Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 AM   #351
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I however, traded Greg Jennings and Donald Brown for Pierre Thomas and Kevin Walter.

I have Bell as well, along with Chris Johnson (see above bias), Felix Jones and Ray Rice. I may be a little thin at running back but I've got some nice backs.

Receivers I have Andre Johnson, Hakim Nicks, Percy Harvin, Austin Collie, and now Kevin Walter.

I start two receivers and two running backs, with a WR/RB flex spot.

If AJ is out for next weeks game, Walter should see some more attention. Nicks takes WR#2, if not Harvin on certain matchups.

This is a keeper league: I'm allowed to keep 1 player from the 1st three rounds, and 2 from the rounds onward. At this time, Chris or Andre Johnson will be kept (RBs are a premium so that may be the direction I go), Ray Rice is eligible (got him in the eighth round) as is Matt Schaub, as is Pierre Thomas. (Free agent acquisitions aren't eligible).

So do you think I did okay?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #352
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
Trent Edwards is your starter? Sheesh, how deep is your league (how many teams?)

There is no way Cassel is worth giving up a first rounder for - isn't there anyone on the waiver wire? Even picking up a guy like Henne on waivers would be better than going with T Edwards or trading a first for Cassel, who isn't playing in a dynamic offense.

We are a deep deep 16 team keeper IDP league comprising a lot of vets..So its tough to scam any players. Steals come in the draft. I got Colston a few years ago on waivers and hester very late in the draft.

Top waiver qb is Gradkowski. Top Rb is G wolfe and top wr is Furrey. Waivers this year are slim pickins all around.

Cassell is the best I can find. I traded Brady away, before he was a starter to the team owning Bledsoe for a 1st and 2nd. So prices for ANY starters are high.

I went with the trade. Now my team has Ryan Fitzpatrick Matt Cassell Trent Edwards and just in case JP Losman......

If I was 2-4 or so then I'd take this season as a loss but at 4-2 I had to risk it.Now I am 5-2 ..It might have been worht it

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 10-27-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:08 AM   #353
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
What happened?

Brain farts happened.I went from a power WR steam to a ground based team. Gone are Colston and Randy. Although now I will be bringing Crabs off the Taxi squad so my receivers go from atrocious to bad.

In my defense I am 5-2, only because i have the least PA ..I'll take it
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #354
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Pick Two of three:

Frank Gore @ Indy.
Knowshon Moreno @ Balt.
Matt Forte v. Cle.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:28 PM   #355
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Pick Two of three:

Frank Gore @ Indy.
Knowshon Moreno @ Balt.
Matt Forte v. Cle.

I think you have to start the two guaranteed backs which are Gore and Forte; Moreno is a wait and see even though Baltimore defense is not what it used to be.

I gotta vent, I just saw a trade go through in one of my leagues:

Team A trades: Steve Smith (CAR), Steven Jackson (STL), Tony Gonzalez (ATL) and Jay Cutler (CHI)
Team B trades: Tom Brady (NE), Vincent Jackson (SD) and Brandon Jacobs (NY)

Team A just got stacked as he has Ronnie Brown, Mike Turner, and Vernon Davis.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #356
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I think you have to start the two guaranteed backs which are Gore and Forte; Moreno is a wait and see even though Baltimore defense is not what it used to be.

Yeah, on the basis that Gore's going to get touches no matter what happens and Cleveland is a complete disaster area, I think you have to go with those two. Besides, maybe I'm incorrect, but isn't the Ravens' run D still pretty good but their pass D is the one being shredded? Or the other way around?

Quote:
I gotta vent, I just saw a trade go through in one of my leagues:

Team A trades: Steve Smith (CAR), Steven Jackson (STL), Tony Gonzalez (ATL) and Jay Cutler (CHI)
Team B trades: Tom Brady (NE), Vincent Jackson (SD) and Brandon Jacobs (NY)

Wow.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #357
MikeVic
Head Coach

Thanks for the Chris Johnson advice, I rejected the trade. The only other players he has are Ray Rice, Nate Burleson, Steve Smith (CAR), Moreno and Jamal Lewis... so I don't see how I can find more than Ryan Grant and Santonio Holmes out of that team.

That trade posted above involving Brady is brutal.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #358
sooner333
College Starter

Scoring system: 3 points for every 20 yds rushing, 25 yds receiving. 3 points for every 5 REC. 6 Pts for TD's and a bonus for 100 yards rushing or receiving. 2 points for every tackle, 3 pts for sacks and INT's.

Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 WR/RB
My team now:
RB: Turner, R. Brown, R. Williams, Slaton, Maroney, C. Taylor
WR: Manningham, Berrian, Bryant, George Wilson (he's a safety for the Bills who has WR eligibility and still gets 2 points per tackle. He's playing right now due to injuries in the Bills secondary).

The trade offer:
I get: DeSean Jackson, Mike Bell
I trade: Steve Slaton

Alternatively I could give up Brown or Turner in that trade or trade Williams straight up for Bowe or Jackson.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning toward pulling the original trade since I don't trust Slaton (I started Maroney last week over him) and I need WR help, especially after Wilson gets replaced. Plus, I'm in a last ditch effort to save my season (2-5) after having bad luck all year (most points against in the league).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #359
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
The trade offer:
I get: DeSean Jackson, Mike Bell
I trade: Steve Slaton

Oh hell yes. In fact, with that scoring I'd even trade Slaton straight up for Jackson, as it's clear that Reid and McNabb love him long time.

I'd also be starting Turner, Brown & Williams each week, and have Bell as a backup or as someone to use based on matchups (coming in for Brown or Williams, generally).
Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #360
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

I would def take that trade, DeSean Jackson has been playing great, and when Mike Bell is in the game he looks great (and it seems the Saints are using him more than Pierre in true goal line situations).
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:32 AM   #361
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here's the situation: I'm in first place and the next to last place team is desperate for a decent receiver. I'm thinking this might be a way to fix my running back situation (or to tinker and screw things up). We're a 14 team league, point per catch, 6 per touchdown, 1 point per 10 rushing yds, 1 point per 20 passing/receiving/return yards. What possible trades do you see here?

My team
QB- Brady, Schaub
RB- Ronnie Brown, K. Smith, Mendenhall, Shonn Greene, Addai
WR- Randy Moss, Driver, Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Torry Holt
TE- Jeremy Shockey
K- John Carney
DEF- Arizona (this week, been rotating)

He has:
QB- Brees, Palmer
RB- Gore, Moreno, Westbrook, Bush
WR- Cribbs, Crabtree, Royal, Owens, Jacoby Jones
TE- Carlson
K- Folk, Gostkowski
DEF- Minnesota

Is there anything there that makes sense and lets me strengthen my running back group?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:36 AM   #362
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

PB - your RB corp isn't that bad, especially with Greene's value going up after Washington's injury. Westbrook is banged up, Bush would probably sit on your bench, and Moreno is still splitting carries. Gore is really the only viable option, and he would probably want way too much for him.

My RB dilemma this week:

Start 3 (2 RB, 1 flex): Thomas Jones (@ MIA), Frank Gore (@ IND), Ray Rice (@DEN), Kevin Smith (v. STL)
Old 10-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #363
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The problem is that all of his RBs come with question marks.

Gore hasn't put up a good game since his injury and the team just committed to a spread formation QB.

Moreno is, IMO, the safest bet here, but he does share time with Buckhalter (who is actually playing better than him).

The NFL just changed its official injury designation system to: Out, Doubtful, Westbrook, Probable, Healthy

Reggie Bush gets some goal line touches and has some PPR value, but he is in a crowded backfield.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:39 AM   #364
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
PB - your RB corp isn't that bad, especially with Greene's value going up after Washington's injury. Westbrook is banged up, Bush would probably sit on your bench, and Moreno is still splitting carries. Gore is really the only viable option, and he would probably want way too much for him.

My RB dilemma this week:

Start 3 (2 RB, 1 flex): Thomas Jones (@ MIA), Frank Gore (@ IND), Ray Rice (@DEN), Kevin Smith (v. STL)

Right off the bat, I like Smith vs. Seattle. When he gets the carries, he looks good and St. Louis is not a defensive threat. Also, if Stafford plays, look for him to get some catches again.

Gore vs. Indy is tempting as well, since they spent the week re-tooling the offense. I think he'll get some good carries on the turf in Indy.

That leaves Jones vs. Miami or Rice vs. Denver. I would go Jones here as he should see a slight boost in touches (with Greene getting the rest) from Washington's absence. So I would go: Jones, Smith, and Gore
Old 10-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #365
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I agree with PF - your RB situation isn't bad by any stretch, and you're in first. If it ain't broke...

PF - Tough one. They're all pretty good starts this week. Personally I'd leave Gore on the bench.

My question: Getting fed up with McNabb(vs. NYG). Crazy to start Garrard (@TEN) instead? Garrard did well in the first Titans matchup.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #366
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
My team
RB- Ronnie Brown, K. Smith, Mendenhall, Shonn Greene, Addai

He has:
RB- Gore, Moreno, Westbrook, Bush

Your running back group is good, and I'd be unlikely to want to put one of his into your group. Gore has injury problems (I've been an owner of his for years, so I know), so does Westbrook, and Bush plays for the Raiders so you can't count on him. Moreno I like, but at what cost? Plus, he's a rookie, and might fade during the FF playoffs.

You, on the other hand, should enjoy steady production from Brown & Smith (yes, Detroit sucks, but they also lean heavily on Smith), with Mendenhall coming into his own. Greene should be picking up a lot of carries and is only 1 Thomas Jones injury away from being a RB1, IMO. And Addai will probably see more of a load as the year progresses as we're still probably a year away from Indy ditching him for Brown (if that happens).

So, sit tight.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:43 AM   #367
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
If it ain't broke...

And that is what I'm thinking. In the last four years I have had a first place finish and two second place finishes (not talking about the ninth place finish the other year) but I hit a point every season where I have to fight off the urge to tinker with the team and I think that is really what drew me to ask the question.

Thanks guys.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #368
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Any sleeper picks at WR this week? My WR corps is absolutely decimated right now...the only completely healthy guys I have are Larry Fitzgerald and Sidney Rice. Anthony Gonzalez and Chris Cooley are both out (obviously) and Andre Johnson is listed as questionable. I'm open to suggestions...looking for a potential waiver pickup as a contingency plan in case Andre can't go.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #369
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Well if Johnson's out Jacoby Jones is an option.

Other possibilities:
Massaquoi
Nicks (probably not available)
Bess
STL wideouts (gotta throw somewhere)
Morgan
Old 10-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #370
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Any sleeper picks at WR this week?

How deep is your league and what WRs might be available?

Possibly James Jones. The Packers are down to 3 WRs and 2 TEs. Finley, Swain, Nelson are out and Allen was just moved to the active roster from the practice squad. So, if they go pass happy again vs the Vikings, Jones may have some value.

Then again, depends on who is out there in your league.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #371
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Thanks for the ideas. I'm in a 12-team league, and the average team carries about 5 WRs, so for the most part there's a few WR2s out there on lousy teams, then some WR3 on better offenses. As an example, I tried picking up Mike Wallace in waivers this week but somebody beat me to him.

I may go and see what's available on STL...if there's a week for a STL wideout to have a good week, this is it.

Hopefully Andre Johnson plays and it's all a moot point, but I'd rather be prepared.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 10-29-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #372
sooner333
College Starter

Made the trade. If my strategy pans out, it could work out well. The team I traded with is the top team in the league. He's also in my division, so he plays all of us four times. This might allow him to continue beating up on the other teams, but when he plays me again Slaton is out on BYE.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:14 AM   #373
Thomkal
Head Coach

So I have an interesting dilemna this week. Midway through the week in a regular scoring ESPN league, some idiot waives Brett Favre. I drafted Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco so I haven't felt the need to go get another QB. Couldn't resist taking a flyer at Favre though, for if no other reason, no one else gets him. Was able to claim him off the wire, so now the question is: Who do I start this week?

Favre comes home to Green Bay and showed he was up for playing them earlier in the season. But that was in Minnesota and he comes to town with some WR and TE injuries. Start him?

Ryan, my current starter, has had a couple rough weeks, and faces a good New Orleans defense in the SuperDome. Miami put up 30+ points against NO last week, and I espect a similar shootout here. Start him?

Flacco comes off a bye, but still has a bit of a gimpy ankle, and has to face the undefeated Broncos. Not exactly a great matchup. Start him?

thanks for any advice.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:46 AM   #374
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So I have an interesting dilemna this week. Midway through the week in a regular scoring ESPN league, some idiot waives Brett Favre. I drafted Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco so I haven't felt the need to go get another QB. Couldn't resist taking a flyer at Favre though, for if no other reason, no one else gets him. Was able to claim him off the wire, so now the question is: Who do I start this week?

Favre comes home to Green Bay and showed he was up for playing them earlier in the season. But that was in Minnesota and he comes to town with some WR and TE injuries. Start him?

Ryan, my current starter, has had a couple rough weeks, and faces a good New Orleans defense in the SuperDome. Miami put up 30+ points against NO last week, and I espect a similar shootout here. Start him?

Flacco comes off a bye, but still has a bit of a gimpy ankle, and has to face the undefeated Broncos. Not exactly a great matchup. Start him?

thanks for any advice.

Every prediction I've looked at has these three relatively close to each other with Favre as a slight favorite. While I agree that the injuries around Favre are a concern, I think he would be my choice here.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #375
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At what point does wind become a serious factor in scoring in a game. Is it like 30mph or more?

I'm tempted to play the Texans D vs the Bills today, but only if wind is extreme.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:39 AM   #376
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
At what point does wind become a serious factor in scoring in a game. Is it like 30mph or more?

I'm tempted to play the Texans D vs the Bills today, but only if wind is extreme.

Accuweather shows the wind in Buffalo will be less than 10 MPH.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #377
sooner333
College Starter

A different league than the trade earlier (using the normal 1 point per 10 yds, 6 for TD setup, no PPR). Start 3: Vincent Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Hakeem Nicks, Sidney Rice, Jericho Cotchery.

I'm going to start the Jacksons, but Nicks will get a boost with Manningham out and Cotchery is coming back starting against two rookie corners in Miami. I'm leaning toward Cotchery now, but is there anything that I'm missing.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #378
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

You guys gave me great advice before, so here I am again. Out of the blue, I got this trade offer.

I get: Maurice Jones-Drew and Matt Ryan
I give: Tom Brady and Ronnie Brown

My team:
QB- Schaub, Brady
RB- Brown, K. Smith, Mendenhall, Addai, Moats
WR- Randy Moss, Driver, DeSean Jackson, Bowe, Holt
TE- Shockey
K- Carney
DEF- Arizona (playing week by week)

We give 6 per td, 1 per catch, 1 per 10 rushing yards, 1 per 20 receiving yards/passing yards, etc.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #379
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You guys gave me great advice before, so here I am again. Out of the blue, I got this trade offer.

I get: Maurice Jones-Drew and Matt Ryan
I give: Tom Brady and Ronnie Brown

My team:
QB- Schaub, Brady
RB- Brown, K. Smith, Mendenhall, Addai, Moats
WR- Randy Moss, Driver, DeSean Jackson, Bowe, Holt
TE- Shockey
K- Carney
DEF- Arizona (playing week by week)

We give 6 per td, 1 per catch, 1 per 10 rushing yards, 1 per 20 receiving yards/passing yards, etc.

Important question: keeper league?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:52 PM   #380
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe I didn't think to handcuff Slaton with Moats

Fuckin Texans man, Slaton has butterfingers.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:20 AM   #381
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Important question: keeper league?

Hey CR, we are not a keeper league.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:42 AM   #382
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey CR, we are not a keeper league.

In that case, seems like trading for trading's sake. I don't see much of the point of trading. If anything, it's WR you need an upgrade. With it being a PPR league, Drew could have more value than Brown and that's a good pickup, but I don't know if you don't then lose that in a drop from Brady to Ryan.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:00 AM   #383
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
How deep is your league and what WRs might be available?

Possibly James Jones. The Packers are down to 3 WRs and 2 TEs. Finley, Swain, Nelson are out and Allen was just moved to the active roster from the practice squad. So, if they go pass happy again vs the Vikings, Jones may have some value.

Then again, depends on who is out there in your league.

Sorry, it's late, but Malcolm Floyd
Old 11-02-2009, 09:04 AM   #384
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I have a owner who is in need of some receiver depth, it's a keeper league.

I had just traded for Clinton Portis who was going to be a flex at best (I have Chris Johnson, Ray Rice, Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell) for Austin Collie (whom I could not keep because he was a free agent pick-up).

So I was thinking of flipped Clinton Portis (won't keep), Hakim Nicks (can't keep - free agent acquisition) and Percy Harvin (keeper eligible) for Donald Brown (keeper eligible) and Randy Moss (keeper eligible but I won't keep him at the expense of Chris Johnson or Andre Johnson) (*-note you can only keep three players, only 1 from your 1st three drafting rounds).
Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #385
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I can't believe I didn't think to handcuff Slaton with Moats

Fuckin Texans man, Slaton has butterfingers.

My trade turned out to be quite a steal for me.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #386
TLK
Pro Starter

I'm in trouble at RB with Slaton falling apart. Should I consider trading Roddy White and Ahmad Bradshaw for Pierre Thomas and Roy Williams? I love the Saints schedule, but hate giving up White.

Before:
RB - Forte, Slaton (Bradshaw, Wells, C. Williams)
WR- White, Ochocinco, Boldin (Walter, Nicks, Knox, Gonzalez)

After:
RB - Forte, Thomas (Slaton, Wells, C. Williams)
WR - Ochocinco, Roy Williams, Boldin (Walter, Nicks, Knox, Gonzalez)

The alternative would be putting a large bid on Ryan Moats and try to coast until that situation plays itself out. I'm 5-3, but have lost my last two games by one point combined... stupid tie-breakers.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #387
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLK View Post
Should I consider trading Roddy White

No.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:13 PM   #388
dervack
College Prospect

Alright, Matt Forte vs Arizona, Jonathon Stewart vs NO and Ronnie Brown vs the Pats. I need 2
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:16 PM   #389
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Would you make this trade:

Jeremy Shockey for Reggie Bush

My back up TE is Kellen Winslow. We get 6 pts per TD and 1 pt per 10 rushing and receiving yards.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #390
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Would you make this trade:

Jeremy Shockey for Reggie Bush

My back up TE is Kellen Winslow. We get 6 pts per TD and 1 pt per 10 rushing and receiving yards.

No

Maybe in a PPR reception league, but depending on your other RBs and the # of RBs you can start in a given week, I doubt you would ever start Bush. I could see starting Shockey though.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 11-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #391
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No

Maybe in a PPR reception league, but depending on your other RBs and the # of RBs you can start in a given week, I doubt you would ever start Bush. I could see starting Shockey though.

I need to start 3 RBs. I have Steve Slaton, Steven Jackson, Willie Parker, and McGhee. yeah they suck.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #392
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I need to start 3 RBs. I have Steve Slaton, Steven Jackson, Willie Parker, and McGhee. yeah they suck.

Ohhh... ok. Makes more sense now.

Is there no one on waiver wires?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:17 PM   #393
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ohhh... ok. Makes more sense now.

Is there no one on waiver wires?

Nope no one on there, 12 team league. I can only start 1 TE so I figure Winslow is just as productive so this won't hurt me too much.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 11-11-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #394
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I can see why you would want to do it. Guess I would lean more towards yes then. A. Green not available in the league? I'd almost think he will get 4-5 rushes a game and 2-3 passes so, same as Bush and not cost you Shockey.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #395
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Actually I'll check and see if he's available...thanks for the advice.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #396
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Also Kolby Smith on the Chiefs. If he is available I'd pick him up.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:46 PM   #397
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Trying to salvage something out of my 3-5-1 season and still make the playoffs rather than just waive the white flag:

Pick 1 (starting QB is on the bye):
David Garrard vs. the Cullens-less Jets, or Alex Smith vs. the crappy Bears (note that I am not penalized for INTs)

Pick 2 (assuming Westbrook will play):
Ronnie Brown vs. Buccaneers, Matt Forte vs. 49ers, Brian Westbrook vs. Chargers.
Allegiances:
Awards:

Last edited by DataKing : 11-11-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:48 PM   #398
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I say definitely Smith and then lean towards Brown just because the Tampa D is horrible vs the run. I'm not touching Westbrook given that you have 2 healthier options.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:49 PM   #399
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Tough call for me - league with 6 pts per pass TD, -2 for picks/FL and 1 point per 25 passing: Rivers vs. Philly or Warner at home vs. Seattle.

Rivers has been real consistent and Warner has been awful at home. I should go with Warner by the matchup, but I'm leaning to Rivers.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:25 PM   #400
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

That's a real tossup. Philly's 11th against the pass while Seattle is 17th. Both QBs are at home. My gut feeling says to go with Rivers since I think there's a greater possibility of a high-scoring game (on both sides) with SD-PHI than ARI-SEA.