Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-14-2016, 05:20 PM   #3801
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So Trump revealed his witness today. Let's look at his history:

Private Eye Street Of Shame: Mr Gilberthorpeā€™s Tory paedo files

Also, he was 17 at the time, and flying in first class? This is a bad joke.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #3802
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Trump spent 20 minutes today at one of the rallies wondering why Obama doesn't get the same amount of accusations aimed at him..

I'd guess it's for the same reason that no one teases Obama for having tiny hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
This is who the Trump campaign used as their witness. I'm almost more offended at his incompetence than his lack of character.

When after two days it's the best evidence in your favor you can come up with you may as well go for it.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-14-2016 at 05:23 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:48 PM   #3803
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

The group behind those signs is off-the-walls crazy. The guy who leads it is a black man who believes Obama is a figure from the Bible sent here to kill the world. He also considers child support to be a form of slavery.

Here's one of his old websites.

Latin Black & White Must Unite!!!! | Just another WordPress.com site
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 05:51 PM   #3804
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The group behind those signs is off-the-walls crazy. The guy who leads it is a black man who believes Obama is a figure from the Bible sent here to kill the world. He also considers child support to be a form of slavery.

Here's one of his old websites.

Latin Black & White Must Unite!!!! | Just another WordPress.com site

And he's probably more credible than the guy they just announced as a witness to refute the airplane allegations.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:28 PM   #3805
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
OMG. I just don't even know what to say anymore. So the first round of evidence Trump has released is a witness to debunk the airplane story...

Trump camp puts forward witness to refute sex assault claim | New York Post

Nothing groundbreaking in there. Just he said, she said stuff that Twitter could argue about forever. But then there's this. Two years earlier, this same guy made this accusation:

Tory child abuse whistleblower: 'I supplied underage rent boys for Margaret Thatcher's cabinet ministers' - Mirror Online

This is who the Trump campaign used as their witness. I'm almost more offended at his incompetence than his lack of character.

Yeah, we all vividly remember those flights with photographic memory from 30 years ago where nothing extraordinary happened...

Last edited by AlexB : 10-14-2016 at 07:29 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 09:57 PM   #3806
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't planning on voting for HRC but if I see trump thugs at my polling place I may consider it.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:16 PM   #3807
Kevin
High School JV

CBC ran an interview this evening with a journalism professor who indicated the People reporter had told him about her Trump encounter within hours of it happening. He advised her at the time not to pursue it as Trump would likely try try to ruin her career. Seems he was right.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:09 AM   #3808
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

A bit of a detour...

Down the street from me last weekend a couple, wife 7 months pregnant, lost everything in a fire hours after they moved in the last box to their new place. The fire was started next door from an illegal kitchen.

Anyway, there is a gofund me. It's been an amazing thing to behold in this particularly awful political month. Without asking who they are voting for, if they are legal, etc. the neighborhood has rallied around them. Most donations are anonymous. And the comments are: I have baby clothes for you, we have a spare room, we can bring you food, etc.

I really hope in 24 days we can once again use the light we all have in us to show the good we do and not as torch just exposing the monsters we think are in town.

end of rant.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 01:15 AM   #3809
mckerney
Coordinator

Private Eye Street Of Shame: Mr Gilberthorpeā€™s Tory paedo files

Quote:
SIR Keith Joseph! Sir Rhodes Boyson! Sir Michael Havers! All senior Tories from the Thatcher era, and every one of them a paedophile – at least according to Anthony Gilberthorpe, billed as the “Tory child abuse whistleblower” by the Sunday Mirror, which has been running a string of sensational exclusives based on his allegations.
Gilberthorpe, a former Gloucestershire county councillor and party activist, says that in 1989 he sent a 40-page dossier to Margaret Thatcher (a friend of his, or so he claims) accusing several of her cabinet ministers of “abusing underage boys at drug-fuelled conference parties”. And he should know, for he was paid to recruit underage rent-boys for the orgies.

Other newspapers, especially the Daily Mail, have eagerly recycled the story. But none has taken the precaution of warning readers that Gilberthorpe – known to his few remaining friends as “Gilby” – is not the most reliable of witnesses.

Phantom engagement
In September 1987, for example, he announced his engagement in the Times to Miss Leah Bergdorf-Hunt, a fashion designer from California. The Gloucester Express reported the news on its front page under the headline “Gilby to Marry”. It quoted Gilberthorpe as saying: "Both our families are delighted… I hope this will explain to a few people about my recent visits to America.” But there was no engagement, and indeed no Miss Bergdorf-Hunt. As revealed in Eye 690, the whole thing was a fantasy.

In 1988 – the year before he claims to have sent Thatcher his dossier – he was awarded almost £50,000 libel damages against the Gloucester Citizen, Daily Mirror and Sun, all of which had reported that he was resigning as a councillor “amid allegations that he is a homosexual, has the killer disease Aids and has obtained £250,000 in cash and property from a disabled old-age pensioner”.

The odd feature of the case was that the local news-agency reporter who had supplied the story identified his source as Gilberthorpe himself. Mark Mitchell told the court that Gilby had phoned him from a London hotel to announce that he was quitting as a councillor because a national newspaper was about to allege that he’d had treatment for Aids at a New York clinic.

Egg on face
Gilberthorpe’s version was that he said he would return to Gloucester that day to answer allegations that he’d acquired £250,000 from a former patient of a nursing home he owned. It was Mitchell who mentioned Aids, asking if he had it – to which Gilby said no. This account was corroborated by his friend Piers Merchant, a Tory MP who had been in Gilberthorpe’s hotel bedroom when he rang the news agency and heard the conversation.

Gilberthorpe never collected his £50,000, however. The three newspapers appealed, and dug out new information which cast serious doubt on the Gilby-Merchant version of events. Gilberthorpe delayed and delayed, and eventually settled before the appeal came to court. The newspapers paid not a penny in damages and contributed only £5,000 to his legal costs – leaving him very much out of pocket and with egg all over his face.

Shopped his friend
And what of Piers Merchant MP, who had so gallantly testified for his chum? In 1997 he and his young mistress, Anna Cox, went to stay for the weekend with Gilberthorpe. Shortly afterwards they were amazed to see quotes from their pillow-talk and photos of them in bed splashed all over the Sunday Mirror. Gilby, it transpired, had fitted out the spare-room with hidden cameras and microphones and shopped his loyal friend to the tabloid for £25,000.

How much the Sunday Mirror has paid him this time is not known. He has no evidence to support his claims about Keith Joseph, Michael Havers et al – but at least they are all conveniently dead and in no fit state to sue.

EXTREME VETTING
Old 10-15-2016, 01:36 AM   #3810
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Pedophilia accusations seem to be popping up way too frequently these days. Maybe Eyes Wide Shut was more truthful than I thought and Donald Trump is to this what Jose Canseco was to steroids. (This is the claim that I'm suspicious of, on both sides, though it is clear that both men ran in the same circle as Epstein before he went to jail.)

Donald Trump will face child rape charges in court, says lawyer for alleged victim | The Independent

Bill Clinton jumped aboard 'Lolita Express' for junkets along with Jeffrey Epstein | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by BishopMVP : 10-15-2016 at 01:38 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:23 AM   #3811
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

This popped up on my FB feed. It's from someone in my home town, and it's very representative of the "support" I've seen for Trump and the tribalism that we were recently discussing. I think for the liberals on the board in particular, this is worth a read for the instructional value, if nothing else.
Quote:
Ok, so here's my quadrennial political rant.

I'm voting Republican...for Trump.

Do I condone the things he said on the tapes? Absolutely not!

Although disgusted, I was not at all surprised or shocked. Do I believe, as some say, that that was 11 years ago and he's a changed man? Nope. I would be no more shocked if they produced similar tapes that were recorded last Thursday.

I've never liked him. He is a self promoting, egotistical, obnoxious person, who, by his own words, has never done anything that he needed forgiveness for, so he's never asked for forgiveness. The Bible says it's not for us to judge a man's soul, but I'm going out on a limb and say it's pretty doubtful he's a Christian, since forgiveness and repentance is a pretty integral part of salvation.

Of the 17 original Republican candidates, he was 17th on my list. If there had been 25 more, he'd have been 42nd.

I'm a Christian, a conservative and a Republican.. Trump is, although not a traditional one, a Republican. One out of three is the best we can do here.

BUT......

This election is all about the Supreme Court. Hilary and Bill are just evil, despicable people, but the Democratic party is WORSE.

If they win, and two more liberal Justices come in for life, we're toast.
I know, God's ultimately in control and no one can trump that. We've been moving away from God as a country for years, but the last 4 years, we've taken such a left turn it's been unbelievable. If Hilary wins, we could literally see:

Abortion legalized to end a baby's life for up to one year AFTER birth just because it's the mother's choice.

Older people euthanized within 5 years of becoming unproductive.

Continuance of moving toward Iran and Cuba and moving away from Israel, continued depleting of our military, and ignoring ISIS.

It could become legal to decide you've always felt like you wanted to become a horse or a goat - male or female-and just declare you are one, then marry your chicken - or your rooster- as you choose, and get welfare and medical paid for with a 75% tax rate on working people.

We all need to vote. I think we all know the independents have NO chance to win so a vote for them is like staying home and letting the choice be made by the people voting Dem or Rep.

No matter how sleazy I may feel in the voters booth, I'm voting for the lesser of two VERY EVIL evils.
I think this is precisely the sort of thinking that is behind the comments that Carson made yesterday. While he didn't address the sexual assault allegations directly, it's pretty clear that to this guy (and to Carson,) it's not about who Trump is or what he does, and as such, it appears to be completely immaterial to him if Trump committed sexual assault. So, yeah, if you think that liberal Supreme Court justices are about the worst thing that could happen to this country, "it doesn't matter if she's telling the truth" about the allegations.
Old 10-15-2016, 04:59 AM   #3812
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
If Hilary wins, we could literally see:

Abortion legalized to end a baby's life for up to one year AFTER birth just because it's the mother's choice.

Older people euthanized within 5 years of becoming unproductive.

Honest question - is there a left-wing counterpart to this sort of stuff?
Things that the left is saying that Trump (or the too-conservative-for-them flavor of the month) would do if elected, that are pretty demonstrably both not being argued for, and obviously not politically viable?

The back-to-the-coat-hanger-abortion trope is about the best I can conjure off the top of my head, but even that at least fits with a position taken by many on the other side (it just fails the viability test).

I suspect I'm just missing things... there's plenty of despicability on both side of the aisle.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 05:46 AM   #3813
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Honest question - is there a left-wing counterpart to this sort of stuff?
Things that the left is saying that Trump (or the too-conservative-for-them flavor of the month) would do if elected, that are pretty demonstrably both not being argued for, and obviously not politically viable?

The back-to-the-coat-hanger-abortion trope is about the best I can conjure off the top of my head, but even that at least fits with a position taken by many on the other side (it just fails the viability test).

I suspect I'm just missing things... there's plenty of despicability on both side of the aisle.
What's interesting is that there's no indication that this guy is some way-out-there uneducated conspiracy theorist. I don't know him (it showed up on my feed because one of our many mutual friends re-posted,) but based on his job title and the recent renaming of the business, it's obvious that he replaced one of my very good friends and mentors (who was a groomsman at my wedding) as one of the partners in a very successful real estate firm when my friend retired (my friend's last name was recently replaced with this guy's last name.) I know the other three partners as well, and I am quite confident that they wouldn't share partnership with a nutjob or a nitwit. And beyond that, here's a quick capsule of a few of the people I know who "liked", responded positively, or re-posted the above:

1. Another one of my groomsmen. He's a bank exec in his early 50s. (I related the story here back in July of having lunch with five other guys in Columbus, four of whom were all planning to hold their nose and vote for Trump. He was one of the guys at that lunch and clearly he's still a nose-holder.)
2. One of the smartest people I knew in Junior High. He's a year older than me. We were in the gifted program together. He's an Aerospace Engineering grad from GT.
3. A Mortgage company VP Liked it. High school friend. Have hung out with her/her family multiple times in adulthood. Perfectly pleasant/normal folks.
4. Georgia State Senator Seth Harp gave it a Like.

Of course, that's not the suggest that the "Likes" indicate 100% agreement with the most out-there stuff, but clearly there's *something* causing otherwise-reasonable people to stick with Trump regardless of what he says/does and with eyes wide open to what a scumbag he is. We're that divided, folks.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 10-15-2016 at 05:47 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:14 AM   #3814
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Well, it's the internet. I'm sure you can find some liberal somewhere spouting off something roughly equivalent, though I'm not sure exactly what it would be. Probably something along the lines of Trump will suspend the Constitution, invoke martial law, and start rounding people up into deportation camps like the Nazis did.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:21 AM   #3815
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Of course, that's not the suggest that the "Likes" indicate 100% agreement with the most out-there stuff, but clearly there's *something* causing otherwise-reasonable people to stick with Trump regardless of what he says/does and with eyes wide open to what a scumbag he is. We're that divided, folks.

If one is absolutely terrified that replacing Antonin Scalia with Merrick Garland will result in a Court that forces the States to allow first trimester abortions without exception then yes, I kinda-sorta get the "hold my nose" vote for Trump.

Anyone who thinks that a barely-left-of-center Clinton Presidency with a likely 50/50 Senate and a probable GOP House is going to run roughshod over 1st and 2nd amendment rights, raise taxes by double-digits, to say nothing of the things posted by the guy you quote are simply products of the GOP's normalization of the conspiracy theory wing of the party for the purpose of driving out votes. There is simply no similar movement on the left. The Occupiers and the Bernie Bros were the only things that came remotely close, and it was pretty weak at that.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:18 AM   #3816
miked
College Starter

I mean, can you fix that kind of stupid? Kill old people, allow after birth abortions (that may be the dumbest thing I've heard). For a group of religious people so hell bent on controlling a pregnant woman's body, I find it deplorable that they mostly oppose all the things that could help prevent it. Look a Colorado's free IUD program and birth control, drastically reduced unwanted pregnancy levels, abortions, and saved the state money. But we can't do that because ABSTINENCE!

When my wife and I were having issues getting pregnant, we saw an adoption counselor who told us it could take over $50k, over 3 years, and we still may not get a baby. Maybe turn the focus off of a supreme court that decided something 40 years ago and has held despite conservative appointments, and actually focus on the cause. Oh, because then they could not scare dopey people like that guy in your facebook feed to vote for them.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #3817
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Listening to Trump's rhetoric in recent speeches, he is whipping people into an angry frenzy and encouraging them to violence. There are absolutely going to be incidents at polling stations and more generally if Clinton wins.

To quote a famous Republican:

It's a toxic combination of elements.

--Angry supporters who distrust "the system" in general
--Hated opponent
--Candidate possibly too insecure to accept defeat
Old 10-15-2016, 09:48 AM   #3818
Ben E Lou

Awesome. Headed over to Twitter after making that post. First thing to pop up in my feed?

Old 10-15-2016, 10:02 AM   #3819
Ben E Lou

Gracious. Just checked *his* account, all from this morning.

Old 10-15-2016, 10:35 AM   #3820
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Awesome. Headed over to Twitter after making that post. First thing to pop up in my feed?

Quote:
“Trump said to watch you precincts. I’m going to go, for sure,” said Steve Webb, a 61-year-old carpenter from Fairfield, Ohio.

“I’ll look for . . . well, it’s called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can’t speak American,” he said. “I’m going to go right up behind them. I’ll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I’m not going to do anything illegal. I’m going to make them a little bit nervous.”

I highly doubt that.

Also, I can't help but wonder what he thinks Syrians look like. My guess is anyone who isn't white that doesn't look Mexican to him. And if speaking proper "American" were a prerequisite to voting no way this guy gets to cast a ballot.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:50 AM   #3821
whomario
Pro Starter

Any chance Elon Musk can convince him to go to Mars ? And move up the timetable ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:52 AM   #3822
Ben E Lou

I've started up a blog where I've been discussing "controversial" topics. Just posted an entry about this stuff:

Concerns About Violence November 8 And Beyond – Uncomfortable Places
Old 10-15-2016, 11:06 AM   #3823
Thomkal
Head Coach

The thing is what do Trump's followers think is going to happen if Clinton is assassinated? Trump is going to roll down Penn. Ave in a tank, and take over? Pretty sure he will be arrested and/or killed shortly after such an event. And take over from a Democratic President just like that? I think not.
Old 10-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #3824
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The thing is what do Trump's followers think is going to happen if Clinton is assassinated? Trump is going to roll down Penn. Ave in a tank, and take over? Pretty sure he will be arrested and/or killed shortly after such an event. And take over from a Democratic President just like that? I think not.

Maybe they also plan to take out Kaine, which would make the President.... Paul Ryan. That might piss them off even more.

Old 10-15-2016, 12:03 PM   #3825
mckerney
Coordinator

Given Trump's typical projection this should just about confirm his pre-debate cocaine use.

SNIFF
Old 10-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #3826
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
You are assuming that people who rant about people who don't "speak American" understand the order of succession. And that's not to mention that Mr. Bowman wasn't merely talking about assassinating HRC. He said "coup" with "a lot of bloodshed."Delusions of grandeur? Sure.
Old 10-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #3827
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
You are assuming that people who rant about people who don't "speak American" understand the order of succession. And that's not to mention that Mr. Bowman wasn't merely talking about assassinating HRC. He said "coup" with "a lot of bloodshed."Delusions of grandeur? Sure.

Roger Stone clarified that it would be a non-violent bloodbath though.

Last edited by mckerney : 10-15-2016 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #3828
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Paul Ryan just tweeted that women aren't paid enough and the House is going to get to work on that. Meanwhile, he still hasn't withdrawn his Trump endorsement.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:52 PM   #3829
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Trump campaign announced that they are cutting ties with the GOP chairman in Ohio.

Yeah, I don't understand.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #3830
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The Trump campaign announced that they are cutting ties with the GOP chairman in Ohio.

With their non-existent ground game they don't need the help of the state GOP organization to win a crucial swing state.

Trump also went with the claim that all the women accusing him of sexual assault are liars because no one respects women more than he does. Because even if he is completely innocent noting says respect for women more than explaining how some of them are just too darn ugly for you to have sexually violated them.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:10 PM   #3831
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

He had the "audacity" to criticize Trump after the Access Hollywood tape and other things. He's apparently an ally of John Kasich:

Trump campaign splits with top GOP official in Ohio - POLITICO
Old 10-15-2016, 03:09 PM   #3832
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

Roger Stone clarified that it would be a non-violent bloodbath though.

Do these idiots understand how elections work in this country? State and local officials are in charge of the elections. So if this is "rigged", it would require a rather large undertaking and involve both Democrats and Republicans working together.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:18 PM   #3833
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

This election cycle has been entertaining. The Supreme Court is something that folks are not paying attention too. Ginsberg should have retired two years ago and allowed Obama to appoint someone in her place who was young enough to serve for 20 years.
Old 10-15-2016, 03:19 PM   #3834
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Do these idiots understand how elections work in this country? State and local officials are in charge of the elections. So if this is "rigged", it would require a rather large undertaking and involve both Democrats and Republicans working together.

It's the same campaign that thinks the nation's fire marshals are conspiring against them, of course they don't know how elections work.

Let's not forget Donald's reaction to the last presidential election.

Old 10-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #3835
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
This election cycle has been entertaining. The Supreme Court is something that folks are not paying attention too. Ginsberg should have retired two years ago and allowed Obama to appoint someone in her place who was young enough to serve for 20 years.

Wouldn't have been ideologically comparable to Ginsburg. Not unless Reid had gone full nuclear option, with all of the long-term ramifications thereof.

Any replacement would have been stonewalled and filibustered to infinity and beyond. Best Obama would have been able to hope for is a moderate, same as the Scalia opening. His ability to appoint anybody to the left of Garland died with the 2010 elections.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 04:36 PM   #3836
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Wouldn't have been ideologically comparable to Ginsburg. Not unless Reid had gone full nuclear option, with all of the long-term ramifications thereof.

Any replacement would have been stonewalled and filibustered to infinity and beyond. Best Obama would have been able to hope for is a moderate, same as the Scalia opening. His ability to appoint anybody to the left of Garland died with the 2010 elections.

A left leaning moderate ain't bad
Old 10-15-2016, 05:42 PM   #3837
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I've started up a blog where I've been discussing "controversial" topics. Just posted an entry about this stuff:

Concerns About Violence November 8 And Beyond – Uncomfortable Places
I shouldn't be concerned at all, given how local law enforcement officers are helping to calm things down.

Old 10-15-2016, 05:51 PM   #3838
AlexB
Pro Starter

Honestly, I thought this election was funny for a while.

Then I worried that the polls were skewed because people were slightly ashamed of voting Trump.

But now, America, you've jumped the shark. Just can't take this shit seriously any more.
Old 10-15-2016, 06:00 PM   #3839
bhlloy
Coordinator

To be fair mate, most of the rest of the world feels the same about Brexit.

That being said, yeah this is pretty pathetic.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:18 PM   #3840
AlexB
Pro Starter

fair point. I would also add that despite anyone's view on Brexit, the maddest personality was Boris, and while on the surface he is a bit like Trump without the rapey stuff and the violent rhetoric, the important part of that phrase is 'without the rapey stuff and the violent rhetoric'
Old 10-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #3841
AlexB
Pro Starter

Dola, both Brexit and POTUS have been abysmal adverts for democracy.
HRC - MO seems to be 'give em enough rope'...
Leave / Remain - both sides ran terrible campaigns and seemingly tried to out-do the other in the brazen lies and fearmongering stakes
Trump. Just no.

Between one of the oldest democracies and one of the greatest countries in the world, we haven't done ourselves any favours in the last six months.

Last edited by AlexB : 10-15-2016 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #3842
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
I've started up a blog where I've been discussing "controversial" topics.

Of course, if you look at Trump's behavior over the past two weeks differently, playing devil's advocate here, you see someone who logically knows the election is lost, but is looking to get the best possible start to his own cable television channel possible. And, to go further, he'll use that platform to either continue to re-make the GOP (becoming a Kingmaker, which he's definitely prefer to being POTUS) or create a replacement for the GOP.

There, QuikSand, I've created the left-wing version of the conspiracies Ben posted.
Old 10-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #3843
Easy Mac

Went to a Catholic Church in fort Walton, FL tonight while on vacation. The priest went on for 20 minutes about how Marxist Communists have infiltrated American politics to erode liberties of Christians.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #3844
tarcone
Coordinator

I dont think the election is lost. You guys see the polls, but who do they call? Rural voters or do they concentrate on urban voters.

I see an election a lot closer then you think. And those tweets by Trump are going to fire people up.

Liberals continue to underestimate Trump. Big mistake. You are so out of touch with rural America.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 10-15-2016 at 08:54 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #3845
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I dont think the election is lost. You guys see the polls, but who do they call? Rural voters or do they concentrate on urban voters.

I see an election a lot closer then you think. And those tweets by Trump are going to fire people up.

You should really take a look at 538 and how they measure polls. As of right now this election isn't close and a Trump win would be unprecedented in an American Presidential election.

Trump doesn't need people fired up right now. He needs a miracle.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:05 PM   #3846
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Trump doesn't need people fired up right now. He needs a miracle.

and about 5 light blue states to turn red, not to mention keeping all of the red states red.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:17 PM   #3847
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Liberals continue to underestimate Trump. Big mistake. You are so out of touch with rural America.

Or, demographics more likely to support Trump are also demographics more likely to respond to polling. Pollsters aren't so stupid to only call people in NYC and LA.

Trump may win. The polls may be wrong. But at this point, the overwhelming likelihood is that Trump will lose.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #3848
tarcone
Coordinator

I can see both those things happening.

EDIT: Before JPhillips post.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15

Last edited by tarcone : 10-15-2016 at 09:19 PM.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #3849
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I dunno with this "you people" talk started but it just reads really fucking weird in this thread. You're so angry at everyone, but "us liberals" underestimating trump is the way for you to get what you want, isn't this a good thing?

I just don't understand what you want.

Last edited by Radii : 10-15-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 09:21 PM   #3850
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote: