Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 PM   #351
Swaggs
Coordinator

I thought that was an excellent episode. Jim pulling the strings on Dwight and Charles was pretty awesome. I thought that was one of the best episodes for Ryan since season 1. I liked how Dwight was dressed almost exactly like Charles and thought Michael's boner comment was hilarious.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #352
Danny
Head Coach

It was a really good episode. Charles finally seeing Dwight for who he is. A focused hard working employee who is very weird and should never be in any sort of leadership or management role.

Last edited by Danny : 04-24-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #353
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Indeed that was a sweet episode.. Nice setup before the meeting, getting you to wonder if Michael was going to spill the beans or not. I like how it worked out with Pam getting a sales spot and Dwight being told "Whats wrong with you" by Stringer.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #354
Lorena
Unregistered

I hope it's not the last we'll see of Stringer Bell

I must admit that I thought Michael was gonna blow it, but a part of me had a feeling he was gonna do well. We've seen from previous episodes that he's actually a great negotiator.

My favorite episode this season, love how Pam is now a saleswoman. And Jim, what a great guy, coming into Michael Scott Paper Company and not allowing Michael to speak, knowing what the truth was, "The less I know, the better".
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:44 AM   #355
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I loved the matching shirts in the conference room: David/Jim and Charles/Dwight.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #356
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLee View Post
Yeah, the Michael Scott Paper Company sure didn't last long, did it? Well, back to the same old same old.

I got a kick out of the Korean church van, especially since I live in Korea. That part was funny to me, especially seeing that the MSPC employees gave up on telling the Korean lady that the church van wasn't actually taking her to church.

That was great..

I really thought Charles was going to be canned...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #357
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Oh how the turntables.......

mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:36 PM   #358
Danny
Head Coach

Last night's episode was hysterical I thought, good to see more of Creed.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #359
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just saw yesterday's episode -- that was horrible.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #360
Comey
College Starter

Second throwaway episode of the season (the other being the episode after Dwight and Andy ditched Angela). It was funny, but nothing happened.

I did find it to be rather astute of Michael to notice Angela moving her foot to the beat.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #361
Easy Mac

I love Kevin slow dancing to fast music, the going at it.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:58 PM   #362
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
I did find it to be rather astute of Michael to notice Angela moving her foot to the beat.

Yeah, that was pretty amusing. And then Kevin and his g/f making out in the disco cafe

I also liked seeing Dwight's human side with Phyllis... even if he did treat her like a horse .

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 05-09-2009 at 07:05 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:10 AM   #363
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I"ve been disappointed with this season for all the NBC Thursday night comedies. the Michael starts his own company story arc was boring for me--good gags at times, but no character development.

Time to have Jim and Pam marry and move on, with other characters making new choices. Given the economy, Dunder-Mifflin going bankrupt and shutting its doors forever would be a bittersweet but credible ending.

Anybody watching Parks and Rec? It is mostly "The Government Office". LInes from this show sound exactly like lines from the "The Office". Close you eyes and it is hard to know which set of characters is talking.

Earl and 30 Rock are in a slump, too.

Perhaps Jerry Seinfeld will come back.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #364
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I"ve been disappointed with this season for all the NBC Thursday night comedies. the Michael starts his own company story arc was boring for me--good gags at times, but no character development.

Time to have Jim and Pam marry and move on, with other characters making new choices. Given the economy, Dunder-Mifflin going bankrupt and shutting its doors forever would be a bittersweet but credible ending.

Anybody watching Parks and Rec? It is mostly "The Government Office". LInes from this show sound exactly like lines from the "The Office". Close you eyes and it is hard to know which set of characters is talking.

Earl and 30 Rock are in a slump, too.

Perhaps Jerry Seinfeld will come back.

Give the Big Bang Theory a few episodes, if you have a chance. It seems to be humming on all cylinders and, in my opinion, is pushing the Office as the top sit com currently running.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #365
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

The funny thing is that just about every critic, TV writer, etc, has absolutely loved the Michael Scott Paper Company arc. And just got disappointed as soon as it ended. Personally I thought that entire arc was just brilliant.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #366
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
The funny thing is that just about every critic, TV writer, etc, has absolutely loved the Michael Scott Paper Company arc. And just got disappointed as soon as it ended. Personally I thought that entire arc was just brilliant.

I thought it was great, and I'm glad it ended with Pam becoming a salesperson. She need to be going somewhere and it was good pregression for her. I liked the last episode as well, so what do I know.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #367
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The end with Andy getting his ear pierced was great.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #368
Swaggs
Coordinator

Agreed -- I enjoyed the Michael Scott Paper Company arc a lot. I wasn't crazy about the last episode, but it wasn't too bad for me. There must be a writer or two that like to completely over-do Michael. The one where he drove into the lake, following the GPS, was the worst episode for that type of writing. This last one was somewhat like that one, but had a few funny/interesting subplots to keep it tolerable.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:40 PM   #369
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I don't think Michael was too over the top in this one. He wanted to get everyone to loosen up again.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #370
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Agreed -- I enjoyed the Michael Scott Paper Company arc a lot. I wasn't crazy about the last episode, but it wasn't too bad for me. There must be a writer or two that like to completely over-do Michael. The one where he drove into the lake, following the GPS, was the worst episode for that type of writing. This last one was somewhat like that one, but had a few funny/interesting subplots to keep it tolerable.

Yes, BJ Novak and Mindy Kaling (Kelly) are the two who write Michael as over-the-top. Paul Lieberstein (Toby) writes Michael the best.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #371
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Yes, BJ Novak and Mindy Kaling (Kelly) are the two who write Michael as over-the-top. Paul Lieberstein (Toby) writes Michael the best.

Agreed, especially on Paul Lieberstein as being the most realistic writer on staff. I generally dislike the BJ Novak-penned episodes.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #372
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Give the Big Bang Theory a few episodes, if you have a chance. It seems to be humming on all cylinders and, in my opinion, is pushing the Office as the top sit com currently running.

That's on my summer list. I've not tried it because my mother-in-law really likes it (along with Scrubs) and I generally disagree with everything she likes.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #373
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Spoiler
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #374
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

There was some funny moments, but overall that was very lame for a season finale. I am afraid my two favorite shows (The Office and House) are on the way out after another season or two.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #375
samifan24
Pro Starter

I thought this was an especially weak season finale. Not very funny.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #376
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
I thought this was an especially weak season finale. Not very funny.

It was a bit weak on the laughs. They were trying to set the stage for next season.

Last edited by Galaxy : 05-15-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #377
RainMaker
General Manager

I agree, pretty lame finale.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:29 AM   #378
Galaxy
Coordinator

What sucked was I really thought it had a lot of potential.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 AM   #379
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I really liked it. The Office isn't a pure comedy - its a dramedy, and as a character episode, it was pretty damn great. Plus, the random throwaways (like the HR convention bit) were just gold. It wasn't hilarious, but it was good.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 01:53 AM   #380
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I thought it was pretty good, the Buffalo closing bit especially.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:45 AM   #381
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
I really liked it. The Office isn't a pure comedy - its a dramedy, and as a character episode, it was pretty damn great. Plus, the random throwaways (like the HR convention bit) were just gold. It wasn't hilarious, but it was good.

Ditto. I thought it was solid.
Old 05-15-2009, 06:18 AM   #382
Swaggs
Coordinator

I liked it, as well.

I thought Dwight was at his finest and his stalling tactics (kicking the ball and counting how many people had to get hurt) were hilarious. I liked the Michael/Holly storyline, thought the volleyball bit (aside from Dwight) was just okay, and I absolutely did not see the Pam/Jim surprise coming.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #383
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't bad... liked Dwight's best friend.
Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #384
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Who won the damn volleyball game??!!
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #385
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I liked it, as well.

I thought Dwight was at his finest and his stalling tactics (kicking the ball and counting how many people had to get hurt) were hilarious. I liked the Michael/Holly storyline, thought the volleyball bit (aside from Dwight) was just okay, and I absolutely did not see the Pam/Jim surprise coming.

"Aww man, I'm so mad that Pam got hurt! *Kicks ball into the woods* I'll get it."
That part really had me rolling. How about Dwight standing up for Angela and telling his friend to stop harassing her? Possibly opening some doors for next season, or at least making us think that.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #386
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Add in Andy's advances on the new secretary...next season is going to be full of romantic story lines.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #387
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshaka View Post
Add in Andy's advances on the new secretary...next season is going to be full of romantic story lines.

You know, I rewatched "Cafe Disco" yesterday as well. I think that it was an under-rated episode. I enjoyed it mostly because of Erin. I think she brings the "dumb people pleaser" personality in the mix, and it was needed. Everybody is just so jaded when it comes to Micheal, it is fun to see at least one person get excited about his ideas and not in a "suck-up" way like Dwight or Andy. I hope she is a permanent fixture on the show (though it seemed like episode before last she was barely visible).
Old 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #388
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Loved Cafe Disco...Dwight treating Phyllis like a wounded horse...AWESOME!!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #389
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I found this pretty funny..

http://www.hulu.com/watch/72830/the-...blackmail-andy
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #390
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
You know, I rewatched "Cafe Disco" yesterday as well. I think that it was an under-rated episode. I enjoyed it mostly because of Erin. I think she brings the "dumb people pleaser" personality in the mix, and it was needed. Everybody is just so jaded when it comes to Micheal, it is fun to see at least one person get excited about his ideas and not in a "suck-up" way like Dwight or Andy. I hope she is a permanent fixture on the show (though it seemed like episode before last she was barely visible).

I like what she adds.

Last edited by Galaxy : 05-15-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #391
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

"I'll get it"

Dwight was awesome in this episode .

And I liked that Michael knew his limit and didn't go beyond that. Seemed like a Toby written episode.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:35 PM   #392
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post

Exactly. "The Office" is more like "Scrubs". Its a half hour dramedy. Sometimes there is drama to advance the plot. It wasn't like there weren't any laughs... Dwight's attempts to delay the game were hilarious. As was Rolf's put downs to Angela.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #393
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

I think they realized that Pam, who kind of played that role before, would be better used in more Jim centric storylines... and of course being with Jim was a bit jaded towards Michael, even though she's the one who most believes in him (because Michael has shown some great kindness to Pam).

They wanted someone more pro-Michael to fill any Pam void.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #394
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I thought it was pretty good, the Buffalo closing bit especially.

Just watched it and agreed. The Buffalo bit was the best, but I thought there were some good moments sprinkled throughout the episode.

"believe me I have seen a lot of tough audiences that was one of them" had me laughing out loud.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 05-16-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote