Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #301
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
You're telling me that a 101-yard Punt Return and that catch by Greg Lewis aren't unusual?

I think it's pretty crappy that people are taking what was a great game played by both teams and trying to turn it into "well, the other team sucked and shouldn't have been in it." I mean, check this post from a Vikings blog after the game:

I just don't even know what to say. The 49er Defense was incredibly impressive up until the very end of the game. Shaun Hill played a very good game, and the Niners didn't fold even though they were without their most talented offensive player for nearly the entire game. The Vikings pulled this game out by the skin of their teeth, and good on them for not giving up...but to say that the Niners didn't belong on the same field is just ridiculous.

I do not agree with the Viking post. The niners have a strong defense. And as far as unusual events see my above post.

I think the niners win their division FYI. Gore needs to stay healthy but I like Singletarys coaching style and Willis is a stud.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #302
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
3-0

2-0 in the division, including a road win.

A shut out on the road with a banged up defense, which in the NFL is huge no matter who you play.

1 INT in 3 games by Eli.

Broncos:

1-0 in the division with a road win

16 points allowed in three games. Held the 2-1 Bengals to 7 points, a team the World Champs gave up 20+ to.

ZERO INT in three games for Kyle.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

If we are talking about the best team through three weeks, all of the unbeaten teams have issues. The Ravens have an impressive win against the Chargers surrounded by KC and Cleveland at home. The Giants have a nice win against the Cowboys surrounded by wins against two truly horrific teams. The Vikings have a nice win against the Niners with two against the league's worst. The Saints and Colts have also played some bad teams.

All things being equal, I think you can put the Ravens, Giants and Jets in a hat and not be ashamed of calling any of them the best. That said, there are a slew of teams that are 2-1 who are damned good football teams. (Patriots, Chargers and Eagles for example) who are in the discussion.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some funny numbers:

Denver has allowed 16 points in three games this season.
Times Denver held an opponent under 16 points last year in ONE game: 2.
Times Denver allowed an opponent DOUBLE 16 points last year: 5.

I know, it's the competition. Times Denver played a team ranked 20th or lower in scoring offense last year: 8.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Denver still won't make the playoffs. But I'm giving Josh McDaniels some credit. This defense has underwent a major improvement. I'm impressed.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #303
kcchief19
Pro Starter

More disturbing stats for Chiefs fans like myself:

Last 29 games:
Lions 3-26
Chiefs 2-27

And the Lions won the head-to-head matchup. Oof.

I'm trying not to be a revisionist or a hater but the only reason I liked the Haley hire was because I liked and trusted Pioli. In the back of my head though there were the concerns: Are we getting the guy Pioli and Parcells worked with or are we getting the guy who was OC for a 9-7 team that got hot at the right time and had sideline fights with his star QB and WR?

Right now it's looking like the second guy. Haley fired Chan Gailey to takeover as OC and the offensive gameplanning has been erratic. Yes, he has no offensive line. But Gailey had a worse offensive line and Tyler Thigpen last year and he scored some points with creative gameplanning and strategy. Haley is bound and determined to run his offensive whether he has the talent for it or not.

I'm all for losing the battle if it means winning the war but I don't see how losing and playing poorly leads to winning later. He doesn't have the horses to run his offense -- he needs to take advantage of his limited strengths and minimize his weaknesses, and so far I don't see anything in his makeup that leads me to believe he can do that.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #304
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'm starting to love Denver's D for fantasy purposes, in my leagues I've got Denver, NYJ, and Baltimore. Who woulda thought the ravens woulda had the least fantasy points out of those 3 so far. haha
Old 09-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #305
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Last 29 games:
Lions 3-26
Chiefs 2-27
I had not realized this. Ouch.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #306
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So can the Rams catch the Lions streak?

Unless I'm miscounting something, the Rams have now lost 13 straight regular season games. To get to 16 they've @ SF, home vs MIN, and @ Jax. Then it's vs IND, @ Det, BYE, and vs NO to get to 19.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #307
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I do not agree with the Viking post. The niners have a strong defense. And as far as unusual events see my above post.

I think the niners win their division FYI. Gore needs to stay healthy but I like Singletarys coaching style and Willis is a stud.

Yeah, I feel bad lumping you in with the randomly ridiculous post. It just seems that the extremists are going to even greater lengths than usual with this one. Frustrating loss, but with many good signs. Hopefully we can use it as something to build off of - and I think Singletary is the perfect coach to use it as a momentum builder instead of letting it completely demoralize the team.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #308
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Man, I'm not ready to jump off a bridge over this season, yet. But getting close.

I actually thought the Bengals were going to be pretty good this season, so it's not like the Steelers lost to the Browns or something.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #309
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I see 4 wins this season. They can beat the Rams, Browns & one other game (probably Bengals.)

Bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
What a bad feeling, losing to the Bengals.

Fuck you =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Bengals finish off a terrific drive with a TD to go up 23-20, pissing off the fans (who were laughing at me earlier) at this Steelers bar I've been watching the game at, somewhat calming my mood.

Very nice =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
I'm starting to love Denver's D for fantasy purposes, in my leagues I've got Denver, NYJ, and Baltimore. Who woulda thought the ravens woulda had the least fantasy points out of those 3 so far. haha

Denver should enjoy this week to its fullest, because looking at their schedule they'll go into the Redskins game 3-5.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:15 AM   #310
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Saying Gore would not have made much of a difference is just ignorant. There's no other word to describe it. Gore is a top 5, argueably top 3 back in this league. Seriously man, there's being a homer, then there's being just plain ignorant.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #311
TroyF
Coordinator

Render,

Let me start this by saying three things:

1) I look at schedules too. I make the same judgements about them.
2) I've thought from teh start of the preseason that Denver wouldn't win more than 6 games this year.
3) The schedule at first glance LOOKS brutal.

The reality? This is the NFL. A crazy tip of the pass and the Bengals are 3-0. The Patriots and Bills are a kickoff fumble from beign 1-2 and 2-1 respectively. The Jets blast the Texans, the Colts struggle to beat the Jags, the Titans lose a heartbreaker to the Steelers in week one. So the Titans should maul the Texans in week two and the Cardinals are probably looking at a tough game on the road in Jax? Ummmm. . . no. Texans with a huge win and the Jags with a huge loss. Obviously, the Texans will now pound the Jags. Ummm. . . no.

The Broncos next five is Dallas, NE at home. San Diego, Baltimore on the road. The Steelers at home.

Which of these teams does Denver get? Do the Cowboys look so unbeatable now that the Broncos beating them the week after they have a Monday night game look impossible? Does Denver get the dominant Patriots team that played the Falcons or the ugly Pats team that should have lost its first 2? How about the Steelers? Do they have their running game fixed by that week?

Looking at the schedule in the NFL is fools gold both ways. That said, Denver does still suck. So they could lose all five. . . I'm just careful about blanket statements in this league.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:11 AM   #312
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Fuck you =)

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:22 AM   #313
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not sure if it was just me or my TV setup, but in watching the Rams/Packers game yesterday in HD, it was incredibly hard to watch with how the field was. Seemed like the field glistened and shined and made it really difficult to pick up the ball sometimes. First time I've actually hated watching a football game in HD.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #314
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I'm not sure if it was just me or my TV setup, but in watching the Rams/Packers game yesterday in HD, it was incredibly hard to watch with how the field was. Seemed like the field glistened and shined and made it really difficult to pick up the ball sometimes. First time I've actually hated watching a football game in HD.

That happens to me sometimes during Giants games.

Then I realize it is just the sheer, glowing awesomness of Brandon Jacobs illuminating everything around him.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #315
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
That happens to me sometimes during Giants games.

Then I realize it is just the sheer, glowing awesomness of Brandon Jacobs illuminating everything around him.

True story, it makes watching Giants game unbearable at times, I often have to switch radio. On another note, anyone hear any word on the K. McKenzie injury front?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #316
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
True story, it makes watching Giants game unbearable at times, I often have to switch radio. On another note, anyone hear any word on the K. McKenzie injury front?

I heard it was a toen MCL, then Brandon Jacobs rubbed his hands together, touched it, and it was miraculously healed. Then he caught some flies with chopsticks.

Actually I have no idea.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #317
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- According the the Star Ledger nothing reported yet on MAckenzie.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:39 AM   #318
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I would really prefer if the sheer, glowing awesomness of Brandon Jacobs illuminated him a bit more and everything around him a bit less.

He's been quite disappointing from a fantasy perspective thus far this season.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #319
Rizon
Pro Starter

Who had Week 3 for the pool on the Annual Terrell Owens Blowup?

Last edited by Rizon : 09-28-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #320
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Jerry Jones finds a new way to make money off the new stadium:

$20 Home Passes Allow Fans To See Cowboys Stadium At Home

After selling over thirty thousand $29 “Party Passes” to help set the NFL’s single-game attendance record on opening night, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones announced today that the team will now offer special $20 home passes to anyone who would like to attend a game at Cowboys Stadium while sitting at home.

“This stadium represents the next generation of sports entertainment complexes,” said Jones in a radio interview. “We know there’s a real buzz about this place across the Dallas area now, so we want as many people to be able to enjoy this new facility as possible. Even if they can’t afford a premium seat, or even a Party Pass. This $20 price point is a great way to come visit Cowboys Stadium by looking at it on television.”

Customers living in Dallas who purchase the home passes will be able to watch the entire stadium at home via a special relay signal from their local FOX affiliate, and will be able to walk the stadium grounds by watching a FOX camera crew walk the stadium grounds. “That way,” explained Jones, “you’re as close to the action as possible. You’re gonna see the natural light coming in from the sides, the steel trusses… everything. We’re gonna give you your money’s worth, that’s for damn sure.”

But the passes do come with certain restrictions. Customers parking at the Cowboys Stadium lot to go watch the game at home will pay a separate $75 fee. Customers who purchase the home passes will also not be allowed to access any of the stadiums concierge-level stadium clubs, bathrooms, or concession stands. Nor are they allowed into the stadium itself.

For an extra $10, customers who purchase the home passes can also get a special Video Board Pass, that allows them to watch the entire game on the Stadium’s now legendary video board via their home television.

“Oh, it’s incredible,” said Video Board Pass test customer Mary Lynch. “You would not believe how big this screen was. And it was so clear! It’s not like watching the game on a regular television thru a regular television. You have to see it in person on television to understand.”

And for a flat $500 fee, customers can also elect to subscribe to Jones’ new Cowboys Stadium Network cable channel, which runs a live feed of the outside of the stadium 24 hours a day.

Subscriber David Hammond was impressed. “I’ll be damned if Jerry didn’t pull it off,” he said. “Look at that thing. It is gorgeous. And only $500 for a whole year for a season pass? Not a bad price for a working class guy like me.”

“We really wanted to take the fan experience to the next level, “ says Jones. “What you’re seeing here is the perfect blend of stadium and technology. We have to give people more of a reason to come to the games now, even if they don’t want to physically do so. These home passes are the perfect solution.”

hxxp://www.sportspickle.com/article:234/20-home-passes-allow-fans-to-see-cowboys-stadium-at-home
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #321
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
More disturbing stats for Chiefs fans like myself:

Last 29 games:
Lions 3-26
Chiefs 2-27

And the Lions won the head-to-head matchup. Oof.

They both beat Denver in the last 29.
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:48 AM   #322
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Jerry Jones finds a new way to make money off the new stadium:

$20 Home Passes Allow Fans To See Cowboys Stadium At Home

After selling over thirty thousand $29 “Party Passes” to help set the NFL’s single-game attendance record on opening night, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones announced today that the team will now offer special $20 home passes to anyone who would like to attend a game at Cowboys Stadium while sitting at home.

“This stadium represents the next generation of sports entertainment complexes,” said Jones in a radio interview. “We know there’s a real buzz about this place across the Dallas area now, so we want as many people to be able to enjoy this new facility as possible. Even if they can’t afford a premium seat, or even a Party Pass. This $20 price point is a great way to come visit Cowboys Stadium by looking at it on television.”

Customers living in Dallas who purchase the home passes will be able to watch the entire stadium at home via a special relay signal from their local FOX affiliate, and will be able to walk the stadium grounds by watching a FOX camera crew walk the stadium grounds. “That way,” explained Jones, “you’re as close to the action as possible. You’re gonna see the natural light coming in from the sides, the steel trusses… everything. We’re gonna give you your money’s worth, that’s for damn sure.”

But the passes do come with certain restrictions. Customers parking at the Cowboys Stadium lot to go watch the game at home will pay a separate $75 fee. Customers who purchase the home passes will also not be allowed to access any of the stadiums concierge-level stadium clubs, bathrooms, or concession stands. Nor are they allowed into the stadium itself.

For an extra $10, customers who purchase the home passes can also get a special Video Board Pass, that allows them to watch the entire game on the Stadium’s now legendary video board via their home television.

“Oh, it’s incredible,” said Video Board Pass test customer Mary Lynch. “You would not believe how big this screen was. And it was so clear! It’s not like watching the game on a regular television thru a regular television. You have to see it in person on television to understand.”

And for a flat $500 fee, customers can also elect to subscribe to Jones’ new Cowboys Stadium Network cable channel, which runs a live feed of the outside of the stadium 24 hours a day.

Subscriber David Hammond was impressed. “I’ll be damned if Jerry didn’t pull it off,” he said. “Look at that thing. It is gorgeous. And only $500 for a whole year for a season pass? Not a bad price for a working class guy like me.”

“We really wanted to take the fan experience to the next level, “ says Jones. “What you’re seeing here is the perfect blend of stadium and technology. We have to give people more of a reason to come to the games now, even if they don’t want to physically do so. These home passes are the perfect solution.”

hxxp://www.sportspickle.com/article:234/20-home-passes-allow-fans-to-see-cowboys-stadium-at-home

who the fuck would want this?
Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #323
bhlloy
Coordinator

The quotes tell me that has to be a joke right?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #324
Passacaglia
Coordinator

sportspickle, guys
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #325
Bad-example
College Starter

1 - The Niners gave one hell of an effort and almost came away with a big road win. The secondary looks strong and they are getting a semblance of a pass rush.

2 - The NY Giants are overrated. Hoping the wheels come off soon.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #326
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post

DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 AM   #327
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
sportspickle, guys

It was obviously a joke article, I was expecting The Onion. But who/what is sportspickle?
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #328
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post

lol

I guess winning back to back road games including in Dallas and a shutout on the road makes a team overrated.

I realize Tampa is crappy, but it's the NFL, anytime you shut someone out on the road, down 3 defensive starters, including a pro bowler, that is impressive.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #329
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
It was obviously a joke article, I was expecting The Onion. But who/what is sportspickle?

I am not familiar with them, but in the title bar of their website it says "The Sports Humor and Satire Site"
fantom1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #330
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yes, they are a The Onion for sports.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 PM   #331
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Looks like Pennington is done for the season. Maybe the 'Fins should take this opportunity to see what Chad Henne and/or Pat White can offer going forward. At 0-3, the playoffs were a longshot anyway, so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #332
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Looks like Pennington is done for the season. Maybe the 'Fins should take this opportunity to see what Chad Henne and/or Pat White can offer going forward. At 0-3, the playoffs were a longshot anyway, so why not?

Is that even a question? What other options do they have besides doing that?
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #333
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
WILDCAT 100% OF THE TIME, BABY!
Old 09-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #334
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Eagles are going to have a plethora of QB's once McNabb is back, especially with Kolb showing he can play at this level (or at least strongly hinting at it).
Old 09-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #335
Kodos
Resident Alien

I wish they would pass once in a while out of the Wildcat.

I had a feeling the Fins would fall back down to earth some this season. Honestly, their non-Wildcat offense is very boring to watch. Let's see if one of the youngins can make things interesting.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #336
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Eagles are going to have a plethora of QB's once McNabb is back, especially with Kolb showing he can play at this level (or at least strongly hinting at it).

I agree. I would imagine that Garcia could be cut or had for a very low round pick once McNabb gets back.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 09-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #337
Kodos
Resident Alien

I can't imagine why the Fins would want to bring in Garcia. At 0-3, the playoffs are an incredible longshot. See what you have Henne and White, and enjoy what will probably be a high draft pick.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #338
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I can't imagine why the Fins would want to bring in Garcia. At 0-3, the playoffs are an incredible longshot. See what you have Henne and White, and enjoy what will probably be a high draft pick.

One more of these.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #339
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

Exactly. Maybe they can take Bradford, McCoy, or Tebow. As far as winning goes, though, I can see them trying to make the playoffs so Sparano can keep his job. Never know what Parcells will do.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #340
Kodos
Resident Alien

I don't think Parcells would fire Sparano after losing their only experienced QB. Parcells has to know that last season was an aberration of sorts. The team wasn't as good as their record might indicate.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #341
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
I don't think Parcells would fire Sparano after losing their only experienced QB. Parcells has to know that last season was an aberration of sorts. The team wasn't as good as their record might indicate.

I hope so.

Quote:
Old 09-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #342
Kodos
Resident Alien

Me personally--I wouldn't mind Sparano getting the ouster and Chuckie or Shanahan coming in. But those are just pipe dreams, as they are my two favorite active coaches.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #343
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

It's going to be tough for Henne with how bad the Dolphins are at WR. It's perhaps the weakest collection of "talent" at that position in the NFL.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #344
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Saying Gore would not have made much of a difference is just ignorant. There's no other word to describe it. Gore is a top 5, argueably top 3 back in this league. Seriously man, there's being a homer, then there's being just plain ignorant.

You either dont watch football or you dont understand it I am guessing. The Vikings dont get rushed on. It doesnt matter if its Michael Turner, Frank Gore or Cedric Benson they will all get shut down. The teams with better running backs are actually at a disadvantage because they continue to try and run with no success while teams without great backs just give up and pass the entire game like teams should against the Vikings so yes Gore was going to be a non factor. You find a game in the past 3 years where a RB had a decent game against the Vikings. Coffey ended up with 25 carries 54 yards, Gore would have probably had less yards as they would have keyed on him more. Perhaps Gore catching the ball out of the backfield would have helped I will give you that.

They are giving up 3.5 yards per carry this year, 3.3 last year, 3.1 the year prior and 2.8 the year prior to that. Its just not a smart play to run the ball against them.

Adrian Peterson himself would struggle to get 50 yards against the Vikings defense.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-28-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #345
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
It's going to be tough for Henne with how bad the Dolphins are at WR. It's perhaps the weakest collection of "talent" at that position in the NFL.

It will be.

While Henne was pretty impressive during his 4 years at Michigan and put up very good numbers, I often found his play frustrating. He was John Navarre 2.0, but perhaps with a little more talent and athleticism. I really think he benefitted from having a lot of talent at WR position during most of his career (i.e., Braylon Edwards, Mario Mannigham, Steve Breaston, Adrian Arrington, and Jason Avant).
Old 09-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #346
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
You either dont watch football or you dont understand it I am guessing. The Vikings dont get rushed on. It doesnt matter if its Michael Turner, Frank Gore or Cedric Benson they will all get shut down. The teams with better running backs are actually at a disadvantage because they continue to try and run with no success while teams without great backs just give up and pass the entire game like teams should against the Vikings so yes Gore was going to be a non factor. You find a game in the past 3 years where a RB had a decent game against the Vikings. Coffey ended up with 25 carries 54 yards, Gore would have probably had less yards as they would have keyed on him more. Perhaps Gore catching the ball out of the backfield would have helped I will give you that.

They are giving up 3.5 yards per carry this year, 3.3 last year, 3.1 the year prior and 2.8 the year prior to that. Its just not a smart play to run the ball against them.

Adrian Peterson himself would struggle to get 50 yards against the Vikings defense.

You are absolutely insane if you think the current Minnesota D is anything resembling what it used to be. Pat Williams is straight up old and needs to come off the field too much.

Then again, you think Peterson would struggle to get 50 when Jamal Lewis and Kevin Smith didn't, so I guess there's no hope.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:29 PM   #347
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
You either dont watch football or you dont understand it I am guessing. The Vikings dont get rushed on. It doesnt matter if its Michael Turner, Frank Gore or Cedric Benson they will all get shut down. The teams with better running backs are actually at a disadvantage because they continue to try and run with no success while teams without great backs just give up and pass the entire game like teams should against the Vikings so yes Gore was going to be a non factor. You find a game in the past 3 years where a RB had a decent game against the Vikings. Coffey ended up with 25 carries 54 yards, Gore would have probably had less yards as they would have keyed on him more.

Steven Jackson ~ 25 ATT / 142 yards (3 TDs)
Cedric Benson ~ 9 ATT / 60 yards
NE ~ 15 ATT / 85 yards
DeAngelo Williams ~ 13 ATT / 74 yards

Selvin Young ~ 22 ATT / 87 yards
Clinton Portis ~ 20 ATT / 76 yards
Ryan Grant ~ 25 ATT / 119 yards
Marion Barber ~ 19 ATT / 96 yards

NYG ~ 30 ATT / 135 yards
Matt Forte ~ 22 ATT / 96 yards
Kevin Smith ~ 5 ATT / 62 yards
Ryan Grant ~ 12 ATT / 92 yards

(last week)...the Lions ran for 129 yards.

www.pacdudegames.com/fail

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 09-28-2009 at 05:31 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #348
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
(last week)...the Lions ran for 129 yards.

Hey!

The Lions rushed for 154 yards against Albert Haynesworth and the Redskins defense yesterday and that's without Kevin Smith for most of the second half. Give them some props, yo!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #349
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Peyton Manning is just amazing to watch play, and surely this is the year Dallas Clark makes the Pro Bowl.

Despite the beating they gave Warner, the defense still scares me. Still, enjoying the season so far...
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #350
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
You are absolutely insane if you think the current Minnesota D is anything resembling what it used to be. Pat Williams is straight up old and needs to come off the field too much.

Then again, you think Peterson would struggle to get 50 when Jamal Lewis and Kevin Smith didn't, so I guess there's no hope.

So you think they are much worse this year? I'll log that to my memory bank along with the people that said Favre will throw 20 ints this year and that Cutler is a top tier QB. I imagine I will have plenty of ammo after the season the way things are headed I was surprised the Kevin Smith had such a good game against the Vikings defense. Of course when you have to double cover CJ the whole game it could leave some holes in the defense.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 09-28-2009 at 07:42 PM.