Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #351
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Put a fix for this in today - thanks for mentioning it, it wasn't something I was aware of before ...

Also ensured that Mr. Adu is playable in the MLS in patch#1 at his current tender age

Good to hear Marc - I'm sure I'm one of the few people in the world who this actually affects, but it was really bugging me. Thanks again.

Speaking of Adu, is it still ridiculously easy to sign him for any club in a higher prestige league? Not that I mind him coming to Cardiff, but not totally realistic
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:04 PM   #352
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
So far I'm blowing the doors off the competition with Newport County in EC South. Strangely the 4-5-1 is scoring 2-4 goals a game for me.

Uh oh. Standard 4-5-1? If it continues to work really well regardless of personnel, it may a supertactic and use should be banned.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:33 PM   #353
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
I'll ask the question again: what do I need to have access to the post match summary right after a game? Is it some staff, something special built for the team, does it happen on TV games or important games???

I have only noticed it (and the prematch preview) on TV games.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 02:24 PM   #354
Raven
College Prospect

OK, so I downloaded the demo, and installed in English, yet when I open it, it's in some foreign language (German, I think). I reinstalled it, to make sure I did install in English correctly, and I get the same thing.

I also tried changing the language in-game to English, and that doesnt work.

Do I need to try redownloading from another site?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 04:06 PM   #355
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Known glitch in the demo, one you can fix in the preferences screen
Old 11-27-2004, 04:06 PM   #356
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
I cannot wait 'til EHM has some of the new FM features. I've already played a combined 10 days (6 seasons) on EHM, and man...awesome.

6 seasons, I've made the playoffs ONCE (made it on the last day...tied Edmonton w/ 83 points but had the tiebreaker), and played #1 Calgary in the first round (I got swept 4-1).

Anyways, I've had a great time. Can't wait to get FM. I wish freaking Fry's would pick it up.

Not trying to threadjack but....glad to hear that

To get back on to the topic, there is a lot of idea-exchange going on between the FM and EHM teams as well as the OOTP team. Having all these great text sim minds under one roof makes some nice corridor conversations. And cross-playing FM, EHM and OOTP makes sure the best ideas carry over from one game to another at some point. We've already stolen some stuff for the next EHM from FM (and OOTP) and I believe Marc is also planning on nicking a few things from EHM to FM+1 as well.
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 04:09 PM   #357
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven
OK, so I downloaded the demo, and installed in English, yet when I open it, it's in some foreign language (German, I think). I reinstalled it, to make sure I did install in English correctly, and I get the same thing.

I also tried changing the language in-game to English, and that doesnt work.

Do I need to try redownloading from another site?

it may be a question of download, as I downloaded and installed my gold demo without having the language problem. I downloaded the demo from jolt.co.uk fi that makes a difference, here's a link to their search page:
http://www.downloads.jolt.co.uk/?pos...otball+manager

Good luck!

FM
Old 11-28-2004, 04:36 AM   #358
Katon
College Benchwarmer

The post-match summary and the preview have the same reqiurement: TV games.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 04:46 AM   #359
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I akways got a preview and post game an never once played TV. I was a first division team in Holland.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:58 AM   #360
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I can't explain that, GE, but my observations--and this is having started off with teams in England, Brazil, Italy and now Germany--is that Katon is right. I only ever get those for TV games.

I wish they would do it for every game, though.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 05:00 AM   #361
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
I akways got a preview and post game an never once played TV. I was a first division team in Holland.

dola,

just in case you might be confused, the previous posts on this have been with regards to the preview report and post match summary that is one of the selectable pages under Preview and Post Match. The Preview and Post Match sections, as you noted, are available for every match.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:07 AM   #362
cougarfreak
College Starter

Anyone know where to buy the game on Tuesday when it's released in the US?
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 08:34 AM   #363
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
dola,

just in case you might be confused, the previous posts on this have been with regards to the preview report and post match summary that is one of the selectable pages under Preview and Post Match. The Preview and Post Match sections, as you noted, are available for every match.

CR

exactly and I can also confirm that the matchs summaries (pre and post) are available only when you play on TV, as I played my FA Cup round 2 match yesterday night and only then were the summaries "ungreyed"...

Thanks everyone for the help.

FM
Old 11-28-2004, 08:37 AM   #364
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
Anyone know where to buy the game on Tuesday when it's released in the US?

The game was delayed a week, per SEGA.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:41 AM   #365
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Funny story in that FA Cup match. The week before the match, the team got plagued by a ton of injuries, especially to my strikers, and since I play a 4-3-3 formation, losing starting forwards isn't the nicest things.

Anyway, I have this kid, 17yo striker, whom I think has some potential. He just got back from a 3 months loan to St. Albans, right in time to make his debut on my team, in the FA Cup no less. Hi name: Calvin Andrew. I have a son named Andrew, who was playing U8 soccer last Summer. At some point during the game, Calvin Andrew decided he was gonna play like a regular starter and he started making moves on about half the field of play, ended the whole thing with a beauty of a goal. The game details going on at the bottom of the 2D screen went something like this

Andrew moves past Dean.
Andrew is coming alone with the keeper.
Andrew scores on an incredible strike!!!
Andrew is having an amazing debut.

Dang, it felt like me doing a fake play by play of me playing soccer with my son in the backyard

Playing away, we won the game 2-1 btw...

FM

edit to remove dola

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-28-2004 at 08:42 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 09:08 AM   #366
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
The game was delayed a week, per SEGA.

So now it's not available till the 7th?? What was the cause for the delay? On their website it still says the 30th.

Last edited by cougarfreak : 11-28-2004 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:45 AM   #367
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak
So now it's not available till the 7th?? What was the cause for the delay? On their website it still says the 30th.
from their forum, in the stickied thread named "Worldwide Soccer Manager release update"

Quote:
Just to let you know, the release date of this title (it's FM2005 for the North American market) will now be 6th December and not the 30th November as originally planned.

We apologise for any issues this may cause.
FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-28-2004 at 09:46 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:01 PM   #368
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Known glitch in the demo, one you can fix in the preferences screen

how do I do that? I can't figure it out since I dont speak German!
Old 11-28-2004, 01:09 PM   #369
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's dutch. One second, I'll find it for you
Old 11-28-2004, 01:12 PM   #370
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
from their forum, in the stickied thread named "Worldwide Soccer Manager release update"

FM

The heck with that, I ordered mine from gogamer.com, ships out of california, it'll be here in 2-3 days.
Old 11-28-2004, 01:16 PM   #371
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok... in the game: look for the magnifying glass near the top right part of the screen. The last option on the top of the screen (the closest to the magnifying glass)

That's the options menu.

The seventh option down, (the end of the first menu on that tab).. is preferences. click that.

Then the top left option will allow you to change languages, and in the mini box to the bottom left, there's three options. Confirm is the top one
Old 11-28-2004, 11:07 PM   #372
Raven
College Prospect

Thanks, Foz
Old 11-28-2004, 11:29 PM   #373
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Any word on when the patch will come out yet? I have not had the gamer crash yet but I wouldn't mind getting this sucker patched before starting a dynasty.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:32 PM   #374
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No word that I've heard, but I'm anxiously awaiting the patch to start a "real" career.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #375
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

No word yet unfortunately. And if you dare ask, someone in the SIGames community will jump you (as is typical of the hawks on that forum).

Unfortunately, I just had my first CTD and lost about a month of simming. Wonderful. This one is shelved until someone gets off their arse and finally gets us a patch. I feel like CM4 all over again.

CR

Old 11-29-2004, 04:33 AM   #376
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Unfortunately, I just had my first CTD and lost about a month of simming. Wonderful. This one is shelved until someone gets off their arse and finally gets us a patch. I feel like CM4 all over again.
CR
Am currently sitting on my arse working on the patch ....

Any chance of some info regarding your problem - ie. machine spec, what leagues were active, database size etc. (and a screen capture of the crash if possible).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc
PS. CTD's have been very very rare with FM which is one of the reasons we haven't rushed out a patch - the majority have been people over-straining their setups with leagues or simply driver/config issues on their PC's.
Not saying this is the cause of your problem, but obviously the more information I get on what happened, the more likely it is I can replicate it and help you out ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 05:21 AM   #377
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Am currently sitting on my arse working on the patch ....

Any chance of some info regarding your problem - ie. machine spec, what leagues were active, database size etc. (and a screen capture of the crash if possible).

Thanks in advance for your help,

Marc
PS. CTD's have been very very rare with FM which is one of the reasons we haven't rushed out a patch - the majority have been people over-straining their setups with leagues or simply driver/config issues on their PC's.
Not saying this is the cause of your problem, but obviously the more information I get on what happened, the more likely it is I can replicate it and help you out ...

lol...not surprised. Marc, your work ethic is amazing, I know.

Here's my info-- AMD AthlonXP 3200, 1 GB RAM, Windows XP Home, Creative SB card, ATI Radeon 9600 graphics card, oogles of hard drive space (I have the game installed on my 250 GB external), processor is not threaded. I was running one other program at the time (Internet Explorer).

I was in Germany, and I admit I was running a lot of leagues. 68 leagues in 34 countries, I think. I was playing as Wolfsburg. This is about three times the recommended level (for my computer), and for all I know, that might be the reason for the CTD. That said, I have run such huge leagues with CM and with FM before and I never saw this bug before. In the past, the only issues I have noticed with running such huge leagues is that it goes very, very slow (which doesn't bother me at all). This was my first non-memory related (to my knowledge) CTD ever with an SIGames product, and it was funny to see it happen, because it seemed to mimic the experiences of some of the people posting in that "crash crash crash" six-page thread in the bug forum at SIGames. You see, I had just read that thread for the first time today, never having had a problem, and this very night, it happens to me. What an odd coincidence.

My drivers should be up to date. I just got this computer in the last six months, and I know I updated the sound and video drivers for sure when I got Rome:Total War last month (heck, I just bought the video card two months ago). I also have SP2 for Windows XP installed.

I was running every top flight league in Europe that the game offers (even Belarus and Iceland) and the vast bulk of the leagues I had running were European leagues. I had no Asian, African or North American leagues, and only a little bit of Brazil and Argentina running. The database size was large (huge always stretched my memory too much with this many leagues), and I didn't have any additional nation's players added.

I would give you a screen capture of the CTD, but, you see, it didn't even give me an error message, just disappeared--so you would only be getting a screen capture of my desktop.

It happened on my game in late October, 2004 (in game), as I was preparing for a match. I right clicked to add a seventh sub to my lineup, and that was the last thing it did (promptly disappeared when I did that).

I hope some of this helps, and I will be glad to provide more info if I can. With any luck, this is something you have already run into.

CR

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-29-2004 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:23 AM   #378
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

dola,

I don't currently have a virus scan program installed (should I be revealing that? ), so I know that's not it.

CR

Old 11-29-2004, 05:38 AM   #379
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Can you email me at [email protected] so I can chat to you off-board please.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:01 AM   #380
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sent.

Old 11-29-2004, 04:35 PM   #381
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

For some reason, I was really expecting the patch out today when I got home from work.. too bad my intuition was wrong
Old 12-02-2004, 04:04 PM   #382
Desnudo
Coordinator

A helpful hint for anyone playing in the lower leagues. You can schedule preseason friendlies at home with premier league clubs and possibly sell out the stadium.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #383
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I hope there will be a patch that will prevent me from ever being thumped 8-0 on the road again. Ouch.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:55 AM   #384
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Has anyone notic that with fictional players there seems to be a good number of players releases with good abbillites just in the wrong positions?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:55 AM   #385
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Sent.
I don't appear to have recieved your email - please either PM me here or email my alternative account at [email protected] (as it might be my spam filter at SI being too aggressive ..).
Old 12-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #386
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

CLICK ME
Old 12-03-2004, 09:59 AM   #387
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

woah, SkyDog posting in a FM thread, what's next? posting on the Hattrick forum??? nah, he wouldn't go that far, would he?!?

FM
Old 12-05-2004, 05:01 AM   #388
Desnudo
Coordinator

Is anyone here interested in participating in an FM online league? I'm thinking we'd wait until the patch, but I'd love to get one going.
Old 12-05-2004, 06:14 AM   #389
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I'd be interested, but unfortunately time-zone issues would probably make it impossible for me to participate.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:49 PM   #390
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'd be interested as well.. I think the biggest challenge would be matching up time schedules.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:58 PM   #391
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'd be interested as well.. I think the biggest challenge would be matching up time schedules.

Bingo. I'd love to do it, but I wonder if we could find matching time for all of us.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 03:53 PM   #392
Desnudo
Coordinator

My time is pretty flexible. I'm on the west coast, which would make linking up with London a challenge although I could be on during London evenings. How does everyone's schedule work?
Old 12-05-2004, 04:10 PM   #393
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

If an online league gets going, I'm definitely in. If you guys will have me.
Old 12-05-2004, 04:14 PM   #394
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10
If an online league gets going, I'm definitely in. If you guys will have me.

Of course you're welcome to join. I'll start reviewing some of the established games on SI to see how things operate. I also have some web space so I could potentially set-up a playing schedule, rules and what-not.

I think the main thing we'd have to figure out is where to start. I.E., Premiership (assuming we'd go English), working our way up from the bottom, or somewhere in-between. Personally the old English 1 or 2 interest me since there you have promotion and relegation possibilities and still can sign decent players.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:58 PM   #395
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I'd be very interested in an online league, but again, schedules could be problematic.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 09:02 PM   #396
McSweeny
College Starter

i've been having some weird problems with alt-tabing out. Today it crashed straight to my desktop two or three times with no warning and no message. Just closed up and acted like it was never running in the first place. Very annoying, considering it did it just after i had beat Holland 4-2 in my first World Cup 2006 group match as Ireland

All my drivers are up to date and all my windows updates are taken care of. Got a brand new Athlon 64 3000+ and i'm running XP SP2. Hope this will be taken care of in the patch
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:29 AM   #397
Desnudo
Coordinator

Man, some of the new media stuff is hilarious. I got this quote from a player I just signed:

Motteram to Teach Fans Real Football

"New Newport Co signing Carl Motteram has told the club's fans that his ability will leave them drooling.

Speaking to journalists after his 140K move, the 22-year-old attacking midfielder declared that if the fans had been getting bored at Newport Stadium over recent months, he was about to show them how football should be played."
Old 12-06-2004, 02:38 AM   #398
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

I can't wait to get this game, it will be at my house on Tuesday...screw waiting for the American version.
Sharpieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 02:59 AM   #399
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

lol Desnudo.

What really moves that into the sublime is that I had Motteram at Tamworth in one of my CM03/04 dynasties, and although rated excellently, he was always a huge underachiever.

Hopefully he does better for you.

CR

Old 12-06-2004, 03:13 AM   #400
Desnudo
Coordinator

Hehe, I may be out of luck. I had a look at his hidden stats and he shows 6/20 for important matches and 19/20 for controversy. Sounds like a bomb waiting to explode.