dickless Garland is going to be responsible for American blood because of his inaction against these people.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:45 AM   #3971
Ksyrup

You can tell the frauds from the "True Believers" by the way they answer some of this stuff. That guy doesn't believe any of the BS he peddles, so he pushes back some, but you can tell he's trying to walk the line between full-on encouraging violence and saying just enough to keep people hooked.
Old 10-27-2021, 08:47 AM   #3972
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
DeSantis was a high school teacher?

SI

Yep, less than 2 decades ago, too.

There's some liberal rag trying to make a big deal about him supposedly partying with teenage students when he was a teacher in his early 20s. I don't know if any of it was already known or matters now, but that picture caught my attention!
Old 10-27-2021, 11:00 AM   #3973
molson
General Manager

Quote:
This is normal. Dickless Garland is going to be responsible for American blood because of his inaction against these people.

This happened in my city on the same day another right-winger committed a mass shooting at the local mall. They are ramping up.

Ammon Bundy (currently 4th in the governor funding raise) tried to attend whatever this event is but they wouldn't let him in with his gun.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:41 AM   #3974
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I'm assuming the full background says, Hurray for Racism Tour!
Old 10-27-2021, 01:24 PM   #3975
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Garland's handling of the OKC bombing should tell you why right-wingers were more than happy that he became AG. He is not going to do shit.
Old 10-27-2021, 01:27 PM   #3976
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Curious if that conversation happened in a mosque with darker skin folks, how long before they would be shipped off to Guantanamo?
Old 10-28-2021, 07:49 AM   #3977
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Ummmmm....Tucker is going full Alex Jones now.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 04:15 PM   #3978
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Another slap on the wrist.

Old 10-29-2021, 09:58 AM   #3979
Ksyrup

Kinzinger not seeking reelection. GOP is going to be left for the taking by the GQP without much of a fight. Awesome!
Old 10-29-2021, 11:45 AM   #3980
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Kinzinger not seeking reelection. GOP is going to be left for the taking by the GQP without much of a fight. Awesome!

He lost his seat with redistricting (and Illinois lost a seat). So he won't be replaced by a Republican.
Old 10-29-2021, 11:47 AM   #3981
Ksyrup

I'm thinking more along the lines of his place in the party. I'm assuming he's just going to go do something else and tweet a bunch of stuff from the sidelines.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:07 PM   #3982
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

He might run for Senator from what I'm reading. Think Durbin is retiring soon.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:11 PM   #3983
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He might run for Senator from what I'm reading. Think Durbin is retiring soon.

How much does a senate seat cost in Illinois nowadays?
Old 10-29-2021, 02:13 PM   #3984
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's gotta be at least what a Presidential Pardon costs.

Like Steam?

Old 10-29-2021, 02:17 PM   #3985
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Listen, we haven't had a Governor go to jail in like 10 years. Cut us some slack.
Old 10-29-2021, 02:19 PM   #3986
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I guess he might also run for Governor. The theory is that there is a lot of crazy GOP candidate running who will likely split up the crazy vote. And he'll clean up with moderates in the party to take the primary. Rauner kind of had this strategy.

Don't think he has a shot at being Governor since Pritzker has mostly been good. But an open Senate seat is another story since the Dems will probably do something stupid like norminating Madigan's daughter.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-29-2021 at 02:19 PM.
Old 10-30-2021, 01:16 PM   #3987
GrantDawg

Trump announces today he was invited by MLB to come to tonight's World Series game. A Braves executive already said that the league was asked by the Trump organization if he could come. Trump can't even go to a ballgame without lying.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 10-30-2021, 01:28 PM   #3988
Ksyrup

He probably wants to make sure cameras capture him doing the chop because he knows his audience.
Old 10-30-2021, 01:33 PM   #3989
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
He probably wants to make sure cameras capture him doing the chop because he knows his audience.

The man is a black hole of narcissism. He has no beliefs.

EXCEPT racism. The only thing outside of himself that seems to make him at all excited is the chance to be racist.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 02:50 PM   #3990
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
The man is a black hole of narcissism. He has no beliefs.

EXCEPT racism. The only thing outside of himself that seems to make him at all excited is the chance to be racist.

This is splitting hairs, but I'm not sure it's explicitly racism. What he really wants is any chance to show he's better than anyone else. One of the easiest and laziest ways to do that is racism. And this man also loves doing things the lazy way.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 06:17 PM   #3991
IlliniCub
High School Varsity

Quote:
I guess he might also run for Governor. The theory is that there is a lot of crazy GOP candidate running who will likely split up the crazy vote. And he'll clean up with moderates in the party to take the primary. Rauner kind of had this strategy.

Don't think he has a shot at being Governor since Pritzker has mostly been good. But an open Senate seat is another story since the Dems will probably do something stupid like norminating Madigan's daughter.
I'm actually terrified of our governor race with Mr Q believing Theocracy supporting Darren Bailey leading the gop field right now. Hopefully up state makes up for the stupidity of down state.
IlliniCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:36 PM   #3992
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And he was on camera doing the chop.
Old 10-30-2021, 08:43 PM   #3993
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
And he was on camera doing the chop.

Did we really expect the media to do the right thing here? All they had to do was nothing.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-30-2021 at 08:44 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:46 PM   #3994
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump doesn't give a damn about baseball, but he understands his people better than anyone else ever has.
Old 11-02-2021, 03:19 PM   #3995
Ksyrup

I typed Dealey Plaza into Google and on Popular Times, it shows Live: Busier Than Usual. Gee, I wonder why?
Old 11-02-2021, 03:20 PM   #3996
GrantDawg

It seems that all the Q people have decended on Dallas waiting for the Great Pumkin...er..I mean JFK, Jr. to show up and reinstate Trump. I mean big numbers of some real extreme nutters.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-02-2021 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:40 PM   #3997
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Trump doesn't give a damn about baseball, but he understands his people better than anyone else ever has.

I thought they were boycotting baseball?
Old 11-02-2021, 06:06 PM   #3998
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It seems that all the Q people have decended on Dallas waiting for the Great Pumkin...er..I mean JFK, Jr. to show up and reinstate Trump. I mean big numbers of some real extreme nutters.

I just can't fathom this level of stupid/crazy, some people just love being trolled I guess
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 06:09 PM   #3999
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Facebook broke so many brains over the years.
Old 11-02-2021, 06:19 PM   #4000
GrantDawg

I love Blaire!
Edit: Crap, she deleted her tweet. Or "they " did.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 11-02-2021 at 06:22 PM.