Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #351
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon
What's funny though it that board, and another falcon board I read absolutely hate and bash Michael Vick and blame everything that's wrong in Atlanta on the guy. It's laughable. He'd get blamed for the other team scoring a touchdown on offense. I mean it makes sense, without his salary they could have bought a CB that doesn't suck, things like that.

I know a guy who gave up season tickets after Vick was signed because he thought he sucked. Of course, for every fan they lost because of Vick, they have picked up ten. The Falcons have gone from one of the lowest season ticket sellers to having waiting list. Vick is 80% of that (Blank being the other 20%).
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:55 PM   #352
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
I know a guy who gave up season tickets after Vick was signed because he thought he sucked. Of course, for every fan they lost because of Vick, they have picked up ten. The Falcons have gone from one of the lowest season ticket sellers to having waiting list. Vick is 80% of that (Blank being the other 20%).

The scary thing is that those ten drop as soon as Vick goes and that one likely doesn't just come back at that point. Of course, I'm a huge football fan and I could never see giving up my seasons tickets if I had them just because I didn't like a current player on the team.

That actually is a more telling statement about the Atlanta fan base than what Jon said if you think about it.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #353
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
The scary thing is that those ten drop as soon as Vick goes and that one likely doesn't just come back at that point. Of course, I'm a huge football fan and I could never see giving up my seasons tickets if I had them just because I didn't like a current player on the team.

That actually is a more telling statement about the Atlanta fan base than what Jon said if you think about it.

Me neither, but I'm one of the few Die-hard Falcon's fans. I love 'em when they stink and love 'em when they are good. They have never been great, so I'm still waiting on that.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #354
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
Me neither, but I'm one of the few Die-hard Falcon's fans. I love 'em when they stink and love 'em when they are good. They have never been great, so I'm still waiting on that.

Ahh, the one thing we've got over the rest of the NASCAR division, for one season we indeed were great.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #355
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
True that I'm a bit biased but the really galling thing is that the cochairman of the NFL competetion committe would break an NFL rule in order to get an unfair advantage in a game. If a person can't be bothered to follow the rules then they shouldn't be on a rules committee IMHO.

That makes it much more enjoyable watching their implosion today. The team deserves nothing more than ridicule when they can't win out even with McKay's influence which allows them to blatantly cheat even when it doesn't help them.

You got your wish...kinda.

Sorta.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

(I suspect Joe Horn is in your camp on this one.)
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote