Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #3551
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My line of questioning Hoops was to see whether or not they really got the PMs because there are no names mentioned. Had they said they received each other's names, then I would have put a vote there.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #3552
hoopsguy
General Manager

PB, I agree that Mrs Schmity should be a scan candidate. I would like to see either her or Danny (who can semi-clear other engineers if he is Spawn Aware and has not been converted) scanned today.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #3553
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, I originally assumed engineers as well but my second night's PM explicitly stated Privates and Medics. I've either completely missed any hints dropped by those people or they are not dropping hints. I'm honestly guessing at the last part but given that we're almost on page 70, it could be the first half too.

That was another reason I was suspicious of you and KWhit, since you were basically from the same "group" of workers.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #3554
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
PB, I agree that Mrs Schmity should be a scan candidate. I would like to see either her or Danny (who can semi-clear other engineers if he is Spawn Aware and has not been converted) scanned today.

Hehe, guess that wasn't too thinly veiled!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #3555
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

I just woke up and leave shortly for work so I'll make a quick post. I guarded Jackal last night without incident. I'll try to get caught up and make a vote before I leave since I get off work right at deadline today.
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #3556
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

oh eyah, FYI, while im sure no one cares, I have hockey and softball tongiht., so i wont be aroudn at deadline like normal

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #3557
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
I just woke up and leave shortly for work so I'll make a quick post. I guarded Jackal last night without incident. I'll try to get caught up and make a vote before I leave since I get off work right at deadline today.

What made you decide that you wanted to guard the jackal of all people?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #3558
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Willing to change if Pass finds a different spawn - I think Olie is likely another Padawan.

VOTE OLIEGIRL

If I find another spawn, I believe we both die anyway.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #3559
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

You guarded Jackal?

Um... Why?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:41 AM   #3560
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I sent in a PM to guard MV last night. In the PM I rec'd this morning it said that I while I was guarding him, he was attacked by Spawn - since I didn't have a phaser (HQ is down - no guns), I was unable to fight him off and also that I managed to escape un-injured.

I was not told that I was wandering the ship with Mrs. Schmidty, only that I saw her during the night, but details weren't given.

I'm catching up on the last page now - been slammed at work all morning so I've been in the thread but not able to read it for a while...

Was MV a doctor and I missed it? I thought we (Olie and I) were told by Hoops to guard the doctors. Since we didn't want to say in the thread whom we were guarding last night and she said she had put in her PM I went with Jackal assuming she would guard the more obvious choice of Path.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #3561
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
OK, I'm going to do it anyway:

Guard actions that I would like to see, given that no one gets to sleep:
1.) Schmidty guards water
2.) Saldana guards slaves
3.) Olie + Mrs Schmidty guard the two doctors. Feel free to switch off one of them and guard a building or a member of the "cleared list" if you don't trust my intentions
4.) I'll look at guarding a room - again, join me in this task if you think I'm being suspect in my motives tonight

This is the quote I was referring to.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #3562
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is the quote I was referring to.

Yes, and The Jackal was not a doctor, and still is not. That would have been Path and Marc Vaughn
Old 07-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #3563
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I'm going to have to agree with KWhit especially since I have to leave for work soon (and I don't want IHOF results to distract me into forgetting)

Lynch oliegirl

maybe something else will come up throughout the day but I won't be here right now she's the best bet ahead of bullet

You have to unvote Bullet for this to count.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #3564
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Yes, and The Jackal was not a doctor, and still is not. That would have been Path and Marc Vaughn

Sorry, I looked at page 1 of the thread to confirm the two "doctors" and Path is listed and Jackal is listed as Medic. I thought page was being updated as far as when people got trained (obviously I was wrong about that then). When Hoops said to guard the doctors, I thought he misspoke and meant the doctor and the medic. Olie said she put in her PM already and again I thought she would guard Path, so I chose Jackal based on the info I had. It's been hard for me to keep up in the game and I'm not referring to mere post counts. The roles and such I've had to refer to page one on numerous occasions.

Please, by all means scan me.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:02 PM   #3565
KWhit
Coordinator

Has the jackal been scanned, empathed or in any other way cleared? In my notes, I don't have him cleared at all. Did I overlook something?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #3566
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

VOTE OLIEGIRL

Reasons as follows:
1. Perhaps she is the unaware and guarding MV was too much a temptation and she killed him (I say the unaware because it just seems too obvious that we were guarding medical personnel last night so why would the spawn take the chance of getting blocked?)
2. She's not wounded.

I'm leaving for work so I won't be on the boards again until after 7pst.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #3567
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Was MV a doctor and I missed it? I thought we (Olie and I) were told by Hoops to guard the doctors. Since we didn't want to say in the thread whom we were guarding last night and she said she had put in her PM I went with Jackal assuming she would guard the more obvious choice of Path.

No. Jackal is a medic. Path and MV were the doctors.

If you guarded Jackal yet you and I were seen walking around together, what was the explanation for that?

Prelim vote since I'm going to be out for a while, but will be back before deadline to switch if I need to...

VOTE MRS. SCHMIDTY
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:23 PM   #3568
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
No. Jackal is a medic. Path and MV were the doctors.

If you guarded Jackal yet you and I were seen walking around together, what was the explanation for that?

Prelim vote since I'm going to be out for a while, but will be back before deadline to switch if I need to...

VOTE MRS. SCHMIDTY

Glad I looked before I left. Reread BK's post - doesn't say we were together. My vote stands.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #3569
The Jackal
Coordinator

Three people? Ugh.

No, I don't think I've been cleared, I welcome any interrogation or scanning or what not.

It is very strange that neither of you guarded our doctors.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:26 PM   #3570
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, what were you doing last night? Perhaps you can help shed some light on why Mrs Schmidty and Oliegirl would have both been lurkign around the ship.

I've got ideas on this, but they are from the same line of questioning with the moderator that led me to believe Telle was part of a coordinated attack, so I'm not sure how well they will be received. But I need Jackal to fill in the blanks first before posting on this.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #3571
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Pass, who are you going to scan (if anyone) today? I imagine that would help the push toward either Olie or Mrs. Schmidty, since one of those seems to be the obvious play today.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #3572
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, what were you doing last night? Perhaps you can help shed some light on why Mrs Schmidty and Oliegirl would have both been lurkign around the ship.

I've got ideas on this, but they are from the same line of questioning with the moderator that led me to believe Telle was part of a coordinated attack, so I'm not sure how well they will be received. But I need Jackal to fill in the blanks first before posting on this.

I don't have anything to do at night, so I didn't even submit an action, which would usually have me just sleep. But I've no idea where I was, no PM or anything.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #3573
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Glad I looked before I left. Reread BK's post - doesn't say we were together. My vote stands.

Your PM may not, but the write up does...

Quote:
Mrs. Schmidty & olie are seen lurking around the ship.

Direct from BK's write up post. My vote stands as well.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #3574
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

If you want to stick around more, you can see the results of my scan.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #3575
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Why wouldn't your votes stand? There's nothing illegal about either of them.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #3576
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Pass, who are you going to scan (if anyone) today? I imagine that would help the push toward either Olie or Mrs. Schmidty, since one of those seems to be the obvious play today.

I just put in an order on Mrs. Schmidty. I don't want to die, and her story seems more likely the result of not paying attention, so it gives me a good person to scan, and in my mind, a good (but not great) chance to live.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:34 PM   #3577
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I just put in an order on Mrs. Schmidty. I don't want to die, and her story seems more likely the result of not paying attention, so it gives me a good person to scan, and in my mind, a good (but not great) chance to live.

Good choice I think. Of the two, she seemed more likely to not be 100% a spawn. I was just playing through that in my head... I'm not convinced she isn't a spawn, but if i had to choose between her and oliegirl, it seems oliegirl is pretty certainly a spawn.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #3578
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Mrs. Schmidty it's so good to see you come for an exam,"Dr. Caglia gushes. The exam is routine and the two continue on to other work.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #3579
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, and I don't know if this helps or hurts Jackal, but without a bed to sleep in he would end up moving about looking for someplace to sleep. That is what Telle was doing when I spied on her.

So what that suggests to me is that both Mrs Schmidty and Oliegirl were engaged in activities following (spying or guarding, I suppose) someone who was not stationary. This is probably equally applicable for any of the folks without a specific night duty (includes Marc Vaughn, I would imagine) and doesn't create any kind of in-thread linkage between the two of them.

I'm raising this because Olie is trying to create an association between the two people. I would argue that it does not have to be there - it may or may not be, but based on what I saw with Telle it does not have to be there.

I have zero insight into Mrs Schmidty, other than my "paranoid/delusional" concerns about her as an early spawn that would damage our trust list. But I'm pretty disappointed in what happened here if she was human. I'm more inclined to believe that she was also Spawn and they took their shot at both doctors hoping I would do what I posted I was going to do in the thread (guard something).
Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 PM   #3580
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Dr. Caglia, heh.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #3581
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so here is what is involved with trusting our scans (all seer scans must not be Unaware Spawn):

Alan - Brig needed to be pristine on N2, N3. Also brought up by MV in an empath scan. Cross vouching with KWhit on Absolute Trust.

KWhit - Needed to actually be guarded by Mrs Schmidty on N1, if so then Brig was pristine on N2 and N3, we have good trust at top of food chain. Cross vouching with Alan on Absolute Trust. With Pass clear of Mrs Schmidty, this seems increasingly likely.

Hoops - Needed to not be a conversion target N3

Schmidty - Demonstrated replicant ability, needed to not be a conversion target N3

Pass - Demonstrated replicant ability, needed to not be a conversion target N1 - N3

Chubby - needed to pass an Empath scan from Marc V

Saldana - needed to pass an Empath scan from Chubby

Purdue - saying he is in Absolute Trust, but does not know his partner.

Am I missing any of the clears, and the conditions surrounding them being valid?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #3582
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note that guarding a person, as Mrs Schmidty did Jackal, does not provide any kind of clearance for that person (Jackal) as spawn. I've asked this question to BK in regards to my own guard actions.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #3583
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
OK, so here is what is involved with trusting our scans (all seer scans must not be Unaware Spawn):

Alan - Brig needed to be pristine on N2, N3. Also brought up by MV in an empath scan. Cross vouching with KWhit on Absolute Trust.

KWhit - Needed to actually be guarded by Mrs Schmidty on N1, if so then Brig was pristine on N2 and N3, we have good trust at top of food chain. Cross vouching with Alan on Absolute Trust. With Pass clear of Mrs Schmidty, this seems increasingly likely.

Hoops - Needed to not be a conversion target N3

Schmidty - Demonstrated replicant ability, needed to not be a conversion target N3

Pass - Demonstrated replicant ability, needed to not be a conversion target N1 - N3

Chubby - needed to pass an Empath scan from Marc V

Saldana - needed to pass an Empath scan from Chubby

Purdue - saying he is in Absolute Trust, but does not know his partner.

Am I missing any of the clears, and the conditions surrounding them being valid?

Chubby has not passed any scans yet. Marc's scan attempt of Chubby was invalid.

Chubby is completely uncleared
Old 07-14-2008, 12:48 PM   #3584
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I saved and re-read through all my PMs and I *believe* that my absolute trust partner(s) was/were killed today. This is the first night that I have not received a PM with any reference to my AT group.

Alan/Kwhit, do you continue to get updates or references to your group in your PMs or have you gone a night where you've received nothing?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #3585
The Jackal
Coordinator

PB, you have good feelings and happy dreams about the medical staff?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #3586
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I didn't realize Mark Vaughn was a private at the beginning. My best guess is that my group either consisted of both Path and Vaughn or at least one of them.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #3587
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
PB, you have good feelings and happy dreams about the medical staff?

Yeah, medical staff and privates. These go back to the second night I believe, let me throw up the quoted post (it'll take a bit to find it but I will.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #3588
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah, so I feel pretty good about PB then. I'm guessing MV was the third member, since at the beginning my AT dreams consisted of engineers and privates.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #3589
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Okay, I'm going to work on the engines and my PM indicates that I trust the medical staff and the privates, so while I agree we need a lynch, I will not support a candidate from either pool. Do we think that "medical staff" includes Path?

This is post 1836 but I know it was discussed earlier.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #3590
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also missed Mrs Schmidty cleared by seer scan (Pass).

So the scans on Alan, KWhit, Hoops are all known good, barring Unaware Spawn. All done by cleared (in death) doctor Path12. Alan + KWhit were locked in the brig with people who have been cleared in death, so only Hoops (here I go, talking about myself in 3rd person) has a chance of being converted (N3) after being cleared.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #3591
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, so I feel pretty good about PB then. I'm guessing MV was the third member, since at the beginning my AT dreams consisted of engineers and privates.

Jackal, did you drop any hints anywhere in thread?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:54 PM   #3592
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I saved and re-read through all my PMs and I *believe* that my absolute trust partner(s) was/were killed today. This is the first night that I have not received a PM with any reference to my AT group.

Alan/Kwhit, do you continue to get updates or references to your group in your PMs or have you gone a night where you've received nothing?

PB, I received no pm today at all for the first time. The last PM I got was confirming that I was in an absolute trust group, so I assume I won't get anything further until Kwhit is converted (which is impossible right now), I am not sure if i receive something if he dies though
Old 07-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #3593
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thx Alan, I got a bit paranoid (apparently unnecessarily so) when I got nothing. I did ask BK if I would be informed if my partner became a spawn and he sent a one word response: maybe (it wasn't that exact word but I don't even want to quote his one-word response because I know I'm not supposed to).
Old 07-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #3594
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Jackal, did you drop any hints anywhere in thread?

No, I didn't. I didn't realize it was AT until Friday, I believe.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #3595
hoopsguy
General Manager

Continuing on clears:
- both Pass and Schmidty have demonstrated the duplicant role, which means that they are villagers. I initially had this mistaken with empathic
- Chubby appears to have started the game as empathic, which means that there is a 50/50 shot he could have been converted
Old 07-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #3596
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, is it possible for a villager to have two (or more) "survivor secret roles"?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:59 PM   #3597
The Jackal
Coordinator

I guess there's a chance PB turned into a spawn and that's why I didn't get a PM, but it sounds like we went through the same thing, so maybe the connection was severed since one of our people died.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:01 PM   #3598
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No, I didn't. I didn't realize it was AT until Friday, I believe.

Because of this, I absolutely trust Jackal as Friday was the day that I received a PM that, for the first time, mentioned Absolute Trust and it was in all bold. I had figured it out before then but not by a lot and this was the day it was explicitly stated. I know that won't count as a clear, but it's good enough for me.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #3599
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I guess there's a chance PB turned into a spawn and that's why I didn't get a PM, but it sounds like we went through the same thing, so maybe the connection was severed since one of our people died.

It sounds like Alan and KWhit didn't get PMs either, so maybe we'll now only get them when something changes.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #3600
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't think that is the case, Jackal.

Quote:
Absolute Trust If anyone in an Absolute Trust group has left the group (by becoming Spawnling or Spawn), the other group members will be informed of it.

If you had a trust with someone, you would have been informed if they were turned.

You can see why, after Telle (and Olie, I'm pretty damn sure) that someone might be questioning a person not knowing the rules around their role(s)?