Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2007, 12:05 AM   #301
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Got enough resources to upgrade early thanks to a few donations. Will be 2 hours until it is complete. I am heading to bed, so those who are wanting to join, go ahead in about 2 hours from now
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #302
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I finally have the embassy built, so I'm ready to join up when there is a spot.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:38 AM   #303
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I can't do anything on here this morning. The server seems incredibly laggy for me to the point of timing out the majority of the time.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:48 AM   #304
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I can't do anything on here this morning. The server seems incredibly laggy for me to the point of timing out the majority of the time.

Same here...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:59 AM   #305
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

+1

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 AM   #306
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

+2, page won't even show up...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #307
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

looks like I'm up again

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-12-2007, 07:08 AM   #308
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, sent invites to everyone I think.. if you are playing and don't have an invite let me know your game name please

Embassy status:

4 pending invites, only 3 spots however I believe at least one of the FOFCers with a pending invite is inactive so its ok. I think we can stay at this embassy size for a while at least.

As for adding outsiders to our alliance.. next embassy upgrade is:

1015 lumber
730 clay
845 iron
450 crops..

I can't even hold that much lumber or iron until I build a warehouse (which I plan on doing at some point anyways).. so we have a few options if we have more FOFCers to add beyond these three (or want to add non-FOFCers to the alliance)..

1) I expand appropriately and continue to expand the embassy
2) We make another FOFC alliance (FOFC II) and then ally together the two alliances.

Also, a few positions I would like to fill up today:

Diplomat: Yellow5 and Warhammer have been nominated, neither have accepted however.

Military Captain: Need nominations

Recruiter(s): Need Nominations (even if we're not looking to expand just yet, would be nice to have additional ones for future planning)

Other positions?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:25 AM   #309
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I accepted the alliance... thanks! Hopefully this jackass wont attack me as much now

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-12-2007, 07:49 AM   #310
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'm getting attacked in 15 min and I don't have enough lumber to build but have an excess amount of Clay/Iron. I have a Granny of 7 but it only holds 460 units. Any way I could transfer some to a clan member so this douch bag doesn't get anything?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 09-12-2007 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 AM   #311
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I believe you can build a level 1 building and then cancel it before its built and get everything back if you have enough lumber to build some level 1 building that you haven't done yet.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:59 AM   #312
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

what Alan said was pointed out by Brillig earlier on, also if you have a marketplace built, you could send some a tribe member that they would send back to you after...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #313
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I have all mine at least at lvl 1 - I only have like 38 lumber but a lot of clay/iron/crop. Oh well, looks like this ass is going to take some from me.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 AM   #314
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Sweet - he came with 22 clubmen and didn't get anything from me

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-12-2007, 08:05 AM   #315
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Embassy status:

4 pending invites, only 3 spots however I believe at least one of the FOFCers with a pending invite is inactive so its ok. I think we can stay at this embassy size for a while at least.

As for adding outsiders to our alliance.. next embassy upgrade is:

1015 lumber
730 clay
845 iron
450 crops..

I can't even hold that much lumber or iron until I build a warehouse (which I plan on doing at some point anyways).. so we have a few options if we have more FOFCers to add beyond these three (or want to add non-FOFCers to the alliance)..

1) I expand appropriately and continue to expand the embassy
2) We make another FOFC alliance (FOFC II) and then ally together the two alliances.

was thinking about this, these numbers are ridiculous to ask you to shoulder this and it would probably make more sense if one of us would built a second embassy and we allied both together...

I could probably do it if need be, with some resources help from people... Although geographically we would both be very close to one another and kind of far away from most of the rest of the group...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 08:28 AM   #316
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
was thinking about this, these numbers are ridiculous to ask you to shoulder this and it would probably make more sense if one of us would built a second embassy and we allied both together...

I could probably do it if need be, with some resources help from people... Although geographically we would both be very close to one another and kind of far away from most of the rest of the group...

FM
I agree. Can you total up all the costs of the embasy? We should all be sending you resources to pay for the existing one and for future upgrades.

I don't have a marketplace yet but I'll send resources when I do.

Last edited by Castlerock : 09-12-2007 at 08:28 AM.
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 08:41 AM   #317
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

My embassy is currently at level 1 and I would need to bring it to level 3 to start a new tribe.

Levels 2 to 5 are as follows:
LevellumberclayironcropMembers

The good news is that simply starting the second tribe could allow us to house most of the FOFCers who are not yet in the tribe...

The first two levels in that table is what's needed to start a new tribe...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 AM   #318
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlerock View Post
I agree. Can you total up all the costs of the embasy? We should all be sending you resources to pay for the existing one and for future upgrades.

I don't have a marketplace yet but I'll send resources when I do.

I've actually managed ok with my production through the building of the embassy. At this point I appreciate the donations that a few people did send, but i don't think I need anymore.

I would much rather someone take the initiative to try to get our military arm of our alliance going, and perhaps if need be donations can go towards that instead.

The best approach for adding future members to our alliance I think is through a second alliance, and the first few stages of that is pretty cheap.. We have better things to spend our money on now.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #319
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My embassy is currently at level 1 and I would need to bring it to level 3 to start a new tribe.

Levels 2 to 5 are as follows:
LevellumberclayironcropMembers

The good news is that simply starting the second tribe could allow us to house most of the FOFCers who are not yet in the tribe...

The first two levels in that table is what's needed to start a new tribe...

FM

I don't think we need it just yet.. Right now we only have 1 more request out than spaces in our alliance. And I believe WVUfan is inactive so won't be accepting anyways.

I think this is the avenue we should take if more FOFCers show up or we decide to recruit from the outside however.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:46 AM   #320
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

also, I have seen that a number of alliances essentially have a tithe to the alliance. Either daily or a set amount when you join. It would be nice to recruit some people in our immediate areas, rather than having to wait 10 hours for reinforcements.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #321
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I don't think we need it just yet.. Right now we only have 1 more request out than spaces in our alliance. And I believe WVUfan is inactive so won't be accepting anyways.

I think this is the avenue we should take if more FOFCers show up or we decide to recruit from the outside however.

I will not forcefully work on upgrading it just now, but will start saving. I have been raiding the three inactice villages in my surroundings too, so I'm getting a bit more resources right now.

I agree with lordscarlet that a bit of recruitment would make more sense, and I can speak even more about that, as apart from Alan T, the closest of you to come help me if I'm attacked is daedalus at 9 hours and then most at 15 or so hours...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 09:11 AM   #322
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
also, I have seen that a number of alliances essentially have a tithe to the alliance. Either daily or a set amount when you join. It would be nice to recruit some people in our immediate areas, rather than having to wait 10 hours for reinforcements.

how do they work that tithe? (thanks for forcing me to MW btw, learned a new English word

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #323
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
how do they work that tithe? (thanks for forcing me to MW btw, learned a new English word

FM

They kick you out if you don't pay it.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #324
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I'll accept as a diplomat, but I warn you.... I have a short fuse and a hot temper.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #325
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Lordscarlet or Frogman (or both) have any interest in being put into a recruiter position? I can also then forward you the people who express interest in joining to talk things over with.

If we go forward with this, it probably makes sense to expand a second alliance, and if so we should determine what price "tithes" we would demand of people who join. We likely want to figure out the cost of adding people to the alliance and make sure we don't lose profit from it so to speak.

This then creates extra things we need to manage.. probably need someone in charge of collecting the tithes and then redistributing it to the appropriate places as needed (expansion/military/etc).. such as a treasurer role..

So its alot to think about
Old 09-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #326
Yellow5
High School Varsity

Alan did you ever get a reply from Combine? If not then I am going to start talking to him about a no attack policy between our alliances.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #327
Warhammer
Pro Starter

OK, I'll be the alliance/diplomat/negotiator.

My first announcement:

PLEEEEEAAAASE don't attack us. All you mean nasty alliances should attack the guys next door to us. Please let us LIVE!

My second announcement will come later.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #328
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow5 View Post
Alan did you ever get a reply from Combine? If not then I am going to start talking to him about a no attack policy between our alliances.

Go for it, I have not talked to him yet. That was my point of encouraging us find some diplomats to handle this
Old 09-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #329
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Another thing we should consider have certain people focus on certain resources and then funnel resources back and forth using the marketplace.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #330
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
OK, I'll be the alliance/diplomat/negotiator.

My first announcement:

PLEEEEEAAAASE don't attack us. All you mean nasty alliances should attack the guys next door to us. Please let us LIVE!

My second announcement will come later.

Sounds good, set you and yellow5 both up as Diplomats. You should have access to the alliance diplomacy screen now as well.

Looking for volunteers to be:

Recruiters:
Treasurer:
Military Captain:

It sounds like we want to expand to a second alliance soon, and should have people recruit for it. We need a treasurer to handle the tithes and I still think we need someone to organize our military wing so we can organize some retaliation forces if need be (as well as defenses if need be too.). Why this will be important is if Frogman chooses to build up a second embassy soon, he'll be stuck at times hording alot of resources and vulnerable to attack.. we likely will want to help defend him at times soon.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:56 AM   #331
Yellow5
High School Varsity

I nominate Frogman as one of the militray/recruiter guys.

Last edited by Yellow5 : 09-12-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #332
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Something else we should consider is specializing in one commodity that we can trade with our alliance partners. For example, I could produce a ton of clay, that I could ship to AlanT for his iron, etc. This keeps goods and items moving back and forth which should minimize the impact of attacks. It will also require us upgrading our marketplaces to have enough wagons out at all times.

Also, if I could get some company out by me, that would be great.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #333
Yellow5
High School Varsity

NAP accepted from TC.

No attacking their members unless status changes.
- Y5

Quote:
Hi,
I and the members of The Combine [TC] agree to your proposal and I hope that in time we will be able expand it into a full alliance.

Thank you.

All the best.

Combine

Hi-

I am writing as a formal diplomat for the FOFC alliance.

We'd like to offer TC a non-aggression pact treaty, and if that holds well enough possibly extend it to a full blown Alliance between our groups.

Since we are both smaller Alliances this would benefit us both when it comes time to defend and negotiate with the larger Alliances later in the game.

Looking forward to your reply.

Last edited by Yellow5 : 09-12-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Yellow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:51 AM   #334
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
It sounds like we want to expand to a second alliance soon, and should have people recruit for it. We need a treasurer to handle the tithes and I still think we need someone to organize our military wing so we can organize some retaliation forces if need be (as well as defenses if need be too.). Why this will be important is if Frogman chooses to build up a second embassy soon, he'll be stuck at times hording alot of resources and vulnerable to attack.. we likely will want to help defend him at times soon.

Not sure we really need a tithe. I mean, if I recruit some of the villages around me, they are mostly Romans while I'm Gaul but they are mostly without a tribe. What do I tell them? Pay me or I attack you with my mighty phalanx? Yeah, right... The closest of our group is 2 hours away from me, there's not much the tribe can do to protect me if they retaliate.

Speaking of which, Alan, I think I'd be fine building the embassy without putting myself at risk, at least getting it to level 3. I'Ve just started building it to level 2 and if any of my neighbors wanna do a sneak attack, at least four of their attackers will be trapped. These traps are fairly inexpensive and I'll keep adding some to my village.

If anybody wanna help me, my main need is in clay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow5 View Post
I nominate Frogman as one of the militray/recruiter guys.

I'll probably end up and recruiter/founder by default if I found the second FOFC tribe so that'll take care of that.

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #335
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, if I wanted to, I'd have enough to upgrade my embassy to level 3 as early as 3:25 eastern this afternoon, to which you'd have to add 51 minutes to actually build it...

I might upgrade some other resource prior to it though...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #336
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, I trained an extra phalanx to farm the inactives around, so that hour is now 5:05 pm eastern

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #337
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Well, if I can find someone to sit for me I'm happy just having that person churn out resources and distribute them to the alliance while I'm gone for two weeks.

Old 09-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #338
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Watch out for when your Plus account trial expires. I just had my crop production go from 30 per hour to 9 per hour....
Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 PM   #339
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not sure we really need a tithe. I mean, if I recruit some of the villages around me, they are mostly Romans while I'm Gaul but they are mostly without a tribe. What do I tell them? Pay me or I attack you with my mighty phalanx? Yeah, right... The closest of our group is 2 hours away from me, there's not much the tribe can do to protect me if they retaliate.

Speaking of which, Alan, I think I'd be fine building the embassy without putting myself at risk, at least getting it to level 3. I'Ve just started building it to level 2 and if any of my neighbors wanna do a sneak attack, at least four of their attackers will be trapped. These traps are fairly inexpensive and I'll keep adding some to my village.

If anybody wanna help me, my main need is in clay.

I'll probably end up and recruiter/founder by default if I found the second FOFC tribe so that'll take care of that.

FM

What might make sense, is when you create the new alliance, we pull 3-5 people from this alliance that are closest to you geographically as well. That way your alliance looks a bit stronger, and it gives me room to add people to this alliance as well.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 PM   #340
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

What is the benefit to upgrade a barrack to lvl2?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 09-12-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #341
Brillig
College Prospect

Troops are recruited faster, that's it. But you also need to get to barracks 3 to unlock additional troop types, so you'll end up doing it eventually.
Brillig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:40 PM   #342
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

what Brillig said, plus at barracks(3), you can build an academy, which then will lead you to get some different troops, or even a stable to get some cavalry trained...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 01:47 PM   #343
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
what Brillig said, plus at barracks(3), you can build an academy, which then will lead you to get some different troops, or even a stable to get some cavalry trained...

FM

ahhh, okay. It's going to take some time for that

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #344
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
ahhh, okay. It's going to take some time for that

yeah, many of the sublevels of buildings don't mean much when you actually do them, but will in the long term. Same goes for the level 2 embassy for example. Useless in itself, but you need to do it to get to level 3 embassy and eventually be able to create a tribe...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #345
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

apparently no direct linking to imageshack.

hxxp://img276.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buildingsandunitsv39ek.jpg

Last edited by lordscarlet : 09-12-2007 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:06 PM   #346
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Before upgrading your barracks, I would get additional troops first.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #347
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Before upgrading your barracks, I would get additional troops first.

I'd say yes to that if you plan on raiding inactives around you, then there are plenty of things to upgrade before the barracks, namely the cranny and the wall, especially if you are getting attacked often...

FM
Old 09-12-2007, 02:12 PM   #348
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

How many troops should I make to send out to raid inactives? More troops = more resources to steal?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-12-2007, 02:13 PM   #349
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
apparently no direct linking to imageshack.

hxxp://img276.imageshack.us/my.php?image=buildingsandunitsv39ek.jpg

nice!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 PM   #350
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
How many troops should I make to send out to raid inactives? More troops = more resources to steal?

Yes. And never send just one, he will die.