Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2004, 07:02 AM   #301
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
There is a very long changelist for the patch - however the majority of tweaks are fairly 'minor' and the majority of people would never notice them if they weren't fixed, however we're perfectionists and want to get things as close to 100% perfect as possible.

There are also a number of items present in the changelist which aren't 'fixes', such as the additional pictures etc. - these simply weren't supplied by the club in question in time for release and we've obtained these since the Gold master date.

Hope this helps,

Marc

Marc, wanted to say I appreciate the hard work. Maybe I'm not a looking very hard for bugs and needed tweaks, but I like my game already very much the way it is working now. Sure it will be nice with tweaks and fixes, but I only wanted to say I thought you put out one heck of a game.

FM
PS: I especially like the media interaction. Seems like everytime I get into either mind games, or simple comments about some of my players' performance, I get feedback from either other players, or the fans, or the media. Just awesome!
Old 11-23-2004, 07:24 AM   #302
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
PS: I especially like the media interaction. Seems like everytime I get into either mind games, or simple comments about some of my players' performance, I get feedback from either other players, or the fans, or the media. Just awesome!

This has been further improved in the patches, as some of the contexts were wrong and some minor features - such as feedback from players when they finish loans weren't frequent enough imho.

PS. Glad you're enjoying the game
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 07:25 AM   #303
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy m
Marc, i was wondering why you can view leagues lower than the Northern & Southern conference in the editor (e.g. the Isthsmian league) yet these are not available in the game? is it just so that the game can promote teams to the Northen & Southern conferences?

a hope of mine is to see these leagues in the full game some day, so that it would be possible to start even lower in the english pyramid

Yeah thats basically it - putting these into the db allows us to ensure that sensible clubs are promoted into the active leagues ...
Old 11-23-2004, 08:06 AM   #304
andy m
High School Varsity

ok, thanks
Old 11-23-2004, 10:00 AM   #305
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

What about MLS? Are changes going to be made to the league structure?
Old 11-23-2004, 10:32 AM   #306
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle

No, and it looks like nothing or very little will be corrected with MLS (there are very numerous major problems with it at the current time which have been well documented over at SI).

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 11-23-2004 at 10:33 AM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:34 AM   #307
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
No, and it looks like nothing or very little will be corrected with MLS (there are very numerous major problems with it at the current time which have been well documented over at SI).

I know it will not be in EP1, but I have faith that SI games will have it fully corrected by EP2.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:36 AM   #308
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I hope so.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #309
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

League structure changes for the MLS are unlikely to be in EP1 - however we will look into correcting them past this point ...
Old 11-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #310
Desnudo
Coordinator

I think my copy must be riding in the Gulf Stream back to England. 20 days and counting.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:02 PM   #311
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Well, at least it worked for one of us.

I did everything listed above, and cleared out all signs of the EHM demo and any past FM demos. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and the editor is up and working. Then I used the init.cfg file that Eaglesfan sent me. No dice.

I think, though, one of the problems is that I needed to save the file from my Hotmail account, because of the way that email browser does attachments. Meaning, my stupid computer OS was involved again in what this file is (since I had to save it to download it).

I need someone who has a init file that has a working "DEBUG_MODE" and can upload it to a link from which I can directly download it. I can't use Hotmail as a go-between. I need to get the file completely unchanged or affected by my computer whatsoever, simply downloaded and added to the folder.

So if anyone has a "DEBUG_MODE" file they know works and has space to upload it, please post here (or post a link here).

Thanks again. I really want to get this going (and this is absolutely beyond frustrating).

CR

Bumping in the hope someone who can help me will read this soon. Don't want it to get buried.

CR

P.S. I tried to post this request at SI's boards, but apparently according to one moderator, even the general community can't help me with it, or, as is likely, he misunderstood and thought I was asking for a working file directly from SI (who can't touch it, of course). It wouldn't surprise me if it was th elatter--the moderators over there are by and large utter tools.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-23-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 05:04 PM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I could send it to you via AIM if you wanted. That should avoid it getting altered?
Old 11-23-2004, 05:14 PM   #313
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think that would work actually. I'll get on right now (rumchief).

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #314
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My game did not come today. The address was wrong so I now have to wait until Wed.
Old 11-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #315
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:

As expected .Bye.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 08:43 PM   #316
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
As expected .Bye.

I wouldn't be so hard on the game, but this is all SI's fault. All it would have required to get most if not all of this stuff worked out, would be a quickstart with the demo.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:52 AM   #317
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

What a shocker. The init file still doesn't work.

I give up. I don't have a damn clue why this thing won't work. I have tried it in so many different ways now, I have probably forgotten more ways I have tried this than I can think up.

I guess I am just going to play this without DEBUG_MODE.

CR

Old 11-24-2004, 10:57 AM   #318
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sorry to hear that CR

I'm still shocked that it finally worked for me.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:25 PM   #319
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I got the game and I am loading it up right now. I am on my parent's nice, new Del computer.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:50 PM   #320
daedalus
Pro Rookie

What, uhh, happened to Marc's posts?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:51 PM   #321
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Which posts?

Edited to add: I still see his last two posts that I saw before in this thread.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-24-2004 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:54 PM   #322
Desnudo
Coordinator

The ones responding to Galaril and RPI-Fan about the MLS being wrong. Fairly lengthy, they should be about five posts up. You see them?
Old 11-24-2004, 09:57 PM   #323
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

No, I never did see that post. The last post I saw by him was #309 in which he said the MLS wouldn't be addressed in patch 1, but they were looking into correcting that at some point in the future. Sorry to see that I missed that other post you are talking about.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:56 AM   #324
Desnudo
Coordinator

I just got the game today. Things I like about it so far are that you can actually get players on loan at the lowest levels of English soccer and American players are getting the recognition they deserve with decent ratings.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:19 AM   #325
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

They were lost with the server switch.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:13 AM   #326
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Does anyone have the league guide for FM? I am interested in Brazil, but have no clue how the league works.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:41 AM   #327
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
I wouldn't be so hard on the game, but this is all SI's fault. All it would have required to get most if not all of this stuff worked out, would be a quickstart with the demo.

While I understand the frustration with MLS not working properly, I understand where Marc was coming from in his database-deleted posts. Even if the MLS was working properly I still wouldn't play it. It doesn't hold any interest for me with their current rules. I'd much rather see them concentrate on fixing bugs and making the overall game experience more enjoyable. Since I can get it from England quicker than it's released in the US, whether they sell it here or not is irrelevant to me.

Last edited by Desnudo : 11-25-2004 at 04:41 AM.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:26 AM   #328
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
While I understand the frustration with MLS not working properly, I understand where Marc was coming from in his database-deleted posts. Even if the MLS was working properly I still wouldn't play it. It doesn't hold any interest for me with their current rules. I'd much rather see them concentrate on fixing bugs and making the overall game experience more enjoyable. Since I can get it from England quicker than it's released in the US, whether they sell it here or not is irrelevant to me.
Wondered where those posts went ...

Gist of them was:

* Implementing some of the missing aspects of the MLS is very time intensive development as they're brand new aspects and have a heavy AI overhead - I've estimated around 4 months man-time for implementing this (bearing in mind only three people at the company can properly do this side of things and all of us are somewhat in demand for new features, tweaks in other areas at the best of times ... we only have a 9 month dev cycle for our seasonal updates so obviously this is a large chunk).
* When investigating the amount of interest in the MLS we discovered that even in America over 70% of people weren't interested in playing the MLS (which surprised me personally).
Incidentally this is one of the reasons there are relatively few MLS titled soccer games in America, simply put the European leagues are a bigger draw to soccer fans than the MLS.
* Such large AI based changes could easily affect other leagues implemented in the game adversely and unbalance the game. As such unless considerable test-time is available for these changes (ie. they're implemented at the beginning of an update cycle) it isn't practical to do this because of the risk involved.

I realise that these answers won't particularly 'please' you - however they're an honest asessment of things as they were and the reasons why the MLS isn't more accurate at the moment (and hasn't been rewritten substantially for patch#1).

As I've mentioned previously in this thread we will obviously attempt to improve the accuracy of the MLS implementation over time, but we're a fairly small development house and as such there are very practical real-world considerations to be taken into account with regards to implementing risky changes in a league which is not highly utilised by players of the game.

Hope this helps,

Marc
PS. American release is confirmed, although I believe it has slipped a week for reasons beyond SI's control .... expected ETA is 6th December.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:57 AM   #329
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Gist of them was:

* Implementing some of the missing aspects of the MLS is very time intensive development as they're brand new aspects and have a heavy AI overhead - I've estimated around 4 months man-time for implementing this (bearing in mind only three people at the company can properly do this side of things and all of us are somewhat in demand for new features, tweaks in other areas at the best of times ... we only have a 9 month dev cycle for our seasonal updates so obviously this is a large chunk).
* When investigating the amount of interest in the MLS we discovered that even in America over 70% of people weren't interested in playing the MLS (which surprised me personally).
Incidentally this is one of the reasons there are relatively few MLS titled soccer games in America, simply put the European leagues are a bigger draw to soccer fans than the MLS.
* Such large AI based changes could easily affect other leagues implemented in the game adversely and unbalance the game. As such unless considerable test-time is available for these changes (ie. they're implemented at the beginning of an update cycle) it isn't practical to do this because of the risk involved.

I realise that these answers won't particularly 'please' you - however they're an honest asessment of things as they were and the reasons why the MLS isn't more accurate at the moment (and hasn't been rewritten substantially for patch#1).

As I've mentioned previously in this thread we will obviously attempt to improve the accuracy of the MLS implementation over time, but we're a fairly small development house and as such there are very practical real-world considerations to be taken into account with regards to implementing risky changes in a league which is not highly utilised by players of the game.

Hope this helps,

Marc
PS. American release is confirmed, although I believe it has slipped a week for reasons beyond SI's control .... expected ETA is 6th December.

Thanks for the information, Marc. While I am disappointed to see this, it doesn't surprise me and I understand where you're coming from.

My only gripe, really, is that your company (or Sega, for your company's title) has worked out a licensing deal with the MLS and seemingly has taken steps to promote this game here in the States. As such, it would seem to be prudent to have devoted a very small (two perhaps, but directly involved) segment of programmers specifically to a module of the MLS whose entries and exits to other leagues could be roughly approximated to real life, so as to have the same effect on the world football economy which the MLS does now (in other words, little).

Hell, you could even sell it as an "MLS Expansion", and I will bet it would go over well.

I think the 70% thing you saw is a combination of a number of factors, including the fact the MLS is still less than 10 years old in a country devoted to other sports, that Americans tend to want to play with the best (which are generally in Europe), and that the people polled were likely past CM owners--whom didn't have much choice but to play (and get interested in) the leagues of other countries, lacking a well done of their own.

I, for instance, would put myself in that 70%, as I would certainly do most of my playing in Europe. That said, I would love to do an MLS game as well, if properly implemented.

One other option I would like is to turn the MLS (and the A League and PSL below it) into a model of Europe's leagues, with relegation. Sure, it's completley unrealistic, but it would at least make programming the league much simpler. As it is now, the league seems to be riding a fence between being a European-styled league (without relegation) and the way it is in real life, and as a result, it's a very poor facsimile of either. I say, get off the fence, and just give us a good working MLS, be it accurate to real life or not.

Keep up the good work. I know you're working hard. I just had a good laugh because in a Euro VASE match with Wolfsburg, I got to kick a freekick from inside the goal area.

CR

Old 11-25-2004, 06:57 AM   #330
MrBug708
Head Coach

I've noticed that when an opposing manager makes a comment and you back it up in a positive sense, the PR from your players will incorrectly claim that the opposing manager is the manager he will try to go out and prove for. Basically saying that Manger X made comments and will strive to back up his manager, manager X (as well) to ensure that it happens.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 07:46 AM   #331
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

This game is off the hook. A great buy. I am loving it so far.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:00 AM   #332
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
My only gripe, really, is that your company (or Sega, for your company's title) has worked out a licensing deal with the MLS and seemingly has taken steps to promote this game here in the States. As such, it would seem to be prudent to have devoted a very small (two perhaps, but directly involved) segment of programmers specifically to a module of the MLS whose entries and exits to other leagues could be roughly approximated to real life, so as to have the same effect on the world football economy which the MLS does now (in other words, little).
Hell, you could even sell it as an "MLS Expansion", and I will bet it would go over well.
I think the 70% thing you saw is a combination of a number of factors, including the fact the MLS is still less than 10 years old in a country devoted to other sports, that Americans tend to want to play with the best (which are generally in Europe), and that the people polled were likely past CM owners--whom didn't have much choice but to play (and get interested in) the leagues of other countries, lacking a well done of their own.

If we had a team large enough for me to dedicate two people to this side of things then I would have, please bear in mind that we are a small development house and for FM we had to rewrite the entire user interface of the game to the new look and feel which was quite intensive.

To give you an idea of team size working on FM - we have 5 main gameplay programmers on FM.

One of these was partially involved in the GUI update for FM which left effectively 4 1/2 people working on gameplay enhancements for that version of the game. As you can see moving two people onto MLS dedicated changes with a team that compact isn't a realistic proposition unfortunately.

The games industry is rather 'hyped' as far as profits that independant developers make and its easy to get the impression that every dev house has hundreds of programmers working on a title - with some teams (notably those wholly owned by publishers) this happens, however for independant developers its normally far from the case.

I very much want us to break into the American market, not least because EHM and OOTP are amazing games and imho deserve to be very successful ... however its something which will take time as the American public time to come around to as its a whole new genre and convincing people that a game without snazzy 3D graphics is still a good game takes time.

As a rather haggard and crinkly developer (at the age of 33 I'm rather ancient compared to most game devs ) I'm used to aiming at long term targets and moving slowly towards them over a period of time - this is something which is frustrating, not just for our users but for ourselves .... unfortunately its not possible to do everything at once and we have to take a prudent and sensible approach to development.

For example with FM, I'd have loved to put player-manager interaction into the game more fully, however the timeline for implementing it wouldn't have fitted into the release schedule - so we implemented manager mind games which was a more limited features but could be used as a building block towards improved player interaction for FM+1 ...

Hope this helps,

Marc
Old 11-25-2004, 08:03 AM   #333
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Keep up the good work. I know you're working hard. I just had a good laugh because in a Euro VASE match with Wolfsburg, I got to kick a freekick from inside the goal area.
CR
Does happen irl (in case you aren't aware) - such freekicks are normally indirect ...

Also around once or twice a season a freekick will be given near the goal-line in the box for a goal-keeper picking up a backpass ... these are hysterically funny mainly because the entire opposition team normally line up to block the goal as much as possible while the free-kick taker has to decide whether to blast the ball and hope it gets through or try to chip it over the heads of the people standing on the line ...
Old 11-25-2004, 08:15 AM   #334
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Marc,

Have you ever considered opening up a SI Games of America shop?
Old 11-25-2004, 08:31 AM   #335
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Marc, thanks for your comments. FM2005, and the CM series before that, being so well developped, we tend to forget the size of the team behind them. I for one had no clue what kind of programming team you had.

Quote:
For example with FM, I'd have loved to put player-manager interaction into the game more fully, however the timeline for implementing it wouldn't have fitted into the release schedule - so we implemented manager mind games which was a more limited features but could be used as a building block towards improved player interaction for FM+1 ...

I had read some comments from people on the SI forums asking why you had not implemented player/manager interaction, that they should have been a priority, yada, yada, yada. While I sort of agreed with that line of thinking, I also thought that testing the impact of manager mind games first was probably good idea. Your comment here makes me already looking forward to FM+1

FM
Old 11-25-2004, 08:54 AM   #336
bhlloy
Coordinator

Marc - an issue I've never seen anything about is at a club with a youth academy (I play with Cardiff City) the players getting promoted to the squad are usually between 18-20 with some 21 year olds as well. My assistant always thinks these guys are potential stars but they suck at the moment. Two issues with this 1) surely players should be getting sent through to the under 18's/reserves at 15 and 16 years old from the academy (not sure if there are any academies that would accept 19 and 20 year olds) and 2) surely by age 20 a player is starting to develop his skills i.e. if he's any good he should be showing me something? Assuming I have to develop these guys he's going to be 23 or 24 before he's even reserve standard. This means I pretty much ignore anyone coming through my academy because at age 20 they are already 2-3 months behind my 15 and 16 year old real players that I have been developing since the start of the game.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick here please let me know, it just annoys me that I get 15 guys through at the start of each year who are useless to me and then either sit in my reserves until their contract expires or who I have to pay 15k each to to release on a free transfer. These guys aren't even good enough to offer to Welsh Premier League clubs so I can't sell them for free either.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 09:05 AM   #337
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy
Marc - an issue I've never seen anything about is at a club with a youth academy (I play with Cardiff City) the players getting promoted to the squad are usually between 18-20 with some 21 year olds as well. My assistant always thinks these guys are potential stars but they suck at the moment. Two issues with this 1) surely players should be getting sent through to the under 18's/reserves at 15 and 16 years old from the academy (not sure if there are any academies that would accept 19 and 20 year olds) and 2) surely by age 20 a player is starting to develop his skills i.e. if he's any good he should be showing me something? Assuming I have to develop these guys he's going to be 23 or 24 before he's even reserve standard. This means I pretty much ignore anyone coming through my academy because at age 20 they are already 2-3 months behind my 15 and 16 year old real players that I have been developing since the start of the game.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick here please let me know, it just annoys me that I get 15 guys through at the start of each year who are useless to me and then either sit in my reserves until their contract expires or who I have to pay 15k each to to release on a free transfer. These guys aren't even good enough to offer to Welsh Premier League clubs so I can't sell them for free either.

I'll see if I can work out whats happening here - at a quick guess its because you're at a Welsh club in an English league and it thinks the Welsh players are within an inactive league (which they are really) ...

Players in inactive leagues often get regenned at a slightly higher age (with abilities progressed as if they'd been active obviously) in order to retain the balance of players available for European/International football within those countries ...
Old 11-25-2004, 09:49 AM   #338
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

Gist of them was:

Hope this helps,

Marc

Marc, thanks for the response. That does make me feel a little better about the whole situation.

Nevertheless, I do really tend to agree with Chief Rum, here - it doesn't really make all that much sense to put the league in, half-assed. I guess if your eventual goal is to get the game 100% implemented (right now I'd say it's between 50-60%), you have to start somewhere, but as CR said, having it just be a Euro-esque league with the correct player rules (I think the SI's and TI's, etc. should have been done correctly for this game above all else), would be a better alternative to me than what we have now.

Again, though, I apologize if I've been too rude over the issue. It's just that I paid $60 for FM, some of which went towards the MLS license that Sega bought for the game - just seems silly to me to pay for the MLS league and get something that isn't playable.

I do really appreciate the response, though, and hopefully the patch will be out soon. Also, hopefully in FM2006, MLS will get at least 80-90% "there", and there will be great player-manager interactions. As it is now, there isn't a TON of new features left to do besides player interaction - if you guys get that working, and have everything else tightened up to the CM01-02 level (which I'm getting in the mail soon), there won't be a whole heck of a lot left for you to do.

I don't know if you guys do the whole Thanksgiving thing over there, but if so, have a great holiday and if not have a great weekend!

Thanks,
~kyle
Old 11-25-2004, 11:10 AM   #339
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

CR

That can actually happen.

There are two types of free kicks. Direct free kicks and indirect free kicks. Direct Free Kicks are for the normal type of fouls, pushing, bad tackles, or handball. a foul inside the 18 meter area means the referee awards a Penalty Kick.

Other fouls including Obstruction and the like, are given as an Indirect Free Kick. It's treated just like any other free kick, except the free kick is always taken, even if it's inside the box. You cannot score directly from the kick in an indirect Free Kick (the ball must be touched by a second player)
Old 11-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #340
Kevin
High School JV

Quote:
I very much want us to break into the American market, not least because EHM and OOTP are amazing games and imho deserve to be very successful ... however its something which will take time as the American public time to come around to as its a whole new genre and convincing people that a game without snazzy 3D graphics is still a good game takes time.

It's going to be very difficult to break into the market when Sega isn't giving you any visibility. I still haven't seen EHM in Nova Scotia yet.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:16 AM   #341
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I'll see if I can work out whats happening here - at a quick guess its because you're at a Welsh club in an English league and it thinks the Welsh players are within an inactive league (which they are really) ...

Players in inactive leagues often get regenned at a slightly higher age (with abilities progressed as if they'd been active obviously) in order to retain the balance of players available for European/International football within those countries ...

Cheers Marc... haven't played any other team with an academy other than Cardiff (usually start small) so that may well be it.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 03:06 PM   #342
Desnudo
Coordinator

So far I'm blowing the doors off the competition with Newport County in EC South. Strangely the 4-5-1 is scoring 2-4 goals a game for me.
Old 11-25-2004, 03:27 PM   #343
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
It's going to be very difficult to break into the market when Sega isn't giving you any visibility. I still haven't seen EHM in Nova Scotia yet.
We're working on improving this side of things, it will take time however ....

Please bear in mind that until CM97-98 we didn't sell particularly huge amounts in the UK, it takes time to build up a userbase and reassure retailers etc. about the possibility of a non-graphically intensive game being popular.
Old 11-26-2004, 06:59 AM   #344
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

anybody knows what has to happen for the "Post match summary" link to be ungreyed after a match?

The only thing I can see there is "milestones" and "lineups" and I don't feel like they help me much about what has happened in the match...

I'm thinking it may be that your match has to be on TV and since I pay with Luton in League One, we're not often featured on TV. But this may change, has I saw that our round two FA Cup match is to be featured on TV, maybe I'll know then...

FM
Old 11-26-2004, 07:06 PM   #345
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy

Put a fix for this in today - thanks for mentioning it, it wasn't something I was aware of before ...

Also ensured that Mr. Adu is playable in the MLS in patch#1 at his current tender age
Old 11-26-2004, 08:20 PM   #346
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
anybody knows what has to happen for the "Post match summary" link to be ungreyed after a match?

The only thing I can see there is "milestones" and "lineups" and I don't feel like they help me much about what has happened in the match...

I'm thinking it may be that your match has to be on TV and since I pay with Luton in League One, we're not often featured on TV. But this may change, has I saw that our round two FA Cup match is to be featured on TV, maybe I'll know then...

FM

That is odd that you can not see it. I have seen it on my normal games. I will not ruin the surprise.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:26 PM   #347
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I got the game a week ago, I've been extremely busy with work so I haven't been able to do much more than tinker with it, but I just started up a new game with Espanyol today, and am really looking forward to giving it a go.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:35 AM   #348
riz
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin

Sad to hear that

If you do ever find the game in stores around your area, can you please give me a shout. We are trying to gather the names and addresses of local retailers in North America to a thread on our forums to help people who have trouble finding the game in stores over there.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/ubb...25&m=753200916
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:35 AM   #349
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
That is odd that you can not see it. I have seen it on my normal games. I will not ruin the surprise.

tease

What team do you play with?

I'll ask the question again: what do I need to have access to the post match summary right after a game? Is it some staff, something special built for the team, does it happen on TV games or important games???

I remember when I first started playing with the demo, I was unable to do the "get team report" with my Luton side and it was because I didn't have an assistant manager. I have an assistant manager now, can see the team report, but can't access the post match report, as it's greyed out...

Anybody can help out?

FM
Old 11-27-2004, 10:37 AM   #350
rexallllsc
Banned

I cannot wait 'til EHM has some of the new FM features. I've already played a combined 10 days (6 seasons) on EHM, and man...awesome.

6 seasons, I've made the playoffs ONCE (made it on the last day...tied Edmonton w/ 83 points but had the tiebreaker), and played #1 Calgary in the first round (I got swept 4-1).

Anyways, I've had a great time. Can't wait to get FM. I wish freaking Fry's would pick it up.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote