Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #301
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

The demo for Jericho is out today on XBL. It will be on PSN next Thursday.

If you like gore-fests, this is your game. They submitted the console version to the ratings board in Germany. The amount of gore resulted in an adult rating. As a result, they just pulled the game release from Germany rather than tone down the gore. It will still be released on the PC in Germany.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #302
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think Mizzou B-ball Fan forgets one other MASSIVE selling point for a console, especially after the intial year: people tend to buy the one their friends have. And I think that this will only be more true with this generation (and future gens) as online gaming has become so huge.

At this point, your friends are 3 times as likely to own a 360 as they are a PS3. Which will weigh heavily when you buy a system if you want to play games online, or be able to bring extra controllers to a party, or borrow games, etc.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:27 PM   #303
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I think Mizzou B-ball Fan forgets one other MASSIVE selling point for a console, especially after the intial year: people tend to buy the one their friends have. And I think that this will only be more true with this generation (and future gens) as online gaming has become so huge.

At this point, your friends are 3 times as likely to own a 360 as they are a PS3. Which will weigh heavily when you buy a system if you want to play games online, or be able to bring extra controllers to a party, or borrow games, etc.

Actually, the current ratio of sales is 2:1 Roughly 12M 360's and 5.5M PS3's. Also, online gaming is not quite as 'huge' as you might think. There are still a lot of people that are exclusively single player gamers. Multiplayer gaming is certainly a point to consider, as I mentioned in the response to Galaxy, but the biggest factor by far is games available, especially exclusives for that system. For example, Galaxy isn't going to buy a 360 just because his friends have one. He's going to buy it because it has games like Halo 3 and Gears of War that he can play with those friends.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-27-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #304
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Actually, the current ratio of sales is 2:1 Roughly 12M 360's and 5.5M PS3's. Also, online gaming is not quite as 'huge' as you might think. There are still a lot of people that are exclusively single player gamers. Multiplayer gaming is certainly a point to consider, as I mentioned in the response to Galaxy, but the biggest factor by far is games available, especially exclusives for that system. For example, Galaxy isn't going to buy a 360 just because his friends have one. He's going to buy it because it has games like Halo 3 and Gears of War that he can play with those friends.

The rate in america has got to be a lot higher than the world rate.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #305
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
but I disagree with the hardware point. The PS3 has the better hardware,

dawgfan has already commented, but I'll add my 2 cents worth. The PS3 has DIFFERENT hardware. It is not necessarily better. The SPUs are VERY useful for certain types of algorithms. For other types of code, the 2 extra general purpose processors (with 4 more cores) in the 360 are far more useful.

In the end, which one is "better" depends greatly on the type of game you are making. And given that ALL games have different types of code running in them, I doubt either one will ever show a clear advantage over the other in games consumers buy. Contrived demos can be written to show advantages to one over the other, but that's all they'll be: contrived demos.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:16 PM   #306
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

But once again, these companies do not make money just in America. Also, America is MS's home turf. They should be winning here, despite the fact that they lost the last generation badly. The exclusion of some regions is selective reasoning at best. I'm sure that MS is delighted that they have a 2:1 ratio at this point.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #307
Bee
Pro Starter

You really believe that MS being based in America has anything to do with their winning the console war in the US? What's your basis for that belief?

Does anyone have numbers for how many XBOX360s and PS3s have sold in the US? I'd be curious to see that number instead of the worldwide ones.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 02:34 PM   #308
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
You really believe that MS being based in America has anything to do with their winning the console war in the US? What's your basis for that belief?

Does anyone have numbers for how many XBOX360s and PS3s have sold in the US? I'd be curious to see that number instead of the worldwide ones.

A little searching and I found the numbers:

Wii: over 4 million
360: 6.3 million
PS3: 1.75 million

So yep, the 360 has a 3.6 to 1 advantage in the US.

Quote:
Nintendo Still Rules U.S Game Console Sales
Friday, September 14th 2007 @ 11:00 AM PDT

New sales figures from the NPD Group show Nintendo is still dominating video game console sales, while Sony is still trying to develop a market for the PS3.

New sales figures from the NPD Group covering video game and video game console sales during the month of August show Nintendo continued to dominate video game hardware sales, moving 403,600 Wii consoles and 383.000 DS handheld systems. So far, that brings Nintendo's sales totals in the United States to over 4 million Wii consoles and nearly 13 million DS handhelds—a position essentially unmatched from any other game maker.

In comparison, Microsoft managed to sell a respectable 276,700 Xbox 360 unit during August 2007, meaning the console has an installed base of about 6.3 million units. However, when comparing that number to the Nintendo Wii, consider that the Xbox 360 has been on the market a full year longer than the Wii: in just nine months, Nintendo has managed to sell nearly two thirds as many consoles. Microsoft will no doubt see a sales boost in the remainder of 2007 as its much-hyped Halo 3 game hits retailers on September 25.

Sony, meanwhile, continues to do very well with the PlayStation 2…and not so well with the PlayStation 3. Consumers took home 202,000 PS2 systems during August, raising the total installed base for the legacy console to some 39.1 million units in the United States. Sony's PlayStation Portable handheld unit also moved 151,200 units, taking its installed base to 8.3 million units. The PlayStation 3, however, lost sales momentum, moving just 130,600 units during the month, a drop from July's total of 159,000. The decline comes in the wake of a $100 price drop on the system, which still remains the most expensive of the bunch at $500, and still lacks a strong, exclusive hit game to drive sales momentum. In the United States, Sony has managed to sell about 1.75 million PlayStation 3 systems in nine months.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #309
Bee
Pro Starter

Wow, when you run the numbers the PS3 has less than 15% of the US next-gen market. That's even worse that I expected.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #310
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:

Dude, you wrote the following TODAY:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan
If your friends and you play online a lot and they use the 360 to do that, I'm not sure why you wouldn't chose the 360.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."

Last edited by Fidatelo : 09-27-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #311
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I guess Halo 3 is doing alright.

$170 million on day 1. Not bad.

It barely beat out a children's book for the biggest day one in US entertainment history, and only did so because of all the saps willing to shell out $130 for the Legendary edition.

(yes, it is rather impressive)
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #312
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
It barely beat out a children's book for the biggest day one in US entertainment history, and only did so because of all the saps willing to shell out $130 for the Legendary edition.

(yes, it is rather impressive)

Of course the game is about $30 more expensive than the book.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #313
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Yeah, but Harry Potter wouldn't have sold near as many copies at $60, $70, or $130 I suppose. Although it would be quite interesting to see how hardcore the Harry Potter fanbase is and how the book might have sold at those prices.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #314
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, but Harry Potter wouldn't have sold near as many copies at $60, $70, or $130 I suppose. Although it would be quite interesting to see how hardcore the Harry Potter fanbase is and how the book might have sold at those prices.

Uh.

A book and a video game are two completely different things. I can't even believe you're trying to compare their sales numbers.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 PM   #315
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Uh.

A book and a video game are two completely different things. I can't even believe you're trying to compare their sales numbers.

check your sarcasm detector
Old 09-27-2007, 05:18 PM   #316
Daimyo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo
At this point, your friends are 3 times as likely to own a 360 as they are a PS3.

Quote:
Actually, the current ratio of sales is 2:1 Roughly 12M 360's and 5.5M PS3's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew

Quote:
But once again, these companies do not make money just in America.

If you keep shifting your arguments every time they're shown to be stupid eventually you might hit a winner I guess...
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 05:20 PM   #317
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
check your sarcasm detector

It ran out of batteries early today.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:47 PM   #318
Galaxy
Coordinator

Does either systems have a wireless connection to play online?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-27-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #319
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Does either systems have a wireless connection to play online?
Pretty sure that Wi-Fi is built-in to the PS3. You can buy a Wi-Fi adapter for the 360, but it costs ~$90, so that's an advantage for the PS3.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #320
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Pretty sure that Wi-Fi is built-in to the PS3. You can buy a Wi-Fi adapter for the 360, but it costs ~$90, so that's an advantage for the PS3.

Wi-fi is indeed built-into the PS3. However, some people have said they have problems staying connected (I haven't had that problem). I was listening to the Gamers With Jobs podcast this morning and one of the hosts on it thought it might have something to do with interference (though interference with WHAT wasn't clear). He mentioned he had a stable connection when he hooked his PS3 to the TV in his bedroom (I think that's where it was, or an office with a TV or something) but not in his living room.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #321
MJ4H
Coordinator

wifi is built into the wii too
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #322
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Wi-fi is indeed built-into the PS3. However, some people have said they have problems staying connected (I haven't had that problem). I was listening to the Gamers With Jobs podcast this morning and one of the hosts on it thought it might have something to do with interference (though interference with WHAT wasn't clear). He mentioned he had a stable connection when he hooked his PS3 to the TV in his bedroom (I think that's where it was, or an office with a TV or something) but not in his living room.

/tk

Yeah, the connection drops are user specific. There's no problems with the technology itself.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:28 PM   #323
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
If you keep shifting your arguments every time they're shown to be stupid eventually you might hit a winner I guess...

I've always said that using the U.S. numbers alone is not any way to judge the console war. Business decisions by both Sony and MS are not made just on what America demands. They have to adjust and adapt to make money in all regions. The fact that the 360 has failed so badly in Japan is the thing most analysts point to as a reason that the PS3 could end up the eventual winner. Giving away a whole segment of the market to your competitor is a tough way to win console wars over the long haul.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:32 PM   #324
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Big news in the EU countries. Sony has reached an agreement to sell PES 2008 as a bundle with the PS3. Should be a great system seller in Europe as this game is huge in that region.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:34 PM   #325
CraigSca
Pro Starter

It should be interesting to look at the NPD numbers for September to see if Maximum Football 2 spikes PC sales.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:51 PM   #326
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I read somewhere that the Samba Amigo (or whatever it's called) game is coming to Wii too. The monkey maracas game on Dreamcast. I never got to play it, but heard it's good.

That was a wacky but fun game

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:53 PM   #327
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
It should be interesting to look at the NPD numbers for September to see if Maximum Football 2 spikes PC sales.

PC sales have a max gain limit to keep their numbers from getting out of hand.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #328
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post

Forgot a 360, I need to upgrade my PC for the greatest game ever.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #329
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Giving away a whole segment of the market to your competitor is a tough way to win console wars over the long haul.
Unless that segment constitutes less than 19% of the worldwide market and you are outselling your main competitor by greater than a 2:1 margin in the single biggest market in the world (U.S. and A).
Old 09-28-2007, 05:59 AM   #330
Bee
Pro Starter

Well MS never had the Japanese market to "give away". If anything was given away, it's been Sony giving away the US Market where they previously were the 800 lb gorilla and now are one of those little masturbating monkeys you see in the zoo.

Last edited by Bee : 09-28-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:24 AM   #331
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

These rumored deals are so good that I'm taking a quick break from my break of posting in this thread:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/27/ru...-this-holiday/

The details:

The Pro 360 will include Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (both fun games) starting October 9th. Same deal with the Elite starting October 23rd.

The core will start shipping with a 256 MB memory card, a wireless controller, a HDMI port, and 5 free Xbox Live games on a disc starting at the end of October.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:21 AM   #332
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Well MS never had the Japanese market to "give away". If anything was given away, it's been Sony giving away the US Market where they previously were the 800 lb gorilla and now are one of those little masturbating monkeys you see in the zoo.

DING, DING, DING.

We have a winner.

MS never had Japan. They probably never will no matter what they do. That's simple reality. MS knew it going in. Again, their hope with the 360 was to tear some market share away from Sony and become relevant in the USA/Euro markets. Mission Accomplished.

Sony was the dominant one all across the world. MS never expected that they might actually BEAT the PS3. Now that is a real possiblity. Spinning this any other way is asinine. But expected I guess.

One thing Sony and MS never counted on was Nintendo, the console that will win this generation.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:32 AM   #333
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
One thing Sony and MS never counted on was Nintendo, the console that will win this generation.

QFT.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #334
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
These rumored deals are so good that I'm taking a quick break from my break of posting in this thread:

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/09/27/ru...-this-holiday/

The details:

The Pro 360 will include Forza 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance (both fun games) starting October 9th. Same deal with the Elite starting October 23rd.

The core will start shipping with a 256 MB memory card, a wireless controller, a HDMI port, and 5 free Xbox Live games on a disc starting at the end of October.

You should retire as a doctor and go into sales. Your pushing me into opening my wallet very soon.

The core system, at the same price, sounds very promising. Is a 256 MB memory card big enough to hold a lot of information? I'm seriously thinking of plucking down an order. My only concern is if they consoles will be the new ones that solve the problems the 360 have.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #335
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
It's not just Sony and MS that were caught by surprise by the Wii's success - I'd venture to say nearly all parties in the gaming industry were not expecting this level of success for the Wii.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:20 PM   #336
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Is a 256 MB memory card big enough to hold a lot of information? I'm seriously thinking of plucking down an order. My only concern is if they consoles will be the new ones that solve the problems the 360 have.

256 MB will be enough for some saved games. You won't be downloading many demos on it. Maybe a few arcade games will fit.

If it's got an HDMI port, it's a fairly safe bet it's one of the new ones.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:22 PM   #337
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Are the 360s with the HDMI input built to fix the RROD issue?
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:27 PM   #338
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, the connection drops are user specific. There's no problems with the technology itself.

Except for, y'know, when firmware 1.92 introduced random disconnects that were, in fact, completely hardware-specific.

Folks who are having issues with 1.93, that's probably related more to location of the PS3 versus that of the wireless router than anything else...but depending on how old the claims in question are, it could very well be a drop issue that was absolutely the result of the then-latest firmware for PlayStation 3.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #339
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Are the 360s with the HDMI input built to fix the RROD issue?

Not yet, anyways. I don't notice that mine gets particularly hot though. Hard to say if they've fixed the issue(doubtful).
Old 09-28-2007, 02:11 PM   #340
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I still wouldn't buy a core, although all that included stuff is pretty tempting. If you don't plan on using Live, and don't ever download demos, then I suppose it should be good enough.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:17 PM   #341
SackAttack
Head Coach

So apparently the reason NBA 08 PS3 doesn't have "The Life" is because they're wrapping it up this year. Some trilogy crap, and this year is the final chapter of it on PS2.

Be interesting to see how they replace it next year.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #342
Galaxy
Coordinator

Do you guys expect any shortages of any of the systems this holiday season?
Old 09-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #343
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

If you ask Sony I'm sure they'll predict empty shelves for the PS3 this holiday season.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 01:40 AM   #344
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

Honestly, no.

Shortages of specific SKUs for 360 or PS3? Possibly. Depends on circumstances.

Like, if the 80 gig PS3 either doesn't drop or only drops to $549, and the 40 gig comes in at $399, I could easily see stores have trouble keeping the 40 in stock.

Also, depends on whether retailers run specials on one SKU or another.

But just, overall, a particular system not available? Not at this point. It's too important a Christmas for the three for any of them to start with shenanigans, and a second Christmas of virtual unavailability on the Wii might start to deflate the warm fuzzies from the consumer base.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #345
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Honestly, no.

Shortages of specific SKUs for 360 or PS3? Possibly. Depends on circumstances.

Like, if the 80 gig PS3 either doesn't drop or only drops to $549, and the 40 gig comes in at $399, I could easily see stores have trouble keeping the 40 in stock.

Also, depends on whether retailers run specials on one SKU or another.

Honestly, Sony needs to hurry up with the 40 GB machine or a 80 GB price drop. Their sales are going to suffer until they do that. The 60 GB machines are becoming pretty scarce online and in the stores, but there are plenty of 80 GB machines. No one's going to buy those 80 GB machines with the price drop coming along with a new SKU. Part of their sales problem right now is the price drop and new system. The quicker they can announce it, the better it is for them. Even if they don't have the system ready, they can at least build some level of hype for the $399 price point this holiday season.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 09-30-2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #346
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Lots of speculation that the 40 GB PS3 will be released on October 30th. Rumor is that the Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction game was moved back from October 23rd to October 30th for that reason. Also, Spiderman 3 is scheduled to be released on October 30th. That's significant because the $399 40 GB PS3 is supposed to be bundled with the BR version of Spiderman 3.

The 5 BR movie rebate site (http://www.bluraysavings.com) has recently been updated to add a new SKU to the list of PS3's as well. Another sign that the new system is coming relatively quickly.

Also, a 'Big Bang' (their words, not mine ) announcement by Sony is expected on October 12th. Speculation is that it will be to announce the new 40 GB machine.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #347
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
So apparently the reason NBA 08 PS3 doesn't have "The Life" is because they're wrapping it up this year. Some trilogy crap, and this year is the final chapter of it on PS2.

Be interesting to see how they replace it next year.

If they release the same type of game they did this year, why bother?

www.gamenikki.com for my review of the dreadful NBA 08.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:37 AM   #348
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Lots of speculation that the 40 GB PS3 will be released on October 30th. Rumor is that the Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction game was moved back from October 23rd to October 30th for that reason. Also, Spiderman 3 is scheduled to be released on October 30th. That's significant because the $399 40 GB PS3 is supposed to be bundled with the BR version of Spiderman 3.

The 5 BR movie rebate site (http://www.bluraysavings.com) has recently been updated to add a new SKU to the list of PS3's as well. Another sign that the new system is coming relatively quickly.

Also, a 'Big Bang' (their words, not mine ) announcement by Sony is expected on October 12th. Speculation is that it will be to announce the new 40 GB machine.

$400 for a PS3 with backward compatibility, WiFi, and Ratchet and Clank as a pack-in game would probably be enough to get me to buy one.

Big Bang? I always liked "megaton." It was mentioned in French GamePro so it might have to do with European pricing.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #349
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Big news in the EU countries. Sony has reached an agreement to sell PES 2008 as a bundle with the PS3. Should be a great system seller in Europe as this game is huge in that region.

If this year is anything like last year, most retailers will offer bundles on both consoles with PES 2008 (and probably FIFA as well).
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:17 PM   #350
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
$400 for a PS3 with backward compatibility, WiFi, and Ratchet and Clank as a pack-in game would probably be enough to get me to buy one.

That would be a phenomenal holiday bundle.

Hell, let's get really crazy - Spiderman 3 as a pack-in BD, Ratchet as a pack-in game, $400 40 GB PS3 with BC (software, most likely) and built-in WiFi.

I think that would actually cause a sonic boom.