Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2022, 06:49 PM   #3901
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Quite a bit behind the times with this since it's been on Netflix for about a year but started the South Korean series Hellbound and it's surprisingly good. People get a vision that they're going to go to hell, and the time when it'll happen. When the time comes three demon type chaps turn up and beat them to death and then zap their body off to hell.

I was put off by it looking like a silly horror thing about devils, but it's really more about how people would react if it did happen. Panic, exploitation, etc.

Season one is only six episodes, but Season two is on the way.

Isn’t this by the Train to Busan guy? It’s on my list and I definitely want to watch it. Korean horror shows and films have rarely let me down.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 06:50 PM   #3902
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Andor is almost too good to be a Star Wars show, especially based on the last 30 or so years of the franchise.

This latest episode was fantastic and looked beautiful.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #3903
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Quite a bit behind the times with this since it's been on Netflix for about a year but started the South Korean series Hellbound and it's surprisingly good. People get a vision that they're going to go to hell, and the time when it'll happen. When the time comes three demon type chaps turn up and beat them to death and then zap their body off to hell.

I was put off by it looking like a silly horror thing about devils, but it's really more about how people would react if it did happen. Panic, exploitation, etc.

Season one is only six episodes, but Season two is on the way.

The Korean shows are mostly the only reason for keeping Netflix these days. Lots of good stuff if you can deal with subtitles.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:00 PM   #3904
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Isn’t this by the Train to Busan guy? It’s on my list and I definitely want to watch it. Korean horror shows and films have rarely let me down.

Apparently it is. Had to check IMDB, havent watched Train to Busan.

And yeah, have to go subtitles. Netflix dubbing it totally whack as I believe the young people say.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:05 PM   #3905
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Apparently it is. Had to check IMDB, havent watched Train to Busan.

If you like zombies and that type of genre, you'll love it. I wouldn't put it on par with my top US zombie movies but easily exceeds the Romero B movies.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:20 PM   #3906
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
If you like zombies and that type of genre, you'll love it. I wouldn't put it on par with my top US zombie movies but easily exceeds the Romero B movies.

Tell us more zombie movies you love and why? Just tell us everything.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:28 PM   #3907
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Tell us more zombie movies you love and why? Just tell us everything.

Zombies can't control that they aren't classy. They can't control themselves when triggered. And of course, they can't control themselves when trolling.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2022 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:28 PM   #3908
PilotMan
Head Coach

Is that why you love zombie movies?

Like Steam?

Old 10-13-2022, 11:44 PM   #3909
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Is that why you love zombie movies?

As reddit would say, low effort (class) post. Keep it up though, don't mind padding my post count by responding to triggered trolling.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:46 AM   #3910
Edward64
Head Coach

I've resumed watching The Americans (s5).

There was a snippet of Martha in Russia now. It was brutal what Philip did to her but assume there is more to her story.

I like how Agent Beeman stood up for his Russian counterpart. I definitely did not see that twist coming.

Don't know if Agent Beeman's girlfriend is a spy but even before Philip & Elizabeth theorized it, I was thinking it. I think yes.

I ff through the Paige stuff. Too much teenage angst for me to enjoy. But do think she is a great actress.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:54 PM   #3911
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished the season finale of Rings.

Some characters background revealed. Somewhat boring.

Overall, WoT > RoP
Old 10-17-2022, 10:08 PM   #3912
Edward64
Head Coach

Finished The Americans.

The series finale was fantastic. I would have liked a happier ending and I thought the priest thing was a little rushed, but the tension was so well paced. Especially the garage scene. And loved how it played out on the train.

FX needs to come back and do a 2 part special.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-17-2022 at 10:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2022, 12:10 PM   #3913
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

I concur. It was good zombie fun.
Old 10-20-2022, 12:11 PM   #3914
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Andor is almost too good to be a Star Wars show, especially based on the last 30 or so years of the franchise.

Andor is a great show. It's way smarter than Boba Fett and Obi Wan. It takes the time to build characters, even on the Empire's side. It's well worth checking out. For anyone on the fence about giving it a try, definitely give it at least the first 3 episodes before deciding that it isn't for you.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-20-2022 at 12:14 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 05:02 PM   #3915
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I guess Stage 1 of Operation: Home Profile is underway. I got an email from Netflix inviting me to transfer the profile of anyone using my account to a new account they set up. I assume at the beginning of 2023, I'll get an email threatening to shut down my account if people who don't reside with me are using my account.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:03 AM   #3916
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I guess Stage 1 of Operation: Home Profile is underway. I got an email from Netflix inviting me to transfer the profile of anyone using my account to a new account they set up. I assume at the beginning of 2023, I'll get an email threatening to shut down my account if people who don't reside with me are using my account.

They are going to start charging your account in 2023 $5 a month per extra user outside the house. So in my case I have kids at college that have been using it that will need to get their own accounts.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 07:13 AM   #3917
Ksyrup

I have no problem with legitimate abuse. For instance, my parents use our 5th slot and have for years. They should have their own account or I'll pay extra for them to use. But kids in college still live with their parents. Why would Netflix (of all things!) be different than things like cell phones, health insurance, car insurance, etc.?

I can't wait for Amazon to go this route next...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-25-2022, 08:09 AM   #3918
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I have no problem with legitimate abuse. For instance, my parents use our 5th slot and have for years. They should have their own account or I'll pay extra for them to use. But kids in college still live with their parents. Why would Netflix (of all things!) be different than things like cell phones, health insurance, car insurance, etc.?

I can't wait for Amazon to go this route next...

The problem is like everything else, the minority of people who abuse it screw it up for the rest of us.

We live 20 minutes from Six Flags. Get passes every year. Pay about $120 extra for the meal plan and always get our moneys worth. My kids split a chicken finger basket, I usually get a slice, and they can each get an ice cream or something. Also comes with a refillable drink bottle. That alone would cost over $60 so it is well worth it.

Well of course morons started abusing it, using it every day just to feed themselves or their family, then posted about it on tic tok so Six Flags shut it down. I was really pissed about that one because over the course of the year I am probably out 5-600 extra in food.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 12:06 PM   #3919
Ksyrup

Did anyone here ever do the Olive Garden anytime pass thing they used to do? Of course not, you value your health.

Anyway, a good friend of mine not only did it, he ate nearly every meal there for the 2 or 3 months the pass was good for. I remember him easily surpassing 100 meals. He would post/brag about it on FB. I suppose people like him are the reason they haven't brought that back.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:28 PM   #3920
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I also value my taste buds!

/zing/

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 10:18 PM   #3921
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
The Reboot on Hulu is funny, the cast is deep, and it works.

Still digging this. It should get way more attention than it's getting. Incredible cast, so funny.

Like Steam?

Old 10-26-2022, 06:13 AM   #3922
bob
College Starter

If any of you watched The Patient on Hulu, I'm curious what you thought of the finale.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:53 AM   #3923
Edward64
Head Coach

FWIW, been watching this YT channel to help me better understand Rings of Power

Nerd of the Rings - YouTube
Old 10-26-2022, 09:57 AM   #3924
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I concur. It was good zombie fun.

For a fellow zombie aficionado, check out Netflix's Rampant. Similar to The Kingdom in time and type of zombie (don't like the sunlight) but not a direct prequel/sequel.

I didn't like it as much as The Kingdom but some good zombie action.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:01 PM   #3925
Ksyrup

I don't watch new scripted shows/movies at all, but I'll probably make an exception for this show coming to Peacock in January. I don't know anything about Rian Johnson or Natasha Lyonne other than they are both huge Columbo fans, and this show is supposed to basically be the Columbo reboot that would have been too difficult to do under the Columbo name.

That may be way too promising an intro, but I'll definitely be giving it a shot seeing as though Columbo is my favorite show of all time.

Old 10-26-2022, 12:22 PM   #3926
Edward64
Head Coach

Nice. Wasn't a big Colombo (or the one with Husband & Wife?) fan but know about him.

Also, have to add "House of the Rising Sun" to my list.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:30 PM   #3927
Ksyrup

MacMillan and Wife, probably.

Or Hart to Hart!
Old 10-26-2022, 12:36 PM   #3928
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
MacMillan and Wife, probably.

Or Hart to Hart!

I was thinking Hart to Hart.

I'm pretty sure I would grimace now watching those old shows. But they were great for their time.
Old 10-26-2022, 12:47 PM   #3929
Ksyrup

Certainly, the 70s style and some less-than-appropriate characters/commentary come glaringly through, but Columbo will always work for me, no matter the setting. Frankly, the 70s episodes aged way better than the reboot from the late 80s and 90s.

The show had a rebirth of sorts during the pandemic - all of sudden I started seeing articles popping up about people binging the show and discovering/rediscovering how great it is and how different it is from most detective shows (it's not a whodunnit but howcatchem).
Old 10-26-2022, 01:01 PM   #3930
Atocep
Coordinator

The Netflix reboot of The Mole game show is pretty solid. The wife is a big fan of the original and really like this new season.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 09:34 PM   #3931
Edward64
Head Coach

A little more news (and one pic) on Amazon's Fallout series.

Amazon's Fallout TV series reveals its first official image | PC Gamer
Quote:
Production of Amazon's Fallout series was disrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic, and it currently does not have a release date. For now, we're optimistic for sometime around the middle of 2023, and we'll keep you posted.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:16 PM   #3932
Edward64
Head Coach

Saw Mr. Nobody yesterday. I liked it but was confusing. I read reviews after and things made more sense. I will have to rewatch it sometime.

Sad movie though. Thought provoking.
Old 10-28-2022, 02:45 PM   #3933
Edward64
Head Coach

Just saw a trailer for Netflix All quiet on the western front.

It looks good and … brutal
Old 10-29-2022, 03:57 PM   #3934
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Just saw a trailer for Netflix All quiet on the western front.

It looks good and … brutal

Great movie. Yup, brutal
Old 10-30-2022, 09:04 PM   #3935
Edward64
Head Coach

Watch "Clean" on Netflix.

Not great but solid entertaining action movie. Adrien Brody's nose was a little distracting.
Old 10-30-2022, 09:12 PM   #3936
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I realize that this crowd isn't likely to be that into rom-coms, but Mrs. A was in the mood for one on Friday, so we watched Set It Up on Netflix. Fun little movie. Very much in the classic 80s/90s style. Nothing groundbreaking, but well acted and well written. And I always prefer the heroines to be more really cute than hot, and the woman in this one fits the bill.

If you are looking for a date-night type of thing, you could do a lot worse.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:11 PM   #3937
Bobble
College Prospect

Any comments on The Peripheral?
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 12:50 PM   #3938
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Descendants on Netflix was a great doc about the finding of the last slave ship The Clotilda and how the Descendants of the slaves from that ship reacted.
Old 11-02-2022, 03:18 PM   #3939
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I know I sound like a broken record, but Andor remains amazing. It's shocking how good a show this is. It could be the best Star Wars material since Empire.

This is coming from someone who has said Star Wars is his favorite movie since I was seven years old and has spent more money than I am willing to admit on Mandalorian collectibles and a replica helmet!

The opening scene in this latest episode was so fucking good.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:50 PM   #3940
Ksyrup

Not sure where to put this, but it has to go somewhere, he says as his wife has already filled the first 3 pages of our DVR list with these movies...

Old 11-03-2022, 09:58 AM   #3941
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Not sure where to put this, but it has to go somewhere, he says as his wife has already filled the first 3 pages of our DVR list with these movies...

I watched one of these last year where the guy was a nutcracker come to life. Transported from the past or something.

So he didn't know the ways of the modern world, but the understood the spirt of Christmas. And love. And he banged Melissa John Hart, so that's something.

(I watched it before a How Did This Get Made streamed event).
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:07 PM   #3942
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Started watching Ghosts with out 12 year old. This show is great, really funny and a great mix of comedy with some nice poignant moments. The husband Jay has been in a lot of shows and is really funny. We are all really enjoying it.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 12:27 PM   #3943
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
IIRC, Amazon paid either 125M or 250M just for the rights, which, OK, they're swimming in money.

But I have to feel they could have used a fraction of that money to commission spec scripts from a variety of fantasy and/or scifi writers that could have been more easily turned into compelling TV than attempting to create compelling out of pre-existing IP with the significant restrictions on usage that we know about.

The consensus I see on the Intarwebs seems to amount to: "fun series, especially if you can ignore anything you know about Tolkien's universe" which I feel only reinforces my point above.

Give everyone shortlisted for a Hugo or Nebula (for the written awards, even short stories) in the past 5 years $1M to write some sort of spec script and develop one of those.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 02:34 PM   #3944
Edward64
Head Coach

Give Rothfuss $5-$10M to finish his 3rd book. Give him a % of the series profits.

He seems very focused on Worldbuilders which is admirable. But that type of money will (hopefully) encourage him to finish the darn thing.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:57 PM   #3945
RainMaker
General Manager

Like the Wheel of Time, the Lord of the Rings show sucked. Just make more seasons of Reacher or Patriot for like 2% the cost.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 08:46 PM   #3946
Edward64
Head Coach

Caught Netflix's Realive Realive (2016) - IMDb

Thought it was pretty well done. Some holes in the story line but the idea of someone emerging from the deep sleep, his challenges, and some hints of the future is pretty neat.
Old 11-08-2022, 06:55 AM   #3947
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Like the Wheel of Time, the Lord of the Rings show sucked. Just make more seasons of Reacher or Patriot for like 2% the cost.

I don’t know… I really enjoyed both.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:47 AM   #3948
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I enjoy them as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:56 AM   #3949
Edward64
Head Coach

So did I. But I do think WoT >> RoP.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:10 AM   #3950
21C
College Prospect

I just finished the final season of the Italian series Gomorrah (Gomorra) and what a wild ride it was. I think that it is available in the US either on Netflix or HBO Max but it is the story of the mafia primarily set in Naples. It was beautifully shot and the story had a lot of twists. It was akin to a Game of Thrones drama set in modern times and the lead, Salvatore Esposito, featured in the latest season of Fargo.

Five seasons and highly recommended.