Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2003, 06:07 AM   #351
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Training Advice Needed for Heavyweights

Jace Hunter - has 2 training options for his upcoming fight - Strength or KO. I have developed a fight plan where Hunter wins. Unfortunately, It doesn't happen everytime and it assumes I have a good grasp on your opponents stats. Hathcock isn't a good match up for you. He has just enough strength to hurt you, he is just active enough to outpoint you and stay away from your strength, and he has better conditioning which causes you to tire chasing him around. The Strength / KO option is all that seems to give you a shot in this fight and it doesn't seem to matter which you use. Currently your strength is 13 and KO ability is 3.

Blade / Cherries / Joe Joe - You guys can choose to train any skill. It doesn't seem to affect your fights this time around. I'll let you decide if you want to address a weakness or futher improve a current strength.

Blade:

Strength 14
Knockout Punch 3

Speed 10
Agility 10

Chin 9
Conditioning 13

Cherries

Strength 13
Knockout Punch 2

Speed 10
Agility 10

Chin 10
Conditioning 13

Joe Joe (Saint you still out there - haven't heard from you in a while).

Strength 14
Knockout Punch 4

Speed 8
Agility 5

Chin 10
Conditioning 12
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 06:32 AM   #352
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

By the way. If you any of you want to get information on your weightclass, former opponents, your skills, etc. - simply request it and I'll post it during slow times.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:44 AM   #353
Blade
College Prospect

I would like to work on my chin, as I think that is a weakness...

Would you agree, Breeze?

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 08:49 AM   #354
Travis
Pro Rookie

I'll train strength, though I'd be interested for a 'complete' run down on how my guys doing so far when you have the time.

Thanks.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:50 AM   #355
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Blade,

I had you set up to train chin had you not responded. Now if you'll follow me I have a stockade waiting for you.

"Hey Mac, grab that baseball bat again."

Last edited by Breeze : 08-01-2003 at 08:51 AM.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:53 AM   #356
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Travis,

Jace Hunter stats are as follows:

Strength 13
Knockout Punch 3

Speed 12
Agility 7

Chin 10
Conditioning 12
Old 08-01-2003, 09:46 AM   #357
Travis
Pro Rookie

Cool, thanks, hopefully a bit more strength and I won't need so many punches to land him on his back.........wait, that sounded a bit wrong.......
Old 08-01-2003, 12:17 PM   #358
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonut's Sparring Update

I have been extremely pleased with the sparring results for 3 of our 4 heavyweights. Cherries, O'Kelly and Blade have looked very good so far. Sparring results are certainly not enough to guarantee victory, but I think if we execute our plan...we'll win.

Jace Hunter is another story. Results in his sparring have been mixed. I have improved on our fight plan from earlier in the week...so we've been a little more successful, but there are so many variables that I don't have a ton of confidence in this one. One thing that's positive,..if Blade is going to lose, at least he get's to go down with both barrells firing.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:45 PM   #359
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

At some point in the future..if you guys or other readers are interested I can set up a tournament...where each board member interested can create a fighter and they could be entered into single elimination bracket.

Might be fun to do based on the level of interest. The fight plans wouldn't be as detailed, and the points used to create the fighter would probably be higher to allowing for more differences in fighter abilities.

I figure, since each figher on the board will be pitted against another board member...we could have trash talking, rooting and more reader participation (not that the participation in this dynasty has been lacking...in fact it's been great). The tourny's would run periodically, but only last a few weeks, with fights filling in the slow days.

I don't want to take away from this dynasty, so I'm throwing it out for discussion. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Breeze : 08-01-2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:20 PM   #360
Blade
College Prospect

I am in...would love to talk some trash!

Old 08-01-2003, 08:39 PM   #361
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Breeze
At some point in the future..if you guys or other readers are interested I can set up a tournament...where each board member interested can create a fighter and they could be entered into single elimination bracket.

Might be fun to do based on the level of interest. The fight plans wouldn't be as detailed, and the points used to create the fighter would probably be higher to allowing for more differences in fighter abilities.

I figure, since each figher on the board will be pitted against another board member...we could have trash talking, rooting and more reader participation (not that the participation in this dynasty has been lacking...in fact it's been great). The tourny's would run periodically, but only last a few weeks, with fights filling in the slow days.

I don't want to take away from this dynasty, so I'm throwing it out for discussion. Let me know what you think.

Are there any boxing tourneys we can create against other gyms? You know, some sort of grudge match against the baddies?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 05:26 AM   #362
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

SI,

Sorry, I can't challenge other gyms.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:27 AM   #363
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Hunter/ Hathcock II

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 244 pounds (111 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Jace Hunter!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 5 inches (196 centimeters) tall weighing in at 213 pounds (97 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 2 losses fighting for Sweet Lou`s Sweat Shop out of Suffolk, Virginia is GySgt. Hathcock!!

This bout is scheduled for 12 rounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROUND 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hunter is backpedaling. (using the ring)
Hathcock dances around the ring. (using the ring)

According to the Commentators:

Jace Hunter landed 13 of 36 punches -- 4 power punches, 5 jabs, 4 rights. (38 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 17 of 52 punches -- 5 power punches, 7 jabs, 5 rights. (49 points)

GySgt. Hathcock won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 10-9.

Hunter doesn't need to rest. He has bleeding below his left eye.

Hathcock doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Hunter is backpedaling. (using the ring)
Hathcock dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Jace Hunter landed 13 of 36 punches -- 4 power punches, 5 jabs, 4 rights. (38 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 20 of 51 punches -- 6 power punches, 8 jabs, 6 rights. (58 points)

GySgt. Hathcock won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 20-18.

Hunter doesn't need to rest. He has bleeding below his left eye.

ROUND 3

Hunter goes for a clinch as soon as the bell rings! (clinching)
Hathcock goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Jace Hunter landed 9 of 30 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (32 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 10 of 36 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (37 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 30-27.

Hunter remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding below his left eye.

ROUND 4

Hunter goes for a clinch as soon as the bell rings! (clinching)
Hathcock feints and fakes. (feinting)

Jace Hunter landed 7 of 26 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 13 of 46 punches -- 6 power punches, 1 jab, 6 rights. (44 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 40-36.

Hunter remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding below his left eye.

Hathcock remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Hunter goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Hathcock goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Jace Hunter landed 13 of 45 punches -- 5 power punches, 3 jabs, 5 rights. (41 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 20 of 54 punches -- 7 power punches, 6 jabs, 7 rights. (61 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 50-45.

Hunter grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has bleeding below his left eye.

Hathcock remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 6

Hunter is clinching a lot. (clinching)
Hathcock traps his opponent against the ropes. (ropes)

Hunter pounds Hathcock with a strong hook to the stomach!! The crowd roars!!

Jace Hunter landed 8 of 23 punches -- 8 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (32 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 18 of 75 punches -- 6 power punches, 6 jabs, 6 rights. (54 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 60-54.

Hunter is obviously tired. He has bleeding below his left eye.

Hathcock grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

Hunter is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Jace Hunter landed 7 of 25 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (28 points)
GySgt. Hathcock landed 15 of 54 punches -- 5 power punches, 5 jabs, 5 rights. (45 points)

GySgt. Hathcock is winning the fight 70-63.

Hunter is obviously tired. He has bleeding below his left eye.

Hathcock grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 8

Hunter goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Hathcock is a raging bull! (all out)

Hathcock wallops Hunter with a big uppercut to the stomach!! The crowd is on its feet!! Hunter grimaces in pain.

Hunter jars Hathcock with a big uppercut to the head!! The crowd is on its feet!! Hathcock staggers into the ropes!!

Hunter throws an uppercut to the head. Hathcock seems dazed. He's out on his feet!!

Hathcock jars Hunter with a low blow! The referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Hunter lands a brutal right straight and Hathcock falls to the canvas!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Jace Hunter wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:05
Old 08-04-2003, 05:32 AM   #364
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview with Joe Bagadonuts

Sugar, "No one was giving Hunter a chance in this one, yet he pulled it off. We're experts selling Hunter short?"

Joe "I think so. Hunter is a tough, hard puncher. I'll admit Hathcock is a tough match up for us, but this win shows that if we plan well we can beat pretty much anybody."

Atlas,"What did you do differently in this fight?"

Joe "We felt their was no reason to stretch it out. Hathcock was probably better conditioned than we were. So we guarded against the early barrage, then significantly uped our power punching."

Merchant "In the 8th Hathcock seemed to drop his defense looking for the KO."

Joe, "He did appear to get impatient. I guess he figured we were sucking win and would be an easy target. Luckily Hunter had enough in the tank to take advantage of Hathcock's mistake."
Old 08-04-2003, 05:33 AM   #365
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 2 inches (188 centimeters) tall weighing in at 224 pounds (102 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Les "their" Cherries!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 7 inches (201 centimeters) tall weighing in at 214 pounds (97 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 1 draw, and 0 losses fighting for Ozark Mountains out of Poplar Bluff, Missouri is Billy Bob Bunyon!!

ROUND 1

their goes toe-to-toe. (inside)
Bunyon fights from outside. (outside)

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 43 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 26 of 45 punches -- 6 power punches, 14 jabs, 6 rights. (70 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 10-9.

their doesn't need to rest.

Bunyon doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Bunyon fights from outside. (outside)

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 35 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 26 of 45 punches -- 6 power punches, 14 jabs, 6 rights. (70 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 20-18.

ROUND 3

Bunyon backpedals. (outside)

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 36 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 19 of 36 punches -- 5 power punches, 9 jabs, 5 rights. (53 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 30-27.

ROUND 4

Les "their" Cherries landed 7 of 38 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 17 of 35 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 40-36.

ROUND 5

Les "their" Cherries landed 8 of 35 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (30 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 17 of 39 punches -- 4 power punches, 9 jabs, 4 rights. (46 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 50-45.

ROUND 6

their is clinching a lot. (clinching)
Bunyon is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Les "their" Cherries landed 3 of 22 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 7 of 28 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (26 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 60-54.

ROUND 7

Les "their" Cherries landed 5 of 29 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (20 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 9 of 30 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 70-63.

their remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Bunyon remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 8

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 30 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (24 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 9 of 27 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (33 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 80-72.

ROUND 9

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 39 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (21 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 4 of 18 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 89-82.

ROUND 10

Les "their" Cherries landed 5 of 41 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (19 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 6 of 22 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (23 points)

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 99-91.

ROUND 11

their throws everything he's got! (all out)

Bunyon jars their with a powerful uppercut to the jaw!! The crowd roars!! their grimaces in pain.

their punches Bunyon with a hook to the temple. Bunyon stumbles, but remains on his feet! He looks hurt!!

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 28 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (24 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 3 of 15 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (12 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-9 by stunning Bunyon.

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 108-101.

their remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has swelling around his left eye.

ROUND 12

their throws everything he's got! (all out)

their annoys Bunyon with a quick overhand right to the eye. Bunyon is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

Les "their" Cherries landed 6 of 42 punches -- 6 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (24 points)
Billy Bob Bunyon landed 2 of 14 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (8 points)

Les "their" Cherries won the round 10-9 by stunning Bunyon.

Billy Bob Bunyon is winning the fight 117-111.

their grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool. He has swelling around his left eye.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 2: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 3: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 4: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 5: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 6: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 7: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 8: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9
Round 9: Les "their" Cherries 10-9
Round 10: A 10-10 tie.
Round 11: Les "their" Cherries 10-9
Round 12: Les "their" Cherries 10-9

Total Score: Billy Bob Bunyon 117-112

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Round 10: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9

Total Score: Billy Bob Bunyon 117-111

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Round 10: Billy Bob Bunyon 10-9

Total Score: Billy Bob Bunyon 117-111

Billy Bob Bunyon wins by decision!
Old 08-04-2003, 05:36 AM   #366
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Atlas,"Cherries seemed inaffective in this fight."

Joe, "I know, and I'm not sure what happened. Cherries fought his fight, landed some real clean punches, but it didn't seem to have any affect. The only thing I can figure is Bunyon's chin and conditioning were much better than I expected."
Old 08-04-2003, 05:37 AM   #367
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 207 pounds (94 kilograms) with a record of 7 wins, 0 draws, and 9 losses fighting for Hollowtip`s Layer out of Decatur, Georgia is Debolique "Death" Dobson!!

In this corner, standing 6 feet (183 centimeters) tall weighing in at 205 pounds (93 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Cuts like a Razor "Blade"!!

ROUND 1

Death fights from outside. (outside)
Blade is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Debolique "Death" Dobson landed 24 of 63 punches -- 4 power punches, 16 jabs, 4 rights. (60 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 13 of 42 punches -- 4 power punches, 5 jabs, 4 rights. (38 points)

Debolique "Death" Dobson won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Debolique "Death" Dobson is winning the fight 10-9.

Death doesn't need to rest.

Blade doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Blade is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Debolique "Death" Dobson landed 24 of 54 punches -- 4 power punches, 16 jabs, 4 rights. (60 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 11 of 30 punches -- 3 power punches, 5 jabs, 3 rights. (31 points)

Debolique "Death" Dobson is winning the fight 20-18.

Death remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 3

Blade goes for a clinch as soon as the bell rings! (clinching)

Debolique "Death" Dobson landed 25 of 62 punches -- 4 power punches, 17 jabs, 4 rights. (62 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 6 of 24 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (22 points)

Debolique "Death" Dobson is winning the fight 30-27.

Death grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 4

Death is counter-punching. (counter-punching)
Blade goes for a clinch as soon as the bell rings! (clinching)

Blade jars Death with a head butt! It appears unintentional, but the referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Debolique "Death" Dobson landed 8 of 40 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (28 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 7 of 23 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)

This round was a 10-10 tie.

Debolique "Death" Dobson is winning the fight 40-37.

Death grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 5

Blade goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Debolique "Death" Dobson landed 8 of 47 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (28 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 14 of 46 punches -- 5 power punches, 4 jabs, 5 rights. (43 points)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Debolique "Death" Dobson is winning the fight 49-47.

Death is obviously tired.

Blade doesn't need to rest. He has swelling around his right eye.

ROUND 6

Blade is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Debolique "Death" Dobson landed 8 of 51 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 4 rights. (28 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 7 of 25 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (28 points)

Debolique "Death" Dobson is winning the fight 59-57.

Death is slowing down.

Blade remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has swelling around his right eye.

ROUND 7

Blade jars Death with a big uppercut to the chest!! The crowd is on its feet!! Death grimaces in pain.

Blade throws a hook to the stomach. Death seems dazed. He's out on his feet!!

Debolique "Death" Dobson landed 4 of 41 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (14 points)
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" landed 18 of 45 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 7 rights. (65 points)

Cuts like a Razor "Blade" won the round 10-8 for dominating the round.

The fight is too close to call at this point.

Death collapses limply onto his stool.

Blade remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has swelling around his right eye.

ROUND 8

Blade jars Death with a big uppercut to the face!! The crowd roars!! Death staggers!! The crowd is going wild!!

Blade lands a telling blow to the temple and Death staggers. He reaches for the ropes ... and misses!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Cuts like a Razor "Blade" wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 1:30
Old 08-04-2003, 05:46 AM   #368
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Joe Bagadonuts

Max Kellerman "Joe, will this win help get Blade's carear on track."

Joe, "It can't hurt."

Kellerman "Blade looked real affective tonight."

Joe, "We got back to what works well for us. Waiting for our opening. It is truely a shame I messed up in his last fight. We should have won that one too."

Burt Sugar, "Death's corner is complaining about the head butt in the 4th round. They say that it took Death out of his game and from that point on Blade dominated the fight."

Joe, "The head butt was unintential. Blade isn't a dirty fighter and wouldn't head butt intentially. Look back at his previous fights, you'll see no history of head butts. I will say that Blade has a tendency to lower his head trying to get inside, but I don't blame him for that. I wouldn't try to get inside by sticking my chin or nose out. As for it throwing Death off....Death was already showing fatigue. What happened was inevitable."
Old 08-04-2003, 05:47 AM   #369
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 6 feet and 7 inches (201 centimeters) tall weighing in at 295 pounds (134 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 0 draws, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Joe Joe O`Kelly!!

In this corner, standing 7 feet (213 centimeters) tall weighing in at 247 pounds (112 kilograms) with a record of 4 wins, 0 draws, and 0 losses fighting for Malibu [Calling it Quits] out of South Carolina is Super Joe Blow!!

ROUND 1

O`Kelly is clinching a lot. (clinching)
Blow is backpedaling. (using the ring)

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 3 of 36 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 4 of 18 punches -- 1 power punch, 2 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)

O`Kelly doesn't need to rest.

Blow doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 4 of 29 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (15 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 4 of 20 punches -- 1 power punch, 2 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly won the round 10-9 with aggressive power punching.

Joe Joe O`Kelly is winning the fight 20-19.

O`Kelly remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 3

The referee admonishes you to fight!

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 3 of 37 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 4 of 18 punches -- 1 power punch, 2 jabs, 1 right. (11 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly is winning the fight 30-29.

ROUND 4

The fighters eye each other warily.
People are throwing paper into the ring!

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 2 of 24 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 1 right. (7 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 8 of 38 punches -- 3 power punches, 2 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)

Super Joe Blow won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

ROUND 5

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 3 of 25 punches -- 3 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (12 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 8 of 31 punches -- 3 power punches, 2 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 49-48.

O`Kelly grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 6

Blow dances around the ring. (using the ring)

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 4 of 28 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (16 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 12 of 36 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (43 points)

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 59-57.

O`Kelly is obviously tired.

Blow remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 7

O`Kelly goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 5 of 36 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (19 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 15 of 38 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 6 rights. (54 points)

Super Joe Blow won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 69-66.

O`Kelly is slowing down.

ROUND 8

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 2 of 17 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 1 right. (7 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 8 of 44 punches -- 5 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (29 points)

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 79-75.

O`Kelly is slowing down.

ROUND 9

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 0 of 12 punches -- 0 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (0 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 7 of 38 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (25 points)

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 89-84.

O`Kelly is slowing down.

ROUND 10

O`Kelly thinks he's in a wrestling match. (clinching)

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 4 of 27 punches -- 4 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (16 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 12 of 37 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (43 points)

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 99-93.

O`Kelly is slowing down.

Blow grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 11

The fighters circle.

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 2 of 34 punches -- 2 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (8 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 1 of 8 punches -- 0 power punches, 1 jab, 0 right. (2 points)

Joe Joe O`Kelly won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 108-103.

O`Kelly is slowing down.

Blow grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 12

O`Kelly is throwing big punches. (inside)
The fans are growing restless.

Joe Joe O`Kelly landed 1 of 42 punches -- 1 power punch, 0 jabs, 0 right. (4 points)
Super Joe Blow landed 3 of 10 punches -- 1 power punch, 1 jab, 1 right. (9 points)

Super Joe Blow won the round 10-9 with more accurate punching.

Super Joe Blow is winning the fight 118-112.

O`Kelly looks exhausted.

The judges' decisions are:

Judge Roy Bean scores the fight as follows:

Round 1: A 10-10 tie.
Round 2: Joe Joe O`Kelly 10-9
Round 3: A 10-10 tie.
Round 4: Super Joe Blow 10-9
Round 5: Super Joe Blow 10-9
Round 6: Super Joe Blow 10-9
Round 7: Super Joe Blow 10-9
Round 8: Super Joe Blow 10-9
Round 9: Super Joe Blow 10-9
Round 10: Super Joe Blow 10-9
Round 11: Joe Joe O`Kelly 10-9
Round 12: Super Joe Blow 10-9

Total Score: Super Joe Blow 118-112

Judge Judy scores the fight as follows:

Judge Lao Mang Chen scores the fight as follows:

Super Joe Blow wins by decision!
Old 08-04-2003, 05:51 AM   #370
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

George Forman "Joe Joe has been so dominating is his fights, but he looked bad in this one. You have to be disappointed."

Joe,"I am, but I expected this eventually. Joe Blow did a great job of modifying his fight plan to beat Joe Joe. He realized he didn't have to work very hard to win the early rounds. Then he stayed away from us and forced us to chase, something we don't do very well."

Sugar Ray "Do you think future opponents will adopt the same style."

Joe, "They will probably try, but it takes a real good, and physically fit heavyweight to pull it off. Plus we'll now try to make some adjustments on our end to counteract that style."
Old 08-04-2003, 05:53 AM   #371
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC Fighters - Current Rankings

Bobby Baked Beans - 90

Pancho O'Kelly - 42

Jimmy Hurricane Saunders - 40

Brian the Butcher Babson - 111

Jace Hunter - 182

Les their Cherries - 157

Blade - 159

Joe Joe O'Kelly - 122
Old 08-04-2003, 08:17 AM   #372
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bobby Baked Beans (3-3-0) 3/0) vs Your Superior (3-3-0) (0/2)

PreFight Commentary

Burt Sugar

"2 very good fighters with average records. Both of these guys could be much higher ranked with a little luck. This will be an interesting fight because Superior likes to fight from the outside, but he puts together a good combination of jabs to power punches. Typically, Superior's rounds are 4 to 5 power, 17 to 25 jabs, and 4 to 5 rights."

"Beans has 3 wins by KO and 3 losses by decission. The toughest thing for Beans is when he faces an opponent that can put together good rounds and not tire out. If Bean's and trainer Bagadonuts feels they can't put the opponent on the canvass, they have a hard time beating them on the cards."

-----------Predictions-------------

Sugar "Superior is the exact type of fighter that gives Bean's fits. Well conditioned, scores alot of points in rounds and has a good chin. I don't think Bean's can knock him down, and therefore I don't think Beans can win."

Sugar Ray Leonard, "Beans is capable of becoming a good boxer. The guy could put close to 100 points on the board every round...but I don't think he can do it right now without tiring. I think Superior wins in a decission - probably 116-114."

Teddy Atlas - "Beans is stronger than people give him credit for. I'll take him in a 9th round KO."
Old 08-04-2003, 08:19 AM   #373
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Joe Bagadonuts to Beans

"Kid...I know Superior is 3 and 3 but I can't figure out how to beat him. I've tried KOing him, but I can't put him on the mat. I tried to out point him, but I keep coming up just short. I must have the sparring partner better than Superior actually is, but I don't know where my numbers are off. If you have any ideas how you want to go after him, and what you want to train...I'm listening."
Old 08-04-2003, 08:29 AM   #374
Travis
Pro Rookie

Dammit, that's two guys delivering low blows to me, I'd like the Federation to take a look into things and stop this conspiracy against my wanting to father future heavyweight champions!

Heh, at least I knocked this guy on his ass for his transgressions though, that felt nice
Old 08-04-2003, 10:02 AM   #375
condors
College Starter

think we could try to work the body and tire him out, then go for a late round ko?
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 10:16 AM   #376
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

That's what I've been trying in training and it isn't working. Superior has been KOed 2 times, by fighters not as good as you, but I can't seem to keep him on the mat. Of course I could be overestamating his ability and the sparring partner your going against could be significantly better than superior actually is.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:30 AM   #377
condors
College Starter

i wouldn't have any chance to go all out for an early ko would i?
Old 08-04-2003, 10:39 AM   #378
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I've hurt him a few times with an Allout in the 1st. Don't get the KO though. Again, I might be way off on his abilities and you might be able to go with a 5/8/7 or 5/9/6 and win, but it isn't working in training.

I figure his stats (based on body style, punch numbers, results, etc.) place him about:

Str 7
Speed 13
Chin 10
Cut 1

KO 0
Ag 15
Con 13

It's the Chin Constitution combination that appears to be killing our chances. If I am off by even 1 number on either we could win easy.
Old 08-04-2003, 12:06 PM   #379
condors
College Starter

and chance we could try to outpoint him for 7-8 rounds and then just clinch to hold on for the rest of the fight?
Old 08-04-2003, 12:13 PM   #380
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I've tried that too, but he typically get between 75 and 100 points a round. I'll run it again with some more complex code and see what I come up with.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #381
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

OK, here's the deal. I have 2 options for you. Neither of which I'm thrilled about.

One we can go with a fight plan that attacks Superior and goes all out in the last 2 rounds.

The second (like you requested) trys to get the early lead and hang on late.

I won with both, but not consistantly. The Power plan depends on the opponents chin, conditioning and fight plan. He hasn't shown in the past the tendency to sit on a lead, but if he does and we try to KO him...we'll come up short (which we might anyway).

The second option is risky because we have to work so hard to win rounds we tire in the 10th, which leaves us vulnerable to an all out round. Plus, we don't always win on points. In fact, most times we lose a split decission.

Sorry it looks so bleak, but I can't seem to figure out a good way to beat this guy. If you were a little stronger we'd be able to get the KO easy. If you were a little faster we'd be able to outpoint him. Unfortunately, he is right in that gray area where it's difficult to find a plan that works. I hoping I'm off on his ability stats and we win easy.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:19 PM   #382
condors
College Starter

go with the first one and hope for the best, thanks very much for the effort no matter what happens
Old 08-04-2003, 02:46 PM   #383
bertogarce
Mascot

Been out of town for the past week or so. That sucks that Panch was laid out in his last fight. Let's hope he can rebound from that first defeat.
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 08:03 PM   #384
Blade
College Prospect

Nice, another win, finally!

However, I hope I don't get any slack about the head butt...the reporters have been driving me crazy!

Old 08-05-2003, 05:18 AM   #385
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Bobby Baked Beans vs Your Superior

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 134 pounds (61 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses fighting for Robinson Creek Boxing Palace out of Pikeville, Kentucky is Your Superior!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 5 inches (165 centimeters) tall weighing in at 133 pounds (60 kilograms) with a record of 3 wins, 0 draws, and 3 losses fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Bobby "Baked" Beans!!

ROUND 1

Superior fights from outside. (outside)
Baked thinks he's in a wrestling match. (clinching)

Your Superior landed 48 of 54 punches -- 8 power punches, 32 jabs, 8 rights. (120 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 12 of 31 punches -- 12 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (48 points)

Your Superior won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

Your Superior is winning the fight 10-9.

Superior doesn't need to rest.

Baked doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

Baked is clinching a lot. (clinching)

Baked whacks Superior with a head butt! It appears unintentional, but the referee stops the action and issues a warning!

Your Superior landed 42 of 53 punches -- 7 power punches, 28 jabs, 7 rights. (105 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 10 of 32 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (39 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 20-18.

Superior doesn't need to rest.

Baked doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

Your Superior landed 43 of 55 punches -- 7 power punches, 29 jabs, 7 rights. (107 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 11 of 30 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (43 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 30-27.

Superior remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

Baked doesn't need to rest. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 4

Your Superior landed 43 of 56 punches -- 7 power punches, 29 jabs, 7 rights. (107 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 10 of 35 punches -- 9 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (39 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 40-36.

Superior remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

Your Superior landed 42 of 55 punches -- 7 power punches, 28 jabs, 7 rights. (105 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 11 of 31 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (43 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 50-45.

Superior grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 6

Your Superior landed 38 of 54 punches -- 6 power punches, 26 jabs, 6 rights. (94 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 12 of 36 punches -- 12 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (48 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 60-54.

Baked remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 7

Your Superior landed 43 of 54 punches -- 7 power punches, 29 jabs, 7 rights. (107 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 10 of 27 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (40 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 70-63.

Baked remains standing while the trainer wipes him down. He has bleeding over his left eye.

ROUND 8

Your Superior landed 32 of 62 punches -- 5 power punches, 22 jabs, 5 rights. (79 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 13 of 36 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (50 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 80-72.

Superior is obviously tired.

ROUND 9

Your Superior landed 38 of 51 punches -- 6 power punches, 26 jabs, 6 rights. (94 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 8 of 32 punches -- 7 power punches, 0 jabs, 1 right. (31 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 90-81.

Superior is obviously tired.

ROUND 10

Baked goes toe-to-toe. (inside)

Your Superior landed 38 of 55 punches -- 6 power punches, 26 jabs, 6 rights. (94 points)
Bobby "Baked" Beans landed 15 of 49 punches -- 10 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (55 points)

Your Superior is winning the fight 100-90.

Superior is slowing down.

ROUND 11

Baked throws everything he's got! (all out)

Baked pummels Superior with a big roundhouse to the temple!! The crowd is on its feet!!

Baked lands a huge uppercut and Superior's knees buckle --- he topples to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Bobby "Baked" Beans wins by a Knock Out!!

Last edited by Breeze : 08-05-2003 at 05:19 AM.
Old 08-05-2003, 05:30 AM   #386
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Interview - Joe Bagadonuts

Burt Sugar "Joe, I didn't think Beans had it in him to take down a fighter with Superior's conditioning and chin. He really showed something to the fighting public with tonights victory."

Joe "I think so. Superior is a good fighter, and people in the business realize it. Beans was unloading heavy punches from the opening bell, and it took 10+ rounds to put him down. Most fighters would have dropped long before that in the face of Beans barrage."

Atlas,"I said prior to the fight I thought people were underrating Beans. Do you think this puts future opponents on notice?"

Joe "I'm sure it does and that's a little unfortunate. I like sneaking up on people, but when you have a display like Beans did tonight...that's not going to happen."

Kellerman, "I heard you were having concerns in practice. That Beans was unable to drop the sparring partners consistantly using this same tactic. Is that true and if so...what was different tonight?"

Joe, "It's true, but you need to understand, we use top notch sparring partners. Often times they are as good as our opponent. I think the difference tonight was adrenalin. I also think Superior wasn't as strong as the sparring partner, which means he wasn't do as much damage to Beans, allowing Beans to throw more punches without getting tired."
Old 08-05-2003, 05:41 AM   #387
condors
College Starter

awsome man.....totally awsome
Old 08-05-2003, 05:46 AM   #388
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sweet win...everything unfolded just like everyone here hoped.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 08:22 AM   #389
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Fight Assessment - Max Kellerman

Pancho O`Kelly (5-1-1 4/1) vs One eyed Wes (10-7-0 3/2)

Pancho is the superior fighter here. Wes is a good boxer with good power, but the lack of that second eye leaves him vulnerable to big hitters, and Pancho can punch with the best of them.

------------Predictions---------------

Kellerman "Pancho is coming off his first loss, and is eager to get back in the win column. I think he'll make short work of Wes, who if not for that tragic pick-up stick accident at the age of 14, would be a real contender. Wes is a good fighter now, think how good he could be if he had both eyes."

Foreman "It wouldn't matter if Wes had 2 eyes...Panch will still put him on his rump roast. Speaking of rump roast I have this lean mean grilling machine that...."

Merchant "I think this will be a better fight than most of my collegues. Wes is a good boxer, who has the strength to hurt his opponent. I wouldn't be suprised if he caught Pancho with a punch a put him down. However, I think eventualy Pancho will get the KO. Probably in the 12th."

Last edited by Breeze : 08-05-2003 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:22 AM   #390
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 8 inches (173 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 10 wins, 0 draws, and 7 losses fighting for The Jersey Gym(relocated) out of myrtle beach, South Carolina is One eyed Wes!!

In this corner, standing 5 feet and 10 inches (178 centimeters) tall weighing in at 153 pounds (69 kilograms) with a record of 5 wins, 1 draw, and 1 loss fighting for FOFC Gym out of Atlanta, Georgia is Pacho O`Kelly!!

ROUND 1

Wes dances around the ring. (using the ring)

One eyed Wes landed 25 of 62 punches -- 9 power punches, 7 jabs, 9 rights. (77 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 18 of 34 punches -- 15 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (69 points)

One eyed Wes won the round 10-9 by throwing more punches.

One eyed Wes is winning the fight 10-9.

Wes doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 2

One eyed Wes landed 25 of 52 punches -- 9 power punches, 7 jabs, 9 rights. (77 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 16 of 38 punches -- 13 power punches, 0 jabs, 3 rights. (61 points)

One eyed Wes won the round 10-9 by landing more punches.

One eyed Wes is winning the fight 20-18.

Wes doesn't need to rest.

ROUND 3

O`Kelly jars Wes with a low blow! It appears unintentional, but the referee stops the action and issues a warning!

One eyed Wes landed 20 of 57 punches -- 7 power punches, 6 jabs, 7 rights. (61 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 13 of 36 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 2 rights. (50 points)

One eyed Wes is winning the fight 30-27.

Wes remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 4

O`Kelly lands a telling combination and Wes lands flat on his back!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

Wes struggles to his feet and the fight goes on!

Wes slams O`Kelly with a low blow! It appears unintentional, but the referee stops the action and issues a warning!

One eyed Wes landed 21 of 50 punches -- 3 power punches, 15 jabs, 3 rights. (51 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 18 of 32 punches -- 18 power punches, 0 jabs, 0 right. (72 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-8 for the knockdown.

One eyed Wes is winning the fight 38-37.

Wes remains standing while the trainer wipes him down.

ROUND 5

One eyed Wes landed 37 of 72 punches -- 6 power punches, 25 jabs, 6 rights. (92 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 16 of 48 punches -- 11 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (59 points)

One eyed Wes is winning the fight 48-46.

Wes grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 6

Wes feints and fakes. (feinting)

O`Kelly nails Wes with a stiff overhand right to the nose. Wes is hurt!! He falls into a clinch and the ref forces them apart!

O`Kelly lands a tremendous haymaker and Wes goes down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Wes doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

O`Kelly lands a crunching haymaker and Wes hurtles to the canvass!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

Wes doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

One eyed Wes landed 35 of 66 punches -- 4 power punches, 27 jabs, 4 rights. (82 points)
Pacho O`Kelly landed 23 of 50 punches -- 18 power punches, 0 jabs, 5 rights. (87 points)

Pacho O`Kelly won the round 10-7 for repeated knockdowns.

Pacho O`Kelly is winning the fight 56-55.

Wes grabs a water bottle and rests on his stool.

ROUND 7

Wes feints and fakes. (feinting)
O`Kelly is a raging bull! (all out)

Wes jars O`Kelly with a painful uppercut to the ribs!! The crowd is on its feet!!

O`Kelly jars Wes with a strong right to the nose!! The crowd is on its feet!! Wes grimaces in pain.

Wes lands a clean hook to the nose. O`Kelly staggers into the ropes!!

Wes lands a big right hook and O`Kelly's legs turn to jelly -- down he goes!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

O`Kelly doesn't look like he'll beat the count -- but he does! and the fight goes on!

O`Kelly lands a sudden blow to the temple and Wes is knocked down!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!

FOUR!

FIVE!

SIX!

SEVEN!

EIGHT!

NINE!

TEN!
He's out!!!
Pacho O`Kelly wins by a Knock Out!!

Time: 2:19
Old 08-06-2003, 05:26 AM   #391
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Commentary - Larry Merchant

As I predicted this was a much closer fight that most of the experts felt it would be. That may sound crazy if you only look at the final results, but Wes was taking a beating from O'Kelly, and he stood in there and gave one back. This was a highly entertaining fight with big punches thrown frequently. If you missed it...look for the replay on HBO Thursday night before the start of the fight card containing Butcher Babson and Hurricane Saunders.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:33 AM   #392
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Post Fight Inteview - Joe Bagadonuts

Burt Sugar "Joe nice win, were you concerned at all during the fight?"

Joe "Actually, in the 3rd round I was little concerned Wes was tiring any faster than we were. Then in the 4th O'Kelly had that monster round were he threw like 20 power punches, unbelievable, but what was even more unbelievable was there was a 5th round after that. Wes' conditioning and chin were better than I gave him credit for. Thankfully, that oversight didn't come back to haunt us."

Sugar Ray, "Pancho, when he was brought in was described as a boxer with good hand speed and good footwork, but he really hasn't fought that way. Why?"

Joe, "I guess it's the Irish part of him. He get in the ring, gets hit a few times, then gets mad and starts going toe to toe. He has the ability to box more than we do, but we've been successful doing what we're doing, so I'm not going to force the issue. Maybe the fact we are capable of boxing will play a role in the future. Hopefully, we'll be able to use it to take an opponent by suprise."
Old 08-06-2003, 05:53 AM   #393
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

That was one hell of a fight. I was worried for Pancho because both boxers were putting up good fights.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 07:51 AM   #394
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Fight Assessment - Sugar Ray Leonard

Jimmy "Hurricane" Saunders 5-1-0 (3/0) vs Breath Schwentker's 6-2-0 (5/0).

"This is truely like watching someone fight themselves. I've never seen two fighters who have such simlar abilities. Both of these fighters are extremely well conditioned, both can box and punch, both have been very successful and both have to be scratching their heads trying to figure out how to beat a fighter with similar abilities."

-------------Predictions--------------

Sugar Ray "This could truely be a classic fight. Both of these fighters have used different styles...so it's impossible to predict which they will use on Friday. But regardless, there will be alot of action. I figure more than 650 punches will be thrown in all, and in the end...it will be a split decission. I don't know which way, but a split decission."

Kellerman,"Don't ask me. Without knowing how these guys are going to fight it is impossible to tell. If both decide to win on cards I think it is close but I'll give a very slight edge to Schwentker. If they both decide to punch I give the edge to Hurricane. If Schwentker fights outside and Hurricane inside...I think Schwentker weathers the storm and gets the win. If Schwentker goes inside and Hurricane outside it's flipped. I honestly don't think Schwentker can knock out Hurricane, unless Jimmy overworks and tires himself out, but I do think Hurricane could knock out Schwentker, it wouldn't be easy, but depending on how he trains, how aggressive he wants to be he could put him down."

Jim Lampley "It wouldn't suprise me if this ended in a draw. That's how evenly matched these two are."
Old 08-06-2003, 07:56 AM   #395
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Brian "The Butcher" Babson (2-0-0) (0/0) vs Jay Patangia 2-0-0 (1/0)

"Patangia is overrated even though he's rated 111. He is a power puncher without a ton of power. His one KO was against a figher who is 2-7-0 and has been KOed 6 times. He has a punchers chance here, but Babson won't have to work hard to win rounds and can up his defense accordingly.)

----------------Predictions-------------------

Kellerman "Babson in a cake walk. He'll win at a minimum 10 rounds, and the only reason he might lose a couple is because he'll be sitting on the lead late."

Forman "I give P a punchers chance, but I don't even think he'll win."
Old 08-06-2003, 08:59 AM   #396
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Breeze

Brian "The Butcher" Babson (2-0-0) (0/0) vs Jay Patangia 2-0-0 (1/0)

"Patangia is overrated even though he's rated 111. He is a power puncher without a ton of power. His one KO was against a figher who is 2-7-0 and has been KOed 6 times. He has a punchers chance here, but Babson won't have to work hard to win rounds and can up his defense accordingly.)

----------------Predictions-------------------

Kellerman "Babson in a cake walk. He'll win at a minimum 10 rounds, and the only reason he might lose a couple is because he'll be sitting on the lead late."

Forman "I give P a punchers chance, but I don't even think he'll win."

Heh, that sounds promising. Sounds like the Hurricane fight will be a classic!

(Butcher Babson is seen leaving the gym after a light practice. A short well-dressed man walks beside him. 'The Reporter' comes over to interview Babson)

Reporter: Butcher, how do you feel about your upcoming...

(Butcher moves past The Reporter without uttering a word)

Short Man: Hi, my name is Willie Peter Johnson. Butcher will no longer be speaking with the press directly, as he feels the anger is bad for his health. He did have a few words to say about his upcoming fight. He feels confident that he will embarass Patangia in this upcoming fight. Joe has outschemed better fighters than Patangia. Butcher is still hitting the weights every day in accordance with Joe's training plan. He'll have a statement to release when his fight is finished.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:19 AM   #397
bertogarce
Mascot

Nice to see Panch back in the win column! One Eyed Wes put up quite a fight before he went down though. I hate to see what he could have done with two eyes!
bertogarce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 12:38 PM   #398
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Jim Lampley - Pre Fight Assessment

Blade (4-3-0) (4/3) vs Bip "Bop Bam" Boo 9-8-0 (9/8)

"This fight will be interesting for the first 5 rounds. If the bell rings for the 6th...you might as well give Blade the victory. Boo has fought 17 times and never made it past the 5th round. He is another big punching heavyweight with no stamina."

---------------Predictions------------------

Lampley "With one exception, Blade has done very well against these types of fighters, and I think he will again. Blade with a 6th round KO."

Sugar "Blade wins another one by being patient."

Kellerman, "Blade has to love being able to beat on these guys late in a fight when they can't even hold their arms up."

Charlie Stiener, "As long as Joe Bagadonuts doesn't rush things, Blade will win his 5th fight."
Old 08-07-2003, 05:35 AM   #399
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Figth Assessment - Charlie Stiener

Jace Hunter 4-2-0 (4/1) vs Valentine Wolfe 3-1-0 (2/1)

"This is a good matchup. Wolfe is one of the busiest heavyweights in the business. He throws about 10 punches a round, and typically only tires when his opponent works the body and takes his wind. Wolfe is 3 and 1, with his only loss coming to fast rising and new boxing phenom Mickey Wood who has 4 1st round KOs to start his carear. Although Valentine has power, and with a first name like Valentine I'm sure he learned to fight early in life, he really isn't a KO fighter. Both of his KO wins came after the opponent was completely worn out. Hunter is a much bigger puncher that Valentine's other opponents, save Wood, and could do some damage early. The question here will be if he can keep it up long enough to get the KO."

-------------Prediction-----------------

Stiener "I'll take Hunter. I think he'll take off a couple of rounds in the middle of the fight to catch his breath, but I think he'll get the KO in the 11th."

Kellerman, "Valentine's level of work is amazing for a fighter that is 6' 1" and 230 lbs. I know he doesn't hit particullary hard, but he makes up for it in the number of punches thrown. I think Hunter is going to fatigue in this one and Wolfe will get the 12 round KO."

Burt Sugar, "This will be an amazing fight early, but late, both fighters will be dragging from all the work and damage taken in the early rounds. The end of the fight, if both fighters can stay on their feet till the end, will look like Rocky II. I think Hunter wins though."
Old 08-07-2003, 05:48 AM   #400
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Pre-Fight Assessment - Jim Lampley

Les "their" Cherries 4-2-0 (3/1) vs Moe Joe Jojo III 3-2-0 (2/2)

"This is going to sound strange, but it is real difficult to get a read on Moe Jojo. I know he has 5 fights, but both of his KO losses were 1st round jobs. OK one was to phenom Mickey Wood, but the other was to Peter Slugger an average 3-2 fighter himself. Moreover, One of Jojo's wins came against Dino Kloskov, who has thrown 3 punches in 3 fights. In that fight, Moe knocked him out in the 3rd and Kloskov never threw a punch...and it still took 3 rounds! However, in Moe's defense, he is an extremely active fighter, rivaling Valentine Wolfe for the most active in the weight class, and that activity makes him difficult to plan against."

"Cherries on the other hand is a masher. He lost his most recent fight to Bill Bunyon, but he hurt him bad in the 11th and 12. I expect Cherries to up his work level slightly in this one to make sure to wear out Jojo a little quicker."

-------------Predictions---------------

Lampley, "I think Moe Jojo is a little bit of a fraud. I think he could be a better fighter if he concentrated on beating the bigger slower opponents from the outside, but he seems to have the personality trait that makes him come inside after he gets tagged a few times. And Cherries is going to tag him for sure. I'll take Cherries with a 8th round KO."

Forman - "Cherries will distroy that dancer."

Teddy Atlas - "Moe Jojo's trainer Ricky Boston has been screaming at Jojo to stay outside. He thinks he's getting threw. We'll know early. If Jojo stays away from Cherries, he'll win a decission. If he comes inside and trades punches he'll lose."