The Jackal
Coordinator

That makes the most sense, good.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:06 PM   #3602
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

For me, right now, I trust:

*Alan T and KWhit (even though I have tried to question them several times, I can't find reason not to)

*Jackal (I'll assume that I will be notified of any change in my partner until I see otherwise)

*Hoops (despite last night's discussion, I still feel that Hoops has done a good job ferretting out spawns although it would be a hell of a move to give up the roleless spawn and protect the powerful ones)

*After that, I'm up in the air. I will admit that I've been a bit blind in my trust of the engineers and I guess I have to stop that. There was no reason other than the fact that we started as a group/team. So we will have to be looked at.

As for distrust, I was surprised at Mrs. Schmidty coming back human. Olie and Saldana are my least trusted and I'm curious to see if we can do anything else at this point to re-clear Pass since he's stepped into a vital role.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #3603
The Jackal
Coordinator

Is it probably the case that either olie is a spawn or both pass and mrs. s are?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #3604
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I don't think that is the case, Jackal.

If you had a trust with someone, you would have been informed if they were turned.

You can see why, after Telle (and Olie, I'm pretty damn sure) that someone might be questioning a person not knowing the rules around their role(s)?

Hoops, I had read the rules as well, what do you make of BK only telling me maybe via PM about being informed?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #3605
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I'm caught up and will put in an order to work on the slave pens although given that Saldana is the percentage play here AND he guarded the pens last night and they still took damage, that is likely the way I'm going to go with my vote.

Although I am looking into one more possibility that goes back to some of last night's discussion where I may have been too quick to trust someone absolutely.

go back and read Claps explanation...the damage was done by the slaves from inside the pens
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:08 PM   #3606
Tyrith
College Starter

Hasta luego! Arriverderci! Bon voyage! That means goodbye!

VOTE OLIEGIRL
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #3607
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Hoops, I had read the rules as well, what do you make of BK only telling me maybe via PM about being informed?

That is curious.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #3608
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
go back and read Claps explanation...the damage was done by the slaves from inside the pens

My PM said the same thing, BTW.

Going to submit an order to fix the pens right now -- that should get it fixed with 5 cycles, meaning we're still okay even through a fake.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #3609
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Because of this, I absolutely trust Jackal as Friday was the day that I received a PM that, for the first time, mentioned Absolute Trust and it was in all bold. I had figured it out before then but not by a lot and this was the day it was explicitly stated. I know that won't count as a clear, but it's good enough for me.

I don't have a feel one way or another on this, but just be careful as I already stated what day I received that message.. and as far as I could tell you, kwhit and I all had dropped hints (pretty open hints at that) prior to today. I didn't see any from the Jackal even when we had the conversations discussing it..

He very well may be telling the truth, just cautioning against him getting your trust only because of saying Friday after we already had announced which day we got that message.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #3610
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

unvote Saldana on both his and Tyrith's follow up to how the damage was done. I'm going to go along with the flow then:

vote oliegirl
Old 07-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #3611
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Continuing on clears:
- both Pass and Schmidty have demonstrated the duplicant role, which means that they are villagers. I initially had this mistaken with empathic
- Chubby appears to have started the game as empathic, which means that there is a 50/50 shot he could have been converted

Thanks. If you kept pushing that line of thought, I was going to go after you. But hey, mistakes happen -- I know I made some this game, and based on my scan, it looks like Mrs. Schmidty did, too (i.e. she scanned clean).
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #3612
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't have a feel one way or another on this, but just be careful as I already stated what day I received that message.. and as far as I could tell you, kwhit and I all had dropped hints (pretty open hints at that) prior to today. I didn't see any from the Jackal even when we had the conversations discussing it..

He very well may be telling the truth, just cautioning against him getting your trust only because of saying Friday after we already had announced which day we got that message.

I missed the conversations, I must've skimmed them/hadn't realized I was in AT at that point. At first I thought it was just BK having fun with PMs but then he clarified for me.

I think it's right for us to still keep an eye on each other, PB, especially with regard to any further PMs we might receive, but for now I'm glad to have another person off my immediate suspicion list.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #3613
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

What is our nighttime engineer priority?

We have 3 hours left on security, 3 left on the cargo hold.

In all honesty, if we trusted all our engineers, we could split the labor and knock it out. It may also lead us to someone who faked but it's a risk.

Otherwise, I would suggest Tyrith and two of us on the security HQ and the other two on the cargo hold.

I would love to see us get both repaired but I'm not sure I trust us enough.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:16 PM   #3614
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
What is our nighttime engineer priority?

We have 3 hours left on security, 3 left on the cargo hold.

In all honesty, if we trusted all our engineers, we could split the labor and knock it out. It may also lead us to someone who faked but it's a risk.

Otherwise, I would suggest Tyrith and two of us on the security HQ and the other two on the cargo hold.

I would love to see us get both repaired but I'm not sure I trust us enough.

I can roll with this plan. Not sure who the other two with me should be, but that's more up to the whole Danny situation than anything I can do.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:20 PM   #3615
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Tyrith, let's leave it up to people that have been cleared to some degree:

HOOPS AND ALAN: Since Danny is spawn aware, which of the engineers would you like him to work with? We are doing a 3-2 engineer split. Your choices are Tyrith, PurdueBrad, Claphamsa, and JEHeinz72.

We'll roll with what you guys call.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #3616
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm very skeptical of trusting the engineers as a group. There are five left, none of whom have been cleared with a scan. The trainer was killed, eliminating our ability to fill those spots and we now know it wasn't because the Doctors were bad (both cleared in death).

I'm disregarding Absolute Trust and Spawn Aware from Engineers with that statement as I consider them less clear-cut than other vouches.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #3617
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

HOOPS AND ALAN: Since Danny is spawn aware, which of the engineers would you like him to work with? We are doing a 3-2 engineer split. Your choices are Tyrith, PurdueBrad, Claphamsa, and JEHeinz72.

Do you have a list of who has worked with who up to this point? That would be helpful ... I'll pull it up, if needed, but it will take time.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #3618
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Claphamsa and Jeheinz seem to be the least trusted of the engineers I would assume. Are you going to be around though after deadline to figure out alot of this? (This is for night work correct?) Just would be able to give a better answer after we see how the deadline goes down I think.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #3619
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

So Hoops, how would you pair us around Danny for tonight's work?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #3620
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, it's night work and I'll be around tonight after softball.

Hoops, I'll have to go back and pull up who has worked with who.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #3621
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i'm not feeling very good about purduebrad at all...no one else said anything about being in an AT with unknown people all game, and then he doesnt actually know the way the role works....if anyone else in the game is like i am, as soon as you and kwhit started talking about it, i went back and reread the rules about it in order to make sure i would notice if you guys faltered in your explanations of it (which he has just done)

dont know if i feel as bad about PB as i do about oliegirl, though, so assuming she goes tonight, he will be my choice tomorrow.

vote oliegirl
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM   #3622
hoopsguy
General Manager

My recollection is that Danny has gone a long ways towards clearing each of you, as you have all worked in tandem. This is a big part of why I am suspicious of him - he either was bluffing from the start or was turned and is now giving clearance to someone who started as a spawn.

Again, I'm not basing this on any role knowledge. I'm basing this on the selections that we have seen for the spawn actions so far - killing mccollins, taking out the doctors - and the lack of results from the supposedly spawn aware person. This is why I put his name up for scan today ... I thought there was a pretty good chance he was bad, but if he was shown to be good then we had some soft clears on several people.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #3623
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Here is who Danny has worked with:

Day 2- JEHeinz and Danny
Day 3- JEHeinz, Tyrith, PurdueBrad and Danny
Day 4- JEHeinz, Tyrith, PurdueBrad and Danny
Day 5- JEHeinz and Danny

HE HAS TO WORK WITH CLAPH
Old 07-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #3624
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hoops, I agree. Danny needs to be cleared but he has got to work with Claphamsa. I could've sworn we had it set up that they would work together and I don't know what happened.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #3625
The Jackal
Coordinator

saldana - I can corroborate what PB is saying, unless one of the other engineers is AT with me, but I don't think that seems to be the case.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #3626
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is who Danny has worked with:

Day 2- JEHeinz and Danny
Day 3- JEHeinz, Tyrith, PurdueBrad and Danny
Day 4- JEHeinz, Tyrith, PurdueBrad and Danny
Day 5- JEHeinz and Danny

HE HAS TO WORK WITH CLAPH

Seems then if Danny is good, Jeheinz seems to be also... So put him with claphamsa most likely. But if I understand that role correctly, he'll have to wortk with him multiple times to get a true read on it.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #3627
Tyrith
College Starter

So, stupid question, but Pass is duplicant, therefore we have no more doctor scans for the rest of the game, correct?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #3628
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BARKEEP49- Does the number of people that the spawn aware person works with effect his chances of scanning a spawn? In other words, if spawn-aware person works with player B only, does he have the same chance for success then if he works with players B, C, and D?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #3629
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yeah, it increases probability with times workgin

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #3630
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, I agree on this point. If we are going to try and trust him then it has to be Clap.

We aren't scanning him today and we aren't voting him today (barring any revelations). So it would be good to see where this goes tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #3631
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

also, im at the slave pens now! send him on down, since I know im good !

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #3632
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Barkeep, is it possible for a villager to have two (or more) "survivor secret roles"?
No.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #3633
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
So, stupid question, but Pass is duplicant, therefore we have no more doctor scans for the rest of the game, correct?

He didn't duplicate a doctor, he duplicated the trainer to train himself to become a doctor, so he is a full fledged doctor now, which is pretty ingenius if he is still good.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #3634
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
also, im at the slave pens now! send him on down, since I know im good !

I don't believe he scans during the day, only overnight, but I might be wrong. Danny, can you verify one way or another?
Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #3635
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, then I'm going to move for voting Chubby.

He claimed to be both Incorruptible and Empathic. And I think there is a better chance he has a significant role than Oliegirl. I recognize this is taking a chance with Olie having the bigger role, but I think it is a pretty calculated risk.

I'll go find posts that show where Chubby claimed Incorruptible and then change my vote.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #3636
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He didn't duplicate a doctor, he duplicated the trainer to train himself to become a doctor, so he is a full fledged doctor now, which is pretty ingenius if he is still good.

Wow, I didn't catch how that happened.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #3637
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's a very good point hoops.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:33 PM   #3638
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BARKEEP49- Does the number of people that the spawn aware person works with effect his chances of scanning a spawn? In other words, if spawn-aware person works with player B only, does he have the same chance for success then if he works with players B, C, and D?
If a Spawn Aware person works with more than one person it decreases the chance of find a spawn for any of them.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #3639
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
If a Spawn Aware person works with more than one person it decreases the chance of find a spawn for any of them.

Then Alan, Hoops, not trying to take the choice away from you but I think Danny and Claphamsa have to work together, probably just the two of them.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #3640
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I'm still catching up but a recap so far...

There was a reason nobody else was in any danger on the mission I went on. I got attacked by a spawn but found out I'm incorruptible.

Somethings struck me as odd about Marc Vaughn since the start. He's been super quiet and was begging to be scanned or empathed. Now he comes out as the empath?

Nice try Marc but you spawn must be hurting if you are fake revealing this early. I suspect MV is the unaware spawn but I am 100% certain that he is not the empath. Therefore he gets my vote and should get everyone else's vote.

I have no heat on me, I have zero reason to start shit unless I was 100% sure which I am.

Bring on the spawn counterattack.

UNVOTE OLIEGIRL
VOTE CHUBBY
Old 07-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #3641
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, then I'm going to move for voting Chubby.

He claimed to be both Incorruptible and Empathic. And I think there is a better chance he has a significant role than Oliegirl. I recognize this is taking a chance with Olie having the bigger role, but I think it is a pretty calculated risk.

I'll go find posts that show where Chubby claimed Incorruptible and then change my vote.

Heh for whatever it is worth, I have held that piece of information about Chubby close to my vest for a few days not mentioning it yet.. When you were throwing out Chubby having been cleared by marc, it further notched my distrust of you but I didn't press it as everyone already knows I don't trust you.

If you go back and look, I was the one who asked Chubby to clarify on that, and just kept it in mind the entire time. My worst fear today has been that you and Chubby are bad, and tonight Kwhit and I will be killed thus making you unlynchable as a spawn.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #3642
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Wow, I didn't catch how that happened.

Me either, but that's a pretty legit way to clear yourself, haha.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #3643
Tyrith
College Starter

And hoops wins the villager of the year prize. You die tomorrow, olie.

UNVOTE OLIEGIRL
VOTE CHUBBY
Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #3644
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
And hoops wins the villager of the year prize. You die tomorrow, olie.

UNVOTE OLIEGIRL
VOTE CHUBBY

Just to be clear, Hoops was trying to say Chubby was cleared earlier until I pushed on that.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #3645
The Jackal
Coordinator

vote chubby
Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #3646
hoopsguy
General Manager

I meant to ask this question that day - which means that if he has a good role that we wasted getting that out of the way until now. Hard to be too mad about it with getting Spawn on Days 3 and 4, but still frustrating to have missed following up on a thought that was a stone-cold lock to get us a Spawn.

Also, Saldana is back in the rotation. In addition to all the math you can now add a fake clear from a Spawn to his resume.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #3647
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
saldana - I can corroborate what PB is saying, unless one of the other engineers is AT with me, but I don't think that seems to be the case.
the thing at the begning of the game (rulez) doesnt say its 1:1

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:37 PM   #3648
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
tonight Kwhit and I will be killed

Alan, if you have a legitimate fear of being night-killed, I support you using your duke power in whatever way you see fit tonight and won't fault you. As it is, we've got likely two of the spawn pegged with Chubby and Oliegirl, so your gut could lead us to another one. Consider it, although I'm sure you may already be doing just that.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #3649
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
the thing at the begning of the game (rulez) doesnt say its 1:1

I don't understand what you mean by 1:1
Old 07-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #3650
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Alan, if you have a legitimate fear of being night-killed, I support you using your duke power in whatever way you see fit tonight and won't fault you. As it is, we've got likely two of the spawn pegged with Chubby and Oliegirl, so your gut could lead us to another one. Consider it, although I'm sure you may already be doing just that.

+1