Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2008, 03:22 PM   #351
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Q: What do 'winning MVPs', 'winning championships', and 'being a whiney douchebag who wants to desert your team because they didn't blow quite enough smoke up your ass" all have in common?

A: They're all things that Brett Favre is even better at than Mats Sundin.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #352
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Atlanta (yeah, they're going to stir the Matt Ryan pot now all of a sudden)

Talk to 'em again when they're winless & aren't drawing flies after several games.

Wait a minute, never mind waiting until then, if Favre made noises about Atlanta being on his shortlist (no way I can picture that happening but just hypothetically speaking), I'd say Blank would almost certainly pick up the phone.

There's Ryan, Harrington, Redman, and Shockley on the roster. Seems like Favre might reasonably be considered an upgrade while Ryan learns, which despite any noise to the contrary, it's always a gamble with a rookie QB that they ever learn at all. Wrap the acquisition in some phrases like "knows how to win", "brings valuable experience to the franchise", and such and I wouldn't see Blank hesitating much if at all.

'Course, Brett would have to be suffering from a severe brain injury to want to come to Atlanta next year so this is all just hypothetical anyway.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-14-2008 at 03:51 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #353
molson
General Manager

Any argument about "selling tickets" is a little silly when you consider that you'd have to pay the guy $12 million. He's not selling that many tickets.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #354
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Any argument about "selling tickets" is a little silly when you consider that you'd have to pay the guy $12 million. He's not selling that many tickets.

Didn't say it made fiscal sense. Just said I strongly believe Blank would do it.
The two things are not always joined at the hip.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:52 PM   #355
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Talk to 'em again when they're winless & aren't drawing flies after several games.

Wait a minute, never mind waiting until then, if Favre made noises about Atlanta being on his shortlist (no way I can picture that happening but just hypothetically speaking), I'd say Blank would almost certainly pick up the phone.

There's Ryan, Harrington, Redman, and Shockley on the roster. Seems like Favre might reasonably be considered an upgrade while Ryan learns, which despite any noise to the contrary, it's always a gamble with a rookie QB that they ever learn at all. Wrap the acquisition in some phrases like "knows how to win", "brings valuable experience to the franchise", and such and I wouldn't see Blank hesitating much if at all.

'Course, Brett would have to be suffering from a severe brain injury to want to come to Atlanta next year so this is all just hypothetical anyway.

Do Falcon fans really expect this team to make a playoff/Super Bowl run?

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-14-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #356
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Do Falcon fans really expect this team to make a playoff/Super Bowl run?

I think the current over/under on victories is either 1 or 2.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #357
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Greta is interviewing Favre on Fox News right now.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:20 PM   #358
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I saw it, part two is tomorrow night.

Just kind of made me disappointed all over again about the whole situation. He said some of the right things, as far as admitting he made a mistake in retiring when he did and that it had nothing to do with Thompson not 'blowing smoke up his ass' like some of the people around here like to believe.

I still don't know what I really want to happen with this situation. Probably no chance of a U of FL style rotation at QB is there?

I would like to see him come back and start for the Packers I think, but I am more sure now that it won't happen. A pretty good anger between both sides seems to be building up now is what I got from it. It wasn't there before, but now it is. I think I am a little more acceptable of him playing elsewhere now, though it would still suck.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 PM   #359
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
I think I am a little more acceptable of him playing elsewhere now, though it would still suck.

Welcome to my world, circa 2003...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #360
JeeberD
General Manager

Heh, I know you're joking, but it's embarrassing to go back through my old posts and see the love I was giving Q back then...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 07-14-2008 at 09:34 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:49 PM   #361
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I definitely feel for Favre a little more after watching the interview. Still,what's interesting is that he still hasn't said that he's 100% committed right now. He kept saying "if" when talking about his commitment. He could have put on the full court pressure on the GB organization by saying this:

"I'm 100% committed to being the starting quarterback for Green Bay right now. If they accept me in camp, I will be ready to try and lead this team back to the Super Bowl."

Now, maybe he says that tomorrow night, but all this "I'd like the chance" and "if I'm committed" and "I have SOME of the fire back" tells me GB made the right decision in sticking with Rodgers. He looks like a guy who was just told by his girlfriend that the relationship is over and now he's saying he'll change and be the perfect man if she just takes him back. It looks to me like Brett isn't 100% sure he wants to come back, but he knows if he waits any longer to decide he won't be able to. I'd be shocked if he came back and had a season like 2008 (on any team) given what I've seen from him tonight.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:52 AM   #362
watravaler
High School JV

He'll get his release/trade, stay retired, or he will be the starter in GB. It's pretty cut and dry, imo...pigs will fly before Brett Favre takes a back-seat to Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay.

If bridges have been burned, and Brett Favre is dead set on playing football this fall, the Packers brass doesn't have much of choice. It certainly isn't fair to Ted Thompson and company, but it is what it is...
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #363
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

So on the way home, hear a Mort report.

Favre says "the ball is in their (Green Bay/Thompson's) court right now"

Um....he still officially retired, right? He does realize he hasn't applied for reinstatement? Or did he start on the painkillers again?

When he hasn't even officially become eligible again, how the hell is the ball in the team's court?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #364
Galaxy
Coordinator

Is Favre willing to pay back the portion of his signing bonus?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #365
gstelmack
Pro Starter

No, he has not offered to pay back the signing bonus (discussed earlier in the thread).

No, he still has not applied for reinstatement. Apparently if he does but does not report to Green Bay right away (which he does not want to do), they can start fining him apparently.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 PM   #366
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Should be interesting this weekend. Favre is supposed to be in town to introduce Frank Winters to the Packer's Hall of Fame.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #367
Logan
Head Coach

So Favre was talking to Minnesota's offensive coordinator?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:03 AM   #368
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yes, he's been talking to Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell. But Bevell used to be a coach for the Packers so they can just say it was a chat between old friends.

I don't know how the ball is in the Packer's court. Favre isn't going to apply for reinstatement so the Packers don't have to do anything. What is Bus Cook thinking? The Packers can do nothing and it will be too late for Favre to come back. Thompson should ask Cook to give some teams Favre wants to be traded to and they should try to work something out.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM   #369
Axxon
Pro Starter

Because I love rumors. From a guy who'se brother is a friend of Favre's.

Quote:
Honestly hadnt seen him in 2 or 3 weeks but have talked to others more familiar with his situation. I hadnt heard of any other teams but do know Packers are his first choice but its getting ugly. Their is no way they will release him and I personally think that if he shows up at packers camp then they will accept it and move on unless a good trade is presented to the Pack. As of now; The Packers are saying they have recieved no calls but the Favre camp thinks otherwise. He has a short list of teams that he would play for and the Bucs are on it from what Im told. Do I think he will be a Buc? (Could Happen) . Do I want him to be a Buc? (NO).

hxxp://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=25085.0

Gotta say, if a Buc had said this ( only D Brooks could even try for it to be similar ) I'd be pissed and if anyone else had said it, I'd still be annnoyed.

Honestly though, I've never been a fan of any player who's not a Bucs or, before there were Bucs, a Steeler. I honestly respect Staubach for example and for me, he's one of the best players evah, I'm not a fan. A few guys though, Payton and Sanders for example ( old NFC south guys ) have risen above that. I'm fan's of these enemies. I'm so glad they played football; I'm honored to have seen them play even against my team. Brett is in this league.

I can't explain how much he's enhanced my experience watching the sport. I mean, I've hated him but man, how much beating his team has meant; football for me would not have been the same without him. Personally, I'd want him to be a Packer. It's the only just answer. If that's not to be though, yeah, I'd want us to get him.

The only thing I wouldn't want is him not to play because nothing could be worked out that made that possible. That would suck for the sport.

Honestly, I'm a fan of the Packers kind of. I never want them to win but they are unique and they have grear fans and when the Buc's aren't in it why not?. I respect them and their fans and feel good when they do good.

I don't envy them this decision but it's Brett Favre. I can't think of anything football related that would make me happier this offseason than see him as a Buc.

I'd like to know how Chiefs fans felt about Montana since I consider them similar situations.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 AM   #370
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
I'd like to know how Chiefs fans felt about Montana since I consider them similar situations.

I won't speak for everyone, but I loved having him as QB -- always felt like he could win the game, which is something I can't say about any other KC QB over the last 20 years or so. Even got to watch him a couple of times in person. I respected the legacy he built in SF (and still identified him with that city) but was fully supportive of whatever efforts he could lend to our club. As it turned out, he did better than expected.

Similarly, I'm kind of hoping Favre finds his way to the Chiefs in his unretirement, being as we have no legitimate QBs. :P
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #371
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I love how Favre's group is saying "It's in Green Bay's court now". No it's not. They've said you can come back but not as a starter, and until you actually file for reinstatement, they don't have to do a single darn thing. You wait until week 6 to come back, good luck grabbing that starting role...
Old 07-17-2008, 02:36 PM   #372
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

News reports now that the NFL is investigating Minnesota for tampering in this situation. Not sure what will come of that.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 02:53 PM   #373
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I will probably get flamed for this, but I am sick of Brett Favre. Tired of hearing about him. I had a lot of respect for him as a person until this last session of "look at me, I am Brett Favre". I still think he is a great QB, but seriously. Give it a rest Brett. He is a complete media whore and it is ridiculous. Yes people change their minds about things, but this all could have been handled much better than it has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 AM   #374
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
I love how Favre's group is saying "It's in Green Bay's court now". No it's not. They've said you can come back but not as a starter, and until you actually file for reinstatement, they don't have to do a single darn thing. You wait until week 6 to come back, good luck grabbing that starting role...

And he STILL has not applied for reinstatement. How the fuck is it GB's choice right now? He's not even an NFL player right now, in the eyes of the league and the union.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:33 AM   #375
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I will probably get flamed for this, but I am sick of Brett Favre. Tired of hearing about him. I had a lot of respect for him as a person until this last session of "look at me, I am Brett Favre".

Not sure why you thought you'd get flamed. Hell, you could have posted that on a Packer forum and 50%+ would have agreed with you. I'm a Packer fan and I'm to that point.

If he would have just come out a month ago and said, I want to play I made a mistake and I applied for reinstatement alot of this would went away. The Packers would have put him back on the team, released him or traded him by now. Would their still be a circus? Of course, but the circus would have centered on the one outcome rather than a slew of what-ifs going on.

This is far far far from over.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #376
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
And he STILL has not applied for reinstatement. How the fuck is it GB's choice right now? He's not even an NFL player right now, in the eyes of the league and the union.

I think the "It's in GB's court now" thing is the only thing Favre has done right so far. It's in their court because he's not forcing the issue by appliying for reinstatement. Once he does, the Packers have to release him, trade him, or guarantee him a lot of money to be an active player. Favre (so far) hasn't forced the issue - and it seems as if he'll stay retired if the Packers don't do what he wants.

Yes, the Packers don't have to do anything, that's exactly why the ball's "in their court".

Last edited by molson : 07-18-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #377
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
I think the "It's in GB's court now" thing is the only thing Favre has done right so far. It's in their court because he's not forcing the issue by appliying for reinstatement. Once he does, the Packers have to release him, trade him, or guarantee him a lot of money to be an active player. Favre (so far) hasn't forced the issue - and it seems as if he'll stay retired if the Packers don't do what he wants.

Yes, the Packers don't have to do anything, that's exactly why the ball's "in their court".

That makes no sense unless you are running the four corners.

How can the ball be in your court if the best course of action is to deflate the ball and put in storage in the basement?

Last edited by rkmsuf : 07-18-2008 at 11:04 AM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #378
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
That makes no sense unless you are running the four corners.

How can the ball be in your court if the best course of action is to deflate the ball and put in storage in the basement?

Maybe I don't really understand the expression?

I took it to mean - Favre's made his move, he's done. He's not showing up for camp, he's not applying for reinstatement without more info.

It's all up the Packers now - they can trade him, release him, promise him he'll be the starter, or do nothing. That decision will determine how this is played out.

Last edited by molson : 07-18-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #379
Logan
Head Coach

Kinda think they already made that decision.

By applying for reinstatement, they will then be forced to make another decision.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #380
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Maybe I don't really understand the expression?

I took it to mean - Favre's made his move, he's done. He's not showing up for camp, he's not applying for reinstatement without more info.

It's all up the Packers now - they can trade him, release him, promise him he'll be the starter, or do nothing. That decision will determine how this is played out.

Or the ball is in Favre's court that if he decides to file for reinstatement then the packers will make a decision.

As of right now Favre is retired. Green Bay doens't want him. Case closed until Farve does something. If he doesn't then he can go raise turkeys or something.

Bottom line is the only person that can change the current status is favre.

If he's waiting for GB to do something it's going to be a long wait.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #381
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Kinda think they already made that decision.

By applying for reinstatement, they will then be forced to make another decision.

Exactly my point. I took the comment to mean he won't be applying for reinstatement, and that maybe he's hoping that the Packers change their mind.

They won't release him, they won't invite him back aa a starter, and they won't trade him to a divisional rival.

Maybe there's an offer out there for an AFC team that makes sense, but if you're the Packers, why even screw around with having him in the league at all?

I think I just talked myself into deciding that he'll stay retired.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:15 AM   #382
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

I think I just talked myself into deciding that he'll stay retired.

No he won't. Guy is a doofus.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #383
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Or the ball is in Favre's court that if he decides to file for reinstatement then the packers will make a decision.

As of right now Favre is retired. Green Bay doens't want him. Case closed until Farve does something. If he doesn't then he can go raise turkeys or something.

Bottom line is the only person that can change the current status is favre.

If he's waiting for GB to do something it's going to be a long wait.

Yup. We're back where we were in March with him off the roster and not playing until he applies for reinstatement. All that's changed is he's stirred the pot and burned some bridges.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #384
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I think he's completely full of it when he says he wants to be released and go somewhere else. No way this guy wants to put in that kind of effort to change teams. This titty baby wants to just be put back as the starter for GB and that's it. Otherwise he'd already be unretired. I think he knows as of right now if he unretires he's headed out of town.

I bet his game will be to wait and hope Rodgers stinks and the fans force the packers to bring him back in. Would be a shame if it came to that.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #385
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think he's completely full of it when he says he wants to be released and go somewhere else. No way this guy wants to put in that kind of effort to change teams. This titty baby wants to just be put back as the starter for GB and that's it. Otherwise he'd already be unretired. I think he knows as of right now if he unretires he's headed out of town.

I bet his game will be to wait and hope Rodgers stinks and the fans force the packers to bring him back in. Would be a shame if it came to that.

agreed. and i hope that if rodgers struggles brohm gets the call - i think putting favre in this west-coast style offense (which relies a lot on "touch" and "judgement" that he has never been "known" for would be a disaster -- and i think the Packers realize that).

Long-term Brett Favre is not going to be your answer at QB - so unless you feel you have a strong enough team to win it all even with him having a league-average season (b/c you can't assume he'll have a year like last year again), it makes no sense to go with him.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #386
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
agreed. and i hope that if rodgers struggles brohm gets the call - i think putting favre in this west-coast style offense (which relies a lot on "touch" and "judgement" that he has never been "known" for would be a disaster -- and i think the Packers realize that).

Long-term Brett Favre is not going to be your answer at QB - so unless you feel you have a strong enough team to win it all even with him having a league-average season (b/c you can't assume he'll have a year like last year again), it makes no sense to go with him.

I love reading stories from fans and shareholders, acting that they will demand Thompson to be fired because they are a "shareholder" if Favre isn't the starter.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/18/sp...&ex=1216526400

Love this quote: "“But if Michelangelo comes out of retirement and tells the pope he wants to paint another chapel, does the pope tell him to go have lunch and he’ll think about it? Yes, he’s been immature, but he has a lot of issues. And he went to work every day.”

Brett Favre is no Michelangelo of football/quarterbacks. Also, you have to learn a whole offense (as well as all of the players on offense). Sometimes I wonder if fans of teams, are just fans because it's "cool"? (Not just for the Packers, but all teams in all the leagues). Drives me nuts.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-18-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #387
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I should have got my ticket for this years Green Bay shareholders meeting coming up. Would have been interesting.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #388
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I think the current over/under on victories is either 1 or 2.

4.5 Still lowest in the NFL though

Is this Favre thing over yet? I'd very much like to place another season bet on the Packers, but I can't do it with this nonsense going on.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #389
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I should have got my ticket for this years Green Bay shareholders meeting coming up. Would have been interesting.

I was real close to going, as close as to looking at getting tickets to get up there. I have never been able to go but I figured I should have a chance again next year and after that. Kind of blew it on that call, would have been real interesting.....
Old 07-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #390
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Old 07-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #391
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I believe it was already said, but just to make it clear to molson:

The ball is in Favre's court. GB said, "we'd love for you to come back and be the back up for Rodger's." By Favre saying, "No, I don't want to do that," the ball is not placed back in GB's court. They told him their decision, the ball is still in his court. By him doing nothing, the decision is made (however, I doubt that is where things will stay). Favre saying the ball is in GB's court is like when you're a kid and someone makes fun of you and you say, "nu-uh!" and expect it is now the other person's turn to retort.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 03:32 PM   #392
Logan
Head Coach

Too many balls in this thread.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:36 PM   #393
molson
General Manager

I'm pretty sure having the "ball in your court" means that you have control, rather than you HAVE to do something, but I could be wrong.

Last edited by molson : 07-18-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #394
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm pretty sure having the "ball in your court" means that you have control, rather than you HAVE to do something, but I could be wrong.

It basically means it's your serve. If we follow your interpretation, it means Favre has given up, as Green Bay has already made their decision on this.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #395
molson
General Manager

Quote:
It basically means it's your serve. If we follow your interpretation, it means Favre has given up, as Green Bay has already made their decision on this.

I see it like when you call a girl, you say the "ball's in her court" - you're not going to call her again, you're not going to do anything, it's up to her to call at that point or it ain't gonna happen.

Favre has "given up" in a sense - what else can he do? He's made known what he wants to come back. He's not coming back as a backup. The Packers won't release him if he applies for reinstatement. He's done.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:54 PM   #396
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I dunno, I think it's a bit different. I see it more like you call the girl, she says "sure, maybe we can go out, but just as friends". How is the ball in her court now? Green Bay said they'd take him back, just not as the starter. Favre asked for his release. Green Bay said "No". Either way, it's up to Favre to take the next step now.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:17 PM   #397
Radii
Head Coach

Favre can say the next move is up to Green Bay all he wants, but it seems pretty obvious that Favre not applying for re-instatement is the best possible outcome for the Packers, so if Favre really wants to play again, then its up to him to do something different other than saying "release me" and wait.

Last edited by Radii : 07-18-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #398
Anthony
Banned

if he came back as the backup, this would get solved rather quickly. people would call for Rodgers' head much, much sooner, OR green bay would see it's utterly silly to pay your backup QB $12million and ship him out quickly.

Last edited by Anthony : 07-18-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #399
14ers
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post

The ball is in Favre's court. GB said, "we'd love for you to come back and be the back up for Rodger's."
Where is everyone getting this Quote from? OR the idea for this quote? Is this quote comming from Favre's camp? I saw the interview with Favre and I was wondering if Favre is the one spreading this rumor around.

It sounds like Brett is demanding that Greenbay guarantee he will be the starter if he comes back. I do not see anything wrong in the PAckers telling Favre that he will have to compete for the starting job if he comes back. There is nothing wrong with telling both Favre and Rodgers that they are both going to compete for the starting job this year.

Brett Favre probaly wants to skip camp and preseason and go straight to the regular season as the Packers starting QB, but that is not going to happen this year.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:13 AM   #400
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Since Favre is being such a pain in the ass, if I were the Packers I would just change his name in all the media guides.

That'd teach him.