Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2008, 12:15 PM   #351
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Hmmm. It could encourage supplemental income via a Playboy shoot...

Trust me on this one. Amanda doesn't need one more dime given to her. Time to earn it old school style, beotch.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #352
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm really hoping Amanda can win the challenge. If she makes the final three, she is in great position to take the million.
That's what we thought last season, when she was the prohibitive favorite to win against 2 VERY unpopular opponents. But Todd put on the best final jury performance of all time against Amanda's enormous choke-job and he stole the million.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 04:52 PM   #353
Jim G.
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post

This Erik thing is on a whole other level of stupid. So stupid that it's hard to accept that it's even possible. I keep thinking maybe, as an alleged Survivor "fan," he WANTED to do something this crazy just to leave his mark on the show for all time.

I believe Erik is the first representative of our little township of 20,000 to appear on a major reality show.

This performance does not bode well for future property values.
Jim G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #354
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim G. View Post
I believe Erik is the first representative of our little township of 20,000 to appear on a major reality show.

This performance does not bode well for future property values.

Don't go to Cold Stone. He'll mess up your order.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #355
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Best season since all-stars.

I agree that this is an excellent season, probably top 5. I think this season and Cook Islands with Yul, Ozzy, Jonathan, and Parvati are the best ones since All Stars. The other one I liked, but wasn't as good, was Exile Island with Terry vs. Aras and the absurd final 3 immunity challenge which screwed over the best player and surefire winner. But I still think the first one in Borneo is the best overall.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #356
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Erik's problem was that he was thinking too far ahead in the game and he was thinking too far ahead outside the game. He really idolized these Survivors and his final comments cemented that. He didn't want all these C-List people thinking his word was no good and he wanted to be liked. C'mon, the kid is 21 years old. He just wanted to be liked by the All-Stars.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:16 PM   #357
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
I agree that this is an excellent season, probably top 5. I think this season and Cook Islands with Yul, Ozzy, Jonathan, and Parvati are the best ones since All Stars. The other one I liked, but wasn't as good, was Exile Island with Terry vs. Aras and the absurd final 3 immunity challenge which screwed over the best player and surefire winner. But I still think the first one in Borneo is the best overall.
Completely agree with all of this...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #358
Brownkeg8
Mascot

I kept thinking Erik should have asked for a blow job in exchange for Immunity . How bad do you really want this necklace???
Brownkeg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #359
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Agreed across the board.

But seeing as how the last two seasons have played out, I think Amanda has to belong in the conversation of "best survivor of all time" right now. And will this be Cirie's second final three?
Old 05-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #360
Jas_lov
College Starter

Cirie finished 4th in the Exile Island season. I think it went to a fire making tiebreaker and Cirie lost. She was really good in that season, but was overshadowed by Terry and Aras. Add her performance this season and Cirie is definitely one of the best survivors of all time.

Amanda notching another top 3 and getting a victory this time around would certainly be impressive and should put her in the discussion. Unlike Cirie, Amanda is actually a physical threat which makes her a much bigger target.

There are probably better players than these two though. Rich Hatch and Yul dominated their seasons. Rob Cesternino didn't win his season, but he was brilliant.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:18 PM   #361
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Erik's problem was that he was thinking too far ahead in the game and he was thinking too far ahead outside the game. He really idolized these Survivors and his final comments cemented that. He didn't want all these C-List people thinking his word was no good and he wanted to be liked. C'mon, the kid is 21 years old. He just wanted to be liked by the All-Stars.

Erik's problem is that he is a fan of the show Survivor rather than a fan of the game of Survivor. He was out of his element completely this season.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 10:27 PM   #362
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Erik's problem is that he is a fan of the show Survivor rather than a fan of the game of Survivor. He was out of his element completely this season.

Yeah, if you watch the video clips on CBS, Erik is such a fan and so awed by being in the presence of the Favourites. He kept calling them rockstars
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:39 PM   #363
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 05-11-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #364
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Spoiler
Old 05-11-2008, 08:30 PM   #365
Jas_lov
College Starter

Amanda might be talking herself out of another victory. Everyone here except for myself and Brian D has said that Parvati has no chance of winning. But the edit of the show seems to suggest that she does. I think Parvati can get Alexis, Natalie, Jason, Cirie, and Eliza to win 5-3. Amanda made the right move though getting rid of Cirie.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #366
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Amanda might be talking herself out of another victory. Everyone here except for myself and Brian D has said that Parvati has no chance of winning. But the edit of the show seems to suggest that she does. I think Parvati can get Alexis, Natalie, Jason, Cirie, and Eliza to win 5-3. Amanda made the right move though getting rid of Cirie.

Spoiler
Old 05-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #367
Jas_lov
College Starter

And Parvati does win 5-3 just like I said. The jury rewarded Parvati for being aggressive and making bold moves. Amanda didn't really do any of that and the one good move she made where she acted like she didn't have the immunity idol, she didn't even mention at the jury questioning. Both played good games and neither one was that much more deserving than the other. It was a great season.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #368
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Dissapointing end, I though Amanda had it won
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:47 PM   #369
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I wonder what they would have done if it had been a 4-4 tie.

Last edited by Racer : 05-11-2008 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #370
Jas_lov
College Starter

They might have looked in the vote box to see if it was a tie, and if it was they'd have America vote. If that were the case, Amanda would have won. That's the only thing I can think of that they could have done.

I think they should have left it at a final 3. It would have played out much better. Amanda would still have Ozzy and James for votes, Parvati would have Alexis and Natalie. Erik seemed to like and respect Amanda so his vote might have stayed for Amanda. Eliza is the one person I could see voting for Cirie. And I don't know about Jason.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:10 PM   #371
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Amanda takes over the dumbest survivor ever. She's lost two games now in the final tribal council. Congrats.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 10:11 PM   #372
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
They might have looked in the vote box to see if it was a tie, and if it was they'd have America vote. If that were the case, Amanda would have won. That's the only thing I can think of that they could have done.

I think they should have left it at a final 3. It would have played out much better. Amanda would still have Ozzy and James for votes, Parvati would have Alexis and Natalie. Erik seemed to like and respect Amanda so his vote might have stayed for Amanda. Eliza is the one person I could see voting for Cirie. And I don't know about Jason.

I'm sure they looked in the vote box shortly after they voted. I'm curious how they would have handled a tie.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #373
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Amanda takes over the dumbest survivor ever. She's lost two games now in the final tribal council. Congrats.

She seemed to learn from the first one though. She was a lot less apologetic the second time around and did a lot better with the jury (only losing 5-3 this time).
Old 05-11-2008, 10:21 PM   #374
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'm sure they looked in the vote box shortly after they voted. I'm curious how they would have handled a tie.

And I said America's vote. It was 5-3 so they didn't have to worry about it. If it was 4-4, what else could they have done except wait a couple months and put on the show "Go to cbs.com to vote for the winner of Survivor in the event of a tie vote." Who else would have voted? Another Survivor on the show who hadn't been to the tribal councils? Jeff Probst? There's nothing else I can think of that they could have done except have America vote on the website.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:59 PM   #375
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ozzy at the reunion show: "Well, you know how those Survivor girls are Jeff. I lost my job waiting tables and now I have to scrub toilets because I'm so popular." LOL.

Also, HD next season. It's about frickin time.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #376
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think many people got that joke that Ozzie made. I know my wife didn't get it right away and I just burst out laughing from it.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #377
Raiders Army
Coordinator

It was two-fold. First the rib on Julie. Then, the lunchlady last season. That was great. My wife didn't get it either.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 05-11-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:34 PM   #378
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wow, a final 2!!!! I thought I read somewhere how absurd it would be for them to have a final two with an EVEN number on the jury.

On another note, Amanda has yet again pulled defeat from the jaws of victory!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #379
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

The final 2 may very well be a result of James going so late due to medical reasons. Since they have all of the challenges mapped out before the season (the content, not the order), they may have had to play them all out and couldn't just eliminate one since James left.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:44 PM   #380
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm really hoping Amanda can win the challenge. If she makes the final three, she is in great position to take the million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
That's what we thought last season, when she was the prohibitive favorite to win against 2 VERY unpopular opponents. But Todd put on the best final jury performance of all time against Amanda's enormous choke-job and he stole the million.
Toot-Toot.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 AM   #381
Kodos
Resident Alien

Poor Amanda. It's gotta suck being the Buffalo Bills of Survivor.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:51 AM   #382
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
She seemed to learn from the first one though. She was a lot less apologetic the second time around and did a lot better with the jury (only losing 5-3 this time).

She was still pretty bad, though. Particularly with Cirie. Why the hell would you announce to a skeptical juror what a GREAT job Parvati did making bold strategic moves? Why should anyone vote for you when you're announcing to the world what a great job your opponent did? She totally alienated Cirie by insulting her strategy to her face. Stupid! You say, "Hey Cirie, you're awesome. You played a great game, plus you're a mom. I felt like I had a better shot at the million bringing Parvati." Survivor 101. G'ah!! Frustrating. I'm not a huge fan of Amanda's but it makes you want to tear your hair out watching such a great player from days 1-38 botch day 39 so badly -- for the second damn time in a row.

Of the two, the right player won.

I also felt that Cirie's final words were genuinely heartbreaking. Guess I'm a softie. Survivor greatness unrewarded. Ah well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I don't think many people got that joke that Ozzie made. I know my wife didn't get it right away and I just burst out laughing from it.

Yep. Pretty much the best unappreciated joke ever on Survivor. Hilarious + dead awkward silence from audience = gold.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 12:53 AM   #383
LloydLungs
College Prospect

dola

Natalie's question to Parvati = MOST BIZARRE QUESTION IN JURY HISTORY. Holy crap.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:11 AM   #384
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
dola

Natalie's question to Parvati = MOST BIZARRE QUESTION IN JURY HISTORY. Holy crap.

Not that bizarre if you consider Natalie a lesbian with a fancrush on Parv wanting to test the waters.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:10 AM   #385
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Not that bizarre if you consider Natalie a lesbian with a fancrush on Parv wanting to test the waters.

Absolutely 100% correct. Don't forget to insert "man-hating" in front of the lesbian part. Apparently, according to Natalie a woman can outwit a man every time. I guess as a Survivor "fan" she failed to remember all the men winning in prior seasons.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 05-12-2008 at 03:12 AM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 AM   #386
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:
She was still pretty bad, though. Particularly with Cirie. Why the hell would you announce to a skeptical juror what a GREAT job Parvati did making bold strategic moves? Why should anyone vote for you when you're announcing to the world what a great job your opponent did? She totally alienated Cirie by insulting her strategy to her face. Stupid! You say, "Hey Cirie, you're awesome. You played a great game, plus you're a mom. I felt like I had a better shot at the million bringing Parvati." Survivor 101. G'ah!! Frustrating. I'm not a huge fan of Amanda's but it makes you want to tear your hair out watching such a great player from days 1-38 botch day 39 so badly -- for the second damn time in a row.

I thought the exact same thing at that moment. That question from Cirie was actually a softball waiting for the standard Survivor final tribal answer. Instead, Amanda ends up telling the jury why Parvati should win. It was also at the moment that I believed Amanda was probably going to lose.

I just don't get it. She's an awesome player, she knows just what to do, just what to say in the first 38 days, but just can't stop choking on day 39.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #387
Landshark44
High School Varsity

i still don't get ozzies joke....
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:32 AM   #388
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark44 View Post

Jeff is dating Julie, a Survivor from (some season, can't remember which one); thus, Ozzy tells Jeff "You know how those Survivor women are, Jeff."

Last season the lunch lady told this maudlin story (believe her name was Deb?) of how she couldn't work in the cafeteria any more because of Survivor and was forced to scrub toilets. As a result, Mark Burnett gave her some pity money ($100k?). It turned out she lied about it and apologized later.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #389
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark44 View Post

Same here. We're obviously going to need a further translation.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:35 AM   #390
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Jeff is dating Julie, a Survivor from (some season, can't remember which one); thus, Ozzy tells Jeff "You know how those Survivor women are, Jeff."

Last season the lunch lady told this maudlin story (believe her name was Deb?) of how she couldn't work in the cafeteria any more because of Survivor and was forced to scrub toilets. As a result, Mark Burnett gave her some pity money ($100k?). It turned out she lied about it and apologized later.

Ah, thanks.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:04 AM   #391
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinatieri for Prez View Post
I thought the exact same thing at that moment. That question from Cirie was actually a softball waiting for the standard Survivor final tribal answer. Instead, Amanda ends up telling the jury why Parvati should win. It was also at the moment that I believed Amanda was probably going to lose.

I just don't get it. She's an awesome player, she knows just what to do, just what to say in the first 38 days, but just can't stop choking on day 39.

I think Amanda is one of those people who is really smart but doesn't think and speak well on her feet. I feel kind of badly for her since I am much the same way. Let me sit alone for 10-15 minutes with a question and I can come up with a great answer. Require one on the spot with the stress of everyone sitting and waiting...no chance.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:03 AM   #392
Daimyo
College Starter

Amanda is pretty overrated in this thread. In China I thought she played the game in such a way that she had no chance to actually win. She made it to the final three, but alienated pretty much everyone along the way.

In this one she played a completely different game, but one that was wholly unremarkable. She made only one move (the hidden idol) and that wasn't exactly bold... she had no choice! Up until then she simply aligned with the right people and let them carry her.

Parv really, surprisingly, played the game very well. She got in the right alliance but that's not all that special. What she did remarkably was realize at exactly the right moment when she needed to break people people off and vote them out. So many seasons you get a strong five-person alliance and the people in the third or fourth position happily go along to end with no chance of winning. Parv was in the fourth position in her original alliance and managed to avoid that mistake.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:09 AM   #393
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post

Well, obviously that's what it was, but that's a pretty damn bizarre issue to come up at final tribal. Natalie is one damaged mamma jamma of a chick.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:15 AM   #394
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I loved the look on Jeff's face while she was asking the question.. like.. WTF!?

Then he goes on to say, "Parv, do you understand what she's asking?" Hilarious.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:34 AM   #395
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I enjoy Survivor every year and watch every episode. But damn, the jury questions are the most painful 15 minutes of TV you'll ever see. I just get angrier and angrier each time some new moron gets up there and desperately tries to get something out of their final fleeting moments of fame.

Erik - What was he talking about?
Eliza - Weren't you eliminated two months ago? Stop talking.
James - "Amanda has it wrapped up." Good call.
Natalie - Tried to play the sexy villianess. Failed completely and utterly.
Ozzie - Went from one notch below Jack Bauer to completely emasculated

Argh.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 AM   #396
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I think Natalie was the only one trying to extend her fame. James, Erik, and Ozzie were all holding grudges and needed to take a parting shot and the person they were upset with. Eliza just talks a lot all the time. This was one of the more tame jury events because half of the members already made up their minds and nobody did want to make a big celebrity speech. As painful as I generally find these things, this one wasn't so bad.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:56 AM   #397
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

I couldn't have been more exasperated when Eliza took what seemed like FOREVER to write down her vote. Even the other jury members continued looking over at her like "what da" was going on. And yet somehow I felt like she was milking it for her last 15 seconds of fame.

I certainly didn't see Parv winning, so I enjoyed the final twists and turns. I've already read a couple of headlines proclaiming this the best season ever. I won't go that far, but could certainly see it as Top 4 or 5.

Finally, what was up with Joel? He seemed to be quite upset with the "editing job". Hmmm... maybe he is a sensitive caring person in real life... NOT! And I loved how Jeff smacked him back with the Chet is still 2 places to your left jab. Ba-BAM! The Host has spoken...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #398
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I was really disappointed at how Amanda flubbed up the jury vote, again. You're exactly right, she missed a huge opp with Cirie's question to say "because you're too good, Cirie," like Todd did last year. And even more of a problem, downplaying her performances, telling everyone they were just genuine. She should have taken credit for some amazing acting and manipulating - that's what made me think she was playing a great game. Telling people you were just being sincere means either you weren't playing a great game, or you're a phony. Obviously the women on the jury thought she was a phone, and preferred Parvati being straight up and bitchy.

I got blindsided there. But yeah, talk about some awkward jury questions. Ozzy was hilarious, and Natalie was way out there. How about you wait 'til after the show to ask Parvati to get in your pants?

I feel bad for Erik being crowned "dumbest survivor". I thought Jason earned that crown. He had the immunity challenge won, and gave it up even though he was the odd man out? That was horrifically dumb, forget the idol. What a 'tard.

I'd be interested to hear each juror's reasoning for their vote. I had underestimated how much the women seemed to like Parvati, and forgotten she was a charity chick, which obviously played well with Alexis. It played out much differently than I expected.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #399
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Finally, what was up with Joel? He seemed to be quite upset with the "editing job". Hmmm... maybe he is a sensitive caring person in real life... NOT! And I loved how Jeff smacked him back with the Chet is still 2 places to your left jab. Ba-BAM! The Host has spoken...

Yeah, Chet is a waste of space, but Joel seemed such as ass, I was glad to see Jeff knock him down a notch. Chet only lasted that long because he was zero threat to anybody, but Joel was an idiot. We're supposed to be impressed you knocked Chet's head into a tree and then got voted out? Why do these guys think being some stud is how you win Survivor? Do they even watch the show?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #400
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
I enjoy Survivor every year and watch every episode. But damn, the jury questions are the most painful 15 minutes of TV you'll ever see.
Heh - that's funny - my wife and I debated whether to fast forward through the final jury part for about five minutes while we had the recording paused. In the end we decided that, yes, it would be cringe-worthy (I had to watch Ozzie with my hands over my face), but we knew there would be at least one pearl in there somewhere.

We were wrong.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote