Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-03-2009, 03:22 AM   #301
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
360 Patch released tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been playing with it in PS3 for 2 or 3 weeks already and love the patch, it has changed a lot the EASHL.

Get ready for tons of penalties at first until you get used, they have finally made it realistic with this patch, so any hit to a player without the puck is interference. They also added hitting from behind penalties.

It's easier to score too, they have made the supergoalies more human, if you cycle the puck, you can finally score from the point.

NHL09 is the game of the year for me and the Online team play league (EASHL) my worst addition in the last 4 or 5 years.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #302
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I really want to pick up this game as I've heard great things about it, but I fear that other game releases may get in the way. May look for it later this spring when game releases are sparse.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:50 AM   #303
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Do it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 AM   #304
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
- Your online and offline BAP are not related at all, you stats, record, ratings etc are separated, just he player name and physical build is shared. This is probably the most confusing thing for new players.

- You can go anytime to menu Performance Tracker -> Edit Pro to edit your player height/weight, position, play style (grinder, playmaker, sniper, etc) stick, skates, etc. If you are goign to play mainly forward, i recomend you dangler, playmaker or sniper. If you are going to play defense, defensive defenseman or also playmaker (yeah you can use a forward build as defenseman). Playmaker is the best all around player.

- You can go anytime to menu Performance Tracker -> Edit Attributes to use the available points you have after gaining a card (read below).

- To improve your player ratings online, you need to gain "cards". The cards are gained after a set number of ranked games played and reaching some grades (based on your performance on those games).

- You can go to the performance tracker in the menu to see the cards you currently have (none) and the requirements for the next one. When you gain a card, you are given from 3 to 5 points (depending on the card) pr category to upgrade your player (physical, offense, defense).

- If you are not happy with how your points were used, you can change your player style as i explained avobe, and your ratings points will be reset, so you can use them again into the attributes you prefer. I'm talking about the rating points you get after each card, as you will start with zero.

- To play online, go to the menu Online-> Community -> Online Team play Community (OTP from now). There you will find a lobby with more players, push trangle if you are on PS3 (no idea on 360) and a list of available games will show up. Join a ranked one, move to left or right to select the team you want to join and then push X to get READY status. Once every player os ready, you will go to the player position screen, choose the position you want to play (be quick, forward positions are taken fast) and then click X again. The game will load and you will play a ranked team with other random players.

Those OTP games are usualy garbage, full of kids and selfish players, but at least a way to have a quick ranked game to reach the new card and improve your player.

To join a team in the EASHL league, you can ask in the OTP lobby for any team doing tryouts or you can also join EASHLforum and post a thread there in the recruiting forums asking for a team. There is some really valuable info in that forum and some tutorials.

Playing in a good team is where the fun is, as you play more organized hockey and more team based.

I play right now in a top division team and it's really fun as my team mates are really skilled.

Let me know if you have any doubt

Without joining a team is there any way to play with my created player? I can only play pick up games with NHL players when I go to the team play quick games is that right?
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #305
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Without joining a team is there any way to play with my created player? I can only play pick up games with NHL players when I go to the team play quick games is that right?

You go to the online team play lobbies. There you find a game and play as your BAP
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote