Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2006, 02:31 AM   #351
lytic
College Benchwarmer

*shrugs* I don't pay that much attention to pallys since I don't play alliance chars. I just heard they were fixing them up a bit for 1.9.
Hattrick Moderator (since Season 22)
Evil Gargs' Hater (since Season 18)
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--
My Pro Soccer Story
lytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #352
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I'm still going somewhat strong with CoH/CoV, time permitting. Protector server!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #353
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Various feedback from DDO betatesters is disappointing. **sigh** somebody has to get it right someday.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 01:15 AM   #354
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
Various feedback from DDO betatesters is disappointing. **sigh** somebody has to get it right someday.

Aww bummer, I was hoping this would be the one
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:26 AM   #355
Brillig
College Prospect

Good news from the developers for those still playing CoH/V:

Quote:
AND now...we're changing the way Archvillains spawn. A ton of forum goers disliked adding so many AV's into missions a while back...so we've come up with a solution. If the team size and mission difficulty are ABOVE a certain level, an Archvillain spawns. Below that, players will face only an Elite Boss. If the mission is set on the first two levels of difficulty, it takes 4 heroes or more to spawn an Arch Villain. On the third level, 3 heroes or more. On the fourth level, 2 heroes. On the highest (Invincible), a solo hero will spawn an AV. Note this works in BOTH City of Heroes and Villains.

Probably in Issue 7 (i.e. Feb or so)
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #356
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
I will jump into whatever MMO the group decides. The group from this board was the only reason I stayed with CoH for as long as I did.

I want to try out DDO. As for WoW, it looks even more repetitive than CoH.
The only reason I stayed as long as I did in COH was because of the SG and you all. If they can build a MMO that isn't as repetitive, I'll be in too. At least for a while. Everyone needs a gay healer.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #357
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
In retrospect, I really miss the game a lot (pre-issue 5). It was fun, and even more fun playing with the FOFC group. My family enjoys spending more time with me though.
When we were just starting out and forming up, I had the most fun. We were all learning together and having many a fun night. If you jump into a new MMO, give me a shout.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #358
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillig
Good news from the developers for those still playing CoH/V:
AND now...we're changing the way Archvillains spawn. A ton of forum goers disliked adding so many AV's into missions a while back...so we've come up with a solution. If the team size and mission difficulty are ABOVE a certain level, an Archvillain spawns. Below that, players will face only an Elite Boss. If the mission is set on the first two levels of difficulty, it takes 4 heroes or more to spawn an Arch Villain. On the third level, 3 heroes or more. On the fourth level, 2 heroes. On the highest (Invincible), a solo hero will spawn an AV. Note this works in BOTH City of Heroes and Villains.

Probably in Issue 7 (i.e. Feb or so)

Hmmm...and this was one of the bigger issues that finally made me cancel my account.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:49 PM   #359
Bonegavel

For anyone still playing it... is there anything new that is fun?

Old 02-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #360
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

17 more bubbles until I get my first 50.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Old 02-25-2006, 04:31 PM   #361
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel

Wow, so you actually stuck with one character long enough to reach lvl 50?

Which character?
Old 02-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #362
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel

I just hit 49 this weekend, 7 more bubbles to go.

I missed the questions about the AV->EB change, but yes, it went through a couple of weeks ago (as I said in the WoW thread). It has made the 40's enjoyable, where I thought they were going to possibly make me play another toon before. Thus far I have been able to solo (level in paren):

Clockwork King (+1)
Nosferatu (+1)
Nemesis (+1)
Adamastor (+1)
Anti-Matter (+1)
Neuron (-1)
Madame of Mystery (-1)
Bile (-)
Dreck (-)
Requiem (+1)
Vanessa DeVore (-)
Nemesis? (+1)
Infernal (+1, with summoning altar)

Neuron and the Madame I either leveled up or put the mission difficulty down in order to solo, as they had endurance drains that absolutely killed my regen. Up until then, even the +1 elite bosses didn't give me much trouble (Adamastor, Nemesis were almost too easy). Vanessa took care of me when she was +1, but taking out Requiem (and completing Unai's arc) got me a level...that and taking a different approach - simply popping five lucks - worked wonders, as she barely even touched me. Infernal absolutely sliced through me the first time with that axe of his (it is a HUGE hitter), but loading up on two rounds of orange insps reduced the axe hits to next to nothing, and I was able to defeat him before the second batch ran out. After that, the portal was just a matter of whittling it down and taking out the occasional spawn of Demons. I think that with the right combination of inspirations my toon can probably deal with any EB, but we'll see. Even if he can't, I should have enough non-EB missions that I can get to 50 without a problem.

Issue 7 hasn't yet hit test, and from the sounds of it won't hit live until late March/early April at the earliest. From what has been previewed, it is mainly for the CoV side of things...levels 41-50, and the content and zones that come with it, along with a couple of new villain powersets. In the meantime, they've added "Pocket D", basically an interdimensional bar/club that replaces the Dance Party, and allows Heroes and Villains to mingle. It is also handy for hopping between zones (KR, FF, Talos). For Valentine's Day, they added some Pocket D missions that require heroes and villains to team. I've not done any of these though to comment on them.
Old 02-26-2006, 12:56 AM   #363
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

50!

Old 02-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #364
Bad-example
College Starter

Grats on 50!
Old 02-26-2006, 11:28 AM   #365
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gratz!!! w00t!

Now you can choose two more ATs!!! (unless they've changed it)
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 11:29 AM   #366
cuervo72
Head Coach

Hehe. Grats, Marmel. Guess those 17 bubbles came quick.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:48 AM   #367
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks guys. My Peacebringer is level 9 already.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:51 PM   #368
condors
College Starter

Just reactivated coh and bought city of villians

is there a "current" list ?

Looking to rejoin the supergroup or join a villian group if we have one

hero=Doubleneck 24 ss/inv tanker villian-tbd

(hopefully you all are still playing)
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #369
Brillig
College Prospect

I still play off and on - but I'm not part of the "group". Feel free to ask if you have any CoV questions...
Old 03-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #370
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Green Dragon, and Hangfire retired.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:19 PM   #371
Bonegavel

I've been gone for quite some time now and it doesn't seem like anything new has been added. Is it still the same old grind?
Old 03-20-2006, 04:21 PM   #372
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Funny, I was thinking about trying this out again. I really miss the groups.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 05:26 PM   #373
cuervo72
Head Coach

I haven't played nearly as much after reaching 50. I tried playing my Warshade and got him up to 9 or so, but solo (yes, I know they are best in groups) it's taxing. Around any corner could be a Void Seeker or Quantum. After having tight EB battles for oh, every other mission for 5 levels, this wasn't so hot. So I started playing lower alts, who were ok, and dug out my Emp/Psi. She's not so bad, and I *do* enjoy teaming with her (have to, really). But, I've had a lot of FOBL/FOFL/IHOF things going on the past week, so I haven't played much at all. I've found myself thinking of picking up Civ IV though, so I wonder if I'm in store for a longer lull.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:19 PM   #374
Bad-example
College Starter

I have been playing WoW but don't think I will stick with it for much longer. I might return to CoH at some point.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:31 PM   #375
Bonegavel

**sigh**

I just bought CoV tonight. It will probably be tomorrow when I get it all up and running, but I'm going to give it another shot. I can't find my original CoH CD with the key!!! Do I need to pay for it again?
Old 03-24-2006, 08:53 PM   #376
Brillig
College Prospect

No, NCSoft should still have your old account information (if you've lost it, you can probably get it back by calling support). You can then use the new CoV key to upgrade your old account, and you're set for CoH/CoV goodness.

The CoV software and CoH software are the same, btw, so you don't need the CD either.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:05 PM   #377
Bonegavel

Thanks! Yeah, adding the CoV code wasn't very straight forward but I found it. Looks like it is all downloaded and whatnot... gonna dive in and see what lies on the other side...
Old 03-24-2006, 09:45 PM   #378
Bonegavel

Nice, most of characters are still here and it looks like they've added more slots per server. The main thing I noticed so far is that each villain now dies a bit differently.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #379
Brillig
College Prospect

The extra slots are what you get for doing a combo CoH/CoV account. As for missing characters... I have a vague recollection they did a name-reclaim on low level characters a while back.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:49 PM   #380
Bonegavel

I remember them saying something like: if you quit your subscription, your characters will stay but if some acitve person tries for one of your names they will get it.

I see that now (about the slots) and that kinda sucks. I also see that you can launch either game from the same server screen.

The new salvage stuff looks promising (more to do = good).

Penolope is back playing (if anyone remembers her) and we hooked up for a bit tonight. She is a ton of fun to hang around in-game.

Well, I guess I'm back. Was hoping there would be a huge change to come back to (for the better, obviously) but it seems that a lot is the same. Oh well, nothing out there is as fun as CoH yet. Still hoping.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #381
condors
College Starter

i just made a villan ninja/ninja stalker Enblade
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:28 PM   #382
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I'm playing now! WHOOT!
sachmo71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 PM   #383
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
I'm playing now! WHOOT!

Are you really? Dang... don't tempt me!! I miss all my toons especially Hellspirit and Angel Azul in groups
Old 08-18-2007, 01:44 PM   #384
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

yup, got a level 5 scrapper named Very Tiny Dancer, and a Blaster that I just created. Fun game!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:20 PM   #385
Eilim
High School Varsity

Just picked this up myself, Have a low level scrapper on the Freedom server. Haven't been addicted to an MMO in about 5 years, but this looks like it might be the one to drag me back in. Damn my love of superheroes/comics.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 PM   #386
hoopsguy
General Manager

Once upon a time I played the bejeezus out of this game. My one and only entry into the MMO arena - I just don't have the right personality type to balance my time in these games relative to other aspects of my life.

Hope that those of you checking this out for the first time find this to be an entertaining ride. Particularly those of you who go with the Tank builds.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:29 AM   #387
Bonegavel

I just canceled my sub. I had the second highest level of veteran's rewards and I never even got to see them. With nobody around, I logged in like once a month, tooled around for a few minutes, and then logged out.

I miss the old group but this game is boring as hell without friends.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:46 AM   #388
Eilim
High School Varsity

I know the feeling. I had a 7 year ride on the original EQ (started in the beta) and just eventually got burnt out. The last few months of playing it had just become a 3D chat room for me. I've popped into a few games since.. DAoC, EQ2, Guild Wars, but none of them ever really stuck. All were too similar to EQ for me.

With my recent resurgence into Superhero RPGs, both computer and tabletop I finally figured I'd give this is a try and only regret not trying it sooner. MMORPG grinds are not a big deal to me, having been a "hardcore" player in the early years of EQ I've sort of grown immune to it as long as the environment captures my imagination.

Now if I can just drag my sister and brother in law into playing (They're *still* playing the original EQ) along with a few old guildmates, I know I'll have a great time. Might even have to set a channel aside on my teamspeak server for it.

If theres anyone still around and playing from FOFC let me know what server. Only had the game for a day and already have two level 10s and still not quite happy with my build decisions so wouldn't mind moving/restarting to join up with others.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 AM   #389
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

I have all of my characters on Virtue, but I'll create one on Freedom and hook up wiht you. Perhaps I'll recreate The King of Mardi Gras over there. Man I love him.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:50 AM   #390
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

One other observation...when I logged on as my first character, about an hour after popping into Galaxy City, and alien attack took place. I found myself tangling with a bunch of Ritki or whatever they are called. I got pissed because I was way outclass and died, but realized that you don't lose XP during the attacks.

So i came out of the hospital and saw the bombs falling. I panned the camera up, and saw these huge spacships lumbering across the sky, bombing the crap out of everything. I hopped up on a bridge and watched the attack, then jumped down and helped out when a group of aliens appeared below. It was a ton of fun.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:59 AM   #391
cuervo72
Head Coach

Ahh, the return of the CoH thread!

I played a lot yesterday myself, did some Elite Boss hunting with my tank yesterday (Neuron, Battle Maiden, Black Swan, Malaise, Mother Mayhem, Infernal, Diabolique, Dominatrix, Marauder). Even stumbled into a Rikti attack in there, but the server went down while I was attacking my second bomb - grrrr.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:04 AM   #392
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachmo71 View Post
One other observation...when I logged on as my first character, about an hour after popping into Galaxy City, and alien attack took place. I found myself tangling with a bunch of Ritki or whatever they are called. I got pissed because I was way outclass and died, but realized that you don't lose XP during the attacks.

So i came out of the hospital and saw the bombs falling. I panned the camera up, and saw these huge spacships lumbering across the sky, bombing the crap out of everything. I hopped up on a bridge and watched the attack, then jumped down and helped out when a group of aliens appeared below. It was a ton of fun.

If I remember correctly, you don't lose any XP in the first 5 levels. After that, you better watch your arse.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #393
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Ahh, the return of the CoH thread!

I played a lot yesterday myself, did some Elite Boss hunting with my tank yesterday (Neuron, Battle Maiden, Black Swan, Malaise, Mother Mayhem, Infernal, Diabolique, Dominatrix, Marauder). Even stumbled into a Rikti attack in there, but the server went down while I was attacking my second bomb - grrrr.

I was at Lady Liberty when there was an attack...the lag was incredible. I'd hit the button to attack something and find out the result 15 seconds later. After one 15 second interval, i found out i was dead.

So you're still on Victory, cuervo?
Old 08-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #394
cuervo72
Head Coach

Actually no - my main characters are on Virtue.

(I got pulled into the game by FOxL folks rather than the bunch here at FOFC)
Old 08-20-2007, 11:28 AM   #395
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Actually no - my main characters are on Virtue.

(I got pulled into the game by FOxL folks rather than the bunch here at FOFC)

cool, mine are on virtue! if you are on, give my lowbies a shoutout.

very tiny dancer
anchors aweigh
The king of mardi gras
maxwell justice
sydney love

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #396
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Here's Anchors Aweigh...my blaster.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #397
cuervo72
Head Coach

Very cool sachmo.

This was my latest outing:

Old 08-23-2007, 09:06 PM   #398
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Who runs the FOFC supergroup? I'd like to add one of my toons in!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #399
cuervo72
Head Coach

The FOFC one I'm not sure. FOBL has one, but that's basically just Thomkal, me, and a bunch of our alts.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:36 PM   #400
sachmo71
The boy who cried Trout

Meet The King of Mardi Gras!