PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Oliegirl
vote Chubby
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #3652
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Always the same ole stuff," mutters Tyrith as he trudges to the Slave Pens.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #3653
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Just to be clear, Hoops was trying to say Chubby was cleared earlier until I pushed on that.

You are the man, Alan.

Posting a list of "in-thread" clears, while trying to work through the logic around them, and asking for feedback is a little different than how you are portraying it.

Just how many Spawn do you need me to catch before you actually assume that I'm trying to catch Spawn instead of covering my own Unaware Spawn tracks? Clearly it is more than two.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #3654
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
You are the man, Alan.

Posting a list of "in-thread" clears, while trying to work through the logic around them, and asking for feedback is a little different than how you are portraying it.

Just how many Spawn do you need me to catch before you actually assume that I'm trying to catch Spawn instead of covering my own Unaware Spawn tracks? Clearly it is more than two.

I just wonder if you would have "figured out Chubby" if I hadn't been adamant that he wasn't cleared when you posted that.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:41 PM   #3655
Tyrith
College Starter

I would take the opposite stance. We have a couple of spawn dead to rights at this point. There's no reason for us getting frisky and taking chances right now. We take our kills and minimize the damage we take at night. This means after that we can take as much time as we need to find the last one or two -- their ability to win the game before we figure out what's going on will be gone, and we can afford to make mistakes.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #3656
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I don't understand what you mean by 1:1

I mean it says there is a group.....

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:48 PM   #3657
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I just wonder if you would have "figured out Chubby" if I hadn't been adamant that he wasn't cleared when you posted that.

It definitely helped jog my memory. I think you can see that I posted the question to Barkeep almost immediately after you stated he had not been in any way effectively cleared.

Could you try and be happy that we are catching Spawn in lies in the thread rather than continuing some kind of grim crusade against me? Please?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #3658
Tyrith
College Starter

Hm, hoops seems to think he's doing a good job, maybe we should just lynch him to keep him in line! :P
Old 07-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #3659
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I can't spy or guard people anymore thanks to moving up the ranks so the game is going to get a little more dull for me.

Are we going to have phasers for tonight?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #3660
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Well, I can't spy or guard people anymore thanks to moving up the ranks so the game is going to get a little more dull for me.

Are we going to have phasers for tonight?

No, security HQ is going to be fixed tonight. And we'd probably have to spend all your and KWhit's AP getting them assigned correctly, anyway.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #3661
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wouldn't we rather lynch olie, so that someone else can take her place and protect certain people, like maybe a seer? Or would no one take her place until the next day?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #3662
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Wouldn't we rather lynch olie, so that someone else can take her place and protect certain people, like maybe a seer? Or would no one take her place until the next day?

No one would take her place until the next day, but you scanned Mrs.Schmidty, shouldn't you feel confident in her ability to protect you?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:01 PM   #3663
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, just so I have it for tonight then:

Tyrith, JEHeinz72, and I will work on the security HQ

Claphamsa and Danny should work on the cargo hold

Correct?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #3664
hoopsguy
General Manager

As long as she understands who is a doctor this time around

It still bugs me that the Spawn felt comfortable taking their shot at both last night.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:05 PM   #3665
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
No one would take her place until the next day, but you scanned Mrs.Schmidty, shouldn't you feel confident in her ability to protect you?

I feel confident in her ability to protect The Jackal.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:07 PM   #3666
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
As long as she understands who is a doctor this time around

It still bugs me that the Spawn felt comfortable taking their shot at both last night.

If they've got three shots, they might as well have gone for both of them. I figure they were hoping that one of them was left unprotected, and scored a bonus with getting two. Were Mrs. Schmidty and olie the only ones who could protect people? If that's the case, and if olie was spawn, then they KNEW one had to be unprotected, but not which one. So it makes sense to go for both and hope to get one.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #3667
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I think there is a huge silver lining to this -- path and MV were only cleared by each other. Before realizing I could train myself, I really wanted to scan path once we got later in the game, but now we know he was good, and that he wasn't faking any scans.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:08 PM   #3668
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If they've got three shots, they might as well have gone for both of them. I figure they were hoping that one of them was left unprotected, and scored a bonus with getting two. Were Mrs. Schmidty and olie the only ones who could protect people? If that's the case, and if olie was spawn, then they KNEW one had to be unprotected, but not which one. So it makes sense to go for both and hope to get one.

Hoopsguy, Mrs.Schmidty and Oliegirl were the only ones who could protect them.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #3669
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I guess there's also the possibility that Mrs. Schmidty is the unaware spawn.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #3670
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I mean it says there is a group.....

Right, and we're pretty sure the other part of our group just died.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:17 PM   #3671
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
I feel confident in her ability to protect The Jackal.

I feel so safe.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 PM   #3672
hoopsguy
General Manager

Technically, the Slayer role was potentially out there as well in a protection role.

But yeah, it is on me as well. I was out guarding buildings instead of people. I guess I didn't properly calculate the "worst case scenario" in terms of spawn+security actions. I figured one of my people would be good and guard a doctor. I had talked in thread with Olie and knew that Mrs Schmidty was a late-night reader (info picked up last game while watching from sidelines and seeing her PMs to other wolves).

I remain pretty concerned about the integrity of our water supply - the game will advance quickly enough to starvation time, but I didn't want to see that accelerated. So I went there with my guard over several other pretty good options in hindsight (block a doc, spy on Saldana).
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #3673
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Technically, the Slayer role was potentially out there as well in a protection role.

But yeah, it is on me as well. I was out guarding buildings instead of people. I guess I didn't properly calculate the "worst case scenario" in terms of spawn+security actions. I figured one of my people would be good and guard a doctor. I had talked in thread with Olie and knew that Mrs Schmidty was a late-night reader (info picked up last game while watching from sidelines and seeing her PMs to other wolves).

I remain pretty concerned about the integrity of our water supply - the game will advance quickly enough to starvation time, but I didn't want to see that accelerated. So I went there with my guard over several other pretty good options in hindsight (block a doc, spy on Saldana).

It is ok, seems everyone else is pretty forgiving of your mistake that got a doctor killed. Hopefully they will be equally forgiving of any mistakes I make in the future
Old 07-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #3674
hoopsguy
General Manager

So the Chubby bluff came on Day 3, when I was pushing for a vote on Telle. I'll have to go back to the thread to double-check the order (bluff before my vote or after my vote). That means one of the following:
- Chubby was a starting Spawn
- Chubby was converted on N1, was a spawnling on D2 (I think this is how it works?) and came out firing on his first day as a Spawn
Old 07-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #3675
saldana
Pro Starter

alan, i think you need to give it a rest on hoopsguy....so far he has pegged telle, and pointed the finger straigt at olie and chubby..if either of them comes up spawn, i think that pretty much locks it in that the doctor cleared persecuter of 2 spawn is NOT a spawn...to be honest with you, you are seeming to me to be obsessed with him, much as you were with me in the Draft game..it is making it hard for me to give any consideration to what you are saying.

basically, to me, you have shifted from Captain Alan to Captain Ahab

i am gonna stick with my oliegirl vote, as i know that i am not a spawn, which chubby has confirmed, so i feel like i owe him not to vote for him at this point.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:32 PM   #3676
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
So the Chubby bluff came on Day 3, when I was pushing for a vote on Telle. I'll have to go back to the thread to double-check the order (bluff before my vote or after my vote). That means one of the following:
- Chubby was a starting Spawn
- Chubby was converted on N1, was a spawnling on D2 (I think this is how it works?) and came out firing on his first day as a Spawn

I'm pretty sure it was after your vote on Telle.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #3677
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't think any of us expected three kills last night. I sure as heck didn't.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:37 PM   #3678
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan (or others), do you have thoughts on me using points to move one of our guys over to play Sergeant-at-Arms? I would like to usurp Olie in this role - I don't have the ability to do anything related to Chubby's position.

I can move Enlisted Crew, so that could be Mrs Schmidty if I want to keep the role in the family. I could look at moving a Medic over - are we putting a priority on curing wounds at this point? But honestly, I'm not wild about those two moving up the food chain just yet. I think I like Schmidty where he is at and I'm not touching Saldana with a ten foot pole after the Chubby clear.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:38 PM   #3679
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan (or others), do you have thoughts on me using points to move one of our guys over to play Sergeant-at-Arms? I would like to usurp Olie in this role - I don't have the ability to do anything related to Chubby's position.

I can move Enlisted Crew, so that could be Mrs Schmidty if I want to keep the role in the family. I could look at moving a Medic over - are we putting a priority on curing wounds at this point? But honestly, I'm not wild about those two moving up the food chain just yet. I think I like Schmidty where he is at and I'm not touching Saldana with a ten foot pole after the Chubby clear.

I asked this morning. We can't move someone to sergeant at arms while she is alive.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #3680
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

And I'm going to go quiet for the rest of the day.. No one in the game or any game ever likes any of my gut thoughts, they praise Hoops for things I brought up days ago, and pretty much same thing for multiple games now where virtually everyone tells me to shut up..

So I put my orders in already for tonight, and if you all want to mutiny so be it.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #3681
Tyrith
College Starter

Who does that leave then, hoops? The Jackal would be the best candidate, I suppose, under those conditions, although if Chubby is bad then bullet is probably good. But we have large groups of people that we've got nothing on, starting with all of us engineers. Although I would say that I'm pretty clearly on our side :P
Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #3682
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I asked this morning. We can't move someone to sergeant at arms while she is alive.

Barkeep, can I begin work training someone for Sergeant at Arms today, with the idea that if Oliegirl is still alive tomorrow morning then the person trained is not able to fill the spot?

Alan, read between the lines on this request please. K, thanks.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #3683
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Tyrith, let's leave it up to people that have been cleared to some degree:

HOOPS AND ALAN: Since Danny is spawn aware, which of the engineers would you like him to work with? We are doing a 3-2 engineer split. Your choices are Tyrith, PurdueBrad, Claphamsa, and JEHeinz72.

We'll roll with what you guys call.

I've now worked with Jeheinz four times and have nothing on him. either there is a spawn blocking my night time ability or he is almost most likely clean. I've only worked with PB and Tyrith once, so I that's not really enough to clear them at all.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #3684
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
And I'm going to go quiet for the rest of the day.. No one in the game or any game ever likes any of my gut thoughts, they praise Hoops for things I brought up days ago, and pretty much same thing for multiple games now where virtually everyone tells me to shut up..

So I put my orders in already for tonight, and if you all want to mutiny so be it.

I'll applaud your decision to kill the slaves. No reason to mutiny around this at all.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #3685
hoopsguy
General Manager

By the way, would people please get their votes in or at least post on their thoughts towards voting? I don't think we have enough for a lynch at this point.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #3686
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
My recollection is that Danny has gone a long ways towards clearing each of you, as you have all worked in tandem. This is a big part of why I am suspicious of him - he either was bluffing from the start or was turned and is now giving clearance to someone who started as a spawn.

Again, I'm not basing this on any role knowledge. I'm basing this on the selections that we have seen for the spawn actions so far - killing mccollins, taking out the doctors - and the lack of results from the supposedly spawn aware person. This is why I put his name up for scan today ... I thought there was a pretty good chance he was bad, but if he was shown to be good then we had some soft clears on several people.

As I just said, the only person I have really been able to clear is Jeheinz as I have worked with alone twice and two other times in a group. Ive only worked with PB and Tyrith once in a large group, so by no means have they been cleared. Clap I have never worked with. Since I have not been able to sleep, I haven't been able to potentially catch any random spawn.

Also, there is a spawn ability that blocks the night time ability of one villager. I asked BK about this and he said I may not receive info letting me know that my ability has been blocked. Considering I'm really the only player the spawn know to have a nighttime ability, I would be a good target for this if there is a spawn with this ability.

I would still loved to be scanned as it would be help you guys trust my findings. Really no point in me having this ability if you guys doubt me.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #3687
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Then Alan, Hoops, not trying to take the choice away from you but I think Danny and Claphamsa have to work together, probably just the two of them.

I'd be good with that, I've never worked with him at all
Old 07-14-2008, 03:07 PM   #3688
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't believe he scans during the day, only overnight, but I might be wrong. Danny, can you verify one way or another?

Only during the night
Old 07-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #3689
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Can we get a vote count? I think it is quite close between oliegirl and Chubby and the evidence is pretty overwhelming on both. I will go where my vote is needed, as I feel they are both great candidates for today (with the other probably going tomorrow!)
Old 07-14-2008, 03:09 PM   #3690
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Actually I came back to the thread as I'm reconsidering what to do with my actions today and need some help from a few people.. today unfortunately is the win/lose day I think for us. People who aren't willing to humor my gut feelings for now, please don't bother responding. For everyone else...

Assume that Hoopsguy really is the unaware spawn. I am concerned with the captaincy of this ship. I am pretty sure there are at least 4 spawn left if not 5. It would be really easy for the spawn to pick off both Kwhit and myself tonight as there seems only one legit protector (assuming Passacaglia is good here) in Mrs.Schmidty and there is a doctor to protect as well..

It doesn't really matter who we lynch from that standpoint.. Hoopsguy or Chubby as we can't kill off both of them and with a night kill of both Kwhit and myself, the other one will ascend to captaincy and be unlynchable for the rest of the game thus winning.

I'd be willing to give up my life vouching for Kwhit if he could get protection tonight, but that also means the doctor goes unprotected.. How do we proceed with today without opening the door for an unopposable spawn victory?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #3691
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Alright, just so I have it for tonight then:

Tyrith, JEHeinz72, and I will work on the security HQ

Claphamsa and Danny should work on the cargo hold

Correct?

Sounds good
Old 07-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #3692
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

works for me!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #3693
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I have put in an order to go to the cargo hold and work with danny!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #3694
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, I said it before but I'll reiterate. I trust your instincts, do what you think is necessary. Part of being the captain means that you have to make the tough choices.

I see the danger of the progression if you and KWhit are knocked off. Even if Hoops is good, that makes him a good target too as the wolves have already proven that they can knock out three.

Tonight, as villagers, we should probably pull out all the stops to keep things in our favor, if we have someone that can night kill should, duke if you must, protect our most valuable assets, etc.

I would hate to lose the doctor but if we allow wolves to be captain and first mate, we're basically done since we can't call mutiny.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #3695
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My night order for the security HQ is in.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #3696
Danny
Head Coach

Right now, I prefer a vote for Chubby, though both he and Oliegirl are bad.

Vote Chubby

I will change if needed to make sure one of the two get lynched, though I have a feeling it may not matter if Alan does what I think he is considering.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #3697
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote count as of Post #3583:

Chubby - Hoops (3530), Tyrith (3533), Jackal (3535), Purdue (3541)
Olie - KWhit (3413), Clap (3419), Mrs Schmidty (3456)
Bullet - Chubby (3324)
Mrs Schmidty - Olie (3457)
Old 07-14-2008, 03:17 PM   #3698
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually I came back to the thread as I'm reconsidering what to do with my actions today and need some help from a few people.. today unfortunately is the win/lose day I think for us. People who aren't willing to humor my gut feelings for now, please don't bother responding. For everyone else...

Assume that Hoopsguy really is the unaware spawn. I am concerned with the captaincy of this ship. I am pretty sure there are at least 4 spawn left if not 5. It would be really easy for the spawn to pick off both Kwhit and myself tonight as there seems only one legit protector (assuming Passacaglia is good here) in Mrs.Schmidty and there is a doctor to protect as well..

It doesn't really matter who we lynch from that standpoint.. Hoopsguy or Chubby as we can't kill off both of them and with a night kill of both Kwhit and myself, the other one will ascend to captaincy and be unlynchable for the rest of the game thus winning.

I'd be willing to give up my life vouching for Kwhit if he could get protection tonight, but that also means the doctor goes unprotected.. How do we proceed with today without opening the door for an unopposable spawn victory?

If that's the plan, why didn't they pick both of you off last night?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #3699
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

The only way I see around this scenerio that can save the doctor and kwhit is if we have a vigilante out and about... Here is what I would propose:

I can duke Hoopsguy, and the vigilante kill off Chubby at night. Mrs.Schmidty can protect Passacaglia the doctor..

That frees up everyone to mutiny if they so choose based on the result of the hoopsguy duking, and the bad guys likely will kill off kwhit at night if not kwhit and myself..

Leaving 0 command officers and no one who can be unlynchable for the rest of the game. From there on out it is a straight WW game for everyone left...

Thoughts?
Old 07-14-2008, 03:18 PM   #3700
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I have put in an order to go to the cargo hold and work with danny!

I put in my order as well.