Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2005, 09:33 AM   #351
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
I go away on vacation for 2 weeks only to find out you've sold your soul to Wigan. Look out for Quiksand, he hates Wigan.

Sorry to disappoint you. I did agonize over the decision. If it matters to either of you, I only plan on using Wigan as a stepping stone
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:10 PM   #352
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm still quite lost. Mizzourah told me he didn't get a book with the game.

I've started over to see if I can make any more sense out of it. How do I sell a player that I can see is "wanted"?

What about the greyed out players on the reserve and U-18 squads? I can't use them at all?

One last thing, every time I try to save a training plan (or whatnot), it doesn't save. When I load up the game again, the default training is shown.

Is there a suggested training regime as well?
Old 03-01-2005, 05:50 PM   #353
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'm still quite lost. Mizzourah told me he didn't get a book with the game.

I've started over to see if I can make any more sense out of it. How do I sell a player that I can see is "wanted"?

What about the greyed out players on the reserve and U-18 squads? I can't use them at all?

One last thing, every time I try to save a training plan (or whatnot), it doesn't save. When I load up the game again, the default training is shown.

Is there a suggested training regime as well?

If a guy is wanted you can see what teams are interested in his profile by clicking on one of the tabs (either personal or transfer.) Just because a team is interested, doesn't necessarily mean they will bid on him. However, if you want you can offer him to clubs. I tend to avoid that because I think it makes it clear I REALLY want to move him and they low ball me. But, if you don't want to wait for them to make an offer it can be helpful.

Greyed out players are guys that are sort of place holders. They are fictional players who are not signed to full contracts and are strictly there on a month to month basis. At least that is my understanding of them.

Are you sure your training plan isn't saved but lower on the list, there is a way to scroll through the different training plans, and once you design a plan you need to go to the assignment tab on the left and click that which brings up a screen where you can assign guys to various training regimens.

As far as Todd not getting a book, perhaps he imported a foreign copy that for some reason didn't include it? That would be my only guess. I'm sure people will be glad to answer any questions that come up as you go. I know I will.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:11 PM   #354
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Gah. I didn't know I had to assign it to each player.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #355
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I tend to create specific training plans (rather I use modified versions of the famous "gary" training schedules) and I assign different schedules to keepers, defenders, midfielders, and attackers.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:21 PM   #356
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 4, 2009 -

Today we host Ipswich. We are currently in 18th place. They are currently in 9th place and playing well lately. They are led by the high scoring duo Dean Bowditch and Pablo Counago who each have 14 goals. Their right winger Danny Guthrie has added 9 goals and has 11 assists. Centreback Aidan Collins has played very well for the defense. Keepeer Alexandrs Kolinko has played well lately with 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games. We need to win this game to keep our spot in the league standinds.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's going to be raining with temperatures in the high 50's.

GK: Paddy
DL: MAres
DC: Wall
DC: Ward
DR: Nicell
ML: Elliott
MC: Kelly
MC: Rolfes
MR: Teale
SC: Begeorgi
SC: Giuliani

S1: Gerken
S2: Lunt
S3: Graham
S4: Ambourouet
S5: Roberts
Old 03-01-2005, 06:54 PM   #357
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Elliott steals the ball.. passes it to Begeorgi in the box.. he is 15 yards out slightly left of center.. shoots for the upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

4 minute mark: Elliott with a steal.. attempts a cross.. the defender heads it back over the endline.. corner kick.. Elliott goes for Begeorgi on the near post.. he heads it.. over the bar.

6 minute mark: Rolfes passes it to Giuliani in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper saves it.

22 minute mark: Elliott crosses the ball from left of the box.. Begeorgi with a diving header.. the keeper blocks it.

32 minute mark: Teale steals it.. passes to Kelly who passes to Elliot on the left wing.. Elliott passes back to Kelly who dribbles forward.. passes back to Elliott.. Elliott crosses it for Kelly in the box.. he settles it.. shoots.. upper right corner... the keeper dives... GOAL!!!! Kelly with a great strike!

35 minute mark: Etherington gets a yellow card fora hard tackle on Giuliani.. Giuliani seems to be injured..

Giuliani insists he can still play, I'll be watching him closely.

40 minute mark: Teale takes it down the right sideline.. crosses for Begeorgi who heads it.. barely over the bar.

44 minute mark: Darren Ward gets a yellow card for a trip on Bowditch just outside the box.

46 minute mark: Elliott gets the ball from Wall on the left wing.. he dribbles down the left sideline.. crosses it towards the far post.. Giuliani with a diving header.. it hits off the post.. bounces past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! What a goal!

Halftime: Up 2-0. We have 11,000 fans at this game.

51 minute mark: Elliott crosses to Rolfes in the box.. he heads it.. the keeper tips it over the bar.

59 minute mark: Bowditch gets a long pass.. he shoots.. to the right side of the keeper.. Paddy dives.. catches it! Good save.

65 minute mark: Jason Roberts on for Giuliani and Ambourouet on for Mares.

72 minute mark: Aidan Collins geta a yellow card for tripping Roberts.

74 minute mark: Paddy stops a long shot from Melligan.

90 minute mark: Roberts and Begeorgi with a 2 on 1 breakaway.. Roberts about to pass to Begeorgi.. Begeorgi is called for being offside.

Game over! 2-0 win

We outshot them 15-10 (7-5 on goal)

Elliott won MoM, 17 of 24 passes, 3 of 6 tackles, 4 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 8 runs, 2 assist, 10 for form!
Old 03-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #358
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Mr. Whelan is very happy with this win over the Tractor Boys.

Coventry has won promotion to the EPL today.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #359
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 5, 2009 -

Brian Little has left Tranmere to take over as manager at Hull. Hull are currently 23rd in the Championship.

An Update on Harrogate:

They have started getting some ties and a few wins. In their last 10 games, they have 3 wins, 4 ties, and 3 losses. They have moved up to 23rd place in the League One and with a few more wins could avoid relegation.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:21 PM   #360
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 6, 2009 -

Stuart Elliott was selected to the Championship team of the week.

Wycombe has agreed to send striker Greg Pearson here for 40,000 dollars. My scout saw him score a hat trick a few weeks ago, and thinks he really has potential. The 22 year old striker has agreed to a 1,000/week deal for 3 years.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:41 PM   #361
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 11, 2009 -

Today we travel to play QPR. QPR run a 3-5-2 and have a strong midfield and a potent attack. They are currently in 8th place while we are currently in 17th. QPR's defense is led by Danny Shittu who has been playing superb defense all year. His main partner Abdeslam Quaddou is injured and Gino Padula will really have to step up his game this match. Christian Roberts has been leading the offense with Shane Paul supporting him well up front. Midfielders Marcus Bean and Martin Rowlands have been dominating the ball in their sections of the pitch. This will be a tough team for us to beat, but we need to rise to the occasion.

QPR are 6-4 favorites

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 70's today.

DL: Baines
DR: Wright
MC: Lunt
MC: Rix

S2: Nicell
S5: Roberts
Old 03-01-2005, 08:18 PM   #362
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Crud! I accidently deleted the play by play in the game before I posted it and am now past the game.

We won 2-0 in a hard fought game. Begeorgi had a goal on an assist from Elliott. Elliott was subsequently hurt in the 15th minute and I had to bring Nicell on in the midfield and move Lunt to left wing.

Graham came on as a sub at the 70th minute mark and after a great pass from Lunt made a move on the keeper, Chris Day. Chris Day tripped Graham and earned himself a red card in the process. The backup keeper had to come face Graham for the penalty shot which Graham buried for the final margin of 2-0.

Every player except the injured Elliott had an 8 for form and Teale won MoM.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:19 PM   #363
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 11, 2009 -

Dave Jones has been sacked by Bolton (18th in the EPL.) Kevin Keegan and Pepe More are the most likely candidates to be his replacement according to the TV.

Gary Teale bruised his ribs and will have to miss 2 or 3 days.

Stuart Elliott bruised his shin (an X-Ray was negative) and is expected to miss 5 days.

Mr. Whelan is absolutely thrilled with the win over QPR.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:21 PM   #364
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 14, 2009 -

Tom Hutchingson tore his groin muscle in practice today and will miss a week approximately.

Bolton has acted quickly and has named Pepe More as their new manager.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #365
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 14, 2009 -

Today we face Charlton at home. We are currently in 16th place. Charlton is currently in 1st and is running away with the League. They have already guaranteed promotion and will likely win the league title. They are led by the superb play of midfielder Michael Tonge. He has 13 goals and 17 assists on the season. Francis Jeffers is a phenomenal striker who has 25 goals on the year. He is complemented by Jason Euell who has 15 goals on the year. Left winger Paul Konchesky is a skilled player. Right winger Dennis Rommedahl is difficult to defend. Jonathan Fortune anchors the defensive line. Peter Enckelman has been starting in goal lately and has played well, but Stephan Andersen is likely to start. He has played very well in goal.

They are heavy 4-5 favorites.

It's raining and temperatures are in the low 50's today.

DL: Mares
ML: Lunt

S5: Kelly
Old 03-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #366
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Begeorgi tackles Fortune hard.

4 minute mark: Mares with a strong tackle on Rommerdahl.

15 minute mark: Paddy stops a shot from Tonge from 20 yards out.

18 minute mark: Teale with a good corner kick that curves towards the far post.. Rolfes heads it.. nice save by the keeper.

22 minute mark: Fortune gets a yellow card for tripping Begeorgi just outside the box.

25 minute mark: Rommerdahl crosses to Tonge who heads it.. Paddy with a solid save.

41 minute mark: Mares with a nice defensive play on a cross by Rommerdahl.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Lunt has picked up an injury from Rommerdahl. He tells me he can continue to play, but he doesn't look good. I'm going to pull him and have Kelly play left wing.

51 minute mark: Fortune tackles Teale who was on a breakaway.

54 minute mark: Mares with a long through ball to Kelly who beats the keeper but has no angle.. he passes it back to Begeorgi, but the pass is wide wasting a great scoring opportunity.

56 minute mark: Teale passes it to Rix at midfield who passes it long to Kelly in the box.. Kelly beats the defender.. dribbles towards the left post.. the keeper is trying to cut off the far post angle.. Kelly shoots.. near post.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

65 minute mark: kelly dribbles down the left sideline.. crosses to Begeorgi who heads it.. barely wide left.

70 minute mark: Graham on for Begeorgi who is tired. Nicell on for Teale who is tired.

90 minute mark: Nicell with a tenacious play to steal it at midfield.. he has really impressed at right wing.. he steals it.. passes it to Graham.. great pass.. Graham shoots.. upper right corner.. Andersen with a great save.

Game over! An impressive 1-0 win for us

They outshot us 15-8 (6-5 on goal)

Pavel Mares has a 9 for form (along with Paddy.) Mares wins MoM, 25 of 33 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 14 of 14 headers, 4 interceptions.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #367
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Swindon has been relegated from the Championship.

Bury has been relegated from League Two.

We have moved up to 14th place. With 3 games to play, there is a slim chance we can move into the top half of the table with a few more wins. We are currently 3 points behind the 11th placed team. We have definitely guaranteed that we will not be relegated this year.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:56 PM   #368
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Any chance for a league table in the final stretch?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #369
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I think thats 3 matches without allowing a goal...nice!
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 12:51 AM   #370
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Any chance for a league table in the final stretch?

Sure, I'll do that tomorrow. Basically, I'm hoping the patch comes out for FM tomorrow. Plan on applying that and finishing up the season tomorrow.

nfg22, I think you are right
Old 03-02-2005, 06:08 PM   #371
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 17, 2009 -

Striker Matt Harrold has asked to be placed on the transfer list. He actually has developed nicely on the reserve squad this year and while I comply with his wishes, I decide I need to get him some PT this upcoming year as a rotator if he continues to develop.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #372
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Yay!
So will the patch "kick in" in the off-season, or even now?
Old 03-02-2005, 06:13 PM   #373
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here are the standings at this point with 3 games left:

Old 03-02-2005, 06:14 PM   #374
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yay!
So will the patch "kick in" in the off-season, or even now?

Actually, I've noticed a little bump in one or two of my guys already. I'm sure I'll see more effects during the off-season
Old 03-02-2005, 06:21 PM   #375
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 18, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Sheff Wed. They are currently in 18th place while we are in 14th place. Sheff Wed has been plagued by the long standing injury to their top centreback, Chris Doig. He is questionable for this game and it will be interesting to see if he comes back tonight. Right fullback Jon Otsemobor has played well for the defense. Left winger Chris Brunt has been a creative player who has 10 assists and 6 goals on the season. Striker Szilard Nemeth has 14 goals and has been the main scorer for the team, but Lee Peacock and Ian Stonebridge have each chipped in 8 goals on the year. Their keeper Stefan Postma has played either very well or very bad in most of his games, he has 14 clean sheets in 44 starts, but has given up 2.5 goals/game in his other 30 starts. It will be interesting to see what end of the split we end up on tonight.

They are 6-4 favorites.

It's going to be overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

DL: Baines
ML: Lunt

Old 03-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #376
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Rolfes and Begeorgi with a great two man game passing back and forth down the pitch.. Begeorgi crosses to Rolfes who heads it.. just over the bar.

6 minute mark: Rix steals it at midfield.. passes it to Begeorgi who heads it to Giuliani.. takes a few steps into the box.. shoots from 17 yards.. right over the keeper's left shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! Nice shot from Giuliani.

44 minute mark: Wright passes it to Teale who gets it on the right corner of the pitch.. he passes back to Wright.. who centers for Rix just inside the box.. Rix shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. Nice shot by Rix.

Halftime: Up 2-0. Over 22,000 Sheffield fans here tonight.

60 minute mark: Graham on for Giuliani. Kelly on for Rix who has been slightly injured this game.

91 minute mark: Wall with a nice tackle on Farrell to stop an offensive drive.

93 minute mark: Ward stops Nemeth with a hard clean tackle.

Game over. 2-0 win for us

We outshot them 12-5 (6-1 on goal)

Rix won MoM, 32 of 37 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 0 headers, 4 interceptions, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, 1 goal. 8 for form.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #377
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Yes another clean sheet, I think its time for some praise, even though I wish O' connor would have come, Im starting to like this guy....

Last edited by nfg22 : 03-02-2005 at 06:40 PM.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 06:52 PM   #378
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Ben Rix has injured his calf and will miss approximately 2 weeks.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #379
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
Yes another clean sheet, I think its time for some praise, even though I wish O' connor would have come, Im starting to like this guy....

Yeah, I'm really liking him too. His only big negative is that he is already 30.
Old 03-02-2005, 06:55 PM   #380
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 19, 2009 -

I just realized the club is hemorraging money! We just got an injection from the board of 2 million to help with financial expenses, but we are suffering major financial losses right now and are entering into the red.

I decide to praise Paddy for his excellent play in goal lately.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 PM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 21, 2009 -

Pavel Mares and Simon Rolfes were selected to the Championship Team of the week.

Fans of Wigan are said to be delighted with the form of Paddy Kenny in todays local newspaper.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #382
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 25, 2009 -

Today we have our last game on TV for the year. We are hosting Stoke today. We are currently in 13th place and Stoke is in 15th place. Stoke's right fullback Simon Francis is hurt and this will hurt their defense. Centreback Antonio Soldevilla will have to step up and play well this game. Keeper Neil Alexander has a split personality like the last keeper we faced. He has 17 clean sheets, but has given up 2.3 goals/game in his other 29 starts. Striker Leon Knight is the main source of offense with 16 goals, but Gifton Noel-Williams also has 10 goals. Midfielder James Chambers has played good defense and offense for them.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining today with temperatures in the high 60's.

Sc: Begeorgi

Old 03-02-2005, 07:34 PM   #383
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

16 minute mark: Teale throws the ball into Giuliani who crosses for Elliott who unleashes a powerful shot from 10 yards.. into the crossbar.. the defense clears it.

21 minute mark: Mares intercepts the ball.. dribbles down the left sideline.. plays a perfect through ball into the box.. Giuliani gets to it.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it partially.. it trickles towards the goal... the keeper pounces on it.

39 minute mark: Paddy with a nice save of a shot by Phelan from 15 yards out.

40 minute mark: Paddy stops a shot from Noel-Williams from just outside the box.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 17,00 fans here today! (We need more games like this to start making some money)

55 minute mark: Elliott passes to Begeorgi who heads it to Giuliani in the box.. he shoots.. into the crossbar.

64 minute mark: Graham on for Begeorgi. Kelly on for Lunt.

71 minute mark: Hutchingson crosses to Noel-Williams by the near post.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner of the goal. GOAL. Down 1-0.

74 minute mark: Paddy stops a long shot from Vernazza.

Game over. 1-0 loss.

We were outshot 10-8 (3-3 on target)

Bryn Halliwell (who started in goal for them today) won MoM. Every player on my team had a 7 for form.

The TV announcers had predicted an easy win for us today, and were surprised that we lost 1-0.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:48 PM   #384
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Hull has been relegated from the Championship.

Rotherham have been relegated from the Championship.

Norwich have won the League One Title.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:49 PM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 29, 2009 -

Paddy Kenny has broken his wrist today in practice and will miss approximately 6 weeks. We only have 1 game left, so this is not a big deal as long as he recovers completely.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:49 PM   #386
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I cannot wait to get my new notebook and this game. Seems like an awesome way to "wind down" after a hard day of work, and just relieve stress.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:52 PM   #387
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 30, 2009 -

Today Chelsea won their 4th consecutive EPL title!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:53 PM   #388
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I cannot wait to get my new notebook and this game. Seems like an awesome way to "wind down" after a hard day of work, and just relieve stress.

It definitely is.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:58 PM   #389
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 1st, 2009 -

WOW! Mr. Whelan called me into his office to tell me that he is very pleased with my management of the team. I didn't think he would be with our financial problems this year.

Leicester's Lee Martin has won Player of the Month. Stuart Elliott came in 2nd, and Gary Dempsey of Millwall came in 3rd.

Leicester's Ian Hall has won Young Player of the Month. Magnus Troest of Reading came in 2nd, and Anthony Grant of Coventry came in 3rd.

I've won Manager of the Month thanks to 4 wins in the last 5 games! Paul Fairclough of Wolverhampton came in 2nd, and Ernie Tippett of Millwall came in 3rd.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-02-2005 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:02 PM   #390
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 2, 2009 -

Macclesfield have won the League Two Title today.

Notts. Co have won promotion to League One today.

Northampton have been relegated from League One today.

Chesterfield have won promotion to the Championship.

Harrogate Town has been relegated from League One

Brentford has been relegated from League One.

Crystal Palace has been relegated from the EPL.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #391
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 3rd, 2009 -

Today we have our final game of the year. We will be traveling to play Crewe today. Crewe is currently in 7th place while we are in 13th place. Crewe has been led by the phenomenal striker Stefan Moore who has 23 goals on the year. His partner Kyle Wilson has chipped in with 15 goals as well. Left Winger Mario has been very creative this year and has played very well. Keeper Gareth Williams has been consistently very good. Right fullback Chris McCready has anchored the defense.

We are even odds favorites

It's windy today with temperatures in the high 50's.

GK: Gerken (with Paddy out not much choice.)

S1: Hudell (emergency keeper - GULP!)
Old 03-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #392
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Fox tests Gerken early with a blistering shot from 30 yards.. Gerken blocks it.. right to Burgess who shoots the rebound.. Gerken dives.. tips it over the bar!

14 minute mark: Lunt takes a free kick from 30 yards out.. it deflects off the wall.. but continues to fly towards goal, but now towards the right lower corner.. the keeper can't react.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

25 minute mark: Gerken stops a shot from Stefan Moore from 20 yards out.

27 minute mark: Wall with a key defensive play on Ben Burgess.

Halftime: Up 1-0.

59 minute mark: Fabrice picks up a minor injury. I decide to pull him from the game. I put Graham on for him. I also decide to put Nicell on for Teale who has picked up a minor injury.

68 minute mark: Wright with a strong defensive play.

71 minute mark: Mario shoots from 25 yards out.. hard curving shot.. Gerken tips it over the bar.

77 minute mark: Mario passes to Moore in the box.. Moore shoots from just left of the penalty marker.. powerful shot.. Gerken blocks it.. Wall clears the rebound.

79 minute mark: We hit them on the counter.. long pass to Elliott.. he crosses to Lunt.. powerful left footed shot.. upper right corner.. keeper dives.. it is past him.. it grazes the bar and sails over!

84 minute mark: Wall stops a Moore breakaway.

Game over. 1-0 win for us

They outshot us 18-8 (8-5 on goal in their favor)

Dean Gerken wins MoM for his 8 save clean sheet performance! He really surprised me and impressed me tonight
Old 03-02-2005, 08:28 PM   #393
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: Charlton have officially won the English Championship Title.

We finished with 18 wins, 7 draws, and 21 losss. We had 61 points on the season and were just 3 points away from 10th place. 13 of those wins occurred after I arrived. The finances are messy, although the club made 600,000 profit last month. We need to turn things around financially in the upcoming season and do so quickly.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-02-2005 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #394
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 6, 2009 -

Dean Gerken and David Wright were both selected to the Championship Team of the Week.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:42 PM   #395
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 7th, 2009 -

Everton has been relegated from the EPL.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #396
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Post Match Info: Charlton have officially won the English Championship Title.

We finished with 18 wins, 7 draws, and 21 losss. We had 61 points on the season and were just 3 points away from 10th place. 13 of those wins occurred after I arrived. The finances are messy, although the club made 600,000 profit last month. We need to turn things around financially in the upcoming season and do so quickly.

Any idea for why you have the messy finances? How will you fix it?

Great season. Hopefully you can carry that mometum in that last 1/3 of the season into next year.

Just curious, of the big clubs, any new "powers" or did any fall from the "top"?
Old 03-02-2005, 08:49 PM   #397
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
May 7th, 2009 -

Everton has been relegated from the EPL.

Wow. I always though Everton was a pretty strong club. Not one of the "elites", but they seem to have the financial balance and talent to compete in the top half of the league and for UEFA tournament (more likely the UEFA Cup) competition.

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-02-2005 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:02 PM   #398
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 11, 2009 -

Mark Smyth rejected Harrogate's new contract offer today because he felt the basic wage was too low.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:59 PM   #399
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 14, 2009 -

Leicester has signed a Bosman contract with Jason Roberts. The contentious (but talented) striker will be leaving us on July 1st, 2009 when his current contract expires (I'm really tempted to terminate his contract, but I don't want to be known as the type of manager that just fires players.) I've tried to shop him and my other 3 guys whose contracts are expiring, but have had no takers since they are all available soon for no transfer fee.

The other 3 who appear certain to leave are Baines, Ward, and Wright.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #400
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

May 17, 2009 -

Darn. Darren Ward is going to Plymouth which will be competing against me in the Championship next year. Hard to see these good players go to competitors.

Another player goes to a rival. Leighton Baines will go to Everton which has been relegated into the Championship. We will be facing some old friends soon. At least these departures will clear some significant salary once they go.

David Wright will also be staying in the Championship after signing a deal with Cardiff City.

Exeter have won promotion to League Two.