Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #351
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Denver is 7-1 with Tebow as the starting QB, the rest doesn't really matter. I'd take him on the Rams right now.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #352
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Yes they should be embarassed, especially when you just beat the same QB a couple weeks ago where he threw 3 more INT's. Figured it would be much the same when Kolb went out, but I'll take it. If Cards win out they might get the last wild card spot-that really would be crazy given their season to date.

I've been really impressed with the Cardinals play the last few weeks, I'd love to see them win out.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #353
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Fuck Marion Barber. Two straight weeks he has done something insanely stupid to cost the Bears the game. Fucking release that trash already.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:27 PM   #354
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Wow, love looking at the Football Outsiders data, which makes Marino look much better than in the flawed QB rating system. They only have data from 1992 on, but even in the twilight of his career Marino was one of the best in the league:

DYAR: 2nd, 12th, 2nd, 11th, 3rd, 1st, 11th, 24th (final)
QBR: 7th, DNQ, 3rd, 8th, 6th, 13th, 18th, 30th

So in 1997, his 3rd to last year, Football Outsiders had him as the best QB in the league. Try telling that to Jimmy Johnson, who constantly threw Marino under the bus that year.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 12-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #355
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You gotta be fucking kidding me. So Jason Garret bitches enough and they throw a grounding flag a minute after the play ends? Horrible
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #356
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Victor Cruz can be really stupid sometimes
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 PM   #357
Galaril
Pro Starter

Just posting this but am not saying I believe it and even if it is true what the big deal is. But:

[Several Tennessee Titans' players said after the game that the New Orleans Saints were using a whistle on the sideline towards the end of the game according to Paul Kuharsky. If this is true, and the Titans seem to have evidence that it is, the league should fine the Saints organization and suspend Sean Payton. There is no excuse for using cheap tactics like that, and it is sad that a team as good as the Saints would sink to that level.

Michael Roos was apparently mic'd up for the game for Titans All Access, and the producer of that show says you can clearly hear it on the tape.

Here is what Nate Washington had to say about it after the game (from Kuharsky):

"You assume no one would be trying to do something like that to affect the game in some way."

The Saints apparently had no immediate comment about it after the game. There is no reason for them not to deny it if it wasn't true.

hxxp://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7342425/two-tennessee-titans-accuse-new-orleans-saints-sideline-blowing-whistle

Last edited by Galaril : 12-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #358
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

From nfl.com:

Dan Orlovsky, the third Colts quarterback to start in place of the injured Peyton Manning this season, went 16 for 36 for 1235 yards and an interception. He was sacked four times.

Threw for that many yards, yet the Colts still lost.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #359
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Just reposting this to but am not saying I I believe it and even if it is true what the big deal is. But:

"Several Tennessee Titans' players said after the game that the New Orleans Saints were using a whistle on the sideline towards the end of the game according to Paul Kuharsky. If this is true, and the Titans seem to have evidence that it is, the league should fine the Saints organization and suspend Sean Payton. There is no excuse for using cheap tactics like that, and it is sad that a team as good as the Saints would sink to that level.

Michael Roos was apparently mic'd up for the game for Titans All Access, and the producer of that show says you can clearly hear it on the tape.

Link:Two Tennessee Titans accuse New Orleans Saints sideline of blowing whistle - ESPN
Here is what Nate Washington had to say about it after the game (from Kuharsky):

"You assume no one would be trying to do something like that to affect the game in some way."

The Saints apparently had no immediate comment about it after the game. There is no reason for them n

You know, I watched that whole game, and I kept thinking I was hearing something like that but just dismissed it as crowd noise.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #360
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky View Post
From nfl.com:

Dan Orlovsky, the third Colts quarterback to start in place of the injured Peyton Manning this season, went 16 for 36 for 1235 yards and an interception. He was sacked four times.

Threw for that many yards, yet the Colts still lost.

And with 77 yards per completion, that must've been some awful field position to only score 10 points!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #361
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
What a pick by Sean Lee!
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #362
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I thought he looked very impressive in the 4th quarter and OT like he has in many games.

Over a larger sample size he is completing 47 percent of his passes. You like to cherry pick certain throws that should have/could have been caught but other QBs have that same problem and are still completing over 60 percent of their passes.

And yes I really do hope there is potential for him to get in that 55-57 percent range otherwise they are wasting their time as that is pretty ordinary for a NFL QB in todays NFL.

I really dont know why Tebow starts out games so poorly and ends them so much better but I tend to think he is probably closer to the beginning of the game player than he is the end of the game player. I dont remember all of the numbers from his awful starts but I have a hard time any player that will end up being a decent player could have starts like that. Do you remember a player like Big Ben or Tom Brady EVER having going through a 3/16 spell at any point in a game? Tebow makes it almost a habbit.

I wouldn't say Tebow makes it almost a habit at all. We are now talking about 80+ pass attempts in the fourth quarter Certainly not a large sample size, but not miniscule either. Over 40% of his pass attempts this year happen in the fourth quarter alone. (this is after today)

I think it's important to evaluate Tebow for the QB he's going to be, not try to evaluate him in the prototypical 60+% passer mode. I thought he threw the ball very well the previous two weeks. Before that, not so much. Today I thought he was bad, but not nearly as bad as the 3/16 made it out to be. Remember, 5 of those are drops. In order to hit the magic 60% mark, he'd have had to complete 10 of the other 11 throws. Some are also throw aways. We are really talking about 3 or 4 poorly thrown footballs out of the 16 pass attempts during that time, still too high for an NFL QB, but not nearly as ugly as 3/16 would indicate either.

Now, he's got to improve in the first three quarters. Not a single person going to debate this. This is not sustainable in its current form. But what if the footwork was a tad better, he had a full offseason to work with coaches and a full playbook, and he still played at a high level in the fourth quarter? I think I'd be ok with that as the QB of my football team. It's not Brady or Rogers, but I think you could score enough with an above average defense to win.

The key here is the fourth quarter play. If it's not only an anomoly, but he's actually as poor of a passer as he is in Q's 1-3, there is no debate here. You cut bait. I'm thinking he's always going to be an above average passer in the fourth because of the clutch factor and he will improve some in the other three quarters. (which hopefully includes his WR catching the damned ball)
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #363
cuervo72
Head Coach

The Giants look like the Eagles out there.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #364
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
TD Dez Bryant! That evens out the wide open Manningham TD.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #365
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Since I'll be hanging out in Indy for a the Super Bowl, I've decided my dream match up would be an 18-0 Packers vs. the Tebows. Tell me it wouldn't lead to the best 4th quarter in Super Bowl history. It'll make the Tyree catch look routine.

And is it just me, or do the Giants and Cowboys look great at times and look unbelievably dumb at others with little in between?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #366
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
The Giants look like the Eagles out there.

No, unfortunately, the Giants look like the Giants out there. That's what their defense has done all year.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #367
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Since I'll be hanging out in Indy for a the Super Bowl, I've decided my dream match up would be an 18-0 Packers vs. the Tebows. Tell me it wouldn't lead to the best 4th quarter in Super Bowl history. It'll make the Tyree catch look routine.

And is it just me, or do the Giants and Cowboys look great at times and look unbelievably dumb at others with little in between?

I can promise you the networks want that to happen too. It would be the highest rated television show in history.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:28 PM   #368
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I thought Tony Romo was supposed to be terrible in December!

Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #369
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Is Victor Cruz just an anomaly ? Colsten style? Undrafted but pretty damn impressive. Why the hell wasnt he drafted?

I know Colsten went in the 7th round but same thing

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-11-2011 at 10:32 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #370
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
I wouldn't say Tebow makes it almost a habit at all. We are now talking about 80+ pass attempts in the fourth quarter Certainly not a large sample size, but not miniscule either. Over 40% of his pass attempts this year happen in the fourth quarter alone. (this is after today)

I think it's important to evaluate Tebow for the QB he's going to be, not try to evaluate him in the prototypical 60+% passer mode. I thought he threw the ball very well the previous two weeks. Before that, not so much. Today I thought he was bad, but not nearly as bad as the 3/16 made it out to be. Remember, 5 of those are drops. In order to hit the magic 60% mark, he'd have had to complete 10 of the other 11 throws. Some are also throw aways. We are really talking about 3 or 4 poorly thrown footballs out of the 16 pass attempts during that time, still too high for an NFL QB, but not nearly as ugly as 3/16 would indicate either.

Now, he's got to improve in the first three quarters. Not a single person going to debate this. This is not sustainable in its current form. But what if the footwork was a tad better, he had a full offseason to work with coaches and a full playbook, and he still played at a high level in the fourth quarter? I think I'd be ok with that as the QB of my football team. It's not Brady or Rogers, but I think you could score enough with an above average defense to win.

The key here is the fourth quarter play. If it's not only an anomoly, but he's actually as poor of a passer as he is in Q's 1-3, there is no debate here. You cut bait. I'm thinking he's always going to be an above average passer in the fourth because of the clutch factor and he will improve some in the other three quarters. (which hopefully includes his WR catching the damned ball)

I dont know how you want to evaluate him Troy.

He looks his best in 3 step drops with the offense spread out. However, the coaches dont trust him enough to play that style the entire game. When he takes deeper drops it seems he holds the ball too long and doesnt feel comfortable in letting the ball go.

We could go on and on. He has strengths and he has weaknesses that can be exposed. He is winning games in miracle ways. I dont think its fair to try to evaluate that.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #371
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Crappy Dallas defense.. I'm going to lose FF unless Dallas can get a FG here.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #372
sabotai
General Manager

Romo and Ware have almost handed the Giants the game.

And Manningham drops the game winning TD.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #373
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, you are teh SUK, Manningham.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #374
spleen1015
Coordinator

What's with the low snaps?
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #375
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Eli with 400 yards passing on the night.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #376
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What's with the low snaps?

Backup center
Old 12-11-2011, 10:45 PM   #377
sabotai
General Manager

Could they please stop showing side views of Rob Ryan......that's one massive gut....
Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #378
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I stand by last weeks statement that i would take Eli over anyone in the 4th quarter.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #379
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm by no means in good shape, but I wish they would stop showing the slovenly fat fuck Rob Ryan all the time. He's why the terrorists hate us.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:48 PM   #380
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

worse then the bears... 3:30 to go up by 12 and now losing with 50 seconds left.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #381
Jas_lov
College Starter

Hell of a job by Eli. Down 12 with 5 minutes left and he takes the lead. Jason Garrett again shows why he shouldn't be an NFL coach. It took him at least 10 seconds before he realized the Giants were just going to run the clock down. The TO should have been called immediately after the Giants got to the 1.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #382
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
I stand by last weeks statement that i would take Eli over anyone in the 4th quarter.

TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 12-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #383
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Jerry Jones should be filling out a pink slip for Rob Ryan shortly.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #384
sabotai
General Manager

Hynoski has been one of the Giants best new players this year. Every time the Giants have a good run, it has usually started off Hynoski clearing out the hole with a great block. A great blocking fullback is way underrated in the NFL.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:51 PM   #385
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
TEBOW!!!!!!!!!!!1

They kind of go about it opposite ways. Manning brings his team back in the 4th from his defense sucking all game while Tebow brings his team back from his defense being awesome all game.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #386
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
No, unfortunately, the Giants look like the Giants out there. That's what their defense has done all year.

Yup...
Old 12-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #387
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

unfortunately for Eli Dallas is about to win

err TIE. sorry little drunk

I give up

Last edited by k0ruptr : 12-11-2011 at 10:53 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #388
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Ninja!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #389
sabotai
General Manager

Pierre-FUCKING-Paul!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #390
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

2 weeks in a row for Dallas! LOL!
Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #392
spleen1015
Coordinator

Wow
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #393
TroyF
Coordinator

Wow. The Broncos find ways to win, the Cowboys just find ways to lose. Good lord.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #394
cartman
Death Herald

dammit
Old 12-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #395
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Pierre-Paul is a beast
Old 12-11-2011, 10:55 PM   #396
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dallas doing their annual december choke
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #397
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I swear the cowboys are the exact dimension opposites of the Tebows
Old 12-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #398
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

I think Dallas needs to work on better blocking up front on FGs.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #399
Rizon
Pro Starter

lmao Tebow with the block kick to win the Inept Bowl between little Giants and Cowgirls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #400
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Can't wait to see how people blame this one on Romo.