Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-13-2016, 05:40 AM   #3651
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm gonna go ahead and stand by my statement.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:49 AM   #3652
Flasch186
Coordinator

I just always don't understand the whole trust these women from twenty years ago.... But don't trust these women from 10 years ago. The only difference between them is who they're accusing. Both seem exactly the same in every other way. So either don't believe any of them or believe them all...

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 10-13-2016 at 05:50 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:57 AM   #3653
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
From 1992. Trump met a 10 yr old girl on an ET segment. After she left, he turned to the camera and said he'd be dating her in 10 years.

More questionable footage of Trump's comments on women - CBS News

It's amazing that this became an after thought yesterday. If I was that little girl's (now woman's I guess), I'd want to rip his head off.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:34 AM   #3654
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Support Trump and lose the middle, or dump trump and lose the base.
I'm not convinced that the Trump *supporters* are really "the base." A significant amount of *his* support base comes from people who didn't normally vote in Republican (or any other) primaries. Probably a better way to frame what's happening to the Republican Party is that there are multiple constituencies, and they are fractured--perhaps hopelessly. Trump's legacy is going to be destroying a Party. (In fairness, the ability for it to be destroyed was already there. It just took someone selfish enough to do it.)
Old 10-13-2016, 06:57 AM   #3655
Ben E Lou

Current trending topic: #NextFakeTrumpVictim
Old 10-13-2016, 07:21 AM   #3656
Ben E Lou

Prophecy:

Old 10-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #3657
Easy Mac

Is it still an October Surprise if no one is really surprised by what people are saying, even if we didn't know the news was going to come out?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:21 AM   #3658
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Clinton has run a good campaign aimed toward moderate Republicans--"It's ok to not vote for Trump because he is a radical; he's not really a Republican." That almost encourages GOP ticket-splitting. Which was the right strategy when the race was 50-50 (which feels like two years ago but was really not that long ago).

But now that she's going to win, I think that she needs to dedicate her resources pretty aggressively toward the Senate. Her first four years will be a lot easier (and more likely to lead to four more years) if she has at least one legislative house to run interference for her.

And, hey, if the side effect of that is to increase the Hail Mary odds of flipping the House for two years? Then she has a chance to really get some stuff done.

She's going to be president. The question for her now is how she wants that presidency to go.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #3659
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Paul Ryan's two tweets today are about balanced budgets and international treaties.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:09 AM   #3660
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Who thought the Onion was going to call the 2016 election in late November 2012?

After Obama Victory, Shrieking White-Hot Sphere Of Pure Rage Early GOP Front-Runner For 2016 - YouTube
Old 10-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #3661
rowech
Pro Starter

Rasmussen poll shows Trump back in the lead.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:28 AM   #3662
QuikSand
lolzcat

PredictIt gives a chance to buy Trump/GOP/non-woman at 17 cents, and I still think it's a buy. Might be tricky to know when to sell, but I don't think this chaotic election can actually calm down for even two weeks.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #3663
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
PredictIt gives a chance to buy Trump/GOP/non-woman at 17 cents, and I still think it's a buy. Might be tricky to know when to sell, but I don't think this chaotic election can actually calm down for even two weeks.

What about a Jill Stein surprise?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:44 AM   #3664
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Isn't now the perfect time for Trump to release taxes? Only time they have a chance to get buried.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:46 AM   #3665
mckerney
Coordinator

Donald Trump Apologizes to Serbia for Yugoslavia Bombing

Donald with more pro-Russian foreign policy statements, what a surprise.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 10:53 AM   #3666
mckerney
Coordinator

I'm sure Hannity is gonna start pounding Trump over this though after Lumpy's constantly being outraged at Obama "apology tours."
Old 10-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #3667
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I don't know if the timing can be considered "convenient" when women come forward immediately after he says live on TV that he has never assaulted a woman.

Exactly. The point is women are coming forward because he said something with great conviction in public that they knew to be completely false.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 AM   #3668
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Rasmussen poll shows Trump back in the lead.

So is Rasmussen a generally lean Reupblican/right/conservative site? So far just about every poll I've seen has Clinton ahead by at least five.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #3669
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So is Rasmussen a generally lean Reupblican/right/conservative site? So far just about every poll I've seen has Clinton ahead by at least five.

Rasmussen was 5 points to the right in their final 2012 poll.

Old 10-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #3670
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Exactly. The point is women are coming forward because he said something with great conviction in public that they knew to be completely false.

But why are they coming out now when there's public proof of Trump taking about doing what he did to them and other women coming forward with the same stories instead of back when it happened when it would have just been there word against a famous billionaire who would have done everything he could to publicly attack and shame them. Just seems too suspicious and convenient...
Old 10-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #3671
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Trump Said to Block Campaign’s Requests to Do Self-Opposition Research - Bloomberg Politics

Old 10-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #3672
molson
General Manager

When I heard about the new allegations my first thought was that Trump was going to defend himself by calling all of them pigfaces he'd never fuck with Bill Clinton's dick, or something. Has he done that yet?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:46 PM   #3673
Edward64
Head Coach

Hillary's master plan is now evident.

Roll out a sexual harassment victim every/other day to keep Trump on the defense and coordinate with the wiling networks to play it up. The wikileaks stuff is being overwhelmed by Trump's alleged sexual antics.

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Did Trump do every single thing alleged, maybe not but I'm sure he's guilty of alot of them.

Last edited by Edward64 : 10-13-2016 at 12:47 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:52 PM   #3674
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
When I heard about the new allegations my first thought was that Trump was going to defend himself by calling all of them pigfaces he'd never fuck with Bill Clinton's dick, or something. Has he done that yet?

Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #3675
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Hillary's master plan is now evident.

Roll out a sexual harassment victim every/other day to keep Trump on the defense and coordinate with the wiling networks to play it up. The wikileaks stuff is being overwhelmed by Trump's alleged sexual antics.
The master plan was to get the PGIC to run for president in the first place.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:17 PM   #3676
mckerney
Coordinator

It looks like Trump's speech today sure was something...

Last edited by mckerney : 10-13-2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #3677
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post

I guess I'm too caught up in the narrative of the moment. But that strikes me as much more of a hold price than a buy.

I just can't see something happening at this point that would push that high enough to risk the downside of it falling out.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #3678
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

I have not looked yet, but I think that there might be money to be made going pro-GOP in individual senate races. The "GOP is doomed" noise is running counter to the actual senate polls.

And there might be some good arbitrage putting individual senate races against GOP/Dem control overall if one can pinpoint the races that will actually decide the overall control.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #3679
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Trump is now making fun of the NFL re:Concussions. Not for how they ignored the problems, but for taking precautions over serious brain injuries.

The Republican presidential nominee said he was struck by the toughness of a woman who fainted and then returned to the audience, according to multiple reports.

"The woman was out cold, and now she's coming back," Trump told the crowd. "See? We don't go by these new and very much softer NFL rules. Concussion, oh! Oh! Got a little ding on the head, no, no, you can't play for the rest of the season. Our people are tough!"

Last edited by stevew : 10-13-2016 at 02:18 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:22 PM   #3680
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Trump is now making fun of the NFL re:Concussions. Not for how they ignored the problems, but for taking precautions over serious brain injuries.

The Republican presidential nominee said he was struck by the toughness of a woman who fainted and then returned to the audience, according to multiple reports.

"The woman was out cold, and now she's coming back," Trump told the crowd. "See? We don't go by these new and very much softer NFL rules. Concussion, oh! Oh! Got a little ding on the head, no, no, you can't play for the rest of the season. Our people are tough!"

Well, that's not hard to do when they don't have the necessary equipment for a brain injury.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #3681
Easy Mac

I wonder what odds you could have gotten that the election would turn due to the actions of Billy Bush and Anderson Cooper, the one-time hosts of Let's Make a Deal and The Mole.

Of course, it makes sense that a Bush and a Vanderbilt have conspired to swing an election for the Clintons. Dynasties FTW!
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #3682
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The NYT basically dunks on Trump's lawsuit threat:

Sydney Ember on Twitter: "David McCraw, NYT lawyer, responds to Trump’s letter. https://t.co/ziPBCIjkvP"
Old 10-13-2016, 03:10 PM   #3683
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'm not convinced that the Trump *supporters* are really "the base." A significant amount of *his* support base comes from people who didn't normally vote in Republican (or any other) primaries. Probably a better way to frame what's happening to the Republican Party is that there are multiple constituencies, and they are fractured--perhaps hopelessly. Trump's legacy is going to be destroying a Party. (In fairness, the ability for it to be destroyed was already there. It just took someone selfish enough to do it.)

I suspect the GOP adopts a Super Delegate system? A closed primary system? Re-arranges the states so states like Texas or Utah go first?

I hate Clinton, but if it's a Clinton and GOP-controlled Congress (or at least a House), I'm OK with that. I suspect Clinton will be more moderate and pragmatic than Obama in working with Congress. I just hate how dirty and slimy everything and everyone is in this election cycle.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-13-2016 at 03:12 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:13 PM   #3684
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I wonder what odds you could have gotten that the election would turn due to the actions of Billy Bush and Anderson Cooper, the one-time hosts of Let's Make a Deal and The Mole.

Of course, it makes sense that a Bush and a Vanderbilt have conspired to swing an election for the Clintons. Dynasties FTW!

I loved the Mole
Old 10-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #3685
Butter
Coordinator

The first season of The Mole was amazing.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:34 PM   #3686
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I'm not convinced that the Trump *supporters* are really "the base." A significant amount of *his* support base comes from people who didn't normally vote in Republican (or any other) primaries.

While we often make very similar observations, this one is almost 180 degrees from what I'm seeing.

Off hand I can't think of a single lukewarm voter amongst the Trump supporters I know. It does, however, describe a good bit of the NeverTrump folks I've seen (not all by any means, just a noticeable portion).

What seems completely absent from the pro-Trump folks I know are the, I dunno, disaffected/disenfranchised crowd for lack of a better description. On the whole, it's overwhelmingly made up of lifelong voters, the ones that show up for every election, even the down ballot runoffs.

Could easily be a GA vs SC thing though.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #3687
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I suspect the GOP adopts a Super Delegate system? A closed primary system? Re-arranges the states so states like Texas or Utah go first?

I hate Clinton, but if it's a Clinton and GOP-controlled Congress (or at least a House), I'm OK with that. I suspect Clinton will be more moderate and pragmatic than Obama in working with Congress. I just hate how dirty and slimy everything and everyone is in this election cycle.

1) The GOP already has superdelegates, they just make up a much lower percentage of the delegate count than their Democratic counterparts. I believe GOP "unbound delegates" are about 10% of the total, compared with Democratic superdelegates at about 20%.

2) Republicans had zero interest in working with Barack Obama. Ever. Take a look at the Republican use of the filibuster after Obama was sworn in. I'll wait. If Republicans had been actually interested in working with the President instead of threatening to burn down the government if they didn't get everything they wanted, and also a pony, they could have found common cause. Instead, they spent the first two years grinding the gears of government to a halt by filibustering bills, offering amendments, filibustering those amendments, ad infinitum.

And as soon as they took back the Senate, they shifted gears to "defund Obamacare." They spent 6 years pounding the pulpit, demanding a "repeal and replace," and we STILL HAVEN'T HEARD what that replacement is supposed to be, despite numerous assurances that "it's coming."

I know it's conservative orthodoxy that Barack Obama is the most liberal, obstinate, authoritarian empty suit ever, but the reality doesn't bear that out.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) said "The president told me several times he’s going to name a moderate [to fill the court vacancy], but I don’t believe him. [Obama] could easily name Merrick Garland, who is a fine man. He probably won’t do that because this appointment is about the election. So I’m pretty sure he’ll name someone the [liberal Democratic base] wants."

Hatch immediately pivoted and fell in line with Mitch McConnell on "no hearings." McConnell, by comparison, insisted that it would be hard to find somebody "more liberal than" Garland.

That's the litmus. To Congressional Republicans, if Obama wants it, it's the most liberal thing ever. There can be no compromise, because if they meet him halfway on anything, they're acceding to liberalism, and after they've amped up the base on how socialist this President is, they don't dare compromise with him.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #3688
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Did Trump just go full on fascist/white supremacist?

First the international banker conspiracy, and now:

"Join me in taking back our country and creating a bright, glorious, and prosperous new future for our people. We will make American great again and it will happen quickly! God bless you!"

From this livestream:

NEXT LIVE - Donald Trump Rally LIVE in Cincinnati, OH. (10-13-16) - YouTube
Old 10-13-2016, 04:20 PM   #3689
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
1) The GOP already has superdelegates, they just make up a much lower percentage of the delegate count than their Democratic counterparts. I believe GOP "unbound delegates" are about 10% of the total, compared with Democratic superdelegates at about 20%.

2) Republicans had zero interest in working with Barack Obama. Ever. Take a look at the Republican use of the filibuster after Obama was sworn in. I'll wait. If Republicans had been actually interested in working with the President instead of threatening to burn down the government if they didn't get everything they wanted, and also a pony, they could have found common cause. Instead, they spent the first two years grinding the gears of government to a halt by filibustering bills, offering amendments, filibustering those amendments, ad infinitum.

And as soon as they took back the Senate, they shifted gears to "defund Obamacare." They spent 6 years pounding the pulpit, demanding a "repeal and replace," and we STILL HAVEN'T HEARD what that replacement is supposed to be, despite numerous assurances that "it's coming."

I know it's conservative orthodoxy that Barack Obama is the most liberal, obstinate, authoritarian empty suit ever, but the reality doesn't bear that out.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) said "The president told me several times he’s going to name a moderate [to fill the court vacancy], but I don’t believe him. [Obama] could easily name Merrick Garland, who is a fine man. He probably won’t do that because this appointment is about the election. So I’m pretty sure he’ll name someone the [liberal Democratic base] wants."

Hatch immediately pivoted and fell in line with Mitch McConnell on "no hearings." McConnell, by comparison, insisted that it would be hard to find somebody "more liberal than" Garland.

That's the litmus. To Congressional Republicans, if Obama wants it, it's the most liberal thing ever. There can be no compromise, because if they meet him halfway on anything, they're acceding to liberalism, and after they've amped up the base on how socialist this President is, they don't dare compromise with him.

I don't disagree with you on the ACA. The House Republicans really brought this whole thing on themselves when they voted to pass it (yes, it would of still passed, but still), then go around saying they should repeal it. I can understand why Paul Ryan doesn't carry a lot of respect in certain circles of his base--it's hard to fight against something that you voted to pass.

Why is it okay for the Dems to block Supreme Court appointments in an election (Schumer led the fight in 2007), but not Republicans? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but should we hold both sides to the same standard? It's just politics as usual.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-13-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #3690
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Did Trump just go full on fascist/white supremacist?

First the international banker conspiracy, and now:

"Join me in taking back our country and creating a bright, glorious, and prosperous new future for our people. We will make American great again and it will happen quickly! God bless you!"

From this livestream:

NEXT LIVE - Donald Trump Rally LIVE in Cincinnati, OH. (10-13-16) - YouTube

Did he also make it sound like the one accuser wasn't attractive enough to sexually assault? WTF?!?

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-13-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:22 PM   #3691
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Spot-on post.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:26 PM   #3692
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I don't disagree with you on the ACA. The House Republicans really brought this whole thing on themselves when they voted to pass it (yes, it would of still passed, but still), then go around saying they should repeal it. I can understand why Paul Ryan doesn't carry a lot of respect in certain circles of his base--it's hard to fight against something that you voted to pass.

Why is it okay for the Dems to block Supreme Court appointments in an election (Schumer led the fight in 2007), but not Republicans? I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but should we hold both sides to the same standard? It's just politics as usual.

What am I misremembering here? Who did Schumer try to block? Both Roberts and Alito were confirmed.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:45 PM   #3693
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Evangelicals seem to be sticking with Trump through this. Can't wait for these people to lecture us on "family values" in the future.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #3694
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Evangelicals seem to be sticking with Trump through this. Can't wait for these people to lecture us on "family values" in the future.

yeah I was reading a bit about that because I figured that tape had to be the last straw for some of them. And it was for a few. (check out Christianity Today magazine) But many believe Trump is their last chance of getting a conservative Supreme Court that will end abortion once and for all. So they go to the "we are all sinners" in God's eyes argument to explain away his behavior. Pretty sad watching guys like Jerry Falwell Jr. basically throw away all that he teaches because one issue might be saved from us liberal heathens.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:57 PM   #3695
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:

No, they really aren't. There's the guys like Russell Moore who have been against him from the beginning, and now names like Jen Hatmaker and Beth Moore have gone on the offensive against him. There's a large move against him from younger evangelicals. It's the political "evangelicals" like Falwell and Robertson, whose reach is much smaller than the media makes it out to be, that are striking up the band while the ship sinks. Just today a student and staff petition came out from Liberty students against Falwell's continued endorsement which contained a nugget about Trump only getting 8% of the vote there during the primary.

Evangelical Women Split From Trump

Donald Trump has Snuffed out the Religious Right

Liberty University Students Protest Association with Trump
Old 10-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #3696
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
No, they really aren't. There's the guys like Russell Moore who have been against him from the beginning, and now names like Jen Hatmaker and Beth Moore have gone on the offensive against him. There's a large move against him from younger evangelicals. It's the political "evangelicals" like Falwell and Robertson, whose reach is much smaller than the media makes it out to be, that are striking up the band while the ship sinks. Just today a student and staff petition came out from Liberty students against Falwell's continued endorsement which contained a nugget about Trump only getting 8% of the vote there during the primary.

Evangelical Women Split From Trump

Donald Trump has Snuffed out the Religious Right

Liberty University Students Protest Association with Trump

Polls show the number is pretty high.

PRRI

White evangelicals are 65-16 in favor of Trump.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:22 PM   #3697
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Polls show the number is pretty high.

PRRI

White evangelicals are 65-16 in favor of Trump.

What was the methodology for that survey? I didn't see it anywhere in the writeup, and it would be helpful to understand how young the poll skews.

I'm guessing a lot of that is the political "evangelical" more so that people like Hatmaker, Moore, and Liberty staff and students who would be more theological evangelicals.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:37 PM   #3698
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Michele Bachmann Warns Christians: Voting For Hillary Clinton Will Lead To Sexual Assaults | Huffington Post
Old 10-13-2016, 06:10 PM   #3699
MrBug708
Head Coach

Generally speaking, the only reason evangelicals* are is because of the Supreme Court and Roe v Wade.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:12 PM   #3700
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Generally speaking, the only reason evangelicals* are is because of the Supreme Court and Roe v Wade.

This is true. Although gay marriage has made it into the landscape too.

I guess Trump does sort of match their beliefs since the Pro-Life movement has little to do with abortion and more to do with putting women in their place.