Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #351
Radii
Head Coach

I went through all the steps you listed above Scoobz, thanks.

Also, F-Secure's online scan found something reported as a possible generic Trojan that could have been a keylogger, MSE and Malwarebytes weren't finding it. I guess its impossible to tell for sure but I'll be treating my accounts as if it was a keylogger and changing lots of passwords now that its gone.

Now to wait for Blizzard to restore my shit. *twiddles thumbs*

Last edited by Radii : 05-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:03 AM   #352
DougW
High School Varsity

Really enjoying this game.

L45 Witch Doc, currently in the middle of Nightmare Act 3. If you're near my level or content, let me know .. grouping is fun .
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #353
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've gotten my Monk to level 38, just started Act II in Nightmare. It seems I can still mostly just smash face in, but I need to watch out for certain elite/champion types. Arcane monsters (drop spinning lasers) and any sort of molten/fiery/plagued guys seem to be the big issues at the moment in terms of safety. As long as I'm paying attention though, I can easily run around and kick everything's ass eventually.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:54 AM   #354
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

One thing I have heard in the past on the Warcraft forums is to make sure you run your antivirus/malware software while you are on the battle.net login screen.

Someone hacked my Warcraft account after I had stopped playing. The account had been inactive for months. They hacked the account, paid money to access it, stole all of my stuff, and then cancelled the account.

I really think Blizzard needs to go to a Steam type system, where if you try to login from a computer that you have never logged in from before, they send you a code via email. The mobile authenticator is nice, but can be a pain when the unexpected happens (like when you lose or break your phone).

Last edited by fantom1979 : 05-29-2012 at 03:59 AM.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #355
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I finally have a few hours set aside to play tonight, and the servers are down. THIS is part of the frustration of dropping $60 for a game, and not being able to play it when I want because of the always online requirement!!!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #356
Grover
Pro Starter

I've had to go and re-install the game because I went to install the new patch and the launcher was missing a .MPQ file. Frustrating.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #357
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I had this happen to me in my initial install.

All you had to do was go to the folder

C:/Program Files/Diablo 3/Updates

Delete the corrupt MPQ file, and restart the launcher. It will download it and install properly.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #358
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'm thinking about what I want to do. My monk is at level 42. From everything I've read, Inferno for Monks fucking blows. So I'm unsure if I really want to continue putting the hours into this guy only to reach a brick wall that I want to smash my head against. Maybe go for a ranged character, WD or Wizard, and start building them up. Not necessarily because its easier in inferno, but for the sake of trying them out. But god, 15 hours of Normal sounds like shit.

That's probably excessive, though. I might as well keep on trucking ( I mean, I'm only in nightmare so why am I even worried about Inferno.) Worse case,I get to inferno and hit the brick wall. I can just farm for alts, or gold, and wait for the balance, or just build my character up in gear (supposedly that is what you're "supposed" to do.) Maybe by the time I even get there it will be balanced (finals week coming up so I probably won't hit inferno until mid-June).

/firstworldproblems

edit: replaced melee with ranged

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 05-29-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #359
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I'm pretty sure Blizz won't let Monks be broken in Inferno. That's freaking 20% of their game that would be broken on the highest level. Maybe shelve him for a while, but don't think that he's done for.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #360
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I'm thinking about what I want to do. My monk is at level 42. From everything I've read, Inferno for Monks fucking blows. So I'm unsure if I really want to continue putting the hours into this guy only to reach a brick wall that I want to smash my head against. Maybe go for a melee character, WD or Wizard, and start building them up. Not necessarily because its easier in inferno, but for the sake of trying them out. But god, 15 hours of Normal sounds like shit.

That's probably excessive, though. I might as well keep on trucking ( I mean, I'm only in nightmare so why am I even worried about Inferno.) Worse case,I get to inferno and hit the brick wall. I can just farm for alts, or gold, and wait for the balance, or just build my character up in gear (supposedly that is what you're "supposed" to do.) Maybe by the time I even get there it will be balanced (finals week coming up so I probably won't hit inferno until mid-June).

/firstworldproblems

Imagine Barbs in Inferno.

I haven't even made it past the Skeleton King yet.

Level 60 end-game is really about farming as much as you can for gold / gear / AH.

I think I'm several hundred thousand gold and a couple of lucky rares away from breaking through Act I inferno.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #361
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm thinking about what I want to do. My monk is at level 42. From everything I've read, Inferno for Monks fucking blows. So I'm unsure if I really want to continue putting the hours into this guy only to reach a brick wall that I want to smash my head against. Maybe go for a melee character, WD or Wizard, and start building them up. Not necessarily because its easier in inferno, but for the sake of trying them out. But god, 15 hours of Normal sounds like shit.

/firstworldproblems

Keep on trucking.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #362
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I think Barb's are even worse, from what I gather. I could be reading total hyperbole, though. Chinaski would know, I think. (Edit: I'm an idiot. He isn't a barb)

From what I've read, Act I is doable. The jump from Act I to II is nuts, though.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 05-29-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:06 PM   #363
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

IMO stick with it if you're having fun with monk. You may have to farm a little more than the ranged classes but its not as bad as I feared it would be. When I hit 60 my gear was basically all dex/vit and nothing else. I balanced things out, dropping some dex, lots of vitality, switched to 1h/shield, and picked up lots and lots of resists, messed around with my skill build, and I feel useful in inferno act I now.

I was lucky enough to get hand me downs from a monk friend that let me skip over ~500k in gold farming to get that resists, but that's really all it would have taken. In a couple more weeks I assume the AH will be more saturated with early inferno items and it will be cheaper than that.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #364
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'll keep on trucking. Might as well.

Logging on now, so if anybody is close to me (Nightmare, Act II, Quest 7) and you want to team up then hop on. I'll go down a few quests if need be. I need the level experience anyways.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #365
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I think Barb's are even worse, from what I gather. I could be reading total hyperbole, though. Chinaski would know, I think. (Edit: I'm an idiot. He isn't a barb)

From what I've read, Act I is doable. The jump from Act I to II is nuts, though.

I'm getting to a point where I can most likely farm ACT IV Hell comfortably.

But my female Barb still getting slaughtered in Inferno ACT I.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #366
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
IMO stick with it if you're having fun with monk. You may have to farm a little more than the ranged classes but its not as bad as I feared it would be. When I hit 60 my gear was basically all dex/vit and nothing else. I balanced things out, dropping some dex, lots of vitality, switched to 1h/shield, and picked up lots and lots of resists, messed around with my skill build, and I feel useful in inferno act I now.

I was lucky enough to get hand me downs from a monk friend that let me skip over ~500k in gold farming to get that resists, but that's really all it would have taken. In a couple more weeks I assume the AH will be more saturated with early inferno items and it will be cheaper than that.

Mind sharing what build you're using? I'm not at all sure that the skills I'm running with are anywhere near optimal, but that's mostly because I haven't needed to be yet (Nightmare, Act II right now). Here's my setup:

Monk, level 39
Left Click: Crippling Wave with Mangle Rune (increased damage) - AoE Spirit building attack. My default attack for groups of enemies.
Right Click: Way of the Hundred Fists with Hands of Lightning Rune (additional attacks) - Single target Spirit Building attack. None of the secondary skills really do anything for me and I found myself switching between this and the AoE spirit builder so much that I just stopped using the secondary skills.
1: Breath of Heaven with ??? Rune - Heal. I could have sworn that I had a rune for this that had a cheat death like effect once every two minutes, but apparently I'm wrong or Blizzard's talent calculator is.
2: Sweeping Wind with Master of Wind Rune (increased duration) - AoE attack that circles my character, refreshes its duration on melee hit.
3: Seven-Sided Strike with Pandemonium Rune (25% chance to stun for 7 seconds) - The 7 second stun is amazing. I recently changed this from Mystic Ally with Fire Ally Rune...I miss the DPS of my ally, but I like the benefits this gives. Not at all sure which is more efficient.
4: Mantra of Conviction with Overawe Rune (double the additional damage enemies take) - 24% increased damage done just seems far too overpowered to skip. I already mow people down, so I occasionally swap this out to one of the others.
Passive 1: Transcendence (Every point of spirit spent heals you) - I love passive healing effects.
Passive 2: Seize the Initiative (Armor increased by 100% of your Dexterity) - I tend to ignore the crap out of the armor rating of my gear, this helps.
Passive 3: Fleet Footed (Increased movement speed by 10%) - Extra movement speed = faster leveling and grinding.

Edit: Forgot the passives.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 05-30-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:14 AM   #367
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Mind sharing what build you're using? I'm not at all sure that the skills I'm running with are anywhere near optimal, but that's mostly because I haven't needed to be yet (Nightmare, Act II right now). Here's my setup:

Monk - Game Guide - Diablo III

I've pretty much always had a defensive build, for most of my leveling I was duoing with a demon hunter so I never cared too much about my DPS, just about being alive and doing damage when I could.

The only thing in that build not available at your level is the rune on the dodge mantra. That's pretty damn important though... with mantra and the rune on the left click, my dodge is over 50%, large packs of non-elite mobs basically kill themselves by attacking me.

left click: Fists of Thunder - fastest spirit regen, adds to dodge
right click: Blind is AMAZING. The skill description doesn't do it justice, try it out if you haven't, probably add this the first time you find you need more survivability.

Defensive: Serenity and Breath of Heaven are self explanatory, the immunity on Serenity is great and I always use the Heal rune for it.

Mantra: I used heal while leveling, I recently switched to dodge and prefer it. The backlash rune is a key part of my build, you don't get that til 58 though.

Seven Sided Strike: Its great, I use it defensively a lot. You can't get hit while the animation is going, so I use it when I'm walled in or can't run without getting killed by fire chains/arcane/whatever. Also, it saves my ass repeatedly when I need another two seconds for a heal to come off cooldown to live.

I used Sweeping wind a ton when I was leveling, its a great skill.

For Passives, what you have now sounds good. One With Everything is 100% mandatory later on, but not so much when you're leveling up.

I've seen some inferno builds listed that use more damage and less defense than I am, but I can't make them work. I also see lots of inferno builds that use two left clicks, and some that even use three, using the synergy between runes/3rd attack bonuses to increase damage, its not something I've tried yet.

Hope that helps, though I'm not convinced what I have is necessarily optimal or anything, but I do feel my combination of abilities work well together and make me as hard to kill as possible.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:32 AM   #368
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Unlike WoW, I don't plan on trying to find the optimal build. I just want to have some discussion on the whys and wherefores of what people are choosing

Blind definitely sounded really lame, I'll give it a whirl next time I'm playing. I've started to eschew my typical "explore every corner of the map" thing, and I'm finding that I'm getting killed a lot more often (I blitzed through most of Act II tonight and am still only level 40 and have crap for armor). I've recently started using Seven Sided strike as a defensive maneuver and it is indeed pretty awesome that way. One With Everything sounds like a pretty amazing skill, especially since I know I'll need to start getting resist gear soon-ish.

I think I'm going to have to start using the AH for more than just weapons here pretty quick. Some of my pieces are horribly outdated and I'm starting to feel the pain of being undergeared.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #369
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I find the weapon damage calculations in D3 to be quite confusing. I am playing my low level demon hunter and had two hand crossbows. When I found a quiver and replaced my off-hand weapon with it, my damage went up? How is it possible to do more damage with one 1 handed weapon instead of 2? Only thing I can think of is that the quiver had 10% attack speed bonus on it - maybe the game takes that into account in DPS?
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 AM   #370
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I find the weapon damage calculations in D3 to be quite confusing. I am playing my low level demon hunter and had two hand crossbows. When I found a quiver and replaced my off-hand weapon with it, my damage went up? How is it possible to do more damage with one 1 handed weapon instead of 2? Only thing I can think of is that the quiver had 10% attack speed bonus on it - maybe the game takes that into account in DPS?

(per the tooltip when you scroll over Damage in your character window)

Damage : The amount of damage per second you can deal based on your weapons, attributes, attack speed, critical hit chance, passive skills, and dual-wielding attack speed increases.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #371
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Thanks DougW - good to know, I'd never looked at that specific tooltip. Glad to know quivers are occasionally useful since I find them constantly.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:54 AM   #372
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I could be remembering wrong but i think dual wield is the average of the damage of your weapons plus 15%(the % i am unsure of). So if your two weapons are not similarly speced damage wise then that can be the cause to. Dont dual wield a 100 dmg with a 60 dmg weapon.

Then you add in the attack speed and +dmg-dmg modifiers and any spec bonuses (like a shield that has a lot of dexterity for monks.) A really nice shield can be better than certain dual wield configs for monks. Id assume DH to be the same.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:41 AM   #373
DougW
High School Varsity

OK, I'm L53 now, and just confused myself. I'm playing a WD, and all along I've assumed using a ceremonial knife and mojo offhand would be the way to go. It appears, I'm REALLY wrong. Although, I still hope I was right haha.

Here's what I tried. I've been noticing all these 2H crossbows always have way bigger damage numbers than the WD weapons/off. So, I put one on. Sure enough, my damage jumped from 3k to 5k. So, I went out to the field to test, and sure enough - my spells are now doing near double damage.

Now both tested weapons are near high end for my level (thanks AH) - or at least seem to be. (Other top AH weapons @ L are similar).

Also, the other stats are similar - so I didn't lose any health, defense, magic find, etc.

I'm a little discouraged, cuz I don't see my WD running around with a crossbow, or why that would drastically increase my damage (given I don't shoot it). Then again, I guess I don't stab things with my knife either.

Please tell me I'm missing something, and I'm not stuck running a WD with a crossbow forever (as the damage comparisons seem to be the same as I continue leveling).
Old 05-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #374
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
OK, I'm L53 now, and just confused myself. I'm playing a WD, and all along I've assumed using a ceremonial knife and mojo offhand would be the way to go. It appears, I'm REALLY wrong. Although, I still hope I was right haha.

Here's what I tried. I've been noticing all these 2H crossbows always have way bigger damage numbers than the WD weapons/off. So, I put one on. Sure enough, my damage jumped from 3k to 5k. So, I went out to the field to test, and sure enough - my spells are now doing near double damage.

Now both tested weapons are near high end for my level (thanks AH) - or at least seem to be. (Other top AH weapons @ L are similar).

Also, the other stats are similar - so I didn't lose any health, defense, magic find, etc.

I'm a little discouraged, cuz I don't see my WD running around with a crossbow, or why that would drastically increase my damage (given I don't shoot it). Then again, I guess I don't stab things with my knife either.

Please tell me I'm missing something, and I'm not stuck running a WD with a crossbow forever (as the damage comparisons seem to be the same as I continue leveling).

Theres two play styles to go with. If youre going to use a 1h, then you need to be stacking attack speed and a very fast 1h. Then go with splinter spam. If you use a 2h, go for slow attack speed and high damage weapon. Then spam bears with vision quest up constantly. Once you hit inferno, it becomes a little more tricky. I say high attack speed/1h combo is best for inferno, you can only really kite inferno, so its by far better than being up close for bear spam.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #375
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
Theres two play styles to go with. If youre going to use a 1h, then you need to be stacking attack speed and a very fast 1h. Then go with splinter spam. If you use a 2h, go for slow attack speed and high damage weapon. Then spam bears with vision quest up constantly. Once you hit inferno, it becomes a little more tricky. I say high attack speed/1h combo is best for inferno, you can only really kite inferno, so its by far better than being up close for bear spam.

Thank you.

Well, that makes alot of sense to me then. I've been running the latter (slow/heavy) build (well, with exploding dogs not bears - I get the bears next level). I'll have to see how inferno goes, but so far in Hell it's not super challenging. Once in a while I'll die, but only when I get really careless. I do alot of kiting, and find the big hits of Zombie Chargers better for me. I like to stay on the move send a charger or 3, move, etc. So, basically keep Haunts up, run in drop a couple Charger bombs grab some health with the 3 - 15 sec CD tools and bolt away from harm.

I haven't had much of a prob with health, as my Haunt, Spirit Walk, Hex, and Soul Harvest all return it to me. Mana is a non issue too - as long as I remember to keep the pet on CD. (I have no prob keeping the 15 second spells on CD, but sometimes I forget to pop the pet up if he's still there and it gets me in trouble haha).

The only thing I "kind of" don't like about the build, is sometimes I'm forced to use my Spirit Walk. I really like the spell, and it's gotten me out of alot of trouble. But, sometimes I have to pop it, when I'd rather save it, just to keep 4 on CD.

That was a great link btw (on page 7), thanks for that - is where I picked up this build and am liking it a bunch.
Old 05-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #376
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Monk, level 39
Left Click: Crippling Wave with Mangle Rune (increased damage) - AoE Spirit building attack. My default attack for groups of enemies.
Right Click: Way of the Hundred Fists with Hands of Lightning Rune (additional attacks) - Single target Spirit Building attack. None of the secondary skills really do anything for me and I found myself switching between this and the AoE spirit builder so much that I just stopped using the secondary skills.
1: Breath of Heaven with ??? Rune - Heal. I could have sworn that I had a rune for this that had a cheat death like effect once every two minutes, but apparently I'm wrong or Blizzard's talent calculator is.
2: Sweeping Wind with Master of Wind Rune (increased duration) - AoE attack that circles my character, refreshes its duration on melee hit.
3: Seven-Sided Strike with Pandemonium Rune (25% chance to stun for 7 seconds) - The 7 second stun is amazing. I recently changed this from Mystic Ally with Fire Ally Rune...I miss the DPS of my ally, but I like the benefits this gives. Not at all sure which is more efficient.
4: Mantra of Conviction with Overawe Rune (double the additional damage enemies take) - 24% increased damage done just seems far too overpowered to skip. I already mow people down, so I occasionally swap this out to one of the others.
Passive 1: Transcendence (Every point of spirit spent heals you) - I love passive healing effects.
Passive 2: Seize the Initiative (Armor increased by 100% of your Dexterity) - I tend to ignore the crap out of the armor rating of my gear, this helps.
Passive 3: Fleet Footed (Increased movement speed by 10%) - Extra movement speed = faster leveling and grinding.

Edit: Forgot the passives.

I'm getting around this level with my Monk now, and he has been pretty much chewing up whatever has been in his path since having a hard time with Belial in Normal mode. I started moving more gear towards Vitality at that point because Belial was basically able to "one-shot" me, and have gone from about 1200 health at that time to somewhere in the 500 range now. I'll list out all the attacks/runes/passives a little later tonight, but I'm pretty surprised how easy Nightmare (Act I) has been relative to the Barbarian I had played earlier.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #377
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Unlike WoW, I don't plan on trying to find the optimal build. I just want to have some discussion on the whys and wherefores of what people are choosing

Blind definitely sounded really lame, I'll give it a whirl next time I'm playing. I've started to eschew my typical "explore every corner of the map" thing, and I'm finding that I'm getting killed a lot more often (I blitzed through most of Act II tonight and am still only level 40 and have crap for armor). I've recently started using Seven Sided strike as a defensive maneuver and it is indeed pretty awesome that way. One With Everything sounds like a pretty amazing skill, especially since I know I'll need to start getting resist gear soon-ish.

I think I'm going to have to start using the AH for more than just weapons here pretty quick. Some of my pieces are horribly outdated and I'm starting to feel the pain of being undergeared.

Also, I've more or less had the same gear (have added gems as I've found better ones for a couple items) for the last 6-8 levels and feel like I'm starting to slip a little relative to the domination I had at the start of Nightmare. I have not visited the AH at all - for whatever reason, I wanted to find my own gear rather than load up. The impressions I heard from others in the thread just reinforced that. But I'm a little worried that I'm going to end up making life very hard for myself later on in the game by adhering to this philosophy.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #378
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Through Nightmare and onto Hell Act I with my Barbarian (lvl 51). Had to upgrade my equipment.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #379
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Ya. I started hell last night with my 51 Monk. My health is 15K, but with almost 1K dexterity, breath of heaven, serenity, and mantra of evasion all in use with health potions and life on hit dual weapons im not concerned about that. Its my 2500K damage that i can see becoming a problem. I think i need to severely upgrade my weapons. Maybe add even more dex. Ill possibly try and go big on one of the resists and use the passive for resists.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #380
Radii
Head Coach

When I hit 60 on my monk I had 45k HP, I think it was from like 1300 dex/1100 vit maybe? DPS was 7k, but it wasn't that high for most of my 50s. Every item I searched for except boots I just searched dex/vit and picked the best combination in the price range I wanted. For boots I'd want run speed.

Once I hit 60 I started to balance in resists, to overbalance even, stats when I finished Act I inferno after getting restored last night:

27400 HP, 950 Dex, 600 Vit, 9100 damage, 4500 Armor, 550 to all resists, 30% base dodge, 14% block

Any time I could get 90+ resist on an item on the AH I was willing to sacrifice all the dex/vit necessary to get it until I hit 500 resists. I can do anything in Act 1 inferno with some reliability now, but can't even step into Act II. I think Act II is going to require a pet and maybe a different left click, but also I am going to need to get dex/vit/dmg back up without sacrificing resists. I need to get better at the AH, doing butcher runs I need to be able to differentiate better what I can sell for 20k vs what I might be able to get 100k for here and there instead of just putting everything up for low prices b/c I don't want to spend the time.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #381
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

After all this time, found my 1st legendary.

Some artisan plans for a Ceremonial Knife. Pfft. Ah well.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-31-2012, 08:42 PM   #382
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I've had my fourth Legendary in this game drop for me. Yay.

Got it at Inferno ACT I, a lvl 60 Wormwood staff.

Not too shabby, I guess. It goes cheap in the AH (50,000 gold is the cheapest I've seen).

Looks like my Enchantress will have a new toy to play with.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:14 PM   #383
chinaski
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
After all this time, found my 1st legendary.

Some artisan plans for a Ceremonial Knife. Pfft. Ah well.

If youre looking to sell it, I am interested. What is it exactly?
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:30 AM   #384
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
When I hit 60 on my monk I had 45k HP, I think it was from like 1300 dex/1100 vit maybe? DPS was 7k, but it wasn't that high for most of my 50s. Every item I searched for except boots I just searched dex/vit and picked the best combination in the price range I wanted. For boots I'd want run speed.

Once I hit 60 I started to balance in resists, to overbalance even, stats when I finished Act I inferno after getting restored last night:

27400 HP, 950 Dex, 600 Vit, 9100 damage, 4500 Armor, 550 to all resists, 30% base dodge, 14% block

Any time I could get 90+ resist on an item on the AH I was willing to sacrifice all the dex/vit necessary to get it until I hit 500 resists. I can do anything in Act 1 inferno with some reliability now, but can't even step into Act II. I think Act II is going to require a pet and maybe a different left click, but also I am going to need to get dex/vit/dmg back up without sacrificing resists. I need to get better at the AH, doing butcher runs I need to be able to differentiate better what I can sell for 20k vs what I might be able to get 100k for here and there instead of just putting everything up for low prices b/c I don't want to spend the time.

I was reading up on Monks in Inferno today. Word on the street is use a tanky Mystic Ally (Earth seems to be the choice, although some have said Air is better at AoE threat gen even though he's squishy) and the Long Reach (I don't remember the exact name right off the top of my head) spirit generator attack as your main thrust. Simply keep casting your Mystic Ally when he gets low on health so he stays topped up, kite if necessary and stand right behind the Ally while regenning spirit from Long Reach.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #385
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I was reading up on Monks in Inferno today. Word on the street is use a tanky Mystic Ally (Earth seems to be the choice, although some have said Air is better at AoE threat gen even though he's squishy) and the Long Reach (I don't remember the exact name right off the top of my head) spirit generator attack as your main thrust. Simply keep casting your Mystic Ally when he gets low on health so he stays topped up, kite if necessary and stand right behind the Ally while regenning spirit from Long Reach.

yeah I switched to Earth Ally today, I watched some youtube vids of monks on Act II and it doesn't look as soul-crushingly awful as people on forums make it sound (shock, I know), but I do have to get my stats up a bunch still. As long as I don't look at my demon hunter friends (or a couple friends who are exploiting the shit out of every bug out there who I previously thought were just WAY better at farming than me... UGH) to see how they're doing, its all good
Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #386
Radii
Head Coach

dola,

Monk Inferno Guide - Diablo III Blog

I think I'm going to try that out tomorrow, instead of using a lot of dodge (and the dodge reflection) it uses multiple abilities/passives that lower the damage of everything you hit, and I like the idea of the 20% to resists on the mantra of healing.
Old 06-01-2012, 04:01 AM   #387
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So, I picked up D3 since my new computer is finally built. Anyone mind helping out a Diablo newbie over the weekend?
Old 06-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #388
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So, I picked up D3 since my new computer is finally built. Anyone mind helping out a Diablo newbie over the weekend?

Left Click. A lot.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #389
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

There's a big list of everyone's gamer tags on the 2nd page. I'm Rhiow#1737, feel free to add me and ask questions all weekend!
Old 06-01-2012, 04:57 AM   #390
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My tag is AllyKat#1144
Old 06-01-2012, 06:59 AM   #391
DougW
High School Varsity

Feel free to hit me up in game for any questions as well.

And, for others - feel free to hit me up for groups (I'm around Act 2 Hell right now).

Also, add me to that page two list if you would .

Dolicoja#1182
Old 06-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #392
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Got started, playing a barb
Old 06-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #393
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Got started, playing a barb

Look me up this evening...I can probably send some lower-level Strength/Vitality gear your way if you're interested.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #394
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Well I broke down this morning and bought the game installing right now, I'll probably be on for a couple hours later this evening.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:54 PM   #395
astrosfan64
College Prospect

I love Hardcore mode. It just makes it that much more intense.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:40 PM   #396
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post
If youre looking to sell it, I am interested. What is it exactly?

Umbral something or other. Keep it to learn it. Man... takes alot of resources. Easier just to buy the thing.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #397
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
I love Hardcore mode. It just makes it that much more intense.

I like the idea, but given the number of times I've died to lag I'm not sure it's something I want to try.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 AM   #398
Radii
Head Coach

I started spending a lot more time in pricing my items on the AH to make sure my stuff sells but also that I get a good price for the better items I find, in a full butcher inferno run I may only find one item that I don't vendor but if it sells for 100k+ then its been a very profitable run. I just sold some really really nice resist gloves for 600k, the most I've gotten for anything, woohoo!

Last edited by Radii : 06-02-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #399
DougW
High School Varsity

Anyone want to reroll or just try out a different class but don't want to go through normal mode again ? I know some tricks to power level each other, so hit me up if you would be interested. we could breeze through normal, or normal and nightmare.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #400
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I found the interface and search/filtering options for the auction house make it unbearable to use. I'm surprised I don't see other complaints, hopefully they fix it soon.

When I put something on it I honestly have no idea what to charge, I can't really see what other people area asking for it.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote