Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2005, 07:11 PM   #351
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Thanks. They should switch to them full-time, as the current uniforms are HIDEOUS.

I can see the helmets changing back to a base-white, but those throwback jersey and pants are freeking hideous. I hate Buffalo's normal road jersies too, but the dark blue home jersey is quite nice.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:14 PM   #352
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer
3 Superbowls and 12 NFL titles overall. It looks like this year is once again a chance to look back on those.

And I will not stop being mad about that. Same head coach, and same ugly uniforms. I still do not like them.

That's OK. I still like the Pack, though I wish to God they'd figure out that their defense needs help. Some serious, serious help.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:16 PM   #353
RendeR
Coordinator

Yeah, I have to say that the Packers have been seriously over-hyped this year. That defense is just god-awful and Favre is looking like a high school QB more than a pro one.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:17 PM   #354
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
That's OK. I still like the Pack, though I wish to God they'd figure out that their defense needs help. Some serious, serious help.

Actually, in games 1 and 2 this year, the offense has needed the most help. Scoring on the first each game is nice and all, but when that is all you do for most the game, it doesn't help much.

The play selection is driving me nuts. I am just not sure what is going on. They seem to be playing with no desire to win I guess is the best way I can describe it.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #355
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Yeah, I have to say that the Packers have been seriously over-hyped this year. That defense is just god-awful and Favre is looking like a high school QB more than a pro one.

Over-hyped? What have you been listening to man? I listen to mostly ESPN radio and NFL Radio, and most of those guys picked the Pack to come in last or 3rd in the division. I just didn't want to believe it. Hearing how the Packers have maybe the worst defense in the league started to drive me nuts, now I am accepting it.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #356
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Over-hyped? What have you been listening to man? I listen to mostly ESPN radio and NFL Radio, and most of those guys picked the Pack to come in last or 3rd in the division. I just didn't want to believe it. Hearing how the Packers have maybe the worst defense in the league started to drive me nuts, now I am accepting it.

Seriously? All we here around here (western NY) is how Brett and his Offense are going to dominate the NFC Norris this year and the only challenge is the Moss-less Vikings.

Must have some really out of touch sports guys here in Buffalo.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:21 PM   #357
saldana
Pro Starter

did anyone else love the patriots getting slapped around as much as i did? no one wants to seem to acknowledge how much mike nolan and charle weis were integral to that team, but i think we saw today that that team doesnt have the same character they had before.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:25 PM   #358
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Seriously? All we here around here (western NY) is how Brett and his Offense are going to dominate the NFC Norris this year and the only challenge is the Moss-less Vikings.

Must have some really out of touch sports guys here in Buffalo.

I need to move to Buffalo. I would love o hear that stuff, even when they are 0-8.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:29 PM   #359
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Awesome intro to The Raiders Chiefs game.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:30 PM   #360
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Awesome intro to The Raiders Chiefs game.

Really? I found it so boring I changed the channel. I guess it's a matter of perception.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:31 PM   #361
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I need to move to Buffalo. I would love o hear that stuff, even when they are 0-8.

Yeah, I'm just hoping that Cincinnati's ass ripping of minnesota makes these Bills-Homies wake up and realize they can't keep up the same old-Bengals commentary that I keep hearing too.

Can't wait for X-Mas Eve, we're gonna spank thos Bills.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #362
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
did anyone else love the patriots getting slapped around as much as i did? no one wants to seem to acknowledge how much mike nolan and charle weis were integral to that team, but i think we saw today that that team doesnt have the same character they had before.

I certainly didn't enjoy it, but their offense got their asses kicked. I don't know why they didn't throw any screens when Carolina started blitzing, thats something Weis always did and I figured it would carry over.

They still have some great pass blocking on the line, even when they blitzed Brady had enough time and should of gotten them off. Their run blocking is god awful though, I don't think it's Dillon. Their defense was solid though I though.

In anycase, it's tough to judge the character of a team after one loss. Let's not forget Week one two years ago.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-18-2005 at 07:35 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #363
RendeR
Coordinator

And so begins loss #2 for the Raiders this season. I'd like to say it bothers me, but I've never liked the Raiders.

There are a number of teams I won't shed a tear about if they loose continuously: San Francisco, Dallas, New England, Oakland, and the Rams top my list...anyone else?
Old 09-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #364
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

When did Sterling Sharpe return to ESPN?
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:42 PM   #365
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And so begins loss #2 for the Raiders this season. I'd like to say it bothers me, but I've never liked the Raiders.

There are a number of teams I won't shed a tear about if they loose continuously: San Francisco, Dallas, New England, Oakland, and the Rams top my list...anyone else?

Decent list, I almost agree with it. SF I don't care about because they have been down so long now. I throw in NFC North teams of course. And the Dolphins.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #366
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Don't forget the Steelers. I was hoping they would go down with Bettis and Duce. Oh well.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:46 PM   #367
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Don't forget the Steelers. I was hoping they would go down with Bettis and Duce. Oh well.

naaaa, I like the Steelers.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #368
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I certainly didn't enjoy it, but their offense got their asses kicked. I don't know why they didn't throw any screens when Carolina started blitzing, thats something Weis always did and I figured it would carry over.

They still have some great pass blocking on the line, even when they blitzed Brady had enough time and should of gotten them off. Their run blocking is god awful though, I don't think it's Dillon. Their defense was solid though I though.

In anycase, it's tough to judge the character of a team after one loss. Let's not forget Week one two years ago.

im not saying they wont be in it come january, i just enjoy watching them get bitch slapped....as a niners fan, there wasnt much else for me to be happy about this week
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:53 PM   #369
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I'm a little worried about the Chiefs offense tonight without Roaf. Instead of going more creative and utilizing their other weapons, I'm afraid they're going to go so vanilla and conservative that it will make matters worse.

Of course, on the bright side is that the Raiders always implode, witness the muffed punt.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #370
RendeR
Coordinator

AM I alone in thinking that Lamont Jordan looks like he packed on about 30 lbs recently? Dude looks LARGE....(fat, not built)
Old 09-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #371
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
AM I alone in thinking that Lamont Jordan looks like he packed on about 30 lbs recently? Dude looks LARGE....(fat, not built)

Maybe he has a flack jacket on or something. I dunno.....
Old 09-18-2005, 08:36 PM   #372
Lorena
Unregistered

Whoa, how was that pass interference against Moss?
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #373
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick
Whoa, how was that pass interference against Moss?

That was a horrible call.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #374
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I thought that was a weak call. I think Moss got called for that because he's Moss and a Raider. The default assumption is that the Raiders are always cheating, so you know.

These third down conversions are killing me.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:54 PM   #375
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Willie Parker says hi.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:08 PM   #376
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Dante Hall just made the craziest return for a TD, but it got called back on an illegal block in the back.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:11 PM   #377
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Sigh. Jerome Woods used to be a decent safety. Now he's old, slow and stupid. That block in the back ruined an absolutely incredible playing by the Human Joystick -- I hate that nickname, by the way.

It's OK. Like Marty Schottenheimer always says, all you have to do with the Raiders is keep it close and they will implode on their own in the fourth quarter.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:14 PM   #378
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quite a lot of penalties in tonites sunday nite match.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:16 PM   #379
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
That was a horrible call.

Yeah that stunk. Just because Moss is like a foot taller than the DB doesn't mean he held him down. Good acting job tho..
Old 09-18-2005, 09:17 PM   #380
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Quite a lot of penalties in tonites sunday nite match.

Isn't it always when these teams play against each other? Heh
Old 09-18-2005, 09:18 PM   #381
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
It's OK. Like Marty Schottenheimer always says, all you have to do with the Raiders is keep it close and they will implode on their own in the fourth quarter.

LOL!! Good point
Old 09-18-2005, 09:29 PM   #382
stevew
Hall Of Famer

This Sunday night crew is actually decent. Much better than the usual suicide causing Theisman/Maguire team.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:30 PM   #383
TroyF
Coordinator

Funny, that's what we Bronco fans consider the strategy to be against any team Marty coaches.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:37 PM   #384
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Funny, that's what we Bronco fans consider the strategy to be against any team Marty coaches.
Montana to Willie Davis ... Touchdown, Kansas City!

That's referred to as the Monday Night Miracle around these parts.

By the way, I hate Rany Moss.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:38 PM   #385
Lorena
Unregistered

WoW! What a turnaround!! Nice pass and catch!!
Old 09-18-2005, 09:39 PM   #386
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Montana to Willie Davis ... Touchdown, Kansas City!

That's referred to as the Monday Night Miracle around these parts.

By the way, I hate Rany Moss.

Yep, one of Marty's shining moments against Denver. I'll let you live with that memory and not get into all the details of his Cleveland disasters or the 13 point lead he blew with about 4 minutes left in a game the Chiefs dominated.

Surprised they didn't call Randy for another push off there. The score of this game should be 21-17 now, be thankful it's only 17 each.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:43 PM   #387
TroyF
Coordinator

I hate Moss too, but what an incredible player he is. If he played hard on every play, he'd be the greatest player that ever played this game. He doesn't and he never will, but it's just amazing watching him make catches like that.

He's on the perfect team to hate though, we can agree on that.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:46 PM   #388
TroyF
Coordinator

Let me get this straight, the Raiders are paying Woodson 10 million dollars this year? For playing CB like that? I've seen old ladies in walkers cover better than he does. What the hell happened to him? I remember when he was good.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:51 PM   #389
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Here's another acceptable response:

Quote:
Funny, that's what any team considers the strategy to be against any team Marty coaches in the playoffs.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #390
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

I do love me a Chiefs victory in the Black Hole.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #391
kcchief19
Pro Starter

You have to feel sorry for Marty. Over the year's he's evolved into the cause of Ernest Byner fumbling on the 1-yard line and the reason Lin Freakin' Elliott couldn't have hit water if he felt out of a freakin' boat, and for the sucking of Steve "Oh No!" Bono. The only playoff disaster I blame him for is giving the start to Elvis Grbac in '97 after he came back from the shoulder injury in place of Rich Gannon who was on a roll and had taken on the role of team leader.

And I always thought that the Broncos strategy against Marty and the Chiefs was to let the Chiefs dominate for 58 minutes and then let Elway ran around and throw the ball 70 yards across the field falling down.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:51 PM   #392
Lorena
Unregistered

Did anyone see that Leftwich injury? OUCH! Can't believe he came back, hobbled to the line of scrimmage and spiked to ball to stop the clock. Man's got heart.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #393
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
You have to feel sorry for Marty. Over the year's he's evolved into the cause of Ernest Byner fumbling on the 1-yard line and the reason Lin Freakin' Elliott couldn't have hit water if he felt out of a freakin' boat, and for the sucking of Steve "Oh No!" Bono. The only playoff disaster I blame him for is giving the start to Elvis Grbac in '97 after he came back from the shoulder injury in place of Rich Gannon who was on a roll and had taken on the role of team leader.

And I always thought that the Broncos strategy against Marty and the Chiefs was to let the Chiefs dominate for 58 minutes and then let Elway ran around and throw the ball 70 yards across the field falling down.

In many of those games, Marty had the chance to put the other team and didn't do it. He let teams with no business of hanging around to not only hang around but to have the chance to win the game.

It's almost like he has some special knack for being aggressive at all the wrong times and passive at all the wrong times in a big game. FWIW, I think the two games this year are a perfect example of Marty finding ways to lose games.

Against Dallas, you have the ball at your five yard line, over a minute on the clock and instead of giving it to LT once, he throws the ball four times.

Today he's struggling badly against the Denver D. The Chargers can't get five yards, much less a first down. Where are the screens to LT? Where is a deep ball to Parker to try to stretch out the Denver D a little? Nowhere to be found. Well, nowhere to be found until the final two offensive plays the Chargers run that is. . . two deep passes into the end zone, the second nearly being picked off.

It's easy to armchair and I understand that. But sometimes Marty makes it real easy with his decisions.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:31 PM   #394
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

I can' believe hey didn chuck it to Randy more often during the last 2 drives.
Old 09-18-2005, 11:58 PM   #395
Ragone
Pro Rookie

To be honest.. Sterling sharpe is not a game analyst.. he struggled with simple grammar the entire game.. not to mention staying on moss's johnson the entire game
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:19 AM   #396
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
To be honest.. Sterling sharpe is not a game analyst.. he struggled with simple grammar the entire game.. not to mention staying on moss's johnson the entire game
I noticed that as well. I was hpnotyzed and started hating LaMont Jordan for gobbling up all those passes from Moss.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:03 AM   #397
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Yeah, the entire broadcast was basically the Randy Moss show. Wouldn't have known that his team was losing for most of the game based on the commentary.
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 03:44 AM   #398
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
Yeah, the entire broadcast was basically the Randy Moss show. Wouldn't have known that his team was losing for most of the game based on the commentary.

Kinda shocked Sterling didn't follow him into the locker room to proclaim "Moss is the greatest ever at taking a piss!"
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:47 AM   #399
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
Well, unlike the normal 2 asshats that ruin the sunday night game, he at least was somewhat entertaining. Maybe he was a bit all-over Moss, but who else are you gonna talk about on Oakland, he's pretty much their only good player.

And Warren Sapp looks even Fatter than normal.

Last edited by stevew : 09-19-2005 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:14 AM   #400
Butter
Coordinator

Keep losing, Ravens.

I hate you Brian Billick and Ray Lewis. 1-15 is too good for you.