Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2008, 06:47 PM   #3751
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
im 400 posts behind alan T

Alan's percentage of total posts last game without hoops was 7.9% and now this game with hoops is 13.2%.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #3752
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, it looks like SuperHoops caught Chubby with his hand in the cookie jar. This one feels good. After this, oliegirl seems like the obvious target for tomorrow.

VOTE CHUBBY
Old 07-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #3753
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Alan's percentage of total posts last game without hoops was 7.9% and now this game with hoops is 13.2%.

i think they make a great couple!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #3754
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Well, it looks like SuperHoops caught Chubby with his hand in the cookie jar. This one feels good. After this, oliegirl seems like the obvious target for tomorrow.

VOTE CHUBBY

hoops is aluding that hes gonna kill her via vigilanty.... hopefully get us to one spawn or two.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #3755
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
hoops is aluding that hes gonna kill her via vigilanty.... hopefully get us to one spawn or two.

Ah, ok.

Damn. I read everything, pay attention, and STILL misunderstand things.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #3756
KWhit
Coordinator

Hmmmm.....

I hope you guys are right about Chubby. I did a double take at his 2 role reveal as well, but after thinking it over, I just assumed that he was claiming to be incorruptable in order to keep the Spawn from converting him. It would be very Chubby-like to assume that they'd come after him after his reveal (even though there were better targets out there), so I'm thinking this isn't as cut-and-dried as the rest of you are.

Having said all of that, it looks like Chubby is Spawn, but I'm not convinced that it is the case. I'm certainly not defending the guy, but I wanted to post my POV before lynch.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #3757
hoopsguy
General Manager

KWhit, the Spawn would know if they attacked him - we would not. So the lie would only be effective on the villagers.

I guess you can make the argument that the Spawn Council might not know if it was the action of an independent Spawn, but that is stretching my willing suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:36 PM   #3758
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Hmmmm.....

I hope you guys are right about Chubby. I did a double take at his 2 role reveal as well, but after thinking it over, I just assumed that he was claiming to be incorruptable in order to keep the Spawn from converting him. It would be very Chubby-like to assume that they'd come after him after his reveal (even though there were better targets out there), so I'm thinking this isn't as cut-and-dried as the rest of you are.

Having said all of that, it looks like Chubby is Spawn, but I'm not convinced that it is the case. I'm certainly not defending the guy, but I wanted to post my POV before lynch.

Not trying to make myself look like an instigator, but your post seems like one of those "I'm with ya, but if you're all wrong, I told you so!!!" type things.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #3759
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
KWhit, the Spawn would know if they attacked him - we would not. So the lie would only be effective on the villagers.

I guess you can make the argument that the Spawn Council might not know if it was the action of an independent Spawn, but that is stretching my willing suspension of disbelief to the breaking point.

Chubby's comment about being incorruptible was that he was attacked on the away mission which is independant I think of the player spawn roles. (Just a flat % chance). It was only when he then later said he was also the empath that I questioned him about it.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #3760
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

No, no. That's not what I was getting at. I think I forgot that Chubby claimed he was attacked and that's how he learned he was incorruptible.

But you're right. It doesn't make sense in that scenario. I retract my previous statement.

Unvote Oliegirl
Vote Chubby
Old 07-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #3761
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Two questions regarding events that I assumed would have been completed by the time I got home (now)..

What happened to:

1) Hoops doing something with his action

and

2) The engineers working on the slave pens today?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #3762
Danny
Head Coach

I think we all worked on the slave pens today, so they should be fixed
Old 07-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #3763
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've submitted my order - I would ask that you put ask KWhit to put in a conditional to BK if you do not trust that I did.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #3764
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Not trying to make myself look like an instigator, but your post seems like one of those "I'm with ya, but if you're all wrong, I told you so!!!" type things.

Nah. I wasn't around for much of the day so I didn't get a chance to weigh in on Chubby until now. I felt like I wanted to at least get my thoughts out there before lynch (even though it's likely too late, and I don't advocate changing at this point anyway since it sounds like Hoops is going to go after Olie in a different way).
Old 07-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #3765
hoopsguy
General Manager

Order was sent at 3:54 PM (CST) and included both my day and night orders (I asked BK if this was acceptable in that post). I know me posting this does not make it so, but it really is so.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #3766
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I've submitted my order - I would ask that you put ask KWhit to put in a conditional to BK if you do not trust that I did.

I can do that.

I have had to catch up a lot over the past hour so I could be missing something, but is there anything else I should put my AP on tonight?
Old 07-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #3767
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can do that.

I have had to catch up a lot over the past hour so I could be missing something, but is there anything else I should put my AP on tonight?

If someone can go through and verify that all of the engineers went to work on the slave pens it would be helpful.. If any of them didn't, you probably want to send them an order to do so.... So we can have the pens fixed during the day phase and not risk any more revolts.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #3768
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

If no one else can, I have to shower but then will be back in a bit and can try to do it before deadline.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:55 PM   #3769
Danny
Head Coach

I'll go through and check real quick
Old 07-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #3770
Danny
Head Coach

Claphamsa, PurdueBrad, Tyrith and myself are all confirmed as working on the slave pens.

I did not see a post from Jeheinz indicating he put in his order or a post from BK saying he worked on them. You guys should put in an order for that.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #3771
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think that JE has posted today.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #3772
hoopsguy
General Manager

And if he hasn't be now, he probably won't as his usual routine is to post from work. Home, not so much.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:04 PM   #3773
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Jeheinz said last week he would be away till tuesday but put in conditionals.. since we haven't seen anything from BK though probably do want to put one in for him kwhit
Old 07-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #3774
KWhit
Coordinator

Where should I order him to work?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:16 PM   #3775
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Where should I order him to work?

I believe there was only 4 damage on the slave pens to start the day and if everyone Danny listed worked on the slave pens did so without faking work, then it should be complete...

so:

A) Slave pens to make sure no one faked work

or

B) Security HQ to get a head start on it for tonight
Old 07-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #3776
KWhit
Coordinator

Okey dokey. Order sent.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #3777
Danny
Head Coach

Someone should unvote Chubby and vote for Alan to get some action going here. Such a slow deadline.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:56 PM   #3778
KWhit
Coordinator

Too bad Hoops and Alan aren't here to "discuss" each others' trustworthiness so more.

Then we'd see action.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #3779
KWhit
Coordinator

4 minutes to deadline and I'm the only one in the thread? Weird.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #3780
KWhit
Coordinator

Excuse me. 3 minutes to deadline when I typed that.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #3781
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Too bad Hoops and Alan aren't here to "discuss" each others' trustworthiness so more.

Then we'd see action.

If I don't give Hoops crap the entire game, we'll never set a WW posting record.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 PM   #3782
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sorry, was distracted by the "pee in the shower" poll. Sadly, I'm finding myself aligned with an IU fan.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #3783
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I just want to know what the number is for Spawn I need to play a role in bringing to the forefront for lynch before you cut me a bit of slack. That's all
Old 07-14-2008, 09:05 PM   #3784
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, I just want to know what the number is for Spawn I need to play a role in bringing to the forefront for lynch before you cut me a bit of slack. That's all

if you help bring us 5 more spawn, I will give you slack. I promise.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #3785
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm at post 3639. Will post results as soon as I catch-up.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #3786
hoopsguy
General Manager

Do I need to work on a final "distrust" list here, Alan? If so, tell me and I'll try to type quickly.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #3787
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Whoops. I had forgotten to post JH's action, which he'd sent in conditionally. That and some end of the day one's shortly.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #3788
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Do I need to work on a final "distrust" list here, Alan? If so, tell me and I'll try to type quickly.

No, I huff and puff alot, but I do like to think that I let my gut take a back seat to logic at times.

No other vigilantes stood up, and if you and Chubby both are bad, then we're done for anyway without that help..

so because of that, I'm forced to trust you. We kill off Chubby and I hope that you are good. All along I've said you were a low percentage mathematical play, and I'm not one to jump at low percentages in games like this.

When I put in my order previously it was actually to duke oliegirl, I honestly was trying to figure out what you were doing suddenly switching stances on Chubby and now playing to what I felt was my point from days before. So I thought perhaps you were trying to keep oliegirl alive a bit longer (as if she had a more important role or something)..

But the longer I looked at the scenerio, it came back to if you and Chubby are both bad, we're probably doomed anyways.. so no real options but to try to trust you. My biggest problem this game is despite myself being cleared every which way from left, and vouching for the other people in the COT, you seemed to have constantly tried to undermine it as well as give logic that completely is opposite of what I believed to be true (ie: your thought that Telle was a starting spawn, or your pushing for Render to be lynched instead of Telle, etc)...

When it all is said and done, I try to think things through logically even if I wanted to duke you just to get you to stop pushing everyone a completely opposite way of what I feel is logical
Old 07-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #3789
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hell, I'll do it anyway:

Distrust - most distrusted, moving down from there:
Olie (going to night kill)
Saldana (too many data points that suggest Spawn)
Bullet (exhausted without reason a couple of times after nights with suspected spawn attacks)
Clap (no scan as engineer)
Danny (prime conversion target among engineer, don't think he is all that likely a key spawn role)
Heinz (initial distrust target, tied to Danny, if Spawn I think he is starting Spawn)
Packer (makes more sense to convert other scientist if they had him in fold, but pretty close to neutral)

Trust without reason:
Tyrith - if he is bad he has done a good job of mirroring my thoughts on value of kills this game, making early moves

Trust with reason:
Alan/KWhit - think they have been cleared enough ways by now
Pass - duplicant
Schmidty - duplicant, only one chance to be converted
Mrs Schmidty - cleared today by Pass

I may be missing a person or two in one of these lists, but trying to get it up before results.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:15 PM   #3790
hoopsguy
General Manager

Oh, and Telle's action was coordinated. Believe me now, believe me later, believe me post-game - doesn't matter that much to me but I think failure to believe me leads to ignoring a data point. Not the end of the world, but I would prefer we use all the tools at our disposal.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #3791
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is critically important for Mrs Schmidty to make good use of her action this evening - the other people with guard actions are compromised.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #3792
Barkeep49
Coordinator

JH, little observed had followed Tyrith around all day and had started work in the slave pens earlier in the day. hoops earlier in the day also saw to it that Mrs. Schmidty knew that she was going to be the new Sargent-at-Arms. How this would be with the post occupied was left open to a barely concealed plan.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-14-2008 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #3793
hoopsguy
General Manager

Henry, are you enjoying the ride?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:22 PM   #3794
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, I'm back. Doesn't look like much has changed. I'll be on and off for the rest of the evening.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:26 PM   #3795
Barkeep49
Coordinator

“Crew,” Alan announces just as the killing is about to begin. “We have been lucky so far. We will not count on luck any more. I have ordered that the slaves be killed.”

And with that there is no postponing the death any longer. There is excitement in the air as the crew has been 100% successful so far at rooting out the Spawn. And tonight is no different as the body of
Chubby is revealed to have inside of it a spawn!

Room Reports
Engine Room – Operational (Undamaged)
Water Plant – Operational (Undamaged)
Cargo Hold - Damaged 3 cycles to repair (Maximum Capacity: 125 units)
Water Supply – 23 units (Enough reserves for for just barely over 1 day at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 95 units (at least 75 required)
Security Headquarters Damaged 3 cycles to repair
Brig -
Weapons Locker – 3 unspent phasers (2 spent)

Slave Pens – Operational (Undamaged)
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 23 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 0 people to sleep)

The Crew

Command Staff
Captain - Alan T Exhausted
First Officer – Kwhit Exhausted
Second Officer - Hoopsguy Exhausted

Chief Engineer - Tyrith Exhausted

Engineers
PurdueBrad Exhuasted
Danny Exhuasted
JeHeinz72 Exhuasted
Claphamsa Exhuasted

Medical Staff
Doctor - Passacagalia Exhausted
Medic - The Jackal Exhausted
Medic - bulletsponge Exhausted

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - oliegirl Exhausted
Galley Master - Schmidty Exhausted
Slavemaster – Saldana Exhausted
Security Crewman - Mrs. Schmidty Exhausted

Scientists

PackerFanatic Exhausted

Deceased
Telle - Spawn
mccollins – Survivor
Lonestargirl – Spawn
Marc Vaughn – Survivor
path12 - Survivor
RendeR - Survivor
Chubby - Spawn
Old 07-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #3796
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good to get a Spawn, but was hoping for a special. Maybe we'll have better luck tonight.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #3797
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Good to get a Spawn, but was hoping for a special. Maybe we'll have better luck tonight.

Ditto. My orders are in to work on the security HQ so we can get some protection again. Hopefully Heinz and Tyrith will do the same, while Danny and Claph will work on the cargo hold.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:32 PM   #3798
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

three in a row is great, but the fact that they have all been unevolved has me worried...how many more are out there..they have to have someone with a role.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #3799
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, would we learn if we had bagged a Spawn with a secret role? I think you have said we would learn if we got something like the Queen, but does that hold true for something like Mind Leech, Psionic Connection, etc?
Old 07-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #3800
The Jackal
Coordinator

Hopefully they don't get a triple kill again..
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote