Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2005, 10:43 PM   #351
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Tonight

1. Bo - Proved his can really sing.
2. Scott - Showed some emotion and connection to the song.
3. Carrie - Looked like a dear in the headlights but sounded good.
4. Vonzell - Strong voice. A little off at times but strong voice.
5. Jessica - Good voice, just something about her look that detracts from her voice.
6. Nikko - Good entertainer, but seemed like he tried to hard to put on show. Can't sing a Sisqo song and should not have attempted to. Voice to weak.
7. Anthony - Not sure what to say. I think he can sing but doesn't seem to connect with songs.
8. Anwar - Looked as if he was lost when song started.
9. Nadia - What a fall from grace. That was terrible.
10. Constantine - Can't sing. PERIOD ! Of all the #1 songs to chose the best he could find was the Partridge family.
11. Makalah - See Constantine, only worse, a lot worse.

Overall
1. Bo - Proven to be the best all-around talent thus far.
2. Carrie - Best voice but she's gotta get over that country girl act and show some charisma.
3. Vonzell - Really strong voice, needs to pick songs that show her power.
4. Nadia - She really can sing, but the rock stuff just ain't gonna show it.
5. Jessica - Wild Card. Probably has the second best voice of the girls. She needs to pull one of those Fantasia moments from last year.
6. Scott - OK singer. Personality not that great.
7. Nikko - Not a strong singer, but has a decent voice.
8. Anwar - Has a strong voice, but only appears to sing 10% of his songs well. Needs to sing loud to sound good. He could easily be in the top 5 with the right song.
9. Anthony - Good voice but has chosen a good song yet to expose it.
nthony
10. Constantine - Not sure why he is on the show. His vocal talent is not to 12 material.
11. Makalah - She has got to be a produces niece or something because she can't hold many notes at all.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:46 PM   #352
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Maybe it is a hint on his next game. Front Office Vocalist Manager
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:46 PM   #353
FBPro
College Starter

Front Office Idol.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:59 PM   #354
TLK
Pro Starter

I gave Carrie a few bonus points for her hair perfectly matching the song......
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:06 PM   #355
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing

I gave Carrie a few bonus points for her hair perfectly matching the song......
I'd have to give her the top spot overall, and it isn't because I don't like Bo cause I think he has done a fantastic job and probably out performed Carrie to this point - BUT, I think that Carrie has a broader appeal range.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:17 PM   #356
Danny
Head Coach

Easily the best overall week by far. I'd rank them as follows.

1. Bo - Most consistent and would probably be the first ever cd I purchased of an AI contestant
2. Carrie - She can blow, but her performances are not as inspired as Bo's (yeah, yeah, I set myself up for a burn here)

3-11 Everybody Else. Carrie or Bo is going to win.

Vocally, I like Jessica, Anwar, Vonzell, and Scott as well. Nadia I like, but I am not sure she has the vocals to record an album I would like. I like Nikko a little, but he does sound the same each week. Constantine is a good performer, but he's not a very good singer. Anthony is forgettable. Mikalah's personality actually doesn't bother me most of the time, she seems nice enough, but she is a weak performer and should go.

Last edited by Danny : 03-22-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:24 PM   #357
FBPro
College Starter

I think that it will end up being a Carrie vs. Bo final.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:51 PM   #358
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
I think that it will end up being a Carrie vs. Bo final.

And then it won't really matter who wins since they'll both make millions off their popularity.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 AM   #359
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
And then it won't really matter who wins since they'll both make millions off their popularity.
Prolly so.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:47 AM   #360
Joe
Pro Starter

check this out, from the AI website:

Quote:
IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTE CHANGE
Due to an error with the graphics shown on-screen (incorrect voting numbers were displayed) during the performance recap at the end of last night’s AMERICAN IDOL, a live, one-hour show will air tonight, Wednesday, March 23 9/8c on FOX, to enable a re-vote. This new show will combine new live elements with encores of Tuesday’s performances from the remaining 11 contestants.

Phone lines will open at the conclusion of tonight's show and will remain open for two hours to give viewers the chance to vote for their favorite contestants and keep them in the competition. Only the voting results from tonight’s show will determine who received the lowest number of votes and will be sent home this week. Tune in to see who America has chosen to stay and who is sent home on the live results show tomorrow, Thursday, March 24 9/8c live on FOX.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:54 AM   #361
TLK
Pro Starter

ratings ploy or honest mistake?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:08 AM   #362
Joe
Pro Starter

hmm anyone tape it or tivo it and can check? you'd think theyd only do it if its legit. unless mikalah pulled in the most votes or something.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:14 AM   #363
FBPro
College Starter

Going to check Tivo now.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:20 AM   #364
FBPro
College Starter

Dola, During the recap the last 3 contestants had incorrect numbers at the very bottom of the screen. Ugh........votes down the drain.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:26 AM   #365
TLK
Pro Starter

See you folks at 9pm (EST) tonight.... I bought into it....
Old 03-23-2005, 05:30 AM   #366
TLK
Pro Starter

wait..... wait..... wait.....

We've established that tonights episode was on a one day tape delay. How did they miss this?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:34 AM   #367
FBPro
College Starter

Who knows, but I went back and watched and they did post incorrect numbers at the very bottom of the screen during the recap for Mikalah, Anwar and Jessica.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:44 AM   #368
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm not doubting you at all... I'm just wondering how something like this can happen, when you have 30 million people watching.... amazing....
Old 03-23-2005, 06:27 AM   #369
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I have no clue how TV shows are made, but isn't it possible that the captions weren't put on until the day the show aired? Or do they tape the show "live" with captions and all the night before, then just rerun it at broadcast time? I have no clue how these things work.

Either way, pretty damn embarrassing...unless that was the intent.

So tonight is going to be utterly worthless, I assume, with 45 minutes of recaps/interviews with the contestants, 5 minutes of banter with the judges, and another 10 minutes of the group singing a lame charity song. Woo-hoo.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-23-2005 at 06:28 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:28 AM   #370
Ksyrup

Wait...in order for someone to catch the problem with Mikalah's phone number, that would mean that there's at least one person in this country who would vote for her. I find that unbelievable. There's something fishy here...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-23-2005 at 06:28 AM.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #371
Rizon
Pro Starter

Oops, someone is looking for a new job today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:51 AM   #372
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
Easily the best overall week by far. I'd rank them as follows.

1. Bo - Most consistent and would probably be the first ever cd I purchased of an AI contestant
2. Carrie - She can blow, but her performances are not as inspired as Bo's (yeah, yeah, I set myself up for a burn here)

3-11 Everybody Else. Carrie or Bo is going to win.

Vocally, I like Jessica, Anwar, Vonzell, and Scott as well. Nadia I like, but I am not sure she has the vocals to record an album I would like. I like Nikko a little, but he does sound the same each week. Constantine is a good performer, but he's not a very good singer. Anthony is forgettable. Mikalah's personality actually doesn't bother me most of the time, she seems nice enough, but she is a weak performer and should go.

I'm quoting this because I think this is right where I sit now. I think Nadia could possibly squeeze in there if she goes back to good performances (last night was not good at all for her), but it looks like a Bo/Carrie race.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 AM   #373
KWhit
Coordinator

I agree. I put Nadia and Anwar up there as #3 and #4. They are still in it.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #374
sabotai
General Manager

Do over show? What the hell is this all about?

EDIT: Saw a news article that they messed up on displaying some of the phone numbers. Oops.

Last edited by sabotai : 03-23-2005 at 06:08 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:17 PM   #375
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Definitely some FOX execs taking American Midol for their headaches tonight.

I've never voted in this thing, but personally, I'm going to call Mikalah's number tonight a bunch of times. It would be utterly hilarious if she stayed in the competition another week after this fiasco.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:24 PM   #376
Ksyrup

Is this going to be a complete do-over, or just the regular 30 minutes with some recaps and the voting afterwards? We don't have to listen to Mikalah again, do we?
Old 03-23-2005, 07:29 PM   #377
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
Definitely some FOX execs taking American Midol for their headaches tonight.

I've never voted in this thing, but personally, I'm going to call Mikalah's number tonight a bunch of times. It would be utterly hilarious if she stayed in the competition another week after this fiasco.

I can't tell you how many times I thought about doing this same thing. The voting system is so screwed up that they would get what they deserve.
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:38 PM   #378
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Is this going to be a complete do-over, or just the regular 30 minutes with some recaps and the voting afterwards? We don't have to listen to Mikalah again, do we?

sounds like it is a mix of showing last night's performances and some live stuff... not sure if she'll sing again. I just want her to dress like a hooker again.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:42 PM   #379
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I have no clue how TV shows are made, but isn't it possible that the captions weren't put on until the day the show aired? Or do they tape the show "live" with captions and all the night before, then just rerun it at broadcast time? I have no clue how these things work.

I've only worked in TV news before, so I can only speak based on that experience. With that said, I would imagine that the captions are added in post-production. During a live show, of course, you don't have that luxury, but if the program is taped, you'd damn well better do your graphics in post, because that minimizes the chances for trouble. I didn't see the program last night, but how exactly were the numbers wrong? I know the format is 1-866-IDOLS-XX (where XX is the contestant number). Did they put the wrong contestant number up for the last three singers or something? Did Ryan Seacrest say "IDOLS-09" when "IDOLS-10" was on the screen, for instance?

Whatever the case was, there might have just been a miscommunication between the graphics person and somebody else. The graphics person shouldn't have to watch the show in order to make the graphics. Someone should just give him a list with the contestants and the numbers, and then he makes the graphics and submits them. If the list is wrong, it's not his fault. Someone should have caught it when FOX put together the feed to send out to the affiliates, though. You'd think that a technical director would be sitting there saying, "That number on the screen doesn't match what Seacrest is saying." Once the feed goes out to the affiliates, though, the gates are open and the bulls are loose. They're going to air the program no matter what.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:46 PM   #380
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I've only worked in TV news before, so I can only speak based on that experience. With that said, I would imagine that the captions are added in post-production. During a live show, of course, you don't have that luxury, but if the program is taped, you'd damn well better do your graphics in post, because that minimizes the chances for trouble. I didn't see the program last night, but how exactly were the numbers wrong? I know the format is 1-866-IDOLS-XX (where XX is the contestant number). Did they put the wrong contestant number up for the last three singers or something? Did Ryan Seacrest say "IDOLS-09" when "IDOLS-10" was on the screen, for instance?

Whatever the case was, there might have just been a miscommunication between the graphics person and somebody else. The graphics person shouldn't have to watch the show in order to make the graphics. Someone should just give him a list with the contestants and the numbers, and then he makes the graphics and submits them. If the list is wrong, it's not his fault. Someone should have caught it when FOX put together the feed to send out to the affiliates, though. You'd think that a technical director would be sitting there saying, "That number on the screen doesn't match what Seacrest is saying." Once the feed goes out to the affiliates, though, the gates are open and the bulls are loose. They're going to air the program no matter what.

what happened was, the 1-866-IDOLS-## phone number was correct, but the 1-866-43657-## part shown below it was incorrect. For the last 3 singers, they had the same number as the first three.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:49 PM   #381
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
what happened was, the 1-866-IDOLS-## phone number was correct, but the 1-866-43657-## part shown below it was incorrect. For the last 3 singers, they had the same number as the first three.

Oops. Now THAT sounds like the graphics guy's fault!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:15 PM   #382
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

It's the producer's fault, if it wasn't intentional.

The rumor is that last night's show went so well, with some really excellent performances, that they wanted to milk the ratings and re-run it tonight.

I don't want them to get away with it.

Here's the deal... 1-866-436-5709 will be open from 10 pm until midnight, both eastern and pacific time. That's Mikalah's number (unless they change them around).

Save Nanny. Embarrass the clowns.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #383
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I didn't see the end of last nights show, and I actually missed the error. But what I have heard from others, and this is pure speculation, but the contestants knew about it. Usually when they say the number, the contestants all give the number sign with their fingers but last night no one did when their numbers were mentioned. Can anyone confirm this?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 PM   #384
Joe
Pro Starter

no, most of them did the number thing with their fingers
Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 PM   #385
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
I didn't see the end of last nights show, and I actually missed the error. But what I have heard from others, and this is pure speculation, but the contestants knew about it. Usually when they say the number, the contestants all give the number sign with their fingers but last night no one did when their numbers were mentioned. Can anyone confirm this?

it wasnt that part when it happen.

it happen at very end when Ryan shows highlight of all the performance night and the number display on tv was wrong for the last 3.

Last edited by jbmagic : 03-23-2005 at 08:32 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #386
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm looking forward to hearing Mikalah sing tomorrow night....
Old 03-23-2005, 08:47 PM   #387
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Mikalah's shirt is at least half right.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:50 PM   #388
Swaggs
Coordinator

C'mon Jim. Are you still sure keeping Mikaleh around is worth it, even after that?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #389
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
C'mon Jim. Are you still sure keeping Mikaleh around is worth it, even after that?

Have some fun with it. She's got a lot of personality, so yes, I'd much rather see her stay in for a little while longer.

1-866-IDOLS-09. Save Mikalah. The lines are open now.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:28 PM   #390
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Last edited by Solecismic : 03-23-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #391
Swaggs
Coordinator

It would be sweet if Jim's campaign to save Mikalah got Federov booted off this week.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:42 PM   #392
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

it happen at very end when Ryan shows highlight of all the performance night and the number display on tv was wrong for the last 3.

Is english your first language?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:40 PM   #393
thealmighty
Pro Starter

No, it isn't his first language.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:18 PM   #394
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
It would be sweet if Jim's campaign to save Mikalah got Federov booted off this week.

It would, wouldn't it? The power of FOFC. I figure if we can get 20-30 people to call non-stop between 10 and midnight Pacific time, we have a shot at it. It's all toll-free.

I think I got through about 400 calls for her in the first window. And I've never voted once in four seasons of Idol. I've even got my wife rooting for her to stay.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:49 AM   #395
Danny
Head Coach

I've never called, are there any charges for calling?
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:50 AM   #396
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

This is Bo's competition to lose. He has amazed me every week so far and really impressed me this week. It will be interesting to see how he does when they start narrowing down the themes.

I really want to see Mikalah do well. She's got spunk, but her singing has been horrible the past few weeks. She does much better when she's got the groove going and sucks it up when she does the slow/mature stuff. Even if she gets voted out, she will find her nitch somewhere.

As for Anthony Federov, he has a pure voice. I put him right up there with Carrie. I also like Constantine and Scott. This year has a good mix, but for now I'm leaning towards Bo.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:26 AM   #397
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

I know when the actual "goof" occurred, but I was just asking how come that night the contestants weren't showing their #'s to call by use of their hands like they normally do, as if they knew it was going to be screwed up?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:22 AM   #398
Ksyrup

I didn't think it possible, but Mikalah racheted up the annoyance factor by about 100% last night. She didn't even have to sing (her performance was even worse than I originally thought, btw), but she purposefully added even more affectation to her voice while speaking that almost made me throw something through the TV. If she was slightly cross-eyed, she'd be the second coming of Barbra Streisand, a sure sign of the end of the world. Forget 2010, the end of the world is nigh.

I don't know how much stronger a statement I can make to express my dislike for that chick. And Jim, if your ploy works, I'm boycotting Front Office Funny Girl.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:37 AM   #399
Critch
lolzcat

Mikalah doesn't need FOFC help anyway, last weeks second bottom has got her fans in action. My wife (honest, my wife not me, no no not me) reads the AI newsgroups on a couple of places and the theme of the week has been Mikalah's fans urging each other to phone in as many votes as they can. She's very popular with the teen set.

Hopefully I'm wrong and she gets booted into touch this week, though I'd still rather see Constantine bite the dust. Mikalah might be annoying (though she's not as embarassingly outclassed as the crooning teen kid was last season), but at least she's got no chance of winning it all, unlike the unwashed fake rocker.

Last edited by Critch : 03-24-2005 at 07:38 AM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:49 AM   #400
KWhit
Coordinator

I think you're right. I believe Mikalah might just end up safe this week because her fan base has been galvanized to call and try to save her.

For instance, if you liked Mikalah and Anthony, this week you are going to call in for Mikalah because everyone knows she's likely to be on the chopping block.

She'll get a ton of votes simply by appealing to her fans last night too. The worst singer in the history of AI may just stick around a little while.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote