Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #351
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New patch out

Quote:
OK, 1.28 is available. Fixes a crash bug intriduced in a previous beta build!

Download v1.28 Beta Patch
http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...-v128Patch.exe

Info
===

- NOTE: 1.28 is a debug build of PureSim and may run a bit more slowly than a typical release. It contains special code that will give you the option to email me a special file that is critical to diagnosing any remaining game crashes (of which there are currently no reproducible crash bugs that I know of that are not environmental or related to a corrupt install) Please be sure to send me this very important file if you encounter any crash, PureSim will automatcially launch your email program and instruct you to paste the contents of your clipboard into the message. Its simple and I can't overstate how much it helps me diagnose errors.

- Fix: Fixed error 91 while simming games

- Cosmetic: Added current association date to all menu screens

Developer, PureSim Baseball
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:31 PM   #352
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New beta patch 1.29 is out.

Quote:
1.29 is a BETA patch, so all disclaimers apply. Do not download this if you are not willing to deal with possible issues. The plan from here on in is NO new features and I'll try and chip away at some annoying issues as soon as I can. 1.29 solves a few that have been driving me crazy

Download the 1.29 beta patch

- Fix: In some cases, when the play by play indicated a player made a two base throwing error, the resulting error only played out as a one base error

- Fix: Rarely, fly balls would be reported as traveling 0' (in the red box) when watching a game

- Tweak: Fly ball distance on HR's was being impacted too much by the physics code changes made in 1.28 which was resulting in too many HR's turning into fly balls, leading to lower offensive numbers. This has been tweaked. Note, pre-1.28, based on my analysis there was still a tad too many HR's so 1.29 while closer to pre-1.28 numbers still results in a little bit lower number of HRs on average.

Old 08-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #353
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Beta Patch 1.30 is out.

Quote:
PureSim 1.30 Beta is now available.

This is a debug build and may run a bit slower.

Download the 1.30 BETA Patch

Changes:

- Fix: If num-lock was on and the user presses the "2" key on the numeric key pad PureSim was interpreting it as a "b" hence a bunt would be called for instead of a steal

- Tweak: User now prompted if they want to update the HTML Almanac in the off season.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #354
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Beta Patch 1.31 is out.
Quote:
1.31 is a Beta release so, standard disclaimers apply. That said, this is a very solid update and was put through fairly rigourous testing. So if you can lend a hand, I'd love to get it installed by as many folks as possible.

Download the 1.31 Patch

Note, 1.31 is a DEBUG build of the game and may run 10%-15% slower then official releases. If you receive a debug error message please allow PureSim to open your email program, and paste the contents of the message so it can be sent to me for detailed diagnosis. This should happen automatically. Bugs reported in this fashion get #1 priority, since a) they are crashes and b) contain detailed info I need to rapidly address the issue. Please be sure to include information on exactly what you were doing at the time of the error.

Thanks in advance for your help in testing beta versions of the game!

=== Fixes ===

- Fix: Rare issue with players being reported as injured in game, but not injured after

- Fix: Similarly rare issue where players were appearing to heal by miraculous amounts. What was really happening here was players were getting a new injury but it was less serious than the previous one, so it would appear to be a miraculous heal.

- Tweak: The injury model now is much more likely to yield an aggravation to an existing injury if you play a hurt player. The only way for a player with an existing injury to get a new injury type is if the game determines the new injury is more severe than the existing one.

- Fix: If the manager called for a Hit and Run with 2 outs and the batter struck out then PureSim would crash (This bug was introduced in the 1.25 Beta patch)

- Fix: The following sequence was causing PureSim to crash:
1) open any minor league player sheet
2) hit "shop player" button
3) Hit "shop player to all teams" button
4) examine the player sheet of one or more players from other teams
5) close all of the windows you've opened
6) close the player card from the original minor league player

Old 08-05-2006, 12:30 PM   #355
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Beta Patch 1.31 is out.
Quote:
1.31 is a Beta release so, standard disclaimers apply. That said, this is a very solid update and was put through fairly rigourous testing. So if you can lend a hand, I'd love to get it installed by as many folks as possible.

Download the 1.31 Patch

Note, 1.31 is a DEBUG build of the game and may run 10%-15% slower then official releases. If you receive a debug error message please allow PureSim to open your email program, and paste the contents of the message so it can be sent to me for detailed diagnosis. This should happen automatically. Bugs reported in this fashion get #1 priority, since a) they are crashes and b) contain detailed info I need to rapidly address the issue. Please be sure to include information on exactly what you were doing at the time of the error.

Thanks in advance for your help in testing beta versions of the game!

=== Fixes ===

- Fix: Rare issue with players being reported as injured in game, but not injured after

- Fix: Similarly rare issue where players were appearing to heal by miraculous amounts. What was really happening here was players were getting a new injury but it was less serious than the previous one, so it would appear to be a miraculous heal.

- Tweak: The injury model now is much more likely to yield an aggravation to an existing injury if you play a hurt player. The only way for a player with an existing injury to get a new injury type is if the game determines the new injury is more severe than the existing one.

- Fix: If the manager called for a Hit and Run with 2 outs and the batter struck out then PureSim would crash (This bug was introduced in the 1.25 Beta patch)

- Fix: The following sequence was causing PureSim to crash:
1) open any minor league player sheet
2) hit "shop player" button
3) Hit "shop player to all teams" button
4) examine the player sheet of one or more players from other teams
5) close all of the windows you've opened
6) close the player card from the original minor league player

Old 08-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #356
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Be careful not to get a warning for spamming JB
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #357
dervack
College Prospect

Hey jb, if you're going to be kind enough to tell us everytime a patch comes out, how about a link to download it also?

Last edited by dervack : 08-05-2006 at 01:59 PM.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:19 PM   #358
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
Hey jb, if you're going to be kind enough to tell us everytime a patch comes out, how about a link to download it also?

Ok sorry about that.

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...-v131Patch.exe
Old 08-05-2006, 04:55 PM   #359
dervack
College Prospect

Thanks. Some of us are still banned over there and its a pain in the ass to dl all the beta
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #360
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Patch Update:
Quote:
OK, this is a candidate for release as an official patch. Barring any huge issues, this will be made official in the next few days.

Download v1.32 RC1
http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...32_RCPatch.exe

=== 1.32 (RC1) Fixes ====

(1.32 also includes all fixes/updates added since the last 1.20 official patch)

- Fix: Splits were not lining up correctly on last row of player card (bug introduced in 1.25 Beta)

- Fix: Error 91 on lineup card if a PH in the 9th slot did not have a position assigned yet and the user attempted to assign them a position (could get in this state sometimes when doing a double switch)

- Fix: Rare Error 91 when trying to view a player card by clicking a link on a PSPN issue

- Fix: On the in-game manager screen "B[u]nt was only possible by pressing the "U" key (The user was not able to click on it)

- Fix: If the user was presented with the dialog that displayed new hall of fame members just elected then clicked on a the link to view one of the newly elected hall of fame member's player card, then clicked "Stats History" followed by choosing "AAA" from the dropdown, PureSim would crash to the desktop.

- Fix: Rare Error 91 when attempting to hit with a runner on second if the batter flew out.

- Fix: Another rare Error 91 on the in-game lineup card (when managing a game)

- Fix: Error 91 on trades dialog when switching teams if both teams were human-owned.

Developer, PureSim Baseball
Old 08-15-2006, 08:39 AM   #361
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well, now changing pitchers while managing a game causes me to suffer a CTD error about 90% of the time.

Started happening to me all of a sudden with the previous version (right before I left for Florida), continues with the 1.31 patch.

Pretty much a showstopper there, since I like to play a lot of games out instead of just simming repeatedly.

Maybe mentioning it here will produce more results than mentioning it over there has so far.
If not, well, I guess you live & you learn.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-15-2006 at 08:40 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #362
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Well, crap.

The support forums over at Matrix have gone very quite lately, not a peep from Shaun after two days concerning my CTD problem when trying to change pitchers.

Seems like I have more luck posting problems here than there, so let's see if another bump produces anything.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-16-2006 at 12:31 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:09 PM   #363
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Well, crap.

The support forums over at Matrix have gone very quite lately, not a peep from Shaun after two days concerning my CTD problem when trying to change pitchers.

Seems like I have more luck posting problems here than there, so let's see if another bump produces anything.

1.32 is out I think. Also I think he said he was away for a few days on the forum.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #364
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24
1.32 is out I think. Also I think he said he was away for a few days on the forum.

Thanks for the info.

I can't seem to find 1.32 anywhere though (which is usually the case with the beta patches, they're always like finding needles in haystacks).

And if he is indeed away for a few days, I wish they would sticky a note to the top of their support forum or something.

I don't really have a huge problem with the delay if that is the case, but being left feeling that I'm just twisting in the wind sort of sours me on the experience.

Ah well, at least I bought it for cheap.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #365
PadresFan104
High School Varsity

The thread for 1.32 is like the fourth or fifth thread down in the main forum. Here's the link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1225371

Last edited by PadresFan104 : 08-16-2006 at 07:33 PM.
PadresFan104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #366
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Here is a link to the 1.32 patch:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1225371
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #367
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Thanks for the info.

I can't seem to find 1.32 anywhere though (which is usually the case with the beta patches, they're always like finding needles in haystacks).

And if he is indeed away for a few days, I wish they would sticky a note to the top of their support forum or something.

I don't really have a huge problem with the delay if that is the case, but being left feeling that I'm just twisting in the wind sort of sours me on the experience.

Ah well, at least I bought it for cheap.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...&postcount=360

I posted above.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #368
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks to a user suggestion on the Matrix boards, I'm running without CTD's (at least at the moment).

Compressing the database, which was something I wanted to try but couldn't remember the location of within game, seems to have solved it.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #369
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Patch 1.33

Stealing jb's thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun on Puresim Forum
Possibly, the last RC before the official patch....

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-SetupRelease-v133_RCPatch.exe

=== 1.33 (RC2) Fixes ====

- Fix: Fixed pesky injury bug that was resulting in players healing from injuries "instantly" after a day (happened only on players NOT on the DL). Phew, this one was driving me crazy, it was a semi-random, rare issue, but has been squashed!

- Fix: Fixed issue with player's with career-ending injuries healing enough to return

- Fix: Error 9 when attempting to access roster page of a team in Sandbox mode (Related to issue with incorrectly importing a player in Sandbox mode's "Import Real Player" feature.

- Fix: Error 9 when trying to expand from 2 leagues, 20 teams 10 teams in division, to the next available progression (24 teams)

- Change: Removed 70-man rosters due to some game instability issues. This may return for PS 2008. Note: If you already have a 70-man roster it will still work moving forward, but support for creating a new 70-man config is now removed.

- Tweak: Added logging support for multiplayer associations. The way this works is all FTP commands sent by PureSim to the FTP

server are logged in the file ftp.log in the user's [puresim install folder]\psa folder. This file can prove useful

when diagnosing FTP connectivity issues in multiplayer associations.

Old 08-27-2006, 04:26 AM   #370
jbmagic
Pro Starter

PureSim v1.34 Release Candidate 3 Available

Quote:
=== 1.34 (RC3) Fixes/Changes ====

- Fix: Error 13 (and sometimes error 9) when managing a game and changing a position player's position to Pitcher from the in-game lineup card.

- New: Improved algorithm for calculating SPEED rating for imported real players

- New: Added overall range Factor (RF) to player card (Tracked for current season only)

- New: Now tracking Outs Played, PO, AS, and E by defensive position for each player
(Note, these numbers won't be correct until a fresh season begins)

- New: Added Range Factor and FPCT breakdown by position to the defensive chart that can be summoned from the player card (Note, these numbers won't be correct until a fresh season begins )
Old 08-27-2006, 04:27 AM   #371
jbmagic
Pro Starter

PureSim v1.34 Release Candidate 3 Available

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...34_RCPatch.exe
Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #372
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Release

Quote:
OK, 1.35 adds a beta test of the new integrated multiplayer support, you no longer have to have your own FTP space to run a league!

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...35_RCPatch.exe

Changes:
======

- Fix: Error 6 when viewing defensive chart for some players (introduced in 1.34)

- New: Integrated BETA version of new 'Matrix Online' support for hosting multiplayer leagues (Note: This version simply uses one of my old FTP servers for a test, so download speeds will be a bit slow, when we get the Matrix servers setup I'll cut over to their servers and it should be super fast)

- New: Now using 7z for multiplayer association compression resulting in 3x to 5x smaller file sizes resulting in greatly improved upload/download times (Note to multiplayer leagues in progress -- you must all be on 1.35 AND the commish must re-upload the assn after installing 1.35)
Old 09-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #373
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New release. More fixes and one nice new feature.

Quote:
OK, 1.36 is a BETA release, so all disclaimers apply... More fixes here and one pretty nice new feature!

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...36_RCPatch.exe

What's New
========

- New: Player career arcs (aging, improvement, decline) now happen gradually over the year instead of just in the off season. In other words, you'll see subtle ratings changes multiple times over the season for players. So, you'll probably want to watch players more closely during the year since their skills are changing more dynamically, as opposed to previous versions of PureSim where you would pretty much look at ratings after the off season.

- Tweak: Added some more logging to FTP code to help commmishes with diagnosing upload/download issues for players in the league

- New: Added new option to dump all players to the draft pool when doing a "Real Major League" association.

- Tweak: If a player submits roster moves while the commish is logged into PureSim, but BEFORE he has simmed a game since the last upload cycle, PureSim will now apply those roster moves right before teh first game in the current cycle is simmed. (Admittedly this is a fringe case!)

- Fix: HTML Alamanac was not showing splits when generated during the first season of an association if the user attempted to build it before the season was over.

- Tweak: No longer prompting the human manager for a tagup decision if a runner is on first and a fly ball is hit.

- Fix: In a situation where the game is tied and home team can win in the bottom of the 9th (or later) if a runner was on third (not forced) with 1 out, and a ground ball was hit, the defense sometimes would throw to first, allowing the runner at third to score the game winning run. The defense will now come home in this situation.

- Tweak: Added some new background images (Lineup, Modify Roster, Defensive scouting report) Thanks to PanzersEast!

- Fix: Rare lockup that could occur in the postseason if the next scheduled starter was too fatigued to start and the best candidate to start in his place is too injured to play.

Old 09-05-2006, 10:28 AM   #374
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
1. Player ratings do not change during the season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't like this. Until this changes, I probably won't buy Puresim.

Good news on latest patch. Now it will hapen during the season too according to latest patch list.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #375
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Yes, this is excellent news about players developing in-season.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:12 PM   #376
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Patch

Quote:
====================================================
PS 2007 v1.37 BETA - Release Candidate 6 Patch Notes
9/9/2007
====================================================

*** WARNING BETA RELEASE *** *** WARNING BETA RELEASE *** *** WARNING BETA RELEASE *** *** WARNING BETA RELEASE ***

Please note, this is BETA software and is NOT an official release. Please do not install this unless you are willing to accept possible bugs and other issues. Be sure to backup any associations you are really attached to before considering using them with a beta. That said, PureSim beta releases are typically very solid and I truly appreciate all the help the community provides with testing them. It is an integral part of the process of getting high quality official releases out the door.

=== 1.37 (BETA RC6) Fixes / Changes ===

- Tweak: Multiple tweaks to the new aging model added in 1.36. There was also a bug that would lead to huge ballooning ERAs over time. This has all been smoothed out and tested thoroughly.

- New: Using the new aging model is an optional setting at association creation time
(With existing associations, you will be prompted when upgrading to v1.37)

- Fix: Fixed an issue where certain PureSim 2005 associations would not upgrade properly to PureSim 2007.

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...37_RCPatch.exe
Old 09-17-2006, 12:01 PM   #377
jbmagic
Pro Starter

New Beta patch release.

Quote:
=== 1.38 (BETA RC7) Fixes / Changes ===

- Fix: Rare error 9 when attempting to sign a pitcher in the ammy draft in a 30 team association

- Fix: Error 91 if running in unattended auto play, which is then canceled, followed by a message indicating that the human team's roster is invalid and "you will now be taken to the modify roster page..." Rare, but it was possible this could occur.

- Fix: Bug introduced in 1.36 was causing a runner at first to sometimes decide on his own that he was going to try and tagup and head to second on a fly ball.

http://www.puresim.com/PureSim2007-S...38_RCPatch.exe