Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-13-2005, 07:25 PM   #301
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just got it today. I actually watched all of the "EA Sports, It's in the game!" videos. There's what, 50 of them?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
Fred Davis was one of the best WR to ever come out of Ohio, he was a freak...USC has since converted him to TE.

Yeah, he isn't that good of a blocker, but the kid can catch and run

Notre Dame has been playing me tough with Darius Walker showing great moves as their impact HB and it was 35-25 going into mid 4th quarter, but Reggie Bush just had one of the coolest runs I've ever seen. I ran into the middle of the line, but nothing was open. So, I stutter stepped back, turned to the left sideline, and started running parallel to my offensive line. They held their blocks, but as I ran wide of them, I had two linebackers on my tail. However, Reggie had enough speed to get some seperation and then turn the corner and run 45 yards up the sideline! I don't think that play could have happened in any previous version where the difference in player's speed wasn't as readily apparent. Very cool run
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #303
RailsFS
Mascot

In regards to "pipeline" recruiting: Does anyone know if there is a limit on "pipeline" states? I just started a new dynasty as Northwestern, and they have pipelines into California, Georgia, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and Texas. Seems like an awful lot for a program such as Northwestern.
RailsFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:44 PM   #304
korme
Go Reds

Year 2 of my Cincy dynasty. My RB #23 who ran for like 1700 yards last year as a soph is still a beast. Suggestion for anyone who wants to play with Cincy, but sees there is no option QB. I used WR #89 at QB for the most part of the year because he has THP and THA at 80, and he has 90 speed. At the end of the year I changed him to QB and he only lost 4 OVR points (74 OVR).

Anyways, he got hurt in opening day loss to #3 Florida. Then I got killed by #6 Miami. Week 3 rolls around, and midway through the 2nd quarter against Boston College I am down 35-0. I stick to my gameplan and use my impact RB #23 and keep barrelling over people, score 2 TDs and at halftime it is 35-14. I give up 2 TD in the 2nd half but at the same time I score 5 myself so I come back from 35 down to take it into OT 49-49. I score RB #23's 7th TD of the game and I am up 56-49 before picking off BC's QB on 3rd down to win!

Very exciting game!

Oh, and I don't have a sharkport, thus why I keep calling everyone RB #23 etc, even though I did computer generate names. Thus, I don't have a problem with Chris Leak being Harvey Lang and stuff..

Last edited by korme : 07-13-2005 at 07:46 PM.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:48 PM   #305
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Has anyone been using the hit stick much on defense? I've been trying too, but I haven't had much success with it. It seems a bit tougher to use than Madden, but also misses don't make you fall down either. I can't even really tell if I'm using it successfully to lay a big hit on someone or not really.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Shorty, that sounds like a cool game

I don't use the hit stick hardly ever.

I just learned a valuable but costly lesson about in-season recruiting. I was in the lead to get the #1 HB in the nation, and I figured he might start with Bush and White likely to both leave after the season. Anyway, in week 7, I earned the opportunity to invite him to a home game. I looked at all of the games, and decided on UCLA which was the biggest home game I had left. The only problem was that it is in week 15. He's now told me that he thinks I'm forgetting about him waiting so long to schedule the official visit. I've dropped to 3rd on his list and he is visiting Florida State and Virginia Tech in the next 2 weeks
Old 07-13-2005, 08:12 PM   #307
jbmagic
Pro Starter

another cool thing about NCAA 2006

is the coach mode. itr doenst have a coach mode option like madden does.

but you can still do it for ncaa 2006. just call the play and hike the ball and dont touch anything. it will excute the play for you. it works on offense and defense. only thing you have to do on your own is the kicks, punts , field goals, and extra point yourself.

its a great way to play for pure coach mode. Ratings of players will mean a lot more.

i think i start a dynasty in coach mode and one in arcade mode where i use my gamepad.

both ways a lot of fun.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:17 PM   #308
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I just got it today. Pretty sweet so far. I did a RFTH and made myself a scrambling QB that signed with LSU. I lost to Florida on AA with slightly toned down running sliders 31-21. I can't decide whether or not 8 minutes of 9 minutes works out better.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:20 PM   #309
Ironhead
College Prospect

I am working on getting my video compression high enough so I can put up some vids and maybe think about getting a video dynasty going.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #310
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I'm using 8 mins for now, and games still take over an hour. 9 mins would be close to an hour and a half I think.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #311
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Ive been exploring with the game a bit and have been playing exhibition games and have been involved in tough battles so far. Ive got a 4-4 overall record, either losing or winning within 3-7 pts.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:36 PM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was starting to worry that the CPU running wasn't effective enough before my last two games. Last game Notre Dame's RB beat us up fairly good. Now, this week Washington's RB, Kenny James is tearing us up. He has 16 carries and 152 yards in the first half! Furthermore, Washington's two defensive impact players are shutting down our passing and containing Reggie Bush. If Washington's QB hadn't thrown 2 interceptions, we'd be losing. As it is, we are only up 17-14 at halftime in my most exciting game this dynasty so far.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:04 PM   #313
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Just finished The Citadel vs. Wofford game. I was Citadel and ended up beating Yale on a 44 yd FG as time expired giving me a 10-12 victory. Greatness score of 488, and a very very ugly game in the rain.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:10 PM   #314
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Shorty, that sounds like a cool game

I don't use the hit stick hardly ever.

I just learned a valuable but costly lesson about in-season recruiting. I was in the lead to get the #1 HB in the nation, and I figured he might start with Bush and White likely to both leave after the season. Anyway, in week 7, I earned the opportunity to invite him to a home game. I looked at all of the games, and decided on UCLA which was the biggest home game I had left. The only problem was that it is in week 15. He's now told me that he thinks I'm forgetting about him waiting so long to schedule the official visit. I've dropped to 3rd on his list and he is visiting Florida State and Virginia Tech in the next 2 weeks

I learned a more valuable lesson. Don't forget to do in-season recruiting before you play week 1. I forgot, and now for my second season I have 0 recruits to look at...
Old 07-13-2005, 10:12 PM   #315
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I was starting to worry that the CPU running wasn't effective enough before my last two games. Last game Notre Dame's RB beat us up fairly good. Now, this week Washington's RB, Kenny James is tearing us up. He has 16 carries and 152 yards in the first half! Furthermore, Washington's two defensive impact players are shutting down our passing and containing Reggie Bush. If Washington's QB hadn't thrown 2 interceptions, we'd be losing. As it is, we are only up 17-14 at halftime in my most exciting game this dynasty so far.

No, it is. In that OT BC game where I was describing my 56-49 victory earlier, while my primary back ran for 301 yards on 52 carries (sorry but my starting QB is hurt and the others SUCK!), the BC back ran for 215 yards on 16 carries.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #316
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Kenny James finished with 35 carries for 252 yards as we contained him in the second half by stacking 8 and 9 men in the box. Fortunately, Washington's QB was really horrid and didn't make us pay for stacking the box. He even threw an interception to my DE in the 4th quarter. My DE rumbled 25 yards for the TD!

My soft commit, the best SS in the nation, signed today after we beat Washington 42-17. He said that he liked our record (7-0). Now, I have his points to go towards the other recruits.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-13-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:17 PM   #317
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
I learned a more valuable lesson. Don't forget to do in-season recruiting before you play week 1. I forgot, and now for my second season I have 0 recruits to look at...

Ouch
Old 07-13-2005, 10:20 PM   #318
Balldog
Pro Rookie

My roomie rented the game yesterday, we played a H2H game tonight. He won 59-38, I was Bowling Green and he was TCU. By his choice the level was on Varsity, please tell me on the AA and Heisman level that there is a defense in the game. His QB played like John Elway, it was not fun at all. Last year he beat me only one time, usually he couldn't score.

Regardless, as of right now I am planning on picking this up tomorrow afternoon.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:24 PM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
My roomie rented the game yesterday, we played a H2H game tonight. He won 59-38, I was Bowling Green and he was TCU. By his choice the level was on Varsity, please tell me on the AA and Heisman level that there is a defense in the game. His QB played like John Elway, it was not fun at all. Last year he beat me only one time, usually he couldn't score.

Regardless, as of right now I am planning on picking this up tomorrow afternoon.

On AA, there is a decent defense, but speed guys can really blow open a game. On Heisman level from what I've heard, the defense is quite tough.
Old 07-13-2005, 11:11 PM   #320
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The game is liquid crack.

Now I know what it feels like to lose your stud QB in the first week and then watch as your season.. and recruits, go in the tank.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:24 PM   #321
Galaril
Pro Starter

Are the default roster the baisc teams in the real NCAA. So, for example will the Air Force team be a option team in the game as they are here. I wonder if teams will adjust over time based on the personnel in a dynasty.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:25 PM   #322
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The game is liquid crack.

Now I know what it feels like to lose your stud QB in the first week and then watch as your season.. and recruits, go in the tank.

Yep. I just got to beat up Navy 45-14, but now I think it's time for Big East play, and without my QB, well, I hope I beat Rutgers..
Old 07-13-2005, 11:29 PM   #323
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Are the default roster the baisc teams in the real NCAA. So, for example will the Air Force team be a option team in the game as they are here. I wonder if teams will adjust over time based on the personnel in a dynasty.

Yep.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:52 AM   #324
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
No, it is. In that OT BC game where I was describing my 56-49 victory earlier, while my primary back ran for 301 yards on 52 carries (sorry but my starting QB is hurt and the others SUCK!), the BC back ran for 215 yards on 16 carries.

I opened with BC in my BYU dynasty and LV Whitworth tore us up too, he ran for over 200 and picked up no fewer than 6 drive extending first downs on third and 3 or more!!! The good news is the new offense scored 38 points and Todd Watkins is unstoppable, but we had 5 turnovers and still lost the game.

The really funny thing is this poor run defense carried over into my next game against freakin Eastern Illinois, we were down 21-17 in the second quarter (at home) and making their Tailback look like Reggie Bush. Finally it seems the Defense regained their composure and we pulled away to a 59-28 win. I am really liking the way it seems like momentum has an effect in the game, EIU was playing out of their minds and BYU was sloppy and flat. Once we got up by a couple scores though it seemed like EIU slowed down, almost like they gave it all they had and then just gave up......Only 2 games into it, but this is already tons better than 2005 IMO...
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:14 AM   #325
jbmagic
Pro Starter

anybody pick up the NCAA 2006 strategy book.

i was skimming thru it in the store and notice each college team is set to run a certain % and pass a certain % for offense and defense.

so there will be some teams that love to run a lot and some teams that will pass a lot.

or that % for run and pass on offense and defense for sims games only?
Old 07-14-2005, 02:18 AM   #326
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Whats the average score in your games? Mine are either 31-24 and 24-21 with the game usually being won or lost on the final drive.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:49 AM   #327
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Uhhh...I'm pretty much getting beat, and beaten bad each game. I'm thinking (hoping) some of it has to do with the controller - I'm not used to the O button switching players on the PS2. I think I'm going to look at changing the controller around today, though I love that the X button is ALWAYS sprint, even when the QB has the ball.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 06:28 AM   #328
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I have to be honest this game is pretty good and alot better then 05. I love the fact that you can notice big time players during game play. I am talking about non-impact players not the impact players... I have one impact OLB(#34) and another OLB(#83) who is a stud. Now #34 wrecks all kinds of havoc when they run a play on his side... but #83 is pure LB in the mold of LT big hits for everyone in his path. We are in the 7th game of the season he has hurt 3 people who were out atleast 3 weeks. Good Game.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:55 AM   #329
Bee
Pro Starter

Well, I started my first RFTH dynasty as a RB. I'm far from a joystick jockey, so during the summer camp I didn't impress too much but I did get a scholarship to Maryland. Wish you had more than 3 choices...

My plan is to have Corso call the offensive plays and I'll call the defensive plays. The only players I'll control is my HB and sadly the kicker. (Note: I now know why Corso isn't a coach anymore...he sucks.). I plan on playing RFTH for 4 years and then transition my RB into a coach. Not sure how this works, but according to the game you can do chose to become a coach instead of going to the NFL.

First game was against Navy. I started with 9 minute quarters and all penalties but Face Mask maxed. Maryland won 61-0. Three of our touchdowns were punt returns, which I'm assuming is highly unusual. My RB ran the ball 21 times for 97 yards and 1 TD. I'm much better running to the outside, but Corso kept calling plays up the middle and I tried to follow the play designs as much as possible.

Second game was against Clemson and this was a more even matched game. I decided to move the quarters down to 8 minutes, but kept everything else the same. Clemson came in with a high powered offense and a QB who had thrown for 424 yards in his previous game. Our defensive backs sucks, so the pre-game guys thought we'd get lit up. For the first 3 quarters it was a close but high scoring game. We went into the 4th quarter tied at 35-35. Clemson's quarterback choked in the 4th quarter and threw 3 picks. Maryland ended up winning 52-35. My RB ran 24 times for 138 yards and 1 TD. Both QBs went over 400 yards.

Third game was against WVU. They came in with a very good RB, but we were slight favorites because of our passing game. They kept it close with solid defense, but Maryland won 28-17. My RB rushed 22 times for 165 yards and 1 TD. The WVU RB rushed for -2 yard total on 25 carries. He broke off a couple 10 yard runs, but they kept snapping directly to him in the shotgun and my DEs kept throwing him for 3-4 yard losses on that play.

Overall, I thought the game was quite an improvement over last year. I don't know if the graphics were better, but the player movement seemed improved a lot to me. It looked like they added a few new things to give it a more realistic look.

Penalties: I was getting a good number of holding and clipping calls, but not a lot of other stuff. I might even turn the clipping and holding down a little (maybe to 3/4) and bring the face mask up to that level as well.

Running game: I've only played 3 games, but I'm not seeing an improved running game from the computer that others have mentioned. Maybe it's Maryland's Defense or something, but no back has rushed for more than a dozen or so yards against us yet. I thought the WVU RB would because the pre-game show hyped him a lot and he's pretty highly rated, but nada. I might try tweaking this a little if it continues.

Passing game: Much better than last year, but still needs work. Not seeing tons of drops and while playing the completion percentage seems reasonable. The yards per attempt seems too high, but my perception of that might change with a few more games. Not sure if I can tweak this in the sliders or not.

The punt returns I experienced in my first game appeared to be a fluke or just an incredible matchup problem for Navy. I haven't seen any other punt return touchdowns since the 3 during the first game.

So far, even with the couple issues I've noticed, the game is a ton of fun and I'm having a blast. I like the direction it's going with the RFTH option, although it could use more work. I'm looking forward to checking out the coaching/recruiting portion of the game as well.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:17 AM   #330
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Whats the average score in your games? Mine are either 31-24 and 24-21 with the game usually being won or lost on the final drive.

Mine are usually about 40-55 points for USC with the opposition usually in the teens or twenties. I can't wait to see what kind of matchup I face in the National Championship game (assuming I don't lose Bush or Leinart before then.)
Old 07-14-2005, 07:44 AM   #331
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Has anybody simmed a decade or so into the future in their dynasty yet? I'm always curious to see if the top teams remain consistently good or if 'surprise' teams are constantly in the top ten. I remember a few years back (NCAA 2002 I believe) the game was notorious around campus for Central Michigan consistently becoming a national powerhouse after a few seasons
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #332
JeeberD
General Manager

Well, I just sent off an e-mail to DVDPlanet asking why the game hasn't shipped yet. Lets see how long it takes for them to get back to me...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:02 AM   #333
wade moore
lolzcat

For those that d/l'd PS2 rosters - do they have rosters for the DI-AA schools also? I'm particularly interested in William and Mary and the rest of the Atlantic 10... trying to decided whether to by an Action Replay..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:17 AM   #334
Galaril
Pro Starter

Sorry, if this was already mentioned. I started a dynasty with BC and I tried to schedule a D1AA team it jsut gave me a generic Northeast D1AA team no real school. It says you can add these teams do they mean that you have to create them yourself?
Old 07-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #335
Celeval
Pro Starter

At the beginning of a dynasty, you can swap teams in 1-for-1. The teams you can swap in include tons of I-AA teams.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 10:38 AM   #336
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
At the beginning of a dynasty, you can swap teams in 1-for-1. The teams you can swap in include tons of I-AA teams.

So, by swap out the generic ones for real division d1AA teams? Where was this option? On the schedule screen?
Old 07-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #337
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
So, by swap out the generic ones for real division d1AA teams? Where was this option? On the schedule screen?

You have to swap them for DIA teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:25 AM   #338
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Picked it up at Fry's lastnight for $37.99, last copy that had at the Arlington Store. The Irving store was completely out. I think the sale runs through today, so don't know if they'll have more stock in or not.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:41 PM   #339
Emiliano
College Prospect

Game arrived this afternoon!!! I guess that 13$ FedEx international shipping has paid off: 2 days from release and I got the game!!!

Anyway, I only played 1 quarter of Miami-FSU (Canes' fan here) because I was in a hurry but guys: this game is amazing! Passing game is way much better than last year, and I like the general "touch" they've put in the game. I mean, they've paid attention to a lot of details and it's really, really cool. Graphics are also better.

So far, I love it.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #340
JeeberD
General Manager

Who did you order from Emiliano?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 01:48 PM   #341
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Well, I just sent off an e-mail to DVDPlanet asking why the game hasn't shipped yet. Lets see how long it takes for them to get back to me...

Let me know what they say.. I'm tempted to cancel and just check the local Fry's.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:47 PM   #342
Tara
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Who did you order from Emiliano?

He is playing for sure, so I don't think he would be angry if i answer for him ...
The game was ordered from tronix.com
A great site for selling games. I've done a lot of orders here too. Suggested
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:52 PM   #343
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Just had my first greatest game when the Bearcats beat Louisville 42-35.

When recruiting does a pipeline school or having a high academic ranking have any real effect on if a player is more likely to go to your school?

Last edited by Bearcat729 : 07-14-2005 at 03:05 PM.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #344
Tara
Mascot

sorry,
www.tronixweb.com .... That's the correct link.
Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #345
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

My birthday is in three weeks. My wife's making me wait until then to get the game.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:00 PM   #346
sabotai
General Manager

Got the game the other day. Took a few games to get used to the controls (They switched the "Change to closest defender" and "Sprint" buttons on defense. Messed me up a lot during the first couple of games).

I decided to go with the RFTH mode as a change of pace (plus it'll give me a reason to play every game instead of 1 or 2 and simming the rest. ). I'd say it's been fun and better than the previous NCAA's.

I am going with the LB as a real challenge. Don't know how well I'll need to do in order to win the Heisman, but I really don't have any expectation of doing it. I do want to try and win as many defense awards as I can though.

After a few tune up games, I started a RFTH game. I went to Michigan who were #7 at the time (The LB drill was incredibly easy). Won my first game vs Northern Illinois rather easily. Second vs. Notre Dame was a back and forth game. Went up quickly 7-0, but then found myself down 17-7 at the half. My defense settled down and my offense picked it up and dominated the second half, winning 34-17.

A big reason for the fast turnaround was me! (as in Me in the game). At 17-14, they throw an out to their TE. I was covering the other TE (2 TE on my side of the formation) who ran a fly pattern. It was thrown, I stopped and ran to the target. After the TE catches and turn I destroyed him and caused a fumble (which we recovered). Next drive, 21-17 now, another throw, I deflect the pass and it's intercepted (I had this happen in the game vs. N. Illinois too). Next drive, it's now 28-17. A pass to their RB is picked off by me.

Wouldn't say I've been a dominating force though (7 tackles, 1 sack after 2 games). Just have been in the right place at the right time a lot so far.

So far so good for this years NCAA.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:10 PM   #347
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
My birthday is in three weeks. My wife's making me wait until then to get the game.

buy the game now.

when wife gives you her present. dont open the wrap on the game and just return it to get your refund.

she will never know
Old 07-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #348
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Is there a way to turn off the "auto-play" feature during the game? That is, when I start a passing play and I don't hit a button, he'll automatically throw to some random receiver. I got used to letting my QB auto-drop before I took over. But in NCAA it auto-drops, then auto-throws. Do I just need to get into the habit of doing the drop back manually to avoid this problem?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #349
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Uhhh...I'm pretty much getting beat, and beaten bad each game. I'm thinking (hoping) some of it has to do with the controller - I'm not used to the O button switching players on the PS2. I think I'm going to look at changing the controller around today, though I love that the X button is ALWAYS sprint, even when the QB has the ball.

Craig, my advice is just get used to the new controls because they will likely be the same in Madden. I found it works nicely if your thumb is ALWAYS on the X button and then if you need to switch you slide it over and back very quickly.. that way I haven't gotten confused as much as I was Tuesday.

And like I said, you won't miss many tackles if you just run into the person with the ball instead of weakly diving at them.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #350
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yep. I just got to beat up Navy 45-14, but now I think it's time for Big East play, and without my QB, well, I hope I beat Rutgers..

I hope you lose. Seriously, Rutgers loses 14 starters after year 1 plus some key backups. Damn EA and their lack of research.

I haven;t really played a serious game yet. I'm just messing around trying to unlock all the rivalry trophies, so I play 1 min quarters on JV . I've got 17 of the trophies so far.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote