Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-22-2004, 10:42 PM   #301
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I'm going aggressively. Making the base assault has been my number goal since the first mission of the first X-com, so I'm going all out for it. Due to Kerlinni killing my talented grandfather and due to my always ending up on the wimpy missions, it now looks like I will be denied. I'd rather be dead than sitting at home during the base mission. So I want to go in and try to kill as many aliens as I can.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:57 PM   #302
MrBug708
Head Coach

I like how if you get klled, you are D/C
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:03 PM   #303
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
I'm going aggressively. Making the base assault has been my number goal since the first mission of the first X-com, so I'm going all out for it. Due to Kerlinni killing my talented grandfather and due to my always ending up on the wimpy missions, it now looks like I will be denied. I'd rather be dead than sitting at home during the base mission. So I want to go in and try to kill as many aliens as I can.

I think you'll definitely get on board this one, though. Some of the agents on the list aren't around that much, and someone above you is bound to win the Agent's Choice award.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:54 PM   #304
Tasan
College Starter

Hey if not enough guys report in for this mission, can you throw some of us Africa guys in that have been active, or are kids of former Squadies? Just a suggestion ;- )
Old 06-23-2004, 02:02 AM   #305
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

December 7, 5:19 PM CST

As we wait word on the USA COM's mission to Siberia, I grab an early dinner, and then start back toward my room to try to relax. As I walk the halls of USA COM, I think about the men who are once again risking all for their planet. It is this time--the waiting--that is always the hardest part for me. How many men did I send to their deaths today? How many men will endure unimaginable pain because I have once again ordered them into the breach? How many more must die to before this hellish war ends? I have been asking myself these questions since the first day of this war, and finally the answers may lie less than a week away. But it does not make the wait tonight any easier.

I arrive at my door, unlock it, and step inside. I turn on the light, and glance around the room. The red light on my phone is flashing: message. I cross to it, press the play button, and listen...

It is a female voice. Miss Terry's voice. She is crying. Her words are nearly unintelligble...

"...sorry..too late...it's starting...it's awful...all the bodies...everyone...they are all dead..."

The message ends.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-23-2004 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:09 AM   #306
jerk3616
n00b

GB - You know I love you (in a plutonic, mannish sort of way of course)...but seriously. Damn.

Now I have to eat bon-bons and watch the Lifetime channel to get over your post. I blame my love handles on you.

Old 06-23-2004, 06:09 AM   #307
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I love this one:

Get killed: Disqualified
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:41 AM   #308
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz

As we wait word on the USA COM's mission to Siberia, I grab an early dinner, and then start back toward my room to try to relax. As I walk the halls of USA COM, I think about the men who are once again risking all for their planet. It is this time--the waiting--that is always the hardest part for me. How many men did I send to their deaths today? How many men will endure unimaginable pain because I have once again ordered them into the breach? How many more must die to before this hellish war ends? I have been asking myself these questions since the first day of this war, and finally the answers may lie less than a week away. But it does not make the wait tonight any easier.

I arrive at my door, unlock it, and step inside. I turn on the light, and glance around the room. The red light on my phone is flashing: message. I cross to it, press the play button, and listen...

It is a female voice. Miss Terry's voice. She is crying. Her words are nearly unintelligble...

"...sorry..too late...it's starting...it's awful...all the bodies...everyone...they are all dead..."

The message ends.

Zut.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:13 AM   #309
Alf
Pro Starter

Alf III will join if permitted and will play on normal mode.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:48 AM   #310
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Just a quick update for people that haven't seen the bottom of page 6...

The Battle Competition requires a post here saying that you're in, and what kind of combat mode you prefer: aggressive, normal, cautious. If you don't care about the combat mode, I'll probably put you on normal. More details are near the bottom of page 6 in this thread.

So far we've heard from the bold-faced names...

1. Patman II (15)
2. Danny Van Halen (14)
3. Wolfpack (13) Cautious
4. Sublime II (12)
5. Qwikshot II (12) Aggressive
6. Coffee Warlord II (11) Normal
7. Jeeber D (11) Normal
8. Naiwf (10) Normal
9. Fat Football II (10)
10. Split Personality III (9) Aggressive
11. Breeze (8) Normal
12. Afoci (8)
13. Illinifan V (8) Cautious
14. Japherwaki II (7)

Alternates:
15. Real Deal III (7) Aggressive
16. Klayman III (5)
17. Chuck U Farley (5) Aggressive
18. Glen Goyne (5)
19. Alf III (5) Normal
20. Mr. Bug IV (5) Normal
21. Blade6119 (4) Normal
22. Mike Vic (4)
23. Raven Hawk II (3) Normal
24. Vince (3) Aggressive
25. Ardent Enthusiast (3) Normal
26. Lokugh III (2) Normal
27. Katon II (2)
28. Psycho Cop II (2)
29. Hoops Guy (2)

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-23-2004 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:57 AM   #311
JeeberD
General Manager

Hmmm...I really hope that Miss Terry isn't talking about me...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:05 AM   #312
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

The message ends.

Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:10 AM   #313
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Bleah again
Old 06-23-2004, 10:35 AM   #314
Chuck U Farley
n00b

Chuck U. only goes aggressive
Chuck U Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:02 PM   #315
Raven Hawk
College Starter

Good luck Jeeber and CW! Do me proud, so we can remove you from the peer voting list.

Raven Hawk II goes Normal if you need alternates to the alternates.
Old 06-23-2004, 12:12 PM   #316
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I will go cautious. I'm a wimp, this is the longest an Illinifan has gone without dieing/running away doing who knows what now.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:14 PM   #317
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

I'm brave, but I'm also slow to the draw - so getting the most kills seems far fetched - unless I do and awesome job with a blaster launcher. I go normal.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 01:09 PM   #318
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

107th Mission: Snakemen in Siberia

The USA COM Skyranger soars over the dark, frozen North Pole on its way to battle Snakemen in Siberia once again. This route, this battle, has almost become a ritual.

D-Day lies only six days away, and we still have a number of positions left to fill on the 18-man strike team. This will be one of the last few chances for these agents to make a statement to X-COM command to be selected in the final round of X-COM Command Selections.

As the Skyranger begins its gradual descent to the battlefield, Jeeber D goes to unlock the blaster launcher locker. The lock sticks, and he is unable to get the thing open. He tries a number of times to jimmy the lock, but nothing works. Just then, the Skyranger begins its quick, vertical drop, and for the moment, the Blaster Launcher is locked away, unavailable for use. Jeeber grabs a Heavy Plasma from a rack next to the locker and works his way back to his spot in the Skyranger.

Patman II will lead our men.

Our men:

Left Side:
1. Achilles (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
2. Sublime II (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
3. Jeeber D (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
4. Mr. Bug IV (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
5. Klayman III (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)

Right Side:
1. Patman II (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
2. Lokugh III (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
3. AStott (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
4. Anxiety III (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)
5. Katon II (Heavy Plasma, Flying Suit)

The Skyranger drops to the stark, cold Siberian forests. We’re coming down just as the sun peeks over the horizon to the east. Long shadows play in the pine trees below. It looks like we’ll be coming down in a large clearing in the middle of the active zone today. Unusually for this area, we’ve got some open space to work with; the entire area appears lightly wooded instead of the usual dense forests we encounter up here.

We can also make out the badly damaged, cross-shaped UFO. It’s smoking hulk will right beside our exit ramp to the left, about 10 meters away. We’ll be facing the UFO door, so things should get interesting fast. Elsewhere, we’ve got a small hill about 20 meters in front of our exit. To the right of our Skyranger exit and by the nose of the craft, we’ve got large hills. There is also a small hill to the left of the UFO.

The Skyranger drops the final few meters to the ground and lands softly on the frozen earth. The ramp falls away…

Nothing. Cold air washes into the Skyranger bay.

Our tank rolls out of the Skyranger and spots a Snakeman right beside the Skyranger ramp, about 5 feet from our craft! Achilles and Patman II bolt forward, launch themselves out of the Skyranger, twist in the air, and open fire. Achilles blows a hole in the Snakeman’s torso before it can get a shot off at our tank, which has jumped vertical to avoid fire. As the Snakeman topples backwards, Achilles and Patman II hit the ground, roll, and take up firing positions. No other signs of movement. X-COM 1, Aliens 0.

Achilles scrambles back up the ramp as Patman II moves to the left landing gear. Just as Patman gets to the gear, he spots a Snakeman, about 30 meters away, cutting towards our position from the right of the large hill on the right of the Skyranger. Patman twists, aims, and fires. Plasma races toward the alien and nails him in the stomach. The alien lets out a wail and tumbles to the ground, twitching. Within seconds it is dead. X-COM 2, Aliens 0.

Lokugh III, Sublime II, and AStott are next out of the Skyranger. Lokugh jumps down to the right landing gear. Sublime II prepares a grenade to toss through the large hole in the UFO roof. AStott goes vertical to try and spot aliens from up high. Our tank starts a circular sweep high above our Skyranger.

Suddenly, Lokugh III picks up a Snakeman, about 30 meters away, advancing on our position through some woods to the left side of the Skyranger, up by the nose of the craft. Both Lokugh and AStott open up. Plasma tears up the ground around the Snakeman, who turns to flee. Lokugh slams a shot into his torso, but the alien stays up. An instant later AStott blows the right side of its skull apart with a headshot. The creature screams and falls. X-COM 3, Aliens 0.

Before we can catch our breath, Patman spots another Snakeman bearing down on us to the right of the hill on our right. Patman is the only one with a shot. The Snakeman goes for his weapon at the same time. Patman pulls the trigger first, but slams a shot off the hill. The Snakeman blows a chunk of dirt up at Patman’s feet. Patman’s second shot has better luck, as it disembowels the Snakeman and sends it crashing to the forest floor. X-COM 4, Aliens 0.

Just as this ends, Sublime’s grenade disappears into the UFO and goes off with a dull crash. Smoke comes billowing out of the UFO, and we hear yet another alien scream! On the tails of the scream, Jeeber D makes it out of the Skyranger, goes vertical, and trains his weapon on the UFO door and at the gaping hole in the UFO roof. X-COM 5, Aliens 0.

Yet another alien comes charging down on our position. This one is about 40 meters away, up past the nose of our Skyranger, and is firing from the hip as it advances. Jeeber D goes vertical, leads the Snakeman by a couple of feet with his heavy plasma, and opens fire. The Snakeman rushes through the hail of fire, as AStott, Patman, and Lokugh join in the fray. It’s Jeeber D that racks up the kill, though: A plasma blast to the torso blows a chunk out of the creature and drops it to the ground. X-COM 6, Aliens 0.

Back in the Skyranger, Klayman III pries open the stuck Blaster Launcher cabinet, stuffs a missile in the weapon, plots a quick firing path out of the Skyranger bay and into the UFO, and pulls the trigger. The missile roars out of the bay, cuts left, and disappears into the hole in the roof. The missile twists and turns inside the UFO, then slams into something and goes off with a massive roar. Flames and smoke mushroom out of the hole in the roof, and we hear yet another alien screaming in agony. X-COM 7, Aliens 0.

As this explosion dies down, our men frantically scan the forest and UFO for signs of more aliens. While the do this, Katon II replaces Patman II at the Skyranger landing gear. Mr. Bug IV replaces AStott on the left side of our exit. Anxiety III replaces Sublime overlooking the UFO. Patman II, AStott, and Sublime II head back into the Skyranger bay to join Achilles.

Just at they get there, our Hovertank spots yet another alien advancing on our position from the right side of the hill to the right of the Skyranger. Lokugh III and Katon pick up the alien on their HUDs and open fire. Both men are wild at first, but Lokugh quickly adjusts and hits the alien with a plasma blast that blows a chunk out of the creature’s groin and drops it wailing to the ground. X-COM 8, Aliens 0.

And with that, our threat sensors turn green. Four minutes, eight seconds. Eight dead Snakemen. No casualties. Not bad, men. Not bad at all.

Kills: Achilles, 1; Patman II, 2; Sublime II, 1; AStott, 1; Jeeber D, 1; Klayman III, 1; Lokugh III, 1.
KIA: None.
Wounded: None.
Attribute Improvements: Achilles, Patman II, Sublime II, AStott, Jeeber D, Klayman III, Lokugh III, Mr. Bug IV.
Final score: 200.
Mission Notes:
Man, that was some fast action. Aliens flying at us from all directions.

AStott becomes our fifth 20 missions/20 kills agent today, as he picks up his 20th kill on this, his 20th mission. Nice job, AStott!

It appears that Miss Terry was completely wrong! Never trust a fortune teller, that’s what I always say!

As our Skyranger turns east and skies up over the North Pole to return to USA COM, Klayman III notices a white streak falling towards earth through the still twilight skies well to the west of our Skyranger. A falling star, perhaps? An omen, perhaps?

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-23-2004 at 01:10 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:56 PM   #319
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I'll be more restrained in my approach. Frankly, if I don't cover for the more aggressive types and they get killed, I ain't got a chance to come out alive anyway. So, I'll be somewhat cautious and hang back a bit.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:05 PM   #320
jerk3616
n00b

"As our Skyranger turns east and skies up over the North Pole to return to USA COM, Klayman III notices a white streak falling towards earth through the still twilight skies well to the west of our Skyranger. A falling star, perhaps? An omen, perhaps?"

Neither...that would be me throwing myself off of a tall building after buying into that Miss Terry psychic crap. I guess now, when I become active, I should properly be called jerk II...the first X-Com soldier who commits hari kari before even reporting for duty.

Last edited by jerk3616 : 06-23-2004 at 02:07 PM.
jerk3616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:27 PM   #321
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Just a quick note. I've updated the Battle Competition rosters, and expanded the alternate list to include active agents with two kills or more. 12 agents have checked in so far, but I think we'll still need four more agents to confirm, figuring that it looks like two agents (Coffee, Raven Hawk, or Jeeber D) would drop out if they win the Agent's Choice Awards.

About 9 and a half hours left to sign up. If we don't have enough agents as of midnight CST, we'll take first come, first serve until we fill the Skyranger.
Old 06-23-2004, 02:30 PM   #322
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm willing. and normal.

Last edited by Poli : 06-23-2004 at 03:26 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:58 PM   #323
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm in too.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:17 PM   #324
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Qwikshot will be normal...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:22 PM   #325
Lokugh
Mascot

Well, if I am eligible, I'm in the battle competition.
Lokugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:32 PM   #326
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Just caught up on the last 2 missions and...

I HIT SOMETHING !!!!

Yesssssssss ! OK, it was a UFO with a blaster launcher and I got lucky and got me an alien with that hit but still...

See, we just knew we had to stop drinking the damn alien beer...
Old 06-23-2004, 03:33 PM   #327
fantastic flying froggies
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
I'm willing. and normal.

Now, what is wrong with this comment ???
Old 06-23-2004, 03:51 PM   #328
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Qwikshot will change to aggressive, no guts no glory...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:56 PM   #329
Vince
Pro Starter

I love this dynasty...I was supposed to be in class for the last half hour, and had just posted here that I don't have time to catch up...but of course, I did catch up.

I'd like to volunteer to be an Aggressive soldier in the Combat Competition!
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Last edited by Vince : 06-23-2004 at 04:46 PM.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #330
NAIWF
College Prospect

I'm in and normal
NAIWF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:35 PM   #331
JeeberD
General Manager

Who the hell locked up the blaster launcher locker so that I couldn't get multiple kills? Sabotage, I tell you...SABOTAGE!!!!

Old 06-23-2004, 05:52 PM   #332
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

December 7, 7:24 PM CST

I get word of the successful USA COM mission and breathe a sigh of relief. Miss Terry has not been wrong until now, and even though I chide myself for half-believing her, she was in part responsible for saving Kodos' life.

On a whim, I go to my phone and scan the numbers of the incoming calls. There it is. From Fargo about an hour ago. I dial the number and wait...

Miss Terry: Hello...Mr. Blitz?

She is still sobbing.

Me: Yes. I have good news. You can stop crying, Miss Terry. You were wrong. All of our agents are returning safely. No one was killed. The only bodies were those of aliens.

Silence.

Me: Miss Terry? Did you hear me? Everyone lived.

Miss Terry: Yes...I'm sorry...I'm glad for you agents, Mr. Blitz...But it was not...them I was talking about...It is too late...They are all dead, Mr. Blitz...and it is only the beginning...You have no idea.

One of the red lights on my phone starts flashing: incoming call. I ignore it.

Me: What are you talking about?

She is crying worse now.

Me: Look, let me come and see you. I'll head over. I have time now. You can explain everything.

Another light goes on. Another incoming call. I recognize the second number: EU COM. And then a third light goes on: ASIA COM. What the hell is going on? I better check.

Me: Sorry, Miss Terry, but I'll have to call you right back. It seems I've got a bunch of a calls that might be urgent. It'll be five minutes. I promise. Bye.

I hang up and reach for the button to take the EU COM call.

It was a promise I did not keep.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-23-2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 05:56 PM   #333
Alf
Pro Starter

You liar !
Old 06-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #334
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Random Replies...

Jeeber: I accidentally hit the "ok" button before distributing all the weapons. Had to come up with something to explain why no one had a blaster launcher.

Vince: Thanks! I'm glad you're in.

Jerk: You funny ha ha. Where were you a year ago? We could have used you.

Ardent: Don't worry about the brownie points thingie. I think you bring a lot to the dynasty, and I'm glad you enjoy it.

Tasan: I think we're going to have enough agents, now. Sorry. I wish there was a way to get everyone to Mars.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #335
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Just a quick update for people that haven't seen the bottom of page 6...

The Battle Competition requires a post here saying that you're in, and what kind of combat mode you prefer: aggressive, normal, cautious.

Sign me up!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:49 PM   #336
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,

Oh Normal I'd guess.

If I make the mission, I wouldn't want to be the guy standing next to me. Then again I haven't been mind controlled yet. Maybe these Psi ratings aren't all they are cracked up to be.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:51 PM   #337
kingfc22
Head Coach

If i have any shot at the battle comp. mission (very unlikely). I'll go aggressive.
Old 06-23-2004, 06:59 PM   #338
Poli
FOFC Survivor

GB, I really wish I had paid attention to this thread earlier.

Revrew did a soft recruitment of me a few months back, too.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:09 PM   #339
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
GB, I really wish I had paid attention to this thread earlier.

Along the same lines. I wish I knew of FOF sooner.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:26 PM   #340
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I say Normal. It doesnt discriminate.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 07:58 PM   #341
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
I hang up and reach for the button to take the EU COM call.

It was a promise I did not keep.

Uh-oh...are bases coming under attack?

Old 06-23-2004, 08:06 PM   #342
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I doubt it. GB wouldn't still be fielding offers for the mother ship if they had.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:17 PM   #343
JeeberD
General Manager

Unless he was trying to keep us on our toes and not give away anything that's "already happened"...

Old 06-23-2004, 08:50 PM   #344
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Under attack doesn't sound like the half of it. Nuked sounds more appropriate. Then again she could be describing the next mission in which intrepid X-Com forces wipe out yet another downed alien craft.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:58 PM   #345
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Battle Competition Update

Just a quick update again...

There are a little over three hours left to sign up, so jump in if you're on the list.

A couple of quick thoughts. Judging from missions when I was learning the game, I'd have to say that selecting "aggressive" mode probably entails greater than a 50% chance that you will die on this mission. Normal probably will amount to about a 35% chance. Cautious would be about 10-15%. If you want to change, now's the time. Of course, given that we've got a unique mix of agent fighting styles of this mission, all those numbers may be off.

Also, if anyone wants out for whatever reason, let me know. There are still three agents to be picked by X-COM Command when all the contests are over, and agents may die between now and then, so if you've got a bad feeling about this, now is also the time to tell me you want out.

Just a reminder on how to confirm your spot on the roster...

The Battle Competition requires a post here saying that you're in, and what kind of combat mode you prefer: aggressive, normal, cautious. If you don't care about the combat mode, I'll probably put you on normal. More details are near the bottom of page 6 in this thread.

So far we've heard from the bold-faced names...

1. Patman II (15)
2. Danny Van Halen (14) Normal
3. Wolfpack (13) Cautious
4. Sublime II (12)
5. Qwikshot II (12) Aggressive
6. Coffee Warlord II (11) Normal
7. Jeeber D (11) Normal
8. Naiwf (10) Normal
9. Fat Football II (10)
10. Split Personality III (9) Aggressive
11. Breeze (8) Normal
12. Afoci (8)
13. Illinifan V (8) Cautious
14. Japherwaki II (7)

Alternates:
15. Real Deal III (7) Aggressive
16. Klayman III (5)
17. Chuck U Farley (5) Aggressive
18. Glen Goyne (5) Normal
19. Alf III (5) Normal
20. Mr. Bug IV (5) Normal
21. Blade6119 (4) Normal
22. Mike Vic (4)
23. Raven Hawk II (3) Normal
24. Vince (3) Aggressive
25. Ardent Enthusiast (3) Normal
26. Lokugh III (2) Normal
27. Katon II (2)
28. Psycho Cop II (2)
29. Hoops Guy (2)
Old 06-23-2004, 09:16 PM   #346
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Will this mission happen before or after the conclusion of the puzzle contest? The last thing I want to do is win the puzzle contest only to get killed because I was going aggressive in the challenge mission.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:20 PM   #347
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Will this mission happen before or after the conclusion of the puzzle contest? The last thing I want to do is win the puzzle contest only to get killed because I was going aggressive in the challenge mission.

The mission will happen before the end of the puzzle contest. The puzzle contest will run through tomorrow, I'm thinking. I plan on fighting and posting this mission tomorrow. You've got somewhat of a tough choice to make.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:21 PM   #348
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Updated stats...

The In-transit troops have actually arrived at their bases. I have to record the stats for them, and will try to do that and add them to this post as soon as I can.

X-COM II Troop Master List (After Mission 107)

USA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 14. Wade Moore Active Colonel 27 25 43. Achilles Active Sergeant 23 17 46. Patman II Active Captain 24 15 55. Sublime II Active Sergeant 22 12 74. AStott Active Captain 20 20 75. Alf III Active Squaddie 10 5 92. Jeeber D Active Squaddie 14 11 98. MrBug IV Active Squaddie 12 5 112. Airhog II Active Squaddie 6 1 114. Blade6119 IV WND (12) Squaddie 4 4 115. Klayman III Active Squaddie 6 5 121. Katon II Active Squaddie 4 2 129. Ardent Enthusiast Active Squaddie 4 3 133. Lokugh III Active Squaddie 4 2 143. Anxiety III Active Squaddie 3 1

EU COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 2. jfbbis WND (Coma) Colonel 23 23 10. Kodos Active Commander 27 26 19. Revrew Active Captain 26 24 70. Naiwf Active Sergeant 16 10 89. RealDeal III Active Squaddie 13 7 90. Coffee Warlord II Active Sergeant 14 11 101. Wolfpack Active Sergeant 10 13 102. Japherwaki II Active Squaddie 11 7 105. Swaggs Active Sergeant 12 10 110. Breeze Active Squaddie 6 8 116. Chuck U Farley Active Squaddie 6 5 122. Mike Vic Active Squaddie 4 4 123. Vince Active Squaddie 4 3 128. ShaefIllini Active Squaddie 2 1 131. Raven Hawk II Active Squaddie 2 3

ASIA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 35. Jeff Nights II Active Captain 27 15 39. Thomkal II Active Sergeant 22 19 41. Fat Football II Active Sergeant 20 10 45. Danny VanHalen Active Sergeant 21 14 52. Qwikshot II Active Captain 22 12 84. Split Pers III Active Sergeant 10 9 93. Afoci Active Squaddie 10 8 96. Illinifan V Active Squaddie 11 8 109. Glengoyne Active Squaddie 7 5 117. Psycho Cop II Active Squaddie 4 2 118. Calis Active Squaddie 7 1 124. Sir Fozzie II Active Squaddie 5 1 127. Hoops Guy Active Squaddie 4 2 134. BYU II Active Squaddie 5 0 137. FF Froggies Active Squaddie 4 0

SAM COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 71. Wignasty Active Squaddie 7 3 130. Peregrine Active Rookie 0 0 132. Northwood DK Active Rookie 0 0

AFRICA COM
Code:
ID Name Status Rank Miss. Kills 59. Daimyo II WND (10) Squaddie 9 5 94. Data King III Active Squaddie 5 2 125. Chief Rum IV Active Rookie 0 0 136. Barkeep Active Rookie 0 0 138. Blade IV Active Rookie 0 0 139. Tasan II Active Rookie 0 0 141. Render III Active Rookie 0 0

X-COM II Troop Attributes
Code:
Name TUs Sta Hlt Brv Rea Fir Thw Str PsD PsS 2. jfbbis 78 85 61 30 35 88 58 61 75 16 10. Kodos 80 93 60 50 62 85 74 64 75 20 14. Wade Moore 81 84 59 30 59 93 72 68 86 21 19. Revrew 79 76 57 30 38 68 61 67 91 31 35. Jeff Nights II 78 84 58 60 33 68 66 60 97 29 39. Thomkal II 76 95 60 30 56 53 61 56 60 25 41. Fat Football II 71 75 46 50 38 71 73 57 99 23 43. Achilles 75 76 61 10 46 81 79 58 72 24 45. Danny VanHalen 78 85 50 10 42 63 79 52 28 21 46. Patman II 78 74 57 60 50 52 79 59 39 20 52. Qwikshot II 76 81 49 10 58 78 65 57 75 22 55. Sublime II 77 80 51 10 40 76 78 63 59 19 59. Daimyo II 65 60 48 30 47 70 64 43 70. Naiwf 76 72 53 50 40 63 69 49 26 16 71. Wignasty 64 45 37 20 38 61 72 44 74. AStott 77 64 56 50 55 74 63 61 92 18 75. Alf III 62 61 40 40 52 51 57 46 18 22 84. Split Pers III 71 71 47 30 41 64 67 44 30 20 89. RealDeal III 75 76 40 60 47 68 68 56 48 24 90. Coffee Warlord II 76 85 51 60 38 73 69 46 25 24 92. Jeeber D 68 65 50 20 31 63 78 49 77 23 93. Afoci 65 61 42 30 40 47 55 49 79 17 94. Data King III 63 52 31 50 36 52 58 35 96. Illinifan V 57 56 50 50 56 55 67 48 88 21 98. Mr. Bug IV 65 69 50 10 34 71 66 41 101. Wolfpack 73 76 42 40 38 67 59 46 65 23 102. Japherwaki II 69 81 43 20 32 53 53 50 80 22 105. Swaggs 71 77 47 60 51 78 69 51 83 36 109. Glengoyne 72 73 48 30 34 68 53 47 3 21 110. Breeze 65 51 41 60 31 72 54 42 59 16 112. Airhog II 56 67 30 60 56 44 54 29 114. Blade6119 IV 56 47 44 10 37 74 61 33 115. Klaymn III 63 80 47 30 34 72 58 37 116. Chuck U Farley 58 69 36 40 55 68 77 39 55 18 117. Psycho Cop II 53 64 40 10 60 67 50 44 55 19 118. Calis 58 57 26 50 39 55 73 35 50 22 121. Katon II 54 54 29 40 59 69 54 39 122. Mike Vic 67 50 45 10 32 44 53 43 123. Vince 60 69 31 10 45 66 57 43 124. Sir Fozzie II 60 69 32 10 31 68 50 25 81 24 125. Chief Rum IV 55 46 25 30 50 52 63 38 127. Hoops Guy 57 54 43 40 41 59 65 28 78 21 128. ShaefIllini 62 53 43 10 60 59 64 36 129. Ardent Enthusiast 66 67 35 40 48 65 72 40 130. Peregrine 55 45 37 30 35 45 64 34 131. Raven Hawk II 59 46 33 20 31 68 66 43 132. Northwood DK 51 40 27 30 54 48 56 40 133. BYU II 52 69 33 10 53 58 61 38 134. Lokugh III 57 63 42 60 40 48 55 37 136. Barkeep 52 57 33 30 34 55 73 32 137. FF Froggies 57 53 41 10 57 45 75 39 138. Blade IV 58 42 30 30 51 40 49 23 139. Tasan II 60 50 38 10 37 54 79 20 141. Render III 59 64 27 50 42 46 53 22 143. Anxiety III 56 60 42 40 38 69 68 34 Key: TUs = Time Units; Sta = Stamina; Hlt = Health; Brv = Bravery; Rea = Reactions Fir = Firing; Thw = Throwing; Str = Strength; PsD = PSI Defense; PsS = PSI Skill
Support Personnel
Code:
Head of Research: Craptacular (Current researching focus: Heavy Plasma) Head of Engineering: Sterling Ice II (Current manufacturing focus: Flying Suits, Hover Tank, Avenger Fighter) US Interceptor Pilot: CapnMorgan AF Interceptor Pilot: Superman AS Interceptor Pilot: Toddiec IV EU Firestorm Pilot: Sachmo IV

Attribute Leaders (After Mission 107)
Code:
Time Units: (81) Wade Moore Stamina: (95) Thomkal II Health: (61) Jfbbis, Achilles Bravery: (60) (Nine tied) Reactions: (62) Kodos Firing: (93) Wade Moore Throwing: (79) (Three tied) Strength: (68) Wade Moore PSI Defense: (99) Fat Football II PSI Strength: (36) Swaggs

Attribute Doggies (After Mission 107)
Code:
Time Units: (51) Northwood DK Stamina: (40) Northwood DK Health: (25) Chief Rum IV Bravery: (10) (14 tied) Reactions: (31) (four tied) Firing: (40) Blade IV Throwing: (50) Sir Fozzie II, Psycho Cop II Strength: (20) Tasan II PSI Defense: ( 3) Glen Goyne PSI Strength: (16) Naiwf, Breeze, Jfbbis

Top Ten Kills Leaders
Code:
1. Kodos 26 2. Wade Moore 25 3. Revrew 24 4. Jfbbis 23 5. Astott 20 6. Thomkal II 19 7. Klayman (KIA) 18 8. Achilles 17 9. Shorty (KIA) 16 10. Patman II 15 10. Jeff Nights II 15

Waiting List
Code:
ID Name Base Status Rank LBrvOK? OptUp? 144. Rich II - In Transit Rookie Yes No 145. Zippy III - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 146. Gi - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 147. Tellistto - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 148. CT Homer II - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 149. Rawisdan II - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 150. Gbk - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 151. The Herd II - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 152. 3ric V - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 153. Fonzie III - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 154. Condors III - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 155. Dawgfan - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 156. Travis V - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 157. Kingfc II - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 158. Tucker III - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes 159. Almighty II - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 160. The Time II - On Call Rookie Yes Yes 161. Jerk - In Transit Rookie Yes Yes
Old 06-23-2004, 09:24 PM   #349
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I think I have a better chance of winning the puzzle contest that of both surviving the mission and racking up the most kills.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:27 PM   #350
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
I think I have a better chance of winning the puzzle contest that of both surviving the mission and racking up the most kills.

Would you like to move back to "cautious" or "normal" or bow out of the mission altogether?