Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #351
General Mike
Pro Starter

I finally picked up College Hoops 2k5 and NHL 2k5 the other day. Good stuff.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:09 PM   #352
Radii
Head Coach

I just finished my 2nd season with Campbell... 3-24 my first season, I improved to 8-17, all wins in conference play. I'll have my best season yet in season 3, BUT, I have 6 scholarships players graduating this year and a tight crap-school budget to replace them with, so next year's team will probably go winless and I'll get fired.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:10 PM   #353
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii
I just finished my 2nd season with Campbell... 3-24 my first season, I improved to 8-17, all wins in conference play. I'll have my best season yet in season 3, BUT, I have 6 scholarships players graduating this year and a tight crap-school budget to replace them with, so next year's team will probably go winless and I'll get fired.

Are you playing, simming or coaching?
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:44 PM   #354
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
Are you playing, simming or coaching?

Playing about half of my games... simming any game that I know i'm toast in, and playing about 3/4 of my conference games. If I get behind by 20 in the first half or what I feel to be insurmountable in the 2nd I auto-sim to the finish.

Playing on the hardest level with some guy's sliders that were referred to here, with changes made to the fatigue so there are occasional substitutions, and playing 17 minutes instead of 15.

I generally lose to teams rated 5 or more points better than me overall, and go about 50/50 vs everyone else.

I've never actually played a game against a team rated the same or worse than me(campbell starts out pretty rough).
Old 02-07-2005, 09:46 PM   #355
henry296
College Starter

Does anyone know if the game calculates the RPI correctly? In my season, Tennessee Tech is #3 in the RPI at 19-3 with many Majors with 3 or 4 losses. Penn is #15 with a 15-6 record. This is the 2004-5 season.
Old 02-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #356
MrIllini
High School Varsity

FYI-

for those getting the 'CPU recruiting' freeze when simulating

I got the same freeze, and used the suggestions from OS about saving new/deleting user profiles and settings from a new legacy then reloading old legacy to get the freeze to go away

I'm two seasons past that freeze now with no issues
Old 02-10-2005, 06:54 AM   #357
bob
College Starter

Can you be a little more specific about the exact steps to fix the recruiting freeze (or provide a link)?

Thanks....
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #358
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Despite the bugs, I'm still into this game. I was able to get a good recruiting class my first season and it's been all uphill from there for NCST. I got a kid from Germany who reminds me of Luther Head. His senior year he was the ACC Player of the year, and my first all-american. It's really fun to be able to recruit the high school all americans, and then see them play at the end of the year in the high school game. Now I'm just waiting for Illinois to give me an offer, *crosses fingers*
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:16 AM   #359
MrIllini
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
Can you be a little more specific about the exact steps to fix the recruiting freeze (or provide a link)?

Thanks....

hxxp://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58313&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=30f90ed6c66df68815815466e137f3ab

hxxp://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60785&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=save+load+legacy+settings&sid=30f90ed6c66df68815815466e137f3ab

try either of those Bob
Old 02-16-2005, 01:07 AM   #360
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I can do highlight reels now, and I can do them pretty quickly, too. The only problem is that the files are so big. Hosting isn't an issue, and neither is bandwidth for me, but I can't imagine people spending the time to download 1-2 meg AVI files or waiting for 2 meg GIF files to download. Perhaps I should stick with screenshots for now. I'm going to continue to fiddle with compression settings (possibly lowering color depth and resolution some more), but I don't know how far I can realistically take this.

At least I'll have the highlight reels on my own computer for viewing.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:50 AM   #361
Radii
Head Coach

I would think that for most of us a 2 meg AVI is nothing. High speed people!!

Oh, and in my 3rd season Campbell is 7-4 so far and leading the Atlantic Sun. My best player and a bunch of reserves are graduating so I am really hoping I can win my conference tourney this year.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #362
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I can do highlight reels now, and I can do them pretty quickly, too. The only problem is that the files are so big. Hosting isn't an issue, and neither is bandwidth for me, but I can't imagine people spending the time to download 1-2 meg AVI files or waiting for 2 meg GIF files to download. Perhaps I should stick with screenshots for now. I'm going to continue to fiddle with compression settings (possibly lowering color depth and resolution some more), but I don't know how far I can realistically take this.

At least I'll have the highlight reels on my own computer for viewing.

I would love to see these highlights. Would make for a really interesting dynasty thread.

Show us the goods!

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:31 PM   #363
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

We (Evansville) were undefeated going into the NCAA Tournament in my fourth season. I managed to get a 1 seed and spanked my first round opponent (Oral Roberts) 82-29.

The second round game was against 9 seed Stanford. Despite having a 93 overall rating, they were only 20-10 before they played me. I was down 54-56 with 9:34 to go in the game, but I let it slip away from me, and ended up losing 73-88. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

I'm five games into my fifth season with four wins (including #3 Syracuse) and a tough loss at Kentucky.

Last edited by Ryno : 09-03-2005 at 11:36 PM. Reason: links removed
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 07:38 PM   #364
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

As a test, below are some quick highlights from the first half of my conference showdown with North Texas. My Privateers were getting blown out 39-23 at the half, and things didn't really improve later.

UNO gets off to a good start with a three-pointer from starting PG Todd Bostic

UNO's best player, sophomore SG Bo McCalebb, shows us why he's got a shot at All-Conference as he darts through the Mean Green defense and lays in a beautiful circus shot

The game starts to fall apart as the North Texas forward slams one home to put the Mean Green on a 10-2 run

The run extends to 24-5 with this three pointer

McCalebb tries to get UNO back into the game all by himself with another crazy lay-in

Little-used UNO reserve Jacob Manning scores the most amusing play of the half with a jam that flattens both an opponent and a teammate (talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time)

I intend to be more selective with the highlights (6 per half is probably a tad much), but I just wanted to show off a little of what I've grabbed so far.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #365
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As a test, below are some quick highlights from the first half of my conference showdown with North Texas. My Privateers were getting blown out 39-23 at the half, and things didn't really improve later.

UNO gets off to a good start with a three-pointer from starting PG Todd Bostic

UNO's best player, sophomore SG Bo McCalebb, shows us why he's got a shot at All-Conference as he darts through the Mean Green defense and lays in a beautiful circus shot

The game starts to fall apart as the North Texas forward slams one home to put the Mean Green on a 10-2 run

The run extends to 24-5 with this three pointer

McCalebb tries to get UNO back into the game all by himself with another crazy lay-in

Little-used UNO reserve Jacob Manning scores the most amusing play of the half with a jam that flattens both an opponent and a teammate (talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time)

I intend to be more selective with the highlights (6 per half is probably a tad much), but I just wanted to show off a little of what I've grabbed so far.

I get a codec error? Weird.

Todd
Old 02-16-2005, 07:57 PM   #366
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Ehm, Google "defilerpak" and install that, maybe. I'm using the DivX 5.2.1 codec to compress, I think.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #367
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Ever since I installed Mediaplayer 10, I can't play a whole lot.

Todd
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #368
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I don't know how the Defiler Pak coincides with Media Player 10, but it hasn't failed me yet.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #369
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ehm, Google "defilerpak" and install that, maybe. I'm using the DivX 5.2.1 codec to compress, I think.

You the man!

Thanks Pumpy, the videos look great!!

Todd
Old 02-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #370
Radii
Head Coach

Awesome!
Old 02-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #371
henry296
College Starter

I just had some strange tournament selections.

I was playing as Penn and finished 13-1 in the Ivy league and got a #8 seed. Brown also made the tourney from the Ivy. However they finished 5th in the league at 5-9 and 12-14 overall, with a RPI of 200. I think they gave me an At-large bid and then picked Brown automatically but the alpha bug picked.

Anyone else see this?

Todd
Old 02-17-2005, 05:54 PM   #372
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I was thinking about the conference champions bug. This is just a theory but I've noticed that any of the teams that win the conference title every year because of the alphabetical bug never show up on the job lists. Has anyone noticed this too? What I'm thinking is that the since the game treats these the regular season conference champions maybe the coaches are immune to being fired? If anyone can prove this wrong I'd be thrilled because then it would mean I would have a chance to coach Illinois. If it is just one of the many bugs in this game...
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:10 PM   #373
Radii
Head Coach

I just had a back and forth game as Campbell against Florida Atlantic, they played a good man to man defense and my normal post game was just not working at all, my star PG had to take the game over himself. He finished with 38 points and 8 assists in a 78-72 win, the highlight being a 3 pointer as time expired in regulation to tie the game at 69 all and send it into overtime. I won easily in OT. I know there are bugs, but playing more casually I don't notice them as fast I guess.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:03 PM   #374
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'm a moron. I finally bought the Action Replay tool to use for the real rosters. I was all excited, opened the box, and was confused. I didn't see how the thing in the box was compatible with a PC/Xbox.

It was the Gamecube, or some other Game something, Action Replay. Went to the store, and they don't have the Xbox one. In other words, I took 20 bucks and threw it in the trash. Sweet.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:45 AM   #375
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrIllini
hxxp://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58313&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=30f90ed6c66df68815815466e137f3ab

hxxp://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60785&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=save+load+legacy+settings&sid=30f90ed6c66df68815815466e137f3ab

try either of those Bob

Unfortunately, all this did was make the game freeze during simulation of the Utah / UNLV game one day earlier than the previous freeze during recruiting.

At least Utah always won.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 06:55 AM   #376
wade moore
lolzcat

Pumpy:

Videos are awesome.. I'm quite jealous of the fact that you have the technology to do this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:58 AM   #377
Radii
Head Coach

So going into this season I knew I better win since I had my two best players graduating. And I did win, went 17-9, though i lost in an upset in the first round of the Atlantic Sun tourney.

my contract was extended for four years and I got my first job offers, though all of them for teams in the few conferences that are even worse than the A-Sun, so I turned them down.

Now, my problems begin.

Last season I had 6 seniors graduating(though only 3 of any consequence). I recruited 3 decent 3 star guys, one of them looks like he could be an offensive powerhouse, definitely a star at this level. I didn't land anyone else. So I still have 3 spots open going into this year. I look this season, and I have FIVE more scholarship players graduating. 3 starters. So now, on Campbell's crappy ass budget, I have 8 spots to try and fill.

I know I'm going to redshirt all 3 of my freshmen this year since none of them would see much playing time and all desparately need to improve, and hope that I can go .500 again w/o my two stars from last season. But i have no idea how to try to recruit to salvage this situation. My first instinct is to just go after 3 or 4 solid 3 star players again and just accept that I'm going to leave a lot of holes open again for next year. I just can't see myself stooping down to the 2 star guys who are rated with a D in every category except for one where that's a C or something horrid like that.

WHEE
Old 02-22-2005, 11:46 AM   #378
wade moore
lolzcat

Radii,

I'm doing an open dynasty but with William and Mary (who is about equal to Campbell).. and it seems like I can get walk-ons that are as good as 1 and 2 stars, so I totally don't bother with recruiting them..

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 02-22-2005, 01:24 PM   #379
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
Radii,

I'm doing an open dynasty but with William and Mary (who is about equal to Campbell).. and it seems like I can get walk-ons that are as good as 1 and 2 stars, so I totally don't bother with recruiting them..

Yeah that's what I figured. I think I have all my eggs in one basket, my freshman who is already rated above 70 in all of the shooting categories I believe. With a redshirt year this year hopefully he can be a star for me for 4 seasons. If i can get a rebounder and a spot shooter for 3s at this level that's probably all I need.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:43 PM   #380
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I intend to play at least one game tonight. Highlights will follow, of course. My team's record is absolutely pitiful, so don't be surprised if my Privateers lose. We shall see in a few hours.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:23 PM   #381
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
I just had some strange tournament selections.

I was playing as Penn and finished 13-1 in the Ivy league and got a #8 seed. Brown also made the tourney from the Ivy. However they finished 5th in the league at 5-9 and 12-14 overall, with a RPI of 200. I think they gave me an At-large bid and then picked Brown automatically but the alpha bug picked.

Anyone else see this?

Todd

Maybe this is an Ivy League only bug, since they don't have a conference tournament?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:51 PM   #382
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Well, my net connection is pretty wonky tonight, so I'll upload the videos tomorrow night. I beat the mighty Denver Pioneers! Woohoo!
Old 02-23-2005, 06:18 AM   #383
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm beggining to be a bit concerned..

I'm playing on MOP with William and Mary.. .I have about the talent that you would expect.. my highest guys are 79, 78, and 75... but I'm crushing people.. including UNC.. my next game is against #5 FLA.. If I crush them also I'm going to start to wonder about my long-term interest in the game... although I lose all of my starters this year, and the backups are rough.. and recruiting looks bad this year (made too much of a push on a 5 star guy who i doubt will go with me)...

Anyway.. I'm getting concerned about the 'challenge'.. anyone else have that problem?

Quote:
Old 02-28-2005, 01:38 PM   #384
fflix
Mascot

has anyone had this happen to them? i read somewhere that if you don't save on a gameday, your recruiting list won't get lost. so i played a game, saved it on the day after, and turned off the xbox. after coming back to the game and loading the legacy, the recruiting list was intact and i did my recruiting for the week. Before simulating to the next game i saved again. When I try to play my next game, the game freezes during the cpu recruiting/simulation that occurs when you simulate to the next game. I've tried simulating to different days and it always freezes at the same point. Is my legacy out of luck?
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:55 PM   #385
fflix
Mascot

here is a potential fix that i found in case anyone else is having the same problem i am experiencing. i've read that it doesn't work for some people, but i won't get to try it out until tonight.
this is pretty disappointing because this was my favorite basketball game this year and i am pretty sure the next iteration won't be any better because college hoops 2k4 was basically bug free for me, while 2k5 has been a house of horrors.
do you ever get back the scholarships offered to recruits who eventually decide on other schools? if not !@#$. Do people only offer when they are the recruit's first choice?
If my legacy is !@$*-ed I'll probably retry with one more legacy, now that I am more aware of bugs and ways to get around them. If that goes poorly, guess there is always WoW and ncaa football.

"I play on XBox here is a possible fix to the "CPU Recruiting..." freeze.

It would freeze every time on Nov 23 of year 2. I went to the coaching profiles and turned my recruiting from assist to manual then went to the daily view and simmed every game from the game before Nov 23 to my next game on Nov 26 individually. It got through with no problems (just took a long time). It didn't work when going to the daily view and simming to my next game (i.e. over multiple games or multiple days using daily view)."
Old 03-11-2005, 12:28 PM   #386
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Bump...does anyone know of a fairly thorough source for recruiting information? I'm talking the basics, like using up points and deadline dates for certain activities, but also tips, such as when to offer scholarships, if you get them back if the recruit picks a different school, what are the most important things to look for in recruits, etc. I'm having fun with my Legacy (yes, I'm a little slow, had this game since Christmas but never got a chance to play until recently), but I feel like I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to recruiting.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!
Old 03-11-2005, 02:34 PM   #387
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Operation Sports forum might have some info
http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...splay.php?f=47

I started a sim-only dynasty earlier this week and have been doing a lot of recruiting the last few days. I'm not the best in the world, but I do OK.

I'm just starting my 9th season, and can give you some tips as I go.

Tip #1 is that recruiting starts with scheduling. If you're going to have more than a couple of scholarships open up, avoid scheduling games until late November if at all possible.

More to follow
Old 03-11-2005, 02:58 PM   #388
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Thanks, Ryno! I look forward to your continuing tips. I'm also going to check the OS forum.

Oh, and congrats on the Hall of Fame. Sorry you had to wait.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:26 PM   #389
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Some of this may be obvious, but I don't know what you're looking for, so I'll give you whatever I can. I've never coached above a Mid-Major, so this may not apply to larger schools.

Evaluate your needs. When I'm just starting out at a school, I usually go after the best players available regardless of position. When I'm more established I try to maintain at least one underclassman at each postition. Recruiting points are valuable at small schools, so I try not to waste any on players that don't need.

Figure out which asset is most important to you. I like defense myself, but there isn't an explicit rating for that. I'm reasonably certain that Hustle has a major part, but I'm not really sure what else affects it. When I started, I decided that I would accept no less than a B- in Hustle from any player regardless of other ratings. Some like shooting, some like rebounding, just pick your own theme and stick with it. You could also go for specialists (good rebounding bigs, good shooting SG, and quick/smart PG) that may be lacking in other areas.

I look at Mun and Loc recruits first. It obviously helps to be in a good location. Houston was pretty good to me at Texas Southern and San Diego is great at USD.

At Mid-Major schools, I look at 5* and 4* on the first day. At Small schools I ignore 5* (even if you he values being local, you're very unlikely to get him early on) and go for 4* and some 3* that fit my scheme. The green interest bar is usually pretty useful. If it's not at least 1/3 full, I usually don't bother with him at first. If there aren't enough reasonable options locally, I expand to Regional. When I'm at a small school, I ignore National and World until later in the season if at all.

On the first day, I Phone and Request game tape from all of the recruits that look promising. This is where good assistants come in handy. When I choose my assistants, one has the best Scout available the other has the best Recruit available. For my own coaching abilities, I put more points on recruiting than any other, followed by coaching then scouting.

Day 2 - ? to follow
Old 03-11-2005, 03:36 PM   #390
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Another thing on the first day is that I filter by Distance then sort by Rating. Then just go down the list choosing 8-10 players to spend points on. You'll probably have to choose less at a smaller school, because you want to leave some points available to schedule visits and scouting trips later in the week.

Last edited by Ryno : 03-11-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #391
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

On day 2 I go through my contacted list and see who's interested. I usually filter by Interest and look at the Medium interest first. If they have medium or better interest and I'm in their top 5, they get first priority of visits. If their green bar is half full or better, but I'm not in their top 5, I'll usually just scout them instead of visit. I try to visit at least one player in each of my need positions. You're limited to 5 visits/scouts in the first week. If you don't have enough reasonable options to visit, you might want to do some more Phone/Request tapes and check them out the next day.

After I have my visits set up, I spend as many emails as possible - first on those that I'm visiting then spread them around on some of the other players. I'm not sure what effect, if any, emails have on players that you spend other points on, but I don't like taking chances.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:44 PM   #392
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Week 2 - Monday
Look through the visited recruits and see which ones have Primary concerns that match your strengths. These are targets for follow up visits and scholarships on day 2. If I'm a small school and they're looking for a big one, I usually don't spend more than a phone call on them (at least in the first few weeks). Schedule as many visits on the first day as possible. If you have recruits that aren't compatible, you can look back at the list of recruits you didn't visit the first week. If there still aren't enough reasonable targets, go back and Phone/Request Tape some of the recruits you may have missed during the first week.

Week 2 - Tuesday - Scholarship Day
This is the first day that you can offer scholarships. I give them out as soon as I can. If their interests are compatible to my strengths and scouting has revealed good things, I give the 'ship out immediately. If I need more scouting before I give it out, I wait until after their visit. I rarely go past the second week without having all of my scholarships offered. The worst that can happen is that someone higher on their list offers as well, in which case you may or may not revoke it and give it to someone else.

I try to balance my offers according to my needs. If I need a PG and a SG, I'm going to give one to the best PG choice and one to the best SG choice, not both to the two best PGs. This is just a personal preference of mine. Players seem to play just fine out of position, so this is an optional rule.

You get up to six visits in week 2.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #393
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm going to stop here and will probably finish tomorrow.

To answer some of your specific questions:

I'm not sure what to say on spending points. You want to spend as many points as possible on each recruit, so the lower on the food chain you go, the more selective you have to be. It would be neat to have some sort of budget table available, but I've never took the time to make one.

If another team signs a player you had offered a scholarship to, that scholarship becomes available to use on another player immediately.

The deadlines are as follows:

In-season recruiting goes from the first day until the end of week 18
The early signing period is week 6
The dead period is between weeks 19 and 24
The late signing period is between weeks 25 and 29
Old 03-11-2005, 05:18 PM   #394
fflix
Mascot

has anyone ever had the bug occur where you offered a scholarship, the player signed elsewhere, but you don't get the scholoraship back? is that scholarship lost until next season, or will i somehow get it back later, maybe during the late signing period?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #395
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

I was going to do a detailed logging of week 3 until the end, but there are just too many variables to keep track of.

Further hints and dates:

Potential is very important. Personally, I revoke scholarship offers to any recruit less than Good (unless I'm at a small school).

If your school matches the recruit's criteria, don't be afraid to stick with him when a larger school offers a scholarship. Of course the fewer scholarships I have the more likely I am to move on.

Other schools start offering scholarships on Wed. or Thurs. of week 2.

If a player decides to leave early for the draft, you won't be notified until the late period begins.

Like I said before, location is very important. At the end of my ninth season, I took the St John's job. The next year, I pulled in four All-Americans and none of them were outside of my region.

Hopefully this has answered at least some of your questions.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:01 PM   #396
JasonC23
High School Varsity

Ryno, this is all great information. Thanks so much for taking the time to type it all out! Great stuff.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:40 AM   #397
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

An interesting bug appeared last night. Three of the four All-Americans from my first recruiting class at St. John's left early. I wasn't happy, but that's reasonably realistic. The problem was that I didn't get any extra scholarships to replace them. I had even recruited extra players knowing that one or more of them would go.

I really hope that there's a CH2K6 and they get rid of all of the bugs, but until then it's back to FBCB for me.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:29 PM   #398
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno
An interesting bug appeared last night. Three of the four All-Americans from my first recruiting class at St. John's left early. I wasn't happy, but that's reasonably realistic. The problem was that I didn't get any extra scholarships to replace them. I had even recruited extra players knowing that one or more of them would go.

I really hope that there's a CH2K6 and they get rid of all of the bugs, but until then it's back to FBCB for me.

That seems to be the status quo from Sega reguarding their sports games as of late. It's too bad, because the gameplay has been quite fun with their games this year.

Todd
Old 03-23-2005, 02:51 PM   #399
JasonC23
High School Varsity

I'm bumping this thread because I'm hoping someone can comment on a couple of questions I've come up with while playing. I checked over at Operation Sports and didn't see anything on these specific topics...

Background: I'm in the regular season (my first season), so it's just recruiting, not signing time. I've offered my 2 available scholarships to a SF and a PG. Both have me second on their list of top 5 schools (one has KU first; the other, ND). My questions are...

1. Do I have any shot to sign either of them if I'm not the #1 team on their lists by the time I reach the off-season signing period? I plan on continuing to call/e-mail them for the rest of the season, but if I never move up to #1 (and it's going to be tough), do I have a chance?

2. The PG is a Juco SO...if he signs with me, can I redshirt him? I currently have 2 PGs (a SO and a JR), and I see no reason to sign a Juco SO if he's just going to come in as a JR and graduate when my current SO PG does.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide! This game really is great, despite the bugs.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:11 PM   #400
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23
1. Do I have any shot to sign either of them if I'm not the #1 team on their lists by the time I reach the off-season signing period? I plan on continuing to call/e-mail them for the rest of the season, but if I never move up to #1 (and it's going to be tough), do I have a chance?
Absolutely -- I have about a 50-60% success rate with guys like that -- just make sure to develop secondary targets in case either doesn't sign. I'd be very surprised if you didn't get at least 1 of them. Also, hammer them as much as possible (usually a home visit and phone call) that first signing week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC23
2. The PG is a Juco SO...if he signs with me, can I redshirt him? I currently have 2 PGs (a SO and a JR), and I see no reason to sign a Juco SO if he's just going to come in as a JR and graduate when my current SO PG does.
You can usually redshirt JUCO's no problem -- I think sometimes JUCO Frosh come in with the redshirt expended, but I can't recall if that's in this game or some other.

Last edited by dacman : 03-23-2005 at 03:14 PM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote