Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who will (not should) be the Republican presidential nominee in 2008?
Rudy Giuliani 28 20.90%
Mike Huckabee 23 17.16%
Duncan Hunter 2 1.49%
John McCain 42 31.34%
Ron Paul 10 7.46%
Mitt Romney 23 17.16%
Tom Tancredo 3 2.24%
Fred Thompson 3 2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #301
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
His weak position on immigration is too close to McCain's & prevents him from being able to accomplish that mission in full, so taking him as the #2 for anything other than getting the delegates to go over the top would make his selection ineffective in the end.

Remember, immigration has passed Iraq for GOP voters and trails only the economy as the #1 issue. It's also the biggest disappointment of the entire Bush presidency for many & not one you can get wrong and still motivate people to go the polls for you in the end.

But I'm not sure that those backing Huckabee are looking at that. I think Huck's supporters are primarily the Christian Conservative bloc of the party. If Huckabee is on the ticket, I think they will come back to McCain. Those are the ones you need to get on board for the GE. I think most others are going to hold their nose when they vote, but I think the religious right voters would stay at home otherwise.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:49 AM   #302
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
CNN is saying that Mitt Romney will suspend his campaign

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/...ign/index.html
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #303
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Anyone at CNN run a grammar check?

Mitt Romney suspend's campaign. Coverage on CNN TV
Watch Now: Live on CNN.com »
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:23 PM   #304
Kodos
Resident Alien

hxxp://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080207/ap_on_el_pr/romney_30

Quote:
McCain seals GOP nod as Romney suspends By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer
13 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - John McCain effectively sealed the Republican presidential nomination on Thursday as chief rival Mitt Romney suspended his faltering presidential campaign. "I must now stand aside, for our party and our country," Romney told conservatives.

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror," Romney told the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington.

Romney's decision leaves McCain as the top man standing in the GOP race, with Mike Huckabee and Ron Paul far behind in the delegate hunt. It was a remarkable turnaround for McCain, who some seven months ago was barely viable, out of cash and losing staff. The four-term Arizona senator, denied his party's nomination in 2000, was poised to succeed George W. Bush as the GOP standard-bearer.

Romney launched his campaign almost a year ago in his native Michigan. The former Massachusetts governor and venture capitalist invested more than $40 million of his own money into the race, counted on early wins in Iowa and New Hampshire that never materialized and won just seven states on Super Tuesday, mostly small caucus states.

McCain took the big prizes of New York and California.

"This is not an easy decision for me. I hate to lose. My family, my friends and our supporters... many of you right here in this room... have given a great deal to get me where I have a shot at becoming President. If this were only about me, I would go on. But I entered this race because I love America."

McCain prevailed in most of the Super Tuesday states, moving closer to the numbers needed to officially win the nomination. Overall, McCain led with 707 delegates, to 294 for Romney and 195 for Huckabee. It takes 1,191 to win the nomination at this summer's convention in St. Paul, Minn.

"I disagree with Senator McCain on a number of issues, as you know. But I agree with him on doing whatever it takes to be successful in Iraq, on finding and executing Osama bin Laden, and on eliminating al-Qaida and terror," Romney said.

Romney acknowledged the obstacles to beating McCain.

"As of today, more than 4 million people have given me their vote for president, that's of course, less than Senator McCain's 4.7 million, but quite a statement nonetheless. Eleven states have given me their nod, compared to his 13. Of course, because size does matter, he's doing quite a bit better with the number of delegates he's got," Romney said.

The Huckabee campaign said the former Arkansas governor would push on.

"We're still in the race and we're still competing for delegates, and today demonstrates how long and windy to the White House this is," said Chip Saltsman, Huckabee's campaign manager.

Romney's departure from the race came almost a year after his formal entrance, when the Michigan native declared his candidacy on Feb. 12, 2007, at the Henry Ford Museum of Innovation in Dearborn, Mich.

Over the ensuing 12 months, Romney sought the support of conservatives with a family values campaign, emphasizing his opposition to abortion and gay marriage, as well as his support for tax cuts and health insurance that would benefit middle-class families.

"We need to teach our children that before they have babies, they get married," he told voters at his campaign events.

But he was dogged by charges of flip-flopping, a criticism that undermined the candidacy of another Massachusetts hopeful — John Kerry in 2004. In seeking to unseat Sen. Edward M. Kennedy in 1994, Romney said he would be a better advocate for gay rights than his rival and he favored abortion rights.

Throughout his campaign, Romney was questioned by voters and the media about his Mormon faith. Hoping assuage voters skeptical of electing a Mormon president, Romney gave speech on Dec. 6 in College Station, Texas, that explicitly recalled remarks John F. Kennedy made in 1960 in an effort to quell anti-Catholic bias. He vowed to serve the interests of the nation, not the church, if elected president.

In early voting Iowa, Romney sought votes by casting himself as the guardian of the Reagan-era conservative triad — a three-legged stool, as the candidate put it — of a strong national defense, strong economy and strong families.

Fueled by what would grow to more than $35 million of personal donations, his campaign hired top-notch staff in the early voting states, and Romney scored an early win when his organization topped the field at the Iowa Straw Poll in August.

By that time, the national front-runners, McCain and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, had virtually ceded the lead-voting state to Romney.

Instead, McCain focused on New Hampshire, second on the calendar, while Giuliani employed an untested strategy of waiting out the early primary contests and instead staking his candidacy on a strong showing in the Jan. 29 Florida primary.

Romney's goal was to score back-to-back wins in Iowa and New Hampshire, clearing the field and creating momentum to roll through Florida — where he enjoyed the support of top aides to former Gov. Jeb Bush — and seal the nomination in the Super Tuesday contests.

Instead, Romney was beaten Jan. 3 in Iowa by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, a former Southern Baptist minister who received an unexpected outpouring of support in the caucuses from voters identifying themselves as evangelicals.

Five days later, Romney suffered a second consecutive defeat in New Hampshire, when McCain won the primary in part with the support of independents attracted to his self-styled maverick campaign.

Romney, who headed the 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, tried to cast each defeat in competitive terms, saying his second-place finishes amount to "silver medals." He also highlighted the "gold" he won in between and in the little-watched Wyoming caucuses.

Nonetheless, Romney took a cue from Huckabee's win, as well as Democrat Barack Obama's Iowa upset of rival Hillary Rodham Clinton, as a sign voters wanted change in Washington.

On the stump, he retooled his speech to harken back to the theme he broached in Dearborn, that America's future, and that of its government, were dependent on innovation. His campaign also hung new banners reading, "Washington is Broken," as well as a to-do list Romney would complete as president.

Romney and McCain went head-to-head in the Jan. 13 Michigan primary, and Romney won, in part by highlighting his background as a business consultant and venture capitalist. When McCain acknowledged what seemed to be obvious, that not all of Detroit's lost auto industry jobs would be recovered, Romney pounced.

He accused the senator of pessimism, outlining a $20 billion industry recovery package and telling audiences in economically ailing Michigan, "I will fight for every single job."

Romney also tweaked his stump speech to criticize McCain for stating that he was more familiar with foreign affairs and military matters than economic issues.

Highlighting his 25-year business career, he told audiences, "Senator McCain says the economy is not his strong suit; well, it is my strong suit."

As the calendar progressed, however, McCain picked up a big-ticket win in the Jan. 19 South Carolina primary. Romney instead focused on his victory in the Nevada caucuses the same day.

Ten days later, the two squared off again in the Florida primary, where McCain scored a major upset after winning endorsements from the state's two top elected Republicans — Gov. Charlie Crist, a popular figure who had previously said he planned to remain neutral in the race, and Sen. Mel Martinez.

The following day, Giuliani dropped out of the race and endorsed McCain. A day later, popular California Gov. Arnold Schwarzeneger announced his endorsement of McCain, reflecting a coalescing of Republican support behind the senator as he approached a Super Tuesday showdown with Romney.

Romney's final pitch was to label McCain a liberal like Clinton and Obama, a charge tantamount to heresy in the GOP. He was backed by conservative media voices like Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter.

What an asshole. If Obama or Clinton wins, it is a victory for terrorists. Go fuck yourself, Mitt.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-07-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #305
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
What an asshole. If Obama or Clinton wins, it is a victory for terrorists. Go fuck yourself, Mitt.

It was certainly a pretty sharp stab. He didn't mince words, whether they were right, wrong, or indifferent.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #306
st.cronin
General Manager

Its also a rebuke to people like Limbaugh and Coulter, I think.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:40 PM   #307
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Its also a rebuke to people like Limbaugh and Coulter, I think.

Strangely enough, this whole Limbaugh/McCain thing may end up helping McCain in the end. There's a lot of moderates that would love to have a Republican candidate that Limbaugh doesn't approve of in any fashion. But I think Limbaugh is just trying to draw in listeners more than anything else.
Old 02-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #308
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Strangely enough, this whole Limbaugh/McCain thing may end up helping McCain in the end. There's a lot of moderates that would love to have a Republican candidate that Limbaugh doesn't approve of in any fashion. But I think Limbaugh is just trying to draw in listeners more than anything else.

+1

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:50 PM   #309
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post

While you may be right about McCain and Limbaugh helping McCain, I think Rush is far past the point in his career where he has to stunt in order to "draw in listeners".
Old 02-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #310
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards View Post
While you may be right about McCain and Limbaugh helping McCain, I think Rush is far past the point in his career where he has to stunt in order to "draw in listeners".

I used to be a regular listener to his show, but hadn't tuned in for 3+ years. After this latest spat, I actually bothered to tune in again. He's interesting to listen to, but his definition of a Republican and my personal opinions differ quite a bit. I'm certainly not a liberal, but I'm not a far-right Republican either.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #311
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So has anybody asked Mitt why he helped aid a surrender to the terrorists yesterday?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #312
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
So has anybody asked Mitt why he helped aid a surrender to the terrorists yesterday?
Well played, sir.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #313
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Now I can start the campaign against Romney in 2012!!!!!
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #314
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I saw some extended clips of Mitt's speech on the Daily Show last night. I understand that the clips were edited to show Mitt at his worst, but... what a complete fucking douche bag.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #315
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Somewhere in this thread (or one of the others), someone asked about the reasons McCain is so disliked by so many who are ostensibly in the same party. Apparently we weren't the only place where the question came up, since the AP did a list of top ten answers to the question (nearly all of which I believe were eventually given here already).

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news...op10_0208.html

In case anybody wonders, 7 of the 10 resonate with me personally.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #316
Jas_lov
College Starter

Mike Huckabee has won Kansas according to Fox News. 65% reporting: Huckabee 60%, McCain 23%, Paul 11%.

Also, Ron Paul announced today that he's scaling back his Presidential campaign and is focusing on his Congressional campaign.

"I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run."
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #317
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I saw some extended clips of Mitt's speech on the Daily Show last night. I understand that the clips were edited to show Mitt at his worst, but... what a complete fucking douche bag.

No kidding, I can't stand that guy.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:19 PM   #318
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Mike Huckabee has won Kansas according to Fox News. 65% reporting: Huckabee 60%, McCain 23%, Paul 11%.

Also, Ron Paul announced today that he's scaling back his Presidential campaign and is focusing on his Congressional campaign.

"I am committed to fighting for our ideas within the Republican party, so there will be no third party run."

Do you see Huckabee getting Romney's delegates? If so, does this change the game? One problem I don't get is why the conservatives or so upset with the choices? How much more conservative can you get then a guy like Huckabee? Also, isn't it unrealistic on the right-wing conservatives to put up a guy for the White House when the political scene stacked against you?

Last edited by Galaxy : 02-09-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #319
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Galaxy, as said several times before, there are many different kinds of conservatives (and liberals). Lumping them in one basket is erroneous. The neo-cons (that's one type) still believe that Bush2 is the 2nd greatest president ever.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #320
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Galaxy, as said several times before, there are many different kinds of conservatives (and liberals). Lumping them in one basket is erroneous. The neo-cons (that's one type) still believe that Bush2 is the 2nd greatest president ever.

I agree. I should of said the neo-conservatives.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:54 PM   #321
Jas_lov
College Starter

Some conservatives don't like Huckabee because of his past economic positions on taxes and spending, he was soft on illegal immigrants, and he said Bush's foreign policy was arrogant. Plus he'd get slaughered in a general election spouting things like changing the Constitution to conform with God's word and all that crap. He would completely turn independents off even if he was just McCain's running mate as people here have said.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #322
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
he was soft on illegal immigrants, and he said Bush's foreign policy was arrogant.

Ding ding ding.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #323
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Swift-boating McCain. http://www.gopteaparty.com/
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #324
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
spouting things like changing the Constitution to conform with God's word

Can you provide a link to this?
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #325
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post

yes....to be honest, i'm surprised he even managed to win massachusetts
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #326
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Can you provide a link to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onHkywYc_1M
Old 02-09-2008, 08:39 PM   #327
Galaxy
Coordinator

Huckabee picked up Kansas. The LA primary is still too close to call.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #328
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting exit poll notes from Louisiana tonight

As usual, close to half of Louisiana GOP voters called themselves very conservative. They favored Huckabee over McCain by 2-to-1. Without competition from Romney, Huckabee had his best showing to date among the very conservative, with the exception of his home state of Arkansas on Super Tuesday.

McCain was backed by about three in 10 very conservative voters, about 10 points better than he's done on average in primaries to date, but Huckabee doubled his past support among that group.

As in earlier contests, Huckabee, a former Baptist minister, was the strong favorite of white evangelicals - half the GOP electorate in Louisiana - and the one in three who attend religious services more than once a week.

McCain and Huckabee split those who called themselves somewhat conservative, while McCain, as usual, ran strongly among moderates and any GOP voters who called themselves liberal.

Huckabee ate into one typically strong McCain group - those who say the most important candidate quality is that he "says what he believes." One in five voters said that was the top quality and Huckabee won half of them.

Huckabee was even stronger among the nearly one-half who said it was most important that a candidate shares their values, while McCain won three-quarters of the roughly 20 percent whose top quality was the candidate's experience.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:00 PM   #329
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Interesting exit poll notes from Louisiana tonight

As usual, close to half of Louisiana GOP voters called themselves very conservative. They favored Huckabee over McCain by 2-to-1. Without competition from Romney, Huckabee had his best showing to date among the very conservative, with the exception of his home state of Arkansas on Super Tuesday.

McCain was backed by about three in 10 very conservative voters, about 10 points better than he's done on average in primaries to date, but Huckabee doubled his past support among that group.

As in earlier contests, Huckabee, a former Baptist minister, was the strong favorite of white evangelicals - half the GOP electorate in Louisiana - and the one in three who attend religious services more than once a week.

McCain and Huckabee split those who called themselves somewhat conservative, while McCain, as usual, ran strongly among moderates and any GOP voters who called themselves liberal.

Huckabee ate into one typically strong McCain group - those who say the most important candidate quality is that he "says what he believes." One in five voters said that was the top quality and Huckabee won half of them.

Huckabee was even stronger among the nearly one-half who said it was most important that a candidate shares their values, while McCain won three-quarters of the roughly 20 percent whose top quality was the candidate's experience.

Do you see Huckabee picking up Romney's delegates?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #330
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Do you see Huckabee picking up Romney's delegates?

Not really.

I figure one or the other of them will eventually pimp themselves out in order to get either the #2 slot or some (empty) promise of a key cabinet type role (or other plum spot they have their eye on).

Cynical, ain't I?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:11 PM   #331
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's a big shock that the Washington race is still too close to call. Would it matter if McCain loses KS, WA and LA tonight?
Old 02-09-2008, 09:13 PM   #332
Jas_lov
College Starter

I think McCain will hold on to win WA. Huckabee is pulling away in LA though. But we knew Huckabee was strong in the south east and parts of the midwest. He's not going to beat McCain in states like Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, etc.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:14 PM   #333
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Actually, if this trend holds up, and it very well may, Huckabee might be able to pull a huge upset. McCain does not have enough delegates to seal the nomination. I don't see him doing well in Texas, and depending upon turnout, he might not get Ohio or PA. If he doesn't win either of those two states, we might see some pretty wierd crap happen.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #334
Galaxy
Coordinator

I just have a funny feeling about this race with Mitt out.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #335
Jas_lov
College Starter

Just wait until Tuesday. McCain will sweep and you'll stop thinking that Huckabee still has a chance. McCain is about 400 delegates away. Huckabee is 900. Many of the rest of the states aren't winner take all so McCain doesn't have to win to still pick up delegates. Romney currently has more delegates than Huckabee and he's out of the race, that's how far Huckabee is behind.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:26 PM   #336
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
... you'll stop thinking that Huckabee still has a chance.

Personally I'm way ahead of you on that one.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:55 PM   #337
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

It looks like the candidate I'm pulling for will finally win a nomination.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #338
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

CNN just showed a scenario in which they gave every remaining state to Huckbee with 50% of the vote and McCain with 40% and Ron Paul with 10% and even with that, McCain would still win it all. It's over, folks.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #339
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Watching Fox News tonight, there was a report that Texas governor Rick Perry is urging Huckabee to withdraw before the Texas primary, because recent polling is indicating that Huckabee has a good chance to win Texas, which would be a huge embarrassment for McCain going into the general election.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:04 PM   #340
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
Watching Fox News tonight, there was a report that Texas governor Rick Perry is urging Huckabee to withdraw before the Texas primary, because recent polling is indicating that Huckabee has a good chance to win Texas, which would be a huge embarrassment for McCain going into the general election.

It'd also be a hell of a slap in the face of everyone who voted for him today.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:32 PM   #341
Jas_lov
College Starter

Huckabee has been declared the winner of Louisiana, 44-42%. Washington still hasn't been called. McCain is up by 2% with 78% reporting.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:42 PM   #342
Bubba Wheels
College Starter

Let me see...President Bush was on an ABC News interview yesterday and made the following statement regarding the election: "The American people are going to have a choice, about whether we should turn and run in defeat in the face of Islamic Terrorists or...STAY AND HELP SOME OTHER PEOPLE???!!!" EXCUSE ME??? The reason we are staying in a war lasting longer than WW2 without allies supporting us it to 'Help some other people?"

Isn't this the essence of Neo-Conservatism, galavanting around the globe spending our own blood and treasure to act as the World's Policeman?

Well, he finally came out and said it for the record. We as a country are going to go broke and default on everything so this guy and his ilk...like John McCain...can globetrot as military Lone Rangers. U N B E L I E V A B L E !
Bubba Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #343
Jas_lov
College Starter

McCain did end up winning Washington. The three contests on Tuesday are D.C., Maryland, and Virginia. Should be 3 more easy victories for McCain. He was up by 28 and 32 in the latest Virginia polls and 39 in the latest Maryland poll. Virginia and D.C. are winner take all.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #344
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Wow, I think that's the first time I've agreed 100% with BW. Mark this day on the calendar, check for signs of the apocalypse, etc....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:46 PM   #345
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Wow, I think that's the first time I've agreed 100% with BW. Mark this day on the calendar, check for signs of the apocalypse, etc....

+1
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #346
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

That Ron Paul surge is coming any moment now. I can feel it.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #347
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Did LA, NE and WA have delegates? I know Huckabee got the 36 from KS, but it's not listing any delegates in the other three states.

Kind of weird, I just noticed Puerto Rico has 23 delegates. Never realized that before.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:21 PM   #348
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Apparently LA aren't automatically committed unless someone gets over 50%. I don't know if they are free to vote as they please now or will be divided proportionally.

WA looks really strange right now. At 87% of the vote counted McCain was leading by 1.8%. At that point the party stopped releasing totals and declared McCain the victor. There has been no word on when the remaining 13% of the vote will be tallied. Huckabee isn't conceding yet, saying their were, "weird things going on".
Old 02-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #349
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

The upright nations of the world need to act as the world's police. Just because we are quite often standing alone in that role doesn't mean that we are in the wrong, it just means that we are poor at diplomacy.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #350
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
The upright nations of the world need to act as the world's police. Just because we are quite often standing alone in that role doesn't mean that we are in the wrong, it just means that we are poor at diplomacy.
And who is going to pay for this?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote