Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2021, 04:19 PM   #3501
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

My guess is the final bill comes in closer to 2, but there's a deal to be had if ManSinema want one.
Old 10-02-2021, 04:21 PM   #3502
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm glad Biden is optimistic. The real question is what will the Progressive give up?

Progressives rallied behind Biden's agenda. Now he’s gotta sell them on a compromise. - POLITICO
Quote:
After strongly signaling to progressives this week to hold the line on their demands for a massive climate and social spending bill, President Joe Biden took a trip to the Hill on Friday to deliver another message: prepare to eat half the loaf.

In remarks to House members, Biden warned progressives that they would likely have to accept a reconciliation bill with a price tag between $1.9 trillion and $2.3 trillion — well below the $3.5 trillion they’d initially priced for. To sell the deal, Biden argued that even at that reduced level, the party would still be making “historic” investments.

The early indication is that Biden will get some leeway from progressives in large part because he backed their demands around the sequencing of his two major bills. The president disappointed moderates when he downplayed the need to hold a vote this Thursday on an infrastructure bill that they have championed.

Instead, he stressed that he wanted to get both bills ready to go first before voting on any individual one.

“It doesn't matter whether it's six minutes, six days or six weeks — we're going to get it done,” Biden told reporters during the Capitol visit.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 04:23 PM   #3503
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Progressives have been signaling they are willing to negotiate for days. Voting for the BIF in the Sente shows they aren't the ones holding a deal up.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:53 PM   #3504
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, as far as I can tell people have been asking Manchin and Sinema what they would accept and they haven't responded with anything.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 10-02-2021 at 05:54 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 06:35 PM   #3505
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Sounds like Manchin is negotiating now, but Sinema went back to AZ for a high-dollar fundraiser and released a letter blaming progressives for holding up Biden's agenda.

I have no idea what she wants.
Old 10-02-2021, 08:29 PM   #3506
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Attention.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:08 AM   #3507
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Attention.

As in being stalked in a restroom.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:11 AM   #3508
Edward64
Head Coach

Another Biden statement on the range. Have to assume he's gotten these nos from Manchin & Sinema.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/04/polit...age/index.html
Quote:
President Joe Biden said in a virtual meeting with a group of House progressives on Monday that the top line of the social safety net package needs to come down to somewhere between $1.9 trillion and $2.2 trillion, according to two sources familiar with the call.

Biden told the group, according to one of the sources, that was the range he felt Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema would accept but did not specify further within that range.
Old 10-05-2021, 05:34 AM   #3509
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Attention.

They were of course clutching their pearls about this on Fox News yesterday and the expert guest actually said “ in America we don’t hunt down our elected officials” without so much as a hint of irony.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 06:31 AM   #3510
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
As in being stalked in a restroom.
Sometimes you get what you want and you wish you hadn't.
Old 10-06-2021, 11:30 AM   #3511
molson
General Manager

I love the trillion dollar coin thing even though it sounds like the prologue of a Tom Clancy novel where bad shit will immediately go down.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #3512
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I love the trillion dollar coin thing even though it sounds like the prologue of a Tom Clancy novel where bad shit will immediately go down.

Or a new Keifer Sutherland show called "Fed Up", where he must track down who stole the trillion dollar coin.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:39 AM   #3513
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 11:51 AM   #3514
RainMaker
General Manager

Just hold a vote. If Sinema and Manchin and anyone else want to blow things up, that's fine. Stop giving cover to people for unpopular votes.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 12:08 PM   #3515
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

My tv show idea would definitely be Keifer, but if it's a movie, then this has got to be Nic Cage.

It would be Jake Peralta's favorite movie ever.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 01:07 PM   #3516
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'm thinking Don Cheadle. He could hit the humor, but it wouldn't become a slapstick farce.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:06 PM   #3517
Edward64
Head Coach

Alright, a little breathing room on debt ceiling. Now let's get that $1.2+$3.5 done.

538 has Biden approval at 44%. Plenty of time to recover but the deal needs to get done somehow.
Old 10-06-2021, 06:12 PM   #3518
Atocep
Coordinator

So is anyone else following what's going on with the Idaho Lt Governor?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #3519
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Yes, apparently her babysitter fell asleep and she broke into the adult room and signed executive orders.......Seriously, she is a piece of work and another thing to thank Trump for as Bat shit crazy in public office is now chic.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 06:53 PM   #3520
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

It’s just a game to them.
Old 10-06-2021, 07:15 PM   #3521
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Yeah, I was reading about it today. Let me know if I got this right:
Idaho Lt. Gov. battles Governor again on COVID executive orders | Boise State Public Radio

Idaho governor Brad Little is out of state doing a conservative governor border stunt and photo-op in Texas (you know, what with Idaho sharing that US-Mexico border)

The state’s Lieutenant Governor is Janice McGeachin, far right nut job, who has already declared she’s running for governor next year.
While he’s out of the state, she does this:
Today, as Acting Governor, I fixed Gov. Little’s Executive Order on "vaccine passports" to make sure that K-12 schools and universities cannot require vaccinations OR require mandatory testing. I will continue to fight for your individual Liberty! #idpol pic.twitter.com/Jz87jfZaWc
— Janice McGeachin (@JaniceMcGeachin) October 5, 2021
His response:
I will be rescinding and reversing any actions taken by the Lt. Governor when I return. pic.twitter.com/iBuQqX1R5i
— Brad Little (@GovernorLittle) October 5, 2021
Not only did the little authoritarian try to do the stupid no-testing or vaccines, but she apparently also tried to deploy the Idaho national guard to the border.
"The Associated Press reported Major General Michael Marshak rebuffed McGeachin’s request, reminding her the guard was not a law enforcement agency."
So she’s trying to take the Governor’s job via election or, attempting to, by loophole. Meanwhile, looking over her shoulder:
In a statement, Idaho House Speaker Scott Bedke called McGeachin’s actions, "overreach that does not represent Idaho and Idahoans." Bedke, who announced he’s running for Lt. Governor in 2022, said GOP leadership is working through a return to session to deny recent vaccination mandates from the Biden administration. His statement endorsed draft legislation this week from the interim Joint Committee on Federalism which would make it illegal for state, county or local authorities to cooperate with a federal vaccine requirement. "What comes next will be determined soon by the Legislative Branch and not be left to the Lt. Governor to dictate," Bedke wrote in a statement email Tuesday.
SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:23 PM   #3522
molson
General Manager

She does this every time he leaves town.

This is why many Idaho Democrats register Republican to vote for people like Little and Butch Otter in closed Republican primaries rather than vote in their own primaries.

The more moderate Idaho Republicans tend to win state-wide elections by landslides, but, you just don't know anymore....

Last edited by molson : 10-06-2021 at 08:31 PM.
Old 10-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #3523
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who would you want to see star in a movie about a bumbling Treasury employee who accidentally loses The Coin on the way to depositing it at the Fed and needs to find it before anyone realizes it’s missing?— poorly hidden account (@poorlyhidden) October 5, 2021

Sounds kind of like something that Greg from Succession would do.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2021, 02:13 PM   #3524
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

As I understand it

Debt limit coming up

Dems want GOP to vote with them to raise it

GOP says no (normal for out-of-power party)

Dems say OK, we will all vote for it

GOP says, no you have to do it through reconciliation (which would be more cumbersome for Dems). GOP filibusters debt limit bill.

Dems stand firm and say we will own this, but we want it at 50 votes for a regular bill. We aren't doing reconciliation.

McConnell realizes that the three endgames for his position are (1) default; (2) weaken filibuster by making carve out; (3) GOP cave at last minute.

McConnell realizes that all three of those suck, so he folds his 2/7 offsuit pre-flop and tells the Dems that they still have to vote for it, but they can do it at 50

Now some GOP members are forcing a filibuster, so McConnell is scrambling to get 10 GOP Senators to help break the filibuster.

If the GOP radicals feel the need to pressure Mitch McConnell for being too bipartisan, then they really aren't reading the room.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 10-07-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-07-2021, 02:46 PM   #3525
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't particularly care if a handful of senators are nostalgic and want to preserve the filibuster out of a sense of tradition or whatever, but the "it's a slippery slope" argument and being afraid of what happens the next time they are the minority party just seems silly and ignorant for the Democrats.

Does anyone actually believe that a Mitch McConnell (who now seems like one of the more principled among Republican senators due to how far out of whack everything else has gotten) led majority would not carve out exceptions for the filibuster if the Democrats start using it on stupid stuff like setting the debt limit (and note I'm not calling being responsible with the debt stupid, but the debt limit is all about what has already been spent rather than future spending)? If the Democrats haven't learned the playbook from the way the Supreme Court has played out over the past few years, they really don't belong in the same arena as McConnell.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:49 PM   #3526
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Not sure if this anecdote belongs in this thread or another but oh well:

My coworker was asked "Why do you have life insurance?"

His response was "Because I can't afford health insurance"

Last edited by NobodyHere : 10-08-2021 at 08:49 PM.
NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 05:37 AM   #3527
Edward64
Head Coach

There's been a lot of Taiwan-China-US in the news.

Nationalism is strong in China. HK, the Spratleys etc. and now somewhat threatening display of power (e.g. military flights). I'm sure they are feeling defensive and reacting to the US. But I wouldn't put an invasion beyond Xi and I wouldn't trust US to protect Taiwan other than selling weaponry and leading global condemnation.

If I was Xi, I'd play the long game and get a bunch of China sympathizers into Taiwanese politics & military (bribe, cajole etc. whatever). I don't see Taiwan remaining independent into next century with China's emergence (and they are so damn close). It'll happen militarily or politically one day.

I've never visited Taiwan but do remember a Zimmern (or was it Bourdain) episode on "stinky tofu" and thinking I have to try it. May have to visit soon.
Old 10-09-2021, 09:21 AM   #3528
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'd very much like to visit Taiwan in the next few years - CPBL helped get me through some of the early days of the pandemic. A Chinese takeover seems inevitable and I'd like to go see the country before that.

SI

Old 10-11-2021, 05:42 PM   #3529
Edward64
Head Coach

IMO Politico is prematurely alarmist. Biden's got a lot of issues with infighting, the 1.2+3.5 bills in limbo, and economy/covid/inflation are somewhat intertwined. And he pretty much owns all of these.

But assume we get some of the 1.2+3.5 and we learn to live with covid (e.g. acceptable level of increased deaths), I have faith his polls will rebound.

Because if they don't, God help us with Trump waiting in the wings.

‘The president’s decline is alarming’: Biden trapped in coronavirus malaise - POLITICO
Quote:
In a focus group last week, Pennsylvania Democrats one after another articulated the issue vexing top White House aides, party operatives in Virginia and voters in Georgia: Why isn’t President Joe Biden’s diminished job rating rebounding?

All nine participants from Tuesday’s session gave Biden C- grades or lower. And their answers circled back to a similar point: The pandemic and the many ways it continues to hinder normal life is souring their views of Biden.
:
Nearly nine months into office, Biden and his team contend that the ravages of the pandemic are starting to recede due to his actions. They point to polling showing strong support for his legislative agenda, anchored by physical infrastructure and social and climate spending packages. They note how rare it’s been for Democratic lawmakers to break ranks, even during this current, difficult period.

But Biden’s standing with Americans has plummeted, with his average approval rating plunging by nearly 15 points since late June. He's seen a drop among Democrats and even more with Republicans, but the decline has been particularly steep among independent voters. In the same time period, the president has scrambled to salvage his domestic initiatives amid infighting among Democrats over their size and sequencing. He has presided over a chaotic and deadly withdrawal from Afghanistan and faced criticism for his response to the inhumane treatment of Haitian migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border.

But it’s the pandemic that looms over it all, making it all the more difficult for the White House to turn back the slide.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:32 PM   #3530
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Politico knows better than to use a single poll, but that's what helps sell the narrative. The CBS poll this weekend has Biden at 50/50.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:36 PM   #3531
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

It's not necessary to use one poll to sell the narrative. 538 has Biden down as well:

June 1 - 53.7
July 1 - 52.0
August 1 - 51.5
September 1 - 46.7
October 1 - 45.0
Today - 44.6

One can debate why it's happened and how much of it's permanent, but this is a real thing that has occurred.

I do think it's super-premature to worry about Trump in 2024 though. Biden's numbers are still better Trump's were, and that's before you take into account the dive that happened in January. It's just barely late enough to start to begin being concerned about the midterms.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-11-2021 at 07:39 PM.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 08:27 PM   #3532
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It really is amazing considering it is the right that is keeping us in this pandemic. Amazing there are independents who cant see that.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:33 PM   #3533
Edward64
Head Coach

Some people see and think in black and white.

Others see and think black, white and grey. Might be (lean) lighter or darker grey, but still grey.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:44 PM   #3534
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
It's not necessary to use one poll to sell the narrative. 538 has Biden down as well:

June 1 - 53.7
July 1 - 52.0
August 1 - 51.5
September 1 - 46.7
October 1 - 45.0
Today - 44.6

One can debate why it's happened and how much of it's permanent, but this is a real thing that has occurred.

I do think it's super-premature to worry about Trump in 2024 though. Biden's numbers are still better Trump's were, and that's before you take into account the dive that happened in January. It's just barely late enough to start to begin being concerned about the midterms.

It's down, but it's only down 15 if you look at the single worst poll. A couple of recent polls show a bit of a recovery, but if we are still dealing with COVID next year it will be a bloodbath.
Old 10-11-2021, 11:48 PM   #3535
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think it's still worth discussing that polls were practically proven worthless in the past couple years, but we've gone back to taking them at face value.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 12:11 AM   #3536
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I would call that a pretty severe over-reaction. Polls are definitely less trustworthy than they used to be, but they are nowhere near useless. They're still right far more often than they are wrong.

Edit: It's definitely worth remembering, and a good point to bring up, that they are less 'the way things are' and more 'our best indicator' these days. But I'd still say they are way, way more reliable than 'this must be what people think, how could they think anything else', or any other method I'm aware of to judge the public's views on most matters.

Re: the independents, it's always been the case that people blame people in charge for national conditions. Sometimes that's justified, and sometimes it isn't, but as a nation there's a long tradition of blaming & rewarding politicians for results/situations, not reasoned assessments of their actions or inactions.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 10-12-2021 at 12:21 AM.
Brian Swartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 06:25 AM   #3537
Edward64
Head Coach

If you're going to sell out your country, at least do it for big $. I wonder what goes through the head of husband-wife when they do this. In this case, don't think it was for some communist/socialist ideal but just spending money.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/10/polit...ion/index.html
Quote:
After retrieving the SD card, the undercover agent sent Toebbe a $20,000 cryptocurrency payment and Toebbe responded with the description key for the card, according to the complaint. The FBI said it "opened the provided SD card and provided the contents" to a US Navy subject matter expert, who confirmed it had classified information.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:25 AM   #3538
Edward64
Head Coach

Story is a little short on details. If this was on purpose with ill intent, absolutely fire and prosecute them. They were just fired so wonder if this was incompetence, mistake etc. I do want the additional details.

Two Georgia workers fired after being accused of shredding voting applications | Fox News
Quote:
The two unidentified employees are accused of shredding batches of applications the county received instead of properly processing them, according to a release from Fulton County Registration and Elections Director Richard Barron.

The allegations come just three weeks before Fulton County residents are set to vote in municipal elections, with all of the shredded applications being received in the last two weeks.

The two workers were reported by fellow employees Friday and were terminated later that day.
Old 10-12-2021, 10:58 AM   #3539
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
If you're going to sell out your country, at least do it for big $. I wonder what goes through the head of husband-wife when they do this. In this case, don't think it was for some communist/socialist ideal but just spending money.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/10/polit...ion/index.html

This feels like the couple was desperate for $20,000. Maybe a $20,000 gambling debt that needed to be paid pronto or else! This is especially strange as it is being reported that the couple made the first move.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:08 AM   #3540
GrantDawg

Hmmm...strange how these two workers did something so dumb in a very easy to catch manner just as the state is trying to find ways to take over the election apparatus of the most democratic and minority populated County. That is not suspicious at all.

Old 10-12-2021, 11:28 AM   #3541
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

June 1 - 53.7
July 1 - 52.0
August 1 - 51.5
September 1 - 46.7
October 1 - 45.0
Today - 44.6

As we know and you've pointed out repeatedly in many different threads polls don't reflect the reality on the ground of what's going on.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #3542
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hmmm...strange how these two workers did something so dumb in a very easy to catch manner just as the state is trying to find ways to take over the election apparatus of the most democratic and minority populated County. That is not suspicious at all.

Especially since they're unidentified and no other county. If I didn't know any better, in a county that leans heavily blue, this seems like a great opportunity to both shred a bunch of Democratic ballots /and/ help the GOP elections apparatus of the state take over.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-12-2021 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:37 AM   #3543
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
As we know and you've pointed out repeatedly in many different threads polls don't reflect the reality on the ground of what's going on.

I dunno - it seems like it's a reasonable snapshot of what's going on right now within some error bars. But there are so many variables in play between now and Election Day that it's not going to be a great predictor of those outcomes.

SI

Old 10-12-2021, 12:38 PM   #3544
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Especially since they're unidentified and no other county. If I didn't know any better, in a county that leans heavily blue, this seems like a great opportunity to both shred a bunch of Democratic ballots /and/ help the GOP elections apparatus of the state take over.

SI

I find it amazing that this article is on FOX News and they don't mention until the very last line they don't know what voters were affected, but I am sure their readers with read all the way until the end and not draw any conclusions from just the headline.
Old 10-12-2021, 03:31 PM   #3545
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
This feels like the couple was desperate for $20,000. Maybe a $20,000 gambling debt that needed to be paid pronto or else! This is especially strange as it is being reported that the couple made the first move.

It was 20k per file. 5 million total for all.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 04:00 PM   #3546
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
It was 20k per file. 5 million total for all.

Okay, sorry didn't see that in the link. But that would tempt many to be a Benedict Arnold.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:24 PM   #3547
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Bring on that sweet sweet nullification crisis!

Quote:
Texas told a federal appeals court Thursday that it was free to pass its law banning abortion after six weeks because states can reach their own conclusions about whether the procedure is constitutional.

“The Supreme Court’s interpretations of the Constitution are not the Constitution itself — they are, after all, called opinions," lawyers for the state said. "The federal and state political branches have every prerogative to adopt interpretations of the Constitution that differ from the Supreme Court’s, and they have every prerogative to enact laws that deprive the judiciary of opportunities to consider pre-enforcement challenges to their statutes.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:46 PM   #3548
RainMaker
General Manager

"they are, after all, called opinions"

You should be required to list the law school you attended when writing shit like that. Let everyone point and laugh at them.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:48 PM   #3549
RainMaker
General Manager

Also, fuck paying federal taxes, those were just "opinions" by the court that I had to pay them.

Does this mean states can ban guns now? Maybe the state has a different interpretation of the constitution.
Old 10-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #3550
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Bring on that sweet sweet nullification crisis!

This is exactly the kind of thing that legislators in my state pay outside counsel $300/hour to argue because the $50/hour state attorneys won't. Then the outside counsel lose the case and the state agency gets threatened with defunding, out of spite. And in fact, lots of far-right business people run for state legislature just so they can funnel this type of legal work through the far-right attorneys they're connected to, even though they know they won't win.

Boy does it make them mad when they're told their position is unconstitutional and won't be pursued by state attorneys. They're not used to hearing that from private attorneys who will argue anything for the right price. There is an idea, obviously not subscribed to everywhere, that state attorneys should be held to a higher ethical standard because they're not simply working for a client for political interests, but for the state as a whole. Of course even when they spend 6X on private counsel on a losing case, it's still taxpayer money, they just have a wider net to cast to find willing counsel. The idea that regular-old salaried state attorneys make these kind of arguments is disturbing.

Last edited by molson : 10-15-2021 at 09:42 AM.