Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #351
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
No, the Steelers were just fine in rushing four. Their problem was being absolute idiots and not covering the backs out of the backfield. There was ZERO excuse for them to allow themselves to get beat by two passes in the flat to running backs who proceeded to run for 15 yards AND get out of bounds. Just horrific defense by the LB core there. You have to expect better than that.

If they would have blitzed, Brady still would have looked for those backs out of the backfield. Considering they couldn't cover them with 7, what's the odds they'd have been able to cover them with 6 or 5?

Only rushing four in that matter without disguising who was coming demonstrated they were going to be passive which left the underneath pass wide open.
Old 09-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #352
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
(Warning, warning Pats Fanboy speaking) Second of all, bush league pass interference call. Apparently the defensive player doesn't have a right to the ball if the offensive player puts his hand out behind him to prevent it. At worst, both players doing it, and most places that doesn't get called against the home team.

I thought at the very least it was debateable. But we have some detractors(to put it nicely) and I didn't feel like bringing it up. The guy was in the air, back to the reciever, going for the ball.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-25-2005 at 06:56 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #353
Buccaneer
Head Coach

With the Pats winning, at least something good has happened today.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:03 PM   #354
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Rather a good weekend for Boston/New England

Red Sox sweep the Orioles and tie the Yankees for first place in the AL East, and the remaining schedule favors them (7 at home for them vs 7 on the road for the Yanks)

Revs clinch a playoff berth with a win over the Mutts (Metrostars), and come closer to clinching home field for the playoffs.

BC goes into Death Valley and beats Clemson despite having a backup QB in there.

And now the Pats were the better team against Pittsburgh.. but need a Brady drive in the last minute thanks to the red zone turnovers (and refs). But a win's a win
Old 09-25-2005, 07:05 PM   #355
miami_fan
Coordinator

Watching the highlights of the Eagles-Raiders game I am wondering. They had a position player kicking off when Akers got hurt. How is it possible that the punter could not kick off and/or kick a field goal. Most kids (that I have seen) do both at least through high school. At the very least you would think the punter/kicker would spend a bit of time in practice doing the other just in case of situations like today's game
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:06 PM   #356
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
Only rushing four in that matter without disguising who was coming demonstrated they were going to be passive which left the underneath pass wide open.
Funny I thought that was New Englands story. Only rushing 4 and dropping everyone else and still getting to Roethlisberger every play. That to me was the key to this victory. NE's front 4 was simply awesome!
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #357
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The interesting thing was the Offensive Line had two rookies on the left side for a good percentage of the game. Nice to see the rooks contribute.

Brady 12 for 12 the 4th quarter. Wow.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #358
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

To with possible both Pennington and Fiedler out for a while, Brooks Bolinger could be the top QB for the J-E-T-S.

How much would anyone wanna bet Vinny ends up the backup.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #359
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

did they say what the word is on Harrison's injury? and Matt Light?

Harrison's leg bending sideways wasn't nice to see

FM
Old 09-25-2005, 07:23 PM   #360
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Well Light was questionable to return to the game. That's probably as close as we'll get to the truth.

I'm just going to assume Harrison is out for the season. Hopefully he can come back next year.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #361
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Well Light was questionable to return to the game. That's probably as close as we'll get to the truth.

I'm just going to assume Harrison is out for the season. Hopefully he can come back next year.

Yeah, that's always the joke about it. Heck, even Harrison was said to be questionable to return at one point...

FM
Old 09-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #362
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
To with possible both Pennington and Fiedler out for a while, Brooks Bolinger could be the top QB for the J-E-T-S.

How much would anyone wanna bet Vinny ends up the backup.

Would they actually start Bollinger? I can see them rolling Chad back out there
Old 09-25-2005, 07:38 PM   #363
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Fascinating that the Giants are 7 point underdogs tonight. That seems very generous in the direction of San Diego.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:38 PM   #364
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie

(Warning, warning Pats Fanboy speaking) Second of all, bush league pass interference call. Apparently the defensive player doesn't have a right to the ball if the offensive player puts his hand out behind him to prevent it. At worst, both players doing it, and most places that doesn't get called against the home team.

The defender does have a right to the ball but A) he has to turn and look for the ball and B) he cannot go through the offensive guy to get the ball. Of all teams to cry about the refs, NE should not be one of them.

And finally, I think Phil Simms secretly sleeps with Tom Brady and Belicheck (sp?). He cant stop talking about them the entire game. Give it a rest Phil.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:39 PM   #365
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
The defender does have a right to the ball but A) he has to turn and look for the ball and B) he cannot go through the offensive guy to get the ball. Of all teams to cry about the refs, NE should not be one of them.

And finally, I think Phil Simms secretly sleeps with Tom Brady and Belicheck (sp?). He cant stop talking about them the entire game. Give it a rest Phil.
\

ummmn from what i saw (and given i missed it live action and only saw the replay once so far)

he

a) had already turned his head to look at the ball when the contact was made (as his hand was coming free to swat at the ball)

b) he was ball-side of the defender
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:40 PM   #366
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I find this funny .

Old 09-25-2005, 07:45 PM   #367
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
this is Pat Waldorf, steve's mother. Steve left here about 10 minutes ago. Without embarassing him, we are very much worried about him. He was not in the best state of mind.

please, if anybody talks to Steve tonight, please have him call home. We are legitimately worried, and this message scares me. I will be monitoring here if anybody heres anything.

this again? this a joke? I do seem to recall this happening...months ago...
Old 09-25-2005, 07:47 PM   #368
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

The Giants just absolutely cruised down the field just now before getting a little too conservative. 3-0 Giants.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:49 PM   #369
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
this again? this a joke? I do seem to recall this happening...months ago...

Yeah, he's taking a potshot at me, something that happened after game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.

And fuck you very much, you needle dicked little shithead, steve.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #370
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, he's taking a potshot at me, something that happened after game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.

And fuck you very much, you needle dicked little shithead, steve.

oh yes. now i remember. LOL. byeeee foz! have fun in the box! remember to CYA!
Old 09-25-2005, 07:52 PM   #371
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In fact. Let me expand on it.

Steve, you are a spineless coward who needs to grow a set of balls, because obviously you're too much of a pussy to be a man. You are a sniveling moronic little twit who couldn't resist pulling a coward's tactic on the way out. In other words, fuck you, you parasitic little cumbubble on the end of a leper's pus-filled cock.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #372
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I give the above post a 10.

Wish I knew the background.

Old 09-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #373
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061

No, the truth was never given.

Let me ask: Has anyone ever seen a player taken off on the cart due to a knee injury return to the game?

If you can't even walk off the field because the pain is too great and you are worried about injuring it further, what are the odds that they would put someone back in the game before they completed a full battery of tests, including MRI's?

I don't even want to take a guess as to how many football games I've watched in my lifetime. Far too many which probably tells you what you need to know about me. I've never seen a guy taken off in the cart and come back into a game.

I'd say there is a very good chance that both Harrison and Light are out one month or more.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:56 PM   #374
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

San Diego is now cruising down the field themselves. TD Tomlinson.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #375
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
The Giants just absolutely cruised down the field just now before getting a little too conservative. 3-0 Giants.

And back come the Chargers!

Last edited by miami_fan : 09-25-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #376
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In fact. Let me expand on it.

Steve, you are a spineless coward who needs to grow a set of balls, because obviously you're too much of a pussy to be a man. You are a sniveling moronic little twit who couldn't resist pulling a coward's tactic on the way out. In other words, fuck you, you parasitic little cumbubble on the end of a leper's pus-filled cock.

LOL
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #377
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Short Short version.

I wig out after game 7 of 2003 ALCS. Peel out, in the worst temper my folks have ever seen. Go driving somewhere, and take out my agressions on a tree. My mother, worried about my safety, posts here, asking if anyone knew where I went. I learn a lesson from it, and generally take teasing well about it, but this is the 2nd such bullshit little poke steve's elicited from me, and by fucking god, if I'm gonna get boxed for responding to his infantile twaddle, I'm gonna get my fucking money's worth.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #378
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
\

ummmn from what i saw (and given i missed it live action and only saw the replay once so far)

he

a) had already turned his head to look at the ball when the contact was made (as his hand was coming free to swat at the ball)

b) he was ball-side of the defender

Just so you dont mistake where I am from to my NFL rooting interest, I am NOT a steelers fan. I am an Eagles fan. What chad scott did was interference. Quincy Morgan stopped to catch the ball and Scott ran into him. The penalty was correctly called. If you are referring to another play, then I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:59 PM   #379
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just so you dont mistake where I am from to my NFL rooting interest, I am NOT a steelers fan. I am an Eagles fan. What chad scott did was interference. Quincy Morgan stopped to catch the ball and Scott ran into him. The penalty was correctly called. If you are referring to another play, then I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

from what I saw bsak, Scott looked like he was ball-side of Morgan. like i said though, i only saw the replay once. either way i think that's a ticky-tack foul, and one of those "this is the kind of call the home team gets" sorta calls. which isn't to say the patriots never get those...that's one of those "this is the benefit of being the home team" calls
Old 09-25-2005, 08:01 PM   #380
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:

This looks all to familiar, ala when Coughlin was coach of the Jaguars.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #381
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
from what I saw bsak, Scott looked like he was ball-side of Morgan. like i said though, i only saw the replay once. either way i think that's a ticky-tack foul, and one of those "this is the kind of call the home team gets" sorta calls. which isn't to say the patriots never get those...that's one of those "this is the benefit of being the home team" calls

I'd tend to agree with you with that. It was PI, but wasnt bad enough to be called that late in the game. I tend to like to see the refs let them play and only call the obvious.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #382
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

I am a Pats fan and I think it was an interference call because he pushed the receiver off, not because of the A and B points you wrote in your post, because he had clearly turned for the ball and as DaddyTorgo said, he was not through the receiver to get to the ball...

FM
Old 09-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #383
Hurst2112
College Starter

Chad Scott will get called against every time he is involved with a possible interference play.

Kudos to a couple people from the game...

Ward: Nothing much to say. Everybody knows how good he is.

Brady: Nothing much to say. Everybody knows how good he is.

Patriots undermanned defence: Nothing much to say. Everybody knows how good they are.

Pats were the better team. I would love to see these 2 teams play each week. I hate the Pats...they are too good. Can't really say anything except the Steelers can't maintain their head for 60 minutes against an elite team.

Oh, and I still like Parker. Pats did a great job shuttin the whole rushing game down. Awesome.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #384
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

He backed into him going for the ball. That's the different than running into him.

And it doesn't matter what you are a fan of. Some people just like to hate on the Pats just like they hate on any team in a similar situation. And now these same people will call me an arrogant Pats fan for saying that.

2001-2002, they only won because of luck. 2003-2004, penalties never got called that should of been. Hope there's some excuse for 2005, would mean we had a good year. Is it any wonder Pats fans are a bit vocal?

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-25-2005 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #385
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
I agree with this assessment. The call could have gone either way with no complaint from me (and I am not a "fan" of either team).
Old 09-25-2005, 08:07 PM   #386
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(laughs), btw.. can't believe I spent my 7,000th post on a classless fuckstick like steve
Old 09-25-2005, 08:08 PM   #387
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(laughs), btw.. can't believe I spent my 7,000th post on a classless fuckstick like steve

fozz, are you just BEGGING for the box? Is there like....money in there or something?
Old 09-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #388
kingfc22
Head Coach

That is all....
Old 09-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #389
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

"Bill Cowher pulled some Herm Edwards clock management manuevers tonight."

--the guys on the Pats postgame show. Too true...too true.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #390
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Nope. Just fed up with taking the blatant stuff. The jokes, i can handle, (ask SackAttack how many times he's gotten on my case jokingly about it).. the sly little "Let's make fun of him for it" crap.. well.. I've had about enough of the bullshit, and it's about fucking time I responded.

Yeah, I know don't respond to trolls like steve, it only encourages em..

I don't care. The shit ends here.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:11 PM   #391
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
I agree with this assessment. The call could have gone either way with no complaint from me (and I am not a "fan" of either team).

That's BS WSU. You are either a die hard Patriots fan or you hate their guts. Just admit your anti Patriot bias and you'll be respected more.

FWIW, I thought it was a no brainer PI penalty. I'm still stunned they blitzed 6 in a situation that just didn't call for it. If the safety is over the top and you force Ben to actually make a read as opposed to a hot route man on man call, we never have the game winning kick. The Patriots would have finished the game kneeling down on their own 25.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #392
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
Why the hell did Rattay spike it on 3rd and goal? They had plenty of time to call another play.......argh..

That clock management COST us the game. We should have run a play on 2nd down and then called our last TO if we didn't get in.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:13 PM   #393
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

They would've still needed a first down Troy, the Steelers still had two time outs left. (not much, but yeah)
Old 09-25-2005, 08:15 PM   #394
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Wow, the crowd really does seem to be 50/50 in San Fran.

Yea, I'm fucking tired going to games only to have half the stadium wearing the other jersey. If you have season tickets go to the game. If not, sell the rights to someone who WILL go to the game.

Hate fair-weather fans!!!

Can you tell I'm pissed off that we lost today and I had to sit all around Cowboy fans too.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:19 PM   #395
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
"Bill Cowher pulled some Herm Edwards clock management manuevers tonight."

--the guys on the Pats postgame show. Too true...too true.

Not like you are gonna ice the best kicker in the league. But, you can give you team a chance for a last second miracle.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #396
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Joe Theisman is so full of shit he stinks. He simply makes anything up as he goes along, and never, ever, ever corrects himself. Fucking scumbag.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:28 PM   #397
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

SirFozzie: Haha. Dude. I heard about you punching the tree, but I never knew your moms came on and posted a distress message. I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.....

Stevew: As funny as it may be, give the guy a break
Old 09-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #398
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I just spotted what is now my 2nd favorite fan sign of all time:

"Hey Eli - Nobody Likes You"
Old 09-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #399
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioFriendlyUnitShifter
SirFozzie: Haha. Dude. I heard about you punching the tree, but I never knew your moms came on and posted a distress message. I'm sorry, but that's hilarious.....

Stevew: As funny as it may be, give the guy a break

yeah, it's funny to a point. these days I look back and even I say "WTF was I DOING? That was stupid"

As I said, played for yuks, no big deal. I've taken enough of it in the last.. two years.. that it's funny.

Stupid sophmoric "Appropos of nothing let's make fun of Foz cuz he's a big idiot" "humor" like previous in this thread? Bullshit.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #400
Lorena
Unregistered

21-3? No fucking way!! GO CHARGERS!!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote