Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2004, 05:32 PM   #301
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Question "MOP"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
I just got this game yesterday. I am using Jistic's MOP sliders. (You don't really change all that much). So far I'm 1-0. I won mainly because I put the FT meter on, and that makes it insanely easy ot make FTs so I'll probably take that off. I stayed close through most of the game thnks to those FTs and then made a run at the end. The team I was playing was alos on my level (we both sucked. I picked Long Island as my Legacy team). You'd think it would be very hard at the top dif. level, but it's not. It actually plays much better because your other 4 guys play better as well as the opponent.

MOP, is that a difficulty level? I'm using his AA sliders right now, but if these "MOP" sliders are better, then I'm going to make that switch tonight.
Old 12-27-2004, 05:44 PM   #302
sabotai
General Manager

MOP is the top dif. level I think. On the difficulty option, keep pressing right until you get to it. I pretty just jumped into the game with the MOP sliders (I usually go to Operationsports when I get a sports game and look for his sliders) so I don't rteally have anything to compare it to.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 07:29 AM   #303
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Had a pretty heartbreaking moment in espn 2k5.. basically never going to play it again

14th seeded radford vs 3rd seed georgia tech at Cleveland state campus..

hit a 3 at the buzzer to send it to ot..

hit a 3 at the buzzer to send it to double ot

Hit a 3 at the buzzer to send it to triple ot.

fouled shooting a 3 pointer.. hit all 3 free throws to win by 1.. and the game locked up at the game stats screen..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:01 AM   #304
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Gaaaaaaaaaaah.

After staying up til nearly 5 this morning playing this game (and seeing the lock-up for the first time btw), I cannot imagine how bad that really felt. I can try to imagine it, but I don't think I'm even coming close.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:02 AM   #305
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
Had a pretty heartbreaking moment in espn 2k5.. basically never going to play it again

fouled shooting a 3 pointer.. hit all 3 free throws to win by 1.. and the game locked up at the game stats screen..

Ouch. That's horrible. That would definitely keep me from ever playing it again, too.
Old 12-29-2004, 03:08 PM   #306
sabotai
General Manager

My team is down to 1-4. I lost ot amuch better team in Ohio State for my first lose. Then a close game vs. a evenly matched apponent who had a great 3-pt shooter. Then I played Boston College in a close one. And an evenly matched game in which I led most of the way and blew it at the end. My team went into intentional fouling mode and the AI hit every FT (10 total I think) and my team lost by 3.

That really sucks Ragone. Just hearing about that ameks me want to shy away from the game. I've had a couple of heartbreaking loses. To have a game like that and have it freeze...ouch. When something kind of similar happened to me in NFL 2k5 (not a game freeze, but the game screwed me over royally) I stopped playing it for awhile too.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #307
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Quote:

Don't feel bad, I'm getting CRUSHED in this game. I can't win a game to save my life, I just got destroyed by ND as my Charleston Southern or whoever it is when you start a legacy. I'd say I lost by a good 40 pts. It was fun though!
Old 12-29-2004, 03:43 PM   #308
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:

It locked up? Or it gave you a dirty disc error? I ask because if you get the dirty disc message, usually you can let it sit for a while and it'll eventually snap back into the game so you can save your progress. That's happened to me in the tournament once or twice.

If it flat out froze up, though, dunno what to tell you.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 03:51 PM   #309
Flasch186
Coordinator

yeah, im pretty much terrible at this game...but im enjoying losing.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:00 PM   #310
Booj
High School JV

I agree with all of the above... I started out with Nicholls St which has a killer schedule. My first three games were AT Mississippi St, Auburn and Michigan St. I lost all three... big time. I'm playing in coach-mode, so I really do feel helpless, but I'm just waiting until I get to my easier schedule. I might actually have to coach instead of just waiting for the game to end.

But, to copy my post in the dynasty forum... (figure this would be the better audience..) I'm planning on starting reporting on my ESPNCH legacy, but since I have to transfer all the information manually, I was wondering what you guys think the more important things are to cover. Obviously the games, but what else?
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 04:44 PM   #311
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booj
I agree with all of the above... I started out with Nicholls St which has a killer schedule. My first three games were AT Mississippi St, Auburn and Michigan St. I lost all three... big time. I'm playing in coach-mode, so I really do feel helpless, but I'm just waiting until I get to my easier schedule. I might actually have to coach instead of just waiting for the game to end.

But, to copy my post in the dynasty forum... (figure this would be the better audience..) I'm planning on starting reporting on my ESPNCH legacy, but since I have to transfer all the information manually, I was wondering what you guys think the more important things are to cover. Obviously the games, but what else?

Probably want to cover who you're recruiting and why, need area's shit like that. The games are important of course but this game has a lot of "day to day" activity that readers might (or might not) be interested in. I don't know, it's hard to say, I haven't read a dynasty about a console game before.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #312
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, this may make me the butt of a few jokes, but it's driving me nuts, so I'll pay that price if I have to --- HTF do you dunk in this damn game (in do-it-yourself mode)?

I've shot enough 1 ft jumpers that I'm getting a callous and my computer players are getting sore shoulders ... but no matter how many times I read the nearly-usless instructions, my players won't just slam the ball down. It says (paraphrasing here) move the left directional toward the basket while pressing the square button, but danged if I see that accomplishing much. I get the occasional layup that actually looks like a layup, but only 1 (blown) dunk attempt in 9 games even while averaging over 100 ppg.

So somebody, please, tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #313
Booj
High School JV

I had trouble figuring it out as well, but now I hardly play, just coach. I am also interested in how people actually do it.
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 06:20 PM   #314
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Okay, this may make me the butt of a few jokes, but it's driving me nuts, so I'll pay that price if I have to --- HTF do you dunk in this damn game (in do-it-yourself mode)?

I've shot enough 1 ft jumpers that I'm getting a callous and my computer players are getting sore shoulders ... but no matter how many times I read the nearly-usless instructions, my players won't just slam the ball down. It says (paraphrasing here) move the left directional toward the basket while pressing the square button, but danged if I see that accomplishing much. I get the occasional layup that actually looks like a layup, but only 1 (blown) dunk attempt in 9 games even while averaging over 100 ppg.

So somebody, please, tell me what the heck I'm doing wrong.

I always thought it was hold L1 + Square, though I may be wrong.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:32 PM   #315
henry296
College Starter

You need to hold down the turbo button to dunk.

Todd
Old 12-29-2004, 08:11 PM   #316
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Also, you need to have a guy with decent dunk ratings. My first year in my legacy, no one on the team could dunk.. now I have a SF who is a stud with a 93 dunk rating and he does all kinds of trick dunks.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:40 PM   #317
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

There are very few players in the game who can do standing dunks (at least at the lesser schools). Now, if you're holding down the turbo button and running toward the basket when shooting, well, I guess it's your players' fault.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:27 PM   #318
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Thanks guys, I suspect the turbo button thing is my problem. Again, I'm paraphrasing, but basically the mini-manual only indicates that turbo would increase your range on lay-ups & dunks, not that it's a requirement. I'll give that a try ... when & if my son stops beating the hell out of NFL 2k5 (he's on the lowest difficulty, but wreaking havoc with basically a McNabb/Owens throw-it-long-and-pray-offense).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-29-2004 at 09:27 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 10:02 PM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
Thanks guys, I suspect the turbo button thing is my problem. Again, I'm paraphrasing, but basically the mini-manual only indicates that turbo would increase your range on lay-ups & dunks, not that it's a requirement. I'll give that a try ... when & if my son stops beating the hell out of NFL 2k5 (he's on the lowest difficulty, but wreaking havoc with basically a McNabb/Owens throw-it-long-and-pray-offense).

That is my favorite offense
Old 12-30-2004, 11:30 AM   #320
bamcgee
High School JV

I rented the xbox version from Gamefly, so I don't have the manual - can anyone tell me how I execute a post-up move from the back-down position? It seemed like after I had pushed the white button to back Simien into the post, his only move was a step-back jumper. Not what I had in mind. What am I missing?

I was also wondering about the lack of dunks, so that's helpful.
bamcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 11:49 AM   #321
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamcgee
I rented the xbox version from Gamefly, so I don't have the manual - can anyone tell me how I execute a post-up move from the back-down position?

I'm on PS2, so I don't know the answer ... but this might come in handy:
http://www.espnvideogames.com/manuals/

It's a link to the manuals for all the games in the series.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:25 PM   #322
bamcgee
High School JV

great, thanks!
bamcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #323
Radii
Head Coach

just started playing this game last night and it looks awesome, i'm 0-2 with campbell. I started w/ 16 minute halves and lost ~65-40 in both games, I might bump it up to 18 or 20 minute halves and see how that looks(since i'm not really playing a slowdown offense and my opponent is shooting like 55% against me in my ifrst two games... I should probably be giving up 80-90).

Question: if you have recruiting assistance turned on, what will happen automatically? what do I need to do? The first week the CPU made a lot of contacts for me and I picked the guy to throw my 1 scholarship at and have been going hard at him since then(just 2 more weeks so far though).
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #324
wade moore
lolzcat

I just got this game for Christmas and.. wow.. it is amazing... I am playing an open legacy with my William and Mary Tribe... right now it has gone about like I expected... we are 3-5, losing handily to Arizona and then losing close ones to some similarly rated teams, including a heart-breaker in our first conference game against ODU where we lost by 2...

That was the first time i used the MOP sliders of jistic's... I've played two games with them and they make the game THAT much better..

Question though... has anyone figured out if play time affects development?

and has anyone else noticed that lineups seem to have NO affect on automatic subs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:43 PM   #325
spleen1015
Coordinator

There are some things that are starting to get on my nerves a little.

1. When an offensive foul happens and the defending team is in the bonus, they don't get to go to the line for the free throws.
EDIT - This doesn't happen in real life. I am corrected, but the announcers in the game still talk about the guys going to the line because of it.
2. The autosub option stinks. Sub in Player A for Player B. Player C makes the first free throw. Sub in Player B for Player A. Player C makes the free throw.
3. The players don't have the same free throw shooting style every time he steps to the line.

Other than these three, I am enjoying the game.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 01-10-2005 at 04:33 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:48 PM   #326
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I actually picked up March Madness last week and I like the gameplay better than ESPN CH 2k5. ESPN is MUCH deeper overall, but I'm hooked on the gameplay of MM.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:54 PM   #327
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I actually picked up March Madness last week and I like the gameplay better than ESPN CH 2k5. ESPN is MUCH deeper overall, but I'm hooked on the gameplay of MM.

Todd

I had MM last year and just really did not like it... I think my biggest problem was that passing was just too difficult.. I always had WAY too many turnovers on a game, particularly when the full-court press came in.. the full-court press (especially in on-line play) was FAR too effective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 01:56 PM   #328
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
I had MM last year and just really did not like it... I think my biggest problem was that passing was just too difficult.. I always had WAY too many turnovers on a game, particularly when the full-court press came in.. the full-court press (especially in on-line play) was FAR too effective...

Last year's didn't do much for me either, hence it was traded in. I played ESPN's alot, but the gameplay just bugged me for some reason. MM plays great and I love driving to the hoop. I don't think recruiting is close to ESPN, but it's been fun and a game I want to keep playing "one more". Passing is fine and I like the "floor general" concept.

Todd
Old 01-10-2005, 02:13 PM   #329
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
There are some things that are starting to get on my nerves a little.

1. When an offensive foul happens and the defending team is in the bonus, they don't get to go to the line for the free throws.
2. The autosub option stinks. Sub in Player A for Player B. Player C makes the first free throw. Sub in Player B for Player A. Player C makes the free throw.
3. The players don't have the same free throw shooting style every time he steps to the line.

Other than these three, I am enjoying the game.

#1 is actually done correctly. You do not shoot foul shots on charging calls even in the bonus.

Todd
Old 01-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #330
bob
College Starter

I loved this game.... and then the show stopping bug happened. I was playing as Navy, and was 10 - 1. I needed to simulate about 3 days before my next game. However, when the recruiting was going on, the game froze EVERY time on the same day. I've tried it from both the calendar and the entire schedule screen, I've tried it after changing a bunch of recruiting settings, but every time, it freezes.... I've tried it about 30 times. Needless to say, there goes me playing the dynasty mode every again.

I guess I still have the tourney mode to play.

Bob

Last edited by bob : 01-10-2005 at 02:33 PM.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #331
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296
#1 is actually done correctly. You do not shoot foul shots on charging calls even in the bonus.

Actually, you don't shoot "player control fouls." These are when the official deems the offensive player was out of control, and is indicated by the official placing his hand on the back of the head. They are most often called on charges, but not all charges are player control fouls, and vice versa. There are other offensive fouls though (moving pick, "hooking" a defender to get around him) which would be shot in college hoops, but are not shot in CH 2K5.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #332
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
Actually, you don't shoot "player control fouls." These are when the official deems the offensive player was out of control, and is indicated by the official placing his hand on the back of the head. They are most often called on charges, but not all charges are player control fouls, and vice versa. There are other offensive fouls though (moving pick, "hooking" a defender to get around him) which would be shot in college hoops, but are not shot in CH 2K5.

You are correct that some offensive fouls are shot. But considering CH2k5 never calls moving picks or other offensive fouls and the only offensive fouls are charges it is implemented correctly, IMO.

Todd
Old 01-10-2005, 04:33 PM   #333
spleen1015
Coordinator

You know that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

What made me think you did was because every time it happens, the announcers talk about the team being in the bonus and they get to go to the line. So, they've doinked up the announcers in these situations then.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 05:02 PM   #334
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
You know that's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

What made me think you did was because every time it happens, the announcers talk about the team being in the bonus and they get to go to the line. So, they've doinked up the announcers in these situations then.

Ahh.. I never turn on the sound, just put the TV on in the background.
Old 01-12-2005, 11:16 PM   #335
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Last year's didn't do much for me either, hence it was traded in. I played ESPN's alot, but the gameplay just bugged me for some reason. MM plays great and I love driving to the hoop. I don't think recruiting is close to ESPN, but it's been fun and a game I want to keep playing "one more". Passing is fine and I like the "floor general" concept.

Todd

Todd,
Do you have any sliders for MM?
Old 01-13-2005, 08:47 AM   #336
Calis
College Starter

Got this game about two weeks ago and it's far and away the best basketball game I've played.

Been using those MoP sliders mentioned earlier and it plays a great game..if only I could figure out how to have any sort of a consistent inside game.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 08:55 AM   #337
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Todd,
Do you have any sliders for MM?

Check Operation Sports. I've been using defaults so far as they have been working for me.

Todd
Old 01-31-2005, 11:52 AM   #338
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Damn game, I have just finished up December with my Dartmouth coaching mode dynasty and the game lost my contacted recruits. And what is worse is I offered 3 scholarships, two of them chose different schools and the other is undecided. Problem is the two that have chosen different schools are still eating up my scholarships so I can not offer them to someone else.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:29 PM   #339
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

If you lose recruit contact information, you can restart the game and try reloading your legacy. It's only happened to me once, but that did the trick. Hopefully you have a good save sometime before the error.

I don't know about the wasted scholarships, but I would think reloading would get rid of that problem also.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 01:30 PM   #340
Cuckoo
College Starter

Question for those who have this:

I've halfway kept up with this thread, but don't have the energy to search through to see if it was discussed already.

I know that you can create a school, but can you play with that created school in legacy mode? If so, I can't figure out how to do it. It seems like a bit of a waste to be able to create a school and not be able to use it in legacy, but...
Old 01-31-2005, 01:47 PM   #341
bob
College Starter

The more I play and read about this game, the less and less I feel like this game was ready for release. I can't believe some of the bugs in legacy mode (wasted scholarship and recruiting freeze) made it through....

I just play the tourney mode now. I like the actual basketball game, but the management part is screwed up.

Bob
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #342
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

That seems to be the problem with SEGA's games recently. Gameplay is nice but the dynasty/legacy modes are bugged. Either way I've moved up the coaching ranks from Long Island to UCF to NCST and it's nice finally having 5* recruits interested.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:10 PM   #343
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Has anyone tried this and March Madness. I'm going through a season with the 'Zags so far (a misserable 10-8, but started 2-7 before I figured out that playing as a team is actually the key). I was wondering how the two compare (XBox xomparisons prefered).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:11 PM   #344
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: Never mind. I read back a little in this thread (got scared off by the size initially). Thanks.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 02:52 AM   #345
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I figured out how to record my games on my DVD recorder without problems. Unfortunately, my computer has crapped out, so I have to wait until I can get the computer problems fixed. I'm on my wife's computer right now, as my own system will only boot into safe mode.

I'm going to mess around with my computer in the next day or two, and I hope to get the problems fixed. If so, I'll do some test recording/editing, and maybe we'll get some highlights of my virtual Privateers.

With regards to those highlights, I haven't decided whether I'm going to make AVI files (small ones, hopefully) or animated GIF files. Either way, I'm sure the files wouldn't really be dialup-friendly, but that's the nature of today's Internet, I suppose.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #346
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I figured out how to record my games on my DVD recorder without problems. Unfortunately, my computer has crapped out, so I have to wait until I can get the computer problems fixed. I'm on my wife's computer right now, as my own system will only boot into safe mode.

I'm going to mess around with my computer in the next day or two, and I hope to get the problems fixed. If so, I'll do some test recording/editing, and maybe we'll get some highlights of my virtual Privateers.

With regards to those highlights, I haven't decided whether I'm going to make AVI files (small ones, hopefully) or animated GIF files. Either way, I'm sure the files wouldn't really be dialup-friendly, but that's the nature of today's Internet, I suppose.

I'll keep you guys posted.

I look forward to hearing/seeing more about this.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:05 PM   #347
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

Reading Pumpy Tudors' posts gave me an idea. I moved my XBox so that I can switch the RCA outputs between my TV and the capture card on my PC pretty easily.

I'm in my fourth season of a legacy career where I've played every game. I'm currently 24-0 with the Evansville Aces and have been cruising since my upset of then #1 Arizona. I've been thinking about doing a legacy, but I'm afraid the game is getting too easy to hold my interest for much longer.

At any rate, I've been capturing the highlights of my last few games, and will continue to do so until at least the end of this season. I would gladly post them if I could find a host. They're about 6 MB for 20 seconds worth of clips.

Last edited by Ryno : 09-03-2005 at 11:35 PM. Reason: links removed
Old 02-06-2005, 05:49 PM   #348
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

I play on the PSII.

For the life of me, I can't get the low-post moves to work.

The hold L2, then hit L1 and circle or square(I forget which). At any rate, I can get him to do a move, but never can I get him to release the damn shot.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 06:15 PM   #349
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I've gotten my setup working, but I think the old capture device (WinTV USB) that I borrowed from my wife just isn't going to cut it. The quality isn't good at all. I might be able to give some tips on compression, though, which could cut down your file sizes, Ryno. I'll post some stuff after I'm done with my 4 tables of online poker.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:47 PM   #350
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

I forgot that my capture card only recorded audio as uncompressed LCM. Just compressing the sound to MP3 cuts the file size by 2/3.

I'd imagine that I could get the video compressed a little more also, but I haven't looked into it.

I plan to start working on a dynasty report on Wedensday. I have a few ideas already, but won't have the time to do it until then.