Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-04-2007, 07:41 PM   #301
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I kind of liked the ending, with the shock of Nathan being shot and Adam spending eternity in a coffin, with no way to get out (until he gets released by someone).

Though the episode was slow. Then again, I'm sure they had to REALLY rework the way they wanted it because of the strike cutting out Volume 3 being right after Vol 2.

Niki is gone, but we have a new hero in Micah's cousin (who seems like she could be a fun one). And I think Elle's going to the good side, especially when she found out what her father was capable of.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #302
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ned?! Ned Ryerson?!!!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:56 AM   #303
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Just watched the finale. I liked it a lot. I said earlier that I hoped the Nikki story line paid off with her death and, tada, I was right on there. Well, maybe. She may not be dead I guess.

I love that Micah's cousin is alive though. I look at her as being a potential female Batman-like character if they involve her enough. She has no real 'power', but she will be able to learn a ton of cool things that will make her badass eventually. Micah is getting more powerful and that is starting to be a kickass thing as well.

I also hope Nathan isn't dead. I think this last episode was his best of the season, with him being out of his depression and having a purpose. I admit Peter was a touch annoying to me, but not as much as others from what I see. If Nathan is dead, Peter is kind of floating around by himself again, and will easily be manipulated by his mother as he was by Adam since he doesn't have Nathan there to tell him his thoughts on Mommy.

Sylar being back is great to me. And Elle is just plain stupid, or a better discription is child-like in ways. I don't really like her character right now.

I don't like Noah giving in to the company, but it sure could provide an interesting storyline for Volume 3 I guess. I am not sure Noah was the Nathan shooter, but I wouldn't rule it out either right now.

We still don't know who is higher up the company foodchain. Something tells me that Ned Ryerson is not the top guy, and that Peter/Nathan's mother was not talking to Ned on the phone at the end. Someone, or possibly even multiple people, are still unmasked as far as the company goes.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #304
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
And Elle is just plain stupid, or a better discription is child-like in ways. I don't really like her character right now.

Actually I think its actually more realistic that her character behaves kind of child-like. She's kind of the anti-Claire on the show. Claire was protected by Noah and had a normal childhood and now is a more mature as she aged. Elle seems to have been an ongoing lab experiment since she was seven (I think that's the age Noah told her Bob started experimenting on her). She's never had a childhood and I think that her acting like such a little girl sometimes fits pretty well.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #305
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Actually I think its actually more realistic that her character behaves kind of child-like. She's kind of the anti-Claire on the show. Claire was protected by Noah and had a normal childhood and now is a more mature as she aged. Elle seems to have been an ongoing lab experiment since she was seven (I think that's the age Noah told her Bob started experimenting on her). She's never had a childhood and I think that her acting like such a little girl sometimes fits pretty well.

I agree. I think her character has been handled very well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #306
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post

Gotta agree this seems to be some of the best writing/acting on the show. She plays her part nearly perfect.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:05 PM   #307
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Let me correct myself somewhat. I didn't mean I felt Elle was done poorly, just simply that I don't like her. I understand the "psychology" behind the character, and agree it works well for the show and the "what if normal people developed powers" theme and how it conflicts and even alters the norm. I just wouldn't mind seeing her head sliced open by Sylar.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:15 PM   #308
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Let me correct myself somewhat. I didn't mean I felt Elle was done poorly, just simply that I don't like her. I understand the "psychology" behind the character, and agree it works well for the show and the "what if normal people developed powers" theme and how it conflicts and even alters the norm. I just wouldn't mind seeing her head sliced open by Sylar.

I wouldn't mind seeing her with less clothes on, personally...
Old 12-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #309
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing her with less clothes on, personally...

I wouldn't close my eyes, but I have never thought she was half as hot as a lot of other guys think. Her face is average at best to me. Maybe that is part of the reason I don't like Elle as much as others.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #310
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Anyone been keeping up with the graphic novels?

Have they been as good with the backstories as last year?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #311
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Some of them have been pretty good. The one dealing with Adam (Revolutionary War, Part 1 and 2) are VERY good for showing how Adam got to state where he just wanted to wipe the slate clean. Trial of the Black Bear is pretty funny, of Hiro in old Japan. I liked Molly's deam one. Team Building and Quarantine are also very well done (Team Building shows how Noah, early on, became such a valuable part of the Company).
Old 12-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #312
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Do they ever explain whatever heappened to that woman who could intercept any sort of electronic signal?

She sort of showed up for an episode or two and then completely disappeared as far as I remember.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #313
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Do they ever explain whatever heappened to that woman who could intercept any sort of electronic signal?

She sort of showed up for an episode or two and then completely disappeared as far as I remember.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I remember her being killed of over the summer in one of the online comics. She was pretty cool if you had read the introductory comics she was in last year. Wireless was her nickname, and she was an Isreali Mossad member before the company got hold of her I think.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #314
TRO
College Prospect

That would be Hana Gitelman aka Wireless.

The online comics showed her complete the mission of disabling the other tracking system that was referenced in the show last season. Hana also has a blog that gives insights into the show, there was a long stretch during the election bit last year.

With regard to her "death", I'll just say that her story is still being told online.

I don't think the comics spoil anything anymore. They've been much more careful on that side of things. The amount of backstory given week to week is really a HUGE plus for the show. I don't think I would care for the characters and world as much as I do if it wasn't for some of the comics and features that the website presents.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:43 PM   #315
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
With regard to her "death", I'll just say that her story is still being told online.

I forgot about that part of her death, she lives on in the internets.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #316
DanGarion
Coordinator

Volume III preview of Heroes...

hxxp://www.tvsquad.com/2007/12/19/a-sneak-peek-at-heroes-volume-3-video/
Old 02-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #317
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Hey folks, just a heads up, the upcoming game of Werewolf is centered around the show, so sign up if you're interested!

Each person will have the name of a character on the show, and some power (as closely related as I can make it in WW)

Give it a shot!

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=64005

Last edited by jeheinz72 : 02-28-2008 at 11:29 AM.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #318
DanGarion
Coordinator

HOLE MOLE!

Old 08-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #319
MikeVic
Head Coach

Wow!
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #320
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

OOOOH... I saw the shorter versions, but that was AWESOME!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #321
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Nice. The direction I'd been waiting for over the last season and a half.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:00 PM   #322
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

As much as I hate TV stuff at the movies, I saw a shorter version of this trailer when I went to see Hancock. This makes me very excite.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:22 AM   #323
Izulde
Head Coach

Just got through Season 2 after marathoning it the last few days to try and watch Season 3, Ep 1 in time (I didn't make it so hopefully NBC.com will have it up tomorrow).

Random thoughts:

It took quite a few episodes to get this season and I was feeling underwhelmed by quite a bit of stuff.

I absolutely -loved- the 17th century Japan stuff and I teared up when Hiro and the girl made their final parting. It was like "Guhh! Nooo! Hiro!" To be honest, I'd been feeling that whole line all along.

Hiro, more and more, is turning into my favorite character in this series.

Conversely, Peter, who I didn't like in Season 1, well I still don't like him in Season 2, but I dislike him less than I do West, who I absolutely despise for some reason.

I'm still not seeing the point to Alejandro and Maya's having been introduced, though I'm sure I'll see why in Season 3. I was a little pissed when Alejandro got knocked off, but it has some fertile storyline potential. I'm a little curious as to what Alejandro's power was... the power over Life? Since Maya seems to be Death and they're twins... I'm also wondering if the La Llorna (sp) legend ties into this at all.

An older Micah is turning into a much more developed Micah and a much more interesting character. Monica I absolutely love as a character and that whole thing is going to be fun to watch. I miss D.L. a little bit, though.

Bob turned out to be a surprisingly engrossing character and I'll admit, I have this odd fascination with and attraction to Elle. In fact, at present, outside of Hiro, she's my favorite character at this point.

I screamed in terror when I realized Adam was buried alive, because to me that's the most horrifying fate you can experience and I'm probably going to have trouble sleeping now.

All in all, I can't wait to see Season 3 and I'm glad they shot Nathan... too early a reveal would've hosed this series.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote