Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2008, 09:57 AM   #3501
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
but during the night would come up false is what you are implying
Statements made at night by the Spawn would reflect the player being a spawn.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #3502
hoopsguy
General Manager

It would also help with promotions - Saldana's role is going away with the slave pens, so I would like to see him moved to another function if he is cleared.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #3503
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Looks like olie was here, then left.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:00 AM   #3504
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Chubby, if you're suspicious of hoops (I haven't caught up much on the case against him, so I won't comment on if I personally think you should be), then you should probably find a night statement of his to check. If you want, I can check out saldana.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 AM   #3505
hoopsguy
General Manager

Pass, I guess that is a better play because I've already come up good from a Dr. scan once. So find a night statement where I saw "I'm not a spawn" and use it if that is important to establish trust.

I'll help find one if people feel strongly on this point.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:09 AM   #3506
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Chubby, if you're suspicious of hoops (I haven't caught up much on the case against him, so I won't comment on if I personally think you should be), then you should probably find a night statement of his to check. If you want, I can check out saldana.

Hoops isn't that high on my list as are some others. Even Saldana I'm not super high on because of his results on missions but I do see the benefit of clearing him to eliminate the math play for the spawn and also to aid with promotions (as hoops just mentioned)

After bullet I am most suspicious of Mrs Schmidty. I haven't seen her on at all today (olie was on but I didn't get a response to my interrogation email so not sure if she works during the day and was just popping in or what is going on but I better get a response before the end of the day and hopefully before I go to work so I can report).

bullet has also all but disappeared and his voting with the MV just raises too many flags for me. Yes I know he's a dink sometimes playing WW but he could be using it to his advantage and the voting is just too weird.

My suggestion for the day is this:
I scan saldana - this eliminates the math excuse for wolves, hopefully clears him for promotions.
you scan mrs schmidty - we're both investigating the two that were supposed to be protecting last night.
vote - how everyone sees fit. My vote is still on bullet right now.

thoughts?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #3507
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah I am really anxious to hear what olie and Mrs. Schmidty have to say about guarding the doctors as well.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:13 AM   #3508
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What's this interrogation thing about? Is that the same thing hoops had?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #3509
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What's this interrogation thing about? Is that the same thing hoops had?

Yes.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #3510
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was scanned by Path (Dr) on Day 3.

Interrogation is a PM conversation between characters, initiated by the security officer. Since I was the security officer, I was not "interrogated" by anyone, but I did talk with Path on D1.

I have not been empath scanned at any point this game.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:37 AM   #3511
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i have never performed a night attack of any kind during this game

I am going to send this in as my scan. I only have an hour before I have to leave for work and can't risk sending it in too late and having to leave for work or not hearing back.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #3512
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Olie, I would really like to hear an explanation when you get here.

I sent in a PM to guard MV last night. In the PM I rec'd this morning it said that I while I was guarding him, he was attacked by Spawn - since I didn't have a phaser (HQ is down - no guns), I was unable to fight him off and also that I managed to escape un-injured.

I was not told that I was wandering the ship with Mrs. Schmidty, only that I saw her during the night, but details weren't given.

I'm catching up on the last page now - been slammed at work all morning so I've been in the thread but not able to read it for a while...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #3513
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
I sent in a PM to guard MV last night. In the PM I rec'd this morning it said that I while I was guarding him, he was attacked by Spawn - since I didn't have a phaser (HQ is down - no guns), I was unable to fight him off and also that I managed to escape un-injured.

I was not told that I was wandering the ship with Mrs. Schmidty, only that I saw her during the night, but details weren't given.

I'm catching up on the last page now - been slammed at work all morning so I've been in the thread but not able to read it for a while...

I don't buy this. I think that if Olie was guarding someone who was attacked she'd end up wounded.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:51 AM   #3514
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

From the rules:
Quote:
Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Sergeant-at-Arms and the attacker(s). If the Security Crewman is armed he will receive an additional bonus. Protect has a much smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. 1 AP

This doesn't really seem to match up very well. If you guard, the attack is against you and not the target. The phaser gives you a bonus for success, a lack of one doesn't keep you from guarding.

I'm very comfortable that you are Spawn at this point, given your explanation being contradictory to the rules, but I'm not sure that you are the first one I want to vote for today. I'll wait to see the results of the other scans, but if they come back negative you have my vote.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #3515
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm caught up and will put in an order to work on the slave pens although given that Saldana is the percentage play here AND he guarded the pens last night and they still took damage, that is likely the way I'm going to go with my vote.

Although I am looking into one more possibility that goes back to some of last night's discussion where I may have been too quick to trust someone absolutely.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #3516
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

That is not how the rules say your role works:

Quote:
Protect Night Only May choose to protect a person or location against attack. If there is an attack on that person/place the attack will occur between the Sergeant-at-Arms and the attacker(s). If the Security Crewman is armed he will receive an additional bonus. Protect has a much smaller positive effect against a Spawn Attack. 1 AP
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #3517
hoopsguy
General Manager

It is nice to see that Alan and I can agree on something.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #3518
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

still waiting to hear back from Barkeep but it's looking like I'm going to change my vote before I leave for work.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #3519
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

so far olie hasn't said anything inconsistent with what she has posted in the thread. not that that means anything either way, just updating.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #3520
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Damn, Alan, you are not the person who is the ideal candidate to be vouching for KWhit at this point in the game.

This is far from crazy/improbable - you also said you suspect security. If Mrs Schmidty was a starting Spawn she could absolutely have gone after KWhit on N1. You were in the Brig with him on N2.

I also watched Olie on N1 and saw her spy on Saldana. So she could not have been involved with any kind of illicit activity on N1. This is why I distrust Mrs Schmidty more. Greater risk, more days where she could have been involved with Spawn-like actions.

Hoops, for someone who has been spouting off percentages all game, why are you focusing on such a long shot?

Alan and I have both been cleared by Path - proven good. We are vouching for each other with the Absolute trust. He and I hinted at it to each other well before anyone else mentioned anything about it.

I think Alan has actually been cleared more than once even? Wasn't an empath scan used that pretty much cleared him as well. I don't remember the specifics, because I haven't been concerned with his guilt or innocence since I KNOW HE'S INNOCENT, but I remember a post he laid out how he had been cleared multiple times.

It feels like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth - "Let's focus on the statistical probablities of who is likely to be spawn" and then "Well if A happened and then B happened and then C or D happened but not E, F, or G, then Alan and KWhit are spawn. Come on. And it's not like we've done anything suspicious! We've been working as hard as anyone to help the villagers.

You're distracting everyone by focusing on us.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #3521
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
i have never performed a night attack of any kind during this game - saldana

I am going to send this in as my scan. I only have an hour before I have to leave for work and can't risk sending it in too late and having to leave for work or not hearing back.

This came back as true.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #3522
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Hoops, for someone who has been spouting off percentages all game, why are you focusing on such a long shot?

Alan and I have both been cleared by Path - proven good. We are vouching for each other with the Absolute trust. He and I hinted at it to each other well before anyone else mentioned anything about it.

I think Alan has actually been cleared more than once even? Wasn't an empath scan used that pretty much cleared him as well. I don't remember the specifics, because I haven't been concerned with his guilt or innocence since I KNOW HE'S INNOCENT, but I remember a post he laid out how he had been cleared multiple times.

It feels like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth - "Let's focus on the statistical probablities of who is likely to be spawn" and then "Well if A happened and then B happened and then C or D happened but not E, F, or G, then Alan and KWhit are spawn. Come on. And it's not like we've done anything suspicious! We've been working as hard as anyone to help the villagers.

I'd have to dig up the exact quote but my empath scan of MV was to check to see if he scanned alan for saying he was scanned and came up cleared (or something to that effect) which came back true.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #3523
KWhit
Coordinator

Vote Oliegirl.

I want to get a vote out there early and she looks seriously spawnish to me.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #3524
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

You Did it Again (to "Ooops...I Did it Again" by Britney Spears)

No No No No No
No No No No No No

I think you did it again
You made us believe that you were our friends
Oh slavey, everything you touch you crush
and things are getting serious
'Cause me to lose all my sleep
Why can't you just let us be
Oh slavey, slavey

Ooops...you did it again
you destroyed your pen
and we might lose this game
Oh slavey, slavey
Oops! We think that it's fixed
but we've only been tricked
You're not that innocent

You see my problem is this
I could be dreaming away
while the heroes, they carry phasers
but instead I cry
working night and day with no pay
I'm a fool in so many ways
But to lose all my sleep,
that is just so typically sucky,
Slavey

Oooops you did it again
you destroyed your pen
and we might just lose this game
Oh slavey, slavey
Ooops we think that it's fixed
but we've only been tricked
You're not that innocent

No No No No No No
No
No No No No No
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #3525
hoopsguy
General Manager

I followed Olie on Night 1 and she did use her action to spy on Saldana. I announced this publicly. This initially made me think that she would be a good conversion target for N2 (I wouldn't follow the same person twice, she used a spy action, what are the chances she guards herself that night?) but if that is the case she would be spawnling on D3 and full spawn D4, correct?

I would love to have gotten a member of the Council here, but I'm pretty skeptical of this. We certainly have the option to string her up and see what happens, but I think the other two targets both have a little higher chance of being Spawn.

Also, of mild interest, this is the third female Spawn in the game. I'm not making it out to be some kind of weird methodology for the bad guys, but it is statistically improbable.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #3526
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to have to agree with KWhit especially since I have to leave for work soon (and I don't want IHOF results to distract me into forgetting)

Lynch oliegirl

maybe something else will come up throughout the day but I won't be here right now she's the best bet ahead of bullet
Old 07-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #3527
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

KWhit, what night were you given Alan's name as your Absolute Trust partner?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #3528
path12
Coordinator

Go crew! Thanks for the guarding. :P

Fun game, BK. Thanks!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #3529
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote oligirl!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #3530
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

(more stuff)

KWhit, did you play the first spawn game? If so, you'll recall that I obsessed over risk management with the doctor when Vince scanned Raiders Army. The biggest risk we had was the assumption that our doctor was still good and trusting him for the duration of the game. That was kind of a longshot, but it was important to remove it from the board so we could move onto other parties without worrying about it.

The same concept is in play here - a false COT is how you lose the game.

Now, applying math to the game is a different matter entirely. The math comes into play, at least for me, as one tool to help guide actions.

Again, I get where it is frustrating for you to have me question this if you know you are good. But I'm not going to apologize for wanting to work through the variables around the trust list, particularly with the most important remaining people in the game.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM   #3531
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post

Heh. Funny you should ask. I haven't yet. I just know from the thread.

Lots of evidence in the stuff Alan posted matched my nightly experiences in becoming aware that I'm in the Absolute Trust.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #3532
Barkeep49
Coordinator

PurdueBrad take his suddenly slutty uniform to the Slave Pen to enact some repairs.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #3533
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

All I know is what I was told in my PM, and I'm not a spawn. You can vote for me, but with the 3 person loss we took last night, voting off a villager is not going to help you at all.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #3534
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
PurdueBrad take his suddenly slutty uniform to the Slave Pen to enact some repairs.

Did the GM just refer to me as slutty?

I'm so proud.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:17 AM   #3535
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I can answer this question if you would like me to. Not sure if you wanted kwhit to though or not.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #3536
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If everyone wants to follow along with Oliegirl, I'll change. But for now:

vote Saldana
Old 07-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #3537
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
All I know is what I was told in my PM, and I'm not a spawn. You can vote for me, but with the 3 person loss we took last night, voting off a villager is not going to help you at all.

That argument is almost as compelling as the one Telle offered.

"I don't know why I would be seeking or concentrating - I must have been looking for a bed".
Old 07-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #3538
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah Alan, go for it, because we need to get verification of who is connected with who from a trust standpoint.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #3539
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Heh. Funny you should ask. I haven't yet. I just know from the thread.

Lots of evidence in the stuff Alan posted matched my nightly experiences in becoming aware that I'm in the Absolute Trust.

Oh nevermind, Kwhit answered before I refreshed the page... His response is the same as mine. and also why I feel trust in you PB .. based on what you responded after my posts.

It never gives the name, but it told me what group the absolute trust was in, and Kwhit dropped other clues around the same time that helped pin it down.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:19 AM   #3540
hoopsguy
General Manager

Purdue, you might want to pay attention to Chubby's posts today before commiting to that vote.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #3541
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah Alan, go for it, because we need to get verification of who is connected with who from a trust standpoint.

Basically the final PM that came through said with absolute doubt my feelings were an Absolute trust of a member of my command crew. And the only person who had been dropping hints the entire way with me was Kwhit, each day.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:20 AM   #3542
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Purdue, you might want to pay attention to Chubby's posts today before commiting to that vote.

The one that said Saldana hasn't made any night attacks or am I missing something else. I'll look back just in case. If it is night attacks, I still like my vote as I doubt it would include conversions and, depending on role, the spawn may not risk using everyone for attacks.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #3543
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Basically the final PM that came through said with absolute doubt my feelings were an Absolute trust of a member of my command crew. And the only person who had been dropping hints the entire way with me was Kwhit, each day.

Gracias, then I'll lay off the line of questioning. Your PMs sound similar to what I received only about someone else.

That leaves Oliegirl or Saldana for me today. And yeah, I might be bitter that Saldana was guarding us and the slave pens still got damaged. Wouldn't Saldana show as wounded as well if there were a slave attack?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #3544
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
If everyone wants to follow along with Oliegirl, I'll change. But for now:

vote Saldana

Why saldana? And why would you change if everyone else votes for her?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #3545
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

If I'm bad, then I've either been converted since he spied on me, which goes back into the overlord/no overlord conversation. I have not received any PM which makes me out to be a spawn. I guarded MV last night and was told I escaped and MV was killed. If the overlord is in play, that might factor in to why it looks like my escape is "against the rules". Or it could have to do with the fact that I didn't have a phaser. I don't know. All I know is what my pm said.

I'm heading to lunch and then to the pool...but I assure you I am a villager. I'll be back in a few hours, have a friend over today so I don't have the ability to just sit and stay in the thread to defend myself.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:25 AM   #3546
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night attacks of any kind - I think that is pretty expansive, but that is just me.

I think you are making a bad vote and I hope you get zero traction for it.

Alan + KWhit - have you gotten hints of any kind that suggest you should trust PurdueBrad? I know you are vouching for each other, but I want to know if you are vouching for him as well.

Note - this isn't some kind of a Spawn trick, although I'm sure it will be painted as such. I just want to know who is supposed to be on the trust list when I'm evaluating people and it feels a little to me like PB is trying to inch himself in there.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #3547
hoopsguy
General Manager

Willing to change if Pass finds a different spawn - I think Olie is likely another Padawan.

VOTE OLIEGIRL
Old 07-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #3548
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why saldana? And why would you change if everyone else votes for her?

I think Oliegirl is caught. I really want to start exploring other options and Saldana is one of the two that I'm left with. As I said, there might just be a case of I'm bitter over having to re-work the slave pens again but he was guarding us, there were slave attacks, and he's not injured nor did he fend them off. Faked action? Also, how the f- do they keep getting loose?

That being said, I do think Olie is caught so me switching isn't like I'm saying you guys are wrong but I'll go along for the ride. No, I think you're right but I want to make sure we don't lose sight of Saldana's ability to do damage over night by controlling/not controlling the slaves.

Also, my third person, after those two, is from Hoops' security crew as well.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #3549
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My AT group is with the medics and privates. Since the privates don't exist any more, that left me medics. I've gotten no indication or even hint at one person, just a group.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #3550
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Night attacks of any kind - I think that is pretty expansive, but that is just me.

I think you are making a bad vote and I hope you get zero traction for it.

Alan + KWhit - have you gotten hints of any kind that suggest you should trust PurdueBrad? I know you are vouching for each other, but I want to know if you are vouching for him as well.

Note - this isn't some kind of a Spawn trick, although I'm sure it will be painted as such. I just want to know who is supposed to be on the trust list when I'm evaluating people and it feels a little to me like PB is trying to inch himself in there.

PurdueBrad dropped hints the same day I dropped mine where I purposely left out some of the detail that day which he later either knowingly or unknowingly added in. I feel PurdueBrad also for that reason is ok along with someone else in his engineering group (I don't know which one, but so far I've assumed Tyrith, based on how Kwhit + mine works, but that might be wrong, and PB may have better information regarding that which he doesn't want to share just yet.)