Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2024, 11:12 AM   #3551
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Trump's people wanted the mics muted.

Harris's people immediately made that public with a "I guess he's scared" spin on it.

So he, personally, had to undercut all of the work his team was doing and say that he'd like the mics on.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 11:18 AM   #3552
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

No idea who it hurts or helps. But it is interesting that Harris's team seems able to manipulate Trump so easily.
Old 08-26-2024, 11:18 AM   #3553
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Calling him on his BS actually works!

Next step is fact-checking.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 11:21 AM   #3554
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

He will 100% say something racist and 50% chance he says the N word or calls her a dumb bitch.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 11:24 AM   #3555
Jas_lov
College Starter

Looks like the new scandal today is Tim Walz taking photos with dogs at the dog park. They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 11:42 AM   #3556
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Looks like the new scandal today is Tim Walz taking photos with dogs at the dog park. They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel for anything.

If proof exists of him eating ice cream I'm out.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 12:21 PM   #3557
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I never get tired of the RFK stories.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 12:34 PM   #3558
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Really not helping MAGA shake the weird label.
Old 08-26-2024, 12:48 PM   #3559
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
He will 100% say something racist and 50% chance he says the N word or calls her a dumb bitch.

I think this is the main reason why they don't want Trump muted-say something so racist/sexist that he won't be able to deny it-show how dangerous he would be if he said something similar to a world leader. Harris would almost "win" the debate by default. No doubt her debate 'handlers" will prep her for how he stalked Clinton
Old 08-26-2024, 01:01 PM   #3560
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The thumbs up, smiling photos at Arlington cemetery are something else.
Old 08-26-2024, 01:58 PM   #3561
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

It is crazy how much time they are spending on Walz instead of Harris. It is pretty clear how big a threat they feel he is, "VP pick doesn't make a difference" be damned.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 02:32 PM   #3562
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The thumbs up, smiling photos at Arlington cemetery are something else.

yes nothing says solemn, serious reflection of those who gave their life for this country then a smile and a thumbs up. i sure hope i can do one of those when Trump loses again.
Old 08-26-2024, 02:44 PM   #3563
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

IMO it’s an unforced error letting Trump be at Arlington today. Biden or Harris should have been there. It’s really bad optics and for some reason I’ll never understand people in the military support him. This just reinforces the narrative he cares more about our troops than Harris or Biden.
Old 08-26-2024, 02:49 PM   #3564
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
yes nothing says solemn, serious reflection of those who gave their life for this country then a smile and a thumbs up. i sure hope i can do one of those when Trump loses again.

In Bojack Horseman underwater world, a thumbs up means "f*** you!"
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 02:50 PM   #3565
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
IMO it’s an unforced error letting Trump be at Arlington today. Biden or Harris should have been there. It’s really bad optics and for some reason I’ll never understand people in the military support him. This just reinforces the narrative he cares more about our troops than Harris or Biden.

Looking at that family's reaction, seems entirely possible they preferred/requested Trump & defying that would've been worse optics.

Last edited by thesloppy : 08-26-2024 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-26-2024, 03:13 PM   #3566
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Looking at that family's reaction, seems entirely possible they preferred/requested Trump & defying that would've been worse optics.

I was seeing that the families requested him but IMO they should have said no and sent Biden or Harris, or just told them no Trump.
Old 08-26-2024, 03:16 PM   #3567
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
In Bojack Horseman underwater world, a thumbs up means "f*** you!"

So all these people are really swearing at him? Good to know
Old 08-26-2024, 03:23 PM   #3568
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

There is a large group of veterans who seem him for the coward he is and are politically active. Check out VoteVets twitter feed:

x.com
Old 08-26-2024, 03:29 PM   #3569
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
There is a large group of veterans who seem him for the coward he is and are politically active. Check out VoteVets twitter feed:

x.com

Sure there are, but still far too many support him. Including people in my own orbit.
Old 08-26-2024, 03:37 PM   #3570
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Sure there are, but still far too many support him. Including people in my own orbit.

Me too and I agree
Old 08-26-2024, 03:56 PM   #3571
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:

Maybe they'll have Kristi Noem show up and gun down the dogs.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 04:16 PM   #3572
bob
College Starter

I don’t know who is going to win, but either way I think roughly 40% of the country is going to be shocked about the outcome.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 04:32 PM   #3573
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Eh

I think very few dems will be shocked if Trump wins. Most realize he has a shot. They will be absolutely disgusted, but not shocked.

MAGA will absolutely be since they have been programmed the only way he loses is if the dems cheat and they spend so much time in their echo chambers equating lawn signs and boat parades to electoral votes.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-26-2024 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-26-2024, 07:03 PM   #3574
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Arizona Policemen's Association endorsed Gallego. Another winnable senate race thrown away by the GOP and their extremists.
Old 08-26-2024, 07:14 PM   #3575
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I don't think police organizations or unions should be endorsing candidates. They have a right but it's a crap look.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 07:57 PM   #3576
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I see that with judges as well. Shouldn't they just enforce the laws, not enforce the laws from one political standpoint? Judy may have a political stance, but Judge Judy should be political-free.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2024, 08:40 PM   #3577
Ksyrup

Quote:
Eh

I think very few dems will be shocked if Trump wins. Most realize he has a shot. They will be absolutely disgusted, but not shocked.

MAGA will absolutely be since they have been programmed the only way he loses is if the dems cheat and they spend so much time in their echo chambers equating lawn signs and boat parades to electoral votes.

Yep. I won't be shocked either way, just disgusted or relieved.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-26-2024, 09:21 PM   #3578
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I get that, but there's no way around it in terms of the first amendment. If cops can't endorse then no government employee can and that's not going to work.
Old 08-26-2024, 10:19 PM   #3579
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota
I see that with judges as well. Shouldn't they just enforce the laws, not enforce the laws from one political standpoint? Judy may have a political stance, but Judge Judy should be political-free.

Depends on what you think the law is/should be. Viewing the law in general in that manner has long been a debated and highly political view.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 07:29 AM   #3580
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

I never get tired of the RFK stories.

Brainworm or chemtrails?

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 07:44 AM   #3581
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I get that, but there's no way around it in terms of the first amendment. If cops can't endorse then no government employee can and that's not going to work.

They shouldn't be able to do it in uniform though. I'm a government employee and I definitely am not allowed to do anything political while wearing something representing my office.
Old 08-27-2024, 07:52 AM   #3582
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The DNC is suing Georgia over an election law the state passed that basically allows any member of the MAGA election board to refuse to certify the election if the think there are inconsistencies', except the law doesn't outline what those would be.

Harris needs to win going away of MAGA is going to make this look like 2000 was a breeze.
Old 08-27-2024, 07:57 AM   #3583
Ksyrup

Yep. We are in for a shitshow. If Harris wins, it will be by slim margins.

Unless Trump wins, of course. Then the election aftermath itself won't be a shitshow because it will have been a "perfect" election, but the next 4 years will be the shitshow.
Old 08-27-2024, 08:00 AM   #3584
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The rules are pretty clear.

In my personal capacity, I can be as politically active as I want.

But I cannot use any office resources to do anything political.

And I cannot in any way be political in my capacity as a federal employee

(Because we know how valuable the "random public defender" endorsement is :-))
Old 08-27-2024, 08:17 AM   #3585
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryche View Post
They shouldn't be able to do it in uniform though. I'm a government employee and I definitely am not allowed to do anything political while wearing something representing my office.

Absolutely agree with that.
Old 08-27-2024, 10:39 AM   #3586
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Just saw what they are complaining about now. Yep they are scraping-surprised they haven't called him a pedophile yet for that picture of him hugging all the kids who were there when he signed the free meals at school act.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:04 AM   #3587
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Just saw what they are complaining about now. Yep they are scraping-surprised they haven't called him a pedophile yet for that picture of him hugging all the kids who were there when he signed the free meals at school act.

There was a great side by side going around recently of that Walz pic and one of Huckabee Sanders signing a child labor law bill. The contrast was hysterical.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:21 AM   #3588
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My favorite part might be that the too-online-MAGA guys actually have no idea what normal people are like, so they have to keep guessing.

"Hey, Walz went to a dog park and pet a dog that wasn't his. That's weird, right? People would think that's, like, cheating on your dog, right? Let's post that and tell people it's weird. They'll probably agree with us."
Old 08-27-2024, 11:34 AM   #3589
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
My favorite part might be that the too-online-MAGA guys actually have no idea what normal people are like, so they have to keep guessing.

"Hey, Walz went to a dog park and pet a dog that wasn't his. That's weird, right? People would think that's, like, cheating on your dog, right? Let's post that and tell people it's weird. They'll probably agree with us."

I think most of the top maga personalities know it’s all bullshit but that the people they cater to are too stupid to know it and the money is in the grift.
Old 08-27-2024, 11:41 AM   #3590
Edward64
Head Coach

RFK's payment ...

Quote:
Former Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. have both been added to Donald Trump’s transition team. Both endorsed Trump in recent days.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 11:54 AM   #3591
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Trump is pissed that the White House censored the Hunter Biden laptop story in 2020.

Does anyone know who the president was in 2020?
Old 08-27-2024, 11:57 AM   #3592
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
I think most of the top maga personalities know it’s all bullshit but that the people they cater to are too stupid to know it and the money is in the grift.

It is more than that. It is just trying to create an image of Waltz as being a fake and a liar to low-information voters. You just keep throwing out these stories whether they have a shread of truth or not, and people who just reads a lede and never looks deeper thinks "wow, that guy is a fraud."
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 12:27 PM   #3593
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Trump is pissed that the White House censored the Hunter Biden laptop story in 2020.

Does anyone know who the president was in 2020?

Reading and understanding dates and calendars has been a constant issue for MAGA, Trump included. All the closed schools and businesses in May 2020 were President Biden's fault by 2022.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 04:44 PM   #3594
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

lol isn't he pretending to be Catholic?

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 08:05 PM   #3595
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

So true. Not only those within the party framework but also any of the alt-right talking heads. I'm not entirely convinced that people like Milo Yiannopoulos, Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Tim Pool, etc. believe what they espouse but it's just so easy for them to make money off the rubes. If one were lacking scruples - and smart enough to take advantage of it, which these guys are - then it would be an enticing gig. The net worth of these guys is ridiculous.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 08:31 PM   #3596
PilotMan
Head Coach

In maga-land every time Alex Jones cries, an angel gets it's wings.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 09:12 PM   #3597
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

JFC

Old 08-27-2024, 09:16 PM   #3598
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Nightmare blunt rotation.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:28 PM   #3599
Thomkal
Head Coach

not quite the Avengers there
Old 08-28-2024, 06:40 AM   #3600
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

More like Legion of Dumb.

Where's all my military defenders now on the discussion of the photo op at Arlington and attacking one of the cemetary workers there for trying to prevent them from photographing the recent dead for political ad campaigns....

seems very patriotic.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote