JeeberD
General Manager

West Virginia, Ragone. Tech must DIE!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:54 PM   #352
Swaggs
Coordinator

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!

It's almost time.

BTW, Big East basketball is going to be downright filthy next season. I can't wait.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:19 PM   #353
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Ouch.

The refs called a tight game and there were some real questionable calls going against the UW - having Nate Robinson out for most of the 1st half in foul trouble was a real blow. Add to that Louisville's phenomenal shooting from behind the arc and it was good-night Huskies.

I'll give Louisville credit - they are a great shooting team, and they also did a real good job of breaking the Husky defense down with the dribble drive and some fantastic kick-out passes, and their zone was quite effective. They were also helped by poor Husky shooting - the ball just wasn't bouncing our way, and we missed too many inside attempts by not finishing strong.

Every time the UW got close in the 2nd half, Louisville responded with a back-breaking 3 ball. Louisville proved they probably should've been the #1 seed and the Huskies #2.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:06 PM   #354
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosshogg23
When a team is up 7 with 7:40 to go in the half and ends the half down 12 they have serious problems.
Yeah, having their two best players (Simmons and Robinson) on the bench with three fouls. That said, Louisville was very impressive and will be a tough out in the Final 4.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:07 PM   #355
Swaggs
Coordinator

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2005, 11:09 PM   #356
kingfc22
Head Coach

Zona - OSU game is the best game I've personally seen this tournament. Arizona can not miss from the field tonight.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:12 PM   #357
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

What a shot by Stoudamire!
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #358
kingfc22
Head Coach

Indeed. Like to see Reddick make that shot.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #359
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

damn. what a tough loss. 'Zona was fantastic tonight, but State just wouldn't give up. I can't believe that was Eddie Sutton's last game.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:20 PM   #360
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
damn. what a tough loss. 'Zona was fantastic tonight, but State just wouldn't give up. I can't believe that was Eddie Sutton's last game.
Good riddance.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:22 PM   #361
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Outside of the WV-Wake game, this was the best in the tourney. Both teams hit tough shots all night so it makes sense that Salim's unbelievable 15-footer was the difference.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #362
RGunner
High School JV

Gotta love the missed carry call on Stoudamire at the end he picked the ball completely up right before he shot it, ref probably didnt have the balls to call that even though it was so obvious, still a nice shot
RGunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:30 PM   #363
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGunner
Gotta love the missed carry call on Stoudamire at the end he picked the ball completely up right before he shot it, ref probably didnt have the balls to call that even though it was so obvious, still a nice shot
OK, what about the obvious push-off by Graham the play before? Those things just don't get called in the final seconds.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:48 PM   #364
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
I can't believe that was Eddie Sutton's last game.

I don't know why people keep saying this. Unless there's something I haven't heard, Sutton has said as recently as yesterday that he would be back next season for one more.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #365
Z²+
High School JV

WVU basketball, as much as it pains me to say it, is representing the Big East well, long after the early exit of the power programs.

A real mess in Morgantown though. It's an absolute shame and embarrassment to the state and to the conference. Celebrating a victory is one of the greatest aspects of college athletics. Thousands of drunken students setting the entire campus on fire is not celebrating. Throwing bottles at television reporters is not celebrating. Fighting with police who are trying to ensure the safety of the non-asshats is not celebrating. Way to tarnish another victory, Morgantown. Makes me glad I attended an out-of-state college.

Sorry for the threadjack. Just needed to be said.

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Z²+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:25 AM   #366
timmynausea
College Starter

This kind of thing happens at Western Michigan and it's just college kids getting out of control like college kids do. When it happens in West Virginia it's classless rednecks that should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not defending the behavior in either case, I'm just sick of hearing about it in regards to WVU (particularly in such overtly condescending terms) and not so much when it happens elsewhere. Also Eat Shit Pitt.

Last edited by timmynausea : 03-25-2005 at 01:42 AM.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 AM   #367
Z²+
High School JV

Everything you say is right on the money (sans the last sentence, of course ). I surely underestimate how often this type of celebration occurs, although I'll readily admit it's a problem in far more places than just WVU. But it wasn't Kalamazoo that was all over the news in flames tonight. I find it hard not to comment when a horde of "students" decides to spend a Thursday evening rolling innocent people's cars into street fires and throwing bottles at law enforcement officers trying to keep the peace by protecting the fans who were celebrating in non-criminal ways.

You make it clear that you aren't condoning this type of criminal behavior, but you seem willing to accept it as part of college life. That's your prerogative, and a view shared no doubt by many. But I obviously don't share this view. I admittedly limit my criticism to WVU, because I grew up loving the Mountaineers, and am ashamed that this pointless ritual is embraced the masses at the school. I don't wish to paint every WVU student as a "classless redneck", as you termed it, as not every WVU student engages in this reprehensible behavior, including several of my closest friends.

Maybe what I don't understand, is why the students think it is necessary. I've been at Pitt for several years, both as an undergraduate and a professional student. We celebrate as fiercely and vigorously as any school out there. Bowl victories. BCS births. Rivalry victories. NCAA tourney victories. Big East Championships in the non-revenue sports. But news telecasts don't lead the night with stories of Oakland in flames after every significant victory.

You are also correct about my being overtly condescending. A byproduct of escaping WV for the big city lights of Pitt

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:34 AM   #368
sooner333
College Starter

Yeah, Eddie will stay at least one more year, to take heat off of his son. He knows next year is rebuilding, and he probably doesn't want his son, the head coach-designate, to have to feel the pressure of a sub-par season.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:22 AM   #369
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
Yeah, Eddie will stay at least one more year, to take heat off of his son. He knows next year is rebuilding, and he probably doesn't want his son, the head coach-designate, to have to feel the pressure of a sub-par season.

Exactly, and he has said this numerous times. In fact, just a couple days ago, he said he would return even if OSU won the national title. But that announcer in the game said like three times I think that it was his last game. I kept thinking surely someone would tell him during a break that he was wrong.

And obviously, Cam bought it.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #370
Swaggs
Coordinator

Old 03-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #371
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z²+
Maybe what I don't understand, is why the students think it is necessary. I've been at Pitt for several years, both as an undergraduate and a professional student. We celebrate as fiercely and vigorously as any school out there. Bowl victories. BCS births. Rivalry victories. NCAA tourney victories. Big East Championships in the non-revenue sports. But news telecasts don't lead the night with stories of Oakland in flames after every significant victory.

I go to graduate school at Pitt and have many friends that can attest to what I am about to say. Pitt fans have to be some of the biggest bandwagon fans in college sports. They had a BCS caliber football team the past two years and they couldnt even sell out every game. The worst part of it all is that they had season...yes you heard me right SEASON tickets packages starting at $60. There are schools like Michigan and Ohio State that charge that much per game. I know I hear the excuse all the time that Pittsburgh is a Pro Sports town. That's a bunch of bull, if the Panthers have all this "support" and now they have some good teams, they should be able to easily sell out each football game. Just look at the Pitt vs WVU games that are played at Heinz Field. I have been to the last two and seriously there have been more WVU fans than Pitt fans.

As for basketball, in the beginning of the year Jaime Dixon, Krauser, Taft, and Troutman were the next coming of a great team. Then I sat in the stands in the Peterson Events Center watching them play Bucknell and listen to the Pitt "fans" around me. Just when the team needed the crowd support the most, the fans were booing, telling others that Troutman was drunk and hung over from the night before, and some were even chanting that Krauser was a no good n***er. That sort of stuff does not make the news casts. What does make the newscasts is how the Peterson Events center had a lot of empty seats at the end of the year. That was unheard of before that. So much for the great fan support. So what that the people in WVU burn a few couches, they are from West Virginia, they dont know any better. Right Swaggs??

I don't know how much you have walked around Oakland much lately but it is not a pretty place to walk around at night. They have done some nice things to the upper part of campus but seriously you cannot walk around Oakland at night and feel safe.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:37 AM   #372
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It seems to me that with the exception of the steelers Pitt is a lousy sports town in general.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #373
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
OK, what about the obvious push-off by Graham the play before? Those things just don't get called in the final seconds.

I don't think there should have been a call on Stoudamire, but I thought the replay showed this was a clear flop by Radinovich(sp?).
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 12:18 PM   #374
Cuckoo
College Starter

Honestly, I'm not real concerned with non-calls or anything as I think the officiating was pretty good in that game. Arizona played really well, but OSU still held in the game. It was one of the best games of the tournament in my opinion, and I knew that OSU would have a hard time with them. I had hoped that Stoudamire would have an off game, but it just seemed like he could hit whenever he wanted to.

In the end, OSU missed big shots at the end, and Arizona made them. Great game by two great teams. And I agree with Sutton. If Arizona plays like that against Illinois, they can definitely go to the Final Four.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #375
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Another solid performance by a big East team I had in the final 4.

But, yeah, it's a great conference.

So does that Louisville win over Washington count as Big East over Pac Ten yet or what? Starting next year the Big East will be by far the best basketball conference when they add Cincy and Lousiville. I guess you guys talking about how the Big East sucks missed the tournament the last couple years, anyway, though. (2003 National Champs: Syracuse, 2004 National Champs: UConn) A great conference, indeed.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #376
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
This kind of thing happens at Western Michigan and it's just college kids getting out of control like college kids do. When it happens in West Virginia it's classless rednecks that should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not defending the behavior in either case, I'm just sick of hearing about it in regards to WVU (particularly in such overtly condescending terms) and not so much when it happens elsewhere. Also Eat Shit Pitt.
The different viewpoints probably have a basis in past action. You can chalk up everything that happens in Morgantown to just 'kids being kids', but the things that have occurred up there go beyond that. It's WVU fan behavior that has caused VT's administration to cancel our long-standing home and home series with WVU...if we ever play them again in football after 2005, the odds are that it will have to be at a neutral site.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:12 PM   #377
sooner333
College Starter

BTW, I was pulling for 'Zona in the game yesterday. osu fans continuously root against OU, going against us every year in the All-College Classic at the Ford center with boos, so I'm just happy to return the favor.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:20 PM   #378
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
The different viewpoints probably have a basis in past action. You can chalk up everything that happens in Morgantown to just 'kids being kids', but the things that have occurred up there go beyond that. It's WVU fan behavior that has caused VT's administration to cancel our long-standing home and home series with WVU...if we ever play them again in football after 2005, the odds are that it will have to be at a neutral site.
I have no idea why WVU fans would hate Virginia Tech so much. Oh yeah, maybe the lying to our face and stabbing us in the back to join the ACC thing. Just because you had a hand in something that potentially jeopardizes the future of all our sports programs is no reason for those students to hate you, though.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:02 PM   #379
Z²+
High School JV

Quote:
I have no idea why WVU fans would hate Virginia Tech so much. Oh yeah, maybe the lying to our face and stabbing us in the back to join the ACC thing. Just because you had a hand in something that potentially jeopardizes the future of all our sports programs is no reason for those students to hate you, though.

But this is a flawed argument. Do you think we at Pitt (or anyone at Rutgers or any Big East School) are any less upset at BC, VTech, Miami, and the ACC? What gives students at WVU any special right to resort to dangerous and criminal activity after a victory over a hated rival such as VTech? In their final conference scheduled game, Pitt defeated VTech ('03) and BC ('04) at home, and beat WVU in a huge rivalry game with BCS implication on Thanksgiving night at home. Students were ecstatic. Celebration and hijinx ensued. Mirth abound. But the local newscasts didn't have to report cars on fire and police in riot gear having bottles thrown at them. That's not celebration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
Pitt fans have to be some of the biggest bandwagon fans in college sports.

This can't be disputed. It's absolutely true. Pitt fans are extremely fickle. Many theories, such as the city being a "pro town" and the lack of any substantial and consistant success in the major revenue sports in the past 2 decades (not including the renaissance of the last 5 years). But whatever the cause, it's true. I share your frustration that a Pitt home football game is over 50% WVU fans. I'm ashamed that Pitt can't even travel well to a BCS game, while WVU fans will trek across country to watch their Mounties play in the CorportateSponser.com bowl. But I guess I should have narrowed the focus of my criticism last night. I'm not commenting on the "adult" WVU fans, who are presumably not (currently) involved in this ridiculous tradition. I'm assuming the 45 year old WVU Law alum and the 31 year old WVU broadcasting alum and the 55 year old WVU teaching alum aren't in the streets at 2:00 a.m. destroying property and creating havoc. I love Pitt's student section; I've been part of it for 5 years. We are almost as fickled as the adult alums. We hated Walt Harris for being a geeky waste of space. We booed when we almost lost to Furman. We criticized a loss to Bucknell. But we are still a force. We cheer our team to victory more often than not, and celebrate heartily after a victory. But we have the sensibilty not to destroy the neighborhood that we live in and potentially cause thousands of dollars of property damage and potential loss of life and or limb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
I don't know how much you have walked around Oakland much lately but it is not a pretty place to walk around at night. They have done some nice things to the upper part of campus but seriously you cannot walk around Oakland at night and feel safe

Nothing you say can be disputed. But such is the nature of an urban campus. The same can be said for parts of Morgantown, and probably almost any other urban-situation college campus. But this isn't really indicative of the students' or fans' behavior. For the most part, it's not PItt students who are making Oakland unsafe, just as it's not WVU students fault if parts of Grant Ave. are unsafe. EXCEPT when the unsafe conditions are caused by a mob of students setting fire to everything in their path. Then, the students are responsible.

P-I-T-T Let's go Pitt!
Old 03-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #380
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
First off, poor WVU fan behavior existed prior to our decision to join the ACC...secondly, how exactly was VT "lying to our face and stabbing [WVU] in the back"? Mike Tranghese himself said -

''Virginia Tech has been a great member,’’ Tranghese said. ''I know they’re taking some shots, but they basically got politicized into this position. They weren’t out there trying to leave the conference.’’

http://www.810whb.com/scripts/archiv...p?article=5525

Is it our fault that the remaining Big East schools felt like "we were in this together" in regards to the lawsuit against the ACC? Why in the world would we want to band together to help a conference that did nothing but crap on us the entire time we were members? We were kept out of all-sports membership despite our football success keeping the BEFC afloat during the Miami probation. And even when we were finally allowed to join, we were charged out the ass and cheated out of revenue due to terms that past expansionees were not forced to pay. The conference leadership never did squat for VT and I can't even fathom how anyone would think that we should have stayed behind to play in MAC-East when the ACC invite came.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 05:22 PM   #381
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Let's go, SPARTY!!!!

Beat those Duke Bitches!!!

BIG TEN AND MICHIGAN PRIDE!!

SPARTY!!!!!

I'll be behind the Green & White in a way I haven't been since Percy Snow roamed the grid iron for 'em.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #382
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I don't think there should have been a call on Stoudamire, but I thought the replay showed this was a clear flop by Radinovich(sp?).
I agree that neither should have been called. The play by Graham was a good no call as it was tough to see if it was a flop (which it looked more like in slo-mo). And, the refs hadn't called either team on the carry all night even though I remember a few by Arizona (Shakur and Stoudamire) and OK St. (the frosh guard) earlier. Normally, unless a player gets a nice advantage, they don't call it anyway. And, given Salim had two guys on him when taking the final shot, I don't think he had that big an advantage from it

Unless there's an obvious advantage or legit foul, I see no need for the refs to call ticky-tack at the end of the game.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:22 PM   #383
JSB
n00b

Duke haters unite!
Let's not start the clock until the very moment AFTER they lose possesion before the end of the half. Serves them right .
Eventhough they made the right call on the scoring is it insane to think that Duke was still helped out by the stoppage? What If the clock were running the whole time? Rather than taking it all the way for two (since he had time) it turns into a desperate three for MSU that goes in.
JSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:24 PM   #384
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
So does that Louisville win over Washington count as Big East over Pac Ten yet or what? Starting next year the Big East will be by far the best basketball conference when they add Cincy and Lousiville. I guess you guys talking about how the Big East sucks missed the tournament the last couple years, anyway, though. (2003 National Champs: Syracuse, 2004 National Champs: UConn) A great conference, indeed.
Hmm, you mention prior years and next season, but fail to address the point I was making involving THIS season. Hey, if having 6 teams in the tourney and 4 leave after losing to worse seeds or in the first round is your idea of a successful tourney, enjoy your conference's "success". The Pac-10 will probably have just as many teams in the Elite 8 as the Big East, despite having fewer teams in both their conference and the tourney.

West Virginia is a very good team and one I have thoroughly enjoyed watching. But that doesn't change the fact the Big East's three best teams (UCONN, BC and Syracuse) all had embarassing losses to double-digit seeds. You can bring in prior seasons or speculate about next season until you are blue in the face, but that fact makes it pretty clear to me that the Big East laid an egg in this tourney overall.

Last edited by Arles : 03-25-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 07:37 PM   #385
JSB
n00b

Quote:
Hmm, you mention prior years and next season, but fail to address the point I was making involving THIS season. Hey, if having 6 teams in the tourney and 4 leave after losing to worse seeds or in the first round is your idea of a successful tourney, enjoy your conference's "success". The Pac-10 will probably have just as many teams in the Elite 8 as the Big East, despite having fewer teams in both their conference and the tourney.

West Virginia is a very good team and one I have thoroughly enjoyed watching. But that doesn't change the fact the Big East's three best teams (UCONN, BC and Syracuse) all had embarassing losses to double-digit seeds. You can bring in prior seasons or speculate about next season until you are blue in the face, but that fact makes it pretty clear to me that the Big East laid an egg in this tourney overall.
I'm rooting for a West Virginia - Villanova Final
JSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:20 PM   #386
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am so nervous right now, I can hardly breathe........

GO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: Or spell apparantly.

Last edited by Schmidty : 03-25-2005 at 08:22 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:24 PM   #387
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty

Michigan St deserves to win this game. They are playing much better than Duke on both ends of the floor.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #388
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty

no need to be nervous. Duke isn't a team built for a comeback.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:29 PM   #389
Swaggs
Coordinator

I live in Durham and am not getting the Duke game.

Wisconsin is looking in control over NC State. Both teams think they are actors with the way they are flopping. I wish they'd call technicals on them.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #390
Swaggs
Coordinator

By the way, if Arles thinks the Big East laid an egg, I want to hear what he has to say about the ACC (assuming Duke and NC State don't pull off miracles).

Last edited by Swaggs : 03-25-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #391
Easy Mac

I don't get how the announcers praised Ewing the whole game. He was horribly sloppy the entire game. How many TO's did he have?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:33 PM   #392
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Goodbye Duke.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:36 PM   #393
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Three Big 10 teams in the Elite Eight. Not too shabby for such a "down" year.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 08:38 PM   #394
Schmidty
Coordinator

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #395
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
By the way, if Arles thinks the Big East laid an egg, I want to hear what he has to say about the ACC (assuming Duke and NC State don't pull off miracles).
I think it comes down to the UNC-Nova game. If UNC wins that game, the ACC is still looking OK. The one thing about the ACC is that no teams lost in the first round and 3 of the 5 made the Sweet 16. What is interesting, though, is that we could very well have a final 4 with no ACC or Big East teams. That would probably give the East of the Mississippi crowd a collective heart attack
Old 03-25-2005, 09:29 PM   #396
-Mojo Jojo-
High School Varsity

Catch the Big 10 fever Go Badgers!!
-Mojo Jojo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 09:31 PM   #397
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Although, if Nova takes care of UNC, I think the conference will have saved face and the ACC will end up as the disappointment. I mean, you have 2 No. 1s and a No. 2 and don't have any teams in the Elite 8. Not good.
Old 03-25-2005, 10:03 PM   #398
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky's bench 29 - Utah 24 Halftime

Still winning despite the refs trying their best to give this one to Utah. 4 of our starters played 10 minutes or less due to foul trouble.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #399
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I can't comment on the game since I didn't see a second of it aside from what was shown at the half (being in Michigan, quite naturally, they showed MSU-Duke). I can only tell something was wrong when State went from up 9 to trailing badly and had scored only 7 points in the first ten minutes of the second half. That implies a couple of things: a scoring drought on our part (not atypical, trust me) and the Badgers suddenly figured out how to play offense. I'm not terribly upset by the loss and I guess I can attribute that to a couple of things. One, I didn't see the game so I could only get wound up so much by the ticker in the upper left (though I'm sure I spent more time watching that than the game that was actually on the screen) and two, my lovely little daughter was playing around and having fun, reminding me that there is so much more to life nowadays for me than the outcome of a game. It would have been wonderful had they moved on, but I now have something to get me through the offseasons and keep my head on my shoulders and remind me what's great about life during the seasons.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 10:28 PM   #400
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Dola...

It was predictable. I should have known it was going to happen. I went to the State board anyway and of course, all the posters who have nothing but hate for Sendek who have been strangely absent for the most part the last two weeks are back on the board ripping into him again. The season has only been over for a couple of hours and the infighting for next year is already beginning to take shape. It's wonderful to be a Pack fan.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote